Who Made The Cake! Exquisite Cakes by Nadine Moon

Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Surrounding Areas

Who Made The Cake! Exquisite cakes by Nadine Moon

Named one of the Top 10 Cake Artists in North America in 2016 by Dessert Professional Magazine, Nadine Moon, owner of "Who Made the Cake!" is known as a leading culinary artist. Under her leadership, Houston's premier custom cake shop has a reputation for spectacular custom designed cakes in which flavor and design are equally important. Specialties include sugar paste flowers, hand painted detailing & 3d creations. Nadine and her award winning cakes have appeared on The Food Network, Steve Harvey, Platinum Weddings, Martha (Stewart), Good Morning America, NFL Live, People Magazine & more! Schedule a complimentary wedding consultation with Nadine to design a spectacular, delicious cake that will leave your guests raving, "Who Made the Cake!"

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Nut Free

Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2007

1811 S Shepherd Dr., Houston, TX Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Surrounding Areas (713) 528-4719
INSTAGRAM

"OMG, she nailed it"

Reviewed on 1/10/2016

Travelling 3 hours several times a month to help select wedding vendors was a challenge, so as MOB, I was so relieved when we finally found a cake designer who was more concerned with the bride and groom's wishes that "here's what WE do. Nadine's attention to detail was amazing;... Read More and I especially appreciated the way she helped my daughter match her vision to a real cake! The groom's cake was was fun to work with as the British guy shared his thoughts and ideas of what he wanted on his cake that reflected memories of his home country. Although cake flavors and fillings were decided months before the wedding, the bride and groom were able to refine their choices a couple of weeks prior to the event. I remember my SIL bringing in cell phone pictures of the cakes to the bride's room on wedding day. The response was, "OMG, she nailed it." and we all cheered. Guests compliments on the cake included, "who made those amazing cakes?" Maybe Nadine should consider a name change.

2016-01-12T10:55:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Kate B

We had two cakes delivered for our wedding. The cake tasting process was simple and low stress - Nadine was even knowledgeable about Gulf Coast salt water fish, which led my soon-to-be husband to purchase a cake that mimicked a YETI full of red fish. While my traditional cake... Read More tasted like a dream and was made to fit every detail, his YETI fish cooler stopped the show. These cakes are not only beautiful but delicious! Nadine, Raven and the rest of the crew were easy to communicate with and delivered a phenomenal product.

2016-10-01T12:44:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. It was a pleasure working with you!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 LAUREN H

Words cant explain how wonderful Nadine and her staff were. I previously read some other reviews and felt I had to write a review because I had an amazing experience from the first time I walked into Who Made the Cake! When I began to look at cake designs, I think everyone... Read More can tell hers are the best by far.. She has been on every show and won every award, ( I did my research, even Steve Harvey). I have to admit I was a little scared to receive a quote because her designs are so over the top and unique, however after comparing her to all the local competitors hers came out to the best price per slice and of course the BEST designs! When I scheduled my appt, the ladies were so pleasant and even offered advice on other vendors that I was trying to lock down. When I got into the shop, I was completely overwhelmed because picking the cake design was the second biggest to do on my list. I think I had pinned and cut every single design I had ever came across, and began to show her and tell her my elaborate design details. Nadine sat patiently across from us and LISTENED while my mother, fiancé, and mother-in-law all poured our ideas out to her. While she was listening I noticed she was sketching, in a matter of minutes, she had sketched the most beautiful cake I had ever seen that included all the elements and designs I wanted. I was literally in tears! The hardest part about my wedding cake design was picking from the delicious flavors, even flavors I wasn't keen on made my mouth water. Long story short, I truly believe Nadine was the BEST decision I made out of ALL of my vendors. She has a calming spirit coupled with a unique talent. When I got to my wedding venue, I again was in tears not only because my wedding cake was better than I ever could imagine, but because my groom was in awe of his grooms cake! (EVERYONE was asking is that a cake?! ) I can say as a bride, I wanted all my guest to love all of my decisions I worked at for the past year, but the true icing on the cake would be my guest pulling me aside asking "WHO MADE THE CAKE"... I cant wait to visit her and all the wonderful staff again, for my baby shower :)

2016-06-28T09:56:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the amazing review. It was a pleasure creating your fabulous cakes!

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Cynthia D

Beast cake I have ever had. All the guest agreed!

