Book Your Wedding with 128 South

A BALLROOM IN WILMINGTON, NC

128 South in downtown Wilmington, North Carolina, sits on the edge of Cape Fear River. Recent renovations have created a wedding venue exuding historic elegance with pleasing modern amenities. Tasteful indoor and outdoor event spaces offer stunning options for both your ceremony and wedding reception.

The 128 South. An open and flexible floor plan will conform to your unique wedding event. The venue has a second-floor mezzanine, which provides a lovely spot for photos as well as an ideal space for your guests to spread out a little. This indoor area will accommodate up to 185 guests for a cocktail reception, 175 guests for a banquet reception and 145 guess for a seated dinner.

128 South River View Deck. The view of the Lower Cape Fear River is the focal point of the outdoor deck. A frame tent over the deck can provide shelter from the sun and rain. The space is large enough to accommodate a ceremony, cocktail hour or reception with dancing.

Planning flawless weddings is a specialty at 128 South. The event planners enjoy consulting with brides and grooms to learn about their unique wishes and desires.

The venue will set up 100 ceremony chairs for your event. Reception amenities include round, rectangular and bistro tables and 100 mahogany Chiavari chairs. The team will set the tables with plates, glassware, flatware and paper dinner napkins.

In-house catering is provided for wedding receptions. The culinary team will help you plan exactly the reception menu you wish from casual to formal. Cocktail hour can include passed appetizers as well as stations. You also have your choice of buffet or plated dinner menus. Several buffet packages are available, including The Charleston Touch and The Airlie Road, each of which include appetizers, entrees and sides. The plated dinners include appetizers, soup or salad, entrees, starches and vegetables.

Bar service packages are also available for your wedding. Inclusive hosted bar packages include your choice of house or premium liquor brands, beer and wine and craft beer. The venue does not serve martinis or shots. Coffee service and non-alcoholic beverage service is also available.

When you have dreams and ideas for your wedding, the event staff at 128 South can help make them happen. The staff is happy to receive your special requests. Enhancements are also available to add to your wedding package.

• Add signature drinks to your reception such as mimosas or mojitos
  • Specialty bars are available, including a sundae bar, mini dessert bites bar and popcorn bar

Historic charm…meets modern elegance.

Located on the banks of the Cape Fear River in downtown Wilmington, 128 South offers the premier indoor/outdoor venue with spectacular views from the 128 South River View Deck. Ideal for all your wedding needs. Adjoining accommodations are well-suited for you or your guests.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

128 South Front Street, Wilmington, NC (910) 399-1709
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Ashley O

Heads down this venue is the BEST!!. They provided outstanding customer service, all the employees were extremely attentive and so understanding. The food was AMAZING!!!, 128 definitely made my wedding the most perfect wedding ever!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Kat S

My husband and I had our reception at 128 South and we had such an amazing experience! Our guests had the time of their lives and raved about the unique beauty of the venue and the delicious food. We worked with Chere and Jordan throughout the process and they were wonderful!... Read More They were very understanding, patient and responsive and ultimately helped create such an unforgettable reception for us. The bartenders and wait staff that worked at our reception were also very professional, helpful and attentive. Our reception was everything we could have ever hoped for and more!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Kevin T

What a beautiful venue for a wedding. It turned out exactly how we envisioned our special day, in large part thanks to the staff at 128 South! The food was incredible, the coordinators went out of their way to be available for us at all times, and responded very quickly to any... Read More of our questions during the process. They were straightforward with the pricing and the end result was no surprises on the final bill, everything was clearly explained. Our guests raved about the food and the incredible beauty of the venue.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Laura H

128 South was an amazing venue! I was looking for a location that was simple, yet elegant and intimate and it was exactly that. I had 108 people and it was the perfect venue for that size of a wedding. Katie, the coordinator through 128 South, was also amazing. I can not say... Read More enough about how perfect the night went and how well everything flowed.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Liz S

