A Photographic Memory

New Hampshire, Boston, New England & Destination,Nationwide

When you never want to forget...

A Photographic Memory has been in business for 20 years. We work with our clients to build a package that fits their needs and their budget. We provide award winning service for an affordable price. We work all over New Hampshire and the Boston area, and also do wedding and honeymoon destinations.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

250 Commercial Street , Manchester, NH New Hampshire, Boston, New England & Destination,Nationwide (888) 436-8648
INSTAGRAM

Stop looking for anyone else! Best decision of our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Olivia S

My daughter the bride and I browsed through endless photo galleries in searching for our photographer. We attended expos etc, and were searching for someone great, but we were on a budget. We kept noticing that the photos that would have us oohing and aahing were always from... Read More Dave Soucy APM. We decided that since the day would be over quickly, what we would take from it forever were the photographs, so it was worth getting the best. We could not be more happy with our decision. The process was simple. There was no need for much back and forth communication, because you knew from the beginning that he knew what he was doing, and man does he ever! Included in our package was our photo booth, and an engagement shoot, done by Eric. These pictures were amazing. The day of the wedding, we were just awed by how efficient, and expert Dave Soucy was in capturing exactly what he needed , paying attention to the most small details, and really taking the time to make sure the bride looked her best, and was comfortable. Somehow Dave and Eric captured the wedding, making it look almost magical! They were like phantoms in the room, you hardly even noticed they were there, and yet they captured the most incredible shots! They somehow even made the cold overcast day we had look bright and beautiful. Usually you have to wait many weeks anticipating your photos, hoping they came out great, but APM put out "teasers" on Facebook the NEXT DAY!! We got to see and be amazed at over 100 photos and share them on Facebook for so many people who were not at the wedding! That was a true gift and even as of this writing we have not seen all of our photos, but I couldn't even wait til then to write a review, because the photos I have seen are enough to tell me that we made the BEST decision hiring this amazing photography group.

2015-06-11T14:16:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review A Photographic Memory! We are honored to have captured the most important day of your lives! When you never want to forget...

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Shana A

Eric and Melanie shot my wedding and made our day so special! I loved how most of the time I didn't even notice they were there. Cannot thank them enough!

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Tamara T

I cannot say enough about A Photographic Memory. My husband and I had Melissa and Nikki for our photographers and they over exceeded our expectations. Both were extremely accommodating and professional our whole wedding day. Melissa even shot our engagement session and we had... Read More the best time! Nikki fixed my broken wedding dress bustle! Our wedding day was awfully cold, rainy, and windy. We wanted to take some pictures outside because of the beautiful foliage. I was FREEZING and Nikki gave me her jacket to stay warm! When we got our pictures back, I couldn’t believe the quality and variety of pictures taken. I would HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone looking for a photographer that will go above and beyond for you! Thank you so much to Melissa and Nikki for your fabulous work! Tamara and Zack

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Christine D

We had an amazing experience with APM! They made the process so easy from engagement photos to our wedding day! The photographers we worked with knew our venue and the prep process in general better than we did and therefore were able to walk us through it seamlessly! They took... Read More amazing photos and never once interfered with anything. It was a pleasure to have them involved in our special day! We had kids in our wedding as well and the photographers were so patient with them! All of our pictures came out amazing! I highly recommend APM!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Cassandra D

APM was amazing from the start! Since I got engaged I wanted Dave Soucy to do my wedding photos, He was already booked for the day I was getting married but referred Jim to us. Jim was amazing! I was very stressed out the day of my wedding and he calmed me down and told me... Read More exactly what he wanted from me for pictures. It made the whole process go very smooth! the camera never stopped throughout the night making sure to capture everything! I cant say enough good things about Jim and the APM team!! thanks again

