A Photographic Memory

New Hampshire, Boston, New England & Destination,Nationwide

When you never want to forget...

A Photographic Memory has been in business for 20 years. We work with our clients to build a package that fits their needs and their budget. We provide award winning service for an affordable price. We work all over New Hampshire and the Boston area, and also do wedding and honeymoon destinations.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

250 Commercial Street , Manchester, NH New Hampshire, Boston, New England & Destination,Nationwide (888) 436-8648
INSTAGRAM

Stop looking for anyone else! Best decision of our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Olivia S

My daughter the bride and I browsed through endless photo galleries in searching for our photographer. We attended expos etc, and were searching for someone great, but we were on a budget. We kept noticing that the photos that would have us oohing and aahing were always from... Read More Dave Soucy APM. We decided that since the day would be over quickly, what we would take from it forever were the photographs, so it was worth getting the best. We could not be more happy with our decision. The process was simple. There was no need for much back and forth communication, because you knew from the beginning that he knew what he was doing, and man does he ever! Included in our package was our photo booth, and an engagement shoot, done by Eric. These pictures were amazing. The day of the wedding, we were just awed by how efficient, and expert Dave Soucy was in capturing exactly what he needed , paying attention to the most small details, and really taking the time to make sure the bride looked her best, and was comfortable. Somehow Dave and Eric captured the wedding, making it look almost magical! They were like phantoms in the room, you hardly even noticed they were there, and yet they captured the most incredible shots! They somehow even made the cold overcast day we had look bright and beautiful. Usually you have to wait many weeks anticipating your photos, hoping they came out great, but APM put out "teasers" on Facebook the NEXT DAY!! We got to see and be amazed at over 100 photos and share them on Facebook for so many people who were not at the wedding! That was a true gift and even as of this writing we have not seen all of our photos, but I couldn't even wait til then to write a review, because the photos I have seen are enough to tell me that we made the BEST decision hiring this amazing photography group.

2015-06-11T14:16:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review A Photographic Memory! We are honored to have captured the most important day of your lives! When you never want to forget...

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Kayla E

I cannot say enough about APM! Our photographers were Melissa and Nicki. Our families are still raving about our photos. Both Nicki and Melissa created natural and beautiful shots. They were accommodating and made me and my husband feel comfortable. Most of the day we did not... Read More even know that they were there. They were unobtrusive, but still able to take pictures that came alive and that we will be able to cherish for the rest of our lives. I would recommend APM to anyone looking to work for an incredible team who takes amazing photos!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Kayla E

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Julie A

APM was incredible from the start. Our photographers were Eric and Melanie and they both were nothing short of amazing. For our engagement shoot we had to reschedule last minute (about 1.5 before our scheduled time) due to weather issues and Eric was more than accommodating .... Read More APM ended up running a promo with albums after we booked with them, they ended up honoring the promotion and included 2 albums with our package. The day of the wedding Eric and Melanie were just awesome. They both knew what they were doing, Eric was very organized in terms of the different family/wedding party photos we needed, which was awesome. My husband said Melanie was awesome with the guys and was really nice to work with. Everything flowed well. There really isn't anything negative to say about APM, they are super responsive and a pleasure to work with!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Lauren C

We had two great experiences with APM. First, our engagement shoot with Eric and Melanie was beyond anything we could have imagined. They took our idea of a "starry night" theme and made it come alive! Eric had so many great ideas to get beautiful pictures at sunset,... Read More silhouettes, sparklers, dancing on top of a hill, and others that gave us an album we will cherish forever. Melanie was amazing to work with, as well. She was the lead photographer for our wedding, along with her assistant Shelby. Both were absolute pro's- offering suggestions throughout the day but also staying in the background and letting the "cameos" reveal themselves. They were fun and friendly, and blended in with our guests perfectly. I thought Melanie's artistic touch really added to the day, and I love the moments that were captured. APM is trustworthy. Hire them, explain your "vision," and just let them do their thing. They are seasoned professionals and will exceed your expectations. You can trust them to capture memories for a lifetime.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Kimia S

Dave and Shelby did such an outstanding job with our wedding photography. We had a very long day planned with multiple photo locations. They followed us everywhere and took the lead in directing everyone. The photos came out amazing! We had a super early start and Dave... Read More messaged me the day before to assure us that they arrived at a hotel nearby and will be with us at 7am! APM took most of the stress out of our big day. Our guests loved Dave & Shelby and multiple people came up to me to say the APM team was fantastic. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Sara G

We absolutely LOVED the photographers, they helped us feel comfortable and got some amazing shots. They blended in with our guests when it came time for candid shots of the dancing. I can say nothing but good things about this company. We also had a package with a photo booth... Read More and thought it was the best investment to add to our evening!

