Wagner's of Westlake

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

With five well-appointed ballrooms, Wagner's of Westlake, located in the Greater Cleveland area of Westlake, Ohio, offers couples several indoor options for a traditional wedding ceremony and reception. Each space is private without dividing partitions, and acoustically sound so that guests never hear noise from other events taking place at the venue.

is a large space with room for up to 350 guests, and its 26-foot long bar accommodates up to three bartenders. The room's fireplace and lit canopy make the room feel cozy and warm.

features two levels for up to 220 guests to enjoy. A fireplace and bar area comprises the upper level, while the lower level has a beautiful brick accent wall ideal for photographs.

has an all wood floor, centrally located bar and outdoor patio that can accommodate parties of up to 175.

with its open patio is a lovely spot for up to 150 guests.

is a charming intimate setting for smaller parties of up to 125 people.

Wagner's of Westlake offers an all-inclusive pricing structure with no additional room charge. Couples who want to use the facilities longer than five hours must pay an additional fee. The company has a liquor license and is able to stock a variety of spirits for couples who want to offer an open bar for guests.

When possible, couples have access to the ballroom two days before the event, which gives them plenty of time to arrange and decorate the room. The rental fee includes white or ivory table linens along with white china and stem glassware. Colored napkins, chair covers and candle centerpieces are available for an additional fee.

The facility offers a full menu prepared by the executive chefs, and includes a selection of hors d'oeuvres and favorite entrees such as chicken marsala, filet mignon and Atlantic salmon. Couples can choose to offer guests a full dinner or opt for a grand buffet that lets them sample a variety of flavors.

For more than 50 years, Wagner's of Westlake has helped couples start off their lives together by providing a beautiful wedding venue and quality service. In addition to their event services, they slice and serve the wedding cake for dessert and ensure that there is bar service for five hours. Other perks include:

• Security
  • Reduced prices for guests aged 21 and under
  • Skirts for head table and gift table at no extra charge

Creating Memories

Wagner's has been creating memories since 1965. Come see our five beautiful ballrooms, each with a private bar, large dance floor and distinct layout. The Grand and East Ballrooms offer fireplaces and the South and West Ballrooms feature private outside patios. The North Ballroom has an open floor plan and is perfect for a more intimate setting. We offer both sit-down and buffet menus, all prepared in our onsite kitchen the day of your event. Ask about our All-Inclusive Dinner Package, featuring a sit-down dinner and five-hour open bar. Come to our bridal show on Sunday, January 14, 2018 from 11:00a-3:00p and tour our ballrooms, enjoy a food tasting, visit with experienced vendors and win thousands of dollars prizes, including the grand prize of a catered wedding reception.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008

30855 Center Ridge Road, Westlake, OH (440) 871-8800

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Courtney K

I was married at Wagners on 5/20/17. We had our ceremony in one ballroom and our reception in the ballroom across the hall, our bridal party and our guest loved the convenience of everything being at one location. I would like to note that because this is a venue where multiple... Read More events can occur at once we were a bit hesitant at first but I must say had we not known a prom was going on in the other ballrooms the night of our wedding we wouldn't have known. The facility did a good job at separating the building into essentially 2 parts for the prom and my wedding that evening. Also, so many of our guests told us the food, both appetizers and dinner, was some of the best wedding food they had ever had.

2017-06-09T21:40:27 Response from the vendor

Your attention to detail helped us do our part in making your wedding a memorable day for both you and your guests. Many blessings to both of you.

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Andrea B

Wagner's was the perfect place for our wedding. We recently got married this past November. We worked with Mary from the beginning to the end and everything was absolutely perfect. We had our reception in the East Room and it looked amazing. Everything came together exactly... Read More how we had pictured. All the planning was well laid out and put into place with zero issues. We would highly recommend Wagner's!

