Your Special Day By Joni

Serving Boca Raton and All of Southeast Florida,

Dedicated to making your vision a reality

We are an award winning, and published wedding and event planning company earning Best of the Knot for eight consecutive years, and the esteemed Knot Hall of Fame. In the South Florida market over 12 years, we have experience with most religious and ethnic traditions and have planned and executed weddings from the simple and elegant to over the top extravagant. No wedding is too large or too small, and they all get the love and care they deserve. Our success is due to the fact that we really do believe that your wedding is “Your Special Day”. An amazing team that loves what they do, we all appreciate the honor of being a part of your wedding experience, and we have fun doing it We offer custom packages for full service, partial planning, month of and day of coordination.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

Serving Boca Raton and All of Southeast Florida, (561) 756-6760
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 vanessa s

I wish we could give 1 million stars for my fairy godmother JONI. She made all my wishes come true with zero headaches on my end. I really got to enjoy planning my wedding with the best guidance I could possibly have found. She steered me to the right vendors from Hair/makeup... Read More to the best band I have ever seen in my life. With Joni's help our wedding was the best one we have ever been to. ONE MILLION THANKS TO Your Special Day by Joni. Great team she has working for her! Special thanks to my Brazilian girl Laura Gastoldi & Susan Bonner.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Ali H

Joni is simply the BEST! Right after we got engaged, a friend recommended Joni to us. It was by far the most valuable engagement gift we received. Within a week of our first phone conversation, Joni set up tours with venues and started assisting us with the negotiations. She... Read More was there every step of the way; listening to our needs, recommending other vendors, and helping us make decisions. No call, text, or email was too early or too late in the day for Joni. She was always responsive, honest, and knowledgeable. Her team was so on top of it all on the big day. Every detail was thought out and scheduled perfectly. Not a single thing was overlooked. Our friends and family are still raving about how beautiful, elegant, and FUN our wedding was. And it could not have happened without Joni and her team. I recommend bringing Joni on as early in the process as possible…she was instrumental in the success of planning our special day at every phase!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Jacquie L

No wedding could be complete without Joni! Joni and her team made wedding planning easy and fun and perfect! From the first phone call to the last minute our relationship blossomed into a friendship that we will always remember. After each meeting I had a clear understanding of... Read More what we had to accomplish next instead of thinking about everything at once. We would mention something and she would pick up her magic phone, type in a few thing, and before you knew it the idea was booked and ready to go! Joni recommended nearly all our vendors and each one was better than the next. She attended all our meetings, reviewed all our contacts, made a couple suggestions (that in the end saved us money) and was with us for every major decision. Our wedding was a fairytale. At least that is what everyone that attended declared and we owe a lot of that to Joni. No one can compare! Joe and Jacquie

Reviewed on 4/19/2018 Jaclyn R

Words can’t capture my experience with Joni, and I just don’t feel that I can truly express the amount of gratitude I have as the bride for this AMAZING woman and her team. Joni is the HOLY GRAIL of wedding planning. I came to her 4 months before my wedding, after firing my... Read More initial planner, by finding her through her reviews on the Knot and Wedding Wire. Her reviews seemed too good to be true but now I see exactly what those other brides were feeling. She has the most positive, light-hearted, no pressure attitude that makes you feel completely comfortable. As a type A personality, I appreciated that she was always available to me, even for the small things and even when she was busy at other weddings. I don’t know how she manages it, but she is always there for her brides. My favourite part about Joni, besides her infinite amount of wisdom and experience, is her sense of tranquillity, cool and calm, that radiates into every aspect of the wedding planning. If you have a dream, she will find a way to make it happen. If you have a problem, she has a solution, but the best part if she doesn’t ACT like it is a problem at all. Everything is so easy going with Joni. She perfectly balances putting a Type A personality like myself at ease without making me feel like things aren’t under control. Joni was the ONLY person I felt like I could relinquish control to. When you work with the right people, you can’t word it. You just feel it. Joni and her team (Jamie was my amazing, on-the-ball day of coordinator) were exactly what I needed and dreamt of in my wedding planner. I can’t thank them enough. You can have all the perfect pieces of a wedding but if you don’t have the right person to put them together, it just isn’t the same. I am so grateful!! Thank you Joni for everything and making my dream come true!!! PS. Nobody ever talks about the groom. My husband has anxiety, which was in full force on wedding day. Jamie managed him and his groomsmen AND me and my bridesmaids as if it was a walk in the park. She acted like it was, but I know him and his friends and can promise you IT WAS NOT. That alone is a testimony to Joni's team. Not only if SHE amazing, but her team is second to none.

