Wedding Dance Lessons

At Windy City Wedding Dance we specialize in custom wedding dance lessons, ballroom dance lessons, and salsa lessons. We make it exciting for beginner, intermediate, or advanced level dancers. Singles, couples, and groups welcome. 3 strategic locations to accommodate clients from all neighborhoods.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Caribbean, Latin, Polka, World Music

410 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL (312) 725-4198

Fox Trottin'

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Kindal W

My Husband and I took dance lessons with Jessica prior to our wedding in February 2015. She came as a recommendation from a friend who had recently gotten married, and I cannot be more happy to have gotten the recommendation! Jessica taught us an entrance, fox trot, box step... Read More and final dip. We didn't want to do anything elaborate, but didn't want to opt for the Jr. High 2 step. We felt comfortable and were able to look unrehearsed while still enjoying our first dance as husband and wife. One of the greatest compliments we received following the dance was from one of my bridesmaids who was getting married 4 months after us. She said after our first dance her fiance leaned over to her and said "We've gotta take those lessons". I'd say that our hard work paid off, but really the lessons turned into really fun date nights for my fiance and I leading up to the big day. Many thanks to Jessica!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Maria A

I'd like to start with saying, I can't say enough good things about our experience, and especially, our instructor, Jessica! My husband and I went into this just wanting a little guidance on our first dance at our wedding. He had never taken a single dance class in his life,... Read More and although I had danced in the past, this was a whole new experience for me as well. Going to the classes was something we would look forward to because Jessica made it so fun. We learned a lot and laughed a lot during the process. Our first dance was everything we wanted it to be and we got so many compliments afterwards. I HIGHLY recommend Windy City Wedding Dance to anybody that is considering taking lessons.

2017-10-18T11:17:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It means the world to us. I don't know where we would be without you.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Suzie P

Jess is awesome! I'm basically the most awkward person in the world, so I was pretty nervous about the first dance at our wedding, but after just a few lessons Jess had us fox-trotting to the point where guests keep telling me how much they loved our dance. And it was super fun,... Read More too! Can't recommend Jess and Windy City Wedding Dance enough - we're hoping after the post-wedding life craziness settles down we'll be able to take some more lessons for fun :)

2017-10-18T11:19:10 Response from the vendor

Fox-trotting rocks! I will be waiting for you. Thank you for writing us a review. We loved having you both.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Allyson P

My husband and I took dance lessons with Jessica before our wedding on 9/9/17. I cannot speak highly enough of Jessica and the whole Windy City Wedding Dance crew. Jessica listened to what we wanted and put together an amazing dance that fit our personality (and dance skills).... Read More She will make sure you are prepared for your first dance. Even more importantly, she will make sure you have fun while practicing. We still get compliments on our first dance! My parents also took dance lessons with Vanessa, and had a wonderful experience. Vanessa also choreographed a great father-daughter dance for my Dad and I. Overall, Windy City Wedding Dance is by far the best for dance lessons in Chicago. Love them!

2017-10-18T11:20:02 Response from the vendor

Well there is nothing like having the entire family. I can't say how much we appreciate your review and you and your mom's taste in shoes.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Tori T

We had an amazing experience with Jessica at Windy City Dance!!

2017-10-18T11:21:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a few words!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lauren J

I have nothing but fantastic things to say about working with Jessica! From the moment we met her, we knew she was the perfect person to teach us our wedding dance. Jessica is so talented, fun loving, and truly cares about her clients. We learned a fantastic tango for our... Read More wedding dance, the crowd went wild and loved our moves. Plus, the dance brought Amir and I closer together being that we always wanted to take dance lessons together. We enjoyed all of our sessions, we even have another dance lesson scheduled with Jessica to start learning a new dance for fun! Thank you so much, Jessica!!!

2017-10-18T11:21:01 Response from the vendor

I had so much fun working with you an Amir. You are some of the most talented passionate students to walk through these doors. We will be seeing each other for a life time.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Allison J

We had an excellent experience with Windy City Wedding Dance and Vanessa (our instructor). She made the lessons fun and choreographed a dance that was great for our music & our styles! I would recommend her in a heartbeat! We learned the basics of fox-trotting and set a... Read More routine for our whole first dance in 4 lessons! Our first dance went flawlessly and we got so many compliments on the dance. Many liked that it was entertaining to watch and our photographer loved that we had lifts and dips (for her photographs). Recommend again in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Madeline K

We took lessons with Jessica over the course of several months and had an amazing time--this was honestly our favorite part of preparing for our wedding! She helped us feel comfortable and confident, and was always such a good teacher. The vibe of the studio is super friendly... Read More and welcoming, which was perfect for newbies like us. Thanks for making our big day so special!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Megan C

As an anniversary present, my fiance gave me wedding dance lessons so we could rock our first couple's dance. We took lessons with Jessica and she was amazing! We learned several different styles and feel very good about our first dance--would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Paul J