2017-06-09T21:43:57 Response from the vendor

We appreciate you selecting us for your wedding. You made the East Ballroom feel very warm and welcoming for all to enjoy the evening.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Amanda C

Mary was wonderful! She helped us every step of the way and took care of every detail up until the cocktail hour!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jenna W

Wagner's of Westlake was the perfect venue for our wedding. From the first time we stepped through the doors, their professionalism was astounding. Susan was wonderful showing us the ballrooms and discussing our options with us. We knew after our first meeting with Susan that... Read More we had found our venue. We scheduled another visit with our parents to get their input as well, and Susan and staff were helpful as always answering their questions. The event coordinators were only a call or email away, and they were always happy to answer our questions with their years of knowledge and experience. As our big day came near, we discovered that we would not be available to set our hall the night before, but as always, Susan reassured us that they would be able to set the hall for us for the day of our dreams. We had a meeting to share our vision and centerpieces with the staff, and we were not disappointed. Walking into the Grand Ballroom the day of our wedding was just as I had envisioned. Everything was perfect, the food was fantastic, and the night went perfectly smooth. We can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else. The experience ,and professionalism of all at Wagners is unbeatable, and we would happily hold another event at this venue.

2016-10-31T12:23:37 Response from the vendor

It was a true joy working with you both. It was a special treat getting to see both sets of parents so actively involved. Thanks for being so organized and detailed in your planning. Best wishes, Mary, Nancy and Susan

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Mandy P

Prior to the wedding - every time we told family and friends that our wedding would be at Wagner's, they would say "I've been to a wedding there" and "the food was great!" We felt from the start that Wagner's was very experienced and knew what they were doing. They were very... Read More upfront with their pricing and what we were told was exactly what we were charged. Mary and Susan were very accommodating to our specific needs and requests for our wedding day. Our guests had a great time and enjoyed the beautiful ballroom.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

Susan at Wagner's was a godsend!! Our initial venue double booked our day and we were left without a venue at about 60 days out- talk about panicking!! So while gathering together what was left of our day, I started looking for another venue. I ran across Wagner's and always... Read More remembered them from my sister's high school awards ceremonies and thought hey this might work.... We ended up calling and making an appointment just to go over pricing and my mother and I were so happy with the package and quote we negotiated -we ended up booking the day and leaving a deposit. They worked with us through all of the details and offered great ideas when were just stuck and a little burned out. Weddings are tough!! So Let's forward to the big day- We decided to exchange our vows there as well so as not to make it confusing for our guests having to drive to one place first then another. The ballroom turned out amazing!! perfect venue for our group and a great place to exchange vows, we had more than enough room so it was perfect. Susan was nothing short of a miracle that day helping us get through with our precession, making sure no one interrupted our ceremony and getting us through to the cocktail and app hour Whew!! we made it :) The food on the buffet was absolutely spectacular and going with the chef carved prime rib gave it that extra something we were looking for. Trust me, you cant go wrong with it. After the dinner service, they quickly and quietly tore down the buffet and moved us seamlessly into the next phase- the party!! The its ok we got through it with no major disasters and let your hair down part of the night and it was just perfect!! I cant thank Susan or the staff enough for all of their help and in rescuing our special day they went above and beyond what was expected. So thank you Susan and Wagner's for making our day wonderful for both us and our guests!!!

2016-10-10T09:03:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day. We truly enjoyed working with you as you made us feel like we were part of your family. It was great seeing you pull everything together so beautifully. Best wishes to you.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Melissa M

I would give Wagners 10 stars if I was able to! We had both our ceremony & our reception at Wagners and I was blown away by how amazing they both were! The food was great, the bar had an awesome selection, and everyone at the reception complimented on how beautiful everything... Read More was. Mary & Susan went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding and reception was perfect! Thank you Wagners for making our wedding truly a great night to remember! 💓 Guests loved it, all hired vendors loved it, and we loved everything about it!!

