Your Special Day By Joni

Serving Boca Raton and All of Southeast Florida

Dedicated to making your vision a reality

Totally devoted to you, we are dedicated to make your vision a reality. By working with a limited number of brides at a time, we pamper you and make you feel really special on your special day. We have plans and packages tailored to your needs.

Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Serving Boca Raton and, Boca Raton, FL Serving Boca Raton and All of Southeast Florida (561) 756-6760

Dreams Can Come True

Reviewed on 4/28/2013 Jasmin S

Since I am British, I had no clue where, who and how to organise my Florida wedding. I had no one to help me with my wedding which was organised in just under two months. Arthur Sands at B Ocean Fort Lauderdale where I got married, recommended that I speak with Joni... Read More Scalzo,he had said some great things about her and I gave her a call. Wow was he right about her. People say that soul mates are made in Heaven ! Well we know that much is true... But have you ever had a Wedding planner that was too ? Joni Scalzo, my wedding planner who was my heavenly angel and my saving grace. She was available to me at such short notice and agreed to work to the tight time constraints. Oh my gosh she was created to serve us ladies to make our dreams and desires come true on our Special day. Special is what Joni makes you feel as if you are her one and only Bride! She has the patience of a saint and she attended to my every single whim with a smile on her face and a huge hug down the phone. Joni did every single thing for me, even came to pick me up from the airport, after my horrendous trip to NYC. The moment I met her I forgot about my horrible trip. Her kindness and laughter is contagious, she is so lovable. She has so much positive energy, her warmth and smile just win you over and your stress is eliminated. She is so trustworthy and reliable to her name and her professionalism is second to none. Joni attended every meeting with me and guided me and gave me recommendations for various wedding vendors, even down to a seamstress and Henna tattoo artist, to name just a few. She knows her stuff and I have to say they were all fantastic and reliable. She gave me inspiration and ideas and attended every single detail. From organising my Bridesmaids and wedding party rehearsals, photographer, transport, nannies, face make up painters, photographers,photobooths,wrapping both of our father's presents. Keeping us on schedule on our wedding day. Oh my gosh everything even wiping wedding cake off my face after my wedding cake fight with my husband lol ! Our friends and family commented on how impressed they were that we pulled off such a great wedding in the time that we had and that it was "The Best Wedding" that they had ever attended !! They teased that Joni must be my best Friend. We all dream about our Wedding, so yes she was our dream wedding planner. Joni took on the role as not just my wedding planner but best friend, mother, sister, agony aunt... She did it with love and patience. I did not have to worry about a single thing on my Wedding day as I knew Joni was there taking care of everything. She even made sure that we ate on our wedding. She is so caring and attentive. She gave my husband & I a Wedding come true, our wedding day was so much fun and we will never forget it and we will cherish it in our hearts for decades to come. We have Joni to Thank for our one and only true love Wedding. My Special day by Joni Scalzo. We would be crazy not to recommend her !!

Best Wedding Planner EVER!

Reviewed on 1/03/2014 Kelly H

We contacted Joni a year before our wedding. Being that one of us was from Florida, and the other from Canada, we decided on the US for our special day. Joni was nothing short of enthusiastic and full steam ahead despite the distance planning. She was literally available 24/7... Read More and could be contacted anywhere. If she was working a wedding, she would still respond that she was currently busy with an event, and would contact us back right after. Even when she was leaving on her own vacation, she called us to leave an emergency contact in case of any wedding planning meltdowns ;). Joni always rearranged her schedule to accommodate us and the vendors on each subsequent planning trip to Florida. She understands the unique and sometimes difficult family relationships that exist when bringing two completely different groups of people together. Despite these family challenges, Joni can help design a wedding party that suits everyone's individual needs. There really isn't anything Joni won't do for her clients. When it comes to budget, she'll find what works and create perfection. Our experience with Joni was truly amazing. She EVEN had vendors to her home and supplied all of the food and wine for a day full of decor, table settings, hair, and make up trials. Who does that??? Joni of course!! She treats her clients like family and you feel nothing but love from the time you start working with her till the long term friendship that's created as a result. When the wedding was over, and we left for our honeymoon, I think we missed Joni the most! We highly recommend her as a wedding planner, confidant, business professional, and friend. She will turn your dreams into reality and make your special day one to remember. We love and miss you Joni!! Xoxo Kelly and Adam

Phenomenal Wedding Planner!!