2017-03-03T14:07:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Fara G

I’m not one to dwell on unpleasant service experiences. A bad restaurant outing or complications at the cleaners has never inspired me to seriously consider doing a post hoc write-up. Yet, here we are. Of course, this would have been completely unnecessary had Nadine from Who... Read More Made the Cake! not been nearly as callous as she was. After meeting with her one afternoon and deciding to put a flat last name initial sugar paste atop my daughter’s wedding cake, I realized three hours later that the topper could not go on the cake. I notified Nadine of this request later that day, but was told that the $35 charge for the topper was nonnegotiable. She would not credit me that amount. This was despite the fact that I had only met with her that afternoon and was unaware that telling her just a few hours earlier of my interests was irrevocable. She insisted that she would not be willing to refund me the $35. As you can imagine, I was dismayed by this news. I had spent thousands of dollars on my daughter’s wedding, had interfaced with a host of different vendors and had never seen this kind of obstinacy. One has to keep in mind not only the total expense of purchasing a cake from Nadine, but also the fact that this was ten days before the cake was even to be delivered. The cake was in no way structurally altered nor were there any other changes. She justified her rigidity on the grounds that her adherence to the contract was sufficient and that it was I who was unreasonable. I appreciate her concern for contractual integrity, but the contract I agreed to upon choosing Nadine as my cake vendor was hardly a recipe for commercial success. I chose her not only because I thought her skills as a baker were worth the investment, but also because I thought that I was to work with someone flexible and customer-service oriented like the other vendors with whom I worked. She often made me feel as if I was the bad guy. I merely wanted to ensure a wonderful wedding for my daughter and Nadine seemed insensitive to that fact. She insisted in an email exchange that she went into this business because of her passion and love for baking—not for financial gain; her behavior regarding the $35 speaks to the contrary. A word of warning: If you plan to work with Nadine, be prepared that you will operate on her terms. Even something as rote and trivial as making a meeting time was done so as to “make time” for me. In other words, her willingness to meet and chat about my cake was a favor she bestowed on me. Need I remind you that I was the one making the significant investment to help her business. My recommendation is that since we live in a city as large as Houston, I would find a different baker. There are plenty of excellent and creative ones from which to choose.

2017-02-22T16:13:10 Response from the vendor

I am really disappointed to see your review. I did everything possible to accommodate your last minute changes, despite it being past the contractual date changes. As you mentioned, I was in fact extremely customer service oriented, agreeing to meet with you again on 11-2-16... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Pearl M

We love Nadine, she really paid attention to the details of making my cake. I had my wedding on Nov. 5, 2016 at The Sweetwater Country Club. The cake was designed from my dress. Perfect details of roses, hydrangeas, and lace. It was amazing. Thank you Nadine. The cake was so... Read More delicious and everyone enjoyed it.

2016-11-16T15:03:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the positive review! I appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Adriana Coral G

Who Made The Cake made my vision come to life!!!!!! It was the most BEAUTIFUL & DELICIOUS wedding cake I have ever seen and tried!!! Everything went so smoothly from our meetings, to the design and they were early to drop off our cake on our wedding day! Worth every penny! I... Read More will make sure and tell every bride to be that this is the place you want to go!!!! My new hubby and I were sooo tremendously happy with everything!!! Thank you a million times from the bottom of our hearts!!!

2016-11-16T15:04:35 Response from the vendor

Your review is the reason I do what I do! I am so happy you were pleased with your cake!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jordan C

We had MANY cake tastings before we found Who Made The Cake, and let me tell you HANDS DOWN this is the BEST tasting wedding cake you will find and absolutely beautiful to top that off. I've baked all my life and love sweets and I know for a fact I will be using Who Made The... Read More Cake for future events. We sat down and had our cake tasting and knew after about 2 minutes we were going to order our cake from here. We got our quote, but before we put our deposit we saw several other cakes we liked the idea of. Raven, the receptionist I must've emailed about 35 times was so patient and helpful with me. Our wedding cake turned out AMAZING! We had the chocolate with caramel, red velvet, white cake and we had the white chocolate fondant that was delicious. We had so many compliments on our cake and I thank you for making my big day even more special!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Orianna D

I bought my Husband's groom's cake from Who Made The Cake! and it was definitely one of the best decisions I made for our wedding day! We ordered a classic chocolate grooms cake and it was absolutely delicious. Nadine was a pleasure to work with and really listened to what I... Read More wanted and she had some great ideas to offer! The cake was a huge hit and was definitely a highlight of the day.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Cheretta M

My wedding planning process was stress free! Hard to believe, right? What helped to make it amazing was Nadine at Who Made The Cake. I knew exactly what I wanted. I described it to her and its like she saw my vision through my eyes. It is such a wonderful experience to see... Read More something that looks so beautiful and taste exquisite. My guess could not stop talking about the cake. The one question that everyone asked was; "Who Made The Cake"? We already know that when the time comes for baby, we'll be back. She will always be the one we call for special occasions. Thank you!

