Woman's Club of Wisconsin

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering

813 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, WI

Best service a bride could ask for!

Reviewed on 7/05/2011 Erinn L

The service here is absolutely amazing. Every care was accounted for and nothing went unnoticed. The entire staff was so incredibly kind, I can not imagine having had our wedding reception anywhere else. Not too mention the AMAZING cuisine!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016

I would highly recommend The Women's Club of Wisconsin as the perfect wedding venue. We held my daughter's wedding there in June 2016. We had a final count of 176 guests. My daughter had a mid afternoon ceremony in the elegant ballroom. Immediately following the ceremony the... Read More guests were directed down to the main level of this beautiful historic mansion for a fun and relaxing time of appetizers while the bridal party concentrated on pictures and the staff flipped the ballroom & decorated for the dinner and reception. The main contact person we dealt with in our planning process was Valorie. She was wonderful from start to finish. From my first telephone conversation months before the wedding to the actual wedding week she was informative, helpful and so patient - never rushed in dealing with the many questions and situations that came up when planning a wedding. I don't know how she does it dealing with as many weddings week after week but she made us feel completely special all throughout the entire process. In regards to the menu we knew after our tasting that the food was going to be exceptional. Our biggest worry was if the chef could accomplish for 176 guest what he did for our small group during the tasting. The bottom line is that the guests RAVED about everything from the appetizers we chose to the dinners that were served. This is the great benefit of choosing a venue with a chef on staff who can be in complete control in his own kitchen! Each and every member of the staff from the valet parking guys to the food servers were completely polite and professional. I was most impressed with the fact that any small request I had during the actual wedding day directed to either the valet staff, wait staff or Valorie herself all were addressed within minutes of me asking for something. They were so professional and obviously were all on board to make the day perfect for the bride and groom. A great big Thank You to The Women's Club for an incredible day.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Elizabeth W

The Woman's Club is a hidden gem. The club is beautiful, the staff friendly and helpful, the food is delicious. The coordinator was extremely helpful. She offered suggestions that made my day better and took care of every detail with confidence. I never spent any energy... Read More worrying about the wedding reception and all my expectations were exceeded. My reception was beautiful, I had so many compliments on the venue. I couldn't imagine a better place.

A hidden treasure!! Nails the vintage theme.

Reviewed on 7/03/2015 Alisa B

This venue was spectacular for a wedding. I've live in WI my whole life and had never heard or seen this building before. It wasn't until a family friend of the groom, who was a member there, suggested we take a look and she would be willing to sponsor us if we committed. After... Read More looking at several of the typical reception venues like country clubs and golf courses, it took one look at the The Women's Club and I knew it would be perfect for but also unique. The building is old but beautiful with antique furniture and has that real vintage feel about it. The main level feels like you've stepped onto the Titanic and you've been transported back in time to a classy and formal event. There are several beautifully decorated rooms on the main level with many great locations and decor for photos. Plus lots of room to mingle during cocktail hour. They offered valet for guests. The furniture and decor of the main level is done so well there was barely any need to add anything for the wedding. I opted to bring in a few flowers for the gift and cocktail tables, plus added a few pictures around the venue to make it a little more personal. The food and service was OUTSTANDING. Can't say enough about the food. The guests were raving about it. Once it's time for dinner and dancing, the dinner bell is rung and the guests make their way up two beautiful staircases to the ballroom upstairs. The ballroom is a good size but not too big. We had 16 tables plus a small sweetheart table, and still had room to dance up front. There is a stage which was perfect for the band we hired. But also good to have the stage so the music professionals don't take up extra room on the main floor. There was a small balcony window above the ballroom which was the perfect spot to toss the bouquet and for the photo/video professionals to get a birds eye view of the festivities. I did not have my ceremony here but can image with the stage and set up, you could have a beautiful ceremony there. I loved this location so much I would highly recommend it to any bride who was looking for a vintage/romance theme.

Exceptionally Pleased Parents

Reviewed on 7/23/2011 Sarah Beth L

We recently held our daughter's wedding at the Women's Club of Wisconsin (June 25, 2011) and it was fabulous. From beginning to end their attention to detail assisted our preparation for the event in every way possible--not to mention what a stunning venue the actual... Read More surroundings of the club itself provide. The dinner was first rate and all of our guests commented on the excellent quality of the food. Our daughter and son-in-law had requested a uniquely styled wedding cake which was prepared by their own pastry chef to their exact specifications and it turned out even better than they had anticipated. Special kudos to Kathy Hopp whose guidance throughout the planning stages and the actual event gave my husband and I the time to relax and truly enjoy the wonderful celebration. I highly recommend this wedding venue without reservation.