1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa

Lake Lure, NC

Mountain Weddings with a picturesque lake view!

Welcome your guests with a bonfire on the beach ~ Pamper yourself at the Allure Spa ~ Walk down the aisle with 360 degree Lake & Mountain views ~ Enjoy dining and dancing under the stars ~ Relax in the Swayze Suite ~ Enjoy a mimosa at brunch with friends ~ Create memories that will last a lifetime!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Museum, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

2771 Memorial Hwy, Lake Lure, NC (888) 434-4970

Wedding

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Julia B

My husband and I had our wedding at the Lake Lure Inn & Spa in March. Allyssa was our wedding coordinator and she was just amazing. Everyone at the Inn (All Staff) was so kind and so friendly. They made you feel like you were part of a family. The venue itself is so quaint and... Read More historic. Very warm and cozy. The food was phenomenal. I would highly recommended the Inn. My family and I plan to have a family reunion there sometime in the next year. It was just wonderful. My husband and I will definitely plan to spend anniversaries there too!

A Dream Come True for the WHOLE family!

Reviewed on 12/17/2013 Samantha F

I had a great time coordinating with my event planner (Paula) who helped with last minute arrangements as the weather was not favorable! The entire staff has a sense of enthusiasm about the part they play in the big day. I was overwhelmed by the hardworking front desk workers,... Read More the banquet set up crew (Mr. Byrd and Shane), and the pleasantness of our servers during the reception! The event planning group knows their stuff and can work with just about any idea you have! They are very prepared for any style of occasion! One of my best memories of the wedding weekend will be my family and "in-laws" gathering in the lobby until the late hours of the night! The area is just so welcoming and the bar keeps the party going as long as you'd like! We had such an incredible time! My parents (who paid for the majority of the wedding) said they would do it all over again in a heartbeat, that's how incredible the experience was!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Jessica A

So much history! Beautiful scenery and wonderful people!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Debbie C

My husband and I got married at the Lake Lure Inn and Spa on September 16, 2017. The Lake Lure Inn couldn't have been a more perfect venue for us! The quality of service, attention to detail, and hospitality was everything a bride could ask for. We had the wonderful Allyssa as... Read More our coordinator at the Inn - she was brilliant! She worked hand in hand with our Wedding Planner to make sure no detail was overlooked! We held our Rehearsal Dinner at the Pavilion, wedding ceremony at the Gazebo & reception in the Dining Room & Veranda. Everything was beautiful! We keep hearing rave reviews on how our wedding was beautiful and the food was AMAZING! We would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jacki M

We researched several WNC wedding venues and only had to visit one. Upon meeting Leigh Vayo, we knew. We knew we were in good hands and would be well taken care of by the Inn. All of the staff greeted us with such kindness time and again.....the Front Desk at all hours, the... Read More Bartenders at all hours, Maintenance when we had a dead car battery, the Servers no matter how many guests, the Trolley Driver on time, every time and Housekeeping for any and every need. The staff at the Inn truly went above and beyond repeatedly for us and our guests. Leigh maintained excellent communication with us from day one to the day of and days after. We could not be more pleased and absolutely feel our money was very well spent. We will be back again and again for long weekends and to celebrate anniversaries!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Allison S

My husband and I were just married at Lake Lure Inn and I couldn't have been happier. From our first meeting and tour with Leigh, we were very excited and felt comfortable with not only the venue but the entire staff we would be working with. They give you the contract up front... Read More as well as ample time to ask questions before signing. My wedding coordinator Allyssa was great, for the next 10 months, she kept in touch in a non-pressuring manner, answered my questions in a timely fashion (even the silly ones), and made good recommendations when I simply needed someone's opinion. I am not local to Lake Lure, so I depended strongly on her advice and I'm so glad I did so. When it came time for our actual wedding weekend, the entire hotel staff (not just Allyssa and Leigh) were accommodating and pleasant. One of the best things about this venue is that on the day of, there is a trolley that takes you and your guests from the hotel over to gazebo on the lake which is where our ceremony is, and then takes everyone back again. Then you have the reception right there and then your guests just have to walk back to their rooms so no one has to worry about driving. If you weren't ready to go to bed just yet, while the reception ended around 10 PM, the Moose and Goose Lounge served as an excellent after hours spot until bed time was inevitable. I think the second best thing was both the gazebo for the ceremony and the hotel for the reception was beautiful as is, and didn't need further decorations. Another great thing about the Lake Lure Inn and really the town of Lake Lure/Chimney Rock, is that since many of our guests were coming in from quite a distance it was quite simple to help turn it into a destination weekend for most folks. The hotel staff helped arrange boat tours/golf outings and there was so much to do in the area such as Chimney Rock state park, miniature golf, and local restaurants/shops. Since this my only experience planning a wedding, I can't really compare it to another, however I can speak to how easy the ladies at the Inn made it for me to plan and coordinate the wedding (I did have a day of wedding planner that was absolutely fantastic and in my opinion absolutely essential), helped me make exciting to look forward to and then when it was actually happening, I don't think there was a single mishap and my guests are still telling me what fun they had.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Amber K

