Wavelengths Salon & Spa

services Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Jamestown, Bristol

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, Nails, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Massage, Spas, Beauty

181 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI services Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Jamestown, Bristol (401) 849-4427

Reviewed on 10/07/2016

Wavelengths Salon did my hair for my wedding. The team was very friendly and fun to interact with; they helped throughout my planning process and certainly made me feel at ease. The hair trial couldn't have been more fun. My hair and makeup looked beautiful. Unfortunately my... Read More hairstyle on the day of my wedding was not exactly what I asked for. Originally I was scheduled to have my hair done mid-day. That morning I was asked if I was okay with having my hair done last, I was caught up in the rush of my wedding day and should not have okay'd this schedule change. Unfortunately there was not enough time to change or fix my hair style. The curls didn't make it to the ceremony, which was very disappointing. I had tried to request a curling iron be used and was told that was not an option. I will freely admit I should have spoken up more and insisted my hair be changed, however I had hoped to feel better taken care of on my wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 K S

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Angela J

Wavelengths was so amazing to my bridesmaids and family. We had a big group of us getting our hair&make-up done and the salon was so well organized and kind. Everything went so smoothly! They even gave us fruit, cheese, coffee, champagne, etc. All of us girls were so happy with... Read More the results, we couldn't have asked for a better time. As the bride, I had no idea what to do with my hair but the owner, D'ann, worked with me to create a look that I ended up in love with. Thank you, Wavelengths!!!

Excellent!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Vanessa K

I had my hair and makeup done here along with my bridal party and a trial. Everything was so perfect - usually I'm very picky and had very particular photos and ideas I wanted - everyone did everything exactly how I wanted it. I loved everyone there and will go back again and... Read More again!!

Great Experience at Wavelengths!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Jamie S

I can't say enough great things about this salon! Myself, my bridesmaids, grandmothers, and mothers all got our hair done before my wedding on August 8th. When we arrived in the morning they had complimentary bagels, fruit, and mimosas waiting for us! They had one stylist per a... Read More girl, which made the whole process go by very quickly - I think all 10 of us were done within 1.5-2 hours. This was extremely helpful because it allowed us to have additional time for getting ready and pictures in the morning. Each stylist recreated exactly what my girls were looking for and my hair was exactly what I wanted for and lasted the whole night! (14+ hours) I would highly recommend using them if you are having a wedding in the Newport, RI area.

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Elizabeth S

The only way I remember the morning of our wedding now is chaos. We were told many times over that time would not be an issue and when booking my 9 bridesmaids, mother, and me, we were even told that we would get started early enough to ensure promptness for a 1:30 end time. I... Read More should have known when I called the week of and found out our appointment actually started at 11 (I thought it was at 9) that something was not right. We walked in that morning to find an extremely busy salon with 2 other bridal parties, regular costumers, and 1 bridal trial. I listened to the bridal trial plan her own wedding in the chair next to me while my hair seemed to not come together like the picture and my trial. I expressed that I felt my hair had too much height but she told me that it would come down during the day - it never did. During my makeup, I was then pushed to the side for this other bride so that they could use the airbrush machine on her. My bridesmaids sat on the floor for an hour waiting for appointments. We all felt in the way. I felt like an inconvenience. The food there was just strawberries and cheese. I was told there would be plenty of food. We were all starved. When my mom was trying to point out what she thought was wrong with my hair and the time, the owner snapped at her. We rushed out and had to leave a car behind as we were running late for pictures and 2 bridesmaids were just getting started at 1:30. Later, the owner turned nasty when we voiced our concerns on the phone. I would not recommend this to anyone. Instead of being a special time, it felt crazy and that we were a burden. If you want experience, go somewhere else. All of my wonderful friends did look beautiful and the makeup looked great in pictures.

2015-08-06T15:41:25 Response from the vendor

Elizabeth, I was very surprised when I read this review. From the start time of 10:45 which was confirmed with you on July 7 by email, there was no mention at that time of any concerns or or asking for a 9:00 a.m. start. You... Read Less Read More

Perfect place for wedding hair & makeup

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 jessica l

Wavelengths Salon is a beautiful salon in Newport, RI. They provided great quality hair and makeup service for myself and bridesmaids. I scheduled appointments for six of my bridal party and each one loved their hair and makeup. They even provided coffee cake, mimosas, and... Read More drinks for us. Thank you for a great start to my wedding day!

