Unique and FUN Wedding Dance Lessons

Do you want a first dance that is creative, unique and fun? We specialize in wedding dance lessons and working with couples to create a memorable first dance that your guests will be talking about long after your wedding is over! We offer lessons for Parents of the Bride/Groom & Wedding Parties too!

4601 Quebec Street , Denver, CO (773) 977-9580

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Keri N

We started as two people with ZERO dance experience and ended with “That was the best first dance we’ve ever seen! You guys killed it! That was amazing!”. That came from our wedding DJ who has seen countless number of dances. As a watcher of “So you think you can dance” and... Read More “Dancing with the Stars”, I’ve always dreamed of having a beautiful story telling first dance with my future wife. Never did I think that was possible without months of professional dance training. With My Wedding Dance Coach, it was done in 7 lessons! Maren, our dance instructor, was absolutely great. We had an ambitious desire to combine two songs into one dance, a slow romantic one followed by an upbeat fun one. Maren choreographed our dance beautifully as we went taking into account our feedback and input. She was as excited about our dance as we were! The beautiful thing about the dance was that we “messed up” a couple of different times, but no one had any idea. Maren did a great job of prepping us on the adrenaline and nerves that can and will pop up in the moment and we were able to cruise right through them to a beautiful finish. One thing to note when scheduling your dance classes is to make sure to allow room for your own personal practice time! On average we were able to fit in one hour of practice between each hour of lessons, so it’s amazing to see what we were able to accomplish in 14 hrs! Also, I highly recommend you record your lessons so you can reference them later. We loved it so much that we’ll definitely be taking some more lessons in the future just for fun!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Megan S

Elizabeth was absolutely amazing to work with. She immediately put my bride and I at ease and began working at a speed that was comfortable for us. We only signed up for a couple of classes for some last-minute instruction, but I wish we would have signed up for additional... Read More classes because it was a surprisingly good time. Wholeheartedly recommend.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Chris H

Wonderful teacher, wonderful experience! My husband and I took 7 private dance lessons with Dennis in order to prepare for our big day. Neither of us have any dance experience but we knew we wanted to enjoy, and preferably not embarrass ourselves during our "first dance." Dennis... Read More was a wonderful teacher and a great listener. He asked us what our vision was for our dance, and helped make it a reality. We were most comfortable with having something fully choreographed to ensure our success, so he made it happen. We truly enjoyed our lessons and all of the practice that we did in between, it was a great way for my husband and I to connect and spend quality time together amid all the wedding stress. Our dance turned out awesome and we got TONS of compliments! I would highly recommend taking lessons with Dennis if you get a chance! We will cherish those memories forever! Thanks Dennis!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 SR J

Dennis was such a great dance coach! We found him on yelp. I can see why he got great reviews! We went to him with an idea of what we wanted and an edited song. We did a slow song initially then broke into a faster/fun/sexy song. We kept it short about 2.5ish minutes total. We... Read More figured people would get bored if it was way long. With our edited song, he was easily able to listen to it, play it in the studio, and offer suggestions. We are not dancers, but he taught us a few simple steps and some fun turns we'd asked to put in and it was perfect on our wedding day! It was one of the highlights. In fact, our favorite wedding photo is my husband spinning me in our dance! We kept it a secret so no one knew we took lessons which made it more fun! He also took video of us at each session so we could easily practice. We loved him! If you're considering him please do use him - he's fun, easy to work with, and gets what you want -- you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Luke B

Maren is more the dance instructor - she's an artist! We desperately needed to learn a dance routine for our wedding, and as beginners, we were very nervous to dance a routine in front of 200+ people. Maren gave us the confidence, skills and looseness we needed to dance a... Read More routine. We had so much fun and will definitely be looking into taking more classes with her.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Erin P

Maren was a wonderful dance instructor for my husband and my wedding! I came in with some dance background and he was pretty nervous since he didn't have any formal dance experience. She was really patient with us and was great at showing us partnering work. We learned some... Read More moves and felt much more confident during our first dance than we would have if we had just winged it. She was really fun to work with and a great instructor!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Chris W

Our wedding dance lessons with Wedding Dance Coach were easily the most enjoyable and fun part of getting prepared for our wedding. Maren was a wonderful coach and we had such an awesome time working with her to prepare for our first dance. She was always prompt and punctual,... Read More but most of all, she was an incredibly skillful coach. Our dance came out great and we received so many compliments. We wish we could get married again just to take more lessons with her!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Jeff R

Maren Waldman at My Wedding Dance Coach is absolutely astonishing! Her patience and ability to pass on dancing skills were wonderful, especially with this older father of the bride. After learning two "Dancing with the Stars" routines with her fiancee, my daughter took me to a... Read More few lessons. Long story short, we did a swing number that awed the crowd and ended with a long ovation. One guest posted that I "danced like Fred Astaire". Pretty high praise for a guy who used to dance like a cow on ice skates. Outstanding job Maren! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Jennifer E

We loved learning to dance with Maren. We took lessons over the summer before our October wedding in 2016 and as soon as Maren heard our song she came up with steps to go to it. She was very patient and excited to work with us. Even thought neither of us knew any dance really,... Read More Maren was able to create a beautiful and fun dance that we both enjoyed! In the end it was actually my husband who remembered all the dance moves since I was too nervous at the reception! We got some great compliments on our first dance.

