You're Invited Wedding & Event Planning

Kansas City & Lawrence

Detailed Wedding Planning + Event Design + Day Of

Kim Ho and her team of planners will assist you with planning the event of your dreams or simply help you finish the planning process by providing day of coordination. Planning and custom designing event details with an unmatched level of perfection since 2003!

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Kansas City & Lawrence (913) 208-5387

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Becca S

Kim has planned countless weddings for friends and family of mine so I knew from experience that I would receive fantastic service - she did not disappoint! She was on top of every planning detail. She helped coordinate every single detail with my vendors to ensure the... Read More ceremony and reception ran seamlessly. I had some pretty grand ideas for both my ceremony and reception, and she and her team made it happen! She executed all of my decor and vision ideas perfectly and really brought my wedding dreams to life! Not to mention, she and her staff cleaned up everything after the wedding reception so I was able to enjoy the night! She even met me on the Monday after my wedding to deliver items that I had rented from a rental company. She is truly invested in every wedding, and couple, and it really shows! And I know there were plenty of behind the scenes details that Kim handled without me even knowing! The wedding was so amazing because of her and all of her help! THANK YOU, KIM!!! I would highly, highly recommend her to any bride looking!

2016-10-19T10:15:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Becca! I'm certain I will see you again soon :)

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Mandy G

Kim and her team are absolutely amazing! We had her do everything from the very beginning and we are so thankful we did. She did EVERYTHING! She is so organized and she coordinated everything so beautifully that we didn’t have to worry about a thing. She planned the... Read More meetings, sent the bills to us after she’d checked them over for accuracy, sent out the invitations and made sure things were done on time. Our wedding ran so smoothly, all we had to do was enjoy the day! We really loved the invitations Jamie (part of Kim’s team)designed just for us, the logo she designed was amazing! We also had Jamie design some water bottle, gift bag and popcorn labels for us using the logo she had designed for our wedding invitations, we just asked and she was ready and willing to do it. I really believe there isn’t anything Kim and her team can’t do. I can’t imagine planning a wedding without a wedding planner and Kim is the best. Our wedding was perfect, exactly what we wanted, which to me is priceless.

2016-10-19T10:15:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Julie & Amanda! What a beautiful wedding day you had!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Liz B

Having Kim Ho and the staff at You're Invited plan our wedding was the smartest decision we made! Kim proved invaluable during the year-long planning process. She set up vendor meetings, asked questions that I would never thought to ask, and made all follow up arrangements. With... Read More an eye for detail, Kim made sure that our specific vision for the wedding became a beautiful reality. On the day of the wedding, she made sure that everything went according to plan. From making sure that certain people with special dietary needs got a special plate to bringing a toiletry basket for guests to use, Kim was the second mom that got things done (and kept the schedule moving). We are indebted to her for making our wedding such a wonderful and beautiful night. Thank you, thank you! If you are smart, you'd hire Kim. I still believe it was the best decision we made for the wedding. You won't regret it.

2016-10-19T10:16:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Liz! Absolutely loved working with you and your mom on such a stunning event!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Mallory K

I am so thankful for Kim and everyone at You're Invited! Planning can be stressful but in our 6 month engagement, I didn't have to worry about a thing. Especially when my grandmother, who I was very close to, passed away the week of our wedding. I knew I could focus on family... Read More because Kim was taking care of all the wedding stuff. Kim understood my "dream" wedding and turned it into a reality! I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who is looking for a wedding above and beyond what they've ever hoped for!

2016-12-22T13:19:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mallory! So of my favorite weddings are with your family!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Sami M

Kim was my LIFELINE during the months leading up to my wedding and the day of as well! I never once felt overwhelmed or stressed about the preparation! She took the time to understand our vision and our day was beyond what we could have ever imagined. Kim made sure the day went... Read More without a hitch and I will forever be grateful for what she did for us. I can't say enough good things about her!

2016-12-22T13:20:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Amber G

I'm in a family with three girls and Kim and her team has pulled off all three of our weddings without a hitch! She made each of our weddings unique and different. She was always a text, call, drive away and went above and beyond her regular duties as a planner for us. I am so... Read More blessed to say that with Kim and her team my wedding and planning was stress free, not many can say that!

2016-12-22T13:19:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Carla R

Kim did a fantastic job as our 'day of' planner! She was there for advice and referrals along the way as we were planning and then as we got closer to the event she knew just what to focus on and really kept us on track! She was able to work with the vendors to coordinate... Read More services. Her personal relationships with people in the wedding services community are so helpful. The weekend of the wedding I was able to relax and enjoy the whole experience as the mother of the bride, knowing that Kim had things well in hand! Such a special time for us..... so glad we had her help!

