Premium "Heart Story" Wedding Experiences

I create and officiate weddings of distinction that make memories to last a lifetime! I believe your wedding day should be fun, a celebration of your love, and full of amazing moments. My premium wedding experiences are unforgettable, for all the right reasons! I have Officiated almost 100 weddings. Don't choose a first-time Officiant, benefit from the wisdom that comes with experience! I'll work with you to create a beautiful ceremony that reflects you, your love relationship, and your values, whether you want a traditional religious service or something more spiritual than religious, Ask me about my premium "Heart Story" package. Contact me today to schedule a no-obligations conversation about your wedding!

Religious Affiliations

Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

25 East Washington, Suite 1608, Chicago, IL Chicago, IL, to Milwaukee, WI (773) 318-8963
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Ellen B

Rev Bill was so wonderful to work with. From our first meeting over skype, we knew he would be the one to officiate our wedding. He was kind, thoughtful and very responsive to any questions and inquiries we had. We worked together to customize our ceremony to exactly what we... Read More wanted! I would recommend him to anyone! We had so many people compliment how great our ceremony was and how special it made everyone feel. Thanks to Rev Bill, it was more special than we could have imagined!

2017-03-22T15:56:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! I hope you'll stay in touch. I'll be reaching out on down the road with my couples' coaching programs. Take good care!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Allison M

My husband and I are so glad we found Rev. Bill! We absolutely loved the personal ceremony he created for us - he seemed to know exactly what we wanted and even sent out documents with tons of options for vows and readings. He worked with us to create a unity ceremony with... Read More wine (instead of a candle, since our ceremony was outside...). We are so grateful that planning our ceremony was simple and stress-free thanks in large part to him! We definitely recommend!

2017-11-21T17:17:51 Response from the vendor

It was a delight to work with you on the ceremony and then the celebration of your wedding was the icing on the cake! All the best to you as you travel on the path of married life!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 kelly b

We are so happy we chose to work with Rev. Bill Epperly for our wedding. He is kind, professional and makes the ceremony planning process enjoyable and easy. My husband and I come from different religious backgrounds and Rev. Bill put together a ceremony for us that perfectly... Read More combined both our perspectives. We are so lucky we found Rev. Bill and would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding officia

2017-08-23T16:41:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was great getting to know the two of you. I wish you all the best as you continue down the path of married life!

Reviewed on 4/12/2018 Nell O

Rev. Bill was extremely responsive to any requests or ideas that we had during the wedding process. He also helped walk us through what the wedding day will look like, and even the days before. He was so nice, he emailed us a few days before the wedding to check on our stress... Read More level, which made us feel so important! Afterwards he also made us a keepsake of the vows we said which was beautiful and great to look back on.

2018-04-12T08:53:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Nell, for your kind words. Please stay in touch! Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 4/09/2018 Carrie (

My husband and I reached out to Rev. Bill Epperly once I found him on-line to officiate our wedding. After a few emails, we decided (Rev. Epperly) suggested a phone conversation to get a feel for what we were looking for. During this phone conversation, Rev. Epperly was very... Read More kind and professional unlike some of the other officiates I reached out to. Once deciding to use Rev. Epperly he sent me emails regarding several different ceremony types and options. Rev. Epperly is from Chicago, my husband and I live in Montgomery. Rev. Epperly was more than accommodating to meet with us prior to our rehearsal/wedding (in Schaumburg) to meet with us and go over exactly how we envisioned our ceremony. Rev. Epperly came to our venue (in Lemont) to perform our rehearsal on Friday and on Saturday to perform our ceremony. The readings which Rev. Epperly provided to choose from where very beautiful. It was difficult to choose which readings to use. During our rehearsal Rev. Epperly talked with us, our parents, and our wedding party. Thanks to Rev. Epperly, we had a wonderful and beautiful ceremony. Our guest had mentioned how well they thought the ceremony went as well. Rev. Epperly stayed around for a while after our ceremony so my husband and I could take a few pictures with him. Rev. Epperly mailed in our marriage license that Monday after our wedding. I am so thankful that I was able to find Rev. Epperly and that he agreed to perform our ceremony for us. If I hear of anyone looking for an officiant to perform their ceremony, I would definitely recommend Rev. Epperly.

