Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Vow Renewal Ceremony

Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

Ceremony, Wedding

Charleston, SC (843) 801-1041

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Lisa D

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Kristen Barner! She is basically part of our family now and we are so happy we chose her! We chose Charleston, SC as a destination wedding and Kristen was perfect fit for us! We were able to do premarital counseling at the oddest times... Read More since we lived in a different time zone and she was so accommodating towards us. Her words for our ceremony were absolutely beautiful and representative of us. We could really tell she got to know us and we feel like lifelong friends! She is a beautiful person inside and out, and I would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Jennifer L

I don't even know how to begin, except to say Kristen is now someone we call family. My (now) husband and I went through Kristen's premarital course in which there were 4 "homework" activities. Throughout that process, my husband and I learned not only about each other but a lot... Read More about ourselves. He and I had lived together for 3 years leading up to our wedding, so several of the "preparing to live together" issues we had already encountered. However, Kristen challenged us to think about things we either had never really thought/talked about or things we had forgotten about. Most importantly, in the midst of all of planning chaos, it brought us back to ground zero to remind each other of the most important part of it all - our commitment and love for one another. Kristen learned so many parts of us and our relationship, and we always had outstanding meetings with her every time. She helped us write our own vows with the traditional notes included, which was so special to us. My husband and I instantly felt a bond with her, and will hold her near and dear in our hearts forever now. You won't find a better officiant or a better person, trust me.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 jessica l

We love Kristen!! She is absolutely fabulous! We were supposed to get married on Oct 7 but hurricane Matthew changed those plans for us. We moved the wedding up to Thursday and Kristen could not have been more amazing with our change in plans. She officiated our wedding that... Read More morning and then her (and her husband and 2 dogs, who were waiting so patiently in the car) evacuated Charleston right after. My family absolutely loved her and the way she officiated the ceremony. Kristen was with us every step of the way and made everything so easy and stress free! We feel like we've known her forever! We will be forever thankful and grateful to her for waiting to evacuate to officiate our ceremony. I don't know what we would have done without her!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Anastasia K

Dear Bride, stop scouring reviews and just hire Kristen from Wedding Belle Rev. Not only will you get a fantastic officiant who is truly invested in every single one of her couples, but you both will get a friend for life. My fiance and i booked Kristen for premarital counseling... Read More (so worth it!) and our ceremony. The premaritial counseling was the furthest thing from painful. We got to drink wine together (we did ours at various happy hours) and did 4 homework assignments from Kristen. Afterwards, we would FaceTime her as we lived in Seattle, and we would chat. SO incredibly helpful when you are stressed from planning a wedding because these activities really help you plan your life and your marriage, the most important parts.For our ceremony, we worked with Kristen to choose every reading and she sent over multiple drafts (including a change from the MOB the night before!). Wedding Belle Rev gave us a one of a kind ceremony that was spiritual, but not overly religious, personal, modern, and true to who we are. The day of our wedding, as i walked down the aisle, i was about as happy to see Kristen as i was my groom! From the tears in the crowd and from everyones feedback after, our ceremony was one of the most personalized and beautiful that our guests had ever attended. If you are a modern and romantic bride, hire Wedding Belle Rev to not only help you tie the knot, but also help you build a lifetime of happiness together.

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Stephanie E

I was planning our Charleston wedding from Chicago and throughout the planning process was in a constant state of worry questioning if we selected the right vendors for our special day. The only person we had absolutely zero doubt about was Kristen Barner of Wedding Belle Rev.... Read More My now husband and I are absolutely thrilled we got to know Kristen over the past few months and feel so fortunate she conducted our ceremony. Within the first few moments of our initial conversation with Kristen, we felt her warmth and sincerity. We both instantly knew we wanted to work with her. Even though Skype, her beautiful and bubbly personality shines. We choose to do premarital counseling with Kristen since we were so comfortable speaking with her and both felt Kristen really cared about us and our future. While we would not consider ourselves very religious, Kristen made us feel completely at ease and each conversation was effortless, fun and most importantly, beneficial as we prepared for our marriage. The words she spoke at our ceremony were personalized and reflected us as a couple. It was clear Kristen put in a great deal of thought and effort into the words she wrote and shared. Several friends and family members commented that our ceremony was beautiful and "the best" they have ever witnessed. It is difficult to put into writing how amazing Kristen is but my husband and I cannot stress enough how grateful we are for Kristen and how happy we are she was part of our wedding. We look forward to keeping in touch with Kristen in the months and years to come. Thank you Kristen!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Kelly M

Kristen is the most kind, thoughtful, understanding, and genuine person I have ever met. My now husband and I were having a difficult time finding someone to help us with our wedding but after talking to Kristen for about 5 minutes we knew that we wanted her to help us start our... Read More life together. Not only did she officiate our wedding but she also worked with us on some premarital discussions. No matter what was going on in her life she always made us feel like a priority and special. Every moment you spent with her you knew that this was not a "job" to her but one of her loves in life. I highly recommend Kristen for your wedding and just know that you won't meet anyone who loves what they do more than she does.

