Full - Partial - Wedding Day Plan

"Because every Bride & Groom deserve to be guests at their own wedding!" Our role is to make this time in your life easier as you plan your special day, saving you time and possibly some costly mistakes! We're here to provide you with a wealth of knowledge, ideas and experience: from venue and vendor selections to creating a timeline for your event. Debra and her professional production team will be with you every step of the way, including the big day to ensure it all runs smoothly!

Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Wedding Website

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Samantha W

Debra and her team were a huge part in bringing my wedding vision to life and I really couldn't have done it without them. The day was truly unforgettable and I keep staring at pictures to try to relive it! Both my mom and I have crazy work schedules that don't give us a ton of... Read More free time for the fun things like wedding planning. We brought Debra and her team on very early in our planning process and she was incredible at making the process run smoothly (even handling hiccups with grace under pressure when any of our vendors threw wrenches). She was so attentive and we were able to develop a genuine caring relationship with her, which helped make the day even that much more special. The whole team is incredibly detail-oriented, leaving no stone un-turned from the weeks leading up to the wedding to making sure our centerpieces were brought back to the hotel to adorn the room where brunch was being served the next day. Multiple guests have come up to me since the big day to tell me that it was the most well-run and seamlessly executed wedding they had been to. Debra and her team kept all of the vendors organized the day of, and helped us with full event production. Hiring Debra was one of our best decisions because we all felt like we were able to attend the wedding more as guests than organizers. My parents and mother-in-law spent their time mingling with friends, dancing, eating, etc. and didn't have to worry about managing the vendors and making sure everyone was where they needed to be. Debra and team created a run of show document that guided our schedule for the entire day and she made sure we stayed on track. The great relationships her and her team have built with all types of vendors made our decision process much easier and required significantly less research time than if I had tried to do it myself, which I am so thankful for. Both my husband and I would highly recommend Debra to anyone looking for a great wedding planner in the greater NYC area. She's someone we would call again and again as different family members get to this stage of life - my little sister being the likely next!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Dave D

Weddings by Debra did an incredible job for our wedding (literally incredible: it's almost impossible to believe how helpful they were)! A bit of background: my fiancée and I got engaged in January and married in August. We were in Texas for most of the time in between. My... Read More fiancée contacted Debra in May. Between May and August, Debra and her team (who are fantastic and attentive, each one of them, in a broad range of roles) helped us put together an amazing wedding that not only were my wife and I completely thrilled with, but that all of our guests loved and have been complimenting us on ever since. I would especially recommend Weddings by Debra if you are planning either 1) a very large-scale event, or 2) an event that has to meet high aesthetic standards and for which you have little time to plan. Debra's team handles complex problems very well. Some examples: about 80% of our guests were travelling in to NYC, and were coming from 3 or 4 entirely different geographic and cultural backgrounds. Debra and team helped us provide something great for everyone and wove each different aspect of our weekend into a seamless event. Another great thing about Debra is that she is totally honest: if you have a great idea, she will encourage it and never try to upsell you; and if you have a bad idea, she will tell you honestly why it's bad. Debra saved us a considerable amount of effort (and money!) by turning us away from bad ideas and towards better, more cohesive plans. Debra has many connections in the wedding industry in New York, and she used those to get us a first-rate DJ and excellent photographer who otherwise might not have been available that weekend. I must also say that Debra, Erica, Christina, and the entire team are the kindest, most patient, and most fun people you could imagine finding in the wedding business. They're the best. If you're getting married in the New York area, I encourage you to contact Weddings by Debra right away. I couldn't recommend anyone more highly!! --Dave D., married 8/20/2016 to Jill O. at St. Patrick's Cathedral, NYC.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Aderonke A

I met Debra 6 years ago. She planned my cousin's wedding. We had an instant connection. I knew if I got married in NY, I would have to have Debra plan it. Debra has over 20 years experience and helped me pick a venue, invitations, florist and photo booth company and offered the... Read More best reccomendations for photography for all budgets!!! She will help you save money by getting the best deal possible. Debra's producers are friendly, courteous, hardworking ladies. They go above and beyond and are always one step ahead. I had some unforseen circumstances during my wedding, Debra was a shoulder to lean on, she offered the best advice and helped me to the best of her ability. I will never forget her! My husband was reluctant to hire her at first because he thought a planner would be an unevessary expense. He was the first to admit that they were worth every dollar and they were essential to our wedding day run smoothly.