Reviewed on 3/29/2018 Anna P

As the Mother Of the bride I don’t know what I would have done without the services of Your Special Day By Joni. I hired Joni and her team for the “ day of” the wedding but they did so much more. Joni took the stress of coordinating the vendors off my shoulders. She organized... Read More and scheduled the “day of” and reviewed the wedding day timeline with the venue banquet planner as well as the photographer. Joni was always available and returned phone calls and e-mails promptly. She reassured me and comforted me when issues with the venue arose. On the day of the wedding her team orchestrated the day with perfection, demonstrating confidence and professionalism. Joni’ s team was so pleasant to work with. Looking back. I should have hired Your Special Day By Joni from the beginning. It would have made the wedding planning process a lot less stressful and worth every penny. I highly recommend Joni and her team to plan your wedding. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed on 3/23/2018 Leila L

Joni and Laura did an excellent job for my wedding. They have the best and most positive attitude. Joni was out of town for a family obligation so Laura was my day of coordinator. She was stellar. The day would not have run so smoothly without her. I appreciate her temperament... Read More and attention to detail so much. She was even available for my rehearsal dinner, which was the same size as the wedding as 95% of my guests were from out of town or immediate family. I highly recommend working with them. It can make all the difference, so you can enjoy your own wedding and not fret or fuss about anything. You will be happy you picked them!

Reviewed on 3/19/2018 Ashley H

Joni and I clicked from the very beginning. I wanted a veteran planner with decades of experience and that’s what Joni is. Before I hired her as my month of planner, she was giving me free advice with no pressure to commit. Everything she said was sensible, which I liked. Yes,... Read More she can help design and offer guidance, but I really wanted someone who I could trust to make decisions for me the day of my wedding if any issues came up (which they do and will). She has seen everything that could go wrong, so I trust her judgment. Importantly, she also knows everyone in the industry. When I asked my vendors before I hired Joni if they like working with her the unanimous answer was EVERYONE DOES! It’s was reassuring to know that Joni can be effective with the team of vendors putting together our wedding. And I cannot forget to give kudos to her assistant Laura. Laura is reliable just like Joni. The last thing I will mention, is that she is fairly priced. Her fee was well-earned.

Reviewed on 3/07/2018 Cara W

Joni was a pleasure to work with and made wedding planning fun! She works around the clock and really loves what she does and it shows. Thanks to Joni I had the opportunity to truly enjoy the day of my wedding as she took care of all the details and everything went perfectly.

Reviewed on 2/26/2018 Patti D

Joni was one of the first vendors I booked. My husband and I are both busy professionals so we knew we would need help with our elegant wedding if we wanted to pull it off. Joni was with us through the whole process and really helped us make our vision a reality, she was also... Read More always very responsive to emails and phone which made me feel at ease during the whole wedding planning process. She has a lot of contacts, which truly helps in a market as large as Miami. She recommended my florist, DJ, and invitation shop and without those vendors my wedding would not have been the same. When it rained on our wedding day, she was patient with my anxiety and pulled off a miracle change of area for our cocktail hour in the last minute. She even brought a Brazilian assistant to help with my family from Brazil and who kept me calm all day. She stayed with us all night long and was the last vendor to leave making sure all of our belongings were safe. I can't thank her enough for helping the whole planning process and if anything went wrong on our day she handled it and I never knew about it.

