Flagship Boutique of VWIDON by Carla & Kenneth

Appointment is necessary for consultation. Please call 312 654 9078.

Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Fashion Services, Fashion

7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

740 N Franklin ST STE 11, Chicago, IL (312) 654-9078
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 m w

I had a wonderful experience with Vwidon. After shopping everywhere from David's to Gold Coast boutiques, Vwidon was a breath of fresh air. The showroom is quiet and very clean. The designer, Cala, and her team are helpful but give you plenty of space as you look. Other places... Read More pressured me to choose a favorite dress quickly, come back for another visit, or make a snap decision. Carla was in the store and helped me narrow down which dresses fit my style and price range. She even suggested the sample dresses as an option to make them more affordable. It was such a difference shopping there than everywhere else I looked! Carla is clearly an artist. The way she looked at me in the dress made me decide to buy from Vwidon. She looked at the dresses on me and gave me her honest opinion about how different fabrics looked on my skin tone, etc. I bought a sample / floor display dress in March. I went back for fittings 3 times, but I felt like the 3rd wasn't really necessary since the hem and fit were spot on the 2nd fitting. Vwidon shipped my dress for me. The dress was by far the easiest and most stress-free part of my wedding! I highly recommend Carla and Vwidon!

Reviewed on 3/09/2016

After shopping with my daughter for "the dress" of her dreams, we happened upon Vwidon. Having worked in the fashion industry for many years, I am enchanted with Carla's and Kenneth's vision, design details, quality, and originality-- as well as the overall impeccable, calm, and... Read More clean modern feel of the studio in Chicago. We found the perfect dress (though they are all exquisite) and had a wonderful time in the process. Thank you!

VWidon is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 SUSAN K

If you want an elegant and understated wedding gown, VWidon is the place to go! My dress was everything I could have dreamed of! If only I had more occasions to wear it!

Reviewed on 1/21/2018 Vanessa W

I had such an amazing experience at VWIDON this weekend. The atmosphere is crisp, elegant, and private so the experience is really all about you! The gowns are all breathtaking with their own unique personalities that make them truly one-of-a-kind. Carla was so great to work... Read More with as she knew exactly which dress would be perfect for my figure - and I mean PERFECT! I'm so happy with the dress I purchased this weekend and I look forward to going back for the fittings.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Caitlin M

When it comes to dress shopping for special occasions, I have always been a difficult customer. From homecoming, to prom, to formals, and graduations; I know what I’m looking for, I can't describe it, but I'll know it when I see it. So naturally, I had high expectations for my... Read More wedding dress. I went into wedding dress shopping with an open mind, but was discouraged after the first three boutiques I went to did not impress. I felt as though I would have to settle on a dress, and that my dream dress wasn't out there. I had a great feeling when I walked into Vwidon - the cleanliness, calming atmosphere (a nice change from the crowded and loud groups of women in other boutiques), and the high-quality/couture look of all the dresses on display. There is nothing better or that makes you feel more special than being able to work with the designer herself, Carla. Vwidon customizes the dress to your specifications. You can mix and match the bodice with the skirt or add sleeves/straps on any of the dresses. Their attention to detail is impeccable. For example, during one of my fittings, the hem was about 1/4 an inch too long so they decided it needed to be redone. They also calmed me down when I had mini panic attack and a last minute change a week before the wedding, and fixed it without hesitation. Vwidon prides themselves in their craftsmanship; making sure the dress is perfectly fitted and made specifically to your body type. Most importantly, during the entire process, the Vwidon staff makes you feel so special and comfortable, which gained my trust and allowed me to relax knowing I was in great hands!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Marina L

I actually was going to buy my wedding dress from another boutique, but then went to Vwidon last minute. Thank goodness I found Carla and her wonderful, out of this world dresses! (Attention brides - if you want a truly elegant silk dress made in the US at about $3,000, look no... Read More further!). I went to 10 or so stores before Vwidon, including stores in West suburbs. They also have very clean, completely new-looking floor samples. The store is very large with 100's of wedding dresses to choose from. Carla is a gifted artist! My wedding was "last minute" at Trump Hotel (May 2016) and she made my gorgeous custom silk tulle / lace dress in 2 months. I received hundreds of compliments about my dress, and will have unforgettable memories!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Kerri A