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Jen J

We used A Photographic Memory for our wedding photos and had a fantastic experience with them so far!! Melissa and Nate were our two photographers on our big day and they were both great. We had worked with Melissa for our Engagement photos, which came out amazing, so I knew we... Read More were in great hands for our wedding! They were able to capture everything without being intrusive at all. They worked with us to capture both sunset and fireworks photos outside of our venue on the beach, as we requested, all while making sure we didn't miss too much of our reception. So far we've seen about 20 photos from the Sneak Peek - and they are all AMAZING. I can't wait to see the rest! The company has been great to work with as well. My mom was able to surprise us with an enlarged print from our Engagement session as a Christmas gift - and APM helped her and did an excellent job, all while keeping it a surprise for us! Their packages are easily customizable to provide exactly what you want, and nothing you don't. We are very happy with our choice using APM and we would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Emily Anne S

When we were looking for a photographer it was a no brainer to go with APM. Dave and Taylor did our wedding photos and we couldn't have been more pleased. They went above and beyond their photographer duties and gave me water and food in between shots because I was feeling... Read More faint from the heat. I truly can't thank them enough. Not only were the accommodating to me, but to the entire bridal party. At the end of the night everyone in my bridal party couldn't say enough wonderful things about how AMAZING Dave an Taylor were throughout the entire evening. Thank you for helping make our day so special. I highly recommend APM for any future events!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Heather M

We had Brittany and Melissa for our wedding and they were both great! We are so happy with how everything turned out and the photos came out amazing! My cousin and a friend of mine also used them as well and I was in both weddings. Different photographers for all three weddings... Read More and I can say they were all AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016

The very first thing I did after getting engaged was to book A Photographic Memory as our photographers (Dave had done some family photos a few years ago and my sister-in-law said her biggest wedding regret was not having APM photograph her wedding). It was hands down the best... Read More wedding decision we made! We had Melissa and Nate as our photographers and they were completely amazing in every single way - from interacting with the guests (especially the cranky kids!), to making us feel comfortable in front of the camera, to guiding us through picture taking to make sure we got all the right shots and didn't leave anything out - these guys were AMAZING. They were patient, professional, easy-going, and after seeing the pictures - extremely talented! Working with APM was easy from day 1. I called to book and they put us on their calendar right away. I even called and emailed them for advice when deciding on a venue since they have done weddings pretty much everywhere in New Hampshire. Every single person I spoke to in the office throughout the year before the wedding were helpful and went above and beyond to make me feel like the most important bride. I loved that Melissa called us the week before the wedding to go over the details and make sure she knew the order of events. It was great to talk through everything ahead of time so that I knew I didn't have to worry about organizing anything related to the photographers the day of the wedding. We gave her a short list of all the shots we wanted to be sure to get, which she of course did, and then part way through the evening of the wedding I added even more to that list and she went out of her way to make sure we got all of them. The typical booking is 4 hours, but we extended to 5 and that was the perfect decision. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't all just formal photos of people posing - I wanted pictures of my friends and family dancing, doing the garter/bouquet toss, everything! Again, these guys are absolutely the best. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Tori R

Dave and his team are absolutely amazing! The first time I met him was at a wedding expo. There were a ton of photographers there, but the moment I saw their booth I knew they were the ones I wanted to capture one of the most important days in my life. So far I have only seen... Read More the sneak peak from my wedding and I am already in love. I CANNOT WAIT to see everything. Thank you Dave and team!!!

2016-07-07T19:57:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tori for taking the time to write this nice review! We are honored that you have chosen APM to capture the special moments when you never want to forget...

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

I chose to use A Photographic Memory to capture our wedding day this past Saturday. The staff always is quick to respond to you, helpful, friendly and followed up with me frequently and asked many questions to make sure that my photographs would be exactly how I wanted. I picked... Read More Jim to be our photographer and he was assisted by Nate. I have not even seen our wedding pictures yet and can tell you that I am already so pleased and happy that I had chosen this company to capture our big day. Both photographers were extremely professional, organized, personal and most importantly fun to work with!! They made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and had us laughing all day!!! Jim is beyond creative, the way he used the scenery of our reception venue was amazing. He went above and beyond in capturing the beauty of our wedding day! Not only did he do an amazing job in capturing beautiful pictures of my bridal party, family and husband and I, but I saw him also photographing the small details of my wedding that I was not able to fully appreciate from being so busy/distracted with the craziness of the day. Jim is great at what he does, and it shows how much he loves to do it. I cannot wait to see our wedding pictures!!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Chastity C

APM did an amazing job photographing our wedding! Eric was our main photographer and was very attentive and even dealt with the people who were complaining of how hot it was during formal pictures 😁 so far we have only seen the teasers but they are amazing!!!

