Modern photography inspired by art

WASIO's work has been strongly influenced by European art Most importantly though, we have an absolute love for people in love that we express through our work. The foundation is the personal and fun relationship with every couple mixed with our creativity and photographic excellence.

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Online Proofing

3318 W. Wilson, Chicago, IL

LOVE Wasio Photography - a great experience all around

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Lynn R

WASIO photographed my wedding this June in Chicago - they are amazing and could not have done a better job. A lot of my friends have already gotten married - so I took recommendations from them for all of my vendors - except my photographers. I read about WASIO on the knot and... Read More after meeting them in person, I knew they were exactly what I wanted for my wedding. Their pictures were absolutely beautiful and I loved the way that they were able to capture special moments from a couples wedding day. They were extremely flexible and even trekked downtown to our rehearsal dinner for an hour to get some group shots. The one thing that I did not appreciate when I hired WASIO is how important it is to be able to feel comfortable with your photographers and to be able to have fun with them. When you think about it, they spend more time with you on your wedding day than anyone else and are there for all your special moments!! Yaneck and Sasha are so easy to get along with and I have to say - the least stressful of all my wedding vendors. Sasha even entertained the flower girl while I was taking my pictures!! I cannot say enough good things about these guys - the pictures turned out amazing and I know I will be looking at them forever.

Wasio is awesome!

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Kelly G

We looked at a few photographers to meet with and Yaneck stood out among all of them. We looked at his work and loved it. We read his reviews and saw that everyone loved him. He is very personable and fun to work with. Yaneck and Sasha make a great team. They are fun, yet... Read More professional. I felt very comfortable getting to know him in the engagement session and by the time the wedding came around they became friends. Yaneck was more than accomadating in our engagement session, (where we had multiple outfit changes). Our family and friends still rave about our save the date magnets, we highly recommend them as Yaneck does awesome design work. Some of our favorite engagement photos were different ideas that Yaneck suggested. As for the wedding day, Yaneck, Sasha, and Andrew were all on time and very personable with our guests. We couldn't be happier with how the day went. It was pretty chilly outside and he knew what shots to do, and was able to make it painless for the entire bridal party. Yaneck went out of his way to capture all the important moments of our day--he even stayed later into the night to accomplish this. Yaneck has a great vision and we can't wait to see the rest of our wedding pictures.

WASIO photography is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Matt B

My wife and I looked at several photographers and Yaneck stood out among all of them. We looked at his work and loved it. We read his reviews and saw that everyone loved him. He is very personable and fun to work with. Yaneck and Sasha make a great team. They are fun, yet... Read More professional. I felt very comfortable getting to know him in the engagement session and by the time the wedding came around they became friends. Yaneck was more than accomadating in our engagement session (we had multiple outfit changes). Our family and friends still rave about our save the date magnets, we highly recommend them as Yaneck does awesome design work. Some of our favorite engagement photos were different ideas that Yaneck suggested. As for the wedding day, Yaneck, Sasha, and Andrew were all on time and very personable with our guests. We couldn't be happier with how the day went. It was pretty chilly outside and he knew what shots to do, and was able to make it painless for the entire bridal party. Yaneck went out of his way to capture all the important moments of our day--he even stayed later into the night to accomplish this. We HIGHLY recommend Yaneck and Sasha! You will not regret your decision to hire them! They're AWESOME and truly talented.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 3/10/2015 Carrie C

My husband and I got married this New Years Eve and I could not have imagined having anyone else photograph our day. Yaneck and Sasha were personable and fun while also remaining professional and delivering beautiful photographs. They listened to what we wanted while also being... Read More creative and bringing their own ideas to the table. Our photographs are absolutely stunning-- they are an incredible team! I would highly suggest doing an engagement session with Wasio prior to any wedding as well. It helped us get to know their style and their personalities, which made posing for pictures a lot easier on the big day. Plus it was fun :) Yaneck and Sasha made it easy for us to use those proofs for our save the date card as well as little details around the reception. I cannot speak more highly of Wasio. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for spectacular, creative, and fun photos. Thanks again, guys!!