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Brit D

We can't say enough great things about our experience with Dennis at Wedding Dance Coach! I was a little worried about getting my hubby to agree to lessons, but after our very first lesson he loved it and we purchased an additional one outside our package just for fun. Dennis... Read More is not only insanely technically skilled himself, but an amazing teacher/instructor. We enjoyed ourselves so much we plan to continue taking lessons in different dance styles!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Gus S

Dennis was incredible to work with. I am a goofy & clumsy guy and my wife is a classically trained dancer... the first dance was intimidating. Dennis made me feel comfortable and helped us create a dance that had a perfect combination of simple & repeatable motions with some... Read More advanced moves to highlight the better dancer of the two of us (my bride). We would recommend Dennis to anyone and everyone, and not just for weddings but to teach you a few moves that can keep you going at any event.

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Stephanie L

Dennis was so awesome to work with at Wedding Dance Coach! We have no dance experience whatsoever and he took the time to hear our ideas and was able to choreograph a routine that fit our personality. We had so much fun performing for our guests! We can tell that Dennis has a... Read More passion for dancing and would recommend him to all our friends and family. Whether you just want to learn the basics or be more ambitious, Dennis is wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 3/25/2017 Jennifer N

Maren was a joy to work with! She choreographed a really fun and sweet first dance and we had a blast learning the steps and practicing our dance. Our first dance was a big hit and our guests said it was the best first dance they'd ever seen! I highly recommend Wedding Dance... Read More Coach!

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Chandler & Dawn B

We absolutely LOVED working with Maren. She is extremely professional, elegant, and kind. She is open and inclusive and made my wife and I feel right at home. We came to Maren with a first dance idea for our wedding that was more complicated than most, especially for beginning... Read More dancers, but Maren took it as a challenged a knew she could teach us the steps. She is very creative and can visualize beautiful dance numbers on the spot. Maren takes her time in teaching you each step and makes sure you have it down before moving on to the next. My wife and I went from being decent dancers to feeling like professional swing dancers in 7 sessions. Our guests are still talking about our first dance to this day and how amazing it was. Maren made us excited about dancing because we could see how passionate she was. Now we are going to continue dance lessons as a bonding experience and dance through life together. Book your sessions now, you won't regret it and you'll be wanting to come back for more! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Maren!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Robin S

Maren was a dream to have as a dance coach! Neither my husband nor I had ever taken dance lessons before, and we were a bit apprehensive. Maren was patient, took all the time we needed to learn the steps, and made sure to choreograph a dance for us that both fit our song and our... Read More personalities. Our dance went perfectly at our wedding, and the guests loved it! The studio is easy to get to, and Maren was very flexible in working with us and our schedule. I would HIGHLY recommend taking lessons from Maren at Wedding Dance Coach!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Yana D

We had 5 dance lessons with Maren over the summer before our October wedding, and we are so happy to have done it! My husband was not sure about dance lessons, but I definitely did not want to do the awkward penguin waddle to a slow song that I have seen at many weddings. I... Read More was hesitant because we picked out a rather unconventional song from an avant-garde metal band. However as soon as Maren listened to it the first time, she immediately started putting some steps to it, and we were thrilled that we were able to use the song we wanted. I loved that our dance sequence incorporated moves from waltz, tango, and swing dancing, as well as turns and dips that vowed our guests! Maren was very flexible to change something when I was sometimes just not "feeling" a certain move or if we had issues with a transition, and was always communicating to ensure that we were comfortable with the movements. I am also absolutely in awe that we were able to go from learning a basic waltz step on the first day, to having a full dance sequence by the end of the last session. Having Maren record a video of the sequence on my phone was very helpful for us to practice later. I am also very thankful that Maren gave us a lot of tips to ensure a successful dance on the day of in case any sort of issues came up - like how to adapt in case the space we'd dance in was smaller than expected, what to do if our shoes were slippery, or how to modify certain parts of the dance if my dress didn't allow the movement. She also gave lots of little tips on how to add some "oomph" to the dance like how to hold my hand during a spin to make it look more elegant, where to look, etc. Really put my mind at ease and the big day went great! Every part of this experience was great - from the instructor, to the dance, to the bonding time as a couple. I would highly suggest this to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Jackie S