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Lucrezia M

We had a great experience working with Joni and her team for our wedding for our destination wedding at the Boca Resort. In the months leading up to our big day she continuously stayed in constant contact with us, making sure that everyone was on schedule. As a destination... Read More wedding this was very important to us. She kept us on task and helped direct us in the right direction if any needs or questions came up. She was always very accessible, and returned our calls/texts/emails extremely promptly. Leading up to our big day all the scheduling and itineraries were taken care of in great detail, and in place for our family and friends. When it came time to deal with the resort and our other vendors Joni made sure things went smoothly on all fronts so we could enjoy our day to the fullest. On our wedding day her team was there at every step, completely capable of handling all the little things that came up, including sourcing a new bow tie for the groom at the last minute, and managing the very up and down weather leading up to the outdoor ceremony. Her team kept us at ease and the overall flow of the day ran well. We would highly recommend Joni and her team. Their experience was invaluable and it helped our special day be the best it could possibly be, but everyone who works with Joni that we got to experience first hand were just down right great people to be working with. Thanks soooooo much to all of them :-)

Reviewed on 1/29/2018 Christina C

Joni, Brad and Justin were one of my favorite parts of my wedding. From the beginning, Joni was attentive, knowledgeable and our right hand woman throughout the entire planning process. Unfortunately our venue cancelled our NYE Miami beach wedding two months out due to... Read More hurricane damage and we had to find a new venue...on South Beach...on New year's. The odds were stacked against us for sure, but Joni Brad and Justin guided us through finding a new venue and were so helpful in our time of peak planning stress. Joni was an absolute angel and made me feel so relaxed all through planning and through the wedding day. Just knowing she was around gave me a sense of ease. Meanwhile Justin and Brad were so fun and did a great job planning our rehearsal. At one point our entire rehearsal party were chanting their names on the bus back from dinner... Needless to say I would recommend them to anyone in South Florida!

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Joe P

Joni, Justin, and Brad were AMAZING!!!!! I wish there was a rating higher than 5-stars!!!! From start to finish they made everything as stress free as possible. They set us up with wonderful vendors and made the process so enjoyable! They are unequivocally the best asset anyone... Read More can have when planning a wedding or event and I would recommend them to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Rachel L

There aren't words to describe how amazing Joni is but I'll try. She is literally a wedding angel. Do not hire her for "Day Of" or "Month Of" planning-- go for "Full Service Planning"... TRUST ME. My wedding is over & I already miss her phone calls and texts!! I must have... Read More called a dozen wedding planners last year -- some were not pleasant to talk to, some didn't call back promptly, etc. But Joni was prompt, professional and friendly. Talking to her on the phone felt like talking to a close friend or family member. She was there for my fiance & I every step of the way. She handled every single issue we ran in to the SECOND it was brought to her attention. Every vendor or company she recommended was spot on. She was open & honest about pricing, preparing us well for the extra tips and taxes we'd have to pay. She was always available with amazing suggestions and options. She understands difficult family dynamics and differing cultures. Anything I forgot to bring with me she had. When my husband stepped on my dress & ripped part of my bustle out Joni was there with pins to put it all back in place. Everyone in my family had very nice things to say about her after the wedding. I could go on & on all day about her. If you're looking for a planner & you haven't called her by now CALL HER.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Patrica M

Joni was fabulous. A++++++++!! She was so easy to talk to and made things seem easy. She took all the stress away from us, being in Massachusetts and having a destination wedding. The wedding was more than we had hoped for. Not a single issue because of her hard work. She... Read More was incredible and we are very thankful that we chose Joni.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Jonathan C

You don't normally see reviews made by other industry professionals. So hopefully this one will give you a slightly different perspective... We've been running a professional wedding photography studio (Jonathan Connolly Photography) for 10+ years in South Florida. Throughout... Read More that time, we've worked with many different types of planners. So lets just say, we've seen it ALL!!! We've had the privilege to work alongside Joni and her team for several amazing events! We've seen her business perform with excellence time and time again. Joni is the sweetest person you will ever meet and she knows how to get things done! When you hire a planner you're hiring someone you can trust to make all the right decisions with your best interest in mind. Anytime we've worked with people who have hired "Your Special Day by Joni" we've seen nothing but happiness! If you're looking for a professional team that can deliver an event experience of a lifetime then look no further. They truly know how to make "your day" SPECIAL!!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Michelle B

