24 carrots catering and events

Serving All Of Southern California

Phenomenal food, outstanding service and insanely extraordinary presentation. After all, you deserve the absolute finest. From creating the perfect menu to full-service event planning we'll take care of it all...and leave you feeling absolutely delighted. Welcome to 24 carrots...

$$$

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

Menu Tastings, Servers, Food + Catering

17851 Sky Park Circle, Irvine, CA
Serving All Of Southern California

Absolutely the best wedding food I have ever had!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Kristin M

Yes, I know, I can be biased because it was my wedding, but when every guest RAVES about how good the food was, and not a single complaint, I'll stand by it - it was the best wedding food I have ever had! The tasting was so wonderful, and a professional environment. They let us try several things and tweak the menu here and there. We went with a buffet service to cut down on the cost and help speed up the dinner process and it ended up working perfectly! We did a pre-set salad so when people entered the reception, they could eat right after a prayer was said and during the toasts. We worked with Lynn at first, but she was promoted, so we had Shelby and Kimberlyn. Both were professional, friendly and answered all of our questions. It is pricey, but it was so worth it. The entire service staff was so professional, everything went so smoothly. I could not be happier with 24 Carrots - they exceeded our expectations!

Everything we wanted

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Sarah K

I used 24 carrots for my wedding in Palm Springs. I couldn't recommend them more highly. They created the perfect menu for us. One month later, people are still raving to me about how great it was. The staff was professional and took such great care of all our guests. Above all we loved all the planning with our coordinator, Nicole. I strongly recommend working with her. She was well organized and very mellow. She even helped keep my mom calm! If you want to do something distinctly "you" - please consider 24 carrots. My husband and I are so glad we did.

Unforgettably Delicious

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Mandy H

24 Carrots did such an incredible job at my friend's wedding, from start to finish. It's very rare that I am impressed with the food at weddings, just because it's often boring in selection and mediocre in flavor. However, 24 Carrots made me want to tie the knot just to have another night of their incredible food. Well done!

Incredible!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Michella T

We had 24 Carrots cater our wedding at Rancho Las Lomas in August 2014. Our experience was absolutely phenomenal! From the bacon wrapped scallops to the fig and mascarpone purses during cocktail hour to the excellent prime rib and salmon during the reception, everyone thoroughly enjoyed the cuisine and just raved about it! This was a huge compliment since we had guests from all over the US, Spain, Germany and Switzerland with all different types of tastes. The service was impeccable as well. During our cocktail hour they followed my groom and I around, making sure we always had something to drink or eat. Did I mention all the smiles when they whipped out the mini hamburgers, hot dogs, and french fries for our late night dance party?!

DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 annie h

Great experience and the food was great. I liked the appetizers the most!

24 Carrots

Reviewed on 12/26/2012 Amber H

Rancho Las Lomas will only allow you to use 24 Carrots for catering, which made us leery of booking, we like to be able to shop around. We negotiated with 24 Carrots at the time of booking Rancho Las Lomas, and because our wedding was in the off season, they were able to negotiate pricing with us and even threw in a few extras. By the time we signed, they were able to bring the total cost of the venue+catering down to within $3K of our 2nd choice venue, so we went ahead and took the leap, and we felt like we were getting a good deal even though the pricing was expensive. Our coordinator Lynn was also very patient with us as we went back and forth, line item by line item, through our contract before signing. I think we are a lot more detail-oriented than most customers, and Lynn looked at everything and explained everything patiently. Mid-way through the process, Lynn was promoted and we had a new contact, Nicolle. We did our tasting after we had already booked. Nicolle showed us some options that we had available on charger plates and linens. After we had spent quite a while looking at all the combinations, Nicolle informed us that the ones we picked were not the ones included in our package and would cost extra (hundreds of dollars extra). Luckily, our wedding coordinator had given us a tip to charmeuse linens that were shiny and rich looking but were half the price of the pink tuck that Nicolle had guided us to. Nicolle also sent me pricing (in an email) for charger plate options, and we picked a mid-priced charger plate (white with a silver band). Lynn contacted me to inform me that she was taking over our wedding because Nicolle was no longer with the company. When Lynn took over, she informed us that Nicolle had put in the wrong charger plate price and also that the staffing hours were changing based on the details of our event (e.g., we were serving cake and our milkshake shots later in the night not immediately after dinner -- doesn't everyone do it later?). We were frustrated with 24 Carrots, it seemed like every time we turned around, something was costing extra. I believe them that there is fine tuning when you get to the end of the process, but this was on the order of several hundred dollars on top of all our other expenses, so we had had it with extra costs this late in the process. Lynn worked hard to balance staffing costs and they gave us a different charger plate at cost to keep the cost down. I recommend to 24 Carrots that they change their mode of doing business into a price per person rather than line iteming out everything, it was a big headache for us because we pay attention to the details. In the end, we ended up not tipping Lynn and the wait staff because we felt that we had paid enough to 24 Carrots with all the "fine-tuning". The staff did a good job and I feel guilty that we did not tip them, but we were out of budget and could not keep extending the money. 24 Carrots had told us in the beginning that the staff was paid well and did not expect a tip so I guess it's OK. Overall, the guests all said that the food was delicious and hot and the wait staff did a good job. They really liked the compressed salad and our signature cocktail.