2016-09-03T15:48:19 Response from the vendor

We loved everything about being part of your special day! Come back and celebrate with us again. Many blessings, Mary, Nancy and Susan

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Kaitlin

Wagners venue was perfect for our wedding reception. They were very affordable, flexible and accommodating all the way up to my wedding day and through the reception. Even though the wedding party was running late to arrive to the reception and they had another event to serve,... Read More they still managed to get the food out quickly once we arrived. The bartender was GREAT! My guests said nothing but good things about the bartender and the venue. Everyone had a great time and the food was delicious. I do wish that the lights were able to be dimmed more in the ballroom while guests were dancing - I'm not sure if the lights were unable to be dimmed or if they forgot to dim them. However the lighting didn't seem to stop people from having fun. I highly recommend Wagners!! I looked at a good amount of venues before choosing a place and Wagners definitely seemed the most professional and accommading in the area. The staff is also very nice and easy to work with.

2016-08-30T09:42:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We were happy to see you and your guests having so much fun. We apologize about the lighting as all of our ballrooms' lights can be dimmed. We usually take the lead from the DJ to set the mood... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Theresa a

Wagner's of Westlake was the first and only venue we ever looked at. My husband's parents had their wedding reception at Wagner's and raved about how wonderful it was which is why we decided to go check it our for ourselves. We walked into the grand ballroom and lost our... Read More breaths. It was more beautiful than we could ever have dreamed of. Mary Crawford, along with the rest of the wonderful staff members, went above and beyond to accommodate our wedding. Each and every question we had was promptly answered. We were able to come into the hall early to set up our decor and centerpieces 3 days before the wedding since there was not an event in the grand ballroom. This was very helpful. Mary was there for us answering our questions, and she even helped us drape the shears on our cake table!! Talk about being there for your customers!! Wagner's food was out of this world. We had a buffet dinner with prime rib carving station, chicken marsala, penne pasta with vegetables, roasted potatoes, ambrosia, side salads, and green beans with almonds. The guests marveled at the food along with us! The appetizers, and late night bites were also delectable. Thank you for everything. We are so thrilled to have had our wedding at Wagner's of Westlake and will forever highly recommend this company to everyone that we know!

2016-08-25T19:52:30 Response from the vendor

With our rich history as an event center, we always love welcoming the next generation of brides and grooms. We will be waiting to celebrate your next occasion with you as we had so much fun getting to know you!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016

I had my commitment reception at wagner's. The staff was very helpful.The food and service were excellent. Susan was so helpful to us in planning the room was decorated beautifully.

2016-08-23T11:43:33 Response from the vendor

We loved working with your Mom, sister and you! You did an amazing job planning your special day from your Michigan home.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Stephanie U

Where do I even begin? The staff at Wagner's is nothing shy of amazing. Rooms were very clean, organized and gorgeous. They did not treat us as if we were a couple that needed a wedding venue, they treated us like family and made us feel very special on our special day. Being... Read More a business professional myself, you cannot put a price on this type of quality, professionalism, and attention to detail. There were many things that we were not prepared for that they assisted us with. We will be going to Wagner's for all of our events in the future. If anyone is looking for a wedding venue, look no further. Wagner's is the place!

2016-08-09T13:25:34 Response from the vendor

Doing our part in helping you orchestrate your ceremony and reception was our pleasure as you were great to work with and became part of the WOW family.

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Misty K

We used Wagners for our wedding in June and they completely exceeded our expectations. We recently moved to North Carolina, but our wedding was in Ohio. Susan, Mary, and Nancy all went out of their way to make sure everything would be perfect the night of the wedding. We... Read More received so many compliments on the venue, especially the food! They were around all night to make sure everything went well, and we ended up not having any major issues. Thank you to everyone at Wagner's who made our reception so amazing.

2016-08-06T09:21:57 Response from the vendor

Your attention to detail, plus our 50+ years of experience, made the perfect combination to host your lovely reception.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 JJ S

Susan and the ladies at Wagner's made everything perfect for our Wedding day. The food was great, staff was friendly and helpful, and the bartender was awesome. I can't think of anything negative mention about the room we were in or staff that served us. The only trouble we... Read More ran into was due to an issue nobody could have helped. While the issue forced a room change a couple of weeks before our big day, and could have easily turned into a horror story, the ladies at Wagner's saved the day by offering a larger room and a couple of other perks at no charge. I can only hope that one day one of our many friends decides to get married at Wagner's so we can enjoy the whole place again. I would totally recommend Wagner's of Westlake to ANYONE getting married in Ohio. My wife and I live in Akron and it was well worth the hour drive North for our wedding.

