Zak Zavada Photography

Northeast/Central Pennsylvania, The Poconos, NY, NJ and PHL

Always appropriate

Zak's rich, editorial style combines a natural, photojournalistic approach with an artistic attention to detail, lighting, and composition. From Manhattan to Scranton, Kathmandu to Clarks Summit, Zak's eye for capturing a celebration at its best continues to inspire awe and tug at the heart strings.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

415 Arthur Ave, Scranton, PA Northeast/Central Pennsylvania, The Poconos, NY, NJ and PHL (570) 561-3516
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kendyl A

Zak captured our marriage on 10/1/2016 with the most personal, intimate photos! His passion is deep, his dedication is intense, and maybe most importantly, his end product is perfect. Zak will make sure to understand what it is you're looking for from his work. He will note... Read More your personal style, your family dynamics, and all of the quirky moments/items that are a part of your day to capture the perfect lasting memory for you. Our guests are still raving about his personality, his appearance, his equipment, and his ability to be everywhere, capturing everything, but somehow never in the way or slowing down the party. We had three flower girls and a thirteen year old groomsmen in our wedding party and Zak was so patient and kind. Six months before the wedding, Zak captured our engagement session. This was invaluable, not only because the photos are beautiful, but because he learned a lot about us that day, which helped to save time at the wedding. That session helped us to know what looked very natural for us, and what didn't work as well. Zak took portraits and candids, so the mix was great! We would recommend Zak to any couple looking for their wedding photographer, or anyone needing professional photography for any reason. He really is the best of the best!

2016-10-28T20:38:50 Response from the vendor

I am humbled by your kind words. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Joshua K

Going to write mine from a normal male perspective. Guys care about a few things, first making sure your bride has great photos she can cherish for years, that the price isn't crazy, and if you're lucky the photographer will be nice. Zak not only accomplished all of these... Read More things, he's totally a guy I'd have a beer with down the road and shoot the breeze. He was easy going but professional and I didn't feel like I was being pushed around ever. He was more like one of our guests who also takes amazing photos. Thanks for being great Zak, most appreciated.

2016-10-28T13:56:00 Response from the vendor

Dude, if you are ever back in the Scranton area I'd love to grab a beer. You always have a friend around here! 🍻

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Beth P

Zak was simply the best! His work is stunning and successfully captured our wedding day in the most spectacular way, focusing on candid shots and catching each special moment as it happened. He was there from the moment the day started until the end of the night, and was... Read More incredibly flexible when it came to timing/locations. With his knowledge and experience, he helped us create a general outline of how the day would flow, and he was able to relieve much stress. He even braved the outdoors with us on the coldest weekend of the winter to get some beautiful portraits. Zak was so easy to work with, readily available, and quick to answer any questions. The price was reasonable and worth every penny. I highly recommend Zak as a wedding photographer (or any type of photographer).

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Carmella S

Zak was amazing! He went above and beyond his role as a photographer even before the wedding festivities. My husband and I were struggling with last minute decisions and he was there to help us every step of the way. He even made a trip to the store on the day-of for forgotten... Read More items! All of our guests raved about him as well. At the end of the day, we feel that Zak is now part of our family and we couldn't be more happy with our experience!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jacqueline F

We absolutely loved working with Zak for our wedding day! He was referred to us by family and friends and we are SO GLAD. I already have and will continue to refer Zak to couples searching for a wedding photographer. After speaking to Zak via phone, we immediately knew we... Read More wanted to go with him as our photographer. He is extremely kind and has a remarkable talent for putting everyone at ease right away. I don't love having my photo taken but Zak made the entire process easy and painless. He was so flexible and accessible throughout our entire engagement emphasizing that we could call, text, or email him at any time. He was such a professional on our wedding day arriving on time to get photos of the groom and groomsmen early and then coming to where the bridesmaids and I were getting ready. The groomsmen LOVED his laidback approach and the bridesmaids couldn't be more thrilled with how all of the photos turned out! The photos made all of us laugh AND cry which speaks volumes of Zak's incredible talent. We love that the photos he captured of our wedding day are real moments and not all staged portraits. We have gotten TONS of compliments on our photos from family, friends, and even strangers! We couldn't be happier with the end result as looking at the photos makes us smile and remember the excitement of our wedding day perfectly. I have no idea how he was able to get so many amazing photos while managing not to be intrusive AT ALL! Our album is absolutely beautiful and is such an amazing keepsake from a perfect day! As another reviewer mentioned, I wish I could give him more than 5 stars because he truly deserves it. I hope we are able to work with Zak again in the future - thanks Zak you are AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Scott S