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 F A

Debra, Erica, and their team went above and beyond both before and during our wedding to make it a truly seamless and beautiful day. They are exceptionally organized and detail oriented, while consistently kind and patient with us. They shared excellent advice on planning and... Read More took a lot of the burden of planning off our shoulders by communicating with the vendors and making sure we made all necessary decisions on the right timeline. At the wedding itself, they (very quietly and unobtrusively) seemed to be everywhere at once -- ensuring that everyone in the wedding party was on time, where they needed to be, directing wedding guests, and generally making sure the day ran smoothly. At 1am -- having worked since the morning -- Erica and company were still tirelessly walking our guests out to meet their cars in the pouring rain -- soaking wet but still going! We are so grateful to them -- they turned what could have been a stressful undertaking into a warm and wonderful event.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Candice T

Debra, Erica, and the whole team are AMAZING! I have been a wedding planner myself, but knew I needed help given that I wanted to have a large, elegant reception in my suburban backyard, following a formal catholic mass in the NYC. No rustic chic for me. I was so thrilled to... Read More find Debra. After interviewing several wedding planners, I picked Debra because she put me at ease in the very first conversation. What I initially thought about her proved to be absolutely true. She is part logistics maven -- every single little tiny thing was so organized, she thought of things I had never considered and made sure we were well prepared for anything and that we were on time. She is an amazing CFO -- she gave straight forward, honest input on where to spend money and where it wouldn't matter, and she did this while considering what was important to me. She is also an amazing counselor -- she was on top of every family dynamic and made every distant relative and friend feel special and cared for while keeping me from being stressed by any of it. I truly love Debra and she turned my wedding into the wedding of my dreams. She would look at me and just know what I needed. One of the best examples I have is that I went to an awful fitting where my beautiful dress had been butchered. I called Debra to come back with me 6 days before the wedding. I wasn't worried because I knew that Debra would either have the woman fix the dress, tell me what I was missing, or find some other solution but that I would walk down the aisle feeling beautiful. Because I had Debra, I didn't panic of worry but was confident that the problem would be solved. And that is exactly what happened! My wedding and reception was everything I wanted and more -- definitely the happiest day of my life, thanks to Debra.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Jenny G

My sister just married the love of her life and Debra went above and beyond to make sure her wedding was everything my sister dreamed of. From accompanying her to the seamstress after a bad fitting to convincing the tent company to frame around a prized tree rather than cut it... Read More down, Debra made sure ever detail was perfect. She beautifully incorporated everything from carnival games to Tommy Stinson into a classy night to remember for us all. I can't wait to recommend Wedding By Debra to everyone I know who is planning their special day. Many thanks from the sister of the Bride!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jackie S

Wow!!! I really didn't know how much I would rely on my wedding planner until Debra and her team. From the moment planning started, they made sure to remind me of every minor detail along the way - many things I would have definitely forgotten without them. Erica and Aimee... Read More were amazing along the way, always touching base, all guided by the visionary - Debra Thompson. Debra, Aimee and Erica's attention to detail is unmatched. Debra had so many unique and cool ideas I would have never thought of myself. On the day of the wedding, Christina was with me every step of the way - I definitely couldn't have gotten through it without her. She kept me on track and was there whenever I needed her. Erica was with my husband for wedding day prep, and he had nothing but great things to say about her! Katie and Yazmin took care of all of our guests, and took on the huge job of ensuring they got to and from our church, reception and hotel (our block had about 80 rooms!), and everything went off without a hitch. I heard about some speed bumps throughout the day (to no fault of the WBD team), and you would have never known, because Debra's entire team thinks on their toes and fixes issues at the drop of a hat. The vendors she recommended were simply the best. We went with Joseph Richard Floral, Naked Soul Band, Finishing Touch Linens, Dideo Films Photography, Ridge Squire Tuxedo etc. and our reception was at Glen Island Harbour Club. Debra has an amazing way of meeting you and just knowing your taste, and recommending the best fit for you when it comes to vendors. I actually feel that I have a void to fill now that I don't see Aimee and Erica's texts / phone calls / email in my phone anymore :( I miss them so much! Debra Thompson and her team are simply amazing, and worth EVERY PENNY! Thank you so much for making the best day of our lives as magical as you made it.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Maya K

