Marriage is an Adventure...

...Your wedding day should be one too. Winter Park Resort has two mountaintop venues with majestic views and natural wildflowers. It is the perfect balance of rustic charm and modern amenities. Quite simply the most adventurous and down-to-earth setting.

• Outdoor - Covered

Mountain, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

85 Parsenn Road, Winter Park, CO (970) 726-1567

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Christine B

Our wedding up at Sunspot Lodge was everything we wanted and more for our big day. The views across the valley and resort are amazing, the venue is incredible, and the food is so good. It was so easy to have everything all in once place, including the ceremony, the reception,... Read More the after party, and the lodging. Everyone was well taken care of and we heard nothing but good reviews from guests. Everything went off without a hitch because of the great staff, including Emily, Kendall, and Jesse. They were there to answer every question and offer help every step of the way throughout the entire planning process and through the entire event. We would definitely recommend booking Winter Park to anyone looking into the venue. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Christina B

Our guests are still raving about our picture perfect destination wedding at Winter Park Resort. Emily Jackson could not have made the week any smoother or relaxing for all of us. She was incredibly helpful and responsive during the planning process thousands of miles apart. The... Read More big day went better than we could have hoped thanks to Emily's preparation, flexibility and nothing short of magic. The entire staff coordinating gondolas, preparing and serving DELICIOUS food, as well as overseeing accommodations for our guests were all top notch. If you are looking to elevate your wedding to the next level, the views atop Sunspot and entertaining Village at the base won't disappoint! Thanks again to Emily and her entire staff at WP for all the wonderful memories. We look forward to many anniversary trips to come!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Kristin B

I grew up in Colorado but planned my wedding from out of state. Winter Park Resort was perfect. They were super helpful and everything was done to the upmost standard. Emily was easy to reach via email or text and was available to talk at any time. First of all the venue was... Read More amazing. The guests were welcomed and everyone had a great weekend. The food was beyond outstanding. Lets be honest, wedding food is not always well prepared, however the steak and fish were cooked to perfection. The day of was easy and the space they give you to get ready in was really fun with great food. Honestly I could not have imagined my wedding anywhere else and my husband and I are so happy we had our wedding there!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Monique B

Winter Park was a gorgeous place for our wedding. The wedding coordinators were really great to work with, the food was delicious, the location breathtaking. Guests loved riding up the chair lift and loved the food and the venue. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Lindsay G

Loved everything about this venue and location!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Megan D

What a wonderful and absolutely beautiful venue! Highly recommend!! Our guests are still talking about the resort, and the food. On our day it ended up hailing in the morning so the lifts were shut down (would prepare for backup in case to set up), but the afternoon/evening... Read More turned out with perfect weather. The service was outstanding even our guests commented that they were well taken care of at the wedding and during their entire stay at the resort. We had the choice to choose between the Lodge across the street, and the Resort and chose the Resort because of how great Emily (the coordinator) was. The Resort always exceeds our expectations on quality, and this was no exception. Thank you everyone for the best day, and we cant wait to visit it yearly!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Lisa T

We had a wonderful time at the Winter Park Resort. I would highly recommend it to anyone! All of her guests got to take the ski lift up to the sunspot lodge where we had our ceremony out on the deck and a delicious dinner and dancing inside! Our guests were impressed with... Read More everything from the setting, service, dinner and overall experience. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Emily, our wedding planner, was helpful every step of the way, and made sure everything went smoothly from the moment we checked in until the day we checked out! I can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Katherine G

We couldn't have been happier with the location and the wedding staff ! We received a lot of compliments from guests saying how good the food was (try their in-house desserts!!) and how beautiful the venue was with the wooden beams, large windows and views of the mountains and... Read More the sunset. Some even said it was the most fun wedding they had been too with the chairlift ride up and mountain top ceremony. A special thank you to Emily as she made the process so easy for us. Every time we talked to Emily we felt better and we knew we were in good hands. She did so much more than just coordinate the day of. She has an unwavering upbeat attitude that helped us stay calm (which is priceless!). Jesse was amazing too and was so pleasant to work with, what an amazing team! We would pick Sunspot and the wedding team again in a heartbeat, no question.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Nadège R