128 South was an excellent venue, with great staff, an AMAZING day-of coordinator in Jordan, and a great atmosphere and interior (we didn't add much decor except flowers and lighting). Even for our June wedding, the tented outdoors porch area was tolerable with the breeze off... Read More the river.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Arielle W

My husband and I got married at 128 South last Sunday. Last year we traveled to Wilmington to choose a venue, after two days we were super discouraged. Someone suggested 128 South to us so we called them late Friday afternoon and explained that we were from out of town and... Read More really wanted to see the venue. The manager went above and beyond by coming in early the following day (even though they had two events that evening and it was Azalea Festival weekend) to show us their spaces. We both fell in love with 128 the minute we walked in. For over a year, Jordan was extremely helpful with all of my questions. The food was amazing!!! My only complaint was that the plated service took a long time. We contemplated adding an additional hour to the reception but after discussing with Jordan we were told that the plated service would take less than an hour. It definitely took a lot longer than that and cut into our dancing time outside. Other than that everything was amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Georgina P

128 South is an excellent venue, as a bride I was stress free since Jordan took over our wedding coordination, she was patient, kind and prepared. This venue is lovely it is not the typical ballroom is a different but very charming and convenient setting that does not require... Read More much decoration and has an option of outdoor terrace where we spent most of our evening, another plus is that all the vendors in Wilmington are used to work with 128 South which makes your life very easy because they contact each other and figure things out. The food was incredible everyone commented about this and the staff was always friendly. A great experience!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Kari H

I had my wedding and reception at 128 South on 10/07/16. It was the most memorable and wonderful day of my life thanks to 128! Jordan was my coordinator and she is a top notch expert at her job. As with every wedding something might veer off plan, ours had a small one, my... Read More father, recovering from knee surgery wasnt able to make it onto the deck after dinner for our father/daughter dance, my mind was blank, what to do? I wanted to have our planned dance! Jordan, as calm and collected as ever, suggested dancing in the main room--clever! Why didn't I think of that? That's what you pay a DOC for, to be there and find solutions when needed. Their staff discretly pushed a table aside and my father and I had our special dance! Jordan also made sure our sparkler exit went off without a hitch, we had to do it earlier in the evening than planned because the driving rain from Hurricane Matthew had just begun, no worries! We got amazing photos of our "exit" with rain and sparkler fire in the brick alley beside 128 and it looked brilliant. Afterwards we all went back upstairs and danced some more! I can't praise 128 South and their staff enough, I want to have another party event there just to enjoy it again and again. Truly, 128 South is THE place to have your wedding or reception or both. Our families and friends still rave about our wedding and the fantastic time they had. 128 South was even better than we imagined and it was a beautiful location to start Day One of the Rest of Our Lives.

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Hannah H

I can not say enough about how amazing 128 south is for a reception venue. They made what can be a stressful time incredibly easy. The day of the event was wonderful thanks to the outstanding staff (and food). Still getting rave reviews from my guests weeks later. Thank you... Read More thank you thank you 128 South, far exceeded my expectations

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Colleen H

Absolutely perfect!! When compared to the other venues in the Wilmington area that we looked at, booking 128 South was the easiest decision of the entire wedding planning process! The staff was easygoing, detail oriented, and professional. Our Day of Coordinators Katherine and... Read More Chere took all of the stress out of planning, and we had 100% confidence in them that they would make our event the best day ever. Love 128 South!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016

The entire weekend could not have gone smoother. Katie and Jordan were awesome.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Kimberly M

Beautiful venue and fabulous staff. We hosted our wedding ceremony and reception at 128 S. and will recommend the same to anyone interested. The staff was responsive, insightful, professional, and most importantly, kind. The food was also fantastic and presented nicely.... Read More Something else, important to us, was the ability to customize our event. All of this, of course, at the direction of our coordinator, Jordan Miller. Hats off to her, she's great. Our wedding, the execution of it, well exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Raphaelle D