Best decision ever. This venue was absolutely perfect. Leigh was our wedding coordinator and she was wonderful to work with. The hotel is beautiful and accommodating for all our out of town guest. Margaret is the best bartender ever serving everyone with humor and whit. This... Read More place made having our dream wedding easy.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Cari M

My husband and I were recently married at 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa on Sept 3, 2017. I cannot say enough good things about this venue and the staff. From the first tour we received until after checkout from the wedding weekend, we were thoroughly impressed with the prompt... Read More communication, willingness to help, and overall attention to detail the Inn was able to provide. This was strongly due to the fantastic work of our venue coordinator, Leigh Vayo. If you have the opportunity to work with her for your wedding, you will be very lucky. She is so incredibly kind and no detail is too small, nor any question an imposition. Since we were planning a destination wedding, a lot of the footwork had to be done via email and phone conversations and she was with us every step of the way. Even on the eve of our wedding, as I was rushing around attending to family, I could trust her with any last minute changes and have no doubt that everything would be taken care of with the utmost attention. After the wedding I can not count how many times my guests commended the Inn's staff as being friendly and courteous and how much they loved all the Inn's decor. They also did an amazing job with the food. We had the Inn cater both the rehearsal dinner and reception and everything tasted absolutely amazing! Everyone was very satisfied with their meals and the Inn was even able to provide snacks for our after reception party. Overall, our wedding was an amazing experience and we would do it a million times again at 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa. Thank you so much Leigh!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Jaclyn H

My husband and I just had our rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony/reception at The 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa and couldn't be more thrilled with our experience. Throughout the planning and execution of our event, we worked with Leigh Vayo, who is by far one of the sweetest, most... Read More thoughtful people I have ever met. Leigh was always quick to respond to any of our questions and went above and beyond to accommodate our two flower puppies, families, guests, and other vendors. We had a bonfire on the beach for our rehearsal dinner and it was exactly the kind of relaxed event we were hoping for. Our wedding ceremony the following day was at the Morse Park Gazebo with our reception in the lobby, Tanner Dining Room, Veranda, and poolside. Leigh and the team at The 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa handled EVERYTHING! They brought our wedding parties brunch while we were hanging out and getting ready, they greeted each of our vendors and assisted them any way they could, they handled all set up and break down of our wedding, they coordinated each event with our wedding planner, and the food was out of this world amazing! The list could go on and on! Needless to say, we love Leigh and The 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa and our wedding was perfect - and their team and the stunning location was such a big part of that!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Allie H

The Lake Lure Inn and Spa was absolutely the perfect site for our May 28, 2017 wedding. Everything was perfect and it truly was because of the Inn's accommodations and staff. First of all, Leigh Vayo was our on-site coordinator and she was incredible from beginning to end.... Read More Especially in the few weeks before the wedding, she was so detail-oriented and responsive. I believe these details are the reason that everything went so well. On the actual wedding weekend, I never saw her sit down! She is so hardworking and genuinely wanted everything to be perfect for us. She is incredibly kind and a joy to work with. We used the Inn for basically everything! On our first day, we did our rehearsal in Roosevelt Hall, rehearsal dinner in the new Fitzgerald's restaurant space, and then ended with a very fun bonfire on the beach. Then, on the day of the wedding, we got ready in Johnny's cabin and the Inn arranged food to be delivered for us. We then took first look pictures around the pool before getting in the convenient and cute trolley to head to the ceremony. The ceremony was in Morse Park facing Chimney Rock (not under the Gazebo, too tough to decorate!). The weather held out and the location was perfect. We then headed back for the reception! We decided to be announced and do all dances/speeches on the far side of the pool. It was just perfect. All of our friends and family had enjoyed appetizers and drink by this point, and there were many vantage points for the dances/speeches. After this, it was dinner time! We did the buffet and everyone loved the food. Then the dance floor opened on the Veranda after a few tables were taken away - so much fun! People could enjoy dancing or hang out around the pool area on the low or high top tables. It was all so perfect. Thank you Leigh and all of the LLI staff for making our dream wedding a reality. We highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Chelsea J

