Cakes that taste as good as they look.

Zingerman’s Bakehouse wedding cakes are custom-made pieces of edible art. We can create the cake of your dreams, in both design and flavor. We make everything, even our fondant, from scratch using the best ingredients we can find.

Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

3711 Plaza Drive, Ann Arbor, MI (734) 761-7255

Superb - Can't Go Wrong with Zingerman's

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Marissa A

There are not enough adjectives to describe Zingerman's quality. I thought I was set on a local bakery for my wedding cake until a tasting event at our wedding venue. I immediately fell in love with the Hummingbird cake and cream cheese frosting - it was a game changer! We... Read More set up an appointment with a wedding cake coordinator. The meeting went very well and we thought we were set on flavors, but another game changer - they sent us home with a box of samples! We opted for a hummingbird layer, an almond pound cake layer with cherry filling and allover buttercream frosting. It was the most delicious cake I've had and a beautiful accompaniment to our wedding. The cake was beautiful, delivery prompt and staff knowledgeable. They even left a present for us (2 mugs) at our gift table during their delivery! I would highly recommend Zingerman's.

2015-06-24T07:33:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely review. We are so thrilled that you loved your wedding cake--inside and out. The hummingbird cake really is a favorite by many. Take care and enjoy your wedded bliss!

Beautiful and DELICIOUS wedding cakes!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Andrea L

This was the best vendor I had on my wedding day. The cake was better than I had imagined both in design and in flavor. SO MOIST and delicious. The staff was also very helpful and punctual on checking up with me to make sure I was still happy with my order. Also loved the... Read More surprise gift they left at our wedding! Really made me feel appreciated as a customer. :)

Zingerman's Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 1/15/2014 Valerie I

Even though Zingerman's is a large and thriving company in Ann Arbor, they provided individualized and attentive services. They have delicious and unique cake flavors and welcomed me back on 3 different occasions to pick up samples of various buttercream/cake flavor... Read More combinations. The cake was as visually stunning as it was delicious and will certainly be memorable to our guests! We're still enjoying the cake leftovers 2 weeks later!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Igor C

Very professional. Super helpful even when we had some last minute changes needed. Highly recommend

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Katherine J

Zingerman's Bakehouse made 3 table cakes for our wedding, and they were delicious and gorgeous!! We had 2 different flavors- cocoa velvet with ginger and chocolate buttercream frostings, and almond pound cake with raspberry buttercream and preserves and vanilla buttercream.... Read More Cake is my absolute favorite food, so I was thrilled to have 2 amazing options on our wedding day :).

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Elizabeth H

The smile on my face when I first saw the cake in our venue was one of my most fondest memories on my wedding day. The cake was even more gorgeous then I had imagined. In fact, I barely noticed any of the other decor as the cake stole the show. They created a wonderful purple... Read More ombre cake for my wedding at the Henry Ford Museum. Wonderful vendor to work with, amazing cake flavors to select from, and they sum up the slogan of Pure Michigan perfectly. Zingerman's Bakehouse will not disappoint!!

Amazing Wedding Cheesecake

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Rebecca G

We aren't huge cake fans so we didn't want to buy a cake. The Bakehouse worked with us to create a double stacked cheesecake that they frosted and we decorated with flowers. The pictures are gorgeous. They also provided our wedding pies (chocolate chess was hands down the... Read More favorite).

Yum!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Brianna K

Best cake we've ever had - Our guests absolutely loved it too! The cake turned out beautiful and exactly what we wanted!!! The whole experience, from cake testing to delivery, was amazing!!

Perfect across the board

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Marissa F

As an Ann Arbor native, Zingerman’s is both one my standards for food excellence and one of my favorite places to eat. I’d had Bakehouse treats many times before, but never tried their wedding cake, so I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect when I went in for our consultation.... Read More That said, the entire staff went above and beyond my expectations in every way, from our first consultation to designing our cake to the product they delivered to our wedding. My now-husband and I went in for our first consultation with a couple of ideas of what we wanted on our cake, including what we thought was a somewhat complicated symbol for the middle tier. They immediately took our ideas and drafted a perfect design on the first try, complete with a perfect rendering (and eventual execution) of the symbol. In addition to the design being perfect, the taste of all the samples, and our cake on the day itself, was absolutely delicious. I can’t say enough good things about the Zingerman’s Bakehouse wedding cake team and their confections.

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Lauren A

The Bakehouse did an amazing job turning my idea into the cutest cake and cupcakes that tasted like heaven!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Jocelyn P

Our wedding cake was amazing. We had Raspberry and white chocolate filling with buttercream cake and it was a huge hit, everyone loved it.

Delicious but a bit pricey

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Julia W

For our wedding, we opted for a small two-tier cake from Zingerman's to cut and serve to the bridal party and immediate family (~35 people). We got the hummingbird cake with buttercream frosting and it was insanely delicious. The decoration was exactly what we wanted - rustic... Read More white frosting decorated with a few fresh flowers. We had a monogram incorporated into a lot of our stationary for the wedding that I gave Zingerman's a picture of and they made a gumpaste version for our cake topper! Zingerman's has a lot of great touches that make their customer service awesome. You get a ton of cake samples at your tasting and the staff is always super friendly. When they delivered the cake they also left us a wedding gift - two cute branded mugs and a card! My only dissatisfaction was that the cake seemed a bit pricey to me - $200 for hardly any decoration and to serve 35 people. That's why we ended up going with Costco sheetcake for the rest of our guests and that went over surprisingly well with them!

Amazingly Good Cakes!

