Wedding Dance Lessons

At Windy City Wedding Dance we specialize in custom wedding dance lessons, ballroom dance lessons, and salsa lessons. We make it exciting for beginner, intermediate, or advanced level dancers. Singles, couples, and groups welcome. 3 strategic locations to accommodate clients from all neighborhoods.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Caribbean, Latin, Polka, World Music

410 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL (312) 725-4198

Fox Trottin'

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Kindal W

My Husband and I took dance lessons with Jessica prior to our wedding in February 2015. She came as a recommendation from a friend who had recently gotten married, and I cannot be more happy to have gotten the recommendation! Jessica taught us an entrance, fox trot, box step... Read More and final dip. We didn't want to do anything elaborate, but didn't want to opt for the Jr. High 2 step. We felt comfortable and were able to look unrehearsed while still enjoying our first dance as husband and wife. One of the greatest compliments we received following the dance was from one of my bridesmaids who was getting married 4 months after us. She said after our first dance her fiance leaned over to her and said "We've gotta take those lessons". I'd say that our hard work paid off, but really the lessons turned into really fun date nights for my fiance and I leading up to the big day. Many thanks to Jessica!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Sarah M

My husband and I took lessons from Godiva and could not have been happier! She was very patient with us even as we changed what dance we thought we wanted to do and they fact that my husband and I had different levels of dance experience. She provided us great feedback, and... Read More was always very positive and supportive. She came up with a great routine and made sure we left on our last session feeling confidant! The dance went wonderfully and all of our guests were super impressed with our dancing skills with only 4 lessons!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Callie K

They are so great! I got in touch with Jessica (on accident actually), but figured out the studio we had received a gift certificate closed... this was 5 weeks before our wedding. Jessica got us in touch with Alesha right away and we were able to get 4 lessons in before our day!... Read More Alesha is AMAZING! Neither of us had any dance experience, but she helped us learn quickly and we had so much fun doing it! Did I mention it's BYOB too :) Alesha is so friendly and it was so fun to talk and get to know her! We had so many compliments on our first dance and actually felt comfortable doing it!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Jennifer M

Jessica was absolutely wonderful to work with! We took dance lessons with her prior to our October 2016 wedding. My husband and I didn’t have any prior dance knowledge and Jessica made it fun for us to learn together. We learned Nightclub Two Step for our first dance and some... Read More basic Rumba for the father/daughter dance. Let me just say, taking the time to get dance lessons before the wedding was definitely worth it. We had people cheering and in tears by the end of our dance. We loved taking lessons so much that we are actually going to continue for fun. We highly recommend Jessica!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jamie C

We loved Windy City Wedding Dance! Jessica did a great job creating a dance that matched our vision and worked with our skill level and song choice. Our dance went perfectly at the wedding and our guests loved it! As a bonus, we now know how to dance and will no longer look like... Read More we have two left feet at future events!

2016-11-01T08:24:14 Response from the vendor

Jaime, Thank you for taking the time on such short notice to write for us! Ive enjoyed seeing your pictures and posts. Yesterday was one of the most exciting days of our history everyone rallied and supported our cause. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Alesha B

I rented space from Windy City Wedding dance for an event regarding my upcoming wedding. Not only is the space absolutely beautiful, it over looks Michigan Ave and the park, but Jessica was so accommodating and kind. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jun H

Jessica is wonderful, hilarious and an excellent teacherl!!! My hubby Kaz and I took lessons with Jessica for our October wedding. And boy, we had a blast in those lessons. Jessica taught us the nightclub-2 and a bit of salsa too. On the wedding night, we walked out on the dance... Read More floor super confident and just had fun owning it. Thanks so much Jessica!!! Kaz and I seriously had such a fantastic time and taking lessons with you were hands down the most fun we had in the entire wedding planning process. Would highly recommend Windy City Dance to all my amigos.

2016-11-01T08:26:26 Response from the vendor

Hey you owe me a video. Im dying to see those spicy dips we put in there. Did you get the lift in? I did love seeing you in that dress. I appreciate you taking the time and writing me the review. It means the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Bran J