2018-04-10T07:09:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, Carrie. It was a pleasure getting to know you and to officiate your wedding! All the best, Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 3/26/2018 Jessica S

Rev. Bill made our wedding so special! He was flexible and accommodating during the planning process as we were planning our ceremony with the groom long distance. We knew we wanted a simple outdoor ceremony, but something tailored to us. He helped us craft a unique and... Read More memorable experience. He was always on time and professional; yet made us feel relaxed and at ease. Kept in great contact with us - very easy to reach by phone/email. I knew we were in good hands and our ceremony went beautifully. We would recommend Rev. Bill for anyone planning their wedding ceremony. A+!

2018-03-26T14:48:32 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Jessica! I remember your day well and hope you'll stay in touch as your life adventures continue! Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 3/25/2018 Ashley H

Rev. Bill was amazing! Throughout the planning stage, he was super responsive and incredibly helpful. He completely put us at ease the days leading up to the wedding. Our wedding ceremony was just perfect, I wouldn't have changed a thing. My husband and I would highly recommend... Read More Rev. Bill to anyone getting married in this area!!

2018-03-25T20:27:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Ashley! I really enjoyed our "working" meetings as well as your beautiful wedding celebration! All the best! Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 3/25/2018 Erica P

can't say enough great things about Rev. Bill! He was a perfect fit for what my now husband and I were looking for. Rev. Bill allowed us to personalize our ceremony and truly make it our own. This made the entire process so much more meaningful as I was able to plan the... Read More readings, special ceremonies etc. He was extremely helpful in guiding us. For those who want a more structured event, he is happy to plan it for you. For me personally, I loved the freedom I had. I also really appreciated that he came to our neighborhood to meet with us. He is kind, warm and has a good sense of humor. You will not regret having Rev. Bill as part of your big day.

2018-03-25T19:25:43 Response from the vendor

Erica, Thanks for your kind words! I have so many wonderful memories of your wedding, with the occasional raindrops, and the wonderful reception that followed. Warm wishes to you and L for a great life together!

Reviewed on 3/25/2018

Rev. Bill officiated our wedding with grace, joy, and professionalism. What more could we ask?

2018-03-25T13:43:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Jeanne! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and Michael and Officiating for you at Buzz Cafe! Warm Regards, Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 3/18/2018 Alexis r

My husband and I eloped in Chicago and were planning our ceremony from out of town. Reverend Bill spoke with us via skype and over the phone. We spoke with several officiants and knew Reverend Bill was special right away. He got to know us, our background, our foundations and... Read More beliefs and all the while made us feel comfortable and supported. He helped us prepare for obtaining a license out of state and with his help (and extremely useful resource packet) we put together the most perfect and fitting ceremony that reflected our relationship. His calming and genuine presence were consistent from the first time we spoke on the phone until the last reading of our ceremony. It was truly an honor to have Rev. Bill officiate our wedding. We did our research on officiants in the Chicago area and we highly recommend Reverend Bill.

2018-03-19T09:36:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, Alexis! I have many fond memories of your elopement, from the -5F weather to the beautiful candles and flowers to your and Ryan's devotion to each other. Wishing you an awesome marriage! - Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Sarah K

Rev Bill was a joy to work with and very professional. Since my husband and I could not meet with him in person before the wedding, we set up a couple Skype chats so that we could get to know Bill and explain our beliefs to him. He was understanding of our religious views and... Read More was able to help create a wedding ceremony that fit us. Furthermore, he was always quick to respond to emails and eager to answer our questions. On the day of our wedding, he put us at ease and spoke like a true presenter. I would recommend Rev Bill if you're looking for a wedding officiant that is willing to be non-traditional.