I have nothing but great things to say about my experience with Dennis as my Wedding Dance Coach. I took lessons with both my fiancé for our wedding dance and with my father for the father-daughter dance. We all began this adventure having little to no dance experience, and I... Read More think we were all a little nervous about how it would all turn out, but it was one of the best decisions I made surrounding the wedding. Our wedding dance was literally my favorite part of the day, and that means a lot coming from someone who never danced before and who isn’t one to love the spotlight! It was fun, it was within our skill range, and many guests commented on how fun it was to watch. I felt like a princess when my fiancé and I ended our dance with a move that I had seen on the internet but never thought I would be able to pull off! One of the best parts of learning dances with both my fiancé and my father were the memories that were created leading up to the big day. We had so much fun and so many laughs spending some quality time and practicing the dances, so for those memories alone it was all worth it. My parents even came in for one lesson to learn some of the more fun group dances! If you are thinking of getting lessons, please see Dennis! He will help to make your day perfect, no doubt!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Katie D

Dennis was an incredible wedding dance teacher. I was a complete beginner, but my now-wife had experience and a lot of talent. Dennis taught both of us perfectly. He created a relaxed atmosphere where we could laugh, as well as a structured atmosphere where we could learn.... Read More Dennis helped us pick out a routine that combined two different dances to two different songs. My wife and I still dance how he taught us-- its a simple way to remember our wedding day. I highly recommend taking wedding dance classes, and I highly recommend taking them with Dennis.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Joey S

We had five lessons with Dennis and it was well worth it! He was patient and flexible with us. He helped us adapt our dance exactly how we wanted it and our guests loved it!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Tori B

We loved working with Dennis! He was great at designing a first dance for us that was easy to do but looked elegant and impressed all of our guests. He explained dance moves very well and worked with us to make sure we got it right before moving on to the next step. I think he... Read More really cares about making this the best experience he possibly can for couples, and it really shows in the lessons. I would absolutely recommend getting dance lessons here, it will grow your confidence and help you shine even brighter on your wedding day. Thank you so much Dennis!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Kelsey S

My husband and I took 5 dance lessons with Dennis before our wedding and we were very happy with the process and results. Dennis was very easy-going, he listened to what we wanted and he offered great guidance and suggestions. The dance lessons were a fun thing for us to do... Read More together and we ended up with a dance that was perfect for us - nothing too cheesy but enough to entertain our guests. Thanks Dennis!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Tara N

We didn't want to have our first dance to be a typical high school dance sway ;) Quite frankly we were impressed with what Dennis taught us in just the first lesson and would have been happy there! He added several moves each time and our first dance turned out wonderfully!!... Read More It was great time together and fun keeping it a secret until we took the floor on our wedding night. Cannot recommend Dennis and My Wedding Dance coach highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jessica M

My man picked our song. I have 10 years of dance history - even went to college for it. My man on the other hand truly can't dance. Dennis did an amazing job with the song we choose - which I thought would be so hard to choreograph but he had no problem. It was so much fun!!! I... Read More would recommend Dennis to everyone out there- spend the money and make some memories people!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Bruce L

Wedding Dance Coach states on their website that their goal is to make you - whether bride or groom, parent, or other members of the party - “sparkle” on the dance floor as you celebrate on the big day. With Maren Waldman as our guide, my daughter and her new husband, my wife... Read More and I, and our son and other daughter did just that - we all had great fun (and some great moves!) - thanks to Maren. Maren is an outstanding dance instructor in that she is patient, flexible and accommodating of a wide spectrum of skill levels and musical preferences. She worked with my daughter and fiancé on a very fast salsa dance number, my daughter and I on a jumpy techno-swing dance, my wife and I on a smooth vocal jazz song, and taught our son and other daughter some great jump-step moves. I cannot praise enough Maren’s ability to give us confidence in our dancing so that we could simultaneously keep the dance flowing (due to her teaching the structure, prompts and moves of the dance) and yet let go and bask in the sheer bliss and happiness of the moment. Maren’s teaching (and enthusiasm!) allowed us to truly enjoy and have fun with our dancing. I cannot adequately describe the joy I felt as a father and husband as I danced with my daughter, then with my wife, thanks to the lessons we took from Maren. I unequivocally recommend Maren and Wedding Dance Coach.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Lauren H

My experience with Elizabeth/The Wedding Dance Coach was outstanding. Learning and practicing my dance with my husband and dad was a very special experience and one that I will always think so fondly of. This was such a fun way to have specific time with my husband and my dad... Read More to do something “out of the ordinary”, and it really brought us even closer together. Elizabeth has such a fun and bubbly personality and made this process extremely memorable. I am so thankful that we took part with the The Wedding Dance Coach and I highly recommend it to everyone!

Elizabeth Marberry

Elizabeth Marberry earned a Bachelor of Arts in Dance from Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. In addition to performing internationally in India, France and Japan, Elizabeth was a featured dancer for Holland America Cruise Lines. Elizabeth and her team have studied ballroom as well as many other forms of dance such as hip hop and tap! We are here to make you look and feel confident on the dance floor. With over fifteen years of teaching experience and after working with hundreds of wedding couples, Elizabeth and her team look forward to sharing their passion for dance with you.