Cici Events (formerly Deckci Decor)

St. Paul, MN

Lighting, Decorations + Accents, Chiavari Chairs, Folding Chairs, Chairs, Dinnerware, Draping, Linens, Lounge Furniture, On-Site Delivery + Setup, Cocktail Tables, Dining Tables, Tables, Tear Down, Rentals + Equipment

973 Smith Ave S, St. Paul, MN (651) 457-4009

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Gigi R

I am only giving the second star right now because the venue was beautiful, even though they hung the draping to low so we could not use the projector to show the video that our daughter spent the last two months making for us. From the beginning it was an explosion of stress... Read More dealing with them, between surprise costs, terrible communication, dirty office, and the girl we worked with seemed to have no idea about what she was doing. We were upset about the first interaction, we arrived to a meeting and the office was dirty, all of the decorations she brought out were filthy. To the point where we felt the need to ask if the rentals would be washed and pressed. I asked three times if the amount quoted was the total on the phone when making the appointment and when we were there, she added on a mileage charge. Then I asked for her manager to call me, and to this day I have not heard anything from her. On the day before the wedding when we found out the draping was covering the projector, I called to let them know. They of course put all of the blame on the venue for saying we did not need the projector. Even if they did, a professional would not cover up the projector just in case there was a change in plans. So much unneeded stress. After remembering all of this I have to take away the second star. If we were not in such rush, as we started planning late we would not have gone with them. But as we had no choice we worked with them and it turned out alright. Just beware of delayed communication and things not getting done right the first time.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Carley W

Beautiful job with cafe lights. They were great at keeping up with communication and very reasonably priced. I would absolutely recommend.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Sarah S

Cici events was very easy to work with and very reasonable cost-wise. On the day that I was supposed to pick up my chair covers, I actually missed the pick-up window I had chosen due to family arriving into town and they were great when I called to apologize and told them I... Read More would be arriving later than expected. The rental chair covers come in tubs that are VERY large - so much so, that I could only fit one into my car. I had to empty the other chair covers out into my trunk in order to transport them home (I have a midsize sedan). Also, I had asked about the chair covers fitting regular sized banquet chairs - and they to tend to fall quite a bit shorter than the floor - which overall, didn't make a big difference in our room with the lighting - but slightly disappointed that I was told they would fit when they did not go to the floor. Also, be aware that the ivory color is VERY light - so they did not match my ivory table cloths at my venue. Perhaps I was given white ones, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt that the ivory color is just a very light ivory. Overall - easy to work with and very budget friendly - but make sure to ask questions and perhaps go see the linens before booking.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Alison B

CiCi Events was really buttoned up and organized throughout my planning process. The customer service before the wedding was wonderful, however I have to rank them low because they did not deliver the service to the standard that I was expecting when it came to my wedding day.... Read More The decor did not start until 1 hour before the cocktail hour began, and they were STILL decorating as guests arrived. This is not at all what I was expecting from them, and I'm very disappointed in the level of service and attention that I received for the decorations that I paid a healthy amount for. I would hope and expect that they would have planned their time and resources better (they are the experts) so that they are finished with each job well before guests arrived. It reflected poorly on my venue staff and myself making us look unprepared and unorganized. I also tried calling the emergency phone number (because it was 2 hours till my reception started and NONE of my decorations had arrived), and nobody answered or called me back. I would not recommend working with them.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Bailey

Our drapery with lights was gorgeous! So easy to work with and everything was on time and just as planned.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Amanda Q

I would have loved to have given Cici four stars, however when I arrived to pick up my rentals, they had accidentally sent out half of the chair bands I needed. I was told the remaining bands would be delivered that evening to my home and then received a phone call saying the... Read More desired color wasn't going to be available. I had to choose a different color and go with the flow and the new color was delivered but because of that I couldn't give five stars.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016

I was actually pretty disappointed with this service. My contact person with the company missed or did not understand several critical (and I believe clear) elements of my emails and missed other entire emails. I was not promptly notified when my deposit was received. In... Read More addition, when I arrived to pick up my linens and chair covers, I had to look around for someone to help me, even though I was told there would be someone waiting for me. The two ladies who gave me my two big tubs of rentals said almost nothing to me and did not offer to help me load the large tubs into my car--they just stared at me. Several of the linens and chair covers themselves were somewhat stained. The main positive element of my experience was the low cost of rental. However, I don't know that I would reccomend CiCi Events just because of this.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Shannon A