WASIO PHOTOGRAPHY IS EXCELLENT !!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Annie P

We got married on July 13,2014 in the SOFITEL hotel chicago.We had the honor of WASIO photographer our wedding. We were looking for a very unique and talented photographers.when we met Sasha and Yaneck they went above and beyond our expectations. They are very PROFESSIONAL... Read More that they have a beautiful studio showing all their work they have done.Also Sasha's candles makes the studio smell GORGEOUS !!!. We don't have enough words to describe how our ENGAGEMENT PICTURES turned out.I would like to say that when we sent our save the date with our engagement pictures on it everyone was impressed of how INCREDIBLE our pictures appeared. Our wedding day was AMAZING !!!! On the day Yaneck and Sasha came to our wedding say earlier than we were expecting. Yaneck and Sasha helped us to pose during our wedding day.They capture the most incredible moments that will stay with us FOREVER !!!! I would like to thank Sasha for holding my bouquet while Yaneck was taking pictures of us and not only that for your beautiful words you said to me on our wedding day Sasha and Yaneck are very passionate photographers THEY LOVE WHAT THEY DO !!! They know how to take GORGEOUS PICTURES !!! They are very professional and fun couple Please don't hesitate to hire them !!!! You won't regret it It was an HONOR to have WASIO as our photographers Thank you WASIO !!!!!!!!!!

Wasio is the BEST!!!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Paul T

Do not look at another photographer!!!! If you are looking for amazing pictures for your wedding, or really any event, Yaneck is the photographer you want. I got married to my beautiful wife this past May in downtown Chicago at Pazzo's on 311 and choosing Wasio studios was one... Read More of our best decisions. From our perspective, the 2 most important things that we put a lot of emphasis on is the venue and the photographer that we choose. Just to level-set, I am very detail oriented and definitely the type to shop around before I make my final decision. So for a photographer, We met and interviewed 12 different photographer/photographer groups and without a doubt Wasio was the photographer for us. Yaneck has an amazing eye for what will look great in pictures and was so patient with me as he instructed me through every pose (unfortunately, I am not a natural cover model). When looking for a photographer I was very critical of how creatively the photographer used light to enhance their pictures. The combo of Yaneck and Sasha was a perfect pairing for composing the picture and the lighting that was required. For our engagement session we decided to go to 2 different locations, First, we dragged both Yaneck and Sasha into the sub-zero downtown weather during the middle of Jan-Feb to shoot our photos at the Lakeshore East Dog Park with our two dogs. For our second location we walked over to the Chicago Cultural Center. For both locations, Yaneck and Sasha were amazing. They were very accommodating and were really fun to work with. Yaneck has a genuine passion for photography and it really came out during our engagement session and all the extra time he spent with us. Needless to say our engagement photos were AMAZING. We could not have asked for anything more. For our wedding, Yaneck and Sasha actually came to our wedding venue prior to our agreed time to survey the space and envision potential photo opportunities. To me, this was a sign of a true artist and a photographer that is willing to go above and beyond. They were very flexible and professional. All of our guest loved them as we got numerous compliments about our photographer. We went to the Chicago Board of Trade and then by the Wrigley building to take pictures on a Saturday afternoon on Memorial day weekend and they were able to take phenomenal pictures with everything going on (For those of you that are not aware holiday weekends in downtown chicago is insane and a huge tourist trap). Our ceremony pictures were great along with the reception pictures. Even better we were also able to briefly step away from the reception to take several night shots in the city. Overall, Wasio Studios (Yaneck & Sasha) is what I consider the Perfect Storm. They are crazy talented. They know how to take great pictures. They are super creative (good creative not weird creative). They are super flexible and accommodating. But the best part of the duo is that they made the whole experience fun and rewarding. They were so fun to work with that we would consider them more friends than just our photographer. As for our wedding photos, they are jaw-dropping amazing.We get compliment on our pictures all the time along with the comment "We didn't even know wedding pictures can look like this" and "These look like magazine pictures" So again if you want no regrets, great wedding pictures, and to work with a photography duo that you can consider friends. Wasio is the obvious choice.

