128 South

Wilmington, NC

Historic charm…meets modern elegance.

Located on the banks of the Cape Fear River in downtown Wilmington, 128 South offers the premier indoor/outdoor venue with spectacular views from the 128 South River View Deck. Ideal for all your wedding needs. Adjoining accommodations are well-suited for you or your guests.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

128 South Front Street, Wilmington, NC

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Fran S

128 South was the venue for my wedding ceremony and reception. I couldn't have been more pleased. The second story deck overlooking the river and downtown Wilmington created a perfect backdrop for the ceremony and the reception. The custom menu was delicious and got rave... Read More reviews from our guests. Even my Aunt Grace, the matriarch of my family, who is hard to please, talked about how well done everything was. The staff was super attentive and executed flawlessly. On the front end, Chere said "yes" to everything and always did so with a smile. 128 South is one of the primere wedding venues in Wilmington and their reputation is well deserved.

Wedding Ceremony and Reception at 128 South 11.08.14

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Emily H

We got married at 128 South on 11.08.14 and it was absolutely perfect. After we got engaged we made appointments to look at several venues but, after seeing 128 South first we booked it immediately and cancelled all other tours. It was such an easy decision to make! We had... Read More our ceremony and cocktails/apps on the rooftop deck, dinner inside, and dancing back on the deck. The team at 128 South was so professional and everything went off without a hitch. The venue makes for the most beautiful photos and all of our guests were raving about the food and location. Our second most favorite venue option is Bakery 105 (right across the street and owned by the same people as 128 South). Definitely worth looking there as well!

128 South is the best!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

I just had my wedding here last week and it was the most wonderful experience ever! Everyone goes above and beyond to help you with anything you need. They are on top of their game every step of the way. The service, food.....everything is spectacular!!! I couldn't have gotten... Read More any luckier finding this place in Wilmington. It's such a beautiful, intimate setting inside and outside on the deck is gorgeous and spacious. Chere' was my wedding coordinator, not only is she a doll but she is fabulous at what she does. She took care of everything and always responded back to my calls/emails promptly. My wedding was a dream come true and they made everything so easy. There's no place better to have your event!

Rehearsal Dinner at 128 South- October 22,

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

We used 128 South as the site for the Rehearsal Dinner. We could not have been more pleased with everything. We had a family style dinner for almost 40 guests in the downstairs area serving Rosemary Pork and Seared Salmon. The food was perfect and more than enough for the... Read More guests. The staff could not have been better and timed all of the food around our schedule of toasting the couple and gift giving. We had an open bar downstairs for the dinner. We then had cocktails, desserts and appetizers on the deck for the second 2 hours for any out of town guests who arrived. This was suggested by JJ and worked out perfectly! The venue was beautiful, the staff absolutely attentive and the food delicious. All of the guests complimented the whole evening and loved the idea of the cocktail party. The wedding and reception were held at Bakery 105 the next day. Wilmington was a destination wedding and using both venues provided an exceptional feel to the historic area and allowed all of the guests to not have to travel far for anything. There was not one thing that went wrong and I would highly recommend these venues to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Sara H

This venue was better than we could have ever imagined. We used Katherine for our day of coordinator and she was the best decision we have ever made. Our day was flawless! There was not one thing I would have changed. From the layout, decorations, food choice and beverage... Read More selection - this facility has it all. It is 2+ weeks after the wedding and we STILL cannot stop talking about it. We have received nothing but compliments! They took all the worry from my mind and put me at ease with every phone call and email. Then considering hurricane Joaquin was about to make an appearance at our wedding - there was a plan A and plan B that both were still my dream wedding. We are so thankful for Katherine, Meg and the entire 128 South crew who made our wedding day unforgettable! THANK YOU

Wedding ceremony & reception

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Amanda M

We can't say enough great things about 128 South Events and their staff. From the time that we booked our wedding to our wedding day they were extremely helpful and wonderful to work with. Having to plan our wedding from out of state presented some unique circumstances, but... Read More their experience and professionalism made everything easy and seamless!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015

This was the second of our three daughters getting married in just over 8 months. Leslie, our oldest daughter was married at 128 on Saturday, August 15, 2015. 128 South was absolutely perfect in every way. The ceremony on the deck at 6 was gorgeous and the staff did a... Read More remarkable job getting that area transformed into a dance floor for after dinner and setting up additional tables for dinner guests. The facility there is just beautiful and the staff has been extremely helpful from the first minute we made contact with them right up until it was lights out Saturday night. The kitchen staff did a wonderful job with the food, it was delicious and we cannot say enough about or Day Of Coordinator, Chere. She was always available and eager to help and do anything we needed or asked to make this day special. We definitely recommend this venue to others if you truly want to have a wonderful wedding experience. Terry Cotte (father of the bride)

Best Venue Ever!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Page G

We could not have asked for more in a venue. This charming hidden spot in downtown Wilmington, NC offers more than a unique brick building but overlooks the riverwalk, allows for both inside and outside events, and alleys that prompt great photos! Aside from the beautiful venue,... Read More we were ecstatic to work with their staff. They were a well-oiled machine that took the worry and stress away. They have great contacts and are willing to do much of the logistics for you if you'll help with brainstorming (the fun part!). I would not have traded the planning experience with them or the day of experience with them for anything. Our guests have not stopped talking about the beautiful venue and experience.

