Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC

Westchester, NY

Full - Partial - Wedding Day Plan

Our role is to make your life easier as you plan your special day. We oversee the logistics of your event, including all the planning and legwork. We keep track of the thousand little details, so you're free to relax, enjoy your guests, and savor every unforgettable moment!

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning

Westchester, NY

Could not have done it without her!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Jen C

Planning a wedding was the most difficult thing I have ever done. My husband and I had a very clear idea of what we wanted, not another cookie cutter wedding, but something very personalized that spoke to both of us and our distinct personalities. We presented all of our... Read More thoughts and ideas to Debra and she helped make our vision into the most amazing reality. Our special day cannot even be described in words. I have been complimented by guests since the event on everything from the decor to the dj. The best compliment I continue to receive is that I looked absolutely at ease and carefree, and I have all the pictures to prove it! For any bride you can imagine how important that is on your wedding day!

She Made My Wedding Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Jeanne Marie H

I am in the DC area and was getting married in New York. I was getting overwhelmed because I spend a ton of time on the road for work and was trying to coordinate everything with the wedding too. The thing I was most worried about was decor. I didn't really know what I... Read More wanted and I didn't have time to think about it! Theme? What theme?! Then we hired Deb and everything was smooth sailing from then on. She had me use pinterest to "pin" items I liked from other weddings. She looked at my pinterest board and contacted a florist who fit the feel of things I was pinning. Turns out I had a theme in my head the whole time--all the photos pointed to the same things! I had relatives and friends coming from out of town, a huge room block, and lots of different vendors and she handled it all from then on. For her fee, she spends a LOT of time with you. My dad even remarked at how involved she was in every step, and how whenever we saw her, she wasn't interested in getting away as quickly as possible. Our vendor meetings ended up turning into long chats, and everyone felt very close to Deb by the time the wedding came. I am totally serious when I say this--if anything went wrong at the wedding, I don't know about it because everything was perfect. A piece of my dress was missing, and Deb was immediately ready to sacrifice a pillow to sew a new piece for me. Luckily, we found the piece of the dress, but I wasn't worried the entire time because I knew Deb had a back up plan. A lot of people warned me going into the wedding that I wasn't going to get a chance to enjoy it and that I'd be running around so much it would be lost in the whirlwind. Deb's team did the running around for me. Anything I needed, they anticipated. Deb also made sure we ate. And boy was I full! It was the little things that made things great--helping me swap my heels for flip flops and back and forth as my feet started hurting, coming up with a solution when I was getting way too hot in my dress, and for making sure my parents had a great time (And didn't miss the cocktail hour! Which has happened to them before :) ) Our wedding was a wonderful, seamless experience. I didn't spend the week before stressed. I didn't have to deal with last minute details. Instead, I spent the days before the wedding at the spa while Deb and her team took care of details. I cannot recommend them enough!

The absolute best

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 J G

Debra Thompson is one of the most special people I have ever met. She planned my wedding with more care, and detail than anyone could have ever done. She felt like a member of the family. Not only did she listen to all my plans and visions, but she executed and managed my... Read More vendors with an unprecedented efficiency. She also made some fantastic introductions though she never pushed any vendors on me. She helped me decide what parts of my budget mattered the most and I got the most for my money by following her advice. All things considered, she is the best wedding planner I could have ever imagined, and someone with whom I hope to remain life-long friends.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kira P

Debra and her team are amazing. No job is too big or too small for them and they seem to cover bases you didn't even know were there. Not only was Debra and one of her team at my wife's house helping get her into her dress and assisting the bridesmaids, but she also had one of... Read More her team at my hotel suite, steaming my groomsmen's tuxes and shirts while keeping us on schedule. She helped the venue with setup of our main reception room and ensured that our ceremony went off, flawlessly. Debra and her team are top-tier!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Tom & Tony P

I've been working with Debra Thompson for many years and she is easily, the most professional and well rounded event planner I've ever come across. Many event planners focus on their area of comfort such as decor or floral design. Debra is knowledgable in every area of any type... Read More of event. Whether you're discussing catering, decor, music, floral design, transportation, venue selections, accommodations, etc., she's got insightful and invaluable advice to impart to her clients. Most importantly, she understands the impact that each of these areas have on an event. I've recently had the pleasure of having her produce a showcase for my band and she made the planning of the event an enjoyable and productive process. On the day of the showcase, she and her team were invaluable in helping to coordinate the logistics and communicate with our guests. She was imperative to the organization of the event in so many ways and reduced a lot of stress for me and my team. I'm fortunate to be able to work with Debra in different capacities and on regular occasion.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kelly N

If you're planning a wedding, you need to hire Debra and her team right now. My fiance and I started planning on our own with the help of my parents and were quickly overwhelmed. Hiring Debra was the best decision we made, she immediately hit the ground running and calmed all... Read More our fears. She is professional, experienced, and highly detail oriented. She is a type-a person's dream come true, you can trust her to produce the wedding of your dreams. Our wedding was truly magical! As our wedding day approached everyone was asking my fiance are you nervous, is everything ready? His response, everything's good we've got Debra. Debra is truly the best and she will not let you down. We miss her already and can't wait to connect with her again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Brian C