2016-12-22T13:20:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to work with you!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Erin V

Kim and her staff are some of the most hard-working, amazing girls you will find in the wedding industry. No detail goes unnoticed, and all those things you don't want to worry about on your wedding day are taken care of with grace. Kim's organization level is top-notch, and her... Read More years of experience give her an edge over other local planners! This is a team that knows their stuff, and they are worth the investment!

2016-12-22T13:21:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Amie M

Choosing Kim and her team at You're Invited was the second best choice I could have made during my engagement (the first was saying "YES" to my now husband)! After planning a complete wedding with a short six month engagement, we had to make a lot of changes due to life... Read More circumstances and Kim took care of everything, alleviating all stress from me. Without Kim's attention to detail and making sure I completed my tasks, our perfect day would not have went off without a hitch! Thank you Kim, we are forever grateful!

2016-10-19T10:17:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Amie!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Kathleen H

Choosing Kim as the wedding planner for my daughter Katie's wedding this past weekend was one of the best, if not the best, decisions we made for the wedding. She is amazing. She is so organized and detail oriented, not to mention hard working, that nothing will be overlooked or... Read More forgotten when planning your day. We hired Kim for "day of coordination" but she was hands on for over well over a month. She made sure I was on top of everything and that everything was going as planned.I don't know what we would have done without her. As for the day itself she handled everything from beginning to end so I didn't need to worry about anything and could enjoy the wedding. I've worked with a wedding planner before when my other daughter got married and she was good but Kim was way beyond anything I could have expected or hoped for. She is a pleasure to work with and I am so happy we chose her as our planner.

2016-10-19T10:17:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such kind words!

Reviewed on 2/06/2016

We used Kim as our wedding planner for our wedding in Lawrence this past fall, and could not have been happier with all of the help and support she provided us along the way. As the groom, I was hesitant towards the idea of getting a wedding planner initially, but was so glad we... Read More did after the fact... especially with us planning the wedding from out of state. Kim is very experienced and knowledgeable on vendors and venues around KC and Lawrence. She gave us tons of advice, but also gave us the freedom to really make all of the decisions ourselves, so it always felt like it was our wedding. She provided lots of options for consideration, and helped us figure out ways to manage our budget from start to finish. She was very flexible with any crazy requests or inquiries we dreamt up, and made them a reality. The biggest thing for us was all of her help on the actual wedding weekend. Kim made sure we, our family, and our bridal party all knew the plan, so there was no uncertainty on where and when anyone needed to be somewhere. She got all of our vendors set-up for us and the break down, and we really didn't have to do or worry about anything at all besides enjoying our once in a life time day. It gave us great peace of mind knowing that someone was on top of anything, and if anything unexpected did happen, it would be handled with out us having to be pulled away from the fun of the day. The whole wedding process was stress free for me because we had Kim and her team guiding us along. Oh, and the wedding turned out beautiful. We had soo many guests tell us how incredible the entire wedding was. So, big ups to Kim. We would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking for help making their wedding perfect.

2016-10-19T10:19:18 Response from the vendor

It was the perfect weekend! Thank you Kevin & Emily!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Laurel K

Kim is absolutely amazing. We did the early planning on our own and hired her as our day-of coordinator. It was the best decision we made! Kim took so much of the stress off us in the weeks leading up to the wedding, allowing us to relax and enjoy everything. She had tons of... Read More great suggestions and helped with the decor, which looked incredible. All went smoothly and we could not have imagined a better day!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Nicole U

Kim Ho and her staff at You’re Invited made my wedding day completely painless and easy. I live in a small town, and she was able to come up with beautiful features that I wouldn’t have known how to acquire without her. She has coordinated two of my sister’s wedding, and I... Read More recommend her to all of my friends. She saved us money in crucial places, handled all the coordination and details, and made schedules for the day for our massive wedding party. She was completely worth it. The best part was that Kim is always easy to get ahold of. She kept me on track, even with my busy schedule, and took time to help me add special personal details that were important to us. She also had many ideas that I wouldn’t have thought of. I always felt like she was listening to my wants and needs, while always considering my budget, which was most important to us. I couldn’t have had a wedding with that many amazing details without her. People still tell me that it was the most organized, most fun, and most beautiful wedding that they have been to, and that is all because of Kim’s organization. I highly recommend her for any planning needs!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Jessica K

My husband and I recently held our outdoor wedding reception, and I can honestly say we couldn't have pulled it off without Carrie's help. So many things went wrong at the last minute, but I didn't even notice thanks to Carrie's hard work and amazing planning! She was in... Read More constant contact with us throughout our entire planning process and was great about ensuring that the day went exactly how we envisioned. I could not recommend You're Invited more highly - they were amazing, and I would hire them again in an instant!

