Cuisine

Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Passed Appetizers, Servers, Food + Catering

6727 Heritage Business Court, Chattanooga, TN (423) 296-4204

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Leigh P

The food was very good, and the staff was incredibly helpful. They even made plates for the bride and groom so that we could actually eat at our reception.

Reviewed on 1/04/2016

Silverware Affair catered out recent wedding, and I couldn't be happier. They were fantastic to work with, and were very gracious in every interaction with us. Their food and service was great on the day of our wedding, and they thoughtfully set aside to-go boxes for my bride... Read More and myself, just in case we didn't have time to eat. A big thanks to Silverware Affair for going the extra mile!!!

Delicious food

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 Angela W

We loved this vendor! The food was delicous and all of our guests loved it.

Excellent seated wedding dinner

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Laura O

A Silverware Affair catered our Knoxville wedding and we could not have been happier! The food was delicious, of good quality, and visually was displayed very well. We did passed appetizers, open bar, a seated 3-course dinner, and a late-night pizza and pie station with them.... Read More Their staff was helpful, efficient, professional, fun, and did a wonderful job!

Really Good Food!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014

My wedding was a large wedding of 250 guests and so we wanted a wide variety of foods for our budget. The people that work there created a great menu that was within our budget and we were so happy with it...my groom wanted filet and he said it was the best ever....Im a... Read More vegetarian so I loved all of the special sides they made for me...its all homemade and beautiful as well as tasty! My venue said they left it cleaner than when they came. So super happy we chose them and I felt bad its taken me this long to saw how awesome they were!

Incredible from Start to Finish!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014

I chose A Silverware Affair as they were recommended to me by several people and after doing research, they seemed like the perfect fit for me. I met with them to discuss my event and they offered me lots of ideas and were so helpful. Every staff person I met was so nice and... Read More they seemed to genuinely care about everything, even the silly little things. I felt so comfortable with them, I knew it would be wonderful. The day came and the caterers, of all people, were the ones helping us get down the aisle, helping with my sister's dress, going so far above what they were supposed to do, it was amazing. Everything was WAY better than we had hoped for and it exceeded my every expectation. All of my guests still talk about the food! I loved working with this vendor and will recommend them to anyone!!!

Appetizers for Wedding

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Stephanie L

I used this vendor for appetizers only for my wedding. While they did respond to my emails quickly, the main receptionist was very rude. Additionally, before I signed the contract, I told them my max price per person, later I adjusted the head count from 190 to 170 and removed... Read More one of the appetizer items and they said "It would be the same price" because the reduced head count decreased the discount per item. I still agreed to sign the contract, which includes a space for tip, additionally the email mentions tipping and that industry standard tipping is 20%, we tipped 15% before the service was performed, which we should not have done. The contract also states that you can revise the head count up to 21 days before your event, I called 22 days before the event to decrease the head count by 30, the receptionist told me "We DO NOT do head count decreases. Sorry, this is not an option, you are legally bound by the contract". I then spoke with the manager who also told me they would not decrease the head count. I explained that the contract said 22 days, she said it was only for headcount increases and again I already paid and was legally bound by the contract. The food was ready by the time they promised however the scallops and bacon were undercooked. Morale: I would not recommend them or use them again. Additionally, on other websites where I have review her, the owner tried to say I marked the event as a corporate event, which is not true. The quote says "Wedding Reception". I also expressed my concerns to the owner who told me "You signed the contract"

Food was as good as Grandmas!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Felecia B

I can't begin to express how grateful I am for A Silverware Affair. They provided great decorations for the buffet and the whole team of staff members were so polite. Everything was taken care of on time. The best part of it all was the food. All of my guests the night of and... Read More the weeks following have been telling me how much they enjoyed the food. It was so delicious!! A Silverware Affair will take awesome care of you for your big day!!!

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 nicole g

This catering company is awesome. The planner was easy to work with. They have a wide variety of menu choices. They have two venues to choose from as well. The catering staff was very kind, and attentive to my guests. They were very helpful and understanding with last minute... Read More changes in plans.

Fabulous food and amazing service!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Lindsey W

A Silverware Affair catered my wedding reception. When talking to other brides they complained about the planning process but with ASA even from the start it was so organized and stress free. They helped me in choosing the perfect menu (WHICH WAS AMAZING). All of my guests loved... Read More the food. The staff could not have been anymore professional and speedy on taking care of things. I HIGHLY recommend ASA!

I would recommend to any parent planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

I had taken over the wedding planning for my daughter because she has a very busy work schedule and A Silverware Affair was so great at answering all of my questions and helping anyway they could. The menu I chose was so delicious and I couldn't be happier with the customer... Read More service.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Sarah P

A Silverware Affair catered our wedding last month and the entire experience was wonderful! I cannot express in words how easy they were to work with and our guests are still talking about the food to this day! I have already recommended them to many of my friends who recently... Read More got engaged!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Jennifer L

A Silverware Affair was great to work with! They were so helpful from the beginning and answered any questions I had almost immediately. The staff that were with us on our wedding were professional and very helpful. We weren't able to do a food tasting beforehand, but the... Read More food was delicious! Our guests were raving about the food and wanted to go back for more! We would recommend them for any event!

