World Food Prize Hall of Laureates

Des Moines, IA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Imagine Your Wedding at the Hall of Laureates

Wow your guests, impress your mother-in-law and have access to the most spectacular picture-perfect space in the Midwest. Feel like royalty with our unparalleled grand staircase, two incredible ballrooms, the best restrooms in the city, and wave like Princess Kate from our elegant balcony.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Museum, Park

Food + Catering, Planning

100 Locust Street, Des Moines, IA (515) 245-3735

The most beautiful setting in Des Moines

Reviewed on 4/25/2014 Courtney O

I had never been to the World Food Prize Building until I was looking at wedding venues. My little sister has taken photos there before and said we must go see it. From the moment I walked in the door I knew that it was the place! The building it self is so classic and... Read More beautifully detailed that there is no reason to decorate it. Classic brides will find that it is the perfect back drop. We had guests from all over the country and the world come to our wedding and they were all blown away by the building. Many people commented that they "Could not believe a place like this was in Iowa". The staff was great to work with and went out of their way to make the building "ours". They opened the building for us on off days so that we could have our engagement pictures taken there and also so that I could have a private Bridal session of photos taken there as well. The best part of the building might just be the grand staircase that will make any women feel like a princess on her wedding day. The price is a little higher than other venues but if you think of what you will save on decorations and rentals for the tables / chairs you will be way ahead!

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Katie K

ur wedding reception could not have had a more STUNNING venue!!!! It is so gorgeous and the different spaces available really helped make the flow of the day flawless!!! We had separate areas for cocktail hour, dinner, and the dance! The World Food Prize staff, wedding planner... Read More Jamie Collette, and Windsor Catering created the most beautiful, fun, stress-free day ever! I would not hesitate in recommending this venue for your wedding or event!!!

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Heidi D

The World Food Prize couldn't have been a more perfect venue for our Winter Wedding. This place is just GORGEOUS... straight out of a movie! Not to mention, the staff is so helpful and easy to work with. The building is easy to get around and has such great options when it comes... Read More to your wedding ceremony and reception! The classic and historic feel was exactly what I wanted and everything was perfect! I highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Trisha B

My husband and I were married here October 22, 2016. Our wedding was amazing and went off with out a hitch! We used Windsor Catering and they did an absolutely amazing job. The gardens were full of mums and they were so pretty on our day. We couldn't have asked for a more... Read More beautful venue, beautiful gardens, and just all around wonderful day.

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Sarah S

The World Food Prize was the most beautiful setting for my bridal shoot! I am so glad I went with them. The background of my photos is breathtaking and I couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 sadhaf p

I would recommend having your wedding at the World Food Prize. The whole building is absolutely gorgeous and it saves you a ton of money with trying to add extra decorations because you do not need them at all. The staff was amazing and on point any time we needed anything. Our... Read More pictures are priceless because there are so many picture options to chose from. We had our ceremony and rehearsal dinner there. Which made it very easy for guests to just sit back and enjoy the evening.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Allissa G

From the sunlight pouring through the stained glass windows to the elegant, perfectly maintained gardens, everything about our wedding at the World Food Prize was wonderful. The building and grounds are rich in history, full of breathtaking views and architecture and were easily... Read More accessible by our older guests. And the ever-helpful staff were both organized and flexible as my husband and I planned our wedding from abroad. The World Food Prize is truly a top-notch location.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Lauren D

If you are looking for a venue that stuns, look no further! The architecture, history, and views make this place a no brainier! Do not pass up at least looking at this venue! Our guests were floored! Tip: make sure to get the list of can and can nota prior to planning your big... Read More day.

Amazing Location!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Allison S

The World Food Prize Hall of Laureates was an amazing wedding venue! The building underwent a multimillion dollar restoration from the old library in downtown Des Moines to the World Food Prize headquarters and was the most beautiful setting for my wedding! The entire building... Read More including the gardens and riverwalk were open for guests and we got nothing but compliments on the setting. The building is elegant and beautiful and the staff were amazing to work with!