Debra and her staff were exceptionally professional and courteous--and they had the instinct and knowledge to help in any situation. Besides flawless scheduling and direction of wedding guests, these ladies know how to calm nerves, how to fix hair, and even came prepared to... Read More touch-up makeup during the photo session. I can't speak highly enough of this company. I was truly blessed to have them help on our special day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Silvana P

DEB IS THE BEST!! Deb and her team did an amazing job of coordinating our wedding. We really couldn't have done it without her. Deb is professional, reliable, and has incredible contacts in the area. She's not only a fantastic coordinator but also quickly becomes a close friend.... Read More My husband and I still say that hiring Deb was the best money we spent. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Debra and her team are amazing. I cannot imagine having planned our wedding without her help and guidance. She is highly experienced, knows the area very well, and has excellent sensibilities on what works and what doesn't work. She thinks of things that we would never have... Read More thought of, and attended to every detail in the day-of production. My wife and I both had our own "body person" who assisted us throughout the entire wedding day and made sure we had everything we needed. Everything ran so smoothly thanks to them. Even after the wedding, they have helped us follow up with vendors as needed. Debra and her team truly go above and beyond. I highly recommend her -- you will be very happy you chose her!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Irene H

I cannot express how amazing and perfect Debra and her team was in helping plan and execute my best day ever. She was invaluable throughout the planning process because she knew all the right vendors in Westchester and NYC and helped me save a lot of time when I needed her... Read More advice. Debra and her team also understood my vision and was our number one advocate when working with our vendors. I know she had other clients but I felt like she made me such a priority! What I also observed was that the vendors not only wanted to make me happy but keep her happy which was important for credibility and execution. She even helped me stick to my budget! On our wedding day, my fiancé told me that working with Debra was one the best decisions I made during this process. It doesn't end here. In the weeks leading up to our weekend as well as the wedding day, Debra and her team was so diligent in making sure every detail was checked, confirmed and organized. I went into the wedding weekend fairly calm for a bride BC I knew Debra and her team was going to take care of everything. She told me that all I had to do was relax and have fun BC it was her team's job to take care of everything and they did! Her team made agendas not only for the bridal party and VIPs but for all the vendors, kept everyone on schedule and took responsibility for some of the reception details that some caterers and vendors may not do perfectly. And as expected, the entire day was executed flawlessly and smoothly and all my husband and I had to do was have a good time which is one of the main reasons why we wanted to hire Debra and a wedding planner. Why spend months of planning not to enjoy your wedding day and worry about the details. Debra and her team not only were serious professionals but also treated us like family and I knew they wanted to make our day perfect. I have the utmost respect and confidence in her team and I couldn't have had the perfect wedding weekend without them!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Edith O

Debra and her team are truly the best! They made our military wedding an absolutely exquisite event. My husband is in the United States Marine Corps and was stationed in North Carolina but I wanted to get married in my home state of New York. My fears were running high... Read More especially living out of state from where my wedding occurred so I set up an appointment with Weddings by Debra Thompson. I cried my eyes out but Debra reassured me every that everything would be fine. She was the relief I needed to get through this time. From finding the the best vendors, to planning and coordinating, even her ability to keep me on budget was just extraordinary. Debra tapped into understanding me and my husband and she delivered. Sometimes I thought she was nuts with some of her ideas but I'll tell you she was spot on with everything she suggested. So I will graciously bow down to her ideas anytime!! DEBRA KNOWS HER STUFF! The whole crew stayed in constant contact with me through a year of planning. I felt like they were part of my family. I can still hear Deb's unforgettable voice in my ear! I miss these ladies and I'm ready for another event put together by them. Their level of professionalism and service CANNOT be matched. The attention to detail was at the level of a person with OCD and I loved it!!! There is no way I could've done it without them. Our wedding will be remembered by us and our friends and family forever. Everyone was blown away by the elegance and how smoothly it ran. We owe Weddings by Debra Thompson everything...including our first born child :) I cry each time I see pictures or video from our day because I still can't believe that my dream wedding came true. I would highly recommend Debra and her team to coordinate any event that you have. They are well worth every penny and you will be able to relax and enjoy your event. Thanks Deb we love you and are so grateful for making us feel very welcomed through the whole wedding process. We will never forget you all!!! Edith and Nick

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

My wedding was the best day of my life. I married the man of my dreams surrounded by close friends and family, and had the amazing expertise of Debra Thompson and her team on my side ever step of the way. From the beginning, Debra thought of every last detail and had great... Read More ideas and solutions to any potential issues even before they became apparent to me and my then fiance. Her amazing taste and professionalism are unmatched, and she helped make me feel incredibly special throughout the entire planning process and during the weddings itself. Debra has also trained an extraordinary team of women who anticipate the bridge, groom, and guest's every need. They were always available when we needed them, but were never intrusive. I can't thank or praise Debra enough for what she was able to give me. Working with her was a dream come true and I am honored to have been able to work with such a talent. She's extraordinary.