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Ashley W

Carrie was by far the best decision we made when planning our wedding. We hired her for the coordination package with clean up. She made our wedding day completely stress free. There are so many details that she took care of that I would have never thought about. Not only did... Read More she help make our reception completely beautiful, but she worked with our vendors to make sure everything was exactly how I wanted it. I cannot stress enough how glad I am that we hired a wedding coordinator. I was really against it for a long time. Both my husband and I were completely calm on the wedding day and were able to focus on each other rather than all of the little details. My family was able to relax after the wedding and hang out with family instead of worry about the cleanup. It was perfect. Great price and very reliable, professional, and personable.

Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Amy P

Having, "You're invited" really took a lot of stress off my shoulders. They organized everything and gave me directions which was sooo helpful. I would recommend them to anyone getting married or anyone having an event that needs help getting things in order.

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Rachel K

Kim is absolutely amazing! It was the best money I spent on the wedding by far. I saw her in action at other weddings, before I hired her for my own and would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone. She is detailed oriented and genuinely cares about your wedding. She makes you feel as... Read More if you are the only wedding she has, when in reality she is a very busy lady in high demand! My family and I could fully relax on the day of, because we knew that Kim had everything handled and decorated exactly how I wanted it. It was the best feeling ever! She truly wants the wedding to be what you want it to be, no hidden agendas. She's the best!

2015-05-26T12:32:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you Rachel! I hope to see you at even more weddings in the coming years! Kim

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Jerri Z

Kim Ho and her staff at You're Invited made our wedding a huge success. We hired Kim immediately after we booked our venue, and she took the lead from there. Our eight-month engagement was completely stress-free thanks to Kim. Kim has all the qualities that any bride... Read More would want in a wedding planner/coordinator. She is very professional, and has great relationships with vendors. During the wedding planning process, I learned that some smaller vendors do not have contracts. As an attorney, this made me nervous at first, but I knew that because Kim was organizing it and was familiar with the vendor, it was no problem. Kim is also very organized. She will keep track of your budget and send you updates on what has been paid, and any outstanding bills due and their due dates. There are so many options for all the aspects of a wedding. Kim will be very honest with you regarding what is would be the best option for you. Hiring Kim Ho and her staff at You're Invited was by far the best decision we made in our wedding planning. I was able to send the day with my family and friends, and did not have to worry at all.

2015-05-26T12:31:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jerri! Loved working with you guys! So happy to have been able to assist!

Went Above and Beyond, and Forever Grateful!

Reviewed on 3/22/2015 Michael W

Because of the dedication, the vision, and the attention-to-detail Kim Ho and her team demonstrated throughout the planning and execution of our wedding, words alone truly cannot express how happy we were with using the You’re Invited team. We live in Chicago and had our... Read More wedding in Kansas City. Kim and Carrie’s planning and organizational skills gave us the luxury of a worry-free rehearsal dinner and a flawless day-of set of activities. Kim and Carrie made sure that every item that needed to be planned was perfectly setup and finished: no flaws, no “slips through the cracks”, nothing short of perfection. We had a family emergency the week of our wedding that significantly limited our ability to focus on the last-minute activities right before the wedding. Because of the dedication of the You’re Invited team, and because of the impeccable planning they had already done, they didn’t skip a beat and took an “all hands on deck” approach to making sure that our minds were focused on family, and not on whether or not last-minute tasks would be done. If ever there was a moment where a wedding planner could have gone that proverbial “extra mile”, this was it. And for that, we will always be grateful. In short, Kim, Carrie, and the You’re Invited team not only delivered the wedding we had dreamed of, they did so in a most professional, timely, and gracious manner. We could not have had the wedding we had without You’re Invited, and we wanted you, The Knot, and the world to know. Thank you, Kim, and we wish you and your team continued success! - Mike & Angie Wall

2015-05-26T12:30:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you Angie & Mike! We loved assisting you and are so happy we were able to take some of the added pressure the week of the wedding!

