20+ years of CAKE!!

Since opening in 1994, Wild Flour Bakery has become one of the most familiar faces (or cakes, rather!) in the Cleveland-area wedding scene. Of course we've built our reputation around delicious flavors, artistic flair, and professional service, but people love us for something even more....We are just as well known for our fun and friendly atmosphere that offers our customers the best of both worlds. We specialize in exquisite, custom cakes, but friendliness and affordability are always the "base layers" of everything that we do. Sometimes we write silly puns, too! Feel free to connect with us on social media, visit our website or give us a call at 440-331-2950 to start planning your wedding cake details!

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2008 09

20111 Lake Road, Rocky River, OH Northeast Ohio, Cleveland (440) 331-2950

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Rebekah S

Wild Flour certainly lives up tot heir name! My wedding cake was beyond my dreams and in my budget! They worked closely with us to create the cake we wanted and made sure we got just that and more! They gave us a air to take home with different flavors and icings and let us... Read More creat our own cake flavors! That was so fun! Everyone loved the cake and I'll be honest, we are our topper the next morning! Sorry not sorry! Thank you wild flour team for everything!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Nicole S

Absolutely the best cake around! We are wedding photographers and we see A LOT of cake! Wild Flour is the only bakery we recommend! Their cakes are hands down the best wedding cakes we have ever had! So moist and flavorful... your guests will definitely be impressed! There... Read More is a reason all the major event spaces downtown only work with Wild Flour! We love them so much, we actually added them to our referral list on our website and have never even talked to them! We have easily eaten wild flour cake 30 or more times in our career, and they never disappoint! You cant go wrong with Wild Flour!!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Ashley A

Wild Flour Bakery made this part of the planning SO simple! Liz, the wedding coordinator was great! We had an appointment at the shop, went over our vision and different ideas together. She drew up our dream wedding cake right there on the spot!! It was PERFECT! Andddd right on... Read More budget! Sampling their cakes/fillings/icing was very unique. We brought home a circular cake with ALL the different flavors, cups of individually packed fillings and icing. It really let us come up with some great combinations for each layer! It was super easy and inexpensive to rent the cake stand from them too. My guests LOVED the cake/cake choices! They told us it was the BEST wedding cake they have ever had. We couldn't agree more! We wrapped up and froze the top layer of cake to enjoy in 1 year from our wedding date! THANK YOU WILD FLOUR!! :)

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Jen V

Wild Flour was the bakery we got our wedding cake from in our package at the Wyndham, which I was thrilled to hear because they were already my first choice! The design was incredible.. they delivered exactly what we asked for, and everyone raved about how amazing it tasted.... Read More They also have beautiful antique cake stands available to rent which added an elegant touch. Absolutely perfect, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Elizabeth J

Wild Flour Bakery was by far the easiest vendor to work with for our wedding! We had our wedding at Windows on the River and the cake is included in the price of the venue. You have to work with Wild Flour, but that was perfectly alright! We went in and met with them and... Read More picked out a few designs we liked and got to take the cake samples home. We emailed our decision to them shortly after. A little bit before the wedding, they double checked to make sure they had all of the information correct. The cake was beautiful and delicious! Working with Wild Flour Bakery was a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Kelly M

Very happy with the wedding cake we got from Wild Flour Bakery! I'm not even a big sweets eater, but their cake flavors and fillings are really tasty! They give you a sampler package so you can try all the flavors at home at your leisure before you make your choices. We were... Read More also incredibly impressed with the design of our cake! Our wedding invites had a geode-like pattern on them, so we came up with the idea of carrying that theme over to the cake. Our cake ended up looking like a normal white wedding cake with texturing from the side, but the top of each layer was painted with icing so that when viewed from above it looked like a geode! The people at Wild Flour are artists who can definitely make the vision you have of your wedding cake come to life.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Anna S

Made great cakes - very beautiful and delicious, so I was told. I have a dairy allergy. The reason I gave them 3 stars is because they would not make a dairy free cake for me. I had to go to an outside bakery to make a special cake for my husband and I to cut into.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Victoria M

The team at Wild Flour Bakery was awesome when working with them for our wedding! They were great to work with via in-person meetings, email and phone calls. They offered wonderful suggestions based on the inspiration I brought them! When it was all said and done, we got exactly... Read More what we had hoped for, a gorgeous, delicious cake! Thank you all!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Robert B