From day one I decided to do the majority of the planning myself, and to hire a day of coordinator to execute on our wedding day. Winter Park Resort seemed to be a dream come true, then, when we heard that the wonderful Emily Jackson was not only the sales manager for events,... Read More but also takes over day of coordination on the big day. Emily's wealth of experience, helpful advice throughout and calm, "say yes" approach to all questions/concerns/thoughts/new decorating ideas, put me so at ease from day one and I couldn't be more grateful to her. During our venue search she was the only person that replied to our inquiry and follow up questions quickly, had great energy during our site tour, and seemed genuinely pleased to meet us and to want to help our vision come to life. Not only that, but she helped us plan our rehearsal dinner, welcome party, AND day after breakfast. As for the venue itself, the Lodge at Sunspot is above and beyond what we could have imagined. We wanted to be on-mountain, at an "all in one" venue: nothing to build from the ground up, hotels within walking distance to everything, and amenities galore. Plus, the Resort is a very "Colorado" experience and perfectly showcased our home state to our family and friends - riding the chairlift with my father, in my wedding dress, was a highlight I won't soon forget.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Janine M

They say dreams don't come true, but mind did on August 5, 2017 at Winter Park Ski Resort. I am an out of state bride (New Jersey) and wanted a mountain destination wedding. Winter Park Ski Resort had everything that we wanted. The best part of this venue is that it comes with... Read More Emily Jackson, their amazing wedding coordinator. Whether an in or out of state bride, Emily will make wedding planning stress free. She was easily reached by email and always answered all of my questions and eased any of my concerns. I was worried about the weather but Emily always had a plan and kept me updated. I can not say enough great things about her. SHE IS AMAZING AT HER JOB! All of my guests commented that it was an absolutely beautiful ceremony and they could not get over the views. You can not go wrong with this venue!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Mary C

Our wedding at Winter Park was better than we ever could have imagined. It made being a bride so simple because of all the help and accommodations from all of the staff there. Every single person there was a pleasure to work with and be around, and they truly helped to make our... Read More day perfect. Not to mention, the sky at 10,000 feet on top of the Rocky Mountains is absolutely breathtaking. Our wedding guests are still talking about the sunset months later....if you love the mountains, Winter Park is an unforgettable wedding venue. :)

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Caitlin H

We had our wedding at the Lodge at Sunspot on 9/2/17. It was a perfect venue with great staff. Emily was amazing and helped us plan a great wedding. Would highly recommend both her and Winter Park!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Jenna H

We had the perfect wedding at winter park! Emily and her staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating from planning, the rehearsal and the wedding day. Eveything went smoothly. The bridal suite was the perfect place to get ready. The vendors that emily recommended were great... Read More and most had discounted travel fees. We never felt like we were one of many instead we always felt like they knew us. This was the perfect place for our perfect day!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Kari F

Winter Park Resort is absolutely stunning and a great place to get married. The resort itself is a great place to gather family and friends for the weekend. We had many people come up early to hang out around the resort together. We had our wedding and reception at the Lodge at... Read More Sunspot. It's gorgeous and taking the lift up to a wedding was so fun for our guests (we've been told!). The views from the reception hall are fantastic and the night was beautiful. The food and drinks were both great and we had such a fun party. The staff at WP takes great care of you. Emily and her team are dedicated to the bridal parties day of, which helps to eliminate stress. The bridal suite is HUGE and was such a fun/comfortable place for the ladies to get ready. They served lunch, so we didn't have to worry about a thing. There is not a designated spot for the guys to get ready in, but my husband and his friends got ready in our condo, which was just steps to the ski lift. It worked out just fine. I would do it all over again and would choose WP every time. It's truly a wedding adventure!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Jessica P

My wedding day was perfect! Winter Park Resort is such a beautiful place to get married. I could not imaging getting married anywhere else. I was completely calm on my wedding day thanks to Emily. Emily is the wedding coordinator at the Resort, and She took care of every last... Read More detail. Her bubbly energy and take charge attitude will make your experience too notch. Also, my bridal party loved going down the Alpine slide. I would definitely recommend getting married here.

