Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Fashion Services, Fashion

4180 Convoy St, San Diego, CA (858) 541-0684

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Jillian A

Andrew is amazing! I went in looking for a specific style of dress. After trying a few of those style dresses on and not liking how they looked Andrew suggested a different style. They first one was MY dress!! He is amazing at what he does and his staff is always accommodating.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Jessika V

Had a great experience at 2000 Dreams. Found my dream dress. The staff was not pushy and very helpful. I decided to buy off the rack for a cheaper price. All their dresses are kept clean and in great condition. I would recommend 2000 Dreams to any bride.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Desiree G

It was such a joy to buy my dress there. The staff is so nice and fun to work with. The alterations department did not let me leave until everything was perfect. The dress came out perfect. They had a great selection of dresses and designers and I am so glad we found this... Read More place.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Amanda G

I would give ZERO stars if I could. I bought my "dream dress" here which was perfect and what I was looking for. Sounds like a great place right? WRONG. One hour into my wedding, one of the straps literally snapped off of my dress while I was eating dinner. REALLY? I wasn't even... Read More dancing or moving around. I had told them my concerns about the straps breaking because they seemed flimsy once we got to the alterations phase... I was assured that nothing had to be done with them because they were "so strong". Again, WRONG. I contacted them after my wedding because this dress was almost 2,000 dollars with alterations (BTW do not do alterations there if you get a dress there... save your sanity and money and find a more competent person). They took ZERO responsibility for this matter other than offering to fix it (Really, like I am going to wear the dress again after my wedding? How about a partial refund people?). They basically put all of the blame on me, their customer. Incredibly disappointed with them and their "service" from the moment I paid for my dress up until I complained about my strap breaking an hour into my wedding. Save your money and go elsewhere... this place isn't worth it. I was warned by some friends and should have listened. Lesson learned!!! Sorry 2000 dreams.. you really shouldn't be doing business.

Great variety with helpful staff!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Tracy Z

2000 Dreams was the fourth bridal shop I visited, because it was one of the only ones in town that carried some designers I'd been eager to try. I'm the type of girl who is more comfortable in Marshalls than Nordstroms, if you catch my drift, so this shop was right for me. I... Read More think it's family-run, and they have incredible gowns by top designers, without any of the frill, stuffiness, or straight up rudeness that some bridal shops can have. The consultant, Wendy, saw the style of dress I kept being drawn to and brought out a Justin Alexander that was THE DRESS. It was absolutely perfect, it had every detail I'd been wanting, from the scalloped lace trim to the buttons down the back. And it wasn't obscenely expensive! Alterations were costly, as they can be anywhere, and it was amazing that she was able to hem all that lace. I would definitely recommend this place for their wide variety of dresses and friendly staff.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Derrick R

I got my wedding dress here and loved it! The staff was so helpful. I went in with an idea in mind of what I wanted, but they pulled options that fit what I was looking for as well as ones that they thought fit my body type and shape. I ended up going with one of their... Read More recommendations instead. It was perfect! I knew it the minute I put it on and they added a veil.

Where dreams come true.

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Kimberly M

2000 Dreams is AMAZING! As a fair warning, it's a family owned business so please be patient. Everything is processed on paper (handwritten). There are no fancy couches or champagne glasses. What makes 2000 Dreams amazing is they truly value your happiness in finding the... Read More perfect dress. There is absolutely ZERO pressure to make any decision which was such a relief as other bridal bouquets offered "limited" time deals. If Andrew offers a deal, that deal is good until you are ready to act on it. They have a huge selection of dresses for the bride and bridesmaids ranging from all different prices. It truly a one stop shop! Yessman was my consultant.I remember the exact moment she stopped my fitting because she knew the perfect dress that I would love. She was absolutely right! Yessman was fantastic! She was so helpful, kind and extremely patient which I appreciated so much. Even when I went to the shop and Yessman wasn't there, the other consultants would help me with the same kindness and generosity as if I was their client. Wendy did my alternations for my wedding dress. I wanted to take out all the tulle from underneath to decrease the puff. When I went to my final fitting, Wendy had taken out some but not all out. This could have been frustrating as I had asked for it to be removed and it wasn't. However, I'm glad Wendy did what she did because the dress turned out perfect. So please trust Wendy. She knows what she's doing and what looks good. If you are looking for dresses, be sure to stop by 2000 Dreams!

