Zak Zavada Photography

Northeast/Central Pennsylvania, The Poconos, NY, NJ and PHL

Always appropriate

Zak's rich, editorial style combines a natural, photojournalistic approach with an artistic attention to detail, lighting, and composition. From Manhattan to Scranton, Kathmandu to Clarks Summit, Zak's eye for capturing a celebration at its best continues to inspire awe and tug at the heart strings.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

415 Arthur Ave, Scranton, PA Northeast/Central Pennsylvania, The Poconos, NY, NJ and PHL (570) 561-3516
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kendyl A

Zak captured our marriage on 10/1/2016 with the most personal, intimate photos! His passion is deep, his dedication is intense, and maybe most importantly, his end product is perfect. Zak will make sure to understand what it is you're looking for from his work. He will note... Read More your personal style, your family dynamics, and all of the quirky moments/items that are a part of your day to capture the perfect lasting memory for you. Our guests are still raving about his personality, his appearance, his equipment, and his ability to be everywhere, capturing everything, but somehow never in the way or slowing down the party. We had three flower girls and a thirteen year old groomsmen in our wedding party and Zak was so patient and kind. Six months before the wedding, Zak captured our engagement session. This was invaluable, not only because the photos are beautiful, but because he learned a lot about us that day, which helped to save time at the wedding. That session helped us to know what looked very natural for us, and what didn't work as well. Zak took portraits and candids, so the mix was great! We would recommend Zak to any couple looking for their wedding photographer, or anyone needing professional photography for any reason. He really is the best of the best!

2016-10-28T20:38:50 Response from the vendor

I am humbled by your kind words. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Joshua K

Going to write mine from a normal male perspective. Guys care about a few things, first making sure your bride has great photos she can cherish for years, that the price isn't crazy, and if you're lucky the photographer will be nice. Zak not only accomplished all of these... Read More things, he's totally a guy I'd have a beer with down the road and shoot the breeze. He was easy going but professional and I didn't feel like I was being pushed around ever. He was more like one of our guests who also takes amazing photos. Thanks for being great Zak, most appreciated.

2016-10-28T13:56:00 Response from the vendor

Dude, if you are ever back in the Scranton area I'd love to grab a beer. You always have a friend around here! 🍻

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Beth P

Zak was simply the best! His work is stunning and successfully captured our wedding day in the most spectacular way, focusing on candid shots and catching each special moment as it happened. He was there from the moment the day started until the end of the night, and was... Read More incredibly flexible when it came to timing/locations. With his knowledge and experience, he helped us create a general outline of how the day would flow, and he was able to relieve much stress. He even braved the outdoors with us on the coldest weekend of the winter to get some beautiful portraits. Zak was so easy to work with, readily available, and quick to answer any questions. The price was reasonable and worth every penny. I highly recommend Zak as a wedding photographer (or any type of photographer).

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Suzanne M

Zak was by far the best vendor to work with during the whole wedding planning process! He was reliable, flexible, responsive, and the list goes on and on. He was so accommodating that he even came all the way to NYC to shoot our engagement pictures! It felt more like a friend... Read More shooting our wedding than a ‘wedding photographer’. He did a great job getting all of the family and bridal party pictures done quickly so everyone could go and enjoy themselves. Nothing ever seemed too forced or posed. During the reception when anyone took out their phone to take a picture with me and my husband, Zak was right there with his camera to take a profession picture for them instead and that really impressed my guests! We’re still trying to figure out how he knew exactly when he was needed throughout the night! Zak was perfect for our wedding and I could not recommend him enough!