2017-08-23T10:23:08 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure helping with your wedding day! So lovely to hear your guests enjoyed all the resort has to offer!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nadia J

This was truly our dream wedding and Emily made it happen! We had a lot of special requests and Emily made it work. She was quick and responsive and really made us feel important. This venue is gorgeous and the views were amazing! It makes it easy on your budget for decor... Read More because you really don't need much. We had a fall wedding and the weather was gorgeous with all the fall colors our guests from out of town could not believe how beautiful everything turned out! Thanks for everything Sunspot and Emily Jackson! :)

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Stephanie M

Winter Park truly provided our dream wedding. Emily was great to work with, friendly and accommodating through the whole process. She and the Sunspot really went above and beyond to provide world-class service, not to mention the tastiest wedding dinner I have ever had. Her... Read More decisiveness was AMAZING on the big day when all the rest of us were crazy with excitement! Not only was Sunspot gorgeous, but watching my family members young and old explore WP village conveniently on foot, and ride the ski lift up to the venue was priceless. We were so happy to share a favorite mountain spot with our flatlander families!! I can't provide a high enough recommendation for Emily and Sunspot at WP. :)

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Quinn C

We just had our wedding in Winter Park this August and it was an amazing experience from start to finish. Emily and Kendall were fantastic throughout the whole process and the day of we didn't have to worry about a thing, from coordinating all of the vendors to setting up our... Read More place cards and dessert tables, and not to mention dealing with some ridiculous questions from my parents along the way. The whole day went off without a hitch and our guests cannot stop raving about the views and how delicious the food was. We had looked at some other mountain venues but I don't think many can compare to Winter Park, it was well worth it!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kelsi L

We absolutely loved our wedding in Winter Park! Emily (the event coordinator at this venue) is really the game changer when we compared different venues. She basically acted as my wedding coordinator since I was coordinating the wedding from Denver. The weather turned out... Read More beautiful, except for being slightly on the cool side (end of August). The bar staff had drinks waiting for our guests as they entered the cocktail area (the best surprise!); the wait staff was overall good except we did have to wait for about 10 minutes to get our first drink. The steak and chicken duo option was delicious -- we got great reviews from friends. The vegetarian option was an enormous butternut squash (too much squash IMO) with some risotto/mushroom mix; I heard it was OK. The WP staff helped tear down our items at the end of the night, and were very gracious when we picked up our items later the next day after my dad forgot to get them! My husband was disappointed by the quality of the comped room for our honeymoon night. It's supposed to be a free room and we were expecting something nice with a large bathtub or something, but it was the least nice room that I've seen in the whole hotel. The pillows were terrible making it difficult to sleep well. We wished we could've kept our original room the night before the wedding and paid for it ourselves. Besides a few of the things mentioned, overall we loved the resort and would highly recommend Emily and her team!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Nancy K

Amazing Venue that made our Rustic-Romantical dreams come to fruition! If you live the adventure lifestyle and want every one in your wedding to do the same, then Winter Park Resort is the ONE! My husband and I couldn't be any more ecstatic over our adventure WP wedding and we... Read More thank the gracious staff at our night prior meet and eat, ceremony and reception, the morning after brunch and of course a super kudo's to the now Mrs. Emily for all that had been done for us! ;-)

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Emily J

Winter Park Resort was an excellent place to get married! It was a destination wedding of sorts, as both of our families came from the midwest. Everyone was extremely happy about the accommodations and resort in general. The Lodge at Sunspot blew everyone away! Ceremony,... Read More cocktail hour, dinner and dancing were all in the same location which made things really easy! Our guests are still raving about the food. "Best wedding food ever!". We felt very taken care of by the staff at Sunspot. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a uniquely Colorado wedding!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Kelly B