Great Prices and Service

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Leslie T

My dress was absolutely beautiful. The prices are very reasonable, and they have each dress made to order. The tailor did an amazing job and my dress fit me like a glove with just one fitting and a final fitting. Great service.

Stunning and in my Budget

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 . .

Several friends got their dresses here so I felt confident walking in...and highly pleased walking out. Naomi was my sales assistant. She didn't try to sell me something that I could never afford. She has such a great attitude. She listened to my dream ideas and found a STUNNING... Read More gown in my budget in line with what I dreamt of that also was very flattering (I have a curvy body). I received many compliments on my dress. The experience here is not like larger chain dress shops with over-priced, poor quality gowns that every shop staff says you look great in (even when it's clear that you do not). The staff at 2000 Dreams know wedding dresses well and have reasonable prices, countless options within every budget and beyond all else, friendly staff. Naomi was so much fun to work with. I appreciated her expertise and her reality checks (cost, design, etc.). One sidenote: I think the alterations (minor) and steaming cost(really necessary?) were a bit high (but I have nothing to compare that to). Thank you 2000 Dreams!

Skip the Big Stores

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Lauren B

A friend and I stopped by this shop without an appointment about an hour before closing time, after a disappointing trip to another better known wedding dress shop in San Diego. We were greeted and encouraged to look around and look through the dresses ourselves. I was able to... Read More select dresses off the rack and try them on. I found three that I loved but didn't want to make a rush decision. They were willing to hold the dresses so I could come back the next day when there was more time before the store closed. Found a dress which was 40% off because it was the last one. Luckily fit me almost perfectly!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Esther A

What a winning shop! It is not upscale by any means, so do not go there expecting champagne or the royal treatment. What you will get is excellent service, tons of dresses that will look fabulous on you, and a rockin' seamstress for any tweaks that need to be made. They were... Read More quick and wonderful and I highly recommend going here. The dressing rooms are not great, but they are fine. The prices are great and the selection is vast. They only got a 4.9 because they do not let you take photos of any of the dresses unless you buy them. Not sure what this policy is for, but it is silly and kind of annoying. But all in all, I was very pleased with the shop and adored my dress! Try this place out!!

Very Helpful

Reviewed on 2/08/2013 Anne P

I bought my dress at a davids bridal in Hawaii and they helped me have my dress cleaned quickly before the wedding. It looked great!

LOVE this bridal shop

Reviewed on 1/15/2013 Ibsen L

I could have bought my dress anywhere and I thought this ghetto little shop on convoy next to one of my favorite Vietnamese restaurants wouldn't have been it. I was completely wrong though! 2000 dreams has excellent quality branded dresses and the best service I experienced... Read More throughout my entire wedding-planning experience. Make an appointment so that they are ready for you, you don't have to but should. Andrew has great advice that is useful and practical. He and Wendy are a great team that are honest and make sure that you are going to be absolutely gorgeous for your special day. Highly, highly recommend this bridal shop.

Don't judge a book by it's cover

Reviewed on 9/09/2012 Joanna S

This may not be the most glamarous bridal shop in town, but they are very sweet and patient. I tried on at least 50-100 dresses before finding my dress in this store. I shopped alone a lot because all of my family and bridesmaids were in another state - a sales girl named... Read More Angel was literally my "Angel" and helped me find my perfect dress. Great customer service and they also have some good sample sales. I got my alterations done here and my pictures of me in my dress dress don't look perfect, but I lost more weight in between the last fitting so I don't know what exactly went wrong.

good

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Veronika E

good service

not many choices

Reviewed on 8/13/2012 Patricia L

didn't really like this place, although dresses weren't expensive

They have a great selection of dresses.

