Weddings by Debra Thompson LLC

Westchester, NY

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning

Westchester, NY

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Samantha W

Debra and her team were a huge part in bringing my wedding vision to life and I really couldn't have done it without them. The day was truly unforgettable and I keep staring at pictures to try to relive it! Both my mom and I have crazy work schedules that don't give us a ton of... Read More free time for the fun things like wedding planning. We brought Debra and her team on very early in our planning process and she was incredible at making the process run smoothly (even handling hiccups with grace under pressure when any of our vendors threw wrenches). She was so attentive and we were able to develop a genuine caring relationship with her, which helped make the day even that much more special. The whole team is incredibly detail-oriented, leaving no stone un-turned from the weeks leading up to the wedding to making sure our centerpieces were brought back to the hotel to adorn the room where brunch was being served the next day. Multiple guests have come up to me since the big day to tell me that it was the most well-run and seamlessly executed wedding they had been to. Debra and her team kept all of the vendors organized the day of, and helped us with full event production. Hiring Debra was one of our best decisions because we all felt like we were able to attend the wedding more as guests than organizers. My parents and mother-in-law spent their time mingling with friends, dancing, eating, etc. and didn't have to worry about managing the vendors and making sure everyone was where they needed to be. Debra and team created a run of show document that guided our schedule for the entire day and she made sure we stayed on track. The great relationships her and her team have built with all types of vendors made our decision process much easier and required significantly less research time than if I had tried to do it myself, which I am so thankful for. Both my husband and I would highly recommend Debra to anyone looking for a great wedding planner in the greater NYC area. She's someone we would call again and again as different family members get to this stage of life - my little sister being the likely next!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Dave D

Weddings by Debra did an incredible job for our wedding (literally incredible: it's almost impossible to believe how helpful they were)! A bit of background: my fiancée and I got engaged in January and married in August. We were in Texas for most of the time in between. My... Read More fiancée contacted Debra in May. Between May and August, Debra and her team (who are fantastic and attentive, each one of them, in a broad range of roles) helped us put together an amazing wedding that not only were my wife and I completely thrilled with, but that all of our guests loved and have been complimenting us on ever since. I would especially recommend Weddings by Debra if you are planning either 1) a very large-scale event, or 2) an event that has to meet high aesthetic standards and for which you have little time to plan. Debra's team handles complex problems very well. Some examples: about 80% of our guests were travelling in to NYC, and were coming from 3 or 4 entirely different geographic and cultural backgrounds. Debra and team helped us provide something great for everyone and wove each different aspect of our weekend into a seamless event. Another great thing about Debra is that she is totally honest: if you have a great idea, she will encourage it and never try to upsell you; and if you have a bad idea, she will tell you honestly why it's bad. Debra saved us a considerable amount of effort (and money!) by turning us away from bad ideas and towards better, more cohesive plans. Debra has many connections in the wedding industry in New York, and she used those to get us a first-rate DJ and excellent photographer who otherwise might not have been available that weekend. I must also say that Debra, Erica, Christina, and the entire team are the kindest, most patient, and most fun people you could imagine finding in the wedding business. They're the best. If you're getting married in the New York area, I encourage you to contact Weddings by Debra right away. I couldn't recommend anyone more highly!! --Dave D., married 8/20/2016 to Jill O. at St. Patrick's Cathedral, NYC.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Joe P

Weddings by Debra did an amazing job helping my husband Louis and I with our wedding at The Time Hotel in Nyack. They made sure everything was perfect. They exceeded our expectations and we are able to enjoy our wedding knowing that they were in control. Thank you again to... Read More Debra, Erica and Amy you ladies rocked it!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Anne P

The day my daughter got engaged she knew she needed a wedding planner with her and her fiancé having very busy schedules she knew it was a must. After hearing of such wonderful things about Debra and her team they scheduled an appointment to see if she was the one. Yes she was!!... Read More She confidently assured them that their day would be everything they dreamed of. Debra and her team went far and beyond with suggesting of their top choices of vendors from dresses for the the bride and bridesmaids, tuxedos, photographers, hairdressers, makeup artists, DJ,'s and transportation. Debra and her team the day of were unbelievable ! They made sure that the entire wedding party and the vendors kept on schedule stress free. We loved every minute of working with Debra and her team. They exceeded our expectations. The day went through totally flawless. We are so thankful to have worked with them throughout planning my daughters wedding. I would highly recommend Debra and her team for wedding and event planning!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jeremy G