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Heather S

Joni is the most caring, genuine and loving person I have ever met. She does everything in her power to make her brides happy and will bend over backwards for them. She referred me to some phenomenal vendors which ended up making my wedding the most beautiful wedding that anyone... Read More has ever been to! I have become amazing friends with Joni and will continue to use her throughout life's celebrations. PS- I knew she was "the one" when I e-mailed her at 11pm inquiring about her services and she emailed me back IMMEDIATELY! Joni always has her phone on her which allows her to respond to you as soon as possible!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Ali H

Joni is simply the BEST! Right after we got engaged, a friend recommended Joni to us. It was by far the most valuable engagement gift we received. Within a week of our first phone conversation, Joni set up tours with venues and started assisting us with the negotiations. She... Read More was there every step of the way; listening to our needs, recommending other vendors, and helping us make decisions. No call, text, or email was too early or too late in the day for Joni. She was always responsive, honest, and knowledgeable. Her team was so on top of it all on the big day. Every detail was thought out and scheduled perfectly. Not a single thing was overlooked. Our friends and family are still raving about how beautiful, elegant, and FUN our wedding was. And it could not have happened without Joni and her team. I recommend bringing Joni on as early in the process as possible…she was instrumental in the success of planning our special day at every phase!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Rachel L

There aren't words to describe how amazing Joni is but I'll try. She is literally a wedding angel. Do not hire her for "Day Of" or "Month Of" planning-- go for "Full Service Planning"... TRUST ME. My wedding is over & I already miss her phone calls and texts!! I must have... Read More called a dozen wedding planners last year -- some were not pleasant to talk to, some didn't call back promptly, etc. But Joni was prompt, professional and friendly. Talking to her on the phone felt like talking to a close friend or family member. She was there for my fiance & I every step of the way. She handled every single issue we ran in to the SECOND it was brought to her attention. Every vendor or company she recommended was spot on. She was open & honest about pricing, preparing us well for the extra tips and taxes we'd have to pay. She was always available with amazing suggestions and options. She understands difficult family dynamics and differing cultures. Anything I forgot to bring with me she had. When my husband stepped on my dress & ripped part of my bustle out Joni was there with pins to put it all back in place. Everyone in my family had very nice things to say about her after the wedding. I could go on & on all day about her. If you're looking for a planner & you haven't called her by now CALL HER.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Patrica M

Joni was fabulous. A++++++++!! She was so easy to talk to and made things seem easy. She took all the stress away from us, being in Massachusetts and having a destination wedding. The wedding was more than we had hoped for. Not a single issue because of her hard work. She... Read More was incredible and we are very thankful that we chose Joni.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Jonathan C

You don't normally see reviews made by other industry professionals. So hopefully this one will give you a slightly different perspective... We've been running a professional wedding photography studio (Jonathan Connolly Photography) for 10+ years in South Florida. Throughout... Read More that time, we've worked with many different types of planners. So lets just say, we've seen it ALL!!! We've had the privilege to work alongside Joni and her team for several amazing events! We've seen her business perform with excellence time and time again. Joni is the sweetest person you will ever meet and she knows how to get things done! When you hire a planner you're hiring someone you can trust to make all the right decisions with your best interest in mind. Anytime we've worked with people who have hired "Your Special Day by Joni" we've seen nothing but happiness! If you're looking for a professional team that can deliver an event experience of a lifetime then look no further. They truly know how to make "your day" SPECIAL!!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Michelle B

Joni and her team were amazing. Event though we had limited time to plan our wedding, it turned out more beautifully than we ever could have imagined.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Graziela S

Joni does a beautiful job because she does it with he hearth. My wedding was more then I could have dream of she is patient and knowledgeable. I definitely recommend it ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Jacquie L