My fiancé and I had an absolutely wonderful experience at Windy City Wedding Dance. We received a gift certificate from our family for an initial lesson and were lucky to receive the lesson from Jessica, an instructor who is incredibly nice, patient, and fun! Realizing what a... Read More neat opportunity learning to dance was, we quickly signed-up for 4 more classes, which was just enough to feel 100% confident with our first wedding dance. We even learned an additional dance style for songs other than our first dance. We are getting married in 2 weeks and are looking forward to burning the dance floor with our family and friends! If you are on the fence about taking dance lessons, definitely do it - especially if you have the opportunity to learn from the pros at Windy City Wedding Dance!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Liliana R

We had an amazing experience taking dance classes at Windy City Wedding Dance. Jessica was our instructor. We really enjoyed learning to waltz for our wedding. Jessica has a lot of experience helping couples prepare for their wedding. When we met with her, she listened to our... Read More goals/vision and took the time to explain to us what can be achieved in the given time frame before the wedding. She put together a beautiful and very elegant choreography. Our guests were very impressed with our dancing skills! Highly recommend Windy City Wedding Dance!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Charlotte P

Jessica was our dance instructor and she gave us a great first dance! She was very sensitive to the fact that on our wedding day when we are doing our first dance, we may not be thinking quite as straight as we are on a regular Tuesday. My husband and I are not the best dancers... Read More and Jessica not only gave us a routine, but limited it to just a few steps that we could really feel comfortable with so that in the case of mistakes, it was an easy recovery. I have to say, it was also just a fun date night to have as we got closer to our wedding and on the actual day, our dance went as perfectly as we could have hoped. Thanks!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Sarah M

My husband and I took lessons from Godiva and could not have been happier! She was very patient with us even as we changed what dance we thought we wanted to do and they fact that my husband and I had different levels of dance experience. She provided us great feedback, and... Read More was always very positive and supportive. She came up with a great routine and made sure we left on our last session feeling confidant! The dance went wonderfully and all of our guests were super impressed with our dancing skills with only 4 lessons!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Callie K

They are so great! I got in touch with Jessica (on accident actually), but figured out the studio we had received a gift certificate closed... this was 5 weeks before our wedding. Jessica got us in touch with Alesha right away and we were able to get 4 lessons in before our day!... Read More Alesha is AMAZING! Neither of us had any dance experience, but she helped us learn quickly and we had so much fun doing it! Did I mention it's BYOB too :) Alesha is so friendly and it was so fun to talk and get to know her! We had so many compliments on our first dance and actually felt comfortable doing it!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Jennifer M

Jessica was absolutely wonderful to work with! We took dance lessons with her prior to our October 2016 wedding. My husband and I didn’t have any prior dance knowledge and Jessica made it fun for us to learn together. We learned Nightclub Two Step for our first dance and some... Read More basic Rumba for the father/daughter dance. Let me just say, taking the time to get dance lessons before the wedding was definitely worth it. We had people cheering and in tears by the end of our dance. We loved taking lessons so much that we are actually going to continue for fun. We highly recommend Jessica!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jamie C

We loved Windy City Wedding Dance! Jessica did a great job creating a dance that matched our vision and worked with our skill level and song choice. Our dance went perfectly at the wedding and our guests loved it! As a bonus, we now know how to dance and will no longer look like... Read More we have two left feet at future events!

2016-11-01T08:24:14 Response from the vendor

Jaime, Thank you for taking the time on such short notice to write for us! Ive enjoyed seeing your pictures and posts. Yesterday was one of the most exciting days of our history everyone rallied and supported our cause. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Alesha B

I rented space from Windy City Wedding dance for an event regarding my upcoming wedding. Not only is the space absolutely beautiful, it over looks Michigan Ave and the park, but Jessica was so accommodating and kind. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jun H

Jessica is wonderful, hilarious and an excellent teacherl!!! My hubby Kaz and I took lessons with Jessica for our October wedding. And boy, we had a blast in those lessons. Jessica taught us the nightclub-2 and a bit of salsa too. On the wedding night, we walked out on the dance... Read More floor super confident and just had fun owning it. Thanks so much Jessica!!! Kaz and I seriously had such a fantastic time and taking lessons with you were hands down the most fun we had in the entire wedding planning process. Would highly recommend Windy City Dance to all my amigos.

