Your Special Day By Joni

Serving Boca Raton and, Boca Raton, FL
Serving Boca Raton and All of Southeast Florida

Dreams Can Come True

Reviewed on 4/28/2013 Jasmin S

Since I am British, I had no clue where, who and how to organise my Florida wedding. I had no one to help me with my wedding which was organised in just under two months. Arthur Sands at B Ocean Fort Lauderdale where I got married, recommended that I speak with Joni... Read More Scalzo,he had said some great things about her and I gave her a call. Wow was he right about her. People say that soul mates are made in Heaven ! Well we know that much is true... But have you ever had a Wedding planner that was too ? Joni Scalzo, my wedding planner who was my heavenly angel and my saving grace. She was available to me at such short notice and agreed to work to the tight time constraints. Oh my gosh she was created to serve us ladies to make our dreams and desires come true on our Special day. Special is what Joni makes you feel as if you are her one and only Bride! She has the patience of a saint and she attended to my every single whim with a smile on her face and a huge hug down the phone. Joni did every single thing for me, even came to pick me up from the airport, after my horrendous trip to NYC. The moment I met her I forgot about my horrible trip. Her kindness and laughter is contagious, she is so lovable. She has so much positive energy, her warmth and smile just win you over and your stress is eliminated. She is so trustworthy and reliable to her name and her professionalism is second to none. Joni attended every meeting with me and guided me and gave me recommendations for various wedding vendors, even down to a seamstress and Henna tattoo artist, to name just a few. She knows her stuff and I have to say they were all fantastic and reliable. She gave me inspiration and ideas and attended every single detail. From organising my Bridesmaids and wedding party rehearsals, photographer, transport, nannies, face make up painters, photographers,photobooths,wrapping both of our father's presents. Keeping us on schedule on our wedding day. Oh my gosh everything even wiping wedding cake off my face after my wedding cake fight with my husband lol ! Our friends and family commented on how impressed they were that we pulled off such a great wedding in the time that we had and that it was "The Best Wedding" that they had ever attended !! They teased that Joni must be my best Friend. We all dream about our Wedding, so yes she was our dream wedding planner. Joni took on the role as not just my wedding planner but best friend, mother, sister, agony aunt... She did it with love and patience. I did not have to worry about a single thing on my Wedding day as I knew Joni was there taking care of everything. She even made sure that we ate on our wedding. She is so caring and attentive. She gave my husband & I a Wedding come true, our wedding day was so much fun and we will never forget it and we will cherish it in our hearts for decades to come. We have Joni to Thank for our one and only true love Wedding. My Special day by Joni Scalzo. We would be crazy not to recommend her !!

Best Wedding Planner EVER!

Reviewed on 1/03/2014 Kelly H

We contacted Joni a year before our wedding. Being that one of us was from Florida, and the other from Canada, we decided on the US for our special day. Joni was nothing short of enthusiastic and full steam ahead despite the distance planning. She was literally available 24/7... Read More and could be contacted anywhere. If she was working a wedding, she would still respond that she was currently busy with an event, and would contact us back right after. Even when she was leaving on her own vacation, she called us to leave an emergency contact in case of any wedding planning meltdowns ;). Joni always rearranged her schedule to accommodate us and the vendors on each subsequent planning trip to Florida. She understands the unique and sometimes difficult family relationships that exist when bringing two completely different groups of people together. Despite these family challenges, Joni can help design a wedding party that suits everyone's individual needs. There really isn't anything Joni won't do for her clients. When it comes to budget, she'll find what works and create perfection. Our experience with Joni was truly amazing. She EVEN had vendors to her home and supplied all of the food and wine for a day full of decor, table settings, hair, and make up trials. Who does that??? Joni of course!! She treats her clients like family and you feel nothing but love from the time you start working with her till the long term friendship that's created as a result. When the wedding was over, and we left for our honeymoon, I think we missed Joni the most! We highly recommend her as a wedding planner, confidant, business professional, and friend. She will turn your dreams into reality and make your special day one to remember. We love and miss you Joni!! Xoxo Kelly and Adam

Phenomenal Wedding Planner!!

