Cakes + Desserts

636 Belgrade Street, Philadelphia, PA (215) 598-5449

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 KRISTEN M

Amazing!! The whole process of booking Whipped Bakeshop for our wedding was so easy and pleasant! Our tasting was excellent and we were able to decide on a cupcake tower (about 5 different flavors of cupcakes in total), and a small cutting cake for me and my husband. Whipped was... Read More able to provide ideas of what the cake looked like and we were able to come up with something that matched the theme of my invitations! They also delivered to my venue in King of Prussia and assembled the cupcakes on the tower we provided. Everyone commented on how delicious the cupcakes were and that they were able to try out multiple flavors and loved them all! Can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017

Please note, the following review is based solely on my Customer Service experience of this bakery, and I have not personally tried their baked goods. However, from the bad taste (pun intended!) my interaction with this business has left in my mouth, I am hesitant to further... Read More consider this bakery for my wedding needs. I decided to schedule a tasting with Whipped. I submitted a form to schedule a tasting. I received a call from Clarissa, in regards to the form I submitted. Let me begin by saying that she started the tone of the conversation by denying me services. At no point did she make alternative offers, I had to lead the conversation further and pull information out of her.My wedding venue is in Reading, PA, so she stated that they do not deliver that far. Which is completely understandable. Pause. Me: Ok, well can I pick it up instead? Yeah, I guess, but you would have to come pick it up. Pause. Me: Ok (umm duh). Pause. And we are only open until 6p on Saturday and closed on Sundays (my wedding is on a Sunday). I said I would pick it up no problem, she couldn't follow it up by well where are you located, we may be able to deliver to you directly. I understand that Reading is outside your delivery area, how about you offer me some options Clarissa instead of discouraging me to utilize your services. After a longer than needed conversation and trying to keep Clarissa long enough on the phone, as if I was trying to win her business and convince her to please provide me with a cake, she got around to scheduling the tasting. I said that my guest list is 50. AUDIBLE EXASPERATED GASP! Well, we don't really do tastings for weddings that size. Really? Isn't the point of a tasting to win your customers over, regardless of size? Annoyed AF she says, we can offer you our samples box and you can pick them up. BTW- there is no option for less than 75 people to choose from, how about you make it an option or make it a note on your website. Just saying Whipped. We go over the details of the cakes I wanted to sample, and date to pick up. We finally decide on a pick up date and time for my plebeian sample cakes. Clarissa segued right into payment and asked me for my credit card number. I said I was at work and didn't have my card on me at the moment. Petulant five-year-old is snobbier than ever now and huffed at me saying that we require payment up front and I cannot pay at pickup. Alright it may be policy and all, just don't be a f***ing b*** *about it Clarissa. I give her my credit card info over the phone and she says she will send me an email confirmation. Clarissa calls me back in a huff saying she has processed my card TWICE and it was declined. I log in to my bank information and see the charges TWICE for $35, the sample cake tastings are only supposed to be $25 mind you. So I tell her that I am showing both charges on my end. She says oh yeah I think we've been having some issues with running cards today, somebody else had the same problem. If Clarissa had half a brain she would put two and two together and apologize for the inconvenience and that she would follow up with me. She says nothing has processed on her end in a very accusatory tone. She asks me to call my bank and inquire about these charges because on her end nothing went through and to call her back after I resolve things with my bank!! You want me to call my bank and have them reverse the two charges you made? Needless to say I am not using them for my wedding!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Susan H

Zoe and her team did a fabulous job on our daughter's wedding cake! The guests are still talking about how delicious the cake tasted, and she even made some adorable "LOVE" cookies for our Welcome bags. We stopped by her bakery and it is clear that she takes total pride in... Read More making the perfect wedding cake for the bride and groom!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Jillian D

Whipped provided us with the exact kind of cake we were looking for. Our dessert was waffles & ice cream for our wedding, so we just needed a single tier, simple cake for the photos / tradition of cutting the cake. Whipped worked with us and we settled on a very reasonably... Read More priced cake that was delicious and beautiful! It was exactly what we wanted. :) Thanks, Whipped!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 David D

Fabulous service! Fabulous grooms cake! Even better than I expected! The cake was amazingly decorated (Soccer club theme) AND it was delicious! Fairly priced for such great detail and flavor! Highly recommended! So easy to deal with! A++++++