We found Zak through TheKnot and we could not be more pleased with the work he did. He came to us in Brooklyn on a VERY cold January day to take our engagement photos. These are some of our favorite photos of us, we have several of these photos framed in our apartment. The... Read More day of our wedding was as seamless as it could be and Zak played a huge part in that. He was around in all the right places to capture the true spirit of our wedding. Zak was very easy going but at the same time was very organized. He gathered all families into their spots for portraits and was able to corral my rag tag group of groomsmen. Almost every single guest commented on how great he was and ALL loved his wedding photos when we received them a few weeks later. All in all i have nothing but great things to say about Zak's work and I would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Joe M

To start this review I want to say that Zack was absolutely 100%professional personable and made the entire process that much easier to accomplish what we wanted to on our wedding day. We had a pretty decent size bridal party quite Rowdy quite uncoordinated and rambunctious but... Read More Zack dealt with them as if I was dealing with them myself his communication what is amazing almost every time I would call or text you was right answering or getting right back to me almost no matter the time is punctual thorough and went buy some of the rules or guidelines I should say my wife and I asked him to just just working with him was amazing I will have no problem recommending him to anyone and everyone that has interest in getting photography work done in any aspect you will not be disappointed and say this word confidence my wife and I I've already discussed using him in the future for other photo opportunities. Baseball themed wedding !!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Danielle F

You can tell by looking at his portfolio that Zak is an incredible photographer and takes beautiful pictures. What I really loved about working with Zak though is that he made everything so easy. I'm almost always uncomfortable with getting my picture taken but with Zak I felt... Read More comfortable, confident, and had so much fun. And to add to that, he blended the photography portion of the event into everything else so seamlessly. He kept us on track but wasn't intrusive. He was so much fun but also very professional. I would highly recommend him for any event. Thank you for helping make our day perfect, Zak!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Matthew P

Zak's work speaks for itself, it's easy to see his technical skill as a photographer, and his ability to capture the special moments that occur naturally. Zak's calm nature and confidence make it so easy to relax and enjoy the moment rather than worrying about what's going on.... Read More He guided us through the entire day of our wedding and was so easy to work with. He perfectly walks the line of staying focused and being professional, while having fun and keeping a laid back attitude that was especially appreciated by our friends and family during the family/wedding party shots. Zak and his second shooter Anthony were great at being everywhere throughout the night while blending in and never being intrusive. I would not hesitate to use Zak for any event, and would absolutely recommend his service to anyone looking for a photographer. It was really a pleasure working with him.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 FRANK R

I was the best man in my brothers wedding this year and Zak was hired as the photographer. Having been through many weddings including my own, getting pictures done hasn't always been my favorite thing to do. But Zak did a great job keeping things going and streamlined and... Read More didn't ask us to do alot of extra poses that were unnecessary. Zak was very professional and the results speak for themselves as the pictures were very good quality and beautiful to look at. I would recommend Zak for any occassion that you want to capture and remember forever.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Eric R

Zak Zavada was a great photographer. From the engagement pictures at my house to the day of the wedding. He was on time to get pictures of the guys getting ready and he made all my groomsmen feel comfortable and relaxed to get in the moment great pictures that i will have to... Read More cherish forever. I m going to recommend Zak Zavada to anyone and everyone that is looking for a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017

I wish I could give Zak more than five stars because he absolutely deserves it. Zak has a charming and friendly personality and made us feel relaxed and at ease during both our engagement and wedding photo shoots. He took the time to get to know us and made us feel... Read More comfortable being that this was our first time getting professional photos together. Every- time I look at our wedding photos I feel I am right back in that special moment and able to re-live that day over and over again through his work. He captured everything I could ask for on my wedding day and I will cherish our wedding album for the rest of our lives. He is highly attentive, quick to respond for questions, plus he worked around our schedules so that he could take photos of both groomsmen and bridesmaid before the ceremony. In addition, he worked well and captured so many beautiful photos of our sweet two year old daughter in both the engagement and wedding photos. He truly is extremely talented. He has the heart and love for his career and his passion of photography shows through the beautiful photos he captures. I highly recommend him to any future couples looking for a photographer on their wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Emily Y

