Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement

Destination Weddings

Ventura, CA Santa Barbara and Ventura (805) 765-2860

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Dionne H

It is hard to put in to words our experience with Waller Weddings. How can we fit in all of the amazingness into one little review? Working with Dustin and Courtney felt more like hanging with family and friends versus a business transaction. They are two of the most genuine,... Read More fun and talented people I have ever worked with. They are the perfect combination of laid back and professional. From the initial email requesting more information to our planning calls, we were never left feeling anything but happy and confident in our decision to have them shoot our Wedding. They even worked with us on special pricing to accommodate a 9 hour day which we greatly appreciated. Flash forward to our Wedding Day. We, of course, were running a little behind schedule and showed up to the venue about 30 minutes late. Dustin and Courtney were already up and running, shooting the details without anyone prompting them or asking them to - which got us right back on track. The whole day felt very natural and the flow was great! They even managed to wrangle up all 156 of our guests for a fantastic group shot in no time at all. That turned out to be our favorite photo! They captured wonderful candid moments and the most beautiful minute details as well. Nothing felt forced and after the bridal party finished our posed shots, they completely blended in with the guests to the point you didn’t even know they were right there with you. The great service continued long after the wedding. We received teaser photos while we were still on our Honeymoon which was amazing and helped tide us over until we received the remaining photos. They were all beautiful and very well done. We received a link to all of the photos via email and later in the mail a fun personalized carved wooden box with a thumb drive in it, accompanied by a super sweet thank you note and a delicious chocolate bar. That was the perfect touch to tie everything together. We have and will continue to happily recommend Waller Wedding Photography to any Bride or Groom to capture their day!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Ali H

After meeting Dustin and Courtney at the SB Wedding Expo, we knew they were going to be the perfect fit for us as our wedding photographers. They are extremely down to earth people with a beautiful talent. Throughout the entire planning process we were connected and they helped... Read More a ton in laying out the day-of game plan. We met with them a few times in person to work through the plan and make sure we were clear on all the little details. On the day of the wedding everything went seamlessly; they fit right in with us and felt like part of the group. We literally didn’t have to worry about a thing; we felt very comfortable during our photo sessions and they were great about keeping our crew together and moving, as you can imagine herding 15+ people isn’t an easy task! During the reception they played a slideshow of photos from earlier in the day which was such a treat! We also used their photobooth, which was a total hoot! Our guests loved it. The turnaround time for the actual pictures was really fast; we have digital rights to everything, and they even sent a sweet box with a USB and other little goodies afterwards. Hands down the Wallers were worth every penny. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Patrick K

On literally one of the most significant days in your life, you owe it to yourself to have it captured by someone who takes a genuine approach and has the creative capacity capture the gravity of your day in the highest form. As a somewhat critical photographer myself, I was... Read More skeptical of wedding photographers in general based on what I had seen in the quality and composition of the photos captured at previous weddings I had attended and seen online. Dustin and Courtney were recommended to us by a friend, and after meeting them for the first time and viewing their portfolio and getting to know them over a cup of coffee, it was an easy decision to select them as our photographers for our October 2016 wedding. I’ll admit that I’m not the most comfortable when it comes to striking a pose in front of the camera, but they really made it easy for my wife and I to look our best, (graciously letting me know to suck my belly pooch in a little bit) and really took the stress off that aspect of our day. After receiving access to our final photos, we were completely floored. My wife and I had never had such great photos of ourselves. The composition and exposure were perfect, and they captured all the right moments. I regard these images as some of the best investments of our lives. Please save yourself some trouble and book Dustin and Courtney if you can. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Jered F

Dustin and Courtney Waller were a complete photag dream team!! They were able to capture our most important memories in such a professional and yet still personal way. I couldn't be more impressed. My wife and I feel blessed to have met them and thier beautiful children. I... Read More Hilghly recommend you do yourself a favor and book them asap!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Taylor D

We wanted timeless memories and that is exactly what we got.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017