2017-06-29T13:14:55 Response from the vendor

It was our honor to have captured so many memories for you both!! Thank you for choosing APM!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Jessica R

There is not enough space to write the kind of review the team at APM deserves. From the engagement shoot, to our hectic schedules making even phone meetings difficult, to the big day itself, we knew we were in great hands! Within minutes, our photographer, Jim, was creating... Read More magic in the cold winter air with the two of us already being drastically sick. You wouldn't even know! The preview firework shot has me DYING to see the rest, especially the shots Jim LITERALLY laid down, face first, into the dirt to get,...that's dedication! Things went so smoothly that I didn't even know the two photographers were there! Who can say that!? From the start, Dave went out of his way to make sure we got our dream team for the big day, and we certainly didn't make things easy between family emergencies, the loss of our beloved dog, wedding craziness, and a new job making me virtually unreachable. Even under these circumstances, I know WITHOUT A DOUBT that we chose the most passionate, talented, and genuine company on the planet!! Couples heading into planning chaos, choosing this unbelievable group to capture your important day will DEFINITELY take the stress out of things! I wish I could get married all over again, just to have these wonderful, genius men and women in my life again. The day really does go by in a blink like, and you miss a lot of moments in all the craziness, but I feel so humbled and assured that the APM team didn't miss a thing! Stop searching, comparing, or wondering, and book them NOW! I can tell you with 200% certainty, it will be the best decision you make! Thanks again!! ❤️

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Bridget F

What an incredible experience we had with APM! We met with Dave and decided to go with Jim and assistant Nicki for our wedding. They were so professional, incredibly accommodating and so easy to deal with. We have already received the sneak peek for our wedding photos and the... Read More APM team exceeded our expectations by far. I feel so lucky to have found APM and would recommend them to anyone who is still searching for a wedding photographer. We will absolutely use APM for any photography needs in the future and can't wait to see the rest of our photos!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Michelle K

Thank you Melissa and Niki for making our day so amazing ! You do amazing work and the picture you captured are just amazing ! We can't wait to see all the pictures! Your fun and enthusiastic personality made our day flawless! Thank you !

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Shana A

Eric and Melanie shot my wedding and made our day so special! I loved how most of the time I didn't even notice they were there. Cannot thank them enough!

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Tamara T

I cannot say enough about A Photographic Memory. My husband and I had Melissa and Nikki for our photographers and they over exceeded our expectations. Both were extremely accommodating and professional our whole wedding day. Melissa even shot our engagement session and we had... Read More the best time! Nikki fixed my broken wedding dress bustle! Our wedding day was awfully cold, rainy, and windy. We wanted to take some pictures outside because of the beautiful foliage. I was FREEZING and Nikki gave me her jacket to stay warm! When we got our pictures back, I couldn’t believe the quality and variety of pictures taken. I would HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone looking for a photographer that will go above and beyond for you! Thank you so much to Melissa and Nikki for your fabulous work! Tamara and Zack

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Christine D

We had an amazing experience with APM! They made the process so easy from engagement photos to our wedding day! The photographers we worked with knew our venue and the prep process in general better than we did and therefore were able to walk us through it seamlessly! They took... Read More amazing photos and never once interfered with anything. It was a pleasure to have them involved in our special day! We had kids in our wedding as well and the photographers were so patient with them! All of our pictures came out amazing! I highly recommend APM!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Cassandra D

APM was amazing from the start! Since I got engaged I wanted Dave Soucy to do my wedding photos, He was already booked for the day I was getting married but referred Jim to us. Jim was amazing! I was very stressed out the day of my wedding and he calmed me down and told me... Read More exactly what he wanted from me for pictures. It made the whole process go very smooth! the camera never stopped throughout the night making sure to capture everything! I cant say enough good things about Jim and the APM team!! thanks again

