Wells Reserve at Laudholm

Wells, ME

Discover a Spectacular Seaside Estate

The Wells Reserve at Laudholm is filled with natural beauty and boasts a rich history. Hundreds of acres of protected land surround a hilltop barn with lots of character, so you have space to celebrate and room to roam. Book a weekend between May and October to ease your mind and wow your guests.

Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue

342 Laudholm Farm Road, Wells, ME (207) 646-4521

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kate C

We had our wedding at the Wells Reserve at Laudholm in mid-October and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting! When you rent out the property, you get it for the entire weekend. We had our rehearsal dinner in the barn on Friday night, our ceremony there Saturday... Read More afternoon and our reception in a tent and in the barn that evening. We were struggling to find somewhere that could accommodate our ~250 guests, and this was perfect! We had a sit down dinner in the tent and then transitioned to the barn for drinks and dancing. We had heaters, since it was 30 degrees, and it was definitely warm enough inside. You're able to pick all of your own vendors, which was great, and folks had a wonderful time exploring the area. We used Express Events catering for the food, and they were familiar with the venue. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Patrick F

My husband and I got married at Wells Reserve last weekend. It was the perfect setting! We held our welcome party, ceremony and reception, and send-off brunch there. Tracy is very responsive to questions and easy to work with, and you have your choice of vendors. They also... Read More have a few nice "props" from the working farm days and leftover from other weddings that you can use. The venue is really just a shell, so if you're not into DIY or hiring a full-service planner, it might be overwhelming because you do need to bring in everything from decor to chairs, dishes, linens, etc., it probably wouldn't be a great choice, but it was absolutely stunning for us! Our guests loved it, and so did we. -Luisa S.

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Jess H

After looking at several barn venues in Southern Maine, my husband and I visited Laudholm Farm and instantly knew it was where we wanted to host our wedding. The grounds are gorgeous - our guests loved milling about before the ceremony and during cocktail hour - and we chose to... Read More have our ceremony under the grand old beech tree. It makes such a statement on its own that we really didn't need additional decorations. At 140 guests, we chose to have dinner in a tent, and used the barn for dancing, a lounge, and the bar. PROS: The staff at Laudholm is great to work with and your venue fee supports an important mission; unlike most barns you have access to bathrooms and a kitchen prep area; music is allowed until 12:30 a.m. CONS: Like most barn venues, hidden costs abound with rentals -- you must bring in chairs, tables, catering equipment, etc. While the venue fee seemed cheap initially, we paid about 2x the amount in rentals. If I had to do it all again, I would absolutely choose Laudholm Farm. The setting is so picturesque, and I love that my husband and I can go back there whenever we want to walk the trails and reminisce.

Beautiful wedding weekend at Laudholm Farm

Reviewed on 8/09/2011 Sarah P

Laudholm Farm is a part of the Wells Reserve. When you rent this venue, you and your guests have use of the property for the entire weekend. We did rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and a Sunday brunch all on the property. The caretaker was amazing - the barn was... Read More beautiful - and the scenery was peaceful and stunning in every direction. There is plenty of parking and a full kitchen for your caterers. Above all of this, we know our rental fee went to help the Wells Reserve and preserve the birds, beaches, and nature all around the area. This was an outstanding location!

Start a Conversation!