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Theresa D

128 South did an excellent job the day of the wedding. Everyone raved about the food and the employees (bartenders, coordinators, servers) were very nice and accommodating. I must say throughout the process it was a little hectic coordinating with them; however, I would not have... Read More changed anything as they made it all happen on the only day it mattered. I could not have been more pleased at how everything looked and how smooth the night went. Thank you 128 South.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Suzanne F

My wedding at 128 South was more than I could have imagined! Katherine was amazing to work with and made sure everything was perfect. Her professionalism and patience shined through the entire process. It actually felt like working with a friend rather than a vendor. The food... Read More was excellent and all of our guests raved about it. It truly was a perfect evening!

128 South Recommendation

Reviewed on 9/12/2014 Melissa V

We booked 128 South for our wedding and couldn't be happier. Janna was our contact there, as well as our Day of Coordinator. She was very helpful, attentive, and most of all professional. The staff on the day of the event was great and the place was decorated perfectly (all they... Read More had to go on were some boxes I dropped off and few scribbled instructions). I highly recommend this venue, and Janna in particular, to anyone planning their next big event! PS- The amount listed under 'Total Cost' is literally the final tally for the whole wedding (tent, linens, music, cake, etc). The venue alone- just entrance, food, and bar package was about $16,000.

Rustic Meets Elegance

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Hilary J

I fell in love with 128 South from the moment I saw it, didn't even look at other venues! The venue fit perfectly with our wedding theme, kind of rustic yet elegant. We had our hearts set on a brunch wedding, therefore our ceremony started at 11:30AM outside on the deck with... Read More the reception to follow inside. Both the deck and the inside of the venue are absolutely beautiful! We had about 120 people at the wedding, which is about the max the venue can hold. It was very comfortable and cozy though, not cramped or anything. All of the guests loved the venue because it so unique with the upstairs loft and the beautiful windows and brick wall. People also loved the food, which was incredible! We used 128's brunch menu (scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, fruit/yogurt, frittata) and it was delicious! We hired Janna and Chere to be our Wedding Day Coordinators and they were amazing! We met with Janna a few times in the months before the wedding to go over ideas and what we wanted, and then the day before the wedding we dropped off our decorations for the walls and the mantels (picture frames, etc). The morning of the wedding, Janna and Chere took care of everything and it was beautiful! Better than I even imagined! They also made sure the wedding timeline went perfectly and I didn't have to worry about anything the day of, which was truly a blessing. If I could do it all over again (which I honestly wish I could!) I wouldn't change a thing! I'm so thankful to have found this amazing venue and to have worked with Janna and Chere to make the wedding of my dreams come to life!

World-Class Service & Staff

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Courtney R

From the beginning, we loved 128 South! JJ won us over with our tour. If you go, make sure it's when they're setting up for an event; this way you can really see the space in full effect! 128 staff were amazing, especially Chere. She is ON HER GAME! She recently got married &... Read More can completely empathize with the wedding craziness. She was always there with suggestions, open to last minute changes, & stopped at nothing to make your day special. She found ways to make things work instead of saying no. Here's a small example: we bought these little blue tea lights we wanted on the tables. Well, I didn't know they weren't allowed under our tent so Chere suggested to just cut off the wick so no one light them & we could still use them! They have quick communication & are very flexible to your wishes. We were able to create a custom menu & cocktails. They even agreed to stay an hour later for our reception. I would highly recommend the bar package; it was a great price & selection. The space itself is great! We utilized the whole space with cocktails inside, dinner outside, & dancing inside. Our guests raved about the location, which was 1 block from the River! The upper deck actually over looks the river & the USS NC Battleship. I highly recommend 128 South!!!!

Wedding at 128 South

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Kasey M

Jana and Chere' at 128 South were amazing people to work with to get my wedding day planned and executed! My husband and I were planning our wedding via email, fax, and phone calls from Los Angeles, CA and when any issue or conflict came up, both Jana and Chere' responded... Read More immediately. On the day of, Chere' worked with our wedding coordinator to help our wedding go off without a hitch. Apparently a few things went wrong that I didn't know about until the next day, and Chere' quickly stepped in to fix everything up perfectly, including fixing us up with a cup cake stand because ours was too wobbly to hold the topper and top cake. Every guest that attended raved about our choice of venue in that it was super convenient to have the ceremony outside on the deck and then go inside to have dinner and dancing. 128 catered our event and the food was delicious! I'd recommend having the mac and cheese (not just for any kid guests) because it was fantastic and was my favorite dish there. We used their house system for the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail/dinner music and it worked beautifully. There was an attendant ready to fade down the music and fade it back up for each cue. Matt, the bartender, was very friendly to my guests and helped make the night wonderful! It was like a mini boot camp in that every one working knew exactly where they needed to be and what time things were getting done. Every time I went back to my table, my water goblet was full of cold water and they brought out two glasses of toasting champagne for myself and my husband. All in all, 128 is a great venue and the employees are fantastic! I will recommend it to anyone looking to get married in downtown Wilmington!