Wild Flour Bakery did an excellent job for us. The staff was helpful, our cake was beautiful, and it was honestly one of the best tasting cakes I've ever had at a wedding. The wedding coordinator, Liz, was very easy to work with, and we would for sure recommend Wild Flour... Read More Bakery to our friends. The cake came out looking exactly how we wanted it, and they worked with our florist to add fresh cut flowers. We went with 2 favors of cake (2 layers of each) and 3 different fillings. I can't stress enough how awesome the cake tasted, and we received many compliments. Thanks for all your hard work for our big day!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Lauren R

Wild Flour Bakery is the best! My husband and I hunted for the perfect vendor to make our cake and it was an easy decision after meeting with Liz! She was super helpful in the whole process - very kind and took her time with us! Not to mention - we loved their style with trying... Read More their cake. They let you take home each type of flavor and filling (i.e., NO PRESSURE) to pick a flavor/filling right on the spot. This was something we loved. As for the wedding cake itself - amazing!! It looked so beautiful!! The cake designers really hit a homerun and our cake came out exactly as envisioned. I can't recommend Wild Flour Bakery enough. It makes sense why they are the best of the best :) we will be using them again for sure!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Shella B

The team at Wild Flour is the best - true professionals! From our cake consultation to the big day, we felt confident that they would deliver and the cake was perfect! Matched our vision perfectly and was DELICIOUS! Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Stefanie S

Delicious cakes and great service! They worked with our florist to create the cake of our dreams. Super affordable and super flexible (did I mention delicious?) highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Meagan S

Our wedding cake was AWESOME. We booked them for our 6/17/17 wedding and when we went for our initial consultation, we were a little all over the place just because we didn't know what EXACTLY we wanted. I has seen a ton of cake pictures, saw lots of ones that I liked and... Read More thought were "cool" but didn't really seem to fit my wedding. We actually went with a cake they had on display in their window that had a rounded top (which was also great because we couldn't find a cake topper we liked) and beautiful lace detail. It was four tiers and I thought we were going to have a ton of cake left over, but we had NONE! With each tier, we were able to do different flavors and fillings (that does bump the price up a little bit). We were sent home with a box of cake flavors to try. I actually didn't care for many, they seemed kind of dry, but I'm thinking maybe they weren't the freshest because it was a sample box. The cake at the wedding tasted unbelievable--was so moist, soft, and one of the best cakes I ever had. Even the frosting was great--not too sweet. Liz has awesome response time and Andrew was nice to work with when coordinating as well. Definitely would recommend them. They even put a card in my card box which I actually found rather touching. The only thing that ended up being okay for me since I have family living in the area but may be tough for others is return of the cake stand (if you rent one). They aren't open on Sundays or Mondays.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Amelia M

Their cake was amazing! We tried it at our food tasting at our wedding venue and went with them. We didn't try any other cake place. They give you a large slice of each type of cake and all the fillings for you to try so you can pick your perfect wedding cake!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 K T

Choosing Wild Flour Bakery is one of the BEST decisions I made during the wedding planning process. The level of service from Liz, Sue, and the rest of the team was simply outstanding. I found a soft marble design that I wanted to use for my wedding cake, and they absolutely... Read More nailed it! It looked stunning, and we received many compliments on both the appearance and taste. I loved that we did not need to use fondant, and it was extremely delicious!!! Thank you so much for everything Wild Flour Bakery!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Rachel F

OUR WEDDING CAKE WAS DELICIOUS! We were referred to Wild Flour by our friends who got their wedding cake from there (as well as all birthday cakes after that). They raved about amazing they are. They were not lying! I was very impressed by the entire staff who were so helpful... Read More when we were coming up with what our wedding cake would be. I had many questions leading up to the big day, and they always answered to quickly and were such a big help. The flavors were all delicious, tasting the different options was so much fun! I will definitely be returning for any cakes we need in the future. I don't think our frozen top tier will make it to our first wedding anniversary, we've already talked about breaking it out of the freezer :) Thanks Wild Flour!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Brittany K

Wild Flour Bakery is top notch, they made choosing a spectacular wedding cake EASY! Our consultation was informative and the cake flavors were AMAZING. We already had an idea of design picked out and Liz made it happen by drawing a sketch right there in the store. To say our... Read More vision came to life is an understatement. When I saw the cake on the day of the wedding, I was in awe. It was even more perfect than I imagined, and our guests loved it! It was not only beautiful, but the guests raved about how delicious it was. I highly recommend this company for your wedding cake, they are the best of the best!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Anne D