Joni and her team were amazing. Event though we had limited time to plan our wedding, it turned out more beautifully than we ever could have imagined.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Graziela S

Joni does a beautiful job because she does it with he hearth. My wedding was more then I could have dream of she is patient and knowledgeable. I definitely recommend it ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Robin B

Joni is a fantastic planner! She planned my daughter's wedding and it was a true fairytale. Every detail was planned and double checked. She made the wedding day stress free for both my daughter and myself. Hiring Joni was the best thing I did. She has planned lots of... Read More weddings and knows all the right touches. Joni will plan the wedding of your dreams and will make sure those dreams come true.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Marisa D

Amazing, incredible, an angel in disguise...these are only a few of the many words to describe Joni. From our first conversation, she “got me” & I hired her as a full service planner, but what I got was so much more. Booking vendors was easy; she sent me options she felt were a... Read More good match. It was great b/c it kept me from having to stress & do a ton of research about credibility, costs, etc. Amazing thing was, I never had to go past her first suggestions! And the one vendor I tried to do on my own, I ended right back with Joni’s first suggestion. (I should mention all my vendors were great!) Brides told me how stressed they were & said “you & your fiancé will fight during this, it is part of it”. Well stressed should have been my middle name b/c, while engaged, I got a promotion that caused me to travel weekly, my husband changed jobs, & we bought/renovated a new house. But for me, that was not the case! Joni made the process seamless, easy & stress free all of which I am beyond thankful for! The weeks before, she was on top of every detail, keeping me in the loop, but understanding & being respectful of my schedule. The week of the wedding, I had a family emergency & without hesitation, Joni took care of every detail that needed to be changed. Rehearsal started normal but unfortunately I had another family emergency. She not only kept my bridal party composed, she kept me composed. She handled the entire thing with grace & respect. The day of the wedding, I can happily say everything went off perfectly. Her & her team were magnificent, from the little details, to ensuring everyone was happy & comfortable, to her attentiveness to me & my husband. She left no stone unturned. Funny story to highlight Joni’s expertise & personal touch; I was getting off the dance floor & called her name, she locked eyes with me & asked “veil?” I was like “how did she know?!?! But that’s Joni; the most attentive, in-sync & amazing planner that I was truly lucky enough to find!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Lara L

Joni and her team were an absolute dream. From the moment we first spoke on the phone until the moment we were on our flight to our honeymoon, Joni ensured that every detail was considered and executed to perfection. We had a 200 person wedding weekend in Miami Beach with... Read More rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception, and Sunday brunch. Joni kept track of all our vendors, negotiated on my behalf, coordinated contracts, and oversaw cohesion. Her guidance and expertise are unmatched. No matter what issue arose, no question went unanswered. Joni was extremely responsive and most importantly incredible even-keeled. Our insane Jewish & Italian families were not easy to coordinate, but she was able to keep everyone focused, on task, and enjoying every minute. I think the most helpful things Joni did were the following: 1. day of schedule 2. reception schedule 3. coordinating vendors To elaborate, Joni ensured that the personal flowers got to me on time, the caterers knew when to send out the next course & clear things etc, the music turned up or down, the attention was directed when needed, the photographers were focused to the right people, and I could go on. But essentially she ensured that everything happened when it was intended to happen and quite seamlessly to boot. The evening went so incredibly smoothly from me as the bride's perspective, my parents' perspective, all of our guests shared this sentiment - it was really just perfectly orchestrated and could not have happened without Joni. She is a deeply beautiful person inside and out and ensured that every wish my husband and I had was met and exceeded (and those of our crazy parents). I am forever indebted to her and would recommend her wholeheartedly. "