Reviewed on 8/05/2012 Amber M

I loved my dress that I got from here. Although the salon is nothing fancy, they have a lot of great dresses at great prices. They also have great service. I told the consultant what I was looking for, and seriously the second dress she pulled was the one I picked. I had... Read More previously gone to Bridal and Veil, told them what I wanted and they never brought me the dress I bought, although they had it in stock. Definitely go here over Bridal and Veil!

Dress

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Amy E

I found my perfect dress! Not to expensive and alterations were done nicely and inexpensive as well.

Such nice people!

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 Andrea P

I went to this shop for my bridesmaid dresses. Although they didn't have all of the dresses I wanted in store, they were able to order them. The owner and his wife helped solve any problems we came across. The woman there somehow made all of the dresses fit beautifully even... Read More when I thought there was little hope.

WOW!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2012 Eleanor H

Made an awesome dress for me and family. Good prices and very patient.

They picked out my dress!

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Valerie M

I had started looking at bridal gowns in Sacramento, and had found one I really loved that I wanted my (now husband) to see and give his opinion on. Only one shop in the San Diego area had it - the 2000 Dreams Bridal. When we walked in, they had already pulled the dress, as well... Read More as another dress that the guy in the shop thought I might like, seeing as how the dress I wanted to see was a little unique. Well, the dress I had originally wanted still looked great, and I still love it - but the one he had pulled for me (before even meeting me) ended up being "the one". I wasn't able to find this dress at -any- shop in Sacramento to show my bridal party, but it didn't matter - everybody fell in love with it and thought it was gorgeous. If you know what you want out of a dress, tell them! They'll find it for you.

2000 Nightmares

Reviewed on 9/03/2011 Angela P

After waiting a bit long to purchase my dress, I ended up being thrilled with a Maggie Sottero gown that I purchased as a sample at 2000 Dreams Bridal Shop. The staff was really nice and everything seemed fine, even up until my last alteration. Since it was a lace-up, I only... Read More needed alterations in the bust and hem. I left the gown at the shop for two weeks(1st mistake), then picked the gown up the day before the wedding without trying it on again(2nd mistake). Forty minutes before the wedding the back panel lacked 2 inches from snapping and the hem was 2 inches too long. I called the shop but all they could do was tell me to drive the dress over(an hour each way) and they would "try" to repair it. They also suggested I must have gained weight(I lost weight as most brides do!) and later when I sent the pictures of the dress with the 30+ safety pins and double-sided tape used by my coordinator to hem the dress, they claimed I must have worn different shoes(I didn't). I asked for the $350 back for alterations that didn't quite make it the two weeks the dress was out of my sight but they declined saying whatever happened to the dress happened when it was out of their shop. Whatever you do, don't have your dress altered there!! I feel sick every time I think of that last stressful hour before my ceremony and of the two times I stepped on the front of the dress walking down the aisle(before my coordinator came to the rescue). My otherwise perfect day was marred by the thought of this defective dress I was wearing.

Hidden gem

Reviewed on 9/03/2011 Gillian B

I wasn't planning on buying a "wedding dress," however a friend who bought her dress here recommended I give it a try before getting something 'off the rack.' I went in with some pictures, they allowed me to go through all the racks in the store, and I tried on 10 dresses--#4... Read More was my dress. They tend to have more ball gown/fuller dresses, but I bought my exquisite slim A-line ivory dupioni silk Maggie Sottero for a GREAT value as part of their sample sale. The staff was friendly and helpful and their alterations were perfect. My 'off the rack' dress fit like a glove and wowed all in attendance on the big day.

My Tuxedos

Reviewed on 8/08/2011 Elizabeth M

The tuxedos looked great. I loved the khaiki color and it matched perfectly with the dresses.

Dress review

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 Brianna F

Loved working with 2000 Dreams! They are great at what they do. I got my dress, veil, shoes and bracelet all at the shop and loced it all! The only thing negative I can say is my dress didn't looked pressed when I picked it up and was very wrinkled.