John from Atwood florist truly went above and beyond for our 5-20-17 wedding! I have zero knowledge of flowers and only had a general idea of what colors I wanted to use. John and his team took my ideas and used their experience and expertise ...
to truly come up with arrangements that were more than I could have imagined. He worker with the budget I had and incorporated ideas and colors to really enhance our romantic theme. My bouquet was still alive over a week later!! I highly recommend going with Atwood florist!
Reviewed On 12/06/2013 by Monique S
My wedding flowers and centerpieces were everything i wanted plus some. John does an amazing job!
Reviewed On 11/14/2013 by Othilia T
I absolutely love this Vendor... When I met with Teddy for my consultation, It felt liked I have known her forever.. She was warm and pleasant...I trusted her on day one.. I told her my colors and said make my wedding beautiful...her respond w...
as "do not worry everything will be beautiful".that was exactly what she did.. My flowers were absolutely stunning...
..she kept me informed about every ideas she had and I allowed her to do what she good at.. Words are inadequate to expressed what a wonderful experience I had working with this. Amazing and talented vendor.. Love them...extraordinary florist..
Reviewed On 5/10/2013 by Alison R
Highly recommend this company! My flowers were perfect color requested.
Reviewed On 9/28/2012 by lisa f
John at atwood florist is very helpful and comes up with an amazing product for such a good price. He helped me with every little detail, they came out beautiful, he arrived early and set up all of my centerpieces, he's a great man.
Reviewed On 10/27/2011 by Aubrie M
I'll first start by saying I have never written a bad review about anything but I am compelled to do so to share my experience & hopefully prevent disappointment of another bride. I want to start off with the good... John was great to work wit...
h. He was pleasant & ensured me that I would be getting what I wanted & that it would be beautiful. He was aware of my vision of having simple, elegant & beautiful flowers. I had confidence that I would love my wedding flowers. The price was great, less than other estimates I had received. But I chose Atwood Florist because a friend told me she went to a wedding with beautiful flowers done by Atwood Florist. That is why I was so disheartened when my expectations were not met. I want to add the point that I explained to John that I wanted my arrangements to be really special. So much so that when I was given the final price quote I asked him to charge me more because I wanted them to be beautiful. He did increase the prices on my centerpieces & again ensured me that I would love everything.
Here are the reasons why I was disappointed...
1) I asked for the arrangements to be very full of flowers with few greens. I got the opposite, arrangements with a lot of greens & few flowers. It looked like he had ran out of flowers. The arrangements at the church had types of flowers that I didn’t even order & they were pinkish purple in color which clashed with my fall color theme. They actually left a card in the greeting table arrangement at the reception that said “needs red lilies”. Unacceptable!
2) I asked that there be no ferns in the arrangements & my request was not honored.
3) The coloring was way off on the flowers. John & I looked through books & picked out want I wanted for my fall themed arrangements. The rusty orange dahlias I asked for were actually bright yellow, the burnt orange roses we discussed were peach & the deep red lilies were rusty orange. I understand that this may be in the hands of the supplier but get a new supplier then!
4) The quality of the flowers was inferior. The dahlias were wilted upon delivery & had shriveled edges. When we made it to formal pictures the roses on the boutonnieres were droopy & there were more petals on the lawn then on tuxes. We had to pull roses out of bouquets to pin on the groomsmen for photos.
5) I asked for the stems in the bouquets to be fully wrapped in ribbon but the stems were showing.
6) I asked for the peace flowers at the church to be white roses but they were peach.
7) We used plastic containers for the centerpieces because I asked for them to be covered with flowers & not seen but they were visible to my guests.
8) I asked for all other existing arrangements to be cleared from the church alter because I didn’t want them to clash but this was not done.
I am not trying to be a bridezilla! Flowers were supposed to be an intrical part of the day that I dreamed my whole life about. We went over all the details of what I wanted but John did not deliver. He led me to believe he would. If I am paying for a service & am specific about what I want then I expect to get just that. Looking back I wish I had selected another florist, even if I had to pay more $. As a bride you envision your perfect wedding day, mine was, with the exception of my flowers. I would not recommend Atwood Florist to anyone unless flowers are just flowers to you. Unfortunately for me, planning every detail of our wedding was special. I was really let down.
Reviewed On 7/01/2011 by Johna G
John was Great we use him From everything The cheapest price i found I went to 5 different conceltaions ... The quality of everything... he did everything i wanted and more !!
Reviewed On 3/23/2011 by lori p
Reviewed On 12/09/2010 by Anne H
John at Atwood Florist was indescribably amazing for our wedding. It's quite clear that this man loves what he does and enjoys making people happy, and that shows in all of the work that he put into our wedding. He was so helpful in the plann...
ing process- everything from offering advice when we walked in for the first time (stammering because we barely knew what we wanted), to altering arrangements for us when something was unavailable or our preferences changed. The final product was gorgeous. Everything from the bouquets to the simple-yet-elegant ceremony pieces to the wonderful centerpieces at the reception- we received so many compliments on the flowers the entire day. He even made an extra bridesmaid bouquet in case the hydrangeas in one of them decided to turn because it was a warm day and the ceremony was outside. You'd think for this level of work and attention and quality that he'd be advertising Newport prices. Think again. He is honest with everything A to Z about this planning process, including the price. We just about fell out of our chairs when he told us it would be about a third of the cost of a similar quote from another florist! We're not being bashful about recommending him to anyone and everyone who is looking for a florist just to send a simple arrangement for a birthday or to plan a lavish affair like ours.
Reviewed On 9/05/2008 by Tiffany M
He is wiling to work with you in every way. And will do whatever he needs to to make you happy.