2016-10-01T12:43:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Sheena M

Our wedding was in April. We received a beautiful cake -- simple but beautiful and us. The cakes went fast with the lemon cake filled with raspberry completely gone by night's end, and I didn't even get a piece. There was only one problem that caused a lot of frustration. Our... Read More hand made cake topper was not completely put together. We were told they didn't know how to put this one part on the topper so, instead of asking for help, they just kept it in a box below the table. Our wedding coordinators confirmed that box was never there. The cake venue worked with us afterwards. We found the cost to replace the item. The cake venue gave us the money to replace the piece and a $100 gift card for a 10" cake. They worked with us and were apologetic.

2016-07-15T11:09:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for you honest review. We specifically talked with the delivery person about putting the additional piece on the topper, but somehow in the midst of a hectic delivery day it was left under the table in a box. I am so sorry that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/08/2016

I'm writing this review one year after having Nadine's cake on the best night of my life to date. It was delicious then, and even better than I remember it one year later on our anniversary weekend. I heard a lot of horror stories from coworkers who also participated in the... Read More tradition of saving the top layer of their wedding cake for the first anniversary. Glad my story is just the opposite!

2016-04-12T10:18:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016

My family has been purchasing cakes from Nadine for years due to my mother's fascination with wedding cake and her numerous requests to have on instead of a typical birthday cake, so when it came time to choose a cake vendor we knew exactly who we wanted to go with. The cake... Read More tasting was very personal and made the decision on cake flavor very difficult as they are all spectacular. My husband and I each chose a cake and we were not disappointed on our wedding day! Our guests are still raving about how beautiful and delicious the cakes were. I even noticed some of the guests were taking pictures with the cake before we arrived at the reception venue! My husband and I will be purchasing anniversary cakes for years to come from Who Made the Cake!

2016-04-12T10:19:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Sarah A

Our grooms cake and bridal cake were amazing! Everyone kept asking "who made the cake?". Nadine and her staff are very professional and make wonderful cakes! I can't wait to have more of my wedding cake on my one year anniversary! Thanks for everything

2016-01-27T14:47:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the positive review! Congratulations on your wedding.

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Lily P

Thank you for an amazing cake! Very pricey but worth every bit of it!

2016-01-27T14:51:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the positive review!

Ok

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Michelle P

My now husband and I went there when we were looking for a bakery to do our wedding cake. We met some of Nadine's employees at the Bridal Extravaganza and after tasting their cakes we quickly made an appointment. On the day of the appointment we met with Nadine and tasted even... Read More more of her cake. I will say her cakes are very tasty, however her interpersonal skills are lacking. She sat silently for most the appointments and had us look through books of previous work she had done. She only talk to ask us questions about what we wanted, what we liked about the cakes we picks and what we didn't like. She was no help and offered no guidance. This being our first time ever working with a baker, we expected for her to offer more advice and help. We ended up finding a bakery that did a superb job and had a better overall experience. My advice is go there knowing exactly what you want.

Great

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Tracy G

Cakes we not only beautiful but delicious as well.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Jackie S

I had a consultation with Nadine today at 1pm. I found her staff to be very pleasant and inviting upon our arrival. The facility very clean. My consultaion with Nadine was very good. She is very professional and detailed. The tasting was amazing! Thank you Nadine

2015-10-15T12:57:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review! It was a pleasure meeting with you to design your cake.

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Molly E

Nadine and Who Made the Cake went above and beyond our expectations for our wedding cake. My mother-in-law, her sister, and myself went to the tasting, since my husband was on duty at Fort Benning. Nadine and her staff had prepped three sample plates for us and talked us through... Read More each cake, frosting, and ganache. Nadine also sketched out my cake and our groom's cake (a replica of an Isopure protein powder container) while we were there. She went into such detail with the groom's cake, even to verify which protein flavor was my husband's favorite, so she could print a picture of it from their website. When my husband was able to come home for Thanksgiving (a month before our wedding), he really wanted to try our cakes. Nadine and her staff not only prepared the flavor combinations I had chosen, but also included all of the others, just to make sure he liked them as well. They are truly excellent. You won't regret it!

2015-10-15T12:58:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review! Congratulations on your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015

I had read mixed reviews so I went ahead and checked the place out as one of my options for my wedding cake. The positive: The 5 flavors of cake were tasty and the designs that they have displayed on the floor are beautiful, so I don't doubt they can make great cakes.... Read More The negative: The problem here is mostly customer service. During the tasting and consultation, Nadine just came across as rude due to the way she was handling the meeting. She barely looked at us, and spent most of her time looking at her computer or writing down. I understand she wants to expedite the process of writing a quote but this reflects negatively on customer service. Overall, she seemed pretty impatient and I don't think I was being a terrible customer. It would have been greatly appreciated if she was nicer and helped a bit more through the process. Other places I have visited have similar quality taste and pricing, thus I will be getting my wedding and groom's cakes at a different vendor.