No wedding could be complete without Joni! Joni and her team made wedding planning easy and fun and perfect! From the first phone call to the last minute our relationship blossomed into a friendship that we will always remember. After each meeting I had a clear understanding of... Read More what we had to accomplish next instead of thinking about everything at once. We would mention something and she would pick up her magic phone, type in a few thing, and before you knew it the idea was booked and ready to go! Joni recommended nearly all our vendors and each one was better than the next. She attended all our meetings, reviewed all our contacts, made a couple suggestions (that in the end saved us money) and was with us for every major decision. Our wedding was a fairytale. At least that is what everyone that attended declared and we owe a lot of that to Joni. No one can compare! Joe and Jacquie

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Robin B

Joni is a fantastic planner! She planned my daughter's wedding and it was a true fairytale. Every detail was planned and double checked. She made the wedding day stress free for both my daughter and myself. Hiring Joni was the best thing I did. She has planned lots of... Read More weddings and knows all the right touches. Joni will plan the wedding of your dreams and will make sure those dreams come true.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Marisa D

Amazing, incredible, an angel in disguise...these are only a few of the many words to describe Joni. From our first conversation, she “got me” & I hired her as a full service planner, but what I got was so much more. Booking vendors was easy; she sent me options she felt were a... Read More good match. It was great b/c it kept me from having to stress & do a ton of research about credibility, costs, etc. Amazing thing was, I never had to go past her first suggestions! And the one vendor I tried to do on my own, I ended right back with Joni’s first suggestion. (I should mention all my vendors were great!) Brides told me how stressed they were & said “you & your fiancé will fight during this, it is part of it”. Well stressed should have been my middle name b/c, while engaged, I got a promotion that caused me to travel weekly, my husband changed jobs, & we bought/renovated a new house. But for me, that was not the case! Joni made the process seamless, easy & stress free all of which I am beyond thankful for! The weeks before, she was on top of every detail, keeping me in the loop, but understanding & being respectful of my schedule. The week of the wedding, I had a family emergency & without hesitation, Joni took care of every detail that needed to be changed. Rehearsal started normal but unfortunately I had another family emergency. She not only kept my bridal party composed, she kept me composed. She handled the entire thing with grace & respect. The day of the wedding, I can happily say everything went off perfectly. Her & her team were magnificent, from the little details, to ensuring everyone was happy & comfortable, to her attentiveness to me & my husband. She left no stone unturned. Funny story to highlight Joni’s expertise & personal touch; I was getting off the dance floor & called her name, she locked eyes with me & asked “veil?” I was like “how did she know?!?! But that’s Joni; the most attentive, in-sync & amazing planner that I was truly lucky enough to find!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Lara L

Joni and her team were an absolute dream. From the moment we first spoke on the phone until the moment we were on our flight to our honeymoon, Joni ensured that every detail was considered and executed to perfection. We had a 200 person wedding weekend in Miami Beach with... Read More rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception, and Sunday brunch. Joni kept track of all our vendors, negotiated on my behalf, coordinated contracts, and oversaw cohesion. Her guidance and expertise are unmatched. No matter what issue arose, no question went unanswered. Joni was extremely responsive and most importantly incredible even-keeled. Our insane Jewish & Italian families were not easy to coordinate, but she was able to keep everyone focused, on task, and enjoying every minute. I think the most helpful things Joni did were the following: 1. day of schedule 2. reception schedule 3. coordinating vendors To elaborate, Joni ensured that the personal flowers got to me on time, the caterers knew when to send out the next course & clear things etc, the music turned up or down, the attention was directed when needed, the photographers were focused to the right people, and I could go on. But essentially she ensured that everything happened when it was intended to happen and quite seamlessly to boot. The evening went so incredibly smoothly from me as the bride's perspective, my parents' perspective, all of our guests shared this sentiment - it was really just perfectly orchestrated and could not have happened without Joni. She is a deeply beautiful person inside and out and ensured that every wish my husband and I had was met and exceeded (and those of our crazy parents). I am forever indebted to her and would recommend her wholeheartedly. "