My husband and I were beyond pleased with our decision to hire Waller Weddings to do our engagement and wedding day photos! They over exceeded our expectations with their wonderful personalities and amazing photography skills. They captured all the right moments! They interacted... Read More with us, our wedding party, family, and friends in such a fun way that they seemed like they fit right in. The way they conducted themselves was the perfect combination of casual and professional. It assured me that they knew what they were doing, but their casual demeanor didn't add any extra stress into our day. They helped to keep us on time without making us feel rushed. The day went by so quickly, and every time I look back at the photos from that day, I get to reminisce about all the wonderful moments that flew by. Dustin and Courtney are super easy to work with! They are always available for questions. They are very accommodating, and even helped get our wedding party to the venue by driving some of us in their mini-van! They will go above and beyond to make your day amazing and you will get spectacular photos to cherish forever!

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Lauren P

The Wallers exceeded any hopes or expectations we had for our engagement and wedding photos. I could've never predicted how fast the wedding day flies by, and yet when we look back at the pictures, we feel as if we get to experience it all over again in slow motion. They... Read More captured the big moments, the small and intimate moments, the hilarious moments, the special hugs and looks, and we couldn't be more grateful for their passion and talent for what they do. It really shows in their work. They're also incredibly fun to work with. They've become friends throughout the process and made us feel so comfortable. We wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Jeff N

We were quite privileged to have Dustin & Courtney as our wedding photographers. Right from the initial phone call with Dustin, I knew they were going to be incredible to work with. We had a very specific budget that limited our options, but they worked with us to find the... Read More right 'package' for what we hoped to get. They were incredibly accommodating and helpful, but most of all they were fun to work with. I wanted to be as hands-off as possible on our wedding day and leave them be and they couldn't have been more dependable. 'Let the professionals be professionals' was my mindset. It goes without saying they were professional, but what I enjoyed most about them was that we didn't worry about a single thing. Dustin and Courtney took care of everything and I trusted them completely to get what they needed and what we wanted, so both me and my bride-to-be could focus on enjoy our wedding day. I regarded them not only as great photographers, but as welcomed guests to our wedding. Thanks a MILLION Dustin and Courtney!!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Natalie M

My husband and I got married on June 26th, 2016 at Gerry Ranch in Camarillo. We came across Waller Weddings as they had previously photographed weddings at our venue. Prior to finding Dustin and Courtney, we had an awful engagement photo-shoot experience, so we knew exactly what... Read More we did not want in a photographer for our wedding. Even though we knew what we did not want in a photographer, we still had no idea what we wanted. Once we met with Dustin, we knew he was the one we wanted to capture our wedding day. He was so extremely down-to-earth, listened to our concerns about our engagement photo-shoot, and listened to everything we had to say and made us feel beyond comfortable. Throughout the process Dustin and Courtney were always available, worked with our day-of-coordinator’s timeline and always touched base to make sure they knew the specific shots of the day that we wanted. On the day of they were everything we could have ever asked for and more. They made everyone feel completely comfortable, captured amazing shots without anything being forced or ‘posed’ (which is what we hated from our engagement shoot). We really felt like we were hanging out with more of our friends who just happened to be holding cameras, capturing all of the amazing, important moments. All of our family and friends commented on how awesome our photographers were, how stealthy Dustin is, and how they did not stick out like sore thumbs or make the wedding all about the photos than the experience. On the day of they even provided us with a massive stack of printed teasers! We have no idea how they pulled that one off but really made such a difference and made driving home the day after our wedding that much better because we had those to look through already! After going through all of our photos (provided to us within a month), and after we thought our experience could not get better, they blew us away again. The photos could not have been more perfect. We are beyond thankful and are recommending Dustin and Courtney to all of our newly engaged friends and family. If you are looking for an amazing duo whom genuinely cares about your wedding day experience and capturing it all at the same time, these are the photographers for you!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Becca D

The Wallers were incredible! They were so fun and comfortable to work with on the day of the wedding and even in the logistics leading up to the wedding. By the end of the day, we were good friends! Got the pictures back in a timely manner and they were perfect! You can't go... Read More wrong with these guys!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Melinda E

Dustin and Courtney were an absolute joy to work with and they truly are artists! Worth every penny and more.

