20+ years of CAKE!!

Since opening in 1994, Wild Flour Bakery has become one of the most familiar faces (or cakes, rather!) in the Cleveland-area wedding scene. Of course we've built our reputation around delicious flavors, artistic flair, and professional service, but people love us for something even more....We are just as well known for our fun and friendly atmosphere that offers our customers the best of both worlds. We specialize in exquisite, custom cakes, but friendliness and affordability are always the "base layers" of everything that we do. Sometimes we write silly puns, too! Feel free to connect with us on social media, visit our website or give us a call at 440-331-2950 to start planning your wedding cake details!

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2008 09

20111 Lake Road, Rocky River, OH Northeast Ohio, Cleveland (440) 331-2950

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Rebekah S

Wild Flour certainly lives up tot heir name! My wedding cake was beyond my dreams and in my budget! They worked closely with us to create the cake we wanted and made sure we got just that and more! They gave us a air to take home with different flavors and icings and let us... Read More creat our own cake flavors! That was so fun! Everyone loved the cake and I'll be honest, we are our topper the next morning! Sorry not sorry! Thank you wild flour team for everything!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Nicole S

Absolutely the best cake around! We are wedding photographers and we see A LOT of cake! Wild Flour is the only bakery we recommend! Their cakes are hands down the best wedding cakes we have ever had! So moist and flavorful... your guests will definitely be impressed! There... Read More is a reason all the major event spaces downtown only work with Wild Flour! We love them so much, we actually added them to our referral list on our website and have never even talked to them! We have easily eaten wild flour cake 30 or more times in our career, and they never disappoint! You cant go wrong with Wild Flour!!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Ashley A

Wild Flour Bakery made this part of the planning SO simple! Liz, the wedding coordinator was great! We had an appointment at the shop, went over our vision and different ideas together. She drew up our dream wedding cake right there on the spot!! It was PERFECT! Andddd right on... Read More budget! Sampling their cakes/fillings/icing was very unique. We brought home a circular cake with ALL the different flavors, cups of individually packed fillings and icing. It really let us come up with some great combinations for each layer! It was super easy and inexpensive to rent the cake stand from them too. My guests LOVED the cake/cake choices! They told us it was the BEST wedding cake they have ever had. We couldn't agree more! We wrapped up and froze the top layer of cake to enjoy in 1 year from our wedding date! THANK YOU WILD FLOUR!! :)

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Brittany K

Wild Flour Bakery is top notch, they made choosing a spectacular wedding cake EASY! Our consultation was informative and the cake flavors were AMAZING. We already had an idea of design picked out and Liz made it happen by drawing a sketch right there in the store. To say our... Read More vision came to life is an understatement. When I saw the cake on the day of the wedding, I was in awe. It was even more perfect than I imagined, and our guests loved it! It was not only beautiful, but the guests raved about how delicious it was. I highly recommend this company for your wedding cake, they are the best of the best!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Anne D

Sue and the rest of the gang at Wild Flour Bakery are the absolute best. We would recommend them to anyone looking for cakes or pastries for parties of any size! We were looking for a bakery who would do French pastries for our wedding and the first time we walked in the door of... Read More Wild Flour we were sold. The cakes were decorated beautifully, and the pastry case was filled with all our favorites! Sue hit it off with my husband Jeff and they bonded over baking, Paris, French cooking, etc. It was so much fun to plan our desserts! The tasting was more than we could have hoped for and the display at our wedding was stunning! At least until our guests tore into it, hahaha! The cakes we ordered were beautiful and delicious! And I can't forget to mention the service. Wild Flour worked with our venue coordinator and our caterer to determine timing and display space and everything was done without a hitch. We've had so many compliments on our desserts and we are so lucky to be able to visit Wild Flour any time we get a craving! Thanks Sue!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Kate H

We absolutely loved our wedding cake! Liz was absolutely wonderful to work with and really made sure to sit down and review all the possible options so I could walk out with the exact cake I wanted. We also really enjoyed the sampling process which gave us the opportunity to try... Read More a number of combinations to chose for our cake flavors.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Sarah H

Working with Wild Flour was one of the easiest aspects of planning our wedding. The process is extremely simple. Our cake was gorgeous and delicious. You'll get the best value at Wild Flour.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ainsley B