I wish I could give MORE than 5 stars - Debra and her team were phenomenal. I honestly don't know how anyone gets married without them there to keep things running smoothly! I hired WBD for the month or so leading up to wedding day - they helped organize all vendor contracts,... Read More created the most incredibly detailed wedding day timeline, and helped me find creative, reasonable, and affordable solutions for all those things that come up last minute. They were honest when I presented ideas that were crazy and they were supportive throughout everything. I truly felt like I had a team of cheerleaders who genuinely wanted my wedding weekend to be as successful as I wanted it to be! On the day of, Debra's team was invaluable. They kept things moving seamlessly and handled any issues that arose without me or my husband knowing anything about it. If you want a perfect wedding day, hire WBD - they will eliminate all your stress!!!! Thank you WBD!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Lauren B

My husband and I used Debra and her Weddings by Debra team to help plan and execute our wedding back in June 2017. We could not have asked for a more genuine and engaged team. They were on top of everything from calling vendors to emailing updates, to even sitting in on a few of... Read More our vendor visits. My husband and I had done most of the planning ourselves, but felt like we could use some help in executing the whole event for roughly 175 guests. Debra and her staff were attentive and ran all the behind the scenes work without being too pressuring the day of. Thanks to them, we are now a happily married couple!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Julie A

Debra and her staff were absolutely wonderful in every way- They were experienced, expert, enthusiastic and responsive, and made our wedding a perfect experience!!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 K O

When my husband and I were considering a wedding planner...there was no contest Debra and her team were our ONLY choice! Living out of state and planning our wedding in NY it was critical for us to have a planner that was a problem-solver, efficient, great navigator, as well as... Read More sincere, warm, and attentive. And Debra met all that criteria and in some ways more. Working up to our wedding day, Debra set up meetings for us to meet all of our vendors during the limited time we had in NY. She was very essential in delivering additional help when needed and it added a nice personal touch. For example, she introduced me to someone who hand made my cathedral veil and a tailor who made a gorgeous bustle to my dress at HALF THE COST then if I were to get these done at a dress shop. Thanks Noni and Victoria!! Seriously, you don't see that in this industry anymore. You will quickly see the pride that Debra takes with her clients and the industry she works in. I can sincerely say that I wouldn't have the wedding that we had, had we not had the guidance we received from Debra. Also, Debra is very good about contacting you, even when you don't contact her just to make sure you receive the emotional support throughout the process and that you are hitting your deadlines. Now, on our wedding day, it was apparent why Debra and her team are in this business. So many behind the scenes issues that would normally been noticeable to our guests were so quickly resolved that to our guests it appeared to be a seamless and perfect wedding. My guests couldn't stop raving about their professionalism. I can assure you that I am not one of those brides that had to state that my wedding went too fast. Nope! Because of Debra and her team I enjoyed EVERY aspect of my wedding! Now, I do have to say something special about Erica, one of Debra's assistants, who I later found worked closely with my brother to pull off one of the greatest surprises at our wedding...arranging for a horse drawn carriage to arrive during our photo session! Not only were my husband and I totally surprised by this loving gesture by my brother, but our close family and friends were able to take part in this unforgettable moment. If it wasn't for Erica and Debra working and supporting my brother tirelessly on this effort this wouldn't have happened. So if you are looking for someone who treasures personal and timeless details, and has the vision and the ability to take the pieces from your mind and turn it into your dream wedding, then Debra and her team is who you want!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Danielle C