AMAZING WALLERS!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Mackenna R

My husband and I truly cannot say enough great things about Dustin and Courtney Waller. We met the Wallers nearly a year before our wedding at a cafe and just and talked ideas for over an hour. In addition to being extremely professional, they were personable and "real" and just... Read More a pleasure to work with! Throughout our planning process, Dustin and Courtney answered every question we had and were extremely meticulous about planning our preferred photo list. On wedding day, they went above and beyond to make the entire bridal party comfortable and created a fun and easy going atmosphere (which the groomsmen especially appreciated). The two traveled from various venues throughout the day to make sure they captured every aspect of our wedding day. Now that we have seen the pictures, we LOVE them even more! Our pictures are incredible and each time we look through them we relive the genuine happiness we felt that day. We would hire Dustin and Courtney over and over and have already talked about how we plan to hire them for events in the future. THANK YOU Wallers for capturing the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Mami S

We can't recommend them highly enough. We were organizing everything from Japan and not doing a very good job of it. Dustin managed to coordinate all our ideas and take fantastic pictures of everything too. Thanks to them we have a beautiful record of our most special day. It... Read More is something we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Waller of Love!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

We're so glad to have caught Dustin & Courtney in October 2014 (a year before our wedding) on our way out of a small wedding showcase in Santa Barbara. They're warm, genuine and their work is beautiful. We booked them right away, even tho we won a $300 discount from another... Read More photographer. We met with Dustin at our wedding venue (Cold Spring Tavern) a month before our wedding day and it felt more like hanging out with an old friend than meeting a vendor. Dustin helped us with our timeline for the day, which we were clueless about! On our wedding day, Dustin and Courtney came on time and blended in with our family and friends right away. We felt super comfortable with them the entire time and trust me, my husband and I are camera shy introverts. They even took us on a mini adventure before our ceremony for some awesome outdoor photo ops. They stayed the entire night of our wedding reception and afterwards, friends came up to tell us that they enjoyed meeting and talking to Dustin and Courtney. We'd get married all of over again just to hang out with them, one of the sweetest, humble people we've met. Can't wait to see our pics, which we're certain will be just as awesome as they are. Waller Weddings FTW!

Waller Weddings

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Hannah G

Dustin and his wife Courtney were absolutely wonderful photographers for our wedding day. From the very beginning I knew it was a good fit, because they were professional but friendly and comfortable. My husband and I felt so relaxed during the photos at the wedding, because... Read More Dustin and Courtney made everything feel so natural and authentic! They are a wonderful couple and I would highly recommend them as photographers for any big event. Our pictures came out beautifully and I believe the price of their service was an excellent value. Thanks Waller Weddings! -The Leonards

One-of-a-kind

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Emily H

I can't imagine our wedding without the one-of-a-kind team of Dustin and Courtney Waller. They were worth every penny, and more. We can't recommend them enough. Their pictures make our big day look even more magical than I remember it being. Every emotion was captured. The... Read More shots they took were so inventive, and the attitude they brought to our wedding day was fun and professional. By the time the day was over, I felt like they were part of our wedding party. We hung our wedding photos all over the house. We've had so many compliments. They make me wish I could get married all over again (and work with them one more time)!