Just fabulous!

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Julie

The food, wait staff, venue were all just wonderful! I planned my wedding from out of town and the staff was awesome at communicating via e-mail and being flexible with me when I was in town for meeting and viewing the venue. The food got rave reviews from our guests. I'm not... Read More sure that there was a single favorite item! We had the pulled pork bbq and fried chicken as entrees and everyone loved it! Chere was leading the team and made sure we were taken care of all night... she had a plate made for us each as soon as we sat down for the dinner and was always watching out for us. I cannot say enough nice things about this venue-- it is such a charming, unique, intimate venue and the only thing I wish is that I could attend a wedding at 128 South in the future so I could really sit back and enjoy it... such an awesome venue!

Great Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Lauren B

128 south is beautiful venue if you plan on keeping your guest list at 100 or so and less. We had 100 and it was perfect. We got married on the back deck, had cocktail hour inside, dinner back outside, and dancing inside. The venue is a nice semi blank canvas that can be... Read More versatile based on your design scheme. The only reason I would not give them five stars is that many of the things I was promised in the beginning that made me choose the space were not possible later on for our event. Overall it was a lovely wedding venue. (We even planned our wedding for riverfest weekend and got a free fireworks display out of it!)

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Lee Ann S

We couldn't have imagined having our recpetion anywhere else beside 128 South. Food, service and venue is absolutely spectacular! Thank you for making our recpetion so special!

Best Party Ever

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Valerie S

Great food, drinks and value. Everything went very smoothly. Janna our wedding coordinator and her staff were very helpful without over doing it. We felt quite taken care of. In the past couple days, we have gotten so many compliments from friends and family about the service... Read More and food. It was the party we have ever had and we had an amazing wedding. All I had to do was say, "I do"!

Reception Site

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Matthew D

Awesome rustic site with amazing service! Very easy to work with and made our day one to remember.

September Wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Meredith L

The staff was lovely and seemed to really enjoy their job. Everyone who attended our wedding had a great time and commented on what a great job 128 did. The venue is beautiful and made a large group of people feel like a small family gathering. Thank you!

Karie Cavallaro Davis

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Karie C

Unbelievable evening! Excellent service, exceptional food, professional and gracious staff! Everyone at 128 South made our evening a night to remember!

128 South, Wilmington, NC

Reviewed on 7/30/2013

I planned a wedding within 2 1/2 months, my husband and I made a rush decision to get married before our first child. I was concerned with time but thought I would try to do my best. I have to say hands down, 128 South helped with our budget in every way and steered us in all... Read More the right directions. If we had more money or time I wouldn't change one thing. Perfection!! I would highly recommend their services/catering company. We did not try the food before hand, but after reading all the previous reviews took away any fears. FANTASTIC, our guests are still telling us how amazing the food was. Janna, the coordinator took care of the day for us, we did not want for anything. It was such a pleasure to work with her and the team. Knowing what I know now, I would do it over again. The best day of my life, the day was truly beautiful.

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 tracy s

Reviewed on 6/23/2013 Aleksandra D

128 South was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. Not only was the venue gorgeous, but the staff did an incredible job and the reception was everything we wanted and more. The staff at 128 was able to work around our budget and did whatever they could to make our wedding... Read More day perfect. Janna, the day of coordinator, was wonderful to work with. She knows what she’s doing, is very organized, and goes way above and beyond the call of duty to make sure everything runs smoothly. She made everything so easy and stress free. I wish everyone could have someone like that to work with on their wedding day, she was truly a blessing. The food was also amazing. We had a sit down dinner for 130 on the deck. Everything was absolutely delicious. The beef tenderloin was cooked to perfection and the crab cakes were out of this world, so meaty (no filler). They even helped us incorporate some traditionally polish food into the appetizers that were served. The chef was also able to accommodate numerous food allergies, including one guest who was allergic to both garlic and onions. The service was also outstanding. All the servers were extremely attentive and friendly. They were just so on top of it! To sum up, I would never choose anywhere else for my wedding!

Ceremony & Reception Venue

Reviewed on 5/20/2013 Christina P

All I had to do when booking my ceremony and reception location is just see pictures of 128 South and I was sold. As the wedding approached and I'd tell other hired vendors where I chose, I heard nothing but rave reviews. After working with the people of 128 South and having my... Read More wedding there, I can completely understand why! They are incredibly professional and organized. They take a legitimate interest into your day and give you complete confidence that they will ensure it will be amazing. The food is AMAZING! All of my guests are still talking about how good the food was and I've been been told that it's the best food they've had at a wedding.. even better than a lot of restaurants they have been to. They allow you to hire another restaurant to cater, but I have no idea why you would. The food is honestly amazing! The style of the building is just gorgeous too. It provides an excellent feel to your day. I honestly could not be happier with my decision on 128 South and I trust you won't either!