William Thomas Photography

NYC, Long Island, Hudson Valley, & Worldwide

Modern Wedding Photography & Films, Made With Love

With a flair for the avant-garde and a deep respect for tradition, our team creates unique, cutting edge images that will be cherished forever. Our passion runs deep, and our work is timeless. Call us today, we can't wait to hear your love story!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

NYC, Long Island, Hudson Valley, & Worldwide (631) 902-5321

Wonderful photographer

Reviewed on 4/16/2014

William Thomas photography provided my husband and I with wonderful service. He and his assistant were extremely professional and very patient with our loud and excited family. They were very non-intrusive during the ceremony and the reception. He has a true creative eye, and... Read More our outstanding proofs are clear evidence of that. He makes sure to get more traditional portraits as well as artistic shots- perfect for the traditional mom and the non-traditional bride. Prompt, couterteous, and creative. He has done such a great job that my sister, brother, and cousin all had him as their wedding photographer. I would reccomend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 maria r

AMAZING!!! Within 10 minutes of meeting Billy, my husband and I knew we couldn't wait to work with him. We were looking for a photographer who had a passion for photography and a love of what they did. That is exactly what we found, and so much more. Billy and his team are some... Read More of the most genuinely kind people and it made our day so enjoyable! Everything was so seamless and fun, even with a large bridal party and the first snow of winter!!! Billy and his team became part of the family that day, a month later everyone is still telling us how much they loved our photographers! We received our proofs so quickly, and can't stop showing them off to everyone. You will absolutely love working with William Thomas Photography!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Andrea B

I cannot be more satisfied with Billy and his team. From day one of meeting him and Maggie in a coffee shop in the NYC, we knew we were in good hands. We got married on September 23rd, 2017 in Montauk, NY. Maggie and her team (her + 1 more photographer, +2 videographers)... Read More arrived early and started working right away. A great aspect about their packages is that they don't put a time limit on your day, you tell them when you want them there and they stay until the last dance! Maggie was an absolute superstar on the day of our wedding. She captured so many amazing moments, and was hustling around to every location scoping at great spots to capture. I will never forget her running up a hill (in 85 degrees weather) to meet the bridal party, just to get one more picture. We received our photos within 2 months after our wedding, received our thank you cards within a few days of choosing our photos and received our highlight video/wedding film within 3 months of our wedding day, and we are obsessed with everything!! We cannot recommend this group more!! We've gotten so many compliments on everything! Thank you for capturing our day in the most amazing ways possible!! XOXO

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Ryan H

Going into the wedding planning process, there are numerous details and variables you must comprehensively research and ultimately decide upon. One component for us that was extremely easy to agree upon was the wedding photographer. William and his entire crew from start to... Read More finish were remarkably professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. From the very first instance we communicated with William, it was obvious how much he deeply cares about both his profession and the people he’s photographing. Our first in-person experience with William occurred during our engagement photo shoot and he did not disappoint. He was on time, organized, engaging, enthusiastic and incredibly fun to work with. And although the photo shoot occurred outdoors on one of coldest day of the year, the weather was not a problem whatsoever because William knew exactly where and when he wanted the pictures to be taken and, due to his organizational and people skills, he made a 3-hour photo shoot feel like a few seconds. Once we received the engagement photos back from him, we learned another couple of things about William. First, him and his team are hard workers who promptly get photographs back to you in a timely fashion. Secondly, not only are the pictures beautiful and elegantly done, but his attention to detail and eye for unique perspectives are just some of the reasons why William stands out from other photographers. Leading up to our wedding, I cannot even begin to tell you how many times he told us to reach out to him if we had any questions relating to the whole wedding planning process. A few weeks before the actual wedding day, we talked with William on the phone to go over the schedule and details of the entire wedding day. Everything we discussed perfectly came to fruition on our wedding. William and his entire team were on time at each location throughout the day. We got every picture we wanted and then some. And while you hear about so many weddings where the bride and groom feel overwhelmed with the number of pictures that are taken, we can honestly say we did not feel that way in the least bit. Just like the engagement photo shoot, William and his team knew precisely how many and where pictures needed to be taken, as well as who needed to be in them (and believe me, my wife had an extensive list of people combinations). Finally, when it came to the reception, we did not remember even seeing William and his entire team (two photographers, two videographers and one assistant) more than a handful of times. They knew how to spatially organize themselves and work the room so that my wife and I did not feel consumed or distracted with pictures and videos being taken. Bottom line: William and his team are phenomenal. We cannot recommend William highly enough and can personally guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Leah K