2018-03-16T07:18:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Sarah! I loved your venue and I loved getting to know you and Ben as well. All the best as your new life unfolds! - Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Katie B

I would highly recommend using Rev. Bill. He was fantastic to work with. He helped us create a ceremony that felt truly personal and reflected our religious and spiritual beliefs. He was very knowledgeable and made the process easy. He helped make everything run smoothly and we... Read More are so happy with our choice!

2018-03-16T07:16:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Katie! It was a joy to work with you and Ben! - Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Gary B

Rev Bill is the best, simply put. He is extremely down to earth and truly has the couple's best interest in mind. He is not afraid to go out of his way to ensure your special day is perfect! I would HIGHLY suggest Rev Bill for any weddings!

2018-03-15T19:07:41 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Gary! I so enjoyed meeting you two and officiating at the beautiful Garfield Park Conservatory! It was my honor! Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Jody M

I wholeheartedly recommend Reverand Bill to officiate at your event. We were blessed to have him and his wife with us for our wedding. We found him to be respectful of our vision, an excellent listener and he shared his thoughts and expertise freely to enhance our ceremony. He... Read More was super accommodating, open and thoughtful through the process and made us feel comfortable with every step we took. Reverend Bill is a loving and caring person, he was part of our family for an evening and we were so privileged to have him officiate our wedding.

2018-03-15T16:35:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Jody, it was truly a highpoint of my wedding year to see you two married - and then to dance with my wife at the reception. I hope your married life is even better than you wedding and that the fish are always... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 kelley m

I live in MI and googled a pastor in Chicago. This was a risky venture and I really hit the jackpot! This man is is kind, considerate, honest and simply a wonderful person. His wife, who did a reading at the wedding is a wonderful human being as well. Rev. Bill listened to us... Read More and assisted us with getting our vows just right, We are a same sex couple and he genuinely cared about this union. I HIGHLY recommend this pastor for any nuptials! You will be very satisfied and pleased! Promise!!

2018-03-15T10:17:05 Response from the vendor

Kelley, working with you and Pam was such a highlight of my year! You have a great story. It was an honor to officiate at your wedding! All the best as you travel on in marriage!

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Shana S

Reverend Bill was wonderful!! We would certainly recommend him to friends and family!

2018-03-15T10:04:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Shana! I loved your venue location and had such a great discussion with your Dad at the reception. It was a great day all around. All the best to you!

Reviewed on 3/14/2018

Reverend Bill was an excellent officiant - we would highly recommend him to anyone conducting a wedding ceremony in the Chicago area. Our ceremony was a bit unique as it was secular and also included a Chinese tea ceremony. Rev. Bill was very flexible and accommodated both of... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw these unique aspects perfectly. He kept us organized throughout and made our planning of this unique ceremony much easier. Overall, Rev. Bill is highly professional and a great advisor to have as part of the wedding.

2018-03-15T10:01:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Eileen! It was so much fun working with you and Cole and learning the Chinese tea ceremony! All the best to you! Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Jessica K

Rev Bill was a pleasure to work with. Throughout the planning process he was very responsive and answered all emails quickly. He was punctual the day of the wedding as well as the rehearsal. After the wedding he followed up right away and sent our marriage license directly... Read More following the wedding. I highly recommend Rev Bill!

2018-03-15T10:06:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Jessica! Warm wishes to you as you travel onward!

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 David and Steve C

You delivered the perfect service for our wedding. Your kindness, thoughtfulness and sense of humor ensured the day to be beyond our expectations. It was our great pleasure working with you for such a very special and memorable occasion.

2018-03-15T10:08:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You guys were a blast to work with - I don't know when I've had so many laughs during a ceremony. Blessings to you both and I still hope to visit in Key West some day!