2016-07-18T15:10:05 Response from the vendor

We enjoyed getting to know you both. We appreciated all the work you put into your themed centerpieces and your bridal party's dance was over-the-top fun. Wishing you much happiness. Susan, Mary and Nancy

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Kate B

We had a great experience with wagners! The staff was very friendly and helpful! The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is my vegetarians did not get their meals. Also after dinner the servers were cleaning tables and threw out our guests favors that were on the table while... Read More they were out dancing! Overall everything went off without a hitch!

2016-07-18T15:43:16 Response from the vendor

We enjoyed hosting your reception and appreciate all the work you did to make it a memorable evening for all. We are sorry that your three guests were not served their vegetarian meals as our records show the Chef had prepared these plates. Normally, the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 April F

I had my ceremony and reception at Wagner's and it was the absolute best choice. Susan and Mary were so great and so helpful throughout the entire process. There was a snafu about two weeks before my wedding date where the ballroom we chose had some ceiling damage and we had to... Read More change rooms, but they upgraded up to a much larger room than we'd had originally and even threw in champagne free of charge!Throughout the entire evening Susan was so nice to all of my guests and helped to make sure that everyone was having a good time. I don't think I worried about a single thing the entire day because Susan had it all under control. ALL of their ballrooms are beautiful. My ceremony was in the East ballroom (I'm still swooning over how much I love that room) and reception was in the South (originally the reception was in the West, but it was changed last minute). I could not recommend Wagner's highly enough. So professional and such a beautiful location, and a thousand times more affordable than anywhere else I looked. They stayed in touch with me throughout the entire process. As far as my food and venue went, it was literally the least stressful part of my wedding all thanks to them. THIS is the place to have your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016

From the moment we first met with the staff at Wagner's we found them to be cordial and helpful. We ultimately decided to hod our daughter's wedding and reception in the South Ballroom. We scheduled the event for June 25, 2016. Mary Crawford was our primary contact and... Read More through out the whole process she was more than helpful. When it came to deciding what to have for dinner as well as holding the ceremony at the hall, Mary made some suggestions which we found to be a great addition to the event. We also requested a tasting of the food we wanted to select and they were more than accommodating. The food was great and solidified our choice. As the time grew near the staff kept us on track by reminding us of decisions that needed to be made and deadlines that were approaching. The day of the wedding I, as the father of the bride, was very nervous and the entire staff must have sensed this. They kept checking on me making sure that I was OK and that every thing was progressing to our liking. We had selected the chicken Marsala. We also had two special meals. One for a vegetarian and one for the mother of the groom. There was no problem in fulfilling the request. In addition, while dinner was being served one of the guests requested the chicken be served with no sauce and that request was granted without any problems. Overall I can say that my experience with Wagner's far exceeded my expectations. I can not say enough about how well the staff treated everyone of my guests. I would book another event there without hesitation and I HIGHLY recommend Wagner's to any one thinking about good quality and experienced staff. It is no wonder that Wagner's has won awards from The Knot.

2016-07-11T09:46:26 Response from the vendor

We loved the way you were there every step of the way helping your daughter plan her special day.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Jennifer N

Could not be happier with choosing Wagner's for my reception venue! Mary and Susan and the entire staff were fantastic and easy to work with and true professionals. We chose the Grand Ballroom for our event and it was absolute perfection. Mary and Susan were so helpful leading... Read More up to the big day as well as the day of. The day of, I did not have to worry about a single thing! The room was absolutely beautiful and the food was delicious! (I am still getting rave reviews from friends and family) Everyone was so accommodating in making sure that everything was as wonderful and stress-free as possible...and it was! I highly recommend them! It was truly just perfect!