The most unbelievable find!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

We met Dustin and Courtney at a bridal show in Santa Barbara. There were photographers EVERYWHERE. We were pretty frustrated and discouraged. Their photos looked fine, but there wasn't a real connection with the photographer(s). Then we stumbled upon the Wallers. Right... Read More away I could tell their style was above and beyond the others. The emotion the couples were feeling in their photographs was very obvious and translated so well in the pictures. The set ups, angles, and use of lighting were super clever, so right away we wanted to check out more of their work. While the other photographers were making hard sales; telling us about all their experience, who they shot, how good they were (blah, blah, blah), Dustin and Courtney gave us a lot of space and humbly let their craft do the talking. We immediately knew we had to do whatever we could to book these two. We were certain we wouldn't be able to afford them, but when they gave us their qoute, we were floored. The value was right in our sweet spot. We pounced like a couple of starving lions. Moreover, than the ease of choosing them was their availability to us. They checked in with us at the right times and helped organize our thinking so we could make the best of the experience. It's so easy to feel overwhelmed with so much going on in the last few weeks and days leading up to the wedding. Knowing that we had a smart, hip duo with a keen eye and fantastic organization working with us let us breathe a sigh of relief. The day of the wedding went as smooth as silk. We opted to do a "first glance" pic at a spot they had never been to. They were so clutch. In minutes they had the placed scouted to capture this very important shot. If I could load those pics up into this review, I would. They're classics our kids and grandkids will love to see. The rest of the night was SO MUCH FUN!! Courtney and Dustin stayed as long as they could and captured incredible moments with friends and family. They were always at the right spot, at the right time. They gave us free range to pull them over in an instant to grab any pic. By the end of the night, my tie was wrapped around my forehead and Dustin was right there to snap it!! Two things happened in that season with the Wallers. One, we were blessed to have the absolute best wedding photographers around to capture our moment. Two, we became friends - and not the type of "friends" you check in with from time to time on Facebook. Real friends. Stop your search and make your appointment to meet these two special people. You will not be dissapointed.

Amazing Job

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

Dustin and Courtney did an absolutely amazing job photographing the day of our wedding. From the beginning they were very professional and prompt answering any questions we had. The day of they showed up at the time we planned for them to be there. While I was getting ready with... Read More my mom and the girls I did not even notice Courtney in the room. The whole day they just blended in and were not intrusive at all. Their pictures captured the whole day and told the story from beginning until the end. They are both so much fun and helped the whole posed picture process flow smoothly. They were able to make it more relaxing than stressful and I knew that they would capture all the pictures that I wanted. By the next day they had already sent us about 50 teasers! While opening gifts with family and friends we were able to look at the pictures and remember the day all over again! We got the rest of our pictures within a month and there are so many stunning pictures it has been hard deciding which ones to print!

Amazing Wedding Photographers!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

To me, one of the most difficult parts in planning a wedding is choosing your vendors. If you don't know someone who knows someone or have a referral, you're left to scavenge and sort through all the reviews online. Even then, how do you which vendor is the right fit for you?... Read More The wedding gods were smiling down on us when we came across Waller Wedding Photography. Their website drew me in, reflecting creativity and family values (with photos of their babies, awe!) We set up a phone interview with Dustin and ended up chatting for almost an hour! Usually the grooms are not as involved in the planning process, but my husband said right then and there we needed to hire Dustin and Courtney before someone scooped up our wedding date. When we met Dustin in person to go over details, he was warm, laid back, and down to earth. Exactly what we wanted ☺ Dustin and Courtney were very fun and easy to work with. Our family and wedding party who were involved with photos loved how funny Dustin was. We even had recently married couples tell us they wish they had Dustin and Courtney as their photographers. After the wedding hustle and bustle, the USB with our final photos came in an amazing and thoughtful package. We would recommend Waller Wedding Photography over and over again! Dustin and Courtney, thank you for capturing our special day so we may remember each moment!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Brittany C

My husband and I highly recommend Dustin and Courtney Waller for wedding photography. We were originally introduced to the Wallers from a recommendation from a friend who had them photograph her wedding. At first we were hesitant because the Wallers were out of our price... Read More range. After meeting with them and seeing their photographs on their website, we decided to splurge. My husband and I agree that they were worth every penny! Dustin and Courtney are a great couple to work with. When it forecasted rain on our engagement shoot we were able to push it back a day, which was closer to Courtney's baby due date. Dustin did a FANTASTIC job at multiple locations despite keeping an ear out for his phone informing him that Courtney had gone into labor. His intuition was spot on as she ended up going into labor the next day! The day of the wedding the Waller's were very easy going. Throughout the ceremony and reception my husband and I didn't notice them as they seamlessly took photos as we remained enjoying ourselves in the present moment. When we did more staged photoshoots (bride/groom, family, bridal party) we felt they put us at ease in front of the camera. Typically I get really shy when taking photos but the day of the wedding I felt like I could just be myself and the photos reflected that. The photos came out amazing and my husband and I will cherish them for a lifetime!!! Without any reservations we recommend the Wallers!!!