We loved 128 South! We had both our ceremony (on the deck) and reception there (cocktail hour inside, dinner on the deck), and it was a wonderful night! I planned the wedding from out of town, and yet it seemed so effortless thanks to Chere and her team! They were so easy to... Read More work with and always responded to my countless calls and emails very quickly. I changed my mind on details several times, and they always made it easy and even provided me with great alternatives. The venue itself is gorgeous, the food was delicious, and everyone working there was so nice and helpful! It was a great night and we were able to enjoy every second of it without stress because we knew Chere and the team had everything covered. I highly recommend 128 South!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Laura P

128 South was the first and only venue I looked at – I fell in love the moment I walked in! The beautiful stained glass and exposed brick has so much character! The deck overlooks the Cape Fear River and has great sunset views. We had our ceremony and reception at 128 South and... Read More it was absolutely perfect! We had our ceremony and cocktail house outside on the deck (don’t worry, there is a tent included if it rains), dinner inside and we went back outside for dancing. I planned my wedding from out of town and the entire staff at 128 South was amazing. Meg was my day of coordinator and she was awesome!!! She was always available for any crazy bride questions I had. We had our décor meeting over the phone and she executed my entire vision flawlessly. 128 South not only has an amazing venue, but they also have an in-house cater and the food was delicious! It has been a month since our wedding and our entire guests are still raving about the food, the venue and decorations. Thank you for making our wedding day the perfect day I have always dreamed about! 

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 kursn A

I recently just had my wedding at 128 South, and everything was absolutely perfect. The food was amazing,the venue is beautiful and the staff go above and beyond to make sure the day is perfect for us. Couldn't have been more happy with 128 South.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Abby B

I cannot say enough kind and superlative things about 128 South. They made our wedding experience so amazing and effortless. From all the planning stages to the day of, they made Adam and my life so easy! We basically just had to show up with our decorations and they did the... Read More rest. The deck was perfect for our ceremony and dancing! The inside was amazing for cocktail hour and dinner. Also use their catering! The food was incredible! We had so many guests give such high compliments on the food! Adam and I never had a worry on our wedding day because of Chere and her team of excellent staff. We never had to get a drink from the bar or wait in the buffet line! We fell in love with the venue immediately and are forever thankful that we were lucky enough to book our big day with them!!!

Best Venue in Wilmington

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Kristen B

While planning a winter wedding and out of town I really had to do a ton of research to find the best place that offered everything I wanted. The first day I went there I fell in love with the place. The deck views overlooking the Cape Fear River and the history of the beautiful... Read More building had me smiling. JJ was so great to really go over the details and work with us explaining everything to us that we walked away knowing this was it. He turned us over to Katherine who was absolutely amazing! She was who I dealt with for all of my planning, from emails, to calls to dealing with my vendors she was awesome! I don't know what I would have done without her. She kept my mind at ease and everything on schedule. The compliments I received from the venue to the staff at the wedding made my heart so happy that they felt the way I did about 128 South. If you are looking for a great place to hold your ceremony and reception or even just your reception look no further. The food is delicious and amazing!!! Thanks for making our day so special!! Kristen B.

Rehearsal Dinner at 128 South- October 22,

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

We used 128 South as the site for the Rehearsal Dinner. We could not have been more pleased with everything. We had a family style dinner for almost 40 guests in the downstairs area serving Rosemary Pork and Seared Salmon. The food was perfect and more than enough for the... Read More guests. The staff could not have been better and timed all of the food around our schedule of toasting the couple and gift giving. We had an open bar downstairs for the dinner. We then had cocktails, desserts and appetizers on the deck for the second 2 hours for any out of town guests who arrived. This was suggested by JJ and worked out perfectly! The venue was beautiful, the staff absolutely attentive and the food delicious. All of the guests complimented the whole evening and loved the idea of the cocktail party. The wedding and reception were held at Bakery 105 the next day. Wilmington was a destination wedding and using both venues provided an exceptional feel to the historic area and allowed all of the guests to not have to travel far for anything. There was not one thing that went wrong and I would highly recommend these venues to anyone.

