Whitewood Photography

Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

San Antonio, TX + Destination

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Lindsay C

Sarah was phenomenal to work with! She did our engagement photos and our wedding - and I highly recommend doing both with her. The engagement session allows for some time to get know her and vice versa -- and she made both of us feel super comfortable. We didn't expect to have... Read More so much fun taking photos! She is also incredibly organized, thorough, easy-going and creative -- she even worked with me to stay within our budget, which was super important to us! Another great thing about Whitewood Photography is the promptness -- she had the engagement photos to me within a week and the wedding photos in three weeks. That's unheard of! At the wedding - she got great photos of every part of the evening, and you would never even know she was there! She was like a creative ninja! We are thrilled with the results. Now it's trying to decide which ones to print! Aye! Overall -- Sarah was a delight to work with and I believe she is hands down one of the best wedding photographers in San Antonio. I recommend her 100% to any bride looking for an incredible photographer! You will not be disappointed. :)

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Casey A

I'm so late to write this review but Sarah & Whitewood Photography was one of the best decisions I made about the wedding, that & saying yes! She was amazing! She captured all the moments we wanted and kept order in our chaos! We have so many timeless memories that we will... Read More cherish for our lives! It was the best investment we could have made! Sarah was so friendly and knowledgeable throughout the wedding planning process and really helped us to piece our whole day together. She is experienced and has a very talented eye for capturing precious moments! I couldn't recommend more! 5 stars hands down! Mahalo nui loa Sarah!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Rey G

Wow, Sarah was such an amazing photographer for both our save the dates as well as our wedding day. She worked so much with us to make sure everything was perfect. She photographed all the group photos we wanted and throughout the night she photographed everything going on. I... Read More can’t express how awesome she is! I would definitely recommend Sarah to anyone needing a photographer for an event. Thank you so much Sarah!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Caleb E

My fiance and I ended up choosing another photographer, but I thought it important to give Sarah a positive review. She went above and beyond to assist my fiance and I after our first photographer suddenly disappeared on us months before our wedding after being booked for a... Read More year in advance. She understood our trepidation of finding a new photographer five months before our wedding date and she really worked to create a package that would work for us despite her own bookings and limitations. She was incredibly prompt in getting back to us with information and positive statements to help reduce our concerns, despite being incredibly busy. She is truly a committed to helping you and providing you with a good service and not just a photographer looking to get a paycheck.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Jesse A

Beautiful pictures! You did a fantastic job at Isy and Robby's wedding! You caught some of the most amazing moments on film 💕

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Isabel B

Sarah with Whitewood Photography is absolutely amazing at her work. She captured our engagement and wedding day pictures and blew us away with our photos. She will not disappoint, guaranteed!! Thank you so much again!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Elena A

When I sat down with my husband to make our list of must-haves v. nice-to-have in our wedding, we knew that working with the right photographer was top priority to us. We wanted our pictures to tell a story and capture each moment perfectly, especially because my in-laws would... Read More not be able to join us to celebrate our wedding. Our pictures would be the only way for them to experience this day. After researching many options we always came back to Sarah: there was something so serene and deliberately spontaneous about her pictures, and it was exactly how we wanted to remember our wedding. We're so glad to have worked with Sarah: she captured every detail in our ceremony and reception that we worked on for months to make sure it was gorgeous, but most importantly - how delighted and happy our guests were to be with us! Some of her shots had me thinking "how did she get that?!" because I never felt her hovering over us or even sensed that she was nearby. Sarah was probably the easiest to work with of my wedding vendors. Her experience shows: Sarah provided a detailed timeline of pre and post ceremony photos (with our input) that I was able to plug-in directly to my day-of run-of-show, she maximized our time for each session, took on the director role to help us find the right angles for posed photos, was incredibly agile with a large group of people and on all fronts very professional in the way she treated us. I appreciate that she was honest and worked within our budget. We were contemplating a second shooter for the ceremony which would have been an additional cost, and Sarah reassured us she could handle both our guests and us to get those real/candid shots of us all in the moment. And she did! We can't wait to work with Sarah again. I'm already thinking of anniversary photos...family pictures...everything special that we want to capture about our life.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Michael S

We are very happy with our photos from the wedding! The photographers were very nice and helpful. I'd definitely recommend Whitewood Photography.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Ashley F

As the MOH/sister of the bride; I was entitled with the job of keeping the bride from freaking out! The wedding was on 6/3/17, with two different sites for the reception and ceremony; Sarah was very proficient and had a timeline made out for everything including travel time!... Read More There were several things going wrong the day of the wedding, but the photographer, Sarah, was on point! She was very professional and friendly! I know my sister was very relieved to know that she had a photographer that was going to be reliable. Throughout the wedding Sarah and the second photographer were able to capture moments without being to noticeable. After looking at the photos, and seeing how Sarah works, I would definitely recommend her to friends with upcoming engagements!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Nick L

My wife and I originally had a incredibly hard time with photographers- we hadn't had the best of luck and were feeling defeated as the wedding was getting closer. We stumbled upon Whitewood Photography through the Knot, and I can't begin to say how happy we were with our choice... Read More in picking Sarah to do our wedding photos! She was so easy to talk to and a very down-to-earth person. Sarah is very talented and she documented our wedding with great detail. There was never a time where we felt confused or stressed with her. She answered all are questions and concerns and was very easy to contact via text, email, or phone call. We recently got our wedding photos back and absolutely love them! Our second photographer, Demetrius, was also great and very easy to work with the day of the wedding. We are very happy we chose Whitewood Photography!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Emily F

Sarah was so helpful and amazing during the months leading up to our wedding! I can't say enough how great she is. She always answered my questions and concerns regarding the fine details and made sure that I was informed about everything that would happen the day of. She did a... Read More fantastic job with our wedding photos as well as my bridals. I highly recommend Whitewood photography! Sarah is incredibly talented and it definitely shows through her work.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Kara H

We got married on 5/20/2017 and we are so happy we hired Whitewood Photography! Sarah and her partner Josh were amazing. They caught all of the best moments and they seemed like they had a good time doing it. Sarah was always smiling and very helpful. She had great direction for... Read More us (who knows how to model for photos? I don't...). She also was very organized for the group photos so they were seamless. Overall I'd highly recommend Whitewood Photography to anyone looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Paul M

Whitewood photography did an outstanding job for our wedding. Our pictures turned out amazing. I would highly recommend using Sarah services for your photography needs. She will give you first class service.