I'm NOT a dancer, but we decided to take dance lessons so I wouldn't feel (or look) awkward out there for our first dance. When looking for a dance studio here in Chicago, I was a bit overwhelmed with the different businesses and so I approached these lessons as I approach any... Read More project in my profession; with research. When I read all of the reviews of Windy City Wedding Dance, absolutely everyone had positive things to say and so I dug into the company a bit more. Windy City Wedding Dance is a woman-owned and run dance studio in the heart of Chicago and in the iconic and stunning Fine Arts Building on Michigan Ave. Before surprising my fiancé with lessons at any dance studio, I stopped by and met Jessica; who started and owns Windy City Wedding Dance. After meeting the Jessica, who would be our dance teacher, I knew without a doubt that this is where I wanted to take my bride to learn our 'First Dance'. Working with Jessica put us both at ease and she was so kind and patient with my dance inabilities. Our First Dance was an absolutely perfect moment that we'll never forget. Plain and simple, I will recommend Windy City Wedding Dance to all my friends and coworkers getting married. Jessica is an amazing dance instructor, businesswoman, and person. Turns out we'll be seeing more of Jessica as we've signed up for group dance lessons! Thanks Windy City Wedding Dance! Cheers, BJ.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda B

Jessica is an awesome teacher, dancer and person! My hubby to be and I aren't big into dancing but we knew it was necessary to take lessons before our big day. After our fist lesson with Jessica we all knew it was going to be a big challenge to put together a routine we both... Read More could do comfortably. We've only been with Jessica for a few lessons but we are already so much more comfortable and relaxed while dancing! We look forward to working with Jess until our wedding day, much respect for this woman!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lina T

Taking dance lessons at Windy City Wedding Dance was an amazing experience. When I came in I had very basic dance skills and my partner had basically none at all. By the end of the lessons we were pretty great and looked awesome on our wedding day! We were able to see the latest... Read More dance performance at the Studebaker theater, which was definitely well worth it. You could really tell that everyone was enjoying themselves including the instructors. All of the instructors really know how to work with their students and take the time to help everyone out. The time and care that they put in to each performance really showed. I would definitely suggest WCWD to anyone getting ready for a wedding or anyone who is just looking to try a new fun activity without any judgement.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Justin C

Jessica with Windy City Wedding Dance helped us absolutely crush our first dance! Jessica is truly a spectacular and committed instructor. We signed up for the 7 class package and definitely needed every single minute of all 7 of them! Haha! We picked a nontraditional, upbeat... Read More song by Charlie Puth and she was able to conceptualize and choreograph a fun, incredibly unique first dance for us! It incorporated the rumba, salsa, and a show-stopping 360 degree lift! Although we were almost just as nervous to perform the first dance as we were to commit to a lifetime together, my wife and I had so much fun learning the steps and performing it that it was one of our favorite parts of the entire wedding! Jessica is an awesome, patient, funny and very talented dance instructor. I’d 100% recommend her to anyone and everyone!

2016-11-01T08:28:53 Response from the vendor

See this where most guys miss out! Did you know you could crush a wedding dance? Justin you crushed and rocked that dance. I appreciate you sharing the video. I brag about you and Sabrina all the time.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lauren W

Jessica is amazing! ! She fully choreographed a beautiful dance for my husband and I. We both have two left feet and she made us look good on the dance floor! We highly recommend her for anyone wanting a truly personalized experience from an amazing teacher. And a huge added... Read More bonus is the beautiful view you get of the city from her studio !!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Chris H

As a guy with zero rhythm or dance moves and a man who has clearly out kicked his coverage on marrying a wife that is far prettier, younger and smarter than me.....the first dance both terrified me but I knew I had to do it right. My wife found Windy City Wedding Dance and... Read More Jessica and I think it's one of the best things we did. Jessica achieved the impossible and not only made me comfortable dancing but also made me feel like I wasn't too bad (please note that she gave us wine almost every dance lesson so my inflated self worth in dancing might have been caused by this). Seriously though the lessons helped tremendously and always felt fun going. I highly recommend this company and Jessica is a miracle worker with those lacking dancing proficiency.

2016-11-01T08:32:43 Response from the vendor

Well I found this read to be hilarious! There is nothing wrong with practicing before the wedding this includes drinking wine and dancing. Chris did put this in on his honeymoon while visiting Paris. Extra credit points! If he remembers correctly, he is scheduled for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jess S

We absolutely loved our experience at Windy City, Jessica was able to tailor our lessons to exactly what we needed and even helped us with our parents dances! Our dance was amazing at our wedding and we had so much fun every week. I would highly recommend Jessica and her team!

