For Your First Steps Together

Dance like you've always wanted! We'll teach you the moves you want to learn--whether you want to put on a show or just get through a simple slow dance together. You'll be leading and following in no time!

Houston, TX (832) 567-4617

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Out classes were awesome and I would definitely recommend Catherine – five stars! Since we never had such classes before, my fiance and I were skeptical about being able to dance in such a limited amount of time (acceptably good). However, the results surpassed all our hopes -... Read More the dance was beautiful, we felt confident while dancing. Our guests enjoyed the dance and asked us to dance again for them. Thank you, Catherine!!!

2015-10-22T09:19:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was a joy working with you.

Reviewed on 8/31/2015

I cannot express how much I enjoyed our lesson with Catherine! She made me and my fiancé feel comfortable and in an hour we felt like we were actually dancing!! Catherine made us laugh and it was such a fun experience! Wedding Dance Houston gets five stars from me!!!

2015-09-01T17:28:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Vinaya R

We had so much fun learning our wedding dance. My husband was so nervous and Catherine made him so comfortable and we both really enjoyed our dance. We got so many compliments at our reception! Highly recommend Wedding Dance Houston!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Martha B

Catherine is the best dance instructor in Houston. We wanted to do something a little different for our wedding and Catherine quickly choreographed a simple and medium paced, but emotional country and western two-step to our favorite song, 'Kiss Me In the Dark'. The classes were... Read More a lot of fun and Catherine is such a personable teacher one quickly feels like a close friend is teaching rather than an instructor. We both highly recommend Catherine and promise you will not be disappointed; she can do it all.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016

Catherine did an outstanding job for us! In just 3 lessons she taught us our wedding dance, which was no small feat for my wife and me as we aren't the most coordinated of couples! Our dance was a huge hit on our big day, and we owe it all to Catherine!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Judith R

My husband found Catherine online and I'm so glad he did. My husband and I are not dancers. lol We don't like dancing... period! Catherine helped us get our first dance down in 5 lessons. She is very open to everything and makes sure you are comfortable with the moves she comes... Read More up with. She did such an amazing job with our first dance and our guests told us they felt like they were in a fairy tale and were surprised by our dance (considering we don't dance). It was perfect. We cannot thank Catherine enough for helping us!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Mallory B

My now husband and I were hesitant to take dance lessons and have a choreographed first dance. But let me tell you - working with Catherine at Wedding Dance Houston was the best decision we made while planning our wedding! She is so incredibly talented, and after our first... Read More lesson with her, we were both so excited to show off our moves! We just got married last weekend, and we performed our first dance flawlessly (even the lift!!). Our guests were cheering us on the whole time, and it was just so much fun. Catherine made us feel so confident, that my husband even dipped me for our first kiss! I'm still reliving it all. So grateful for Catherine's hard work! We loved working with her.

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Taylor

We did one private lesson with Catherine for the father-daughter dance. She was easy to work with for scheduling and planning the lesson. We really enjoyed the lesson and it helped us on the wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Kelsey S

Catherine choreographed our wedding dance, and did an amazing job! We did two songs and she edited them to blend into each other for our dance. We did three dance lessons at our house, and she was very prompt and efficient in our hour long lessons. She even drove through the... Read More Houston flooding to get to us! She was very flexible in scheduling times for our lessons and worked with us on our schedule. We are so happy we chose this vendor!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Allyse L

Catherine was awesome! She choreographed our whole dance perfectly with us and helped us get it down perfectly. I can't imagine getting our first dance to be exactly the way we wanted with anyone else. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how great we looked together!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Andrea S

Thank goodness for Wedding Dance Houston. After only two lessons we had a fully choreographed dance that fit our needs perfectly. Thank you Catherine for saving us from an awkward 3 minutes of swaying back and forth like a couple teenagers at the prom.

2015-11-03T01:07:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review! I hope your dance was special and something to look back on and enjoy!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Andrea N

My husband and I turned to Andrea Cody to help choreograph our first dance. She made it easy, fun, and comfortable. She taught and showed us lots of moves in a short amount of time (1 hour). Within that time, we were able to put together a unique, upbeat dance routine that our... Read More guests loved. Best of all, Andrea encouraged our dance confidence so now when we go to other weddings or parties, we can use what we learned from her lesson.

2015-10-30T06:33:39 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review. I love it when we can get it done in just an hour. I'm so glad to hear you felt great and your guests loved your new moves!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Terri C

Andrea was amazing! She was incredibly patient with us, especially with my husband who has never danced in his life. We wanted to recreate a dance we saw in a movie, so she taught us the choreography and cut the song for us too.