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Heather S

Joni is the most caring, genuine and loving person I have ever met. She does everything in her power to make her brides happy and will bend over backwards for them. She referred me to some phenomenal vendors which ended up making my wedding the most beautiful wedding that anyone... Read More has ever been to! I have become amazing friends with Joni and will continue to use her throughout life's celebrations. PS- I knew she was "the one" when I e-mailed her at 11pm inquiring about her services and she emailed me back IMMEDIATELY! Joni always has her phone on her which allows her to respond to you as soon as possible!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Liz O

Early in my wedding planning process I thought that, with my mother's help, I would have no problem planning my wedding on my own. Boy was I wrong! Once Joni came on board, she was able to answer our questions, coordinate with vendors, and give us ideas for unique elements we... Read More could add to make our day truly memorable. Joni was always responsive, handled the mundane details (of which I wanted no part!), and most importantly, was an absolute pleasure to work with. The day of my wedding, I was able to completely focus on being in the moment and enjoying every minute with friends and family. Joni and her assistant, Jamie, were on top of everything from start to finish and ensured everything was executed seamlessly. One of the best things about working with Joni is that she has forged great relationships with so many vendors and works incredibly well with all of them. I had chosen all of my vendors prior to bringing Joni on board and she had worked with all of them numerous times. The rapport she had with them was really invaluable in ensuring they each understood my husband's and my vision for our day. Joni was like family by the end of our time working together and I highly recommend her to any bride who wants a flawless, stress-free wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016

What can I say about Joni! She was my stand in Mother, best friend and confidant! From the moment my (now) husband and I met with Joni we knew she was the lady for us. She is magic! Every vendor that she introduced us to was a star, just like her. Her attention to detail is... Read More unparalleled. She was with me from start to finish. I have gained a friend in her and many of the vendors that she introduced us to. I was a nervous wreck on the day of the wedding but I had nothing to worry about, Joni and Susan had my (and my husbands) back at every turn. She was there making sure all items were picked up from my house for the venue, taking care of an honest emergency, keeping me out of the emergency loop (thank you :)) and taking care of all the last minute details. Her assistant Susan was glued to me and thank goodness she was! Our wedding was the greatest day of my life and the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen. Joni is a hands on, make sure it all gets done perfectly super woman! I love her and wish I was still working on the wedding so I could talk to her everyday. You could not have a better woman in your corner. Love you Joni, The happiest Bride ever, Deanna

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Liz W

Joni is awesome! We are not from Florida so this being a destination wedding, we counted on her for absolutely everything--and she truly delivered! Joni is easy to talk to, incredibly organized, suggested phenomenal vendors, was very responsive when ever I called or emailed... Read More or texted her, and certainly met with us when we went down to Florida to plan our event. In particular, the day of the event, when she was needed most, she and her team made sure that everything was seamless. My daughter's wedding went well beyond our expectations; it was truly a dream come true and much of that was due to Joni and her hard work, advice and calm manor! We would highly recommend her as a wedding or event planner!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Allison A

Joni is absolutely amazing. I thought I could plan much of the wedding myself, but decided to hire Joni and THANK GOODNESS I did. She helped more than I could have imagined. There are so many little things that can go wrong (no matter how much you plan) and Joni will be there to... Read More make sure everything is perfect. She has my highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Claire M

Look no further than Joni if you want your wedding day to be even more magical than you had originally thought. We hired Joni to help us with the "month of" and she did NOT disappoint. If I had any question, no matter what time of day, she was there ---- I would even send her... Read More emails here and there prior to the month of our wedding and she could not have been more helpful. The week leading into the wedding, we had a final sit down to lay out how the day should play out. I felt so good about her orchestrating everything (I may be one of the most type A brides out there, so handing over control is a huge deal) and she truly allowed my mom to enjoy this whole process, rather than worrying about all of the vendors etc the month leading into the big day. When there was something "wrong," she did the best job of not alarming me on my wedding day and handled it like the professional that she is. Her assistant, Laura, was spectacular as well. I have never felt more taken care than I did on my wedding day. Joni made sure each vendor put everything where it needed to be and was sure to even attend to every guests questions or what not during the reception. Thank you again, Joni, for making my special day the most MAGICAL day of my life thus far ---- without you this would not have been possible. xoxoxo