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Lynette Z

My family and I were recommended to Joni by one of the catering managers at the Rusty Pelican in Miami, where my reception was held. From the moment we met with her for our initial meeting, we knew Joni was the wedding planner for us. I live in Orlando, but I had my wedding in... Read More Miami, so I needed to make sure I had someone I could count on. Joni made it so that the long distance was a non-issue. She was very communicative throughout the whole process, quickly responding to all of our emails and touching base monthly over the phone. She helped us set up wedding timelines so nothing slipped through the cracks. For my wedding this April, she had one of her coordinators, Laura, with me, the bridesmaids, my mom and mother-in-law as we were getting ready while she made sure everything was under control at the Rusty Pelican. Laura went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. Even though we were running behind schedule when we arrived at the reception, Joni made sure that we got back on track without missing a step. It’s been a month since our big day, and people are still calling it “the wedding of the century.” So Joni, thank you, thank you, thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Paul Z

Joni, we can’t thank you enough. As an engineer, I know how advance planning avoids so many mishaps. Your patient and uplifting leadership, attention to detail and always aiming to create “Our Special Day” was invaluable. And you listened to us, agreeing with our good ideas... Read More while calmly steering us from our not-so-good ones. From our first meeting, we knew you were the one. You kept us on schedule, thought of everything and knew a multitude of quality vendors. We went into the wedding day very much at peace, knowing everything had been thoroughly planned. Laura did an amazing job of keeping the 11 women on task while they were beautifying before the wedding. Before arriving at the Rusty Pelican, we knew you had everything taken care of. You and Ana Maria did a great job with crowd management and helped us recover from our late arrival to get us back on track quickly and seamlessly. I never took my timeline out the entire night, which you know was a miracle, that’s how much at peace I felt! We heard endless raves during and after the party, like “best wedding ever!”, and not a single complaint, which is impossible to pull off. We know much of that is thanks to advance planning. Rest assured, anyone who asks us will hear nothing but raves! You can certainly count on our recommendation and referrals. Again, thanks for everything!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Rebekah S

You can't plan a wedding without Joni. She knows everything. She responds instantly. She knows every vendor you could imagine. She went to every meeting with us, helping to guide us through many decisions. And the process was fun! My husband and I had completely different... Read More visions of what the perfect wedding was - she somehow knew of solutions that were perfect compromises that we didn't even know existed. I really could not have imagined trying to plan our wedding without her. We had the most magical, incredible, stress-free evening (everyone says that your wedding day is stressful - ours wasn't at all. I think it's because they didn't have Joni). Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Nicole S

Joni is the ABSOLUTE BEST. She was unbelievably helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. From the first call I had with Joni, I knew she and I were going to get along fabulously! She is the sweetest and most caring wedding planner, who became a family friend... Read More through the year-long wedding planning process. I really could not have enough positive things to say about working with Joni to up to and including my wedding day-which went off without a hitch!!! (and if there was one, I wouldn't know anything about it because Joni was there for everything!). Do yourself a favor and let Joni guide you towards the perfect wedding weekend. <3

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Victoria W

I can honestly say I had ZERO stress the whole 13 months of planning my wedding including the day of my wedding all because of JONI and her incredible team.(How often do you hear a bride say that?) I never had to think twice about if something was going to get done or if the... Read More vendors contacted back because they were always so on top of everything and everyone. She listened to everything my husband and I wanted for our Special Day and made it come to real life times a million. I could have not had the fairy tale wedding that every girl dreams of since a young age without Joni and her the best team around. When i say they go to the extreme they go to the extreme from beginning to end of planning. Every vendor meeting, food tasting, cake tasting you name it Joni was there. She always made time for me even at 11 p.m. when I needed to ask her a question. Thank you for everything you did to make our wedding day the absolute best ever love you to the moon and back Joni! xoxox

Reviewed on 2/28/2017

BEYOND OUR WILDEST DREAMS Joni created a magical, beautiful day for me and my now-husband. Planning a Boca wedding from NYC, she handled all the details, recommended top notch vendors for flowers, DJ, Photography, Hair/Makeup. She thought of all the little details that would... Read More have never crossed my mind. She kept us on track, up to date, was very responsive and thorough. She is the wedding whisperer and is a joy to work with.

