Modern Couples. Timeless Images.

Moments that stop time deserve timeless images. We create your first family heirloom. To set up an appointment, give us a call at 210-621-4751. We look forward to meeting you!

Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

San Antonio, TX San Antonio, TX + Destination (210) 621-4751
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Elena A

When I sat down with my husband to make our list of must-haves v. nice-to-have in our wedding, we knew that working with the right photographer was top priority to us. We wanted our pictures to tell a story and capture each moment perfectly, especially because my in-laws would... Read More not be able to join us to celebrate our wedding. Our pictures would be the only way for them to experience this day. After researching many options we always came back to Sarah: there was something so serene and deliberately spontaneous about her pictures, and it was exactly how we wanted to remember our wedding. We're so glad to have worked with Sarah: she captured every detail in our ceremony and reception that we worked on for months to make sure it was gorgeous, but most importantly - how delighted and happy our guests were to be with us! Some of her shots had me thinking "how did she get that?!" because I never felt her hovering over us or even sensed that she was nearby. Sarah was probably the easiest to work with of my wedding vendors. Her experience shows: Sarah provided a detailed timeline of pre and post ceremony photos (with our input) that I was able to plug-in directly to my day-of run-of-show, she maximized our time for each session, took on the director role to help us find the right angles for posed photos, was incredibly agile with a large group of people and on all fronts very professional in the way she treated us. I appreciate that she was honest and worked within our budget. We were contemplating a second shooter for the ceremony which would have been an additional cost, and Sarah reassured us she could handle both our guests and us to get those real/candid shots of us all in the moment. And she did! We can't wait to work with Sarah again. I'm already thinking of anniversary photos...family pictures...everything special that we want to capture about our life.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Jessica O

Sarah is absolutely fantastic! From the first time we met, my husband and I fell in love! We loved how down to earth she is, and how she really got to know us on a personal level. Her work is truly amazing! We booked Sarah for our engagements, bridals, and day of wedding.... Read More With each session we received photos extremely fast! I loved how she let us be ourselves in each one of our photos, and really loved how she utilizes the natural light in her work as well! You can really see all of the hard work she puts into each photo! I highly recommend Whitewood Photography for anyone in search of a photographer. Truly AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 4/22/2016

My wife and I were happily married two weeks ago and could not be more pleased with Whitewood Photography. Sarah was absolutely professional from beginning to end; providing us all the needed information of the packages she offered, taking our beautiful engagement photos,... Read More keeping an open communication before our big day to make sure we were all on the same page. Having never been in front of the camera before, and not knowing what to expect, Sarah was able to make us feel really relaxed on the day of our wedding and was able to capture amazing pictures of the fun and natural feel of the party. Sarah absolutely captured the moments that will make memories of our big day! All of our guests have commented on how friendly she was and have all been very impressed with her photographs. We 100% without a doubt in our mind would recommend Whitewood Photography for any photographic needs, and will definitely be coming back for more. We couldn't have wished any more from Sarah! Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Jesse A

Beautiful pictures! You did a fantastic job at Isy and Robby's wedding! You caught some of the most amazing moments on film 💕

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Isabel B

Sarah with Whitewood Photography is absolutely amazing at her work. She captured our engagement and wedding day pictures and blew us away with our photos. She will not disappoint, guaranteed!! Thank you so much again!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Michael S

We are very happy with our photos from the wedding! The photographers were very nice and helpful. I'd definitely recommend Whitewood Photography.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Ashley F

As the MOH/sister of the bride; I was entitled with the job of keeping the bride from freaking out! The wedding was on 6/3/17, with two different sites for the reception and ceremony; Sarah was very proficient and had a timeline made out for everything including travel time!... Read More There were several things going wrong the day of the wedding, but the photographer, Sarah, was on point! She was very professional and friendly! I know my sister was very relieved to know that she had a photographer that was going to be reliable. Throughout the wedding Sarah and the second photographer were able to capture moments without being to noticeable. After looking at the photos, and seeing how Sarah works, I would definitely recommend her to friends with upcoming engagements!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Nick L

My wife and I originally had a incredibly hard time with photographers- we hadn't had the best of luck and were feeling defeated as the wedding was getting closer. We stumbled upon Whitewood Photography through the Knot, and I can't begin to say how happy we were with our choice... Read More in picking Sarah to do our wedding photos! She was so easy to talk to and a very down-to-earth person. Sarah is very talented and she documented our wedding with great detail. There was never a time where we felt confused or stressed with her. She answered all are questions and concerns and was very easy to contact via text, email, or phone call. We recently got our wedding photos back and absolutely love them! Our second photographer, Demetrius, was also great and very easy to work with the day of the wedding. We are very happy we chose Whitewood Photography!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Emily F

Sarah was so helpful and amazing during the months leading up to our wedding! I can't say enough how great she is. She always answered my questions and concerns regarding the fine details and made sure that I was informed about everything that would happen the day of. She did a... Read More fantastic job with our wedding photos as well as my bridals. I highly recommend Whitewood photography! Sarah is incredibly talented and it definitely shows through her work.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Kara H

We got married on 5/20/2017 and we are so happy we hired Whitewood Photography! Sarah and her partner Josh were amazing. They caught all of the best moments and they seemed like they had a good time doing it. Sarah was always smiling and very helpful. She had great direction for... Read More us (who knows how to model for photos? I don't...). She also was very organized for the group photos so they were seamless. Overall I'd highly recommend Whitewood Photography to anyone looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Paul M

Whitewood photography did an outstanding job for our wedding. Our pictures turned out amazing. I would highly recommend using Sarah services for your photography needs. She will give you first class service.