Reviewed on 2/21/2016 amy k

Joni made our day absolutely perfect. She is incredibly warm, calming, and organized. Joni was the first face my husband and I saw when we walked out of our ceremony, and you could tell she was filled with genuine happiness for us both. She is a wedding planner who truly cares... Read More about her brides and grooms, and is really amazing. As a person who was planning a Florida wedding while living in New York City, I really needed Joni's help. She spent hours on the phone with me making sure every detail was taken care of. She suggested and contacted amazing vendors that helped make our wedding day even more incredible. Joni really knows who to go to for what in the industry! Not only did she recommend incredible vendors for us, but she also has amazing relationships with the various vendors. It was extra helpful that they all love working with Joni, particularly our wedding venue's event planner. On the days before the wedding, Joni was available at all times. During our rehearsal dinner, she made sure every detail was taken care of--and even took my plate to make sure I ate enough! On the day of the wedding, she had so many people there to help out and everything was perfect. If an issue came up, it was resolved in no time, and Joni made it into no big deal...she has a calming, warm presence that made me feel like everything would be okay. She showed up to our post-wedding brunch on Sunday with a big smile on her face and was still making sure every detail was perfect. We worked with Joni for over a year and she really got to know our family and dynamics, and she made sure to take that into account in all the planning. She is wonderful and talented! My wedding was everything I wanted it to be and more---thank you Joni!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016

I can't say enough wonderful things about Joni! She had so many great recommendations for florists, photographers and music and was so fun to work with! She made our wedding day stress free since she took care of everything, and the event was absolutely beautiful. I would highly... Read More recommend Joni to anyone planning a wedding in South Florida!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Maya D

We met with almost a dozen wedding planners but we knew right away when we met Joni that she was the one! She is so sweet and helpful and positive – as well as professional. She knows all the vendors in the industry and has great relationships with them all. Her recommendations... Read More for photographers, caterers, florists, etc. were terrific. Joni set up and attended every meeting with vendors. We're based in NYC and couldn't get down to FL very often; with just a few directions from us, Joni managed to create the most spectacular wedding I could ever imagine. She planned our wedding shower, NYE party, rehearsal dinner, wedding, and post-wedding brunch. All five events were perfect! I still can't believe what an amazing job Joni did. She really became part of our family; she was there for us 24/7 and made everyone (us, our families, guests, etc.) feel special. She handled everything for us, from invitations and rsvps, to coordinating with vendors and making sure everything ran smoothly on the day - even now that the wedding is over, she's still been available to help us with our wedding albums, thank you cards, etc. My family and I will never forget how wonderful Joni was and I would recommend her wholeheartedly to anyone who is planning a wedding. Joni is the best!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Rhonda H

Joni, we both say how lucky we were to find you and are so GRATEFUL to you for arranging the details making our wedding SO perfect. Your understanding of our vision of an elegant wedding was exactly what we wanted and the evening was better than we expected. Being busy... Read More professionals it gave us great peace of mind that you managed specifics and offered fantastic creative ideas. It was truly a pleasure working with you. Many of our friends said it was the best wedding they have ever attended. We can’t thank you enough for the BEAUTIFUL, dream wedding! We love you!!! Dr. & Mrs. Greg Zorman

Reviewed on 1/03/2016 Ilana Jacqueline G

I’m not great at decision making. I don’t know anything about design. I’d never bought flowers for myself—let alone for an entire venue. The only invites I’d ever personally sent out were on Facebook. And oh yeah—I’d never been to a wedding before! So it was clear from the... Read More start that I was going to need some serious help. Enter Joni—the most together person I have ever met in my life. The way she juggles brides and vendors and details while still making each of them feel like they are her top priority is something to be applauded. Before I knew what was happening she’d typed up agendas and deadlines, helped me pick my vendors, haggle the prices, checked off what we did (and really didn’t) need. She found us our florist, caterer, valet, hair dresser and make-up artist. She coordinator with our venue manager (who she already knew—as she knows everyone in the industry here in South Florida.) She ensured everyone had their payments and tips ahead of time so that we didn’t struggle with a messy exit after the reception. She was there from Save the Dates to making sure every last remaining favor was packed in our car on the way back to the hotel. I know that I could never have orchestrated this event without her. I don’t think I could have even imagined a wedding like the fairytale one I had—had she not stepped in to show us the way. Answered every call. Replied to every email. Never late. Never forgetful. On the night of the wedding, she had a terrible head injury right in from of us. She regained her balance and just pushed right on through like nothing happened. It was crazy—but to know Joni means knowing that, to her, every event is the most important night of your life. If you can get on her client list—you’re one lucky, lucky bride!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Chris P

Joni was amazingly awesome. We live in NJ and got married in South Florida, and she helped our lives more than we could have imagined. From sending her boxes of wedding stuff weeks before to meeting her in person, to answering emails and calls at all hours of the day, Joni was... Read More always there for us. She calmed nerves and made sure everything was just right for our wedding day. Someone broke a drink glass on the dance floor and Joni was back in the kitchen getting a cleanup crew before I could open my mouth.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

This is my first time writing a review ever. I live in California and got married in Miami. Joni helped me plan a two day wedding event for over a year. She was very helpful, calm, funny, and patient throughout the entire process. She actually cares about the bride and... Read More groom's are feels. Our ceremony and two receptions went according to plan. I was lucky enough to have Joni and Susan by my side for both Saturday and Sunday. If you are looking for a wedding planner, I highly suggest Joni for your special day. You will be a very happy bride and groom.