2016-11-01T08:35:07 Response from the vendor

Lauren how amazing of you to send this over for us. I loved helping you and getting your parents dances ready as well.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Aakruti M

Salsa, was something my husband and I always wanted to learn together. And Jessica made it a fun experience for us. Me being a non dancer, signing up for the lessons initially was a bit intimidating; but come our first session & we were on a roll! Since then there was no... Read More looking back. Not only did we learn Salsa but also picked up Bachata. Thanks Jess 😊👍🏻

2016-11-01T08:36:49 Response from the vendor

Aakruti I never laughed more with you two! You certainly improved throughout the year and I will keep inviting you to our events. I love seeing you travel the world together and Ive enjoyed learning about both of you.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jenna A

We love Windy City! Jessica was so patient with my (now) husband and I - both very beginners at dance. We were both pretty nervous at first, but really enjoyed the classes and definitely want to learn more! Jessica made converts of us :)

2016-11-01T08:39:44 Response from the vendor

Jenna where are you? I miss you two. Where is my video of your dance? I can't wait to see it. Also did you get your final assignment and departure date yet? I want to go to dinner!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Suresh P

Jessica is AMAZING! Prior to our first lesson, neither my fiancee nor I had ever had any formal dance training of any sort (and, after almost 2 years together, had never danced together!). Before long, Jessica had us foxtrotting and rhumba-ing to our chosen first song,... Read More breaking up the song into manageable bites, and adding enough flair to the routine that our guests will be amazed. Jessica's method of instruction is perfect: patient, kind, and always willing to demonstrate even the most simplest of steps repeatedly until we were comfortable. Most importantly, my fiancee and I now have a natural rhythm with each other and do not have to count steps or look away from each others eyes. I would not have thought this possible a couple of months ago. Windy City Wedding Dance and Jessica are truly the best in Chicago!

2016-11-01T08:41:39 Response from the vendor

Ok my love goes above beyond for you two. I feel like Im at home when you come to the studio. Its like the buckeye comes out, we can day drink, eat donuts. What else could I ask for in a client? Thank you for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Anne S

Jessica was an amazing teacher!!! We absolutely loved her and she made dancing not so scary for my husband. We took 6 lessons before our wedding and it was an absolute blast. She's also super flexible which helped when we occasionally had some last minute conflicts pop up due to... Read More work and other things. She's worth every penny and we would highly recommend her. Seriously the best!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie L

Jessica and the team are amazing! My fiance was not a horrible dancer but definitely needed some help and she made sure we felt comfortable the whole time. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Windy City Wedding Dance.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Emily P

Jessica was great, for being beginning dancers she made my wife and I feel very comfortable! Thank you Jessica!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Yolande A

Amazing place and the instructor takes her time and really cares about every couple that she teaches.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Dan W

Jessica and her team at Windy City Wedding Dance are absolutely fantastic! My fiance and I took 15 dance lessons prior to our wedding and learned a variety of dances. Jess was a great instructor and taught us everything from fundamentals, to rhythm, and to finer details like... Read More posture and styling. She was extremely patient and upbeat in every lesson. Also, she was very accommodating with our schedules. We have nothing but good things to say about her and her team - we enjoyed the lessons so much we are planning on taking more after the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Michelle C

Jessica and her team are amazing! We absolutely loved our lessons. We took roughly one class per week for 15 weeks, and our lessons made for great dates - this was definitely the most fun part of planning. Jess and her team are upbeat and patient, and she helped us build a... Read More personalized routine that we love. We felt completely comfortable with our routine around 11 lessons, so it's been nice to spend some lessons learning other dance styles that we can use at our wedding and beyond. We love Jess and WCWD so much we plan to continue dancing with them after our wedding. We would absolutely recommend WCWD to anyone and everyone we know!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Chrissy W

Windy City Wedding Dance was the perfect choice for my husband and I before the wedding! We had three great lessons with Jessica Mays which gave us great steps for a first dance and a good level of confidence for the big day. Jessica and her whole team are great instructors.... Read More They make the dance lessons fun and are really engaging/friendly! I would highly recommend Windy City dance for any couples that are looking to learn a great first dance to wow their guests!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Erin S

Jessica was a very patient and understanding dance instructor for us! We played our first dance song for her and she came up with several dance moves we could interchange throughout our dance. We took 6 lessons, which was a perfect amount. (I would not suggest taking any less... Read More than 6 lessons if you want to feel comfortable and at ease when you're dancing. ) Our first dance was a huge hit and we felt like amazing dancers!

Jessica

I'm Jess, founder of Windy City Wedding Dance. Want to know more about me? You'd probably never guess that I quit my corporate job and took a big risk to follow my passion for dance. Come to find out, I had a niche talent of working with wedding couples, so I opened Windy City Wedding Dance. Now we teach over 3000 wedding dance lessons a year. I like cold beer, fishing, played a college sport, and I just back packed through Europe during the holiday solo. Actually I had a suit case. I don't watch Dancing with The Stars because I am educating toes at that time. See you on the dance floor!