2017-10-18T15:45:18 Response from the vendor

You guys made my job easy! Thanks for being so awesome to work with. I can't wait to make your book!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Christina M

Zak was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end - it was so easy to communicate with him throughout the planning process and our big day! He happily met with us at our venue prior to our wedding to go over potential photo areas and schedule for the day. He was prompt day... Read More of and seamlessly went between the bridesmaids and groomsmen to take our "getting ready" photos. We liked that he was very knowledgable and had an artistic eye to capture beautiful moments. Zak is a gregarious photographer that took great candid and posed photos throughout our wedding day. We would highly recommend him to any couple!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Terri M

Zak was so great starting with our engagement photos and all the way up to when we received our wedding album. Zak is truly able to capture beautiful photos without you even realizing he is there. He focuses on capturing moments in time instead of setting up posed photos which... Read More was exactly what my husband and I wanted. We could not be happier with how our engagement and wedding photos came out and we will be able to cherish those photos forever. We received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful our photos were! In addition, Zak is so friendly and awesome to work with which is so helpful when you're planning a wedding. My husband and I would DEFINITELY recommend Zak Zavada Photography and we are very excited to work with him in the future!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Meagan P

It was a pleasure to have Zak Zavada as our wedding photographer. From our initial meeting all the way through to receiving our album, he maintained the utmost professionalism. He was always quick to respond and open to suggestions and feedback. His photography speaks for... Read More itself. A friend mentioned that the sign of a good photographer is one you don’t even know is there—And that was Zak. He shot a very broad range of photos capturing so many naturally beautiful moments that could only happen as the result of the photographer’s discreteness. I never felt like we were on display. He provided his professional feedback regarding album ideas, but also utilized all of my feedback to create the most memorable keepsake we will enjoy for a lifetime. Thank you so much for your beautiful work!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Traci D

I grew up outside of Scranton, Pennsylvania, and my wife and I met at the University of Scranton several years ago. We were put in touch with Zak through a family friend and were really pleased when he was interested in the ideas we shared with him during our first phone... Read More conversation. The pictures from our engagement shoot were fantastic, and his willingness to format the guestbook to our liking was really comforting, considering the other stresses we were facing at the time. Even though our wedding was taking place in New York City, Zak was exceptionally accommodating and professional. We were going back and forth between hiring a videographer, and eventually settled on one a week before the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Zak worked alongside the other gentleman like they had been collaborating for years. Unlike some weddings we have been to, where the photographers are in your face, Zak did a great job of capturing the action without interfering with the moment. We honestly cannot say enough about how comfortable we felt working with him and have been recommending him to anyone who has inquired since our wedding. His payment options through his website were fair and seamless. It would be a mistake not to consider him.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Martha K

My fiancé and I were tasked with planning our wedding from across the country, and we agree that booking Zak was the best decision we made! He was prompt, easy to work with, and understood our vision/vibe of the wedding. Not only was his talent very affordable, but I felt I... Read More got more than my money's worth. Zak was incredibly easy to work with, and made us feel confident in front of the camera. Even the previews of our photos took our breath away! I would recommend Zak Zavada photography to any bride who wants effortlessly gorgeous photos of her special day!

2016-10-26T19:59:54 Response from the vendor

🙌🏻 Thank You Martha & Josh! You guys rock! 🙏🏻

Reviewed on 8/19/2016

If you're looking for an amazing photographer - look no further! Zak was a complete dream to work with for our wedding. He did a wonderful job capturing the real and actual events of our special day - and didn't spend time directing or staging shots that feel fake or insincere.... Read More We appreciated getting a photo album that captured the raw emotion and spontaneous moments of our wedding. When we look through our album we feel as though we're reliving the action of the day, rather than just looking at portraits. This was exactly what we were looking for in our wedding pictures! It is also important to mention that Zak must be part ninja - because he captured EVERY moment of our wedding without ever being in the way or being obnoxious. After going to several other weddings, it is all too common to see photographers that wind up getting more attention than the bride and groom because they stand directly in the aisle of the venue or push guests out of the way to get the "perfect shot". We felt that Zak was completely respectful of our ceremony and our guests. It was almost as though he was everywhere and nowhere all at the same time - you could barely tell he was there, but was never more than a second away when you needed something. Lastly, Zak is extremely quick with his turn around time. We received our gallery of proofs only 2.5 weeks after our wedding. Within 3 months we had 3 high quality albums and an engraved USB delivered to our door! The albums are classic and feel very sturdy. The pages are thick with a tasteful, not too glossy, finish. We are extremely happy with the way everything turned out. In conclusion, I would highly recommend Zak to any bride and groom looking to capture the events and emotion of their wedding day. He is extremely easy to work with and a pleasure to have around. We used him for both our Sangeet and Wedding , and could not be happier with the results.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