Sue and the rest of the gang at Wild Flour Bakery are the absolute best. We would recommend them to anyone looking for cakes or pastries for parties of any size! We were looking for a bakery who would do French pastries for our wedding and the first time we walked in the door of... Read More Wild Flour we were sold. The cakes were decorated beautifully, and the pastry case was filled with all our favorites! Sue hit it off with my husband Jeff and they bonded over baking, Paris, French cooking, etc. It was so much fun to plan our desserts! The tasting was more than we could have hoped for and the display at our wedding was stunning! At least until our guests tore into it, hahaha! The cakes we ordered were beautiful and delicious! And I can't forget to mention the service. Wild Flour worked with our venue coordinator and our caterer to determine timing and display space and everything was done without a hitch. We've had so many compliments on our desserts and we are so lucky to be able to visit Wild Flour any time we get a craving! Thanks Sue!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Kate H

We absolutely loved our wedding cake! Liz was absolutely wonderful to work with and really made sure to sit down and review all the possible options so I could walk out with the exact cake I wanted. We also really enjoyed the sampling process which gave us the opportunity to try... Read More a number of combinations to chose for our cake flavors.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Sarah H

Working with Wild Flour was one of the easiest aspects of planning our wedding. The process is extremely simple. Our cake was gorgeous and delicious. You'll get the best value at Wild Flour.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ainsley B

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and so delicious! We have had multiple guests ask us where we got the cake because it was their favorite wedding cake they have ever had. The cake was designed exactly how I imagined. Additionally, Sue, the owner, went above and beyond... Read More for us! We only wanted a two tier cutting cake with additional square cakes to serve to our guests. However, because of this, delivery charges are not included. Since we had our wedding at the Cleveland Courthouse and there is no air conditioning or fridges, we had a bit of a problem figuring how we were going to keep the cake from spoiling since the pick up time is typically 2:00 pm (which was the same time as our ceremony). Sue worked with several people and finally allowed for my parents to come pick up the cakes at 5 PM after our ceremony and before our reception. This was a huge help on our big day and made our lives so much easier! It was so amazing to have such great customer service from this great establishment! I plan on getting cakes from Wild Flour for each big occasion in the upcoming years :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lindsay L

Our vendor works with this bakery - but we are so glad they did! They were incredibly easy to work with ahead of time and they definitely got our vision for our cake. It is so nice to be able to take the different types of cake and filling home to try too! Their cakes are sooo... Read More delicious and we had a lot of compliments! Great bakery for a wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Katherine K

Amazing experience! From trying all those flavors and fillings, choosing the colors and design, to the final cutting. Wild Flour was easy to work with. Our cake was so beautiful. It was perfect. And so delicious, I am actually craving some as I write this now. We had 125 guests,... Read More but paid extra to get the 4 tier cake that fed 150. Boy I am glad we did, because we only had about 8 pieces left over. Everyone loved the cake, as much as us. They are AMAZING! I got so many compliments.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Kristi G

“GORGEOUS & DELICIOUS WEDDING CAKE” Our four-tier wedding cake with metallic bands and fresh flowers was absolutely stunning, and far exceeded what we’d envisioned for our special day! It was so perfect, many of our guests didn’t believe it was real…until they tasted it, and... Read More were blown away! Not only was the cake beautiful, every flavor combination was delicious. Liz and the rest of Wild Flour we wonderful to work with, and offered suggestions and expertise to create a cake that perfectly complimented the rest of the wedding décor and our vision. The planning process was extremely easy and enjoyable, and we especially LOVED that we could take home and sample different cake flavor slices and icing combinations. We would highly recommend Wild Flour Bakery, and we will absolutely return to them for all of our future cakes!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Angelica F

Wild Flour did an amazing job on our wedding cake. We got so many compliments on how delicious and beautiful the cake was. Their is a reason why Wild Flour so many awards. They are great.

Susan Johansen

Once upon a time in 1994: Forrest Gump philosophized on a park bench, Simba was dubbed "Lion King," Celine Dion and Snoop Dogg were topping the music charts.....and Sue Johansen opened Wild Flour Bakery in Cleveland, Ohio! Always a lover of travel and adventure, Sue lived in France while in college. She did not originally plan to be a baker (her major was French), but over time, her desire grew to open her own neighborhood bakery so she could help others celebrate the important events in their lives.....with CAKE! THINGS SUE LOVES: Travel, family, dogs, books, and her neon pink glasses!