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 wanda b

Our son was married last month at a beautiful Mission Church in San Antonio and the photograpy was amazing! The interior of the church was captured with all its intricacies and magic. I would definitely recommend Whitewood..

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Jennifer H

Sarah from Whitewood Photography is a top-notch photographer. She is friendly, easy-going, and very professional. She and her assistant recently photographed my daughter's wedding and did a fantastic job, we couldn't be happier with the results... beautiful and unique shots that... Read More we will treasure forever!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Lisa H

My husband and I were married in San Antonio in March 2017. I am so glad we found Sarah to photograph our wedding! First, and foremost, the photographs turned out beautiful. She captured so many special moments throughout the day of friends and family that we will treasure... Read More forever. If you are looking for a very natural, photojournalist style of photography for your wedding, this is your girl! She was professional, kind, very organized, anticipated our needs, and was on top of communication from the first time we contacted her through receiving the final photos. I highly recommend Whitewood Photography!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Amy S

Whitewood photography was wonderful! They captured all the important moments as well as some lovely private and candid ones. They were a dream to work with - professional, friendly, reasonable. We are so pleased with how everything has come out - bridal portraits, engagement... Read More session, and wedding. They were willing to go with some of our weirder/unusual ideas, which ended up being some of our favorites. They were also great at communication without being overbearing. We look forward to hiring them again when our family starts to expand.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Carla O

Whitewood Photography was amazing! We never knew the photographers were even there, they were so discrete and out of the way. After viewing the photos it was "Wow how did they get these shots... we never saw them!" I highly recommend Whitewood Photography. They capture the... Read More moments you will treasure a lifetime.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Veronica W

Words can't express how phenomenal Sarah was!!! She always kept communication open via email or text. Her creativity and photos are beautiful !!! I will definitely be using her in the near future for family photos!!!! Would recommend for brides and those needing professional... Read More photos. And even during my busy big day she helped keep everything moving smoothly!!! Awesome !!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Jessica O

Sarah is absolutely fantastic! From the first time we met, my husband and I fell in love! We loved how down to earth she is, and how she really got to know us on a personal level. Her work is truly amazing! We booked Sarah for our engagements, bridals, and day of wedding.... Read More With each session we received photos extremely fast! I loved how she let us be ourselves in each one of our photos, and really loved how she utilizes the natural light in her work as well! You can really see all of the hard work she puts into each photo! I highly recommend Whitewood Photography for anyone in search of a photographer. Truly AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 David V

Sarah was such a wonderful part of our wedding celebration. Her images and professionalism were top notch, but the difference maker was her personality. She seamlessly integrated into all of our events. Her warm, charming, personable manner made her right at home with our... Read More guests. Her ability to endear herself with our family, friends, and guests allowed her to get amazing pictures, but not be in the way of fun or exciting moments. I could not recommend her more highly to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Jacquelyn O

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WHITEWOOD PHOTOGRAPHY!! I was a Maid of Honor and sister of the Bride. The photos came out STUNNING!! I would highly recommend to anyone looking for photos to be taken!! Was well organized and the pictures the day of went extremely smoothly. During the... Read More reception I didn't even notice them taking photos, THEY ARE THAT GOOD! The moments captured are PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL!! Well worth more than 5 stars!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Tara S

Sarah, of Whitewood Photography did a phenomenal job capturing our special day. From day one of working with Sarah, she set out to make our experience as personalized and stress-free as possible. We wished to skew our pictures towards candids over posed formals, which Sarah... Read More was able to easily accommodate, bringing in a trusted second photographer for better coverage of our wedding and reception. Both photographs did an excellent job. Our Hill Country wedding was not without its hitches. We put an order in for blue skies at sunset, but received grey clouds and drizzle instead. Fortunately, our amazing photographer was not only able to capture wonderful shots in the afternoon overcast, but also made precision use of the 20 minutes of actual sunlight that broke through the clouds after our ceremony. As the evening progressed and our guests dispersed between the indoor dance floor and outdoor back porch and fire pit, Sarah and her partner unobtrusively captured so many great candid shots of the festivities. Our guests loved the photobooth that Sarah was able to arrange for us; although it was from a separate business, everything went through Sarah without us having to hassle with vetting yet another vendor. After our big day, all prints were delivered to us promptly, in high quality, on charming wooden USB sticks. The photo album that Sarah put together for us was exquisitely professional, immaculately curated with minimal input from us (by our request), and most importantly, captured the heart and soul of our special evening.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Vanessa R

Ahh Sarah is amazing! She did our engagement photos as well as the wedding. She is so professional and sweet. The photos came out wonderful. I keep receiving messages from family and guests about how great they were. I will recommend her to anyone and hope to use her in the... Read More future.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Adriana G

Whitewood photography was absolutely amazing! Sarah caputured so many moments and we couldn't be happier with our photos. The entire process from beginning to end was organized, professional, and stress free. I would recommend her to anyone! Her work is truly amazing!