Zak is an amazing photographer, and he should definitely be on your list of photographers to talk to. He is so easy to work with and he'll try just about anything to get the photos you want! Plus he captures the real moments making the pictures that much more amazing! I'd... Read More recommend Zak in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Caroline J

Zak is an incredible talent and a beautiful soul. He was relaxed, positive, and energetic throught our wedding and captured our special day perfectly. He worked with both my husband and I to create the kind of photography we desired and worked with us on the price. I also... Read More later hired him to take professional portraits and they were stunning. Zak is a must hire!!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Bethany P

Zak was amazing!!!!! He brought our vision to life and delivered incredible photos! Super easy to work with and came through when our photographer bailed on us 6 months before the wedding! Would highly recommend Zak to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Suzanne M

Zak was by far the best vendor to work with during the whole wedding planning process! He was reliable, flexible, responsive, and the list goes on and on. He was so accommodating that he even came all the way to NYC to shoot our engagement pictures! It felt more like a friend... Read More shooting our wedding than a ‘wedding photographer’. He did a great job getting all of the family and bridal party pictures done quickly so everyone could go and enjoy themselves. Nothing ever seemed too forced or posed. During the reception when anyone took out their phone to take a picture with me and my husband, Zak was right there with his camera to take a profession picture for them instead and that really impressed my guests! We’re still trying to figure out how he knew exactly when he was needed throughout the night! Zak was perfect for our wedding and I could not recommend him enough!

2017-10-18T15:45:18 Response from the vendor

You guys made my job easy! Thanks for being so awesome to work with. I can't wait to make your book!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Christina M

Zak was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end - it was so easy to communicate with him throughout the planning process and our big day! He happily met with us at our venue prior to our wedding to go over potential photo areas and schedule for the day. He was prompt day... Read More of and seamlessly went between the bridesmaids and groomsmen to take our "getting ready" photos. We liked that he was very knowledgable and had an artistic eye to capture beautiful moments. Zak is a gregarious photographer that took great candid and posed photos throughout our wedding day. We would highly recommend him to any couple!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Terri M

Zak was so great starting with our engagement photos and all the way up to when we received our wedding album. Zak is truly able to capture beautiful photos without you even realizing he is there. He focuses on capturing moments in time instead of setting up posed photos which... Read More was exactly what my husband and I wanted. We could not be happier with how our engagement and wedding photos came out and we will be able to cherish those photos forever. We received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful our photos were! In addition, Zak is so friendly and awesome to work with which is so helpful when you're planning a wedding. My husband and I would DEFINITELY recommend Zak Zavada Photography and we are very excited to work with him in the future!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Meagan P

It was a pleasure to have Zak Zavada as our wedding photographer. From our initial meeting all the way through to receiving our album, he maintained the utmost professionalism. He was always quick to respond and open to suggestions and feedback. His photography speaks for... Read More itself. A friend mentioned that the sign of a good photographer is one you don’t even know is there—And that was Zak. He shot a very broad range of photos capturing so many naturally beautiful moments that could only happen as the result of the photographer’s discreteness. I never felt like we were on display. He provided his professional feedback regarding album ideas, but also utilized all of my feedback to create the most memorable keepsake we will enjoy for a lifetime. Thank you so much for your beautiful work!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Traci D

I grew up outside of Scranton, Pennsylvania, and my wife and I met at the University of Scranton several years ago. We were put in touch with Zak through a family friend and were really pleased when he was interested in the ideas we shared with him during our first phone... Read More conversation. The pictures from our engagement shoot were fantastic, and his willingness to format the guestbook to our liking was really comforting, considering the other stresses we were facing at the time. Even though our wedding was taking place in New York City, Zak was exceptionally accommodating and professional. We were going back and forth between hiring a videographer, and eventually settled on one a week before the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Zak worked alongside the other gentleman like they had been collaborating for years. Unlike some weddings we have been to, where the photographers are in your face, Zak did a great job of capturing the action without interfering with the moment. We honestly cannot say enough about how comfortable we felt working with him and have been recommending him to anyone who has inquired since our wedding. His payment options through his website were fair and seamless. It would be a mistake not to consider him.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Martha K