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Andrea J

I chose Zingerman's Bakehouse for our wedding cake and it was amazing! It is the best wedding cake I have ever tasted. The design of the cake was very intricate and required a lot of hand piping, but it turned out beautiful. I could not have been more pleased!

LOVE!

Reviewed on 9/02/2013 Danielle P

We loved our cake! It was absolutely delicious, absolutely gorgeous, and absolutely what we were looking for! The staff at Zingerman's can't be beat. They were unexceptionally friendly and professional even when we needed extra samples because we couldn't settle on a flavor... Read More and even when we completely redesigned the look during our final consultation. Just the best! Admittedly, you pay a bit more, but it's worth the splurge.

WOW

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Vila K

There is nothing I can say but WOW! My cakes where amazing!!! They tasted great too! I honestly couldn't have picked a better vendor to have done our wedding cake. In all honesty I didn't even research wedding cake vendors I knew I wanted Zimmerman's to do it! They did an... Read More amazing job on the star wars themed grooms cake! You guys have to give them serious consideration! Idk how to upload photos to this thing so I added a link where you can see our cakes in a blog they did! It's so cool http://www.zingermansbakehouse.com/wedding-cakes/cake-blog/

Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Judy G

I gave the cake designer a picture of the cake I wanted...she created it to the exact specifications. It was beautiful. I chose an almond pound cake that was a bit too thick, but other than that...it was marvelous and great customer service. happy bride!!

Unique Flavors

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Laura F

My husband & I don’t necessarily agree on cake flavors, so I love all the options that Zingerman’s was able to provide. When we couldn’t quite pick out our final flavor choices after our initial taste testing, they provide us some cupcakes with additional flavor combinations for... Read More us to try at a later date. The decoration/design of the cake was transferred flawlessly from paper to real life and our cake turned out absolutely gorgeous. In all my interactions with Zingerman’s everyone acted very professional. They also sent along a card & a small gift to the reception site which I thought was a thoughtful touch! I really appreciate all the extra effort Zingerman’s went to in order to make my experience great!

Best cake ever

Reviewed on 7/24/2012 Kelli S

We were not planning on having a wedding cake, until we tasted Zingerman's cake. Both my husband and I didn't really like cake, often finding it dry. However, we tasted the cake from Zingerman's and changed our minds. It was so tasty! The service was extremely friendly and... Read More they designed my cake perfectly! I highly recommend Zingerman's Bakehouse for your cake needs. (I would also check out some of their other departments!)

Best brownie bite favors!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Jenny K

I would give Zingerman's 6 stars if I could! Not only were their brownie bites a big hit, but the coordinators I worked with were extremely friendly, responsive and went the extra mile to make things easier on us - we sent them the packaging for the favors and printed stickers... Read More and they packaged everything up for us, tied the ribbons and had them sent directly to our reception venue 2 days prior to the wedding!

Excellent Bakery

Reviewed on 11/26/2011 Jennifer C

We used Zingerman's for our three-tiered wedding cake & round Chicago-themed groom's cake. The cake tasting and design process was easy and convenient. We scheduled an appointment, laid out the design and tasted two cakes on-site. We left with a sketch of the cakes and a sample... Read More box of flavors to take home and try. Excellent and timely customer service and the best fondant I have ever tasted! They even left a wedding present for us. Although pricier than other options, we felt it was worth it. I would highly recommend.

Heaven on a Fork

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Meghan C

When my fiance and I went to our tasting, we had no intention of using Zingermans for our wedding cake, we just wanted a taste. This was our favorite bakery and we'd stop by for a slice of cake way more than we should have. However, after our tasting we couldn't say no and I'm... Read More so glad that we didn't. We had so many guests tell us that they normally don't eat cake but ended up wanting more. The cake was beautiful too! Our meetings with the bakers were so easy and helpful, and they even left us a wedding present at our reception! Its a little on the pricey side, but you certainly won't be disappointed with the flavor, appearance or service!

Delicious and beautiful work

Reviewed on 9/30/2011 Amanda H

We had a lot of different ideas we wanted to incorporate into our wedding cake and Zingerman's was able to incorporate all of them. I have to say I was amazed at how clean and not sloppy the final product looked with all of the things I wanted included with our cake! They also... Read More made us a unique and adorable groom's cake. Zingerman's was very low stress to work with and their cake flavors are DELICIOUS :) Our contact was Stephanie and she was fabulous!

Tasted as good as they looked!

Reviewed on 9/10/2011 Shannon M

Purchased 250 cupcakes in 5 flavors and a 6" cake. Best cake designer EVER--obviously loved her job, took pride in her work, and incorporated all my input. Tasted AMAZING and looked so good! My photographer seemed to like them, as he was taking pictures of them all night, haha.... Read More Loved that they came and set up my cupcake tree in my venue the day of my wedding free of charge so I didn't have to worry about a thing! Also received a wedding card and gift personally signed by my cake designer... Does it get any better than that?!

Amazing cake and cupcakes!

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Renee D

I loved working with Zingerman's. They truly captured exactly what I was hoping for. They have many different flavor combinations, so you can customize everything to your tastes. They are very helpful, and they even give you a box of wedding cake slices to take home and try... Read More out. They don't put any pressure on you to order more, or order something you don't want. I highly recommend them and will definitely be ordering more cakes and cupcakes from them in the future.

Delicious and Professional!

Reviewed on 8/20/2011 Laura s

We ordered two small cakes from Zingerman's to compliment many family made desserts at our wedding. Zingerman's, though a big name in Ann Arbor was more than happy to take on our small event and listened and helped design with just as much interest then if we had some... Read More extravagant wedding cake in mind. The price for a basic cake seemed a bit high to us, but we were okay paying it knowing their reputation and they're professionalism. Thanks!