The 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa was our chosen wedding ceremony and reception venue from the moment we stepped in it for our tour. My (now) husband and I grew up going to Lake Lure and the area, but had never stepped in this gem. We actually had looked at a few venues and thought... Read More we had found "the one," until we had a feeling that the real one was still out there. Stumbling across the fact that the Inn hosts weddings, we made a tour and from then on, the rest is history. We worked with Leigh, Allyssa and Patrick, all coordinators of weddings and events at the Inn to bring our wedding needs, wants and wishes to life. They were all incredibly attentive and helpful during the entire process which at times, is incredibly stressful, but only to the newlyweds to be. They are experienced and professional and handle all your needs with ease. Allyssa in particular was our coordinator and was easily reached via phone or email for my many questions and plan details. The wedding day and weekend left us absolutely blown away by their work to ensure us an amazing wedding. That is when you see the true heart of the entire staff there. Every single person of the Inn was so kind and helpful. Before even knowing I was a bride, as I'm just walking in and around with normal things on, not yet attached to any coordinators, I always received superior treatment. My family and wedding party and guests commented the entire time how nice everyone was. To have a setting as beautiful as the Inn and the gazebo and veranda and poolside for your wedding makes you especially lucky, but to add to that, people who make your big day easy and even better than the scenery, is a blessing. This review is entirely true. My husband and I talked that entire wedding weekend and days after about how great they were. We appreciate having them be so good to us, it meant a lot!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Oviett W

Do not book this place!! My fiancé and I fell in love with the Inn and how caring and family oriented it appeared. We immediately secured it as our wedding venue. But then our father became terminally ill 6 months before the wedding forcing us to cancel due to his cancer.... Read More Obviously we could not plan for this. We notified the Inn who then reminded us the contract stated we would have to pay $7,000 to cancel. They said the costs was partly for future food and drink purchases which were 6 months away. We understood not getting our down deposit but to be charged extra for future food purchases when our reason for canceling was a family illness proved to us they were callous and not the family orientated venue we originally mistook them for. We tried to reason with them to do what is morally right but they repeatedly informed us it is strictly business. In the end we received the additional bill which we are left with no other option but to pay and I am writing this review to spare future brides and families an experience such as mine.

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Kimberly O

My husband and I got married at Lake Lure Inn in July, 2016. We absolutely loved our experience at the Inn. We had our wedding ceremony at the gazebo and the views were gorgeous! We also had our reception at the Inn. We used the Terrace location, and the dining room. Everyone... Read More was very accommodating and helpful! Allyssa Dixon was our wedding coordinator and she was extremely helpful! Being out of town, it was nice to be able to reach out to Allyssa and she was always there to help! She was also helpful in picking places for music, the cake, and the florist, considering I was out of town! I loved this venue and it was absolutely perfect!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Maggie B

Everything about our wedding weekend was fantastic. The venue is beautiful, the staff are friendly and the food is terrific. We hosted three events for our wedding guests and every one was perfect. On Friday we were supposed to have an outdoor meal and bonfire but the rain kept... Read More us in. The Inn accommodated us in Roosevelt hall and set up and indoor smoores bar. It worked out great! On Saturday we had our ceremony at the gazebo. The trolley ride to and from the site was great and the inn set up flavored water at the site for our guests which was a nice touch. Everything about our reception was perfect and as I had visioned it. The credit goes to our events coordinator Allyssa and her staff. They were so great to work with. On Sunday we treatedour guests to the inns Sunday brunch. Allyssa set our group up with some large tables on the veranda which was perfect for us to see them all off. Everything was perfect all weekend and we cannot thank the inn enough. We can't wait to go back soon!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jenna M