2016-11-01T08:26:26 Response from the vendor

Hey you owe me a video. Im dying to see those spicy dips we put in there. Did you get the lift in? I did love seeing you in that dress. I appreciate you taking the time and writing me the review. It means the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Bran J

I'm NOT a dancer, but we decided to take dance lessons so I wouldn't feel (or look) awkward out there for our first dance. When looking for a dance studio here in Chicago, I was a bit overwhelmed with the different businesses and so I approached these lessons as I approach any... Read More project in my profession; with research. When I read all of the reviews of Windy City Wedding Dance, absolutely everyone had positive things to say and so I dug into the company a bit more. Windy City Wedding Dance is a woman-owned and run dance studio in the heart of Chicago and in the iconic and stunning Fine Arts Building on Michigan Ave. Before surprising my fiancé with lessons at any dance studio, I stopped by and met Jessica; who started and owns Windy City Wedding Dance. After meeting the Jessica, who would be our dance teacher, I knew without a doubt that this is where I wanted to take my bride to learn our 'First Dance'. Working with Jessica put us both at ease and she was so kind and patient with my dance inabilities. Our First Dance was an absolutely perfect moment that we'll never forget. Plain and simple, I will recommend Windy City Wedding Dance to all my friends and coworkers getting married. Jessica is an amazing dance instructor, businesswoman, and person. Turns out we'll be seeing more of Jessica as we've signed up for group dance lessons! Thanks Windy City Wedding Dance! Cheers, BJ.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda B

Jessica is an awesome teacher, dancer and person! My hubby to be and I aren't big into dancing but we knew it was necessary to take lessons before our big day. After our fist lesson with Jessica we all knew it was going to be a big challenge to put together a routine we both... Read More could do comfortably. We've only been with Jessica for a few lessons but we are already so much more comfortable and relaxed while dancing! We look forward to working with Jess until our wedding day, much respect for this woman!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lina T

Taking dance lessons at Windy City Wedding Dance was an amazing experience. When I came in I had very basic dance skills and my partner had basically none at all. By the end of the lessons we were pretty great and looked awesome on our wedding day! We were able to see the latest... Read More dance performance at the Studebaker theater, which was definitely well worth it. You could really tell that everyone was enjoying themselves including the instructors. All of the instructors really know how to work with their students and take the time to help everyone out. The time and care that they put in to each performance really showed. I would definitely suggest WCWD to anyone getting ready for a wedding or anyone who is just looking to try a new fun activity without any judgement.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Justin C

Jessica with Windy City Wedding Dance helped us absolutely crush our first dance! Jessica is truly a spectacular and committed instructor. We signed up for the 7 class package and definitely needed every single minute of all 7 of them! Haha! We picked a nontraditional, upbeat... Read More song by Charlie Puth and she was able to conceptualize and choreograph a fun, incredibly unique first dance for us! It incorporated the rumba, salsa, and a show-stopping 360 degree lift! Although we were almost just as nervous to perform the first dance as we were to commit to a lifetime together, my wife and I had so much fun learning the steps and performing it that it was one of our favorite parts of the entire wedding! Jessica is an awesome, patient, funny and very talented dance instructor. I’d 100% recommend her to anyone and everyone!

2016-11-01T08:28:53 Response from the vendor

See this where most guys miss out! Did you know you could crush a wedding dance? Justin you crushed and rocked that dance. I appreciate you sharing the video. I brag about you and Sabrina all the time.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lauren W

Jessica is amazing! ! She fully choreographed a beautiful dance for my husband and I. We both have two left feet and she made us look good on the dance floor! We highly recommend her for anyone wanting a truly personalized experience from an amazing teacher. And a huge added... Read More bonus is the beautiful view you get of the city from her studio !!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Chris H

As a guy with zero rhythm or dance moves and a man who has clearly out kicked his coverage on marrying a wife that is far prettier, younger and smarter than me.....the first dance both terrified me but I knew I had to do it right. My wife found Windy City Wedding Dance and... Read More Jessica and I think it's one of the best things we did. Jessica achieved the impossible and not only made me comfortable dancing but also made me feel like I wasn't too bad (please note that she gave us wine almost every dance lesson so my inflated self worth in dancing might have been caused by this). Seriously though the lessons helped tremendously and always felt fun going. I highly recommend this company and Jessica is a miracle worker with those lacking dancing proficiency.

2016-11-01T08:32:43 Response from the vendor

Well I found this read to be hilarious! There is nothing wrong with practicing before the wedding this includes drinking wine and dancing. Chris did put this in on his honeymoon while visiting Paris. Extra credit points! If he remembers correctly, he is scheduled for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jess S

We absolutely loved our experience at Windy City, Jessica was able to tailor our lessons to exactly what we needed and even helped us with our parents dances! Our dance was amazing at our wedding and we had so much fun every week. I would highly recommend Jessica and her team!

2016-11-01T08:35:07 Response from the vendor

Lauren how amazing of you to send this over for us. I loved helping you and getting your parents dances ready as well.

Jessica

I'm Jess, founder of Windy City Wedding Dance. Want to know more about me? You'd probably never guess that I quit my corporate job and took a big risk to follow my passion for dance. Come to find out, I had a niche talent of working with wedding couples, so I opened Windy City Wedding Dance. Now we teach over 3000 wedding dance lessons a year. I like cold beer, fishing, played a college sport, and I just back packed through Europe during the holiday solo. Actually I had a suit case. I don't watch Dancing with The Stars because I am educating toes at that time. See you on the dance floor!