Winter Park Resort was an excellent wedding venue! We got married at The Lodge at Sunspot, the ski lodge at the top of the mountain. The ceremony was on a beautiful wooden deck adjacent to the lodge, and the reception was inside the lodge, which is wooden with three walls of... Read More large windows overlooking the mountains. Guests ride the chairlift up; the venue then loads 4 person gondola cars for the ride down. There are only 5 gondola cars in a row, so if all guests are leaving at the same time, only 20 can ride down per 5-10 minutes. There is also a bus, but it is less scenic. The food was excellent, and the venue accommodated a twist on their traditional menu to cater an entirely vegetarian meal. There are a number of restaurants in the ski village willing to do rehearsal dinners or brunches. The resort also rents out spaces if you want to organize your own or caters if you prefer to have it all done by the resort. This was an out of town wedding, but was very easy to plan with the wedding coordinators at the resort. I would recommend Kendall if you have a choice! I had a bridal suite to get ready in with my bridal party and family and the resort took care of setting up all of the decorations I brought. It was amazing to show up to the venue already looking beautiful! A late September wedding was wonderful. Most days were 55 and sunny, and the aspen trees were all bright yellow. That said, it did snow during our wedding ceremony, so weather can be unpredictable. The resort also has an alpine slide and an amazing mountain bike park, but both close for the season at some point, so I would check with the resort to make sure they are open for a fall wedding. The only thing that was not communicated well to me prior to arrival was that the Vintage Hotel (quite affordable) is ~0.5 miles away from the chairlift and main resort village. During the day, guests can ride a mini-gondola down to the village, but after the ceremony, many of my guests ended up walking home in the dark. We stayed in the Zephyr Lodge, which was right in the middle of everything and had a kitchen, living room, and a great view. I would suggest the Zephyr Lodge for guests even though it is slightly more expensive. In all, I would choose Winter Park Resort for my wedding 100 times over if I were planning it again. We will always remember our day fondly and will return to ski and mountain bike in the future!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Grant G

Our Mary Jane wedding was beyond our dreams come true. From the beginning, Emily was so easy to work with and helped us create a dream wedding from scratch at the Mary Jane base. She responded to every request with "yes", helping us pull of our non-traditional wedding. We had 80... Read More guests from all over the world fly in for our wedding and many said this was the most beautiful and fun wedding they had ever attended. Considering we got married at Winter Park resort, the total cost including our venue fee was very reasonable. Emily made the entire wedding planning process fun, and it never felt stressful. I trusted her and Kendall to implement our vision, and it truly was more than I could have imagined. The food was amazing, dinner and bar service was top-notch, and the night unfolded seamlessly--and I have these 2 to thank for making it happen. Having our guests all stay at the Winter Park base (great accommodations!) made the event very convenient, and it just felt like a giant family vacation! I was nervous to pull of a non-traditional Mary Jane wedding, especially with requests that could have easily gone wrong...top-of-the-mountain first look arrangements, self-serve gelato station, dancing under the stars on a mountain in September, and a first dance around a bonfire with sparklers.... but looking back, I would not have had it any other way and these 2 really made magic happen! Thanks so much Emily and Kendall. -- Kalyn & Grant

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Tori D

Winter Park Resort was an Amazing Place to have a wedding. It was so beautiful! Just know that this is it, this is THE Place. Winter Park was awesome! All our guests were floored and everything went very smoothly. Our wedding, pictures, video were all beautiful. The Food was... Read More AWESOME!!! Emily is THE BOMB. She is so helpful, has great ideas, answers all your questions and is so professional. She is a breath of fresh air, and always there to help. She's so on top of it. I am so glad we chose this as our venue, could not have been better!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Katy F

Emily and the staff at Winter Park made our day very special. Emily is very professional and was accommodating to our every wish. Emily is very detailed oriented, and had every last detail covered. My husband and I were not stressed at all on our wedding day, because Emily had... Read More everything under control. Jesse and the staff at Sunspot where amazing. Very professional. They were wonderful with all of our guests, giving special attention to the kids that were there. Winter Park and the Sunspot were absolutely gorgeous. Emily, Jesse and the Winter Park staff truly made our day special.

Meet The Coordinator

Emily Jackson

Hello! My name is Emily, I am the wedding venue coordinator at Winter Park Resort. I have lived in the area for the past 9 years; working my way up through food and beverage to now planning weddings! I am your go-to girl for all things ceremony, reception and lodging related. I love my job. I love getting to know couples, their family and friends and plan and execute an event of a lifetime. Hope to hear from you about planning your dream day!