My Perfect Wedding by Joni

Reviewed on 7/28/2015

My Perfect Wedding By Joni

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Danielle S

Joni is an amazing angel that I had the privilege of meeting during one of the most important moments of my life as a woman .. MY WEDDING. I never write reviews for anything, not because I don't want to, but because my life is very busy and it doesn't allow me much free time.... Read More However, for Joni I had to make an exception. Starting with her, such a sweet and loving woman with incredible sensitivity. I was charmed with her from the first time we sat down for a cup of coffee. Her knowledge, close relationships, and the flawless execution of her work makes it so that the bride is completely certain that everything will work out. Joni was extremely precise in choosing the name "YOUR SPECIAL DAY BY JONI" and she lives up to its brand. I was pampered, cared for and had the indication of the best professionals, who have made my day the most special in the world. I cannot help but praise Joni's team who were all present at the right time and gave me all the support in order for everything to happen perfectly at my wedding. I am a woman that works full time, constantly travels, and takes care of my company, making my free time very short . Planning a wedding in less than five months and being able to say I had the wedding of my dreams is truly a blessing. Working with Joni made me feel safe in every decision. She made everything very transparent and provided several wonderful ideas. She gave me a range of options for every detail: the dress, budget, invitations, makeup, photographer, videographer, sound and decoration among many more. The hotel staff and everyone involved were amazing and every detail she assisted with made my day that more special! I made friends instead of signing contracts and though the time I had to plan was short I took no shortcuts in making my day unforgettable. I even changed my dress 4 times! LOL. Joni, I want to let you know that I have an immense love and respect for you and everything you did. You made me feel like the most beautiful and fulfilled woman in the universe! Thank you for taking care of all my anxieties and keeping me calm. I am very grateful and honored to have met a wonderful woman like you. I admire your work, not only for its success, but because I could see how much love you deposit in everything you do. I truly believe that this is the secret to your success and to why all of your brides are more than happy and fulfilled !!! LOVEEE YOUUUUU!!!

Joni is the most amazing wedding planner!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Arielle G

Joni is the most fabulous wedding planner ever and every bride in South Florida (or in the world) should use her!! I have a busy work schedule and knew I couldn't dedicate 100% of my time to planning my wedding but I also knew I wanted it to be an amazing weekend to remember... Read More for not only myself and my now husband, but all of our guests! Joni helped us make this happen. She made planning easy, fun and enjoyable! She brought us the best of the best vendors to work with narrowing them down for us so we could easily pick who to work with. She was extremely organized and vital in keeping us stay on track and making sure everything got done. She is also extremely creative! She was able to understand my vision right from the start and made amazing suggestions and shared idea's that made our day truly special and unique. On the day of, Joni's team was incredible. Everyone worked so hard to make sure things went to plan and even when there were some hiccups her team was right on top of it to make sure nobody even knew, including me!! All of my friends seemed so stressed by the time their wedding came but I can truly say I enjoyed every single aspect of planning and the entire wedding weekend because of Joni and her team. I recommend all brides use Joni for their wedding!!

Joni is THE BEST!

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Angie I

For all brides-to-be out there I would highly recommend that you let Joni help you plan your wedding. With Joni, you are in great hands and she helps to take off some of the immense pressures that we as brides are overcome with. When I first spoke with her, I had a good feeling... Read More about things. She is not only experienced in wedding planning but had a confident calmness about her that allowed me to feel comfortable with her being my wedding coordinator. She was always available to speak with me when needed and answered my "silly questions". She assured me that being a bride for the first time that there were no such thing as silly questions, she does this all the time!!! My wedding day was all that I could've hoped

Joni made my dream wedding a reality!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Sarah S