BEST DAY EVER

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Sara H

This venue was better than we could have ever imagined. We used Katherine for our day of coordinator and she was the best decision we have ever made. Our day was flawless! There was not one thing I would have changed. From the layout, decorations, food choice and beverage... Read More selection - this facility has it all. It is 2+ weeks after the wedding and we STILL cannot stop talking about it. We have received nothing but compliments! They took all the worry from my mind and put me at ease with every phone call and email. Then considering hurricane Joaquin was about to make an appearance at our wedding - there was a plan A and plan B that both were still my dream wedding. We are so thankful for Katherine, Meg and the entire 128 South crew who made our wedding day unforgettable! THANK YOU

Wedding ceremony & reception

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Amanda M

We can't say enough great things about 128 South Events and their staff. From the time that we booked our wedding to our wedding day they were extremely helpful and wonderful to work with. Having to plan our wedding from out of state presented some unique circumstances, but... Read More their experience and professionalism made everything easy and seamless!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015

This was the second of our three daughters getting married in just over 8 months. Leslie, our oldest daughter was married at 128 on Saturday, August 15, 2015. 128 South was absolutely perfect in every way. The ceremony on the deck at 6 was gorgeous and the staff did a... Read More remarkable job getting that area transformed into a dance floor for after dinner and setting up additional tables for dinner guests. The facility there is just beautiful and the staff has been extremely helpful from the first minute we made contact with them right up until it was lights out Saturday night. The kitchen staff did a wonderful job with the food, it was delicious and we cannot say enough about or Day Of Coordinator, Chere. She was always available and eager to help and do anything we needed or asked to make this day special. We definitely recommend this venue to others if you truly want to have a wonderful wedding experience. Terry Cotte (father of the bride)

Best Venue Ever!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Page G

We could not have asked for more in a venue. This charming hidden spot in downtown Wilmington, NC offers more than a unique brick building but overlooks the riverwalk, allows for both inside and outside events, and alleys that prompt great photos! Aside from the beautiful venue,... Read More we were ecstatic to work with their staff. They were a well-oiled machine that took the worry and stress away. They have great contacts and are willing to do much of the logistics for you if you'll help with brainstorming (the fun part!). I would not have traded the planning experience with them or the day of experience with them for anything. Our guests have not stopped talking about the beautiful venue and experience.

Perfection

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Fran S

128 South was the venue for my wedding ceremony and reception. I couldn't have been more pleased. The second story deck overlooking the river and downtown Wilmington created a perfect backdrop for the ceremony and the reception. The custom menu was delicious and got rave... Read More reviews from our guests. Even my Aunt Grace, the matriarch of my family, who is hard to please, talked about how well done everything was. The staff was super attentive and executed flawlessly. On the front end, Chere said "yes" to everything and always did so with a smile. 128 South is one of the primere wedding venues in Wilmington and their reputation is well deserved.

Wedding Ceremony and Reception at 128 South 11.08.14

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Emily H

We got married at 128 South on 11.08.14 and it was absolutely perfect. After we got engaged we made appointments to look at several venues but, after seeing 128 South first we booked it immediately and cancelled all other tours. It was such an easy decision to make! We had... Read More our ceremony and cocktails/apps on the rooftop deck, dinner inside, and dancing back on the deck. The team at 128 South was so professional and everything went off without a hitch. The venue makes for the most beautiful photos and all of our guests were raving about the food and location. Our second most favorite venue option is Bakery 105 (right across the street and owned by the same people as 128 South). Definitely worth looking there as well!

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Theresa D

128 South did an excellent job the day of the wedding. Everyone raved about the food and the employees (bartenders, coordinators, servers) were very nice and accommodating. I must say throughout the process it was a little hectic coordinating with them; however, I would not have... Read More changed anything as they made it all happen on the only day it mattered. I could not have been more pleased at how everything looked and how smooth the night went. Thank you 128 South.