Fun and Personal

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Scott E

Yaneck and Sasha are such a great duo to have take your pictures for your wedding day. They make the engagement session fun and personal and carry that through the wedding day and post wedding sessions. We had such a great time getting to know them as people and their work... Read More speaks for itself. We're just excited to continue to use them for our yearly session for life which was part of our package!

Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Lisa S

Wasio photography did our engagement and wedding photos. Not only did we love it, but our friends and family did as well! I learned you spend quite a bit of time with the photographer, so you want to do it with someone you are comfortable with. With Wasio it was so much fun.... Read More Yanek is quite the perfectionist, and Sasha is just hilarious. This made the pictures perfect. I can be very awkward in front of the camera. But they made us forget we where even taking pictures. It felt like we where just having fun! I would recommend them to anyone who needed a photographer.

Best Photographers

Reviewed on 9/23/2014

There aren't enough words to describe the amazing job that Yaneck and Sasha did for us during our engagement session and wedding day! Every picture came out absolutely stunning with such fine detail. Yaneck is amazing at picturing the lighting and viewpoints to create truly... Read More artistic and wonderful pictures. They both made the experience of getting pictures taken fun and relaxing. They were very easy to be around, talk to, and laugh with every time we were together. I highly recommend Yaneck and Sasha for any of your picture needs. They do an unbelievable job from start to finish and I am so happy with the results of the work they have done with us.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 8/11/2014

We chose WASIO after experiencing them first hand at a prior wedding. Having done photography, weddings included, for a number of years myself I had high expectations for the person I was going to trust to capture our wedding day. I knew I didn’t want to deal with a giant... Read More photography company that contracted out all their photographers to take cookie cutter photos that might look just fine but would be indistinguishable from any other wedding shoot. Yaneck and Sasha are fun but professional, prepared and produce beautiful shots. Prior to the wedding we met with them and took a walk around the event location then chatted more about the feel we were looking for. They took all that in and delivered a personalized experience for us. All the little things that made our wedding unique were captured for us to remember. Their checklist of items and timeline asked for more details than I think the onsite wedding planner had asked. This wasn't a bad thing; it actually made us realize a couple times that we didn't account for enough time in certain places. They also provided us with some realistic times things take to do. I would say WASIO met and exceeded all of our expectations without question.

Excellent quality, extremely professional and overall outstanding

Reviewed on 2/07/2014

WASIO comes highly recommended. Our wedding was November 30, 2013 and we found WASIO through the preferred vendor list at the restaurant we rented out for our wedding. From our first meeting with Yaneck and Sasha we felt that they would be able to capture all of the special... Read More moments of our wedding and they did! They took photos of the scenery, members of our families, and all the important things that we would have never thought of. Also, the requested that we complete a timeline of our wedding to allow them the information as to what we were planning, who was involved and the time. They didn't miss a thing and if you want a worry free, high quality professional photographer then you must have WASIO as your photographer!

WASIO is fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Caitlin M

Yaneck and Sasha with WASIO Photography are fantastic! I met with a couple of photographers and made the easy decision to go with WASIO. Yaneck and Sasha are so friendly and fun - they make everything comfortable. My mom is still laughing about when Sasha told her to "work... Read More it" during our family photos on wedding day. :) The entire process went incredibly seamlessly with WASIO. We chose to have engagement photos done before the wedding which I totally recommend. It was a great opportunity for us to get comfortable in front of the camera and really learn which angles worked best for us photo-wise. Yaneck and Sasha really go above and beyond to make sure that everything will be perfect. They met me on a random weeknight just to look at potential "first look" locations. I thought it was super friendly of them considering they got nothing in return for this. And oh my gosh the pictures are amazing! All of the photos look fantastic - our families can't get enough of them. They really captured everything and more that we wanted them to during our wedding. I would and will recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone looking for amazing wedding photos.

Best Ever!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Jenny M

Yaneck and Sasha are literally the best people to have take your photos! They are personable, funny and amazing to work with. They made our engagement session and our whole wedding day a blast. They are dependable, on time, and provide an experience like none other. You cannot... Read More go wrong with Yaneck and Sasha!