so yummy!

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Nicolette K

The tasting was super professional and so yummy! They went out of their way to tweak the menu options by switching a dressing or going light on the salt. It was perfect! The food at the wedding yielded rave reviews! We received compliments on the quality and variety. The venue even made sure to snag us (Bride & Groom) a plate full of appetizers as they knew that we were too busy to get a chance to eat them. We were thrilled!

Wedding Catering

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 AnnaMarie G

We used 24 Carrots for our outdoor Malibu wedding and could not have been happier. The food was amazing! ...and the service & professionalism were incredible. Kimberlyn was very easy to work with.. she fulfilled all of our requests and went above and beyond to ensure our day was magnificant! We received so many compliments on everything from the food, to the 'setting' and the service.. We decided on food 'stations' for our wedding - this gave everyone a chance to eat when they wanted and choose from a variety of different foods.. the guests loved it! Thank you to Kimberlyn and 24 carrots for making our day truly unforgettable!!

Amazing Caterers

Reviewed on 8/23/2012 Jess F

24 Carrots provided all the food, linens, chairs, bar, and other rentals. Everything turned out perfect at our wedding. The food was amazing. We had a Mexican Buffet and the amount of food that each person received was more than I could have ever expected. Each person got rice, beans, chips, salsa/guacamole, fajitas, and enchiladas. There was also enough left over for seconds. The food was incredible as well. The enchilada was so good and I wish we could have taken left overs home. The staff is also amazing. They are super friendly, professional, and personable. They kept checking up on myself and my husband and making sure are drinks were filled and and if we needed seconds.

Caterer

Reviewed on 7/26/2012 Eduardo G

Only exclusive vendor used by site. Kept raising prices on us and constant battle to keep them honest about the final prices. Food was excellent. Waiters and staff were a joy. Unfortunately, the hidden fees kept putting sour taste in negotiations.

2012-07-27T17:17:53 Response from the vendor

Hello Eguzman8531, I am one of the owners here at 24 carrots and I'm very concerned by some of what you wrote. I've also looked up to see which wedding this was for on June 21st, and we actually did not have any weddings on... Read Less Read More

amazing food and service

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 Jessie H

These guys are the best. Food is delicious and the presentation is stunning. Not only that, but they worked with me on different options and were willing to let us taste different things until we really found what we loved. They took our feedback from the tasting and adjusted things on the day - so we had beautiful and delicious food for everyone! Thank you!!

Amazing Food!

Reviewed on 4/18/2012 Denell P

Overall, 24 Carrots was awesome! I was a bit worried at first that people would think that the Mexican food was cheesy, but EVERYONE complimented me, although I didn't make it, on how great the food was! We didn't get to have any of the hor'devours but I know from the tasting that they were amazing! We did get to sit down and enjoy our dinner. They had a team that plated and served our dinner, and even a team that went up to the suites to get the bridal party drinks and hor'devours. Everything tasted amazing. We did the Pablano Chicken which was nice and moist. We had buffet service and it looked like people were moving through the lines pretty quick. All in all- the service and food was great! 24 Carrots owns the venue so you have to use them for your food, but it's not a bad thing. They may be a little pricey, but you are getting good quality food and it all tasted great!

Excellant service

Reviewed on 3/06/2012 Amy Z

We knew 24 carrots would be a little pricier than some other caterers but we wanted to have the highest level of service and trust they would handle the details. We were so happy with their service from planning, to execution of the table set ups and all the little stuff in between. They are very professional and on top of it all, the food was AMAZING.

Not your typical wedding food...WAY better!

Reviewed on 2/15/2012 Aimee L

First of all, I wanted to try everything on the menu. After hours of salivating over the entire menu, we were able to narrow down our choice to the Southern Hospitality buffet. It was a different choice than I had ever seen at a wedding and we love southern food. The food at the tasting was so good and they let you take home the leftovers!! On the actual day, the food tasted exactly like the food at the tasting (which I'm sure it hard to do when cooking for masses). All of our guest still talk about the food and say it was the best wedding food...many even went back for seconds! Absolutely delicious!!!