CiCi Events did ceiling drapping with lights and dressed up our head table and they looked beautiful!!! I would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Ben W

We used Cici Events for our draping, backdrop, and chair sashes. Their decorating was so beautiful!! We got to our venue at 9am and they already had everything set up and were gone! I was so impressed!! They were also great at communicating with us, which was a huge bonus for... Read More me!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Kayla L

I was so happy when I found Cici Events at a local wedding fair. Their prices were half the price of every other company I had contacted. They did our draping, chair covers and specialty linens and everything looked just perfect. Kristen was so responsive and always willing to... Read More help. We had so many compliments from our guests and couldn't have been happier.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Katie A

They were excellent with planning and helping us find ways to stay on budget. On the day of the wedding, they were a little late, but it ended up working out just fine. Everything was set up exactly as needed and ended up absolutely beautiful. Guests raved about how gorgeous... Read More everything was. Definitely would use CiCi Events again!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Jacklyn K

Cici handled so much for us. From rentals to centerpieces to personal flowers. They were great to work with and made our reception look terrific. All while not killing your budget.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jenny D

Cici Events made our wedding venue so much more beautiful! It was so great to find a decorating company who had super cute and trendy pieces at affordable prices. They were extremely responsive and easy to work with. I kept changing and adding pieces up until a few weeks... Read More before the wedding with no problem. They delivered, set up, and tore down/picked up all of the items (with the exception of the candles which the catering company lit and took care of at dinner). I HIGHLY recommend them!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016

Great experience with decki deckor! They made the process so easy and the hall looked gorgeous!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Pang Y

We had a last minute change in our venue and needed last minute decoration such as drapes, chair covers, and chair sashes. They were really helpful with us on our last minute request and etc... Their decorations were beautiful.

A Gorgeous Transformation

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 emma d

I couldn't be more pleased with how Deckci was able to completely transform our space from a ballroom to a gorgeous space for us to start the next chapter in our life. I work in event planning and spend far too much time in ballrooms for work - so I certainly didn't want to feel... Read More like I was getting married in one. The ceiling draping and lighting plus the gorgeous arch made for the most picturesque place to have our wedding. Deckci was a pleasure to work with and I would recommend them time and time again.

Couldn't have pulled it of without them!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Michelle S

We hired Deckci to set up and take down all of our decor and lighting. Our sales person, Kristin, was FANTASTIC. All our items were set up correctly and beautifully despite some slight afternoon rain. Since our venue had very strict time constraints, the crew at Deckci worked... Read More their tails off to get everything we had out of the venue by our midnight deadline so we wouldn't lose our damage deposit. Our event looked spectacular and we can't thank them enough for the beautiful job they did.

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Ann K

I worked with Kristen from Deckci Décor and she was great! She always responded to my emails within 24 hours. She answered all of my questions and discussed all options with me. Deckci did an amazing job d=with ceiling draping and head table draping at my wedding. It made... Read More the venue more elegant and beautiful. Ceiling drapes were one of the things I debated cutting to save money and I am so glad I didn't! Deckci's prices were almost half of the other companies I looked at and they did a wonderful job! I would recommend them to anyone who asks! Thank you Deckci Décor!

Great draping!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

We went with ceiling draping in a large ballroom and it really made the room look softer! Deckci did a great job with everything. My only complaint is that I had to track them down to pay them and talk to them about changing things. I didn't want to email but that tended to be... Read More the only way they responded.

2015-08-27T09:29:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are thrilled to hear you loved your draping and we are so happy you chose us to be a part of your special day! We are sincerely sorry we weren't as responsive via telephone. In the... Read Less Read More

Every Detail was Beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Sarah B

I worked with Kristen for several elements of my June 2015 wedding. Kristen was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was always responsive. She helped me stay within my budget, offering options with different price points. She also made some of my very specific visions come to... Read More life. Deckci Decor provided the ceiling draping, chair covers, centerpieces, our ceremony backdrop, table draping for the head and dessert tables, all of our flowers (bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, other floral elements) and a few other decor elements. We were SO PLEASED with how each and every detail came to life. I certainly recommend Kristen and Deckci enthusiastically.

