Woman's Club of Wisconsin

Milwaukee, WI

For Over 130 Years, Memories Have Been Made Here

One block from the lakefront, the entire historic clubhouse and private parking lot is yours for the day. Our on-site wedding planner and executive culinary team will create the perfect day for you and your guests.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering

813 East Kilbourn Ave., Milwaukee, WI

Best service a bride could ask for!

Reviewed on 7/05/2011 Erinn L

The service here is absolutely amazing. Every care was accounted for and nothing went unnoticed. The entire staff was so incredibly kind, I can not imagine having had our wedding reception anywhere else. Not too mention the AMAZING cuisine!

A hidden treasure!! Nails the vintage theme.

Reviewed on 7/03/2015 Alisa B

This venue was spectacular for a wedding. I've live in WI my whole life and had never heard or seen this building before. It wasn't until a family friend of the groom, who was a member there, suggested we take a look and she would be willing to sponsor us if we committed. After... Read More looking at several of the typical reception venues like country clubs and golf courses, it took one look at the The Women's Club and I knew it would be perfect for but also unique. The building is old but beautiful with antique furniture and has that real vintage feel about it. The main level feels like you've stepped onto the Titanic and you've been transported back in time to a classy and formal event. There are several beautifully decorated rooms on the main level with many great locations and decor for photos. Plus lots of room to mingle during cocktail hour. They offered valet for guests. The furniture and decor of the main level is done so well there was barely any need to add anything for the wedding. I opted to bring in a few flowers for the gift and cocktail tables, plus added a few pictures around the venue to make it a little more personal. The food and service was OUTSTANDING. Can't say enough about the food. The guests were raving about it. Once it's time for dinner and dancing, the dinner bell is rung and the guests make their way up two beautiful staircases to the ballroom upstairs. The ballroom is a good size but not too big. We had 16 tables plus a small sweetheart table, and still had room to dance up front. There is a stage which was perfect for the band we hired. But also good to have the stage so the music professionals don't take up extra room on the main floor. There was a small balcony window above the ballroom which was the perfect spot to toss the bouquet and for the photo/video professionals to get a birds eye view of the festivities. I did not have my ceremony here but can image with the stage and set up, you could have a beautiful ceremony there. I loved this location so much I would highly recommend it to any bride who was looking for a vintage/romance theme.

Exceptionally Pleased Parents

Reviewed on 7/23/2011 Sarah Beth L

We recently held our daughter's wedding at the Women's Club of Wisconsin (June 25, 2011) and it was fabulous. From beginning to end their attention to detail assisted our preparation for the event in every way possible--not to mention what a stunning venue the actual... Read More surroundings of the club itself provide. The dinner was first rate and all of our guests commented on the excellent quality of the food. Our daughter and son-in-law had requested a uniquely styled wedding cake which was prepared by their own pastry chef to their exact specifications and it turned out even better than they had anticipated. Special kudos to Kathy Hopp whose guidance throughout the planning stages and the actual event gave my husband and I the time to relax and truly enjoy the wonderful celebration. I highly recommend this wedding venue without reservation.