Zak is very professional, passionate and easygoing. One of the features I really liked about Zak's wedding package was the fact that he offered all-day coverage. Many of the photographers I had spoken to limited the number of hours they would work on the wedding day. As a bride,... Read More this made me nervous because I knew delays could unexpectedly occur and I didn't want to worry about my photographer leaving before the end of my event. Thanks to Zak, I didn't have to. On the day of the wedding, he was on time, dressed sharply (my guests commented :) ), and very enthusiastic about shooting me, my wedding party and the whole event. After the wedding, Zak helped us put together a beautiful album. My wedding day went by so fast, but thanks to Zak, I will remember the beautiful moments for years to come.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Marysia G

I would definitely recommend Zak Zavada for your wedding and engagement pictures! He gave us a great deal and was very accommodating to our stretched timeline (11 am to 10 pm!) Zak made us feel so comfortable and relaxed during the craziness and handled our rowdy wedding party... Read More with professionalism. He offered lots of creative direction during our photo shoot and we're in love with the results!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Amy R

Zak was an awesome photographer! It felt like he was part of my family throughout the entire process. We were very satisfied with our photos as well as Zak's positive personality. Our flower girl fell in love with him and asked Zak to dance with her, to which he obliged! It was... Read More a perfect day, and he captured it perfectly! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer...with a personality!!! Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016

Excellent photographer . His work is unique, unlike all others! Every photo he developed, was breath taking! I have never been happier with a photographer . If anyone is looking for a photographer for their wedding, I suggest hiring Zak! He also goes a fabulous job with... Read More engagement photos.

Great choice!

Reviewed on 1/31/2016

We had very small wedding and wanted to have professional pictures of just two of us,me and my now husband. I found Zak's website and he was able to offer us what we were looking for at the affordable for us price. He was organized, outgoing, creative and very easy to work with.... Read More He made us feel comfortable and we had a lot of fun posing for pictures. He uploaded the gallery online super fast and pictures were great as we expected! Good quality and nice variety! He was very communicative and attentive before,during and after our wedding photoshoot. We are happy with an outcome! He certainly met our expectations. I definitely can recommend him for your event! And we will consider working with him in the future too!

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Alyssa A

We couldn't possibly be more pleased with Zak and his services! He is so professional, and made my fiancé and I feel so comfortable for our engagement shoot. He was also incredibly accommodating for us! I would recommend Zak to anyone in the area!

Zak is the BEST!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

Zak was the photographer for our engagement photos and wedding! He is an incredibly talented photographer who was extremely accommodating and easy to work with. His photos are of very high quality and our wedding album is awesome! It is apparent that Zak loves his job and we... Read More highly recommend him for any affair. We will definitely be utilizing his services for any events we have in the future.

Zak Zavada photography

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Zak Zavada was our daughter's wedding photographer and he did a terrific job. Our daughter and son in law had ten bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen! Zak was not intimidated by the number in the bridal party, in fact, he was excited. Upon meeting Zak, we could tell he was passionate... Read More about his work. Zak is professional, kind, friendly, accommodating and very talented. Zak takes pride in his work and it shows. You will not be disappointed in his work:).

Zak Zavada

Zak is a photographer based in Northeastern PA. Raised in Scranton and the surrounding countryside, Zak grew up with a camera always in his hand. An international education in the arts and several early gallery exhibitions of his work led to years of world travel in pursuit of the beautiful. Since first gaining international recognition for his innovative wall-sized enlargements of polaroid images of Tokyo, his star has not stopped rising. After nearly a decade of photographing weddings worldwide his unique style of seeing the light in this world is now available for your special day.