I started planning my wedding a year and a half ago. I had no clue where to start. I knew I needed a wedding planner. I spoke to a few, but there was no connection. Then I called Joni and it clicked. Just the calmness of her voice set me at ease with wedding planning. I knew we... Read More were in good hands. Now, I live in central Florida- but that was no issue for Joni. We had regular chats on the phone or even via text if I really needed to. She put me in contact with the BEST vendors. And all the vendors love working with Joni and have a great relationship with her- which made my wedding day even better. My wedding went SO smoothly. I had fun- which I did not know was possible. I enjoyed every minute of my wedding. The reason- because Joni handled everything. My friends and family are still calling me and saying they could not believe how beautiful the event was- or how calm I was. I 100% believe it was because Joni was my wedding planner. I also wanted to note that if you are having a traditional Jewish wedding like I did- Joni IS FOR YOU! She knew more about what had to happen at a Jewish wedding-than I did. She is a true mensch! When I think about my wedding- I get emotional. It really was the best day of my life. My husband and I highly recommend her. She is a part of our life now and we are so grateful she made our first day as a married couple unforgettable! Love you, Joni! Sarah and Gena

Reviewed on 6/06/2015

Joni is uniquely qualified and it's hard to imagine finding anyone better. I'm the father of the bride. It's been a week since the wedding and we have had countless compliments via hand written notes to phone calls and our friends coming by just to tell us how spectacular it... Read More was. We've been told by them and we agree that it was flawless, beautiful and perfectly executed. We have Joni to credit the success. There is nothing we could have improved on. We trusted her recommendations and went with her choice of venue, 10 piece band, florist, photograher and video company. We went with everything she recommended. Her choice of venue allowed our guests during cocktail hour to have ample and beautiful and comfortable seating. The ceremony was amazing as was the whole night. I'm not easy to please and expect perfection. She exceeded expectations and doubt you could find anyone anyway that could deliver a better wedding if you want to go first class. thanks Joni!

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Rachel B

Wow!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Joni and her team! We planned our wedding in 5 months and Joni nailed it! She is professional, thoughtful, listens well to your vision, easy to work with and touches upon every detail. She is a true professional and understands... Read More how to make your special day easy, smooth and exactly how you want it to be. Ours guests are still telling us what an amazing evening it was and how it was the best, smoothest wedding they have ever been to. Joni made it happen and we could not have done it without her. You will be so happy with your decision to work with Joni! She was the key to our day!

The Best Wedding Planner In South Florida..or America

Reviewed on 3/14/2015 Emily S

I was referred to Joni through a family friend. This family friend was at one of Joni's wedding the weekend before I was getting engaged. The family friend knew I was getting engaged and approached Joni to get her information because of the fabulous wedding she had put on. Once... Read More I got engaged I contacted Joni. She responded in such a timely manner which made me feel at ease with starting this wedding planning process. I had just moved to the area and had no connections with any vendors, reception halls, or anything else. I knew this was going to be a hard wedding to plan. When my fiance and I first met with Joni she put all my worries at ease. Joni has all the best connections, and knows so many people within the wedding and event community. Whenever we had a question she was always a text, call or email away. She would respond in no time. I could not have planned this wedding without Joni. She did so many things for us from calling vendors, to ordering things. She has a great timeline that answered so many questions I never could have thought of that kept us from scrambling the day of. She is very organized and always does what she says she will do. Joni is more than a wedding planner I felt like she was part of my wedding. She always makes time to meet up and discuses what need to be done each step of the way and that took away a lot of stress as a bride. You need Joni's services! She is the best event planner you will get. I couldn't thank her enough for all she did for me and my wedding. She gave me the wedding of my dreams and without her none of it could of been possible. Joni you are a dream come true!

Perfection !

Reviewed on 1/14/2015

If you don't hire Joni, you are crazy and looking to be stressed planning your wedding and during your wedding. She is flawless! She took care of all our stress before the wedding and during the wedding. We live in Maine and had a South Beach Miami wedding. WOW! She should... Read More get double the money and she still would be cheap! Joni has all the connections, knows her stuff, her taste is impeccable and bends over to please. We LOVED, LOVED her. HIRE JONI - you will not be disappointed at all.

Totally worth it!

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Lyndsey K

My Fiance and I decided to get a wedding planner as we are both very busy in our professional lives and I did not have family in the area to help. The main aspects I was looking for were great vendor connections, design skill and a funny and relaxed personality. I also wanted... Read More someone who would fight for me. All of the above mentioned qualities we got in Joni and more! She was always available and helped me to find humor in the inevitable hiccups that occurred during the planning. If you are bride who is working on a budget but want the world, then Joni is your woman. Her ability to find me the right vendors who could work with my vision and price range was phenomenal. And of course, I loved that I didn't have to deal with them if I didn't want to! I am a person with great pride, but I can honestly say that without Joni, I would not have been able to have the amazing wedding that I did. I am so grateful to her for helping me to plan the most important day of my life!