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Jen J

We used A Photographic Memory for our wedding photos and had a fantastic experience with them so far!! Melissa and Nate were our two photographers on our big day and they were both great. We had worked with Melissa for our Engagement photos, which came out amazing, so I knew we... Read More were in great hands for our wedding! They were able to capture everything without being intrusive at all. They worked with us to capture both sunset and fireworks photos outside of our venue on the beach, as we requested, all while making sure we didn't miss too much of our reception. So far we've seen about 20 photos from the Sneak Peek - and they are all AMAZING. I can't wait to see the rest! The company has been great to work with as well. My mom was able to surprise us with an enlarged print from our Engagement session as a Christmas gift - and APM helped her and did an excellent job, all while keeping it a surprise for us! Their packages are easily customizable to provide exactly what you want, and nothing you don't. We are very happy with our choice using APM and we would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Emily Anne S

When we were looking for a photographer it was a no brainer to go with APM. Dave and Taylor did our wedding photos and we couldn't have been more pleased. They went above and beyond their photographer duties and gave me water and food in between shots because I was feeling... Read More faint from the heat. I truly can't thank them enough. Not only were the accommodating to me, but to the entire bridal party. At the end of the night everyone in my bridal party couldn't say enough wonderful things about how AMAZING Dave an Taylor were throughout the entire evening. Thank you for helping make our day so special. I highly recommend APM for any future events!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Heather M

We had Brittany and Melissa for our wedding and they were both great! We are so happy with how everything turned out and the photos came out amazing! My cousin and a friend of mine also used them as well and I was in both weddings. Different photographers for all three weddings... Read More and I can say they were all AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016

The very first thing I did after getting engaged was to book A Photographic Memory as our photographers (Dave had done some family photos a few years ago and my sister-in-law said her biggest wedding regret was not having APM photograph her wedding). It was hands down the best... Read More wedding decision we made! We had Melissa and Nate as our photographers and they were completely amazing in every single way - from interacting with the guests (especially the cranky kids!), to making us feel comfortable in front of the camera, to guiding us through picture taking to make sure we got all the right shots and didn't leave anything out - these guys were AMAZING. They were patient, professional, easy-going, and after seeing the pictures - extremely talented! Working with APM was easy from day 1. I called to book and they put us on their calendar right away. I even called and emailed them for advice when deciding on a venue since they have done weddings pretty much everywhere in New Hampshire. Every single person I spoke to in the office throughout the year before the wedding were helpful and went above and beyond to make me feel like the most important bride. I loved that Melissa called us the week before the wedding to go over the details and make sure she knew the order of events. It was great to talk through everything ahead of time so that I knew I didn't have to worry about organizing anything related to the photographers the day of the wedding. We gave her a short list of all the shots we wanted to be sure to get, which she of course did, and then part way through the evening of the wedding I added even more to that list and she went out of her way to make sure we got all of them. The typical booking is 4 hours, but we extended to 5 and that was the perfect decision. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't all just formal photos of people posing - I wanted pictures of my friends and family dancing, doing the garter/bouquet toss, everything! Again, these guys are absolutely the best. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Tori R

Dave and his team are absolutely amazing! The first time I met him was at a wedding expo. There were a ton of photographers there, but the moment I saw their booth I knew they were the ones I wanted to capture one of the most important days in my life. So far I have only seen... Read More the sneak peak from my wedding and I am already in love. I CANNOT WAIT to see everything. Thank you Dave and team!!!

2016-07-07T19:57:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tori for taking the time to write this nice review! We are honored that you have chosen APM to capture the special moments when you never want to forget...

