Harmony Hall Events

The possibilities are endless at Harmony Hall, This beautiful venue features indoor & outdoor event locations, a beautiful ballroom and a newly renovated farm house. Our onsite event specialists are available to make your event fantastic! Call today to schedule your site tour.

Ballroom

Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1400 Fulling Mill Rd, Middletown, PA (717) 985-9300

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Jessica A

Harmony Hall was the first place that I looked at for a venue. I immediately fell in love with the farmhouse. We ended up booking it and had our wedding ceremony right on the farmhouse steps. There are many other places to have the ceremony as well which makes Harmony Hall an... Read More even better choice. I was very impressed with the level of professionalism and responsiveness by both Karen and Jill. My wedding day was absolutely perfect and I can't thank them enough for all of their help. I would definitely recommend Harmony Hall to future brides to be.

2016-05-19T15:00:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jessica and Adam for such a lovely review. It was our pleasure to be part of your wedding day. We wish you both endless years of happiness!

Beautiful venue, great value

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Abbey F

I am so grateful to Karen, Jill and the entire staff at Harmony Hall for giving my husband and me the wedding of our dreams! The venue is unlike others in the area in that it provides unique settings inside and outside which can easily be transformed to fit any bride's theme.... Read More Karen and Jill worked closely with me from day one, returned my calls and emails quickly and answered all of my questions. While we chose this venue for many reasons, one of the greatest perks was the package pricing where all of the food/alcohol/décor is included. We were very overwhelmed when looking at other venues that required you to contract separately for catering (everything down to the silverware) plus vendors, décor, etc. Harmony Hall offers all of these services together, along with great recommendations for preferred vendors. The catering/service staff went out of their way to ensure our guests had nothing but the best experience the entire night. Overall, our wedding came together perfectly and went off without a hitch. We received nothing but rave reviews from guests about the food, service staff and venue. I would highly recommend Harmony Hall to any bride!

Wedding March 23, 2013 - Karen's Harmony Hall

Reviewed on 4/17/2013 Virginia N

Karen and Jill are amazing to work with and made our wedding so incredibly easy to plan. Compared against other venues in the area, they actually listened to what we wanted and made it happen. During the preparation process, Jill was our main contact and she is so incredibly... Read More easy to work with. I could call her or Karen and know they would respond immediately. A few days before the wedding I dropped off all the personalized items I wanted in the venue and when I arrived on Saturday, the day of the wedding, everything was up and the place looked gorgeous. The day was perfect. Absolutely nothing went wrong. Everyone raved about the food (I loved the chicken in white wine sauce with rice pilaf, the champagne and the mini eclairs) and Jill along with her incredible staff (I believe one was Allie) executed flawless service from the start of setup to the end of the event. My father said he got chills when his entire table was served at once. My uncle, who owns his own plant/flower business in Los Angeles, mentioned how perfect the centerpieces were for the occasion - the perfect height and simple elegance. (Simple but elegant is also how he described the wedding.) It was incredibly elegant. We had the ceremony and reception (both inside) at Karen's Harmony Hall. Right above where we were married was a window that beautifully showed off the trees in the surrounding woods. (We had a religious ceremony, Lutheran, and the ambience was very serene and peaceful - it was gorgeous and our pastor approved.) The outside of Harmony Hall is gorgeous for pictures and a perfect spot to hang out before the ceremony started. (And during cocktail hour.) The groomsmen enjoyed just being outside on the crisp March day while taking pictures while the ladies were inside in the spacious dressing room. I'm still on cloud nine and can't stop smiling. This was, by far, the best party I will ever attend.

2014-03-19T10:55:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and for giving us great feedback on our business. Best wishes!

Fabulous

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 Leslie M

From the moment I stepped into this venue I knew it was it. Karen and her team are amazing to the nth degree. This venue is everything you could ever hope it would be. It's open and beautiful inside and out. I never felt cramped and always felt taken care of. I never even taste... Read More tested the food but I loved the venue so much it didn't matter which some would say would be risky. When my husband and I ate the food at the reception we were more than pleasantly surprised. The food was ABSOLUTELY delicious, no exaggeration!! I had such a beautiful wedding and it's all thanks to Karen's Harmony Hall!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Lindsay S