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 Nicole S

Dave and James came down for our destination wedding and from the moment they stepped foot on the island they began working – they explored the island and scoped out the wedding venue to ensure they were fully ready to photograph our big day – I don’t think they ever stopped... Read More working while they were down there! They attended the rehearsal, and with their incredible eye, were able to suggest some critical changes to the layout to ensure the wedding day photos would come out perfectly. On the day of the wedding, Dave and James executed flawlessly. They quickly blended into the background, getting all the best shots, but were always there to lend a hand or provide a suggestion when needed. Dave and James were both extremely professional, polite, friendly, creative, and efficient. My mom, who was very nervous about all the photography, grew to love the two of them and how at ease they made her feel, and our wedding party had a blast with them. They made sure to get all the key photos we requested, but also went above and beyond with endless creative ideas for poses and shots, some of which became hilarious memories from our wedding week! They are exceptionally talented, and always knew how to capture the moment, whether it was the first look with the bridesmaids, an artistic shot in an old sugar mill, the opening of a card to the groom, or the treasured moments during the ceremony and reception. Their photography skills are second to none – the photos they showed us on the day of the wedding, as well as the sneak peek albums we received five days later, were nothing short of incredible and I can’t help but look at them daily! Between the colors, the lighting, the angles, and our wedding party, our photos are absolute perfection! We are so thankful we were able to have Dave and James photograph our wedding; having them at our St. John wedding was one of the best decisions we made as they truly captured all the memories we never want to forget!

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Larissa M

After my husband and I saw wedding photos that were taken by APM we knew we had found the photographer we wanted for our own wedding! Eric and Brittany did an AMAZING job photographing our wedding in January. We are so so so happy with all of the pictures they took and the... Read More memories they captured. They were so creative and wonderful to work with. They were also extremely helpful throughout the day! I HIGHLY recommend APM for any photography services. Thank you so much Eric, Brittany, & the rest of the APM staff!!

APM is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Ali T

I cannot say enough amazing things about APM!! The entire experience from start to finish was just fantastic. Every single person I interacted with was personable, pleasant, and professional. We had Eric and Nate photograph our wedding on 10/11/15 and we also had a photo-booth... Read More through APM (which everyone loved!). I also did a boudoir shoot with Brittany who is incredible!! The photographers were amazing and truly captured our special day without a hitch. They were easy to work with and made a point to ensure they captured any photos we wanted to be sure to have. Teaser photos were put on facebook just 3 days after the wedding - I was blown away!! The pictures are so amazing and I am SO glad I chose APM. I cannot stop staring at them and am very excited to see more. Incredible value and every single penny was worth it. I would recommend them in a heartbeat - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Jessica V

Amazing Pictures! My husband and I were married over Labor Day weekend at The Oaks. The venue recommended APM. I went to see Dave, the owner, at their beautiful space in Manchester. He was professional, informative and I felt comfortable trusting him and his company from... Read More the start. Tim did our engagement photos and Eric was the main photographer for the wedding. We just received the wedding photos back and couldn't be happier with the results. They did an excellent job and I would recommend them to any couple. Thanks again APM!