2015-10-30T06:34:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review. It was so much fun working with you on the dance. You guys are awesome!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Kelley

Andrea with Wedding Dance Houston is wonderful! My husband and I only had a few days pre-wedding where we could be at the same place, same time (we temporarily live in different cities), and had no idea what we were doing when it came to ballroom dancing. We tried some YouTube... Read More videos before realizing we were out of our league and contacted Wedding Dance Houston. Andrea was flexible, patient, and really taught us a lot in our 1-hour session. We were much more confident, had so much fun, and received a lot of compliments at the wedding. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Rachel D

Andrea was great!! She helped my husband and I nail our first dance! We danced to Ed Sherran's "Thinking Out Loud". It was a hit with our guests as well! Andrea also helped my dad and I with our father daughter dance. She is very patient, full of ideas, knowledgeable, and an... Read More overall awesome dance instructor!! She was able to take our beginner's level to the next level and simplified our dances for us. We really enjoyed our dance lessons (We took a 1 hour session) and it definitely helped complete our wedding day! Thank you, Andrea!

2015-08-26T10:45:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the glowing review! It was a pleasure teaching you and I am delighted to hear that the dances turned out great. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos, too!

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Tiffany P

Andrea was very nice and did a great job. She fit us in on short notice and in 3 lessons built our skills into a first dance that fit us as a couple. She listened to our ideas, provided ideas, and gave us tips of perfecting the dance. I highly suggest couples take advantage of... Read More what this company has to offer to give them a fun, sweet, and planned to the extent you want first dance.

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Katrina E

We had Andrea as our wedding instructor. She is fantastic!!! Very natural. We told her that we wanted to dance All of Me for our first dance and she was so creative in making dance steps, spontaneously. She modified these steps accordingly as well, to suit the couple's... Read More personality. We only had 3 one-hour classes with her and I can say we did great on the wedding day!!! She also provided us with the edited music for the dance to shorten it just the way it should be for a first dance. Thanks Andrea for the dance lessons. We had a good time and we were glad we took it with you who's one of the best dancers we have in Houston! :) All the best!!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2015

Our instructor is Andrea and she's definitely awesome. My fiance is super un-coordinated and I thought we won't be able to do anything in our first dance, but Andrea was so patient and helpful. We did the same tango song from the movie Scent of Women, and it really surprised our... Read More guests because everyone thought the groom couldn't dance!! I would recommend Andrea to anyone in the Houston area and you won't regret it at all!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2015

We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Andrea is super easy to work with, knowledgeable, and flexible to your needs. We had some "out of the box" ideas and she used her expertise and creativity to create the perfect dance for us, all while teaching us some moves we'll... Read More be able to use together for the rest of our lives! Would strongly recommend her to anyone in the area without hesitation!

Fun!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

We learned a simple waltz to "I Lived Her First" and it was exactly what we wanted. Thank you!

Great

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Kala F

Got us into good form for our first dance in only an hour

Loved this vendor

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Britten S

Andrea was spectacular. We've had several lessons and I look forward to each one! She's friendly and very accommodating to our schedules. She's an amazing teacher and really understands how to choreograph to a couples strength. I cannot wait to show off our new moves that we... Read More have learned from her. I would recommend her to ANYONE!!!

I can't give them enough stars!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Jenny K

Pat with Wedding Dance Houston was AMAZING!!! My fiancee Matt was very nervous about the dance lessons, because I have dance experience and he does not. Pat catered our lessons to be exactly what we wanted! Matt learned plenty but was never overwhelmed and our wedding dance is... Read More so perfect! I feel like Ginger Rogers getting swept, spun, and dipped around the floor. Pat was so professional, personable, and so knowledgeable! This place is wonderful!

Andrea is awesome!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

My wife to be and I have been taking lessons with Andrea for our upcoming wedding. She's done an amazing job getting us up to speed with her amazing choreography. We're not big dancers, and she's been so patient with us through this whole process. I know without a doubt our... Read More wedding day dances will be the best ever! I would highly recommend Andrea for any of your dance needs. :)

Great Dance Lessons!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Allison L

Andrea was extremely helpful as both my fiance and I were somewhat of a blank canvas coming into the lessons. She made each lesson extremely comfortable and was not afraid to jump in and help us correct mistakes we were making. I would recommend her to anyone looking for... Read More wedding dance lessons.

Andrea Cody

Andrea grew up in Houston's Memorial area and has enjoyed dancing her entire life. She trained in her youth at Houston Ballet Academy and later developed a passion for social dancing. In high school at St. John's School, she founded and directed the school's Social Dancing Society. In 1997, she was a founding member and instructor for the Houston Swing Dance Society, for which she also served as Vice President. In 1999, she placed first in the city and tenth in the nation for swing dancing at the American Lindy Hop Championships. She is the Founding Director of Dance Houston.