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and so delicious! We have had multiple guests ask us where we got the cake because it was their favorite wedding cake they have ever had. The cake was designed exactly how I imagined. Additionally, Sue, the owner, went above and beyond... Read More for us! We only wanted a two tier cutting cake with additional square cakes to serve to our guests. However, because of this, delivery charges are not included. Since we had our wedding at the Cleveland Courthouse and there is no air conditioning or fridges, we had a bit of a problem figuring how we were going to keep the cake from spoiling since the pick up time is typically 2:00 pm (which was the same time as our ceremony). Sue worked with several people and finally allowed for my parents to come pick up the cakes at 5 PM after our ceremony and before our reception. This was a huge help on our big day and made our lives so much easier! It was so amazing to have such great customer service from this great establishment! I plan on getting cakes from Wild Flour for each big occasion in the upcoming years :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lindsay L

Our vendor works with this bakery - but we are so glad they did! They were incredibly easy to work with ahead of time and they definitely got our vision for our cake. It is so nice to be able to take the different types of cake and filling home to try too! Their cakes are sooo... Read More delicious and we had a lot of compliments! Great bakery for a wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Katherine K

Amazing experience! From trying all those flavors and fillings, choosing the colors and design, to the final cutting. Wild Flour was easy to work with. Our cake was so beautiful. It was perfect. And so delicious, I am actually craving some as I write this now. We had 125 guests,... Read More but paid extra to get the 4 tier cake that fed 150. Boy I am glad we did, because we only had about 8 pieces left over. Everyone loved the cake, as much as us. They are AMAZING! I got so many compliments.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Kristi G

“GORGEOUS & DELICIOUS WEDDING CAKE” Our four-tier wedding cake with metallic bands and fresh flowers was absolutely stunning, and far exceeded what we’d envisioned for our special day! It was so perfect, many of our guests didn’t believe it was real…until they tasted it, and... Read More were blown away! Not only was the cake beautiful, every flavor combination was delicious. Liz and the rest of Wild Flour we wonderful to work with, and offered suggestions and expertise to create a cake that perfectly complimented the rest of the wedding décor and our vision. The planning process was extremely easy and enjoyable, and we especially LOVED that we could take home and sample different cake flavor slices and icing combinations. We would highly recommend Wild Flour Bakery, and we will absolutely return to them for all of our future cakes!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Angelica F

Wild Flour did an amazing job on our wedding cake. We got so many compliments on how delicious and beautiful the cake was. Their is a reason why Wild Flour so many awards. They are great.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Roxanne M

DELICIOUS! Definitely the best cake I have ever had (and I'm not a cake person) and the most beautiful cake I have ever seen! Such an amazing company and I am so happy that we had them make our wedding cake! I can't wait until our year anniversary and we can have our delicious... Read More cake again!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Jessica B

Wild Flour Bakery is amazing! They made our wedding cake and it was absolutely stunning. The coordinator worked with us to make every detail just perfect. It looked gorgeous and tasted amazing!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Allyson B

Our experience at Wild Flour was absolutely perfect! We had a consultation with Liz in the beginning of the process and she has such a great talent for designing cakes and meshing together multiple photos to make a perfect blend to fit our theme. This bakery specializes in... Read More their frosting/ piping skills and our cake was elaborately crafted without gross tasting fondant. We honestly booked the bakery based solely on all of the great reviews and reputation of the bakery and we were not disappointed. I also planned a surprise groom's cake for my husband and Liz did a great job at contacting me discreetly and designing the cake to fit the golf theme I wanted. When it came time to actually try the cake (which we did closer to the wedding), my husband and I were blown away. Wild Flour gives you a wheel of cakes that is comprised of around 8-10 flavors of cake and cups with a variety of options of fillings and icings (there is enough cake/ icing to feed a small army here). They range from classic flavors to decadent flavors to fruity flavors. Every single cake and filling was delicious! We had a hard time narrowing our choices down, so we chose multiple themes for our cake (chocolatey top layer, fruity middle layer, and classic bottom layer). So many guests have been complimenting us on how great the cake tasted! Their customer service is outstanding and quality is amazing. P.S. Stop in their and try some of their baked goods in their display case and you will honestly love everything.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Jennifer H

Our wedding cake from Wild Flour was absolutely gorgeous and truly delicious! After receiving our consultation, we knew that we found our wedding cake designer due to their reasonable prices, wonderful cakes, and friendly demeanor. The entire planning process was smooth as we... Read More worked with Liz, considering the various options and brainstorming ways to make the cake match the images in our minds. Wild Flour absolutely delivered! The cake was gorgeous and scrumptious! Our guests raved about the cake, requesting seconds! I would recommend Wild Flour to anyone looking for a wedding cake designer. Thank you Wild Flour!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Yamila G