Carla at Vwidon makes the MOST beautiful dresses I've ever seen in my life. The second you walk into her clean and organized studio you'll see that her dresses are very high quality work and high quality materials and it makes a world of difference. She uses only the best... Read More materials and is truly a designer with amazing visions of beauty. I was having a hard time finding a dress that I felt was "the one" and while other dresses looked OK on me I never got that feeling of "this is it" until I tried on my dress at Vwidon. My poor sister-in-law had come with me to quite a few bridal stores to watch me try on dresses but when I tried on my dress at Vwidon I knew immediately that this was it! It was simple, elegant and yet different from anything I'd seen before. I received countless compliments on my dress and how well it fit me. When you get a dress from Vwidon, it'll be made to fit you perfectly so that on your wedding day you can wear it confidently. I LOVE my wedding dress and truly loved working with Carla and Natalie at Vwidon. They were patient and professional and very easy to work with and I am so thankful I found them. It was a great experience to work with a designer to make your dream wedding gown - and it truly was beautiful. THANK YOU Carla and Natalie, I'll have to come visit to say hello sometime! :)

I have never looked so beautiful

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Alexene

Carla seriously has a gift. All of her dresses were incredibly beautiful, and I had the most amazing experience (albeit difficult) selecting my gown. My wedding dress was the very first one I put on. I cannot be more emphatic about this - go to Vwidon. You will not be... Read More disappointed.

Beautiful dress, awesome staff!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Valerie J

I wholly recommend Vwidon to any brides looking for a simple but sophisticated and elegant gown. I felt so beautiful in my dress not only because of it's design but also because it fit me perfectly! There is a special confidence in buying the dress directly from its designer and... Read More having it altered by her in the fittings as well. Carla is awesome! Check out vwidon during your dress hunt!

Amazing, unique wedding dresses

Reviewed on 7/12/2014 Angelica M

I used Vwidon for my wedding dress last May. Not only are the prices reasonable compared to other downtown Chicago dress stores, but they design and produce their own dresses. I was able to design my dress based on some of the model dresses I saw in store. Carla and her crew are... Read More so talented, friendly, calm and inviting, it was such a pleasant experience. Their show room is very clean and open, and they only have one person fitting at a time so it is very personal. So happy to have purchased my dress from this wonderful dress maker!

A Real Boutique Experience

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Meredith A

Shopping for my wedding dress became one of my favorite experiences because of VWIDON. There are a few places you can find that fit the budget and put you in a dress that the designer herself is altering on you. I felt like she was setting me up to go down one of her runways,... Read More only in the end I got to meet my now husband at the end of the runway. I loved my dress. It was simple but extremely unique. Many of my guests claimed it was the most beautiful dress they had ever seen. It definitely had the "wow" factor. Carla uses amazing fabrics and constructs them in a way that makes you look your best but feels like you are wearing a work of art. I would recommend VWIDON to anyone I know who is getting married.

Great Dresses But...

Reviewed on 1/12/2012 Joc D

When I tried on the dresses, they seemed really great! Excellent material and best of all, if you order a dress, the dress will be made just for you to fit your body shape. However, I didn't like that every dress was so plain and traditional. Nothing excited me there.

Simple, Elegant and Beautifully made pieces

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Chenin K

Carla makes these in the store- and they are all incredible-- I got so many compliments, and I love that I didn't see a million other brides with my dress. The designs are flattering and perfect. Stay away if you like a lot of rhinestones, crystals, etc.