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Amanda C

We ordered five different types of cupcakes and a mini cake "topper" for cake cutting from Whipped Bakeshop. My husband and I attended a tasting at Whipped and met with Lisa, who was pleasant and very helpful. Overall, Zoe and her staff were wonderful to work with and the... Read More cupcakes were delicious. Many of our guests were raving about them both during and after the wedding! Additionally, Zoe and her staff delivered the cupcakes to our venue (Barn at Ridgeland Mansion in Fairmount Park) and set them up beautifully. I highly recommend Whipped Bakeshop for weddings or other events.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015

A lot of cake places get raves reviews, but after tasting cake from 5 different vendors, I can truly say that Whipped is exceptional. We wanted a chocolate wedding cake with chocolate frosting and Whipped nailed it. Whipped make a truly outstanding cake that not only tasted... Read More fabulous, but also looked wonderful! We are very fussy about food and had a clear vision for our cake - moist, chocolatey and rich, but not too rich. No one uses better quality or tasting chocolate than Whipped and the results really showed. Everyone raved about the cake! Working with Whipped was truly a pleasure. We had strange experiences with other vendors, one of which was not respectful that we are a same sex couple, another who reminded us repeatedly that our cake wouldn't be white, as if we are stupid! Whipped was engaged, embracing and most of all, wanted to please us. They came up with a design that exactly suited our tastes. It was so much fun to look at our cake table all night and salivate over our chocolate masterpiece. We loved the cake so much, we decided to eat our anniversary cake far before our anniversary and order a new one for the actual anniversary!

Amazing cake

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Allison F

We fell in love with Whipped after tasting multiple delicious options for cakes at our tasting and the actual cake at our wedding did not disappoint. The cake was absolutely delicious and we still have guests raving about how good our cake was. The cake also looked absolutely... Read More beautiful and exactly as we had discussed. Whipped was extremely easy to work with and coordinated everything with our venue and florist, as we had fresh flowers on our cake, which made things much less stressful. Would definitely recommend!!

Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Sarah H

We had cupcakes at our wedding along with a cake (not from This bakery) The cupcakes were super cute, most were very dense cake. There were a few that I thought were odd flavor combinations (lavender butter icing). The red velvet and chocolate cupcakes were my favorite! I... Read More will be visiting here again for cupcakes!

Best cupcakes in Philly!

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Yuhong X

Very very professional and helpful with the decision making. However, the one disappointment was with the cupcake stand. It wasn't as the website showed which was a acrylic clear stand. What came was a nice cardboard one. It still looked classy but the one on the website... Read More would have been stellar. Even that being said, they did a fantastic job!

DO IT.

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Mary Z

Holy f’ing crap, I am so happy I went with Whipped for our wedding cupcakes. The service was excellent and they clearly care deeply about making customers happy. And oh, we were very happy together, those cupcakes and I. We ordered four flavors: Vanilla, red velvet w/... Read More buttercream, chocolate peanut butter, and carrot cake. The first three were all my favorites, and I plan on finding an excuse to order them for family parties from now on. I’m not even a big cake person, but these were phenomenal. After the wedding, we froze some so we could eat them throughout the next week or so. They all kept beautifully and were somehow still moist when we thawed them out. AMAZING. They came to set up the cupcakes and our venue loved them, even though they had never worked together before. Everything was done perfectly and well in advance. We had nothing to worry about. Definitely suggest them!

Good cakes

Reviewed on 6/13/2011 Laura S

People loved the carrot cake cupcakes we ordered! They were snatched up so quickly that we barely got to try one. I would say that the chocolate icing was not so great. I prefer their old fashioned icing to the whipped stuff--it was sweet and it felt like cool whip. I know... Read More people want to have a chocolate cake at their wedding, but I would skip this one and opt for their banana or carrot instead, they were moist and gone first.

Delicious and beautiful

Reviewed on 8/26/2010 Laura B

I've been a fan of Whipped Bakeshop since they opened. Everything they bake is absolutely delicious and artfully beautiful. I have had their cakes at many parties and it always leaves all the guests raving about the cake and wanting more. Not only was the cake exactly what... Read More we wanted, a simple beautiful garden themed cake but, amazing. The guests all raved about the cake, even the caterer commented that it was the best wedding cake he ever had. I highly recommend Whipped Bakeshop, for your wedding. It will be memorable just like the day should be.