Reviewed on 3/02/2018

What can we say. Rev. Epperly made our day memorable. Last minute issues had us looking for someone to officiate our small ceremony. Rev. Epperly responded quickly and we were ale to get a time scheduled for the ceremony to take place the morning of the day were were flying back... Read More home. He is a very personable person and easy to talk to. We truly did enjoy the little ceremony in the snow, in Lincoln Park, in 17 degree weather. This is a day we will always remember. Looking forward to returning to Chicago for our 1 year anniversary.

2018-03-03T15:22:16 Response from the vendor

Helen, I think of you too every time I drive by Lincoln Park. The snow is gone but the memories linger. All the best to you and Greg!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Julie C

Reverend Bill did a fantastic job in making our wedding day go as smooth as possible. He was very helpful in going over each detail for the ceremony, and it made me feel more confident. He did a great job at speaking slowly and clearly. Anytime I had a question or concern he was... Read More able to guide me in the right direction. He also gave me great advice on how be more relaxed on the wedding day.

2017-11-14T14:25:31 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure to get to know you and then to Officiate at your wedding! All the best as you travel along life's path! I'll be in touch. Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Paul N

Reverend Bill was great to work with. We didn't have a clear vision of what we wanted; we only had some constraints and concerns with some of the traditional ceremonies we had expereiced. He listened to us, asking insightful questions and produced a ceremony that leaned on his... Read More expertise and what he learned about us. The day before and the day of, Bill was extremely conscientious and empathetic. He kept people loose but on task. Additionally, he made sure we had to worry logistics as little as possible. The ceremony was personal with humor sprinkled throughout, matching our personalities. He was great to work with and we'd recommend him to anyone.

2017-03-07T08:21:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you! You are taking me right back to that evening at Spiaggia - a very magical evening. I was honored to be a part of your wedding day! - Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Jessica K

Rev Bill made our Wedding day so special! He worked with us to create exactly what we wanted and made it so easy. I definitely recommend him for your wedding day!

2017-02-08T16:03:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was a pleasure conducting your service, not to mention getting to know you during the planning phases. All the best! - Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Kelly O

Rev. Bill did a wonderful job of working with us to create a non-religious ceremony that still had the sentiment and meaning we wanted. He was professional without losing the sincerity that makes a wedding ceremony special. We would highly recommend him for any type of ceremony,... Read More religious or non-religious.

2017-02-08T16:04:01 Response from the vendor

You know, I so enjoyed getting to know you both and working with you on all the details of your ceremony. Warm Regards, Rev. Bill

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Joanna E

My now-husband and I have different religious beliefs and so we were looking for an officiant who felt comfortable performing a wedding ceremony that is respectful of both backgrounds. I found Rev. Bill Epperly via a wedding resource website and what made me reach out to him... Read More were the stellar reviews he received. Not only does he perform ceremonies for couples of different faiths, but he also creates ceremonies that incorporate pieces unique and genuine to the couple. Our experience was no different. Rev Bill was very responsive to our notes and allowed us to our own variation of the flower ceremony where we thank our parents. He also beautifully explained to our guests the significace of our marriage sponsors (a traditional component of Filipino weddings). Rev Bill's professionalism combined with his friendly and warm demeanor helped make our wedding ceremony heartfelt and one to remember. Thank you for joining our special day!

2017-02-08T16:04:37 Response from the vendor

It was fun getting to know you and planning your ceremony together. I hope you'll stay in touch! - Rev. Bill

Rev. Bill Epperly, PhD

I 'm a life-long spiritual adventurer. I bring my knowledge of spirituality and religion and my years as a coach to my wedding work. I began working as an officiant at the suggestion of Rev. Christine Weidner - a member of my extended family and Milwaukee's #1 officiant. She helped me get started, then my business took off! I love helping couples create a beautiful service that reflects their unique relationship and their spiritual orientation. Having officiated at almost 100 weddings, I'm finding that I enjoy officiating more every year! My couples inspire me! I hope I can inspire them too.