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Catherine S

There are not enough amazing things I can say about Debra. Everything about my day was perfect, from the flowers to the lighting to my dress, and I have her to thank entirely. The amount of thought, time, care and attention she put into my day made it that much more... Read More spectacular. I'm a terrible planner in general, and Debra was so patient with me and made sure that I was happy with everything. Not only is Debra amazing with the logistics of planning, she is truly an incredible person. When I was having second thoughts about my wedding dress, who did I call? Debra. When my mom and I got into a silly stress-induced argument, who got us on the same page? Debra. When I was so overwhelmed and could barely keep it together before our floral appointment, it was Debra who talked me down. She helps make the perfect balance between making sure every detail is on point, but won't let you forget what the day is really about. Right before I walked down the aisle with my dad, heart pounding and knees shaking, I turned around and got the thumbs up from Debra and I knew that the day was going to be everything I had imagined. Little did I know that it would completely exceed my wildest dreams. THANK YOU Weddings By Debra Thompson for making not just the actual wedding day, but the months leading up to it, the experience of a lifetime.

Debra is amazing!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Kaitlin P

The night we got engaged, my mom said she did her research and found us the best wedding planner in Westchester. It didn't take long for Debra & her team to prove they deserve that title. From beginning to end, Debra went above and beyond to make our wedding even more than I... Read More have ever dreamed of. Over the past year, she's become part of our family and was there morning, day, and night, to help us with planning our wedding. Her experience and connections in the industry were extremely helpful and made planning so much easier. If you are looking for someone to help you plan your wedding, Debra is the one to go to.

Deb Thompson is the BEST!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014

Weddings by Debra ensured that my wedding day was the best day of my life. The personal attention I was shown by Debra and her entire team throughout the entire planning process, and on the day of the wedding, was extraordinary and cannot be matched. Every detail was attended... Read More to, every member of my family felt heard and taken care of, and guests commented on how seamless the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and brunch the next morning were for everyone. Debra's ideas and recommendations were spot on all the time, and her team was well-trained and professional. Planning a wedding is a lot of work, and can be really stressful for a lot of people. I NEVER felt stressed, overwhelmed, or unhappy during the process. Debra took care of everything! She made me and my family feel special, she my husband and his family feel special, and she made sure all of our guests were having one of the best weekends ever. I could go on for days about the extraordinary talent of Debra and her team. We will have only the best memories of our wedding because of Weddings by Debra.

Weddings by Debra

Reviewed on 6/07/2014 Pretima P

Debra and her team worked with my husband and I at least a year in planning before our wedding. The entire team was excellent and professional. We emailed them multiple times per day and they kept in constant contact with us. The value that you get with Debra's team is great.... Read More Debra tries hard to please all members of the bridal party, not just the bride and groom.

The Calmest Wedding Planner Ever!

Reviewed on 12/17/2012 Shahona G

Debra and her staff were amazing! They calmed me down everytime I was about to lose it! They are great and highly recommended.

Thank you Debra and Team!

Reviewed on 6/01/2012 Apryl B

As soon as I spoke with Debra I knew that she was "The One". I had been planning our wedding for just about 8 months at the time and really felt I needed additional support with all of the finer points, timeline management, and details that make the day truly special. Being... Read More a bit of a type A bride, I knew that I wouldn’t be able to enjoy our wedding day as much as I should if I didn't have someone there that I trusted orchestrating the day - and I'll admit, holding my hand a little too! With Debra & her team our day was SEAMLESS, beautiful, and as close to perfect as it gets! Debra is a master of organization and wedding day management. She coordinated with all of our vendors to ensure that all were on the same schedule and everyone was where they needed to be at times they needed to be there. Any issues that may have arisen were immediately handled by Debra & her team and still weeks later I still know nothing about! Debra was an absolute pleasure to bounce ideas off of from décor to managing relationships with our vendors, which was sometimes a challenge. She has wonderful working relationships with the top vendors in Westchester which made our experience even more positive – definitely utilize these contacts! People are still commenting on the beautiful set up that Debra's team created for us using all of my specifications, followed to a T! When I did the final walk through of our reception room before the guests came in it was like I had set it up myself. The support that we received from the first consultation to the day of our wedding (and beyond) was PRICELESS. Our family and friends also enjoyed working with Debra & her team – my father is STILL talking about Debra and the amazing day she produced for us. It is an understatement to say that Debra goes above and beyond what her contract outlines. She is a true professional with a heart of gold and it is clear that she has a passion for what she does, which is also reflected in her amazing team. Weddings by Debra Thompson is truly the best that Westchester has to offer and we are so blessed to have had Debra and her amazing team as part of our wedding day!