Best hair and makeup in Newport

Reviewed on 11/28/2014 Olivia N

When I was planning my wedding, it was no question that I would go with Wavelengths. They are talented, reasonably priced and very flexible. Wavelengths did my hair and makeup for my wedding and it was exactly as I imagined. It was very helpful to do a trial with them a few... Read More months before the wedding. Wavelengths also did the hair for my entire wedding party-- all of my bridesmaids selected a different updo and each were very happy with the final result. Our early September wedding ended up being a very hot, muggy and windy day and our hair and makeup didn't show it! If you are getting married between May and October, reserve your day(s) quickly, as they will book up! Wavelengths can really do anything-- I could not recommend them more!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Amy N

Lovely salon with super nice people who are wicked talented at their job. Their makeup line won me over since it didn't feel like a mask and the artist captured what I wanted perfectly. My hair was gorgeous and my bridesmaids' hair was stunning. Can't say enough about the... Read More overall pleasant experience of working with this salon.

Wavelengths Salon & Spa

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Jaime A

Wavelengths Salon & Spa is nothing short of amazing!!! Their staff is friendly, professional, and makes every experience memorable and fun! Its such a friendly and inviting atmosphere. I love going there, its truly the perfect place for whatever you are looking for whether it be... Read More Hair, Makeup, Nails, Skin, Massage you name it. They always are up with the latest trends and products. My hairstylist Corey Riley was amazing for my wedding. My hair and makeup came out even better than I could ever dream about when thinking of how I wanted to look on the biggest day of my life! I honestly could not imagine going anywhere else. If you are getting married, guest of a wedding or even just need some pampering I highly recommend Wavelengths Salon & Spa! I can't speak highly enough of all the girls there and the place itself. Its the type of place that makes you so excited to go back to! :)

Fun Bridal Experience

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Kristen D

My bridal party and I got our hair and make-up done in the salon on the day of the wedding and it was a great experience! They provided breakfast and mimosas for us, played fun music, and kept an open environment for us all to chat and dance. They opened the salon early for us... Read More (for an extra, very fair fee), and were all as excited as if they were getting married that day. My hair came out beautifully, and my make-up was perfect without being overly dramatic. They were also very honest with what would work and what would not work. My bridesmaids, Mother, and MIL also absolutely loved how their hair came out. To please a group of 9 women is no easy feat, but they managed it with grace!

Flawless Wedding Makeup

Reviewed on 6/04/2014 Jessica L

The girls from Wavelengths did a flawless job on my wedding makeup. After my trial I had a lot of input and they somehow captured all of it and made it look even better than I expected. I truly looked like myself but the makeup was flawless and absolutely stunning. They did a... Read More perfect job. They even made my mother look beautiful who has never worn maeup a day in her life and she loved it! They were a blast to work with the morning of and got along great with everyone in my hectic wedding party rushing to get ready in Newport. I could not have been happier with the results and it lasted all day, and maybe also the next day on the flight to our honeymoon :)

Fun and Fantastic

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 Wendy W

I cannot imagine a better place for us to have gotten beautified! The staff and owner are so much fun and not only was it about the hair and makeup but the experience of it all. We actually rented out the shop so we really just made it a party! All the hairstyles came out... Read More beautifully and the LASHES, everyone loved. They are so friendly and talented, I just couldn't believe it. Definitely would not have changed a thing!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 8/18/2011 Anika M

We had three girls in there at the same time for just easy up dos and we had a great time! The stylists are nice, down to earth, and it was fun - this is exactly what you want on your wedding day.

Great for hair, only ok for make up

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 nadia z

Rachel did my hair and it was perfect. I have a high updo with large cascade curls in the back, which is hard to do with thin sleek hair, but with the help of a few extensions for fullness and a lot of skill Rachel was able to make if look perfect! My make up was done too... Read More heavily during the trial, and I ended up doing most of it myself on the day of the wedding, except for the application of individual lashes, so was not worth the money.