Our wedding day was perfect and part of that is because of the amazing team at Harmony Hall! We received impeccable service and Jill & Karen were a joy to work with leading up to our wedding as well as on our wedding day. Everything went perfectly and the venue was exactly... Read More what we wanted for our theme. Jill saw my vision and allowed me to have the most perfect day and paid attention to every single detail. We were able to have our cocktail hour in the beautiful farm house as well my girls and I getting our hair and makeup done in the beautiful upstairs of the farm house the morning of the wedding. My husband & I are so incredibly thankful for their commitment to our day and we can't wait to relive the memories of our beautiful day for many years to come. Thank you for helping to make our wedding day perfect! I can't recommend this venue and their staff enough!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Paula M

Harmony Hall was great. They were there to help planning process. The room was set-up perfect. Jill and Karen were so personable and easy to talk too, and work with. They answered all my questions in a timely manner. The staff was amazing and provided wonderful service. Many of... Read More our guest commented on how great the staff was. We as the bride and groom had personal service which was so nice. The food also tasted great and also got many compliments of how wonderful the food was. They took of care of our special diet request. We had a custom menu which was outstanding!! The whole property is so beautiful, and amazing for lots of pictures. The bridal suite is so perfect to get ready. My hair and make-up crew said that there was a lot of room and space was best place they ever did on-site make-up and hair. The whole day was just perfect, and exactly what I wanted. Thank you for being apart of my special day and making it so perfect and wonderful. You made my dreams come true!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Jessica M

Karen, Jill and the rest of the team at Harmony Hall are a long distance bride's dream! My fiance and I live in Wisconsin and decided to get married back in my home town. We chose Harmony Hall for it's all-inclusive feel. Meaning, everything we needed they were able to either do... Read More themselves or direct us to their preferred vendors that could help us. This made wedding planning from over 800 miles away SO EASY. On the day of my wedding my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and I all used the upstairs bridal suite in the farm house to get ready. We had a team come to us and do all of our hair and makeup. The suite is so spacious and even had a fridge, microwave and champagne bucket for us to use! The fact that nobody had to drive around from place to place made the day go smoothly and stress free. And, once the photographer arrived I had the most beautiful setting for pictures. When we arrived for the reception we were treated so well. The team had set up a special cocktail hour area for the bridal party to use in the farm house and even had all of our requested drinks waiting. During the entire event the wait staff checked in with both my husband and I to ensure we were happy. They even boxed up some extra cake for us since we didn't have time to eat any! I can't recommend Harmony Hall, Karen, Jill and their team enough! They will make your wedding day into whatever you want it to be. The service you receive far exceeds the price that you pay. You won't regret using them!!

Harmony Hall did a wonderful job!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

We chose Harmony Hall as the venue for our daughter's wedding, and we were extremely satisfied with the choice. The food, the decor, the service, and the hospitality were top notch, and the Harmony Hall crew's help with the planning was invaluable. We used some of their... Read More recommended vendors as well, and all of them came through for us in a big way! Our guests loved the setting and commented on how roomy yet intimate the hall is. Jill and Karen were great to work with and were always available to answer any questions. We would definitely choose Harmony Hall again for any similar event. Rich and Joette Swartz

2015-10-20T18:06:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the lovely review. It has been our pleasure working you and your family.

Harmony Hall Review

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

My daughter's wedding was held @ Harmony Hall this summer. The venue was beautiful, the service was exceptional, the food very good, and everything a good value. Relatives are still talking about how nice it was. Jill was so organized and anticipated EVERYTHING that we needed.... Read More We checked out a lot of different venues and were extremely pleased w/ Harmony Hall.

Awesome Reception

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

The planning of the reception was professionally handled with a timeline that was approprite and timely. Karen and Jill listened to our requests and the final result was perfect! Having access to the Hall all day was comforting. The bridal party utilized the farm house for... Read More pre wedding preparation. There is plenty of space and a relaxing atmosphere. The reception was flawless! The staff took care of everything and frequently checked with me to be sure that there were no needs overlooked. I enjoyed every moment of interaction with the Harmony Hall staff!

Reviewed on 5/02/2015

Searching for a venue has been the most difficult part of process, and I have appreciated all the vendors who have been pleasant and more than helpful on giving us any and all information through email. Based on customer service alone, I am disappointed in this venue. Their... Read More email was automatic and referred me to the website more than once when I had questions. I've also read other not-so-great reviews on different websites. My suggestion would be to acquire more interpersonal skills so you don't miss opportunities with future clients like us.