My fiancée and I planned this wedding in 4 months and Patrick from the Lake Lure Inn and Spa was with us every step of the way! He helped us plan our dream wedding, from the menu to the last candle lit, Patrick was there. No detail is forgotten with this staff, not to mention... Read More the venue is so beautiful and full of history! Such a fun weekend for our guests and family and a gorgeous backdrop for our best day yet!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 linda b

BEST.DAY.EVER.! The venue is perfectlycharming and the staff is exceptional! Leigh V was our coordinator and she was a true treasure! Our weekend went off without a hitch. They even moved our bonfire on the beach inside with about 3 hrs notice due to rain. You would've... Read More thought it had been planned that way the whole time. Our every wish & whim was catered to and they made our wedding EVERYTHING we'd hoped it would be. I love The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and will always cherish how special they made us feel. We're going back for our 1st anniversary!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Monica C

We had our wedding at the veranda/pool site at the Lake Lure Inn and it was absolutely amazing. Not only are the views amazing, but the Inn staff was amazing. Leigh was our events coordinator and made the planning so stress-free. She was very responsive to questions and so... Read More detail oriented. Words cannot describe how thankful we are that we had her there to help us during the planning stage and on the wedding day. She is truly a joy to work with! We were between two venues, the Inn being one of them. The other place did not offer an events coordinator. The friendliness and location that the Inn provided during our venue search were ultimately the reasons we picked the Inn. It is convenient for guests and the wedding party. It had everything we needed - the salon, the rooms, a separate room for the bride to get ready in, the catering (with GREAT food) and bar services. I would recommend the Inn to anyone, with no negative points to mention.

Reviewed on 5/28/2016

My husband and I decided to renew our wedding vows for our 25th wedding anniversary. On our original wedding day was a disaster and we had no clue what we were getting into when we took our vows. Twenty-five years and 3 children later we decided we deserved a "do over". On the... Read More recommendation of my best friend we checked out Lake Lure NC. After meeting with Leigh Vayo at the 1027 Lake Lure Inn and Spa we looked no further for our venue and help with our special day. Our vow renewal was a dream come true and utterly perfect. We chose to have a midmorning ceremony and reception in The Gardens with our closest friends and family, followed by a bon fire later that night. Every person that had a hand in our day was top notch, did their job to perfection, and gave us service above and beyond what we expected. I honestly felt that Leigh and her staff made it their personal mission to make sure this day was a day we would never forget. There was not one detail that went over looked. She anticipated and planned for everything and was always available when I needed anything. It was our goal to have a simple, beautiful ceremony with a casual family atmosphere and lots of laughter. The 1027 Lake Lure Inn and Spa provided much more than we could have hoped for!

Amazing Mountain Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Brittany R

Booking the Lake Lure Inn was truly one of the best choices we made. The venue itself is a historic building that retains its old charm. As a fan of historic architecture, they intrigued me early in my planning process to drive into the mountains and check out what they had to... Read More offer. When I arrived, I realized that not only did the building fit my taste, but their options for ceremony spaces were spectacular! We chose to get married at the gazebo in Morse Park. The background to our ceremony was granite-faced mountains and beautiful fall foliage against the lake. Leigh was our event coordinator and she made sure our experience at the Inn was everything we were hoping and more! She even gave us extras free of charge which every bride knows is almost unheard of with wedding vendors. When our wedding arrived, we realized we had forgotten a few things we needed to put our DIY stuff together. The Inn was eager to help! The even found us gardening shears when ours went missing! The venue was every bit as beautiful as we had hoped and we food was to quote our guests "the best wedding food we have ever had." My husband and I are huge fans of the Inn because of our experience and plan on spending every anniversary back at the Inn. If you're a bride with a smaller sized wedding, I am telling you to book this venue. You won't be disappointed!