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 wanda b

Our son was married last month at a beautiful Mission Church in San Antonio and the photograpy was amazing! The interior of the church was captured with all its intricacies and magic. I would definitely recommend Whitewood..

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Jennifer H

Sarah from Whitewood Photography is a top-notch photographer. She is friendly, easy-going, and very professional. She and her assistant recently photographed my daughter's wedding and did a fantastic job, we couldn't be happier with the results... beautiful and unique shots that... Read More we will treasure forever!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Lisa H

My husband and I were married in San Antonio in March 2017. I am so glad we found Sarah to photograph our wedding! First, and foremost, the photographs turned out beautiful. She captured so many special moments throughout the day of friends and family that we will treasure... Read More forever. If you are looking for a very natural, photojournalist style of photography for your wedding, this is your girl! She was professional, kind, very organized, anticipated our needs, and was on top of communication from the first time we contacted her through receiving the final photos. I highly recommend Whitewood Photography!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Amy S

Whitewood photography was wonderful! They captured all the important moments as well as some lovely private and candid ones. They were a dream to work with - professional, friendly, reasonable. We are so pleased with how everything has come out - bridal portraits, engagement... Read More session, and wedding. They were willing to go with some of our weirder/unusual ideas, which ended up being some of our favorites. They were also great at communication without being overbearing. We look forward to hiring them again when our family starts to expand.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Carla O

Whitewood Photography was amazing! We never knew the photographers were even there, they were so discrete and out of the way. After viewing the photos it was "Wow how did they get these shots... we never saw them!" I highly recommend Whitewood Photography. They capture the... Read More moments you will treasure a lifetime.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Veronica W

Words can't express how phenomenal Sarah was!!! She always kept communication open via email or text. Her creativity and photos are beautiful !!! I will definitely be using her in the near future for family photos!!!! Would recommend for brides and those needing professional... Read More photos. And even during my busy big day she helped keep everything moving smoothly!!! Awesome !!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 David V

Sarah was such a wonderful part of our wedding celebration. Her images and professionalism were top notch, but the difference maker was her personality. She seamlessly integrated into all of our events. Her warm, charming, personable manner made her right at home with our... Read More guests. Her ability to endear herself with our family, friends, and guests allowed her to get amazing pictures, but not be in the way of fun or exciting moments. I could not recommend her more highly to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Jacquelyn O

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WHITEWOOD PHOTOGRAPHY!! I was a Maid of Honor and sister of the Bride. The photos came out STUNNING!! I would highly recommend to anyone looking for photos to be taken!! Was well organized and the pictures the day of went extremely smoothly. During the... Read More reception I didn't even notice them taking photos, THEY ARE THAT GOOD! The moments captured are PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL!! Well worth more than 5 stars!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Tara S

Sarah, of Whitewood Photography did a phenomenal job capturing our special day. From day one of working with Sarah, she set out to make our experience as personalized and stress-free as possible. We wished to skew our pictures towards candids over posed formals, which Sarah... Read More was able to easily accommodate, bringing in a trusted second photographer for better coverage of our wedding and reception. Both photographs did an excellent job. Our Hill Country wedding was not without its hitches. We put an order in for blue skies at sunset, but received grey clouds and drizzle instead. Fortunately, our amazing photographer was not only able to capture wonderful shots in the afternoon overcast, but also made precision use of the 20 minutes of actual sunlight that broke through the clouds after our ceremony. As the evening progressed and our guests dispersed between the indoor dance floor and outdoor back porch and fire pit, Sarah and her partner unobtrusively captured so many great candid shots of the festivities. Our guests loved the photobooth that Sarah was able to arrange for us; although it was from a separate business, everything went through Sarah without us having to hassle with vetting yet another vendor. After our big day, all prints were delivered to us promptly, in high quality, on charming wooden USB sticks. The photo album that Sarah put together for us was exquisitely professional, immaculately curated with minimal input from us (by our request), and most importantly, captured the heart and soul of our special evening.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Vanessa R

Ahh Sarah is amazing! She did our engagement photos as well as the wedding. She is so professional and sweet. The photos came out wonderful. I keep receiving messages from family and guests about how great they were. I will recommend her to anyone and hope to use her in the... Read More future.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Adriana G

Whitewood photography was absolutely amazing! Sarah caputured so many moments and we couldn't be happier with our photos. The entire process from beginning to end was organized, professional, and stress free. I would recommend her to anyone! Her work is truly amazing!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Christine R

Sarah captured some truly beautiful moments of my sons wedding. All our family and friend pictures are absolutely fabulous! #HappilyEverKare&Brian

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Jessica G

My girls wedding pictures came out amazing! Whitewood captured some truly amazing moments of Kare and Brian's special day. Glad I was a part of it!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Brian M

Whitewood captured the most amazing and romantic moments of our ceremony and reception. Thank you Sarah for making this possible! - Brian McClellan 9.3.16 Sunset Station

Sarah Owens

Hi! I'm Sarah - the owner and primary photographer for Whitewood Photography. I have been in the wedding photography industry for well over a decade and have photographed countless weddings. I received my Bachelor’s in Photojournalism from UT Austin, and I am a member of Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA). I love to travel and got to spend 4 years living in Germany. I can't resist a good wine, chocolate, or an avocado margarita (if you haven't had one, you haven't lived!) I work alongside by husband John, and we have two small kids.