We were so fortunate to have Debra's services on the day of our wedding. We planned our wedding from out of state but Debra and her team always made it feel we were only miles from the event coordinating process. We knew from the start we loved her when she met with us to gauge... Read More our needs and how she can meet those needs. The contracting process was easy with Debra and it is very clear that in her heart she wants to ensure her couples are getting the day they envision. Before even signing a contract Debra mentioned a venue we might love but had never considered. Fast forward and guess what? We got married at that venue! Debra made sure we stayed on track with our planning and we relied on her and her team to keep us on pace to be prepared for the big day. Without them, we would have been lost! It was comforting to know that the vendors Debra suggested had worked with her before; the industry is vast and for us being out of state, difficult to navigate without some help. Everyone Debra suggested fell within our budget and did a terrific job. We are still getting compliments about every single detail of our wedding (which, for the most part, was up to Debra and her team). Debra and her team also understood the importance of balancing difficult family dynamics throughout planning and the actual wedding day - they worked hard to make sure every VIP was treated respectfully and felt valuable. Debra and her team made sure our day was executed flawlessly! We are so grateful for their contributions to our planning process; we could not have made an event so special, and so nice, without them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Cynthia V

I don't know what I would have done without Debra and her amazing staff. We were planning our military wedding all the way from Kansas, and Debra made the entire process go so smoothly. She knew exactly what I wanted and helped me find the perfect wedding vendors. I honestly... Read More don't know what I would have done without her and am so thankful for having Debra. She made the wedding such a perfect day and I couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 John R

Debra and her team went above and beyond throughout our 14-month engagement. Because we live several hours away from the New York area, our biggest challenge was planning remotely and making the most out of each visit. Debra was a lifesaver, since she helped us narrow down our... Read More vendor options and simplify our decisions; having a shortlist of her top recommendations for photographers, hairdressers, and more made our lives much more manageable - and we loved all of the vendors we went with! Debra was attentive and accessible, always keeping us track throughout our 14-month engagement but also never rushing us. She offered plenty of guidance and great ideas that we incorporated into our big day, but she also respected all of our wishes and ensured that the ceremony and reception reflected who we are as a couple. She went out of her way to work with our parents and other family members, answering any questions they might have in the run-up to the big day. On the day of our wedding, Debra and her team were top-notch. They coordinated our huge bridal party, ensured that guests always got from Point A to Point B, and kept track of what every vendor was accountable for. Everything ran smoothly, according to their detailed schedule, and just knowing that they were on top of all of these details was a huge weight off of our shoulders. It allowed us to take in everything and truly be in the moment on the happiest day of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Marissa C

When my wife and I first started planning our wedding we thought we could handle it on our own, no big deal, how hard could it be? After about a week of doing research and taking notes we quickly realized we needed help. We spoke to our venue organizer who highly recommended... Read More Weddings by Debra. Our first call with Debra was so informative we knew right away she was the one we would use to help us plan our special day. Debra has wedding producers who assist with her planning procedures and day of event production, two of which, Aimee and Erica, jumped at the opportunity to help guide us along the way. My wife and I had so many questions and uncertainties about every little detail, thankfully the ladies were always available and are full of knowledge (what vendors to use, flower selection, hair, makeup, tuxedo, you name it). Looking back now we clearly see that our perfect day wouldn’t have turned out the way it did if it wasn’t for the tremendous help from Debra and team. From the very first phone call to even weeks after the wedding, Aimee, Erica and Debra were right there to help us without hesitation or delay. We can assure from first-hand experience that Debra and her team are hands down the best in the business. Along with an overwhelming knowledge of all that is weddings, Debra and her producers are the kindest sweetest most comforting team we’ve ever had the pleasure of working with, professionally and personally. Some people ask if we could do it all over is there anything we would change? Sure, there are a few things; but we wouldn’t dream of doing it without Weddings by Debra. So if you find yourself reading this review and comparing Debra to other event producers, trust me when I say you can stop right now and give Debra a call; you won’t regret it. - Jason and Marissa PS – We gave five stars because they don’t allow for six.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Christina P