Thank God for Erica!!! You really don't know how much you need an experienced wedding professional that is used to handling the chaotic moments on what is supposed to be the most important day of your life. Trust me, the pressure even for someone as laid back as my new husband... Read More is overwhelming! Anxiety starts to set in when all those small details in the day start going wrong. But with Erica's facilitation of the wedding day everything came together seamlessly. She is kind yet assertive when she needs to be and she can give it and take it like the best of us. She is definitely "clutch" as my husband put it. She is behind the scenes yet there with you every step of the way. From someone to plan and organize your church rehearsal when the priest is suddenly unavailable, to getting your sarcastic grooms ready and out into the limo on time for the wedding, and keeping disgruntled family members apart from each other. She is my savior!! I don't know how I could've walked down the aisle without her help.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Laura B

The Weddings By Debra team was incredible! I honestly did not think we needed a wedding planner but I was so wrong. As Mother of the Bride, we had already made all of the big decisions so I thought, what would these ladies do? These women take care of so many details that you... Read More are not even aware of. They obviously have a lot of experience and took care of everything and everyone, had what we needed before we knew we needed it, were quick to solve any possible issue before it became apparent and remained behind the scenes at all times. They helped us stay within budget, helped me find the right boxes for wedding favors, pressed all of the girls gowns, sanded the bottom of their shoes so they wouldn't slip, managed the signing of the marriage license when the Deacon forgot to guide us on this, passed out all floral items, moved flowers from one ceremony to another and so much more! Debra's goal was for all of us to be calm and enjoy the day without worry and I can easily say that she did just that. Kudos to Debra for training her team to be extremely professional, courteous, trustworthy and dependable! They are truly worth every penny spent and you will want to take them home with you at the end of the evening...seriously!! I would give them all 10 stars! Thank you Debra and team! You made my daughter's dream come true!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Amy P

Our Weddings by Debra experience was truly amazing. From start to finish, every interaction was over and above our expectations, and handled in such a lovely and gracious manner it felt to each of us in both families like we were the most important people in Debra and her... Read More staff's lives. I don't know how we would have managed without Debra and her staff, and am very sure it would have been no where near the joyous, carefree, wonderful event it was for both families, and most importantly, for the wedding couple. Seriously, best decision we made about the wedding! We all can't thank you enough!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Joe P

Weddings by Debra did an amazing job helping my husband Louis and I with our wedding at The Time Hotel in Nyack. They made sure everything was perfect. They exceeded our expectations and we are able to enjoy our wedding knowing that they were in control. Thank you again to... Read More Debra, Erica and Amy you ladies rocked it!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Anne P

The day my daughter got engaged she knew she needed a wedding planner with her and her fiancé having very busy schedules she knew it was a must. After hearing of such wonderful things about Debra and her team they scheduled an appointment to see if she was the one. Yes she was!!... Read More She confidently assured them that their day would be everything they dreamed of. Debra and her team went far and beyond with suggesting of their top choices of vendors from dresses for the the bride and bridesmaids, tuxedos, photographers, hairdressers, makeup artists, DJ,'s and transportation. Debra and her team the day of were unbelievable ! They made sure that the entire wedding party and the vendors kept on schedule stress free. We loved every minute of working with Debra and her team. They exceeded our expectations. The day went through totally flawless. We are so thankful to have worked with them throughout planning my daughters wedding. I would highly recommend Debra and her team for wedding and event planning!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jeremy G

We were so fortunate to have Debra's services on the day of our wedding. We planned our wedding from out of state but Debra and her team always made it feel we were only miles from the event coordinating process. We knew from the start we loved her when she met with us to gauge... Read More our needs and how she can meet those needs. The contracting process was easy with Debra and it is very clear that in her heart she wants to ensure her couples are getting the day they envision. Before even signing a contract Debra mentioned a venue we might love but had never considered. Fast forward and guess what? We got married at that venue! Debra made sure we stayed on track with our planning and we relied on her and her team to keep us on pace to be prepared for the big day. Without them, we would have been lost! It was comforting to know that the vendors Debra suggested had worked with her before; the industry is vast and for us being out of state, difficult to navigate without some help. Everyone Debra suggested fell within our budget and did a terrific job. We are still getting compliments about every single detail of our wedding (which, for the most part, was up to Debra and her team). Debra and her team also understood the importance of balancing difficult family dynamics throughout planning and the actual wedding day - they worked hard to make sure every VIP was treated respectfully and felt valuable. Debra and her team made sure our day was executed flawlessly! We are so grateful for their contributions to our planning process; we could not have made an event so special, and so nice, without them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Cynthia V