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Trisha D

I planned a somewhat "destination wedding" because I live about 2.5 hours a way from Where I got married, so everything had to be done remotely. The food is usually the most expensive part of a wedding so it was a bit nerve wracking, to say the least. I worked with Hailey and... Read More she made the whole process awesome for me!! They delivered everything she said they would and I literally never had a single hiccup with them. The food was great, presentation was beautiful and the customer service blew the others WAY out of the water. I highly recommend Them for any event you have!!

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 LeAndria S

Thank you Silverware Affair for creating the perfect cocktail hour and reception for my wedding! The guests raved about how amazing the food was! I appreciate your dedication and professionalism in helping me create the wedding of my dreams!

bride

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Lindsey B

I do not have enough good things to say about this company!!! They were very helpful throughout the process! I frequently emailed with questions and changes, and they were always quick to respond and help! Shirley was fabulous planning the layout of our event. We rented all our... Read More linens, tables, and chairs from them as well- it was great to have everything delivered, set up, and packed up without having to worry about a thing! The decor they provided on the buffet tables went perfectly with our wedding theme. THe staff was very professional, polite, and friendly during the reception. I would highly recommend using them for any type of catering event!

Great food with the friendliest of staff

Reviewed on 5/23/2014 Sara Beth T

The staff at "A Silverware Affair" helped us create a tasty and comprehensive menu within our budget. We had many guests comment on how great the food was at our wedding! Throughout the reception, the staff were attentive to our guests and our needs. They were so nice and... Read More friendly - we couldn't have asked for a better caterer!

Could not be happier!

Reviewed on 1/03/2014 Sarah P

We could not be happier with A Silverware Affair. The main thing that I was thinking about when hiring a caterer was how the food would taste, which was delicious. But A Silverware Affair was much more than that. Their team is amazing. We had rented tables, chairs, place... Read More settings etc. and hired them to setup the room with rented items and flowers. When they were done with the room it looked better than I had imagined. The buffet that they setup was decorated beautifully. I had made suggestions of how I wanted the room set up. They made some adjustments when they got there which was much better than my original plan. They were on top of everything. If a guest had spilled something before you knew it someone on their staff was cleaning it up. They made the day run so smoothly. Do not think twice about hiring them!

Best Food EVER!

Reviewed on 9/04/2013

Our experience with this vendor was great! We had the tenderloin of beef and it was to die for! Worth the splurge totally! They were very responsive to our questions (and we had a lot!) and our updates/changes! Best customer service of all the vendors we chose! Thanks a million... Read More for a great day!

Our Fantastic Wedding!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Sherry Lasseter L

From start to finish, we had an excellent experience with A Silverware Affair. Their response time to my questions was unbelievable. All of the staff from the people I dealt with in the office to the crew that worked the actual event were all so professionally and helped my... Read More fiance and I every step of the way. We couldn't have asked for more . They are HIGHLY recommended by us! A+!

Thanks for your help in advance.

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Zandra M

A Silverware Affair Catering is a pleasure to work with. They are so responsive/professional and really fun to work with. Their food is amazing! When we were planning, there were no hidden fees, everything wasn't an add-on...it was all very up front and clear and easy to... Read More understand. Our crew arrived early and even helped with details they weren't supposed to when they were finished and ready for our reception. Then they had our venue cleaned up within 40 minutes after the reception was over. We told them we wanted "Southern Gourmet" and they knew exactly what to do! The staff the evening of the reception were great. The bartenders and waiters were professional - and we even got them to handle all of our alcohol which was a blessing because they have the license to do that (we couldnt find anyone else who did) so we didn't have to run around all day dealing with that!

Priceless Day!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Dw G

Our wedding day was so beautiful and we cant thank A Silverware Affair enough for all of their hard work over the past year in helping us achieve exactly what we wanted! Our guests have raved about the food, the service was wonderful too, and most of all, my family and my fiancé... Read More and I got to truly enjoy one of the most special days of our lives because they took care of everything. And that cant be replaced!

My Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Brandy A

They are a wonderful catering service and are professional. They made the planning seem so easy. We got our tables and chairs, dishes and glasses, basically everything through them and it made it SO much easier to only deal with one company for everything. They also did all of... Read More our food, alcohol, staff, and bartenders and it was all perfect and such a relief to my family and me. As for the food, delicious! Our guests said it was the best wedding food they had ever had! Thanks to A Silverware Affair for everything.

100% Recommend! Fantastic Food and Service.

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Gabe P

This company was wonderful to work with every step of the way. The food was absolutely delicious as well as the presentation lovely. It was exactly what we wanted and we thoroughly enjoyed our first evening together as husband and wife at our reception. They went above and... Read More beyond to make sure everything was taken care of and the night went flawlessly because of their hard work.

2013-08-24T10:31:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our request for a review! Wishing you a happy 2nd anniversary! We appreciate your willingness to share your experience with other brides on this site so they can make great decisions like you did!... Read Less Read More

What an Excellent Silverware Affair!

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Jimbo A

Shirley and her team were astounding. We had a super fun time booking them and planning with them. They were always there to help answer our silly first timer questions. The food the evening of our wedding was delicious - so many guests said wonderful things about the food! They... Read More were one of our favorite vendors for sure! We would certainly recommend them to anyone - if you have found them and are reading this - look no further!

2013-08-24T10:37:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on this site and helping us out so quickly! Wow! We love our clients! This is great! Wish you all the best and have a wonderful honey moon next week! So exciting!