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

I chose to use A Photographic Memory to capture our wedding day this past Saturday. The staff always is quick to respond to you, helpful, friendly and followed up with me frequently and asked many questions to make sure that my photographs would be exactly how I wanted. I picked... Read More Jim to be our photographer and he was assisted by Nate. I have not even seen our wedding pictures yet and can tell you that I am already so pleased and happy that I had chosen this company to capture our big day. Both photographers were extremely professional, organized, personal and most importantly fun to work with!! They made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and had us laughing all day!!! Jim is beyond creative, the way he used the scenery of our reception venue was amazing. He went above and beyond in capturing the beauty of our wedding day! Not only did he do an amazing job in capturing beautiful pictures of my bridal party, family and husband and I, but I saw him also photographing the small details of my wedding that I was not able to fully appreciate from being so busy/distracted with the craziness of the day. Jim is great at what he does, and it shows how much he loves to do it. I cannot wait to see our wedding pictures!!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Chastity C

APM did an amazing job photographing our wedding! Eric was our main photographer and was very attentive and even dealt with the people who were complaining of how hot it was during formal pictures 😁 so far we have only seen the teasers but they are amazing!!!

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 Nicole S

Dave and James came down for our destination wedding and from the moment they stepped foot on the island they began working – they explored the island and scoped out the wedding venue to ensure they were fully ready to photograph our big day – I don’t think they ever stopped... Read More working while they were down there! They attended the rehearsal, and with their incredible eye, were able to suggest some critical changes to the layout to ensure the wedding day photos would come out perfectly. On the day of the wedding, Dave and James executed flawlessly. They quickly blended into the background, getting all the best shots, but were always there to lend a hand or provide a suggestion when needed. Dave and James were both extremely professional, polite, friendly, creative, and efficient. My mom, who was very nervous about all the photography, grew to love the two of them and how at ease they made her feel, and our wedding party had a blast with them. They made sure to get all the key photos we requested, but also went above and beyond with endless creative ideas for poses and shots, some of which became hilarious memories from our wedding week! They are exceptionally talented, and always knew how to capture the moment, whether it was the first look with the bridesmaids, an artistic shot in an old sugar mill, the opening of a card to the groom, or the treasured moments during the ceremony and reception. Their photography skills are second to none – the photos they showed us on the day of the wedding, as well as the sneak peek albums we received five days later, were nothing short of incredible and I can’t help but look at them daily! Between the colors, the lighting, the angles, and our wedding party, our photos are absolute perfection! We are so thankful we were able to have Dave and James photograph our wedding; having them at our St. John wedding was one of the best decisions we made as they truly captured all the memories we never want to forget!

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Larissa M

After my husband and I saw wedding photos that were taken by APM we knew we had found the photographer we wanted for our own wedding! Eric and Brittany did an AMAZING job photographing our wedding in January. We are so so so happy with all of the pictures they took and the... Read More memories they captured. They were so creative and wonderful to work with. They were also extremely helpful throughout the day! I HIGHLY recommend APM for any photography services. Thank you so much Eric, Brittany, & the rest of the APM staff!!

APM is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Ali T

I cannot say enough amazing things about APM!! The entire experience from start to finish was just fantastic. Every single person I interacted with was personable, pleasant, and professional. We had Eric and Nate photograph our wedding on 10/11/15 and we also had a photo-booth... Read More through APM (which everyone loved!). I also did a boudoir shoot with Brittany who is incredible!! The photographers were amazing and truly captured our special day without a hitch. They were easy to work with and made a point to ensure they captured any photos we wanted to be sure to have. Teaser photos were put on facebook just 3 days after the wedding - I was blown away!! The pictures are so amazing and I am SO glad I chose APM. I cannot stop staring at them and am very excited to see more. Incredible value and every single penny was worth it. I would recommend them in a heartbeat - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Jessica V

Amazing Pictures! My husband and I were married over Labor Day weekend at The Oaks. The venue recommended APM. I went to see Dave, the owner, at their beautiful space in Manchester. He was professional, informative and I felt comfortable trusting him and his company from... Read More the start. Tim did our engagement photos and Eric was the main photographer for the wedding. We just received the wedding photos back and couldn't be happier with the results. They did an excellent job and I would recommend them to any couple. Thanks again APM!

Dave Soucy

Dave’s passion for photography extends well beyond simply taking photos. Noticing his talent around the age of 15, he decided to put it to use. While photographing friends and family, he soon found that there was something more that he wanted to do with it. Dave became completely immersed in photography and worked for several photo labs while fine-tuning his skills. Soon he decided that it was time to move on and start his own business photographing weddings and portraits. His photographic style is second to none, and he is always willing to go the extra mile to capture your perfect memory.