Beautiful material, made to fit perfectly

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Armin H

I wish I could give Vwidon 6 stars. I was incredibly happy with my dress! I almost skipped this appointment, it was the last one after a long day, and I had found so many dresses that I just loved. When I walked in, I didn't necessarily see anything that popped out to me and... Read More I had just been at a sample sale at Ultimate Bride where I found a few fantastic dresses. I tried on the first dress, and the fabric really blew me away, it's so luxe, and sooo much higher quality than the others I tried on. I wasn't completely sold, then I tried on the dress I ended up buying, and I saw my Mom and Best Friend's faces change a little. It took me a while to realize how beautiful the dress is, but the longer I had it on, the more I fell in love with it. Carla is wonderful, she takes the time to listen, and works with you to find what works for you. We ended up changing the bodice of the dress, making the train longer, adding buttons, adding a sweatheart neckline, she was so helpful and pleasant to work with, and patient with our extreme indeciveness and slow decision making. She had wonderful suggestions too. I absolutely loved, loved, loved my dress, it was so flattering!

Gorgeouse, unique and well made dresses

Reviewed on 6/19/2011 Kasey E

I worked with Carla at Vwidon when selecting my wedding dress, and found her to be an amazing designer. After going to Vwidon to try on dresses, no other bridal shops or dresses even compared. Carls selection is excellent, with a wide variety of style - I could have worn anyone... Read More of her dresses and felt like the most beautiful bride. Her prices are reasonable, and her tailoring is top notch. The customer service from Carla and the staff at Vwidon is truly a step above other bridal boutiques I visisted. I have told every new bride I know about Vwidon. Thank you Carla!

Personal Service and High Quality work!

Reviewed on 11/28/2010 Jennie M

If I were to do it all over again, I'd return to Vwidon in a second for my dress! A stranger recommended Vwidon to me and I am so fortunate that she did. Vwidon has a wide selection of elegant, timeless, sophisticated dresses to choose and I bought my dress on the first... Read More visit. Carla did a wonderful job altering my dress and it fit perfect on the wedding day. I definitely recommend Vwidon.

I never could have imagined a more beautiful dress

Reviewed on 11/18/2010 Soraya K

Carla and Vwidon did an absolutely amazing job on my wedding dress! I cannot tell you how many compliments I have received on the dress alone! She tailored it to fit my body perfectly and created a custom veil to match. Her designs are UNIQUE, TIMELESS, affordable and absolutely... Read More GORGEOUS! Thank you Carla- I cannot imagine my wedding day without your design and help!

Perfect wedding gown!

Reviewed on 11/05/2010 Katie S

The gowns are classic and elegant. Carla is amazing and helped me with everything!

Fabulous!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2010 Kathleen Ann O

One of my girlfriends had her dress made at Vwidon a few years back and I remembered Vwidon's simple elegance. My hips are 2.5 sizes bigger than my chest and i have a very short torso, so dress shopping isn't fun. Carla's designs do magic! Her dresses were the only ones that... Read More didn't make me look like a pear. She nips and tucks all in the right places to give a beautiful hourglass figure. I was able to wear an elegant, sleek dress instead of trying to hide my hips in a ball gown, poofy dress. What I like most about Vwidon is that her dresses are hand-tailored to YOUR exact measurements... a TRUE couture dress. I tried on an Amsale dress someplace else for $4000 (which I couldn't afford). They would have had to order a size 8 to fit my hips even though my chest/torso was a size 2. And then I would have had to pay another $500+ in alterations. That's not a couture dress! Whereas, at Vwidon, the tailor is right there in the shop. The dress is made just for you. Plus, if you buy the off the rack, you save 20% and get your dress altered to your measurements by the person who actually made the dress! Can't beat that! I'm known as the "cheap" one amongst my friends, but whatever you pay at Vwidon is totally worth it. I don't have enough good things to say about Carla at Vwidon. The entire experience is professional and great. And I love that I can say I supported a local designer, since Carla and Kenneth graduated from the Art Institute of Chicago.

A beautifu and comfortable dress

Reviewed on 10/01/2010 Jennifer T

I wish I could wear my wedding dress everyday! I felt like a princess and Carla helped me make a dress that was perfect for me. The satin Carla uses is so soft and the dress fit perfectly. It was amazing!