Wedding photographer

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Natalia F

Wasio photography was amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our wedding day! Yaneck and Sasha make an incredible team. They are very energetic, happy, kind and professional at the same time. On our wedding day I remember sitting by a window... Read More getting my makeup done and looking out and seeing Yaneck and Sasha were in front of the house earlier than we had planned. We are very pleased with their service and all the work they put in to capture every moment. We have beautiful engagement and wedding photos! Every time I look at the photos it puts a big smile on my face. Yaneck and Sasha did a Great job on capturing all the special moments in our big day!

WASIO Photography - Amazing, beautiful photos!!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

The team at WASIO photography went above and beyond anything we hoped a wedding photographer would bring to our event. Yaneck and Sasha took the time to get to know us in the months leading up to event, and they felt like old friends by the day of the ceremony and reception.... Read More WASIO photography drove from Chicago to Louisville, KY to shoot our engagement session, a sign of their dedication to their profession. The pictures turned out great and we couldn't wait for the wedding day. On the wedding day, the team of photographers made us feel so relaxed and comfortable the whole time. Our family and friends can't stop commenting on how much fun the photographers were to have around throughout the day! We just received our proofs, and all of the pictures turned out great! Their attention to detail and passion for their work is displayed in each and every photo. What an excellent team of photographers (and a beautiful couple!)! My wife and I would definitely give WASIO photography the highest of recommendations for any couple looking for the perfect wedding photographers! Their work truly does tell a story in every photo!

Amazing photography team

Reviewed on 9/30/2013

Wasio photography really went above and beyond at all stages, from our first meeting, through the engagement photos and the wedding day. Even our guests loved them immediately!

Best decision we made.

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Tanya K

Yaneck and Sasha were exactly what we were looking for. True artists who can provide that personal touch. We were blown away by the amount of personal attention we received throughout the entire process and the pictures turned out better than we could have imagined. Our photos... Read More are truly wall-worthy art and we could not be happier with our decision to choose Wasio for our wedding photographer.

They will make your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Meagen L

Wasio Photography was absolutely incredible!!! From our initial yet very personable consultation to their incredible charismatic personalities. My husband and I can not even begin to cover all the wonderful aspects of their work. Yaneck and Sasha were wonderful in their... Read More correspondence and we always received responses within a few hours. As a bride planning her wedding that was very helpful. They are both the most caring people who take the time to get to know you and truly care about you. The entire planning process went incredibly smooth. By the time our wedding came and they showed up to take pictures we felt like they were our old friends who we were ecstatic to see. All of our family and friends instantly adored them as well. This made the pictures turn out so natural. As Yaneck was taking pictures he would show us a few and my husband and I were literally taken back by the beauty and talent each one possessed. We have our meeting set up to meet with Yaneck and Sasha to view all of the pictures and we know they will be beautiful and better than we could have ever imagined. They are truly the best!

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 9/03/2013

Getting married is such an exciting time in peoples lives. When we got engaged, we were overwhelmed with all of the different options there were for wedding vendors. We wanted everything on our wedding day to be perfect and wanted to have no worries. We greatly value photography... Read More and photographs are one of the greatest recorded memories one can have from their wedding day. When we met with WASIO photography it was an instant connection. Not only is there work filled with so much passion and dedication, but they are a very fun and relatable couple. For our engagement session, we were a bit camera shy but they gave us great pointers and made us feel very comfortable. Our engagement session was truly about us enjoying our selves and having a great time. After our wedding, we got our photos unexpectedly fast. We love our photos so much and enjoy looking at them over and over again. All of our friends and family love our photos too. We can and do recommend wasio photography to anyone who asks about our photos.

The best!!

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Jessie N

Yaneck and Sasha from Wasio photography truly did the most amazing job photographing my wedding in October 2012 (and also engagement pics). They took the to get to know us as a couple and that is what is so special and unique about Wasio. They love what they do and it shows! I... Read More was recommended by a family friend who used them for their wedding and it was the best decision I could have made! My photos are gorgeous and even more amazing than I could have imagined! They were so fun and such a pleasure to work with and I could not imagine my wedding experience without them!!!