Can there be more than 5 stars to give!??!!? William (Billy) was the most amazing, caring, kind and genuine person I have ever worked with! From our first face to face meeting, Billy gave off such positive vibes. He truly listens to your requests, and is an amazing artist! My... Read More husband hadn't met Billy prior to our engagement shoot. He made us feel so comfortable. We are not photo people and typically steer clear of being in the limelight, however, our shoot was easy going. He made it feel more of a friendly gathering, than a photography shoot. His demeanor puts you at ease, which makes for genuine photos. His eye is amazing, and our pictures are unbelievably beautiful. His entire team are professionals and we cannot say enough great and positive things about our experience with William Thomas Photography at our wedding. Billy is an honest person, and will be upfront with you from the beginning. What you see is what you get. I would pay top dollar again and again for his work! He is an amazing photographer and person!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Dana P

Maggie and Mike were incredible from start to finish! When we first met with Maggie, she was so nice, organized and very laid back. Maggie did our engagement photos at astoria park, and we loved every second about it! My husband is not really photogenic, but Maggie made us feel... Read More so at ease and relaxed. On our wedding day, Mike and Maggie were on time, and got right to work. They both have such talent and vision with photos! Maggie and Mike didn't pressure us with photos during the reception, but told us ahead of time when they were going to take us to the side for a few pictures. We were able to attend cocktail hour and only missed ten mins of the reception. They were there for every photo we wanted. We are so grateful to have went with Billy and his team! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day amazing and a day we both will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Tiffany M

We can't say enough great things about William Thomas Photography! Billy was a pleasure to work with from our first conversation, and we are so grateful to have had Maggie, Mike and Keith with us to capture our big day! A friend sent us to William Thomas and now we have had the... Read More pleasure of doing the same. Looking forward to seeing them again when they capture our close friends' wedding in December!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Marisa F

THE BEST! Where do I begin!?? Billy was recommended to me and from the second I spoke to him on the phone I was pretty certain this is who we needed to photograph and video our wedding. Then meeting him in person the deal was done Billy is so warm and passionate about what he... Read More does and seeing his work left no doubt in my mind. And it paid off. We absolutely love our photos and videos sooooooo much. My family was speechless with everything as well! Billy and his team crushed it. Their professionalism and laid back personalities made the whole day seemless and fun. We are both super uncomfortable in front of a camera and they made it so easy ! Not to mention they made us look pretty good ;) Ohhhhhh and the engagement photos ! Ahhhh!!! Just everything ! Love them! thank you guys for being so awesome ! Marisa & sean !

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jacqui P

William and the entire team made our wedding experience nothing short of personal, stress free & smooth from our engagement shoot throughout our entire wedding. They were prompt with communication prior and after our wedding, made us feel comfortable and really take pride in... Read More their work. Many of our guests said it was so nice to have photographers that weren't constantly stopping the party to take photos. They were able to capture the magic of our wedding while we enjoyed the day from start to finish. Their love and support for my husband and I is greatly appreciated. I had met with a few companies and upon my meeting with William his graciousness and flexibility grabbed my attention and I never looked back. The team even traveled for us upstate as thats where we chose to spend the weekend with our friends and family and have our wedding. We are are so happy with everything the team did. The pictures are stunning and memories we will cherish fora lifetime to come!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017

William & his team are the best. They are a great team. Couldn't have been happier. Such a calming presence on an otherwise chaotic day. He was great getting us together, he's always a person you like to engage with & on top the all that, his pictures are A1. Would recommend him... Read More to any & everyone.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017

William and Mike were absolutely awesome on the day of our wedding. My wife and I struggled to find a photographer last minute and got so lucky we found Will. William and Mike were so polite and had such a positive energy through out the day. It helped put me at ease, making... Read More the day go by so much smoother. The results of the photos were phenomenal. My wife and I couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Alisa C

William and the whole WTP Team are an absolute pleasure to work with! I cannot say enough about them! From our initial meeting, engagement shoot, all the in-between and of course the wedding day- it was a truly wonderful experience. William and the team are very professional,... Read More pay great attention to detail and have the perfect mannerism and energy which make spending a whole day with them super EASY and FUN. All of our photos/ save the dates and thank you's came out beautifully and we received MANY compliments from friends and family. I have recommended and continue to recommend William to anyone looking for a great photographer/videographer team. THANK YOU BILLY!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Colleen J

We could not be more happy with Billy and the whole crew at William Thomas Photography!! We used them for our engagement photoshoot and our wedding. The engagement photoshoot was great because we were able to get to know Billy a bit and he was able to get to know our style and... Read More story. Our wedding day was amazing. The whole team at William Thomas Photography were phenomenal. They were professional, pleasant, funny, engaged, accommodating, and of course talented. They captured so many beautiful moments of our day that we are now able to treasure for a lifetime. From the early morning of getting ready into the late hours of the reception, they were enthusiastic and energetic the entire time. We couldn’t be happier with our pictures, highlight film and wedding film. We watched our film on our one year anniversary and enjoyed every minute of re-living our day, and getting to be a part of moments that we didn’t see that day. My husband and I couldn’t be happier with our experience with Billy and William Thomas Photography and highly recommend them to anyone for all occasions!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Taylor R