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Laureen T

I cannot say enough good things about Joni. I grew up in South Florida but currently live in Brooklyn, so I knew planning a SoFla wedding would be a challenge. We started planning with Joni a year in advance and she made sure we were on track the entire way through and worked... Read More around my schedule for meetings with vendors. Her vendor recommendations were always spot on and I felt she always advocated for what I wanted. She and her team did an incredible job making my image come to life. I got married in my mother's backyard and when all was said an done it looked better than a standard catering hall. The week of the wedding was a big challenge since we had family and friends from overseas attending, but Joni made sure all was taken care of. I would absolutely recommend Joni's services to any couple looking to hire the best wedding planner around!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Bianca S

Joni is truly gifted and was brought to this planet to make magical weddings and bring families together. I worked with her over 1 year on our wedding. I relied on her for all vendor recommendations, to help me balance complicated family dynamics, and of course constant... Read More emotional support. I don't know how other brides feel going into their wedding, but I felt clueless and overwhelmed by the importance of each decision. No task is too large or too small for Joni, and she never made me feel silly for worrying too much or asking crazy questions. Going into the wedding process, I knew the wedding planner would be an integral part, but I never imagined that I would find a planner with such a big heart that would work tirelessly on every detail. Every single vendor worked seamlessly with Joni and had tremendous respect for her. She really had an army working around her.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 sophia s

I cannot say enough about this fantastic lady! She has been so helpful since the minute I met her over the phone. Came strongly recommended by the Waldorf Astoria and has been nothing short of amazing. Very principled woman who cares about people and making the bride feel as... Read More comfortable & happy as possible. She is that fabulous Aunt that makes everything feel so special with such an organized feel to her style.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Angela D. Y

Joni did an amazing job! Despite my opinionated bridal party, she kept her composure and did her job well! I was very pleased from beginning to end! XOXO

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Liz O

Early in my wedding planning process I thought that, with my mother's help, I would have no problem planning my wedding on my own. Boy was I wrong! Once Joni came on board, she was able to answer our questions, coordinate with vendors, and give us ideas for unique elements we... Read More could add to make our day truly memorable. Joni was always responsive, handled the mundane details (of which I wanted no part!), and most importantly, was an absolute pleasure to work with. The day of my wedding, I was able to completely focus on being in the moment and enjoying every minute with friends and family. Joni and her assistant, Jamie, were on top of everything from start to finish and ensured everything was executed seamlessly. One of the best things about working with Joni is that she has forged great relationships with so many vendors and works incredibly well with all of them. I had chosen all of my vendors prior to bringing Joni on board and she had worked with all of them numerous times. The rapport she had with them was really invaluable in ensuring they each understood my husband's and my vision for our day. Joni was like family by the end of our time working together and I highly recommend her to any bride who wants a flawless, stress-free wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016

What can I say about Joni! She was my stand in Mother, best friend and confidant! From the moment my (now) husband and I met with Joni we knew she was the lady for us. She is magic! Every vendor that she introduced us to was a star, just like her. Her attention to detail is... Read More unparalleled. She was with me from start to finish. I have gained a friend in her and many of the vendors that she introduced us to. I was a nervous wreck on the day of the wedding but I had nothing to worry about, Joni and Susan had my (and my husbands) back at every turn. She was there making sure all items were picked up from my house for the venue, taking care of an honest emergency, keeping me out of the emergency loop (thank you :)) and taking care of all the last minute details. Her assistant Susan was glued to me and thank goodness she was! Our wedding was the greatest day of my life and the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen. Joni is a hands on, make sure it all gets done perfectly super woman! I love her and wish I was still working on the wedding so I could talk to her everyday. You could not have a better woman in your corner. Love you Joni, The happiest Bride ever, Deanna