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Megan W

Deckci décor is a great option if you are looking for a company to customize your day. They have several options for chair covers, sashes, window draping, and other decorations for a very reasonable price. Planning our wedding went very smoothly and Kristin, the owner was very... Read More easy to work with. She was very responsive to questions, and made sure that every detail was in place before the day of the wedding. We booked several items including chair covers, sashes, table runners, head table draping, window draping, and some ceiling lighting. Items were very high quality and looked great. The day of the wedding was a mess. Deckci is a small company, and we were told by staff they were decorating 15 other weddings that day. We provided a detailed timeline for our wedding day which stated our ceremony was starting at 400pm with cocktail hour and reception to immediately follow (our ceremony and reception were at the same venue). Staff didn’t arrive to start decorating until after 300pm. At the conclusion of our ceremony they were still setting up decorations. They also parked their truck right behind our receiving line for the ceremony and we had to ask them to move. The staff, including the owner didn’t seem to have a sense of urgency in finishing, and were very rude to family members and other vendors who were also setting up. Our caterer even called us after our event to let us know how rude Deckci staff was, and that they would never recommend them to anyone. Also, we had to be out of our venue by 100am and staff did not arrive to take down decorations until 1230am. Luckily we didn’t get charged a late fee or lose our security deposit with the venue. While I would definitely recommend Deckci because of the quality and price of their items, I would not recommend them based on the service we received on the day of our wedding. They overbooked their services and the quality really suffered. The rudeness of the staff to family and other vendors was completely unacceptable. I hope going forward Deckci either books fewer events per day, or hires more staff to accommodate events so they don’t show up as late as they did to our event.

2015-06-28T17:47:33 Response from the vendor

We were surprised and disappointed to read this review. We strive to provide affordable, high quality decor. Because of this, we are the preferred and exclusive vendor of many caterers, hotels, venues, and wedding planners. We are used to juggling multiple event days and it... Read Less Read More

Awesome.

Reviewed on 3/11/2015 Katie A

The ladies at Deckci went above and beyond. I just loved their color selection and how helpful they were. They were so patient when I was trying to decide what I wanted to do - if I could budget in chair covers and sashes. I worked primarily with Kristen who really went above... Read More and beyond in answering my questions and making sure I felt comfortable with my choices. My venue confirmed their stellar reputation. When we arrived, everything was gorgeous. We're so lucky to have chosen Deckci!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Stacy B

Everything went smooth, they did exactly what they said they would which was a huge relief since other venders did not! Chair covers looked amazing

Deckci Decor

Reviewed on 11/10/2014

Dear Kristen & Amber at Deckci Décor, Fabulous, Fabulous, Fabulous...You guys did such a wonderful job. We had rave reviews. Everything was so beautiful! I don't know who came up with how to drape the center and then work it into the back drop for the head table but that was... Read More stunning. And so many, I mean like 20 people asked who decorated. They loved it and the crystal draping...tons of people asked about those too. I really loved it, Amber did a fantastic job. What a creative eye...everything could not have been more beautiful, it was perfect! Thank you Kristen and Amber, it was just unbelievably beautiful! I would work with you again and again (but I've run out of daughters) and recommend you to anyone and everyone! Plus your prices were very reasonable, less than a new vendor our Venue had found that they suggested we use. And the other vendors vision was not as creative. You had done an excellent job on our other daughters wedding last year and this one was awesome too! You listened to us and did everything we asked and then some! Thank you! Becky T Mother of the Bride

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Jennifer B

We had been working with another vendor for our decor, but after several bad experiences, switched to Deckci. Deckci Décor provided all of the décor for our wedding - draping (ceiling and perimeter with uplighting), linens (tablecloths, napkins, chair covers and sashes). They... Read More also did all of our flowers. I don't have enough good things to say about working with Deckci Décor - especially Kristen. She was flexible, knowledgeable, and always responded right away to my emails with questions. On the actual day, our reception looked like a fairy tale. The room was gorgeous, and all of our guests were wowed as soon as they walked in. The flowers were perfect too--we had gone back and forth, brainstorming ideas, and I even changed my mind semi-last minute about what kind of flowers I wanted. It didn't matter - Deckci made it work with no problem, and the bouquets were exactly what I had dreamed of. We also decided to do a candy buffet at our reception, and worked with Kristen to rent glass candy containers at a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend Deckci Décor--their pricing is far below other vendors that we got quotes from, but the quality is just as high, if not higher. I can't thank them enough for making our day one that we will remember forever!