We tried Wild Flour's cake for the first time at a friend's wedding, and we KNEW we HAD to have it at ours. I'm not usually a cake person, but their cake is so moist and delicious, and you can tell they use high quality ingredients. All our guests raved about how delicious our... Read More cake was and nearly everyone had seconds (or tried to get seconds!). The best part is, they are actually really well priced - one of those rare occasions when the best option is actually NOT the most expensive. The designs of their cakes are really top notch and very well done - very classy, elegant, and timeless. They were even able to design the top tier of the cake based on the design of the embroidery on my wedding dress, and it looked just like it! It was beautiful, delicious, and affordable. The people who work there are all so nice and friendly too!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Ann Marie B

The team at Wild Flour Bakery did an amazing job bringing our wedding cake vision to life! We loved it so much and we loved the team! My bridal shower cake was also beautiful and delicious.

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Jessica D

Don't bother looking elsewhere. Wild Flour made a phenomenal and beautiful cake for my wedding! We have used them in the past for random other events and were very pleased. I was planning my May 2016 wedding from Colorado so my parents (who live in Westlake) and in-laws (who... Read More live in Ann Arbor) took the reigns on this. They were given a huge taster package with cake and fillings to try, so my in-laws gave us their recommendations. I was able to meet up at the bakery once before the wedding and gave them a picture of a cake I liked and they were able to duplicate it. We ended up with a four layer cake with their regular frosting (I hate fondant) and chose a different cake and filling for each layer. Our guests loved that they had a wide range of choices. Neither my husband nor myself got around to eating cake at the reception, but we had a slice the next day that my mom was able to snag and it was delicious despite having been refrigerated! They were reasonably priced and even had a beautiful cake stand that we rented. Go with Wild Flour and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Kaitlin K

We had a wonderful experience with Wild Flour! From the design to the taste, to the customer service, everything was perfect with our cake. We were able to have many different flavors of icing and cake, which made for fun tasting experiences for us and our guests. Our guests... Read More raved at how beautiful all the tiers were. With Wild Flour Bakery doing your wedding cake, you cannot go wrong!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Anna

AMAZING!! I had multiple guests tell me it was the best wedding cake they've ever had. It was beautiful and they were so easy to work with! The cake was included as part of our Windows on the River wedding package and there were no upcharges or surprise costs.

Reviewed on 2/15/2016 Victoria V

Wild Flour Bakery was absolutely lovely to work with for our wedding cake! For the tasting/design meeting, we pretty much knew what we wanted our cake to look like. The bakery worked with us to make sure that the cake we wanted would be within our budget and would look exactly... Read More as we hoped at our price point. The cake that Wild Flour Bakery delivered for us on our wedding day looked and tasted better than our expectations!

Reviewed on 2/13/2016 Brittany S

Wild Flour made my cake for my wedding in November. It was just beautiful! I was a bit worried since I couldn't really see exactly what it would look like until the wedding. But they sketched it out when I met with them, and it came out exactly how I wanted! I could not have... Read More been happier. Thanks again! It was beautiful and tasted great. I got so many compliments on how it looked and how it tasted from my guests. Thanks so much!

Delicious & gorgeous!

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Joanna R

The team was excellent to work with, they accommodated our every request while staying in budget, and even created exactly the cake I asked for, just based on my description of what I wanted, no photos! Most importantly, it was the best wedding cake I have ever had!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Daniel B

Delicious and beautiful cake and the kindest and most helpful associate helped us during our consultation with them. They were accommodating to our busy schedule and were excellent at following up throughout the wedding process. We loved everything about our wedding cake!

Susan Johansen

Once upon a time in 1994: Forrest Gump philosophized on a park bench, Simba was dubbed "Lion King," Celine Dion and Snoop Dogg were topping the music charts.....and Sue Johansen opened Wild Flour Bakery in Cleveland, Ohio! Always a lover of travel and adventure, Sue lived in France while in college. She did not originally plan to be a baker (her major was French), but over time, her desire grew to open her own neighborhood bakery so she could help others celebrate the important events in their lives.....with CAKE! THINGS SUE LOVES: Travel, family, dogs, books, and her neon pink glasses!