My fiancé and I were tasked with planning our wedding from across the country, and we agree that booking Zak was the best decision we made! He was prompt, easy to work with, and understood our vision/vibe of the wedding. Not only was his talent very affordable, but I felt I... Read More got more than my money's worth. Zak was incredibly easy to work with, and made us feel confident in front of the camera. Even the previews of our photos took our breath away! I would recommend Zak Zavada photography to any bride who wants effortlessly gorgeous photos of her special day!

2016-10-26T19:59:54 Response from the vendor

🙌🏻 Thank You Martha & Josh! You guys rock! 🙏🏻

Reviewed on 8/19/2016

If you're looking for an amazing photographer - look no further! Zak was a complete dream to work with for our wedding. He did a wonderful job capturing the real and actual events of our special day - and didn't spend time directing or staging shots that feel fake or insincere.... Read More We appreciated getting a photo album that captured the raw emotion and spontaneous moments of our wedding. When we look through our album we feel as though we're reliving the action of the day, rather than just looking at portraits. This was exactly what we were looking for in our wedding pictures! It is also important to mention that Zak must be part ninja - because he captured EVERY moment of our wedding without ever being in the way or being obnoxious. After going to several other weddings, it is all too common to see photographers that wind up getting more attention than the bride and groom because they stand directly in the aisle of the venue or push guests out of the way to get the "perfect shot". We felt that Zak was completely respectful of our ceremony and our guests. It was almost as though he was everywhere and nowhere all at the same time - you could barely tell he was there, but was never more than a second away when you needed something. Lastly, Zak is extremely quick with his turn around time. We received our gallery of proofs only 2.5 weeks after our wedding. Within 3 months we had 3 high quality albums and an engraved USB delivered to our door! The albums are classic and feel very sturdy. The pages are thick with a tasteful, not too glossy, finish. We are extremely happy with the way everything turned out. In conclusion, I would highly recommend Zak to any bride and groom looking to capture the events and emotion of their wedding day. He is extremely easy to work with and a pleasure to have around. We used him for both our Sangeet and Wedding , and could not be happier with the results.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

Zak is very professional, passionate and easygoing. One of the features I really liked about Zak's wedding package was the fact that he offered all-day coverage. Many of the photographers I had spoken to limited the number of hours they would work on the wedding day. As a bride,... Read More this made me nervous because I knew delays could unexpectedly occur and I didn't want to worry about my photographer leaving before the end of my event. Thanks to Zak, I didn't have to. On the day of the wedding, he was on time, dressed sharply (my guests commented :) ), and very enthusiastic about shooting me, my wedding party and the whole event. After the wedding, Zak helped us put together a beautiful album. My wedding day went by so fast, but thanks to Zak, I will remember the beautiful moments for years to come.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Marysia G

I would definitely recommend Zak Zavada for your wedding and engagement pictures! He gave us a great deal and was very accommodating to our stretched timeline (11 am to 10 pm!) Zak made us feel so comfortable and relaxed during the craziness and handled our rowdy wedding party... Read More with professionalism. He offered lots of creative direction during our photo shoot and we're in love with the results!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Amy R

Zak was an awesome photographer! It felt like he was part of my family throughout the entire process. We were very satisfied with our photos as well as Zak's positive personality. Our flower girl fell in love with him and asked Zak to dance with her, to which he obliged! It was... Read More a perfect day, and he captured it perfectly! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer...with a personality!!! Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!!

Zak Zavada

Zak is a photographer based in Northeastern PA. Raised in Scranton and the surrounding countryside, Zak grew up with a camera always in his hand. An international education in the arts and several early gallery exhibitions of his work led to years of world travel in pursuit of the beautiful. Since first gaining international recognition for his innovative wall-sized enlargements of polaroid images of Tokyo, his star has not stopped rising. After nearly a decade of photographing weddings worldwide his unique style of seeing the light in this world is now available for your special day.