2015-10-15T13:28:07 Response from the vendor

I'm so sorry that you perceived me as rude. During the consultation, I have my couples first browse through the books and mark ideas while I fill out your paperwork. When you are done looking at the books, you have my complete attention to design... Read Less Read More

Overpriced, horrible attitude

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Sherri P

We went there having already made the decision to purchase there. The owner was rude beyond measure. She seemed annoyed that we were even there and that she had to take time out to talk to us. The cake we wanted (and needed due to our large wedding) was going to cost over... Read More $1400. My fiancé decided against giving her any of our money due solely to her demeanor. We ended up going somewhere else, getting an even bigger cake that tasted better and was $1000 cheaper. She's bought into her own hype. Not worth the trip.

2015-08-19T10:30:37 Response from the vendor

I reviewed my quotes & only had one cold quote for 8/1 that was approximately $1400. You provided a photo of what you wanted & quoted a 4 tier heart shaped cake with 2 satellite tiers, (6 tiers total) all with a fondant ribbon &... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/22/2015

BEST CAKE EVER!!! Who made the Cake was great to work with and gave us great suggestions. Since we weren't doing a grooms cake, but we wanted some white and Chocolate cake, they offered to put both flavors along with Choc Buttercream filling in each tier of our cake. This... Read More gave us the best of both worlds in every bite!! We ordered double the amount of cake needed so our guests could take a piece to go...and from what most of our guests have told me...The cake never made it home! Can't wait for our next need for a good cake :)

2015-07-22T17:01:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review! I am so happy that your guests loved the cake! If you can't wait for your anniversary, keep in mind that we offer holiday specials for a 10" cake to enjoy with your family. Follow us on FB for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

I met the owner many years ago at a wedding showcase....fell in love with her cakes! When I finally tied the knot in April 2015, I did not even think to consider another vendor for cakes. She is a must for ANY event you have. Your guest will love the cake and you will love... Read More the service.

2015-06-15T11:10:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Kendall R

I work a typical 8:30am-5:30pm job. I have a limited amount of vacation/sick personal time to take off because well, I need those days for the wedding and the honeymoon! So any appointments that I've made have been after work or on the weekends. I tried to make an appointment... Read More with 'Who made the cake?' and they were going to charge me $30 to have an appointment on Saturday! The woman I spoke to said that they do so due to people not showing up for appointments. So I followed with ok, so than is it just a hold? You keep it if I don't show, and return it if I do? If that's your concern? She said if I booked with them, they would apply it to the cake. If not, they keep it. I rate them an "Eek, stay away" because frankly, I think that is stealing. I don't care how good their cakes might taste, customer service is just as important. I am the customer, it's not the other way around. If there are charges even for considering their business??? Then I don't want their business at all.

2015-06-12T10:46:07 Response from the vendor

I am sorry for your frustration. Because I personally meet with every bride & groom that come in for a consultation, I have extremely limited Saturday appointments, as that is when I am making sure all our cakes our done correctly, adding flowers, etc. These... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Kathryn R

Ultimately, I had to have Who Made The Cake bake my wedding cake because I had tasted their cake before and found it to be, bar none, the best cake I ever had (and yes, I tried many other wedding cakes at vendor open houses and other events). The cake at my wedding was no... Read More exception, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I found Nadine to be a bit cool (rather than really interested in working with me on the kind of wedding cake I wanted) and some of the office staff to be less educated on their product/services than I would have liked, but it worked out. I thought it was silly that they won't use real flowers on their cakes and ended up using a real flower to cover up a smudge that was on the cake upon delivery to the venue (irony). Anyway, it all pales in comparison to having awesome tasting cake at the wedding... and having several people ask both during the wedding and weeks after, "who made the cake?"

2015-06-09T16:49:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry that I came across as "cool" towards your cake design, but am pleased that you loved the quality of our product. We have had several florists actually split cakes and/or knock off a corner due to the... Read Less Read More

Nadine Guajardo Moon

A native Texan, Nadine grew up in Laredo in a baking family, helping her Mom, Rose Marie Guajardo throughout high school. Nadine graduated with a BA in Semiotics from Brown University in Providence, RI. After college, her love of art was transformed into cake. Although holding various positions in retail management & financial services, baking & decorating cakes was her passion and filled all of her free time. Nadine attended Alain & Marie LeNotre Culinary Institute for formal pastry training, further developing her baking skills, before opening "Who Made the Cake!" in 2002.