Debra and her staff are truly AMAZING!!! I knew from the moment I got engaged, (which was also supported by Weddings By Debra) there was absolutely no way we could plan our wedding without her. Debra truly puts her whole heart into her work. She “dotted every I and crossed... Read More everyT,” while keeping our vision in mind from day one. Every meeting with our vendors was balanced and organized thanks to Debra. She listened to our hopes and dreams and added her own creative suggestions, which helped to make our wedding that much more of a day to remember. The day of went equally as smooth. Erica B and Erica P were with my husband and I from the early morning until the end of the night making sure that we had everything we needed and smiles on our faces. Michelle was also a great support at the church greeting all of our guests and supporting transportation to and from the venue. We are still getting pictures and phone calls about it being one of the best weddings people have ever been too! With Debra and her team producing the wedding, I don't think it could have gone any better. They become a part of the family and we were so grateful to have them with us every step of the way.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Victoria S

I don’t know what more to say other than having Debra Thompson as my wedding planner was absolutely invaluable to me and my family and she helped make my wedding dreams come true! I worked with Deb and her team from the time I got engaged to even after my wedding. From the first... Read More meeting with Deb, she understood me and my vision for the wedding (unlike other planners who have their own ideas of what they think you should have and can be pushy). Deb was my lifeline during planning. She worked with me day in and day out (I think I spoke with her at least twice a week during planning) and that is one of the things that truly makes her special. She has a personal touch in everything she does and gets to know her clients so well to ensure their day is seamless. Having Deb was the best money spent hands down. We had a very customized wedding with a unique venue that required everything to be brought in which requires a lot of coordination. I never worried about a thing since Debra had lists of all vendors and was on top of things even before I could think of them. She also recommend the best vendors in the business. Every company she recommended went above and beyond for us. From photography to floral to custom linens, everyone we worked with was amazing! On the day of my wedding, Deb and her team were absolutely phenomenal! I really can’t say enough about how hands on they were and anticipated me and my family’s every need. They also knew almost all my family members well by the wedding day since we had been planning together for some time. Before I could even ask for something, Deb and her girls were already on it! This type of help is priceless on your wedding day when nerves are high and many things are going on at once. My advice to any bride would be that I would highly recommend a wedding planner, even for the most organized and savvy individuals because on your wedding day, you shouldn’t have to worry about anything. And having a planner before the wedding day is even more important because they know the ins and outs of your vision and plan. I wouldn’t recommend anyone other than Debra Thompson. Working with Debra will help make every step of your wedding planning and wedding day journey as special as can be! Thank you Debra for all you did for me, my husband and my family. You have a gift and talent for wedding planning and I feel honored to have been a Debra Thompson bride! <3 Victoria

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Lynthia R

As mother of the bride, I would give Debra Thompson and her amazing team more stars if you offered them. From the initial planning through to flawless execution of the wedding weekend events, she guided us to selections of professional, experienced and very NICE vendors; she... Read More helped us plan carefully, stay on track and keep an eye on budget; and most of all helped my daughter realize her vision in a very personal and meaningful way. The wedding was warm, elegant and lots of fun - we have received so many compliments! Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Abby H

The best of the BEST! I was a maid-of-honor in my best friend's wedding and Debra even made MY life easier!!! She is so kind, so calm and SO organized! She is on top of every detail and made the entire day feel totally seamless. Definitely the best of the best in wedding... Read More planning and coordination. Thank you Debra!!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Ryan M

Hiring Debra and her team for our wedding was the absolute best decision we could possibly have made for our wedding! From the first time that we met Debra, she emphasized that we should feel like a guest at our own wedding and we cannot articulate enough how true that actually... Read More was. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding and a large part of that was a testament to Debra and her team. It's truly hard to explain all of the ways in which Debra helped us. She was engrained in every aspect of our process - whether it's suggesting different vendors given her personal experiences, keeping us on task every part of the way, managing us to be significantly under-budget, coordinating extensive logistics, or just being another helpful voice with whom to discuss the wedding. There have only been a handful of days over the last year that we weren't in contact with Debra, which shows how truly involved she was. After all the preparations, not once did we feel any planning pressure, which is unlike many of our friends that have gone through their own weddings. We knew that it was all leading to the most magical day of our lives and we are glad to have had Debra be a part of it!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kira P

Debra and her team are amazing. No job is too big or too small for them and they seem to cover bases you didn't even know were there. Not only was Debra and one of her team at my wife's house helping get her into her dress and assisting the bridesmaids, but she also had one of... Read More her team at my hotel suite, steaming my groomsmen's tuxes and shirts while keeping us on schedule. She helped the venue with setup of our main reception room and ensured that our ceremony went off, flawlessly. Debra and her team are top-tier!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Tom & Tony P