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Ashley H

Allyssa Dixon and the team at Lake Lure Inn truly gave us the wedding of our dreams. Our ceremony was held at the Lakeside Gazebo and the reception in the Tanner Dining Room/Poolside Terrace. We had approximately a year to plan and for that entire year Allyssa went above and... Read More beyond answering all my questions and ensuring everything was planning to perfection. People say something always goes wrong on your wedding day, well nothing went wrong on mine, and I think I owe that to Allyssa and staff for the amazing job they do there! Our guests are still talking about how perfect the weekend get-a-away was and we can’t wait to go back and reminiscence soon!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Alexandra H

The Lake Lure Inn and Spa was a truly magical place for our wedding! Our ceremony was held at the gorgeous gazebo, and the reception was in the Tanner Dining Room/Poolside Terrace. Allyssa Dixon was our wedding coordinator - people always say something will wrong on your... Read More wedding day, but thanks to Allyssa and her team everything ran smoothly and our wedding was better than we ever could have dreamed! I would highly recommend this venue - my husband and I are already trying to figure out when we can come back :)

Extremely accommodating

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Jacqueline H

We couldn't have been more pleased with Lake Lure Inn and Spa. We worked with Paula who was extremely accommodating as was the entire staff. They were VERY helpful for a family member's needs related to her health needs for oxygen and other needs as well as some last minute... Read More room challenges we had. They just were truly amazing to work with throughout the entire experience and we couldn't have been happier.

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Paige H

The Inn looks beautiful in photos online, but on arrival it is clear that it was once a beautiful property...a long time ago. The owners that have had it for the past decade have clearly put a lot of work into reviving it, but it is in dire need of a massive renovation. There... Read More are beautiful parts of the inside of this Inn, but it has a lot to be desired externally. There is clearly an air of grandeur in the building, but it's very tired and needs a huge facelift.

Could not have asked for more

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Heather H

We had two wonderful, family filled nights at the Inn. We did a bonfire and dinner on Thursday night and our wedding and reception on Friday. The bonfire was perfect as most of our guests were coming in from out of town and this allowed everyone to interact and get comfortable... Read More with everyone before the reception. The weather was perfect, the food delicious, and the open bar is always a hit! We had about 45 people there and loved every minute of it. On Friday we had our ceremony scheduled for the Gardens area, but unfortunately it rained so we moved with the covered patio, and couldn't have asked for a better spot. Our first look also got moved from the iron gate to the Moose and Goose Lounge and it was perfect because we may have indulged a little bit there over the weekend. After the ceremony we moved to Roosevelt Hall for our reception, which was a blast! We had about 60 people and the space was just right, intimate without being right on top of each other. Our wedding coordinator Patrick was amazing, I could never thank him enough for all he did for us and our guests. He was there every step of the way from tastings, to my nitty-gritty details. He was even running beverages from the cooler to our reception when they were running low. He also hoarded my favorite beverages for me during the night since there was only a select few available. He was there through it all with us, and I could not recommend him enough to anyone who wants to get married here. And overall, the staff was amazing. So nice and my guests didn't have one negative thing to say, and they're quite opinionated. Another plus, our families, being from upstate NY, found things to do that interested them around the Inn. People took boat tours, rented pontoon boats, went to the beach, hiked, explored Asheville, etc. That made it a weekend getaway for everyone so they didn't have to just come for the day. We now live in Charlotte, and going out to the Inn felt like we were driving to the Adirondack Mountains like we use to do as kids. It's as close of a feeling of being "home" for our wedding as we could have gotten without driving the 11 hours.

Perfect wedding weekend!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Elizabeth F

We stumbled across an amazing "off season" wedding package for the Veranda, Pool, & Terrace. This relaxing & beautiful indoor/outdoor environment was the perfect combination for our wedding weekend! The ease of having our ceremony and reception in the same area really allowed... Read More us to relax and soak in our wedding day. We also loved being able to hang out afterwards at the Moose & Goose Bar without having to worry about anybody driving. The bridal suite was the perfect space for us to have for a home base for the weekend for decorations and day of preparations! Allyssa Dixon was our event coordinator and she and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to meet our needs! We choose the Heavy Hos d'oeuvres menu and we were surprised by the ability to customize the menu options to create a well rounded meal that people raved about! With our bar option we were able to request some of our favorite beers- Sweetwater 420 & Bells Two Hearted! Overall our total wedding costs were a deal compared to what some of our close friends have spent and it came with so much beauty and elegance! We can't wait to return to the Inn for a romantic weekend or anniversary!