2015-05-03T18:57:15 Response from the vendor

I do not make it a practice to reply to public post unless they are incorrect. One of the things we hear most often is that we are prompt with our responses and give couples more information than most venues/caterers. We do not use automated... Read Less Read More

Great venue great service!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Laurie M

We loved working with Karen's, especially with Jill. The service, food, venue and decor were fantastic! They really made the event tailored to us and we felt very special.

Not a great experience

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 MaryKate B

I will start of by saying that this is a beautiful venue and they made sure our wedding reception went smoothly. However, we did not have a good experience with this vendor. When my husband and I initially met with Harmony Hall to look at this venue, we met with a really nice... Read More lady who seemed great to work with. We felt comfortable after that initial meeting with Harmony Hall and wanted to book the venue. However, we met the owner, Karen Taylor, at our second meeting (after we had already booked with them) and regretted deciding to go with Harmony Hall for our wedding reception. We felt that Karen was very unkind and inappropriate. She made negative comments about past clients and tried very hard to convince us to go with their 'in-house' florist and 'in-house' DJ who conveniently were her daughter and son (her son worked with this particular DJ). We were planning our wedding from out of town (due to our careers but we are from the area) and if we wanted to try food from the menu; we had to make a seperate trip back to the venue during one of their open houses. Their bar options are very expensive and their top option did not even include a good variety of quality alcohol. I know this is a business and they have to make money, however we felt like they were trying to 'nickel & dime' us the whole time. I also received complaints from some of our other vendors and my husband that they were not easy to get in touch with when you wanted to talk with an actual person. Fast forward to the wedding and I received complaints from guests and some of our other vendors that the staff was very unfriendly. This is a beautiful venue and our wedding reception did turn out really nice, however it wasn't worth the unfriendliness we experienced especially with the price we paid to have our reception there. I know if we had met with the owner the very first time we looked at Harmony Hall, we would not have booked with them.

JP

Reviewed on 3/13/2014 Jessica B

The Civic Club of Harrisburg is an excellent location to have a wedding and/or a reception. We had our reception here and all of our guests complimented on the building, historic charm and view. The fee to have our reception here was comparable to most of the other reception... Read More sites in the area. There venue offers two floors with the building rental. Our cocktail hour was one the first floor of the building, which had ample space for our wedding (60 guests). The ballroom is located on the second floor. Guests are allowed to move freely throughout the building for a majority of the reception. The only issue we ran into is the parking. Once you figure out the parking or transportation, the rest is smooth sailing.

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 2/06/2014 Susie S

We recently had our wedding reception at the Civic Club and were very satisfied. The historic building offered the originality and character that local hotels didn't offer. The venue is beautiful itself and even more scenic with the lights along the bridges, onsite gardens and... Read More riverfront setting, which can easily be enjoyed through the large windows surrounding the banquet hall. Jill, Karen and the rest of the staff were amazing. They catered to my vegetarian needs, which was very important on my wedding day. All of the small personal details that we wanted turned out exactly as planned. Jill was on top of everything and seemed to be local whenever we needed something, but never intrusive. Jill, Karen and the staff consistently responded promptly to any questions we had, which was extremely useful since we did not have a wedding planner and both worked full time. I found everyone to be very pleasant to work with and extremely professional and efficient. Our only drawback was having to pack up all that we brought immediately after the wedding when you've had a long day and want to continue celebrating with your guests. It would be much easier if this could have been done Sunday morning. However, Jill and the staff were great at packing the items back into the boxes from which they came and were labeled.

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Anna E

My reception was held at Harmony Hall - we were married 11/5/11. It was beautiful. Karen & Jill are both so easy to work with. They make the whole planning process so easy! The day went smoothly and all our guests had a blast. Everyone raved about how delicious the food was. To... Read More this day, our friends still talk about how fun our wedding was. Harmony Hall is a beautiful venue and the staff go above and beyond to make your special day perfect.

Brinley Hall

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Brinley B

I had a great experience working with Jill and Karen. The day of my wedding was stress free, Jill took care of everything. The Civic Club is such a beautiful venue, it speaks for itself and hardly needs any decorations. I would recommend them 100%!

A wonderful day, great staff

Reviewed on 7/23/2013

I had my wedding here last year and it was fantastic. My wife and I visions came true, and had an excellent staff to coordinate everything. One thing that I cannot be thankful enough for, was the fact that we got rained out, and we just simply moved the wedding inside where... Read More the reception was going to take place. It became a very intimate affair, and for the price (which included the venue, food, booze (classy I know), cake and flowers all under one roof, priceless. Enjoyed every second of our special day!

my wedding venue Beautiful, and that was it.