I've been working with Debra Thompson for many years and she is easily, the most professional and well rounded event planner I've ever come across. Many event planners focus on their area of comfort such as decor or floral design. Debra is knowledgable in every area of any type... Read More of event. Whether you're discussing catering, decor, music, floral design, transportation, venue selections, accommodations, etc., she's got insightful and invaluable advice to impart to her clients. Most importantly, she understands the impact that each of these areas have on an event. I've recently had the pleasure of having her produce a showcase for my band and she made the planning of the event an enjoyable and productive process. On the day of the showcase, she and her team were invaluable in helping to coordinate the logistics and communicate with our guests. She was imperative to the organization of the event in so many ways and reduced a lot of stress for me and my team. I'm fortunate to be able to work with Debra in different capacities and on regular occasion.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kelly N

If you're planning a wedding, you need to hire Debra and her team right now. My fiance and I started planning on our own with the help of my parents and were quickly overwhelmed. Hiring Debra was the best decision we made, she immediately hit the ground running and calmed all... Read More our fears. She is professional, experienced, and highly detail oriented. She is a type-a person's dream come true, you can trust her to produce the wedding of your dreams. Our wedding was truly magical! As our wedding day approached everyone was asking my fiance are you nervous, is everything ready? His response, everything's good we've got Debra. Debra is truly the best and she will not let you down. We miss her already and can't wait to connect with her again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Brian C

Debra and her staff were exceptionally professional and courteous--and they had the instinct and knowledge to help in any situation. Besides flawless scheduling and direction of wedding guests, these ladies know how to calm nerves, how to fix hair, and even came prepared to... Read More touch-up makeup during the photo session. I can't speak highly enough of this company. I was truly blessed to have them help on our special day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Silvana P

DEB IS THE BEST!! Deb and her team did an amazing job of coordinating our wedding. We really couldn't have done it without her. Deb is professional, reliable, and has incredible contacts in the area. She's not only a fantastic coordinator but also quickly becomes a close friend.... Read More My husband and I still say that hiring Deb was the best money we spent. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Debra and her team are amazing. I cannot imagine having planned our wedding without her help and guidance. She is highly experienced, knows the area very well, and has excellent sensibilities on what works and what doesn't work. She thinks of things that we would never have... Read More thought of, and attended to every detail in the day-of production. My wife and I both had our own "body person" who assisted us throughout the entire wedding day and made sure we had everything we needed. Everything ran so smoothly thanks to them. Even after the wedding, they have helped us follow up with vendors as needed. Debra and her team truly go above and beyond. I highly recommend her -- you will be very happy you chose her!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Irene H

I cannot express how amazing and perfect Debra and her team was in helping plan and execute my best day ever. She was invaluable throughout the planning process because she knew all the right vendors in Westchester and NYC and helped me save a lot of time when I needed her... Read More advice. Debra and her team also understood my vision and was our number one advocate when working with our vendors. I know she had other clients but I felt like she made me such a priority! What I also observed was that the vendors not only wanted to make me happy but keep her happy which was important for credibility and execution. She even helped me stick to my budget! On our wedding day, my fiancé told me that working with Debra was one the best decisions I made during this process. It doesn't end here. In the weeks leading up to our weekend as well as the wedding day, Debra and her team was so diligent in making sure every detail was checked, confirmed and organized. I went into the wedding weekend fairly calm for a bride BC I knew Debra and her team was going to take care of everything. She told me that all I had to do was relax and have fun BC it was her team's job to take care of everything and they did! Her team made agendas not only for the bridal party and VIPs but for all the vendors, kept everyone on schedule and took responsibility for some of the reception details that some caterers and vendors may not do perfectly. And as expected, the entire day was executed flawlessly and smoothly and all my husband and I had to do was have a good time which is one of the main reasons why we wanted to hire Debra and a wedding planner. Why spend months of planning not to enjoy your wedding day and worry about the details. Debra and her team not only were serious professionals but also treated us like family and I knew they wanted to make our day perfect. I have the utmost respect and confidence in her team and I couldn't have had the perfect wedding weekend without them!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Edith O