Reviewed on 4/29/2016 Terrianne T

We were able to meet with Kristen on a short trip to Charleston six months before our wedding. She took the time to get to know us, discuss what we had in mind for a ceremony and make suggestions on what might work best for all. She kept in touch in the months prior and on the... Read More day, gave us a ceremony that many have complimented in the days since. Easy going and very helpful- we can't thank her enough for making our special day happen!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Marit T

Kristen was absolutely wonderful and great to work with. Our wedding was on October 1st, on the day hurricane Joaquin and its relentless rain arrived in Charleston. Prior to the wedding day, we had a great first Skype consultation with Kristen as we were planning our wedding all... Read More the way from Portland, Oregon. We felt immediately at ease and confident that she would do a great job. More importantly, she was just a great fit. It was very important to us that we acknowledged and respected the different belief systems of our guests (our families have very different values and religious affiliations) and made everyone feel welcome. She helped us put together the perfect ceremony, that fit with our beliefs and was very inclusive of everyone who attended our wedding. She supplied us with many possibilities for readings and different types of rituals which helped us put together a beautiful ceremony. She was very flexible when it came to making small changes here and there. Since we had never met in person, Kristen proposed to meet us at the venue the day before to walk us through the ceremony and help us feel more confident. We rehearsed for the outdoor wedding that we had initially planned, but on the day of, hurricane Joaquin forced us to change our plans. Despite the rain and the flooding, Kristen showed up early and kept reminding my nervous groom that everything was going to be just fine even though we had to scramble to move everything indoors. Our guests showed up late due to the terrible conditions on the road, but Kristen was such a calm presence and that's what we truly needed. The ceremony itself was beautiful and so many of my friends commented on how special it was. Few friends had every experienced such an intimate, personal ceremony that fit our personalities and relationship so well. We couldn't have been happier with our experience and I would highly recommend Kristen to any couple planning a Charleston wedding!!

Amazing Lady

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Amy G

Kristen is so great. We are so glad we had the opportunity to be married by such a wonderful and kind woman. Kristen also provides the option to take a premarital counseling class before your wedding. My husband and I did this and had such a fun time with it. The ceremony was... Read More done so well, our guests loved everything about it. It was lighthearted, fun and unique. Kristen is able to personalize the ceremony to each couple and it makes it so much more enjoyable and exciting. She made our special day just perfect.

wedding 9/13/14

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 M H

Doug Farmer performed a beautiful, thoughtful wedding ceremony for us. It was great getting to know Doug over the months leading up to the ceremony. He was always quick to respond to my e-mails. I have recommended him to 2 brides-to-be.

Absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/28/2014 Whitney L

Doug was such a pleasure to work with, and the words he spoke made our day so special. I had many guests comment on how much they enjoyed the ceremony because of Doug's delivery. Best of all, he is just a really likable guy! He made us feel so comfortable and guided us through... Read More the ceremony when we first met with him, taking into account all of our preferences. I had previously underestimated the importance of a good officiant, at first looking at the role as "another vendor." But this is the person conducting you into marriage, and Doug really conveyed the depth and joy of this huge step we were about to take. We were so fortunate to have found Doug. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Wonderful wedding officiant

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Britt T

Doug was a pleasure to work with. Leading up to our wedding, he recommended a book (that is a great read for those in committed relationships, and could certainly be reread again and again) that was a great informal form of marriage counseling. He is so knowledgable and... Read More professional, and makes you feel comfortable with the ceremony and rehearsal. He gave the most beautiful ceremony, and we had so many people tell us it was the best ceremony they had ever witnessed. Most importantly, he ensured that we were comfortable with the ceremony, and we were truly getting what we wanted. I would definitely recommend Doug to anyone getting married.

This guy knows what he's doing

Reviewed on 3/09/2014 Justine

Doug really made it easy for us. At the rehearsal, he provided us with so many tips and directions that we never really had considered before (like how to efficiently switch hands when putting on the rings, so we weren't floundering up there). He also figured out the order of... Read More our family members walking down the aisle, which was nice because I only had a vague idea. Rehearsal was nice and short, as was the ceremony. He quickly helped us sign the papers after the ceremony, and got them to the office the next day. I will be happy to look back on our wedding memories, and remember Doug as our officiant.

Wonderful Personalized Wedding by Someone Who Takes the Time to Care

Reviewed on 2/13/2014 Melissa F

My husband and I got married in Charleston but live in New Jersey. Planning and out of town is especially troublesome when choosing who is going to marry you. We searched the web for the perfect personality for our ceremony. We found Kristen's webpage and she seemed to be... Read More both lighthearted, but serious about what she does. We made the appointment to chat with her and she was just what we were looking for. Upon meeting her via Skype, we talked about many important things including family, our relationship and our religious backgrounds. My husband and I have different religious backgrounds, but this was not a stumbling point for Kristen. We continued chatting in the weeks up to our wedding and created a completely personalized ceremony. Kristen spent a lot of time working to ensure that our ceremony was perfect for us as a couple. By the time we walked down the aisle, I was confident that our ceremony was perfect for my husband and myself. I also knew that Kristen knew exactly who we were as a couple. When it came time to meet Kristen, I was beside myself. It was as if we had known each other for years. I am confident that our friendship will continue into the future. She is wonderful to work with. On the day of our wedding, all of our guests commented on how heartfelt and touching the ceremony was. They loved the personal touches that Kristen recommended for us. My husband and I would 100% recommend Kristen to anyone who is in need of an officiant in the Charleston area.