Reviewed on 6/08/2013 I'nnette

The venue was absolutely beautiful, inside and out. It made for great photos. They were really helpful in the wedding planning process, to were I felt I didn't need a planner, however they weren't helpful on the day of the rehearsal like they said they would be, and I ended up... Read More having to yell at everyone to fall in place. The food looked great even though I didn't get to have any because of running around all wedding day. I looked forward to eating my cake and had a special piece just for me and they cleared the table and threw away my uneaten piece of cake! I felt the prices for the food were ok when it came to the appetizers, however it got pretty pricey. So if you pick the place keep in mind how many people and your budget. We had to keep cutting down wants we found out the extra cost on everything!

My Wedding Day

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Angela M

My husband and I were married in January at Harmony Hall. I went to Harmony Hall during an open house event. I fell in love with the hardwood floors, and white walls. It was so much more elegant than the standard hotel ballroom with their ugly carpets and ugly room... Read More dividers. I scheduled a private appointment & I walked in to my initial meeting with plenty of ideas and I knew exactly what I wanted. I wanted a brunch reception. I wanted a cocktail hour BEFORE I got married. Not only were Karen and her staff accomodating, they added beautiful touches I could never have imagined. The wedding went off without incident and I am beyond thrilled with the beautiful pictures from the beautiful setting, the delicious food, and the wonderful staff. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding!!

Historic Venue - Beautiful and full of character!

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Lauren G

I was THRILLED when I found the Civic Club of Harrisburg! I fell in love with the original charm of this venue - it just feels so romantic. Our evening wedding was set to the sunset river view, which is enjoyed both from the three story ballroom windows and the garden... Read More terrace. The guests felt it was a unique, exciting setting that felt so different from the ho-hum wedding hall experience. Karen's Catering was very helpful (particularly Jill Patry) in answering endless questions and allowing a very "involved" bride like myself to fully express my own "vision" while giving me practical pointers and advice from their expert event-giving experience. We were SO lucky to stumble upon this place - I hope more brides will come to know about it! If you do have your wedding here, it's good to know it's only steps away from a charming b&b just down the street - definitely check that out as the perfect compliment to the Civic Club experience! So glad WE did!

Very professional and wonderful people

Reviewed on 4/30/2013 Gregory S

Karen's was great and the price was very reasonable. Jill was SO helpful!!! Loved this vendor!

Amazing venue and delicious food!

Reviewed on 10/27/2012 Lauren F

Harmony Hall was the PERFECT venue for our wedding. From our first visit we knew we had to have our wedding there! The setting is beautiful and intimate, exactly what we were looking for. Karen and Jill are so experienced at planning events that they make sure every detail is... Read More accounted for! The staff was very attentive to all of our needs, making the service feel so personal. I felt like our wedding was the only one they were planning! All of our guests RAVED about the food! The night could not have gone more perfectly, when it was over we immediately said we wanted to do it again! We owe the success of our big day to the staff at Harmony Hall!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Heather G

My dad uses Karen's Harmony Hall for his Christmas parties, so I was able to get a feel of what the place is like over the years and it's always been INCREDIBLE, however, never experienced a wedding there. My fiance and I decided to give it a whirl and we could not be anymore... Read More HAPPIER!!! Karen and Jill are the most AMAZING and SWEETEST women you will ever meet! We had no idea where to start or anything and if it wasn't for them our wedding wouldn't have been as PERFECT as it was! They will take a huge weight off your shoulders. The scenery, the staff, the food, planning, and everything else was absolutely IMPECCABLE!!!! We wish we could do our wedding all over again because it was one of the GREATEST days of our entire life and it wouldn't have been possible without Karen, Jill, and the staff!!! Hands down, Karen's Harmony Hall is the BESSSSSST wedding venue out there!

So easy to work with!

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 Danielle T

My husband and I loved working with Jill & Karen at Harmony Hall. They were very attentive, asked great questions to get us thinking about wedding things we hadn't thought of before, and they set up literally everything for us - even our personalized decor items. We planned to... Read More do our ceremony outdoors but it rained so we did it inside, but everything went off without an issue thanks to Jill! She was amazing and I highly recommend working with her!