2016-07-01T10:09:29 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with you and your Mom. Your décor was guava-gorgeous!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Ellen N

We recently held our daughter's wedding reception at Wagner's and we're so glad we did! Mary, Susan, and the entire staff did a wonderful job. They were very helpful during the planning process and throughout the event. They accommodated all our needs and made sure everything... Read More went smoothly. It was a stress-free evening for all of us! The room looked beautiful, the food was great and the staff did an amazing job. I highly recommend Wagner's to anyone planning an event!

2016-08-06T09:24:13 Response from the vendor

You were a pleasure to work with and we hope to see you when you are ready to celebrate another occasion.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Theresa C

Kudos to Susan and the team at Wagner’s of Westlake for helping to make my May 7th wedding reception a stress-free and amazing celebration. From our initial meet-up at Wagner’s, my husband and I were sold on the meal variety and value, the professional and accommodating staff,... Read More as well as Wagner’s longevity in the venue industry. They have been in business for over 50-years, which speaks volumes. Susan was a delight to work with throughout the entire planning process. She was truly interested in making our day a very special and memorable one. Food was piping hot, beautifully plated and absolutely delicious. I strongly recommend Wagner’s.

2016-07-01T10:52:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to travel with you on your journey as an engaged couple to MR. and MRS. Great job on your choreographed dance!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016

I am very pleased with my experience at Wagner's of Westlake! I had my wedding reception there and they made it very easy for me to plan. From start to finish they covered every detail necessary to help make my wedding dreams come true. The wedding coordinator's are all so... Read More friendly to work with. They always made time to meet with me to discuss any wedding planning. You can definitely tell that they know what they are doing when it comes to weddings. The food at the reception was very good and they had options available for vegetarians and gluten free guests. Overall, I had a pleasant experience and would recommend Wagner's to anyone getting married!

Last Minute Venue

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Our wedding ceremony and reception were planned to be outdoors on our property. We had already hired Wagner's to cater our offsite reception. The day before our wedding date we were having inclement weather and our tent company could not safely put the tents up. My husband and I... Read More were left with hours left in the working day to find another alternative. Since we already had our food catered through Wagner's we decided to give them a call to see if they had a room available. Mary was so helpful through the whole process to get our special day planned and set up. We ended up with an absolute beautiful ceremony and reception. All of our guests remarked at how beautiful the location was and how excellent the food is. We really loved the menu we chose and the chef's did a wonderful job preparing the food. It was certainly a day to remember!

Wagner's of Westlake

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Booking was a breeze. We decided right away to do it here. The selection of food is overwhelming, being that there is so much to choose from. The food was amazing and the quality was too. The staff who waited on us was the best of the best and was my favorite of all. They... Read More overworked and did a fantastic job. The elegance that Wagner's displays is top shelf. I had a different venue do the up lighting and the centerpieces etc. There is an abundance of parking here and it is well secure and lit up. The price.... Well we were informed the very first day that there is no charge since they are hosting the food in regards to hall rental. BUT, there was a service charge of almost 500.00 added to the bill.. 18 % service charge. So that IS actually paying for being there.I felt like it was a good choice, regardless of the fee. They monitor the decorating too. When I got the room early, which was very convenient, someone was always checking on me. I felt a little pressure. This is about our life and our future and the money and planning and the memories we were building. Wagner's was a part of that, so this review is about honesty, as all reviews I have submitted are the same. I SAY IT LIKE IT IS. I would definitely hope people who are getting married do consider Wagner's. We were glad we did.

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Michele M

My husband and I were married on September 26, 2015 and had our wedding reception at Wagner's of Westlake. I can not say enough wonderful things about Susan, Mary and all the other staff. Great food, great service, and a beautiful room..thank you for making our day wonderful.

Wonderful venue!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Sandra B

Wagner's was so accommodating and made sure our special day was a huge success. Our coordinator, Susan, was really like a fairy godmother. The staff was friendly and the hall was beautiful. The food tasted amazing! Some of the best food at a wedding I've ever had, and many of my... Read More guests agreed. I would recommend them to anyone planning their wedding.

Wonderful Reception!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Jennifer K

Wagner's was wonderful through the entire planning process! They answered all of our questions promptly and even let us use extra space to take pictures because it was raining outside. I would definitely recommend them!