Exceptional

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Andrea B

Jan and Sasha from Wasio Photography were wonderful and attended to every detail to ensure beautiful photos. We have received tons of complements on our engagement and wedding photos. We were also very happy with the turn around time, because it was a wonderful surprise to see... Read More our photos after getting back from our honeymoon.

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Jae L

My fiancé and I were looking for a unique and talented photographer for our wedding day and we are very happy we picked Wasio Photography. Yaneck and Sasha were both very professional but also personable which made it easy to feel relaxed and at ease during the engagement shoot... Read More and on the wedding day. Yaneck has an eye for unique and interesting angles while shooting which gives the photos a natural elegance while at the same time seeming less framed and more spontaneous. Sasha is amazing at helping everyone feel excited and at ease (she is a master at off the cuff jokes), and her jovial personality causes people to smile while laughing instead of the normal fake smile. This truly is one of the best qualities in all the photos as the entire wedding party looks genuinely happy. Yaneck and Sasha made us feel like we were friends rather than clients and their passion for wedding photography is obvious. We recommend Wasio photography to everyone!

Awesome wedding photographer

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Natalie C

One of the best decisions my fiancé and I made was choosing Wasio Photography for our wedding day! Yaneck and Sasha took amazing photos and really helped make our day feel special right from the start! All four of us had so much fun during the engagement shoot and gave us a... Read More chance to get to know one another so on the wedding day we seemed like old friends. Both of them showed up at least an hour early on the wedding and blended in perfectly, taking photos while us girls were getting glamoured up. Yaneck occasionally suggests very subtly to people ways to stand and move but at the same time allows them to act natural, and all the while Sasha is cracking her jokes and making everyone feel right at home. The resulting photos look non-staged with naturally smiling people! This really is a hard combination to get! Our final pictures are everything I hoped for and more, and I look forward to pulling out my wedding album in future years and looking with great pride at our perfectly captured moments. We had so much fun with Yaneck and Sasha through the entire process, and would highly recommend Wasio Photography for all wedding couples!

More Than Just A Friend

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 Runa M

I've known Yaneck for over a decade. I share his love for photography (but not his skills) so I have been following and supporting his photographic endeavors over the years. I had once, somewhat jokingly, told him that if I ever got married, I wanted him to take our photos. I... Read More recommended him for my step-sister’s wedding and we were all very impressed with his work. A couple of years later after I got engaged, there was no doubt in my mind that I would ask Yaneck to photograph our wedding – not just for the beautiful photographs he takes, but also because of the passion he has for what he does, his technical skills, and the way he interacts with each of his clients with the utmost professionalism and genuine care about their big day. To be honest, we (I) changed our wedding day from July 14, 2012 to July 7, 2012 solely because Yaneck was unavailable that weekend. And we also chose Yosemite Park, described to me as one of the most beautiful places in the world, because I wanted to use Yaneck’s skills to the max. The photos came out beautiful and the photo shoot was creative and unique. We've had so many glowing compliments on our photos and I am thrilled that we had Yaneck photograph our big day. We kept the wedding small, but I wanted fabulous pictures to cherish for the rest of our lives. I would recommend Wasio Photography, hands down, not just because Yaneck is a great friend, but also because both my husband and I are 110% thrilled with the output and the experience. Thank you Wasio Photography, for providing us with wonderful memories that will stay with us forever!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Stephanie Z

We hired Yaneck of Wasio Photography for our June 2nd wedding because it was not only talent to take beautiful pictures that we were looking for in a photographer but also professionalism, personality and compassion. Yaneck has all of these qualities and more. We were... Read More impressed from the moment we met him by his artistry and his friendly demeanor. Your wedding is a wonderful yet stressful day and your photographer is going to be with you every step of the way. It is essential that you enjoy being with this person and that they don’t add to the stress but relieve it. That is why Yaneck is so amazing. Not only does he have a fantastic personality (someone you are more than happy to spend 12 hours with) but he cares just as much about your big day as you do. He works really hard to bring beauty to every moment and he does a wonderful job of making you look your best. If you want someone to capture the excitement, joy and beauty of you and your entire day, while keeping you in great spirits, Yaneck is your man. We are very happy that we decided to hire Wasio Photography and we would highly recommend him for your special day.

TO WASIO photography