Awesome

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Meredith E

Doug Farmer was great! The ceremony he performed was so moving and heartfelt! He was just perfect.

Such a wonderful help

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Mendy G

Kristin was so helpful! She jumped right into planning after the first conversation. She made sure to assist us in making our ceremony what we wanted it to be; not a standard cookie cutter type ceremony! She did a fantastic job! My anxiety level was down just because I knew she... Read More would take care of things!!

Beautiful Words, Flawless Professionalism

Reviewed on 3/13/2013 Anand C

Doug Farmer was flawless, both in planning and execution. He took the lead in constructing a ceremony that was, by our request, "short but sacred." After a quick phone call or two (ours was a destination wedding), Doug was able to home in on exactly what we were looking for.... Read More Every word he spoke was carefully chosen and the readings he selected were spot on given our personalities...not just the same old, same old. This was apparent to both us and our guests. At the rehearsal and on the day of the wedding, Doug's experience and calming influence shone through. We knew we were in good hands and that is very good to know when the nerves kick in during the ceremony!

our special day

Reviewed on 2/18/2013

My husband Chris and I had originally planned a small ceremony for just our family and were going to have a bigger celebration later. Kristen was so thoughtful and kind, she not only helped us every step of the way but she still checks in on us from time to time. Our wedding... Read More ceremony was on October, 20th of 2012. The weather was perfect all weekend the decorations were beyond beautiful and there was so much love in the air. Kristen truly went above and beyond for us in a way that we have decided not to throw another wedding and appreciate the small romantic ceremony we had.

Valuable Premarital Counseling

Reviewed on 2/04/2013 Staci S

My fiancee and I selected Kristen/Wedding Belle Rev for our premarital counseling services. The process was very relaxed and comfortable. We spoke freely with each other and the questions Kristen presented to us were thought-provoking and led to interesting discussions between... Read More my fiancee and I that we probably would have never had otherwise. Kristen always remembered the details of our previous conversations and regularly checked in to see how we were progressing with wedding plans, successes, and hurdles. Kristen did not lecture but rather allowed us to be ourselves and she kept our wants and interests in mind throughout the process. I felt like she was a cheerleader for our team!

Doug is Great!

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Christina F

Doug did a wonderful job being our wedding officiant.

Great experience

Reviewed on 11/23/2012 Kathryn C

I highly recommend Doug Farmer. We had a wonderful experience working with him. He always responded to emails very quickly and has a reassuring manner about him. He wrote a beautiful, touching ceremony for us but definitely encouraged us to personalize or change it as much as we... Read More wanted. we were looking for someone who would lend a feel of a traditional religious figure but who wouldn't mind if we glossed over most of the actual religious details. Doug totally understood where we were coming from (though he would have been happy to perform a more overtly religious ceremony as well). Our ceremony was hands down our favorite part of the day and we have Doug to thank for leading that portion of the wedding and setting the perfect tone.

Personalized and perfect

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Becky R

Doug did a fantastic job officiating our wedding. He met with us weeks before and we submitted a few paragraphs to him describing our love for one another. He incorporated parts of this into our ceremony. Numerous guests asked how long we had known Doug because the ceremony... Read More was so personalized.

Rich Elis

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Heidi N

He was a wonderful officiant through charleston wedding officiants!

A Perfect Ceremony!

Reviewed on 6/28/2011 Mary Tyler P

From the first minute we met with Doug, my fiance and I knew that he would be our officiant. Doug worked with us to create a perfect, personalized wedding ceremony, even including our dog ring-bearer in a part of it! We've all been to weddings, and the ceremony is always the... Read More same. Not so with Doug. Yes, we did the traditional "I do's" and said the traditional vows, but Doug makes each ceremony personal. When we first met Doug, he told us each to send him an e-mail about why we love the other person. He included this information in our ceremony which made it more meaningful and personal. Once Doug had written our ceremony, he sent it to us for approval. We made a few changes; Doug didn't ask any questions and accepted our changes. At the rehearsal, his personality and sense of humor put everyone at ease. During the ceremony, his personality showed as well, and Phil and I weren't nervous at all. We knew we were in good hands! Phil and I have received compliments from several wedding guests about what a wonderful ceremony we had, even from friends you wouldn't except to even be listening to the ceremony!! Doug is amazing; you must book him for your wedding!

Great!

Reviewed on 12/18/2010 Anna G

Very easy going, great to work with. He always sent a prompt response back. He understood what kind of ceremony we wanted (non-traditional). Only reason I gave him 4/5 stars is because he mis-spoke when we were doing our vows (asked if I would take my Wife. Wait, I am the... Read More bride!)