Billy and his team are by far the best of the best. They are not only talented professionals, but amazing, kind-hearted individuals as well. It was a pleasure having him by my side all day long! Billy has such a keen eye and knows exactly how to capture those once in a... Read More lifetime shots you only ever dream of having! I couldn't be any happier with the way my photos came out!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Nicole D

My husband and I are over the moon in love with our photos. I met William on another wedding I was styling for a few years ago. I loved his personality from the beginning. Then I saw his work!!! I knew he was the one for us. We actually were teetering between two dates and we... Read More went by William's schedule to pick because we had to have him. He did our engagement pics at our home. He was awesome . He made us so comfortable. My family , puppies and we loved him. The results were breathtaking. Then our wedding came. He captured the most beautiful moments . William and team were not intrusive at all. They blended right in and we're so professional , cool and fun. We got our photos back and we are speechless. I cannot wait to put his work on our walls! I cannot recommend him and his team enough. I am in the industry and I have worked with a lot of photographers. His work speaks for itself. He holds such a special place in our hearts. Ps they also offer videography too. I cannot wait to see. They were an absolute dream to work with. BOOK WILLIAM THOMAS PHOTOGRAPHY❤️❤️❤️

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Matthew F

We first met Billy when he was photographing a close friend’s wedding. He had a positive, calm, and warm energy (a true benefit on the day-of a wedding when things leading up to the ceremony are crazy!) and he was totally unobtrusive. But when we saw the way he was able to... Read More capture the love that was in the room throughout our friend’s wedding and the unique relationships to the couple, we were amazed. Another dear friend and her husband immediately hired him for their wedding the next year. When it came time for planning our own special day, Billy was the only photographer on our list. Billy was already booked on the day of our wedding, but had us meet with his associate, Marguerite (Maggie) Pintauro, who was at our other friends’ weddings as Billy’s second photographer. Maggie was wonderful from our first meeting. She had Billy’s same cool energy, had a great portfolio, and clearly wanted us to have the best photos. We are big theater fans and getting pictures in the theater district was important to us. As the theater district and Times Square are neighbors, this meant a lot of outdoor shots, dodging traffic and tourists. A stressful situation under normal circumstances, forget about being photographed as you navigate the crowds. Maggie was a pro, as was Mike, who was assisting Maggie during our engagement shoot and again at the wedding. We were having so much fun, our engagement shot turned into a 3-hour event; neither Maggie nor Mike said anything as we came up with meaningful spot after meaningful spot where we wanted a photograph. Our wedding was in Connecticut and was a 9-hour event, not including the pre-event photos that Maggie and her team captured and the 1-hour plus family photos we did pre-ceremony. The wedding also included a lot of live performances, including a 10-song cabaret during Cocktail Hour, a sing-along at dinner, and a 2-hour piano bar/open mic after party. Maggie and her team were with us throughout, capturing the amazing moments from the day (scripted and not). People kept saying to us, “Your photographers seem to be everywhere.” Reviewing the amazing shots on the online gallery, it’s clear that Maggie and Mike were indeed everywhere, forever preserving special memories and moments. When we found out we were selected to appear in the NYTimes Wedding Announcements, we immediately went to our amazing selection of photos from our engagement shoot with Maggie. So now for all time, Maggie, William Thomas Photography, and our wedding are forever linked. We couldn’t be happier with the association.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Courtney W

We could not be happier with our experience with William and his team. They are all so genuine and wonderful. We used William for photography and videography for our big day in May 2017. From our first late night meeting at a Starbucks (could he be any more accommodating!?), to... Read More our engagement shoot, to our multiple emails and phone calls, all the way through the big day, William was there every step of the way to make sure we were happy and stress-free. The photos came out beautifully and he truly captures the emotions of not only the bridal party but all the attendees in such a natural way. We can't wait to see the trailer :)

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Tori D

We are so happy with the memories that were captured! Billy and his team are so wonderful and easy to work with! As an artist, I loved the attention to detail and the uniqueness of the photos. We got married on a holiday which I knew would be difficult to find vendors but... Read More Billy and his team were more than happy to photograph our special day! Everyone on the team is works so hard to make sure they capture your special moments. Professional, considerate and a joy to have around!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Danielle C