Perfectly Planned Wedding: from Overseas

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Cristina F

Honestly, before meeting Kim I was opposed to paying someone to do a job I thought we could take care of ourselves with some dedication and focus. In the process of getting to know Kim, I realized trying to pull it off ourselves would have been an absolute nightmare ending in... Read More disappointed shame. Kim's team is worth every single penny!! We found Kim through the knot.com and knew she was the one for us after the first phone call. We were living in the Netherlands and trying to plan our wedding in Kansas City (where neither my bride or myself have ever lived). We took her for the full start to finish package, given our unfamiliarity to the area and to planning a wedding. She looked into our initial research for venues, DJs, catering - but her own contacts (which we had not found online) turned out to be more in line with what we wanted and cheaper via Kim's personal discount deal with them! She never put pressure on us to go with one of her people - she always strongly encouraged us to go with our own choice. I think that was one of the outstanding qualities about Kim - her priority is YOUR priority. She is well aware that if you're not happy with anything on your day - you will not be happy with her. Kim provided the correct amount of guidance and timed structure that we needed to get all our ducks in a row. It was almost as if she incepted my wife's head and made all of her spoken and unspoken ideas and wishes for the day a reality. As we walked into our reception - we were literally stunned. The level of detail based on 9 months of conversation had completely been conceptualized into our event. No way was our day as perfect without the services of You're Invited. Grooms - don't be an idiot. Take it from me, a cost cutting cheapskate (best man lit me on fire for that in his speech, among other things) - HIRE KIM.

2015-05-26T12:29:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you guys so much! I miss talking to you every week! Kim

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Kristy J

Kim Ho is the absolute BEST!! She was nothing short of amazing. She was able to not only figure out my vision, but she surpassed what I ever could have even began to imagine. My venue was PERFECT!! There is no way I could have ever done/created what she did. From the very... Read More beginning she organized and coordinated everything so that all I had to do was make the decision between 2 or 3 vendors instead of trying to research everything myself. Once the vendor decision is made, she is the one that will coordinate with them and keep them on task so that your wedding day goes off without a hitch. She made our wedding day stress free. I had the luxury of getting to sit back and relax the whole day instead of worrying about getting stuff set up, getting gifts loaded up, taking down decorations, etc. I just got to show up and go along for the ride that was the best day of my life and I know it is all thanks to Kim that I was able to enjoy it. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is getting married. When you decide on your wedding budget, factor that little portion for Kim or her team and they will do the rest of the work for you.

2015-05-26T12:35:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Amazing Amazing Choice!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Kendra S

Words cannot describe how crucial Kim was to the success of our wedding weekend. We began planning our wedding from Argentina and knew we needed a wedding planner to do it. We started planning in March for a wedding in October, so you can understand the necessity of having... Read More someone to help us. From the beginning, Kim went above and beyond in helping us determine a venue. She went to venues and took video so that we could experience what it would be like if we were there. She asked many questions to determine exactly what we wanted (even though we didn’t really know what we wanted) and provided multiple options so we had choices, but weren’t overwhelmed by them. Kim provided us with multiple vendor options so that we were able to get what we wanted but not overpay for it. She took care of every detail and managed our rehearsal and ceremony day with all the professionalism in the world. Any question or concern leading up to the wedding was responded to within hours. But, one of my favorite things about Kim was that she always reminded me not to stress out. This, alongside her taking care of everything made for a TRULY amazing day. If I could go back and do this again, I would pick Kim every single time. Whether you use You’re Invited for partial, day of, or full wedding planning, they are worth every single penny and more. You will not regret it! Thank you Kim for an amazing wedding day.

2015-05-26T12:36:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you! You are so welcome! Kim

Professional & Great with Detail

Reviewed on 7/07/2014

I had the pleasure of working with Kim as the planner for a wedding at my venue. Throughout the entire planning process Kim was friendly, professional and very easy to work with. As I met with her and the client, it was clear to me that Kim was doing everything possible to make... Read More their dream wedding come true, down to every last detail. The day of the wedding, Kim was there with a smile and she went above and beyond to make sure everything went exactly the way it should. With Kim's experience, professional attitude & attention to detail, I would recommend her to any client looking for someone to help make their big day perfect. - Megan Rohde (Studio Dan Meiners)

Great team!

Reviewed on 1/27/2014 Mario E

You don't really think about what all goes into planning a wedding until YOU have to do it. You're Invited takes that stress off you and makes your wedding day what it should be - carefree, smooth and everything you want it to be. No drama on your biggest day, no fuss and... Read More absolutely no need to watch the clock and concern yourself with what you have to do next. They will take of ALL of it. Big praises for Kim and Leslie.

Fabulous Decorating

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Tara H

We used You're Invited for decorating, as well as wedding planning. Our venue looked stunning when we walked in. Everything was as beautiful as we had envisioned. The ceremony & reception would not have run as smoothly without them. Carrie & Kim were very attentive to my... Read More bridal ideas. However, there were times when we felt pressured to provide them information about our other vendors, even though we had stated when didn't have the information yet. I'm sure try were just trying to be thorough & do a good job, but it really added to my stress in the months before the wedding. Overall, try we're great & we couldn't have done it without them!