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Julie P

Since the moment I met the APM team at a bridal show, I knew they were more than photgraphers. They are down to earth and really care about their job. Brittany and Melissa were our photographers. The day of the wedding, they did more than what we asked for or could imagine.... Read More The two of them were a great team and very professional. They kept asking if we wanted anything more. (um no, they have done enough!!) We just got our photographs in the mail. It took 2 months. I know people that have waited six months!!!! Overall, I love this team and would recommend them to everyone. When our family grows, I can't wait to have them to take pictures. Thanks APM!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Deven B

Melissa did a fantastic job taking our engagement pictures! They all came out beautifully and we can't decide which ones we will use for our save the dates! Melissa made us feel comfortable and relaxed. Another wonderful aspect of APM is how fast and efficient they are! Our... Read More wedding isn't until July, but I know that our wedding photos will be perfect! So far, every experience we have had with APM has been excellent and I'm sure they all will be in the future. Absolutely no regrets with booking them as our photographers!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Ericka T

I must jump right into this review and say look no further! Coming from someone who did extensive research on photography companies for my wedding and yes, I am one of those who solely relies on referrals rather than reviews, however this is the exception. My husband and I had... Read More the honor of having Dave and Melissa photograph our wedding and just as I expected I was completely blown away by my photos. I was very adamant about having someone I felt comfortable with photographing our wedding as well as engagement photos. Meeting Dave for the first time was like meeting with an old friend. We instantly hit it off and kept in touch throughout the entire year and a half up until the day of our wedding. My entire wedding party and guests still talk about our photography team to this day! How amazing and fun they made our experience. In addition to taking amazing photos they are absolutely great at handling big crowds. (Coming from an extremely large Greek and Colombian family) they had no issue in taking charge and direction as well as making sure all formal photos ran smoothly and that all the correct people were present to do so. (I cannot stress how important that is day of your wedding) I would absolutely use A photographic memory for all future events . From the bottom of our hearts we cannot thank you enough for making the most important day of our lives so memorable! - Thank you Ericka & Gregory

October 11th 2015

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 kristin g

We found APM st a wedding show held at the venue we used. We loved all their photo books and awesome, fun ideas they had. We booked them for the whole package; engagement shoot, boudoir shoot, and the wedding. The engagement shoot was so much fun, we met Tim outside at a park... Read More and just walked around, talking and being ourselves. The photos turned out beautiful. I then had the boudoir shoot, which I was so nervous for, but I brought a friend and Brittany was wonderful. She made it not a weird experience. I made my fiance a photo book for a wedding gift, which he loved! Then it was time for the wedding pictures, we had Melissa & Eddie and between their ideas and ours we had a blast, I can't wait to see all the final pictures. We got teasers the other day and I am so pleased with them already. They captured every emotion, and grouping of friends and family I could think of. We had alot of fun messing around with pictures where we used sparklers to write stuff. I loved how they all worked with us to get all the pictures right, even if it didn't feel right at first. They all have an eye for what they do and I would trust them with any photo shoot in the future as well.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Lauren

Words cannot describe how impressed we are with A Photographic Memory. From the first moment we walked into the studio, to our wedding on October 3rd, my husband and I knew we were making the right decision by choosing APM to capture our special day. Our wedding day was our... Read More first time meeting with our photographers, Melissa and Shelby. All I can say is, WOW! These FABULOUS women captured the most AMAZING moments on our wedding day. The teaser photos are nothing short of PERFECTION. We have received many compliments already, which is why we are sending a HUGE shoutout to our photographers and the entire APM team. Every team member that we have met with or talked to has been super professional, understanding, and genuine! Also, the photo booth was such a big hit at our wedding. We had them stay an extra hour because our guests were having such a fun time with it. Some of the best wedding planning advice I received was not to "skimp" on the photography. I am so glad that I took this advice to heart, because my husband and I will have the most BEAUTIFUL photographs to cherish and to share with family and friends! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Nothing short of amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Christin L

I had followed APM for years knowing that one day when I started planning my own wedding, that I would have them there. Anyone that has followed Dave and team's work couldn't say that what they do is anything less than amazing! Jim was our photographer on the day of our wedding... Read More and he was AWESOME! He was so creative and most of all - so patient (I have 3 girls - 3 yr old, 2 yr old & 5mon old so you can imagine how hectic things got for a bit!) He captured so many gorgeous shots! I still look through the pictures every day! I have people CONSTANTLY telling me our wedding pictures were breathtaking! Ahhh!! I get more excited even thinking about it! Dave made a point to tell me that the pictures taken on our wedding day are the memories we get to walk away with and help us relive that day. He was 100% right! We HIGHLY recommend APM to everyone! Worth EVERY penny!! Thank you so much APM!!!