Billy was so attentive the days leading up to our wedding and touched base with us several times to make sure there wasn't anything he could do to ease the stress of it all. We ended up having rain on and off all day during our wedding. Billy kept a close eye on the weather and... Read More got us outside for some AMAZING photos. He knew how much it meant to me to get those shots and I am so grateful. We also had a large wedding party which I know can often be difficult to manage. Billy and Harrison were never pushy, in fact they were ridiculously polite, and still kept us all on track with the days time line. Our photos are not just wedding photos, they feel like pieces of art. The creativity and thought that went into every shot continues to blow me away. Sending a HUGE thank you to William Thomas Photography. True professionals, and all around awesome people.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Jessica V

The best of the best. Undoubtedly one of the easiest decisions of our wedding was having WT as our photographer. He truly loves what he does and is amazingly talented. His response time is very quick, and he is always looking to help in any way possible. Every experience with... Read More him, from our wedding day, to email exchanges, to our engagement shoot was flawless. He has an eye for capturing the most beautiful scenaries and details. All of the pictures came out even more beautiful than we could have imagined! His team is fantastic as well- we had Maggie and Mike and they were the best! They made our wedding day extra perfect and we couldn't be happier with our experience with them.

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Sinem G

William was fantastic throughout the whole process of preparing for our wedding. Our initial meeting was very positive, and he was very patient, detail oriented, and clearly passionate about his work while explaining and showing his photographs. Leading up to the wedding, he... Read More gained my full trust, and although I was stressed about many other things in our wedding, I knew the photographs would not be something I needed to worry about. Our engagement photos turned out breathtaking with the Manhattan skyline and central park. Our wedding pictures looked like a million dollars in our outdoor setting. He was reassuring and communicated very well during planning and while taking the pictures.He was very clear regarding the whole process, and also very helpful in giving advice. This was important in preventing stress as he is experienced in knowing what works and what doesn't leading up to the special day. He was also open and understanding to our ideas. It was clear that he has the experience in making sure the day (and everything that comes before) runs smoothly. Thank you for the great experience William and the pictures look wonderful!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Victoria B

I cannot say enough nice things about William Thomas Photography! I had seen an engagement shoot of Will's on Facebook before I was even engaged and I knew I wanted him to be my wedding photographer. Throughout the whole process, Will was available to answer my questions, was... Read More very receptive to ideas, and very easy going which made the whole process a breeze. Will also made it very easy to stick to a budget, but not sacrifice quality of work. The day of my wedding, Will and his team arrived on time and ready to work a long day. They were professional, polite, willing to roll with the punches, always upbeat and energetic, and some of the nicest people I have ever met. I highly recommend William Thomas Photography for your big day. You will not be disappointed. Thank you Will, Maggie, Keith, Greg, and Mike for helping to capture memories that my guests and I will never forget! Love, Danny and Vicky Betanzos November 12, 2016

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Jennifer K

Choosing William Thomas Photography was by far the best decision I made in planning my wedding. There are no words to describe how wonderful Billy and his team were on our special day!! Photography was the most important decision for me in the planning process. I spent weeks... Read More pouring over pictures until I saw Billy's work. I knew immediately that I had to meet him. Once we met, I knew I made the right decision. His eye for photography and extreme talent is unsurpassed!! Everyone who sees our engagement pictures and wedding photos say they are the best they have ever seen. All my family and friends said they never saw a team work as hard or take such creative shots before. Billy and his team really felt like part of the family and I wouldn't have chosen anyone else to capture our special memories!!!! I highly recommend you choose William Thomas Photography for photo and video. You will be thrilled with the results! Thanks again Billy and crew!! Love, Jennifer and Todd Keyes 10/30/16 Wedding

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Corey B

I think we have officially co-opted William and his entire crew as the photographer for all of the weddings in my friend group. We loved working with his team from the engagement session through the wedding. It is evident that he cares so much about making you feel at ease and... Read More comfortable so that you get great photos. He was also really effective about getting all the photos to capture the day without feeling invasive or taking away from the moment. I absolutely love the way my pictures came out, and I recommend him highly to anyone and everyone who is looking for the best!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Al L

My wife and I hired William Thomas Photography to do the photography and videography for our wedding and we could not have been happier with our decision. We met Will and his team at a close friend's wedding, and we were immediately impressed with their professionalism,... Read More courtesy, and easygoing nature. After a brief conversation, it felt like Will was an old friend. Will was very easy to work with leading up to the wedding, especially with respect to communication. He responds to emails usually within the hour which is a little thing, but it goes a long way in terms of peace of mind. On the day of, Will and his team were fantastic. We had a big wedding party (18 in total), and Will did a great job of managing such a large group, taking AMAZING pictures, and keeping everyone in line without coming across as bossy in the slightest. Both the digital proofs and the hard copies of our photos came amazing. We were extremely happy with the quality, and the same goes for our thank you cards as well. Bottom line - we are really glad we went with William Thomas, they are a pleasure to work with, they do GREAT work, and we have no regrets whatsoever. We highly recommend them to anyone in the market for a wedding photographer / videographer.