Wedding at Franciscan Gardens

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Christine W

I'm torn because, obviously the food at our tasting was much better than what we had at our reception. Part of it was probably because we had buffet rather than plated. The beef brisket that we had was amazing but I'm not sure I was really blown away by anything else. I was extremely hopeful because the food was soooo so good at our tasting. Nothing was bad of course. I would say if food is really important to you, then avoid going with buffet because it just doesn't taste the same when it come from a big tray of food. But you do get more quantity and people can go back for seconds. The late night kobe beef sliders were amazing but the ahi tuna tacos were too salty. So a little hit and miss unfortunately for me. Maybe we just didn't order the right things off the menu. Cost was great for food and drink. They separate rentals and staffing which means you don't have to pay tax on it but it adds a lot extra in the end than just the pricing of food/drink.

2011-11-14T01:16:33 Response from Taryn, the member

Buffet at a wedding? Tacos? Sliders? I wouldn't take wedding advise from this bride. EWWW!

Top Notch Catering

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 Kathryn N

My husband and I were very impressed with 24 Carrots. From our first meeting on, they were professional, organized, and provided high quality service. We had some last minute changes before our wedding and they were willing and able to accommodate us and easy to work with. And, the food served at the reception was amaaazing! We received so many compliments from our guests!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/01/2011 Kristina B

24 Carrots catered my wedding at the most beautiful franciscan gardens in San Juan Capistrano. When we went to the food taking for the wedding I felt like a queen. The presentation of the food was out of this world. It did not only look amazing, it tasted great too! When it came to the wedding day, my guests could not stop raving about how wonderful the food was! I had been to so many weddings were the food was awful, and I was not going to let that happen on our wedding day. We were so very blessed to have them cater our wedding. Anne was so helpful and kind! You Rock!

food

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 talia s

we had to use 24 carrots with our venue but we loved them! a little expensive but the food was outstanding and our planner was very attentive and helpful.

Phenomenal food and appetizers

Reviewed on 6/28/2011 Carly J

Jami at 24 Carrots was an absolute pleasure to work with! She made this process very easy and enjoyable. We were taking pictures during the cocktail hour, but everyone was raving about the appetizers, especially the kobe beef sliders and lamp "lollipops". Dinner was very good, just not as great as the tasting (which makes sense serving 180 people in comparison to just 4 people).

Fabulous Staff

Reviewed on 2/10/2011 Melissa H

Heather was my event coordinator and she was amazing! She wasn't there on the night of my wedding but her assistant was there. They staff was amazing and was there every step of the way. They went above and beyond in clean-up afterwards too!

The Best Caterer in Southern California!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Laura F

I cannot say enough about 24 carrots. They spent an abundant amount of time with me to ensure that I received everything that I was looking for. I went in for a tasting prior to the wedding and they treated us like a king and queen. We were presented with a full meal that replicated the exact meal in which they would serve on our wedding day. I found this to be a much different process than other caterting companies who tossed us into a room with 30 other couples for a group tasting. On our wedding day, the food was served hot and delicious (they cook it fresh onsite) and the staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating. And yes, it was presented and served exactly like our tasting. Our guests are raving about the food and said it was the best meal they have had at a wedding. Thank you 24 carrots, you guys are the absolute best.

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 11/20/2010 Caylin V

The staff for 24 Carrots at The Franciscan Gardens in San Juan was phenomenal! Hands down I could not have had a wedding without them. Jami Willis was my contact there and she walked me through food, linens, the contracts for everything! Any question I had she got me an answer, and that is exactly how the whole staff is. The property is beautiful and they are doing even more renovations to make it even better. It's a little on the expensive side if you are on a tight-tight budget but I think it's worth every penny and everyone should at least look at it!

Very good and professional

Reviewed on 11/03/2010 Melissa K

Everything provided by 24 carrots was great! But the best part was the people. Everyone was so easy to work with, friendly and efficiant!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/19/2010 Jeannette M

I can't believe how wonderful my friends wedding was due to 24 carrots. You guys are amazing. :D

Incredible service and food!

Reviewed on 10/19/2010 Lauren M

My guests are still raving about the delicious food, and excellent service. 24 carrots not only takes care of the catering, but also the furniture rentals. We worked with Lynn who was extremely organized, flexible, and helpful throughout our entire planning process and wedding.

TO 24 carrots catering and events