I don't know what I would have done without Debra and her amazing staff. We were planning our military wedding all the way from Kansas, and Debra made the entire process go so smoothly. She knew exactly what I wanted and helped me find the perfect wedding vendors. I honestly... Read More don't know what I would have done without her and am so thankful for having Debra. She made the wedding such a perfect day and I couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 John R

Debra and her team went above and beyond throughout our 14-month engagement. Because we live several hours away from the New York area, our biggest challenge was planning remotely and making the most out of each visit. Debra was a lifesaver, since she helped us narrow down our... Read More vendor options and simplify our decisions; having a shortlist of her top recommendations for photographers, hairdressers, and more made our lives much more manageable - and we loved all of the vendors we went with! Debra was attentive and accessible, always keeping us track throughout our 14-month engagement but also never rushing us. She offered plenty of guidance and great ideas that we incorporated into our big day, but she also respected all of our wishes and ensured that the ceremony and reception reflected who we are as a couple. She went out of her way to work with our parents and other family members, answering any questions they might have in the run-up to the big day. On the day of our wedding, Debra and her team were top-notch. They coordinated our huge bridal party, ensured that guests always got from Point A to Point B, and kept track of what every vendor was accountable for. Everything ran smoothly, according to their detailed schedule, and just knowing that they were on top of all of these details was a huge weight off of our shoulders. It allowed us to take in everything and truly be in the moment on the happiest day of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Marissa C

When my wife and I first started planning our wedding we thought we could handle it on our own, no big deal, how hard could it be? After about a week of doing research and taking notes we quickly realized we needed help. We spoke to our venue organizer who highly recommended... Read More Weddings by Debra. Our first call with Debra was so informative we knew right away she was the one we would use to help us plan our special day. Debra has wedding producers who assist with her planning procedures and day of event production, two of which, Aimee and Erica, jumped at the opportunity to help guide us along the way. My wife and I had so many questions and uncertainties about every little detail, thankfully the ladies were always available and are full of knowledge (what vendors to use, flower selection, hair, makeup, tuxedo, you name it). Looking back now we clearly see that our perfect day wouldn’t have turned out the way it did if it wasn’t for the tremendous help from Debra and team. From the very first phone call to even weeks after the wedding, Aimee, Erica and Debra were right there to help us without hesitation or delay. We can assure from first-hand experience that Debra and her team are hands down the best in the business. Along with an overwhelming knowledge of all that is weddings, Debra and her producers are the kindest sweetest most comforting team we’ve ever had the pleasure of working with, professionally and personally. Some people ask if we could do it all over is there anything we would change? Sure, there are a few things; but we wouldn’t dream of doing it without Weddings by Debra. So if you find yourself reading this review and comparing Debra to other event producers, trust me when I say you can stop right now and give Debra a call; you won’t regret it. - Jason and Marissa PS – We gave five stars because they don’t allow for six.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Christina C

Debra and her staff are truly AMAZING!!! I knew from the moment I got engaged, (which was also supported by Weddings By Debra) there was absolutely no way we could plan our wedding without her. Debra truly puts her whole heart into her work. She “dotted every I and crossed... Read More everyT,” while keeping our vision in mind from day one. Every meeting with our vendors was balanced and organized thanks to Debra. She listened to our hopes and dreams and added her own creative suggestions, which helped to make our wedding that much more of a day to remember. The day of went equally as smooth. Erica B and Erica P were with my husband and I from the early morning until the end of the night making sure that we had everything we needed and smiles on our faces. Michelle was also a great support at the church greeting all of our guests and supporting transportation to and from the venue. We are still getting pictures and phone calls about it being one of the best weddings people have ever been too! With Debra and her team producing the wedding, I don't think it could have gone any better. They become a part of the family and we were so grateful to have them with us every step of the way.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Victoria S