Beyond Impressed!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Faith C

I had Eric & Melissa as my wedding photographers and I could not be happier with my decision! Eric was so helpful, making sure every little detail was thought of so that we could have the best pictures possible. Any special requests were met and he even had his own funny and... Read More creative ideas that I LOVED (think husband on the ground with a golf ball and tee in his mouth and me "swinging" with a driver)! Eric and Melissa were professional, helpful, and kept me from stressing because I knew they would capture every picture that I wanted and even some I didn't know I wanted! Some sneak peek pictures have already been posted and they came out absolutely amazing so I can't wait to see what the final results are but I do know that you will not be disappointed if you decide to have A Photographic Memory at your wedding! I had a phone conference with Dave (the founder of the company) before booking so he could go over everything with me which was very helpful and this was followed up by some more informative emails and then another conference call a few days before the wedding to make sure everything was taken care of and it sure was! My wedding day was the best day of our lives and I can say that Eric and Melissa and A Photographic Memory were a huge part in making that dream come true!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

I wish I could give 10 stars for this review!!! Not only were the pics incredible but the staff really outdid themselves. My husband and I met with Dave two years before our wedding and fell in love with his work and passion for photography. Dave also helped us with choosing all... Read More of our vendors. Not only does he just book weddings, but he is Great at helping you choose the best vendors our there. Brittany & James were our photographers for our August 29th wedding. They captured so many amazing memories that we will fully cherish forever. We are completely blown away by every one of our photos and that is only from the teasers. Dave and his team really know how to roll out the red carpet and give the bride and groom just what they need to make their day one they will never forget. One thing my husband and I both have said is that your photos are the most important part of your day because it's the only piece of your day that you have to look back on. Thank You Brittany, James, Dave & the entire team for making our day one we will never forget.

2015-09-10T09:22:44 Response from the vendor

We are so glad that we have captured every thing you wanted on your special day ! We always treat every special day like its are own ! Thank you again for choosing APM !!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015

Hi Dave, My husband and I would like to give a HUGE Thank You, to you, Eric and Olivia for making our son and new daughter in law’s wedding a day to remember! We don't even know where to begin.....from your professionalism, your creativity, staying on task and getting the job... Read More done. You certainly can tell that you LOVE your job! The teasers that we have seen on Facebook are absolutely beautiful. We have had more people comment on just how gorgeous your shots are. We can't wait to see the rest!! You and your team should be proud of your work and what a wonderful business you have built! The photo booth was soooo much fun! Our family and friends are still commenting on it. And the surprise book that you made up of everyone’s silly pictures for the bride and groom is awesome. They can look at those for years to come and get a laugh out of them!! The entire day/night was so stress free due to how you do your job! Everything went off without a hitch. Thanks again for making their wedding a true ‘fairy tale’ for them and all of us! It was such a pleasure meeting you and the dedication you put into their day was 'over the top' for sure!! We certainly will tell anyone we know with an upcoming event to contact you. Thank you, thank you!

2015-08-18T18:44:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing APM! It was an honor to have captured the most important memories when you never want to forget! We love what we do in every aspect. Thank you again Dave Soucy

Dave Soucy

Dave’s passion for photography extends well beyond simply taking photos. Noticing his talent around the age of 15, he decided to put it to use. While photographing friends and family, he soon found that there was something more that he wanted to do with it. Dave became completely immersed in photography and worked for several photo labs while fine-tuning his skills. Soon he decided that it was time to move on and start his own business photographing weddings and portraits. His photographic style is second to none, and he is always willing to go the extra mile to capture your perfect memory.