The BEST Wedding Photographers

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Rebecca O

Dustin & Courtney are hands down the best wedding photographers out there. When we had to move our wedding date up by six months, they still made it work and sacrificed their own wedding anniversary in the process. The best part about these two is not only are they incredibly... Read More gifted photographers, they are also the most sincere and laid-back couple you will find. We love everything about the treasures they created for us and would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a high-quality and enjoyable experience!

In one word - AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Katie M

In one word, our experience with Dustin was AMAZING! From start to finish, Dustin was so easy to work with. As soon as we had met with him, Dustin put my mind at ease about our choice of photographer! His experience and ability to relate to both my husband and I on a personal... Read More level helped me have one less thing to worry about on our wedding day. Dustin was extremely professional but still much fun to work with! He asked for our personal input but guided us with his expertise. We had such a great time discussing the wedding day photos with Dustin that even my husband, who dreaded the photography part of our wedding, looked forward to the experience. On the day of the ceremony, Dustin was great at corralling the family (and with my large family this was no easy task!) During the shoot with just my husband and I, Dustin used his creativity to capture beautiful moments that were both artistic and emotional. He kept us laughing and enjoying the moment. There ended up being so many amazing photos that it will be a hard task to narrow down what I'll be putting into an album! We couldn't be happier for having found Dustin - he made our wedding day a truly wonderful experience and gave us a lifetime of memories!

Exceptional Engagment Shoot

Reviewed on 5/29/2015

Dustin Waller is the real deal. He came as a recommendation from a friend (he shot their wedding), so my fiance and I decided to connect with him for an engagement photo session. From the moment we met him over Skype to the correspondance we've had with him since the... Read More photoshoot, he's been nothing short of friendly, professional, and responsive. It doesn't hurt that he's a darn good photographer on top of all that. He's been more than prompt with his appointments as well as deliverables. His selection of shoot location was perfect. His attitude and demeanor the day-of was fantastic. Very fun to work with - my fiance and I both felt very comfortable posing for pictures (which we normally don't!). Our pictures turned out incredibly. We're both very happy with the results. I don't think my fiance and I could have found better value for our money. The only "minus" is that he's so far away from where we live... I suppose we'll just have to make our next set of photo needs in Santa Barbara or get him to come out to us :) 5/5 - would work with again!

Burke Wedding-Santa Barbara, Ca

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Courtney S

We can not say enough for Dustin/Courtney and their team! From the second we met with them for coffee, to our engagement session, and finally the wedding, they blew us away. Dustin was so professional yet it felt like he was an old friend who you got to laugh with while he just... Read More happened to take GORGEOUS photos. Dustin has a background of shooting high fashion, and he can transform even the the most simple look and moment into something glamorous. Not only did we love and have a blast with the Waller Wedding team, we had countless compliments from our family, friends and all the other vendors. They made our day even more special than we could have dreamed up. Anyone looking for someone who can capture every moment and turn it into something beautiful; choosing Waller Weddings for your special day would be the best place to start. We wish we could do it all over again, just so we could work with Dustin! -The Burkes

2015-03-11T12:16:30 Response from the vendor

I can not say enough about you guys and your family!! Our team LOVED being there and being a part of your day! So much love among your friends and family! It was our honor to be there! Can not WAIT to show you all... Read Less Read More

Perfection

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

From the first email to Dustin & Courtney to the delivery of the final photos, not one thing could have possibly gone any better. The Wallers exude professionalism while ensuring a fun and relaxed atmosphere. The plenitude of photos were delivered very quickly (as promised) and... Read More in a very nicely packaged box of personalized goodies. The photos were beautifully shot by both Dustin and Courtney and exquisitely processed; the shots perfectly captured the essence of the venue and time of year. We were both endlessly thrilled with the whole process. There's so much to worry about when planning a wedding. If you choose Waller Weddings, you simply don't have to worry.