I don’t know what more to say other than having Debra Thompson as my wedding planner was absolutely invaluable to me and my family and she helped make my wedding dreams come true! I worked with Deb and her team from the time I got engaged to even after my wedding. From the first... Read More meeting with Deb, she understood me and my vision for the wedding (unlike other planners who have their own ideas of what they think you should have and can be pushy). Deb was my lifeline during planning. She worked with me day in and day out (I think I spoke with her at least twice a week during planning) and that is one of the things that truly makes her special. She has a personal touch in everything she does and gets to know her clients so well to ensure their day is seamless. Having Deb was the best money spent hands down. We had a very customized wedding with a unique venue that required everything to be brought in which requires a lot of coordination. I never worried about a thing since Debra had lists of all vendors and was on top of things even before I could think of them. She also recommend the best vendors in the business. Every company she recommended went above and beyond for us. From photography to floral to custom linens, everyone we worked with was amazing! On the day of my wedding, Deb and her team were absolutely phenomenal! I really can’t say enough about how hands on they were and anticipated me and my family’s every need. They also knew almost all my family members well by the wedding day since we had been planning together for some time. Before I could even ask for something, Deb and her girls were already on it! This type of help is priceless on your wedding day when nerves are high and many things are going on at once. My advice to any bride would be that I would highly recommend a wedding planner, even for the most organized and savvy individuals because on your wedding day, you shouldn’t have to worry about anything. And having a planner before the wedding day is even more important because they know the ins and outs of your vision and plan. I wouldn’t recommend anyone other than Debra Thompson. Working with Debra will help make every step of your wedding planning and wedding day journey as special as can be! Thank you Debra for all you did for me, my husband and my family. You have a gift and talent for wedding planning and I feel honored to have been a Debra Thompson bride! <3 Victoria

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Lynthia R

As mother of the bride, I would give Debra Thompson and her amazing team more stars if you offered them. From the initial planning through to flawless execution of the wedding weekend events, she guided us to selections of professional, experienced and very NICE vendors; she... Read More helped us plan carefully, stay on track and keep an eye on budget; and most of all helped my daughter realize her vision in a very personal and meaningful way. The wedding was warm, elegant and lots of fun - we have received so many compliments! Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Abby H

The best of the BEST! I was a maid-of-honor in my best friend's wedding and Debra even made MY life easier!!! She is so kind, so calm and SO organized! She is on top of every detail and made the entire day feel totally seamless. Definitely the best of the best in wedding... Read More planning and coordination. Thank you Debra!!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Ryan M

Hiring Debra and her team for our wedding was the absolute best decision we could possibly have made for our wedding! From the first time that we met Debra, she emphasized that we should feel like a guest at our own wedding and we cannot articulate enough how true that actually... Read More was. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding and a large part of that was a testament to Debra and her team. It's truly hard to explain all of the ways in which Debra helped us. She was engrained in every aspect of our process - whether it's suggesting different vendors given her personal experiences, keeping us on task every part of the way, managing us to be significantly under-budget, coordinating extensive logistics, or just being another helpful voice with whom to discuss the wedding. There have only been a handful of days over the last year that we weren't in contact with Debra, which shows how truly involved she was. After all the preparations, not once did we feel any planning pressure, which is unlike many of our friends that have gone through their own weddings. We knew that it was all leading to the most magical day of our lives and we are glad to have had Debra be a part of it!

Debra Thompson

Debra Thompson opened her company, Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC, in 2006. This year Weddings by Debra will celebrate its 11th year of producing fabulous events with her incredible team of producers. Debra and her team care about each and every client. Their thoughtfulness and devotion is what has made Weddings by Debra stand out against any other competitor. Weddings by Debra has won numerous awards, including Best of Westchester for Best Party Planner 2012, 2016 and 2017. The Knot 2017 Best of Weddings and numerous Bride's and Couple's Choice Wedding Wire awards.