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Lynette Z

My family and I were recommended to Joni by one of the catering managers at the Rusty Pelican in Miami, where my reception was held. From the moment we met with her for our initial meeting, we knew Joni was the wedding planner for us. I live in Orlando, but I had my wedding in... Read More Miami, so I needed to make sure I had someone I could count on. Joni made it so that the long distance was a non-issue. She was very communicative throughout the whole process, quickly responding to all of our emails and touching base monthly over the phone. She helped us set up wedding timelines so nothing slipped through the cracks. For my wedding this April, she had one of her coordinators, Laura, with me, the bridesmaids, my mom and mother-in-law as we were getting ready while she made sure everything was under control at the Rusty Pelican. Laura went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. Even though we were running behind schedule when we arrived at the reception, Joni made sure that we got back on track without missing a step. It’s been a month since our big day, and people are still calling it “the wedding of the century.” So Joni, thank you, thank you, thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Paul Z

Joni, we can’t thank you enough. As an engineer, I know how advance planning avoids so many mishaps. Your patient and uplifting leadership, attention to detail and always aiming to create “Our Special Day” was invaluable. And you listened to us, agreeing with our good ideas... Read More while calmly steering us from our not-so-good ones. From our first meeting, we knew you were the one. You kept us on schedule, thought of everything and knew a multitude of quality vendors. We went into the wedding day very much at peace, knowing everything had been thoroughly planned. Laura did an amazing job of keeping the 11 women on task while they were beautifying before the wedding. Before arriving at the Rusty Pelican, we knew you had everything taken care of. You and Ana Maria did a great job with crowd management and helped us recover from our late arrival to get us back on track quickly and seamlessly. I never took my timeline out the entire night, which you know was a miracle, that’s how much at peace I felt! We heard endless raves during and after the party, like “best wedding ever!”, and not a single complaint, which is impossible to pull off. We know much of that is thanks to advance planning. Rest assured, anyone who asks us will hear nothing but raves! You can certainly count on our recommendation and referrals. Again, thanks for everything!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Rebekah S

You can't plan a wedding without Joni. She knows everything. She responds instantly. She knows every vendor you could imagine. She went to every meeting with us, helping to guide us through many decisions. And the process was fun! My husband and I had completely different... Read More visions of what the perfect wedding was - she somehow knew of solutions that were perfect compromises that we didn't even know existed. I really could not have imagined trying to plan our wedding without her. We had the most magical, incredible, stress-free evening (everyone says that your wedding day is stressful - ours wasn't at all. I think it's because they didn't have Joni). Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Nicole S

Joni is the ABSOLUTE BEST. She was unbelievably helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. From the first call I had with Joni, I knew she and I were going to get along fabulously! She is the sweetest and most caring wedding planner, who became a family friend... Read More through the year-long wedding planning process. I really could not have enough positive things to say about working with Joni to up to and including my wedding day-which went off without a hitch!!! (and if there was one, I wouldn't know anything about it because Joni was there for everything!). Do yourself a favor and let Joni guide you towards the perfect wedding weekend. <3

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Victoria W

I can honestly say I had ZERO stress the whole 13 months of planning my wedding including the day of my wedding all because of JONI and her incredible team.(How often do you hear a bride say that?) I never had to think twice about if something was going to get done or if the... Read More vendors contacted back because they were always so on top of everything and everyone. She listened to everything my husband and I wanted for our Special Day and made it come to real life times a million. I could have not had the fairy tale wedding that every girl dreams of since a young age without Joni and her the best team around. When i say they go to the extreme they go to the extreme from beginning to end of planning. Every vendor meeting, food tasting, cake tasting you name it Joni was there. She always made time for me even at 11 p.m. when I needed to ask her a question. Thank you for everything you did to make our wedding day the absolute best ever love you to the moon and back Joni! xoxox

Joni Scalzo

I love people and I love animals (have two dogs…Luigi and Jenni). I love happy times and I love to have a good time. That is why weddings and parties are my passion. I am truly blessed to be able to do what I do and I have fun doing it. I have always been in a “people” business and spent some years as an interior designer (decor is one of my passions). This is a definite plus – while it is your style and vision that we want to capture for your wedding, my sense of style helps pull it together. Give us a call, there is never any obligation 561-756-6760