Debra and her team are truly the best! They made our military wedding an absolutely exquisite event. My husband is in the United States Marine Corps and was stationed in North Carolina but I wanted to get married in my home state of New York. My fears were running high... Read More especially living out of state from where my wedding occurred so I set up an appointment with Weddings by Debra Thompson. I cried my eyes out but Debra reassured me every that everything would be fine. She was the relief I needed to get through this time. From finding the the best vendors, to planning and coordinating, even her ability to keep me on budget was just extraordinary. Debra tapped into understanding me and my husband and she delivered. Sometimes I thought she was nuts with some of her ideas but I'll tell you she was spot on with everything she suggested. So I will graciously bow down to her ideas anytime!! DEBRA KNOWS HER STUFF! The whole crew stayed in constant contact with me through a year of planning. I felt like they were part of my family. I can still hear Deb's unforgettable voice in my ear! I miss these ladies and I'm ready for another event put together by them. Their level of professionalism and service CANNOT be matched. The attention to detail was at the level of a person with OCD and I loved it!!! There is no way I could've done it without them. Our wedding will be remembered by us and our friends and family forever. Everyone was blown away by the elegance and how smoothly it ran. We owe Weddings by Debra Thompson everything...including our first born child :) I cry each time I see pictures or video from our day because I still can't believe that my dream wedding came true. I would highly recommend Debra and her team to coordinate any event that you have. They are well worth every penny and you will be able to relax and enjoy your event. Thanks Deb we love you and are so grateful for making us feel very welcomed through the whole wedding process. We will never forget you all!!! Edith and Nick

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

My wedding was the best day of my life. I married the man of my dreams surrounded by close friends and family, and had the amazing expertise of Debra Thompson and her team on my side ever step of the way. From the beginning, Debra thought of every last detail and had great... Read More ideas and solutions to any potential issues even before they became apparent to me and my then fiance. Her amazing taste and professionalism are unmatched, and she helped make me feel incredibly special throughout the entire planning process and during the weddings itself. Debra has also trained an extraordinary team of women who anticipate the bridge, groom, and guest's every need. They were always available when we needed them, but were never intrusive. I can't thank or praise Debra enough for what she was able to give me. Working with her was a dream come true and I am honored to have been able to work with such a talent. She's extraordinary.

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Catherine S

There are not enough amazing things I can say about Debra. Everything about my day was perfect, from the flowers to the lighting to my dress, and I have her to thank entirely. The amount of thought, time, care and attention she put into my day made it that much more... Read More spectacular. I'm a terrible planner in general, and Debra was so patient with me and made sure that I was happy with everything. Not only is Debra amazing with the logistics of planning, she is truly an incredible person. When I was having second thoughts about my wedding dress, who did I call? Debra. When my mom and I got into a silly stress-induced argument, who got us on the same page? Debra. When I was so overwhelmed and could barely keep it together before our floral appointment, it was Debra who talked me down. She helps make the perfect balance between making sure every detail is on point, but won't let you forget what the day is really about. Right before I walked down the aisle with my dad, heart pounding and knees shaking, I turned around and got the thumbs up from Debra and I knew that the day was going to be everything I had imagined. Little did I know that it would completely exceed my wildest dreams. THANK YOU Weddings By Debra Thompson for making not just the actual wedding day, but the months leading up to it, the experience of a lifetime.

Debra is amazing!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Kaitlin P

The night we got engaged, my mom said she did her research and found us the best wedding planner in Westchester. It didn't take long for Debra & her team to prove they deserve that title. From beginning to end, Debra went above and beyond to make our wedding even more than I... Read More have ever dreamed of. Over the past year, she's become part of our family and was there morning, day, and night, to help us with planning our wedding. Her experience and connections in the industry were extremely helpful and made planning so much easier. If you are looking for someone to help you plan your wedding, Debra is the one to go to.

Deb Thompson is the BEST!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014

Weddings by Debra ensured that my wedding day was the best day of my life. The personal attention I was shown by Debra and her entire team throughout the entire planning process, and on the day of the wedding, was extraordinary and cannot be matched. Every detail was attended... Read More to, every member of my family felt heard and taken care of, and guests commented on how seamless the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and brunch the next morning were for everyone. Debra's ideas and recommendations were spot on all the time, and her team was well-trained and professional. Planning a wedding is a lot of work, and can be really stressful for a lot of people. I NEVER felt stressed, overwhelmed, or unhappy during the process. Debra took care of everything! She made me and my family feel special, she my husband and his family feel special, and she made sure all of our guests were having one of the best weekends ever. I could go on for days about the extraordinary talent of Debra and her team. We will have only the best memories of our wedding because of Weddings by Debra.

Start a Conversation!