Abacus Studio (Photography + Video + Photo Booths)

New Jersey, New York and tri-state area

Trusted to capture your most important life evnts!

Abacus Studios, trusted to capture your most important moments of your life! Abacus Studios offers each couple personalized service and years of award winning experience. Our staff will ensure your special day is captured with the highest level of professionalism and creativity in the wedding and event industry, without breaking the bank. Our passion for what we do is clearly seen in our reviews, left by couples just like you. Call or e-mail us today for pricing and availability.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100
89b4bce0 bda6 4223 b3d9 9d3775a488c9~rs 100

4475 South Clinton Avenue, South Plainfield, NJ New Jersey, New York and tri-state area (908) 822-1220
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Theresa H

I was recently married on 11.24.17 and my husband and I could not have felt more comfortable with leaving such an important part of our wedding in the hands of Abacus Studios. Rewinding about two years prior we had engagement photos done with Michele. She is fabulous. We did... Read More them at Watchung Reservation. It was almost like hiking with another one of our bestfriends. She was so good capturing us and our dog so that we could use them for save the dates. For the wedding Michele called about a week prior letting me know she looked through all my pinterest boards and lists on exactly what we wanted. The day of the wedding she showed up prompt and excited to photograph our day. She is more then just a photographer. More like another bridesmaid. There was a mishap with my dress and one of the clips broke. She was there with my mom holding my dress together while my mom sewed it together. No other photographer would probably be there to help like that. At the church she made taking photos after the ceremony a breeze so we could quickly be on our way to our venue. She is simply amazing. Was able to capture the entire day and I only needed one photographer. She even stayed past her 8hr call because the cake cutting didnt happen yet. She is over the top amazing and Abacus studios should be your top choice for your wedding and other photo needs. Our wedding photos we received about ten days after the wedding which is very prompt. They are also local. Alex who owns the company is fabulous as well. Very very personable and responds quickly to emails and phone calls. Literally any concern we had was taken care of in a timely manner. Highly Highly Recommend

2017-12-08T10:04:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you. It is reviews like this, that help reinforce the things we do on a daily basis, to ensure our clients have the best experience possible. Alex

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Fran S

I would highly recommend using Abacus Studios for your photos. I was very impressed so far with the process. Their responsiveness to questions by answering emails and phone calls. The flexibility when it came to payment and making later appointments to accommodate our work... Read More schedules. They were willing to work with my fiancé and I spending additional time to capture our vision. They are very knowledgeable and very family oriented. Doug came up with great ideas where we should take the photos. He was earlier than our appointment and made sure we got some great shots. Doug was great taking pictures with my family. My daughter is almost 4 years old and it's hard to always capture her attention. His patience with her was great. He captured family shots and well as shots with my fiancé and I. I am so excited to see the photos from the wedding. I can only imagine if these photos came out this well for the engagement.. I can't wait for our wedding.

2017-12-08T10:07:21 Response from the vendor

It is great to hear that our products match the high level of service we provide. Thank you for your feedback!.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Erika H

I cannot say enough great things about Abacus Studios! Alex, the manager of the studio, is a great communicator, extremely friendly, and provides top-notch customer service every step of the way. We elected to have both the photography and videographer package which was... Read More provided to us at a very reasonable rate compared to other vendors. Alex was very flexible and made every effort to work with our budget. He even agreed to match another vendor’s offer which we were extremely appreciative of. Michelle was our photographer on the day of our wedding. Everyone loved her and kept talking about how awesome she was! She took amazing pictures and made everyone in the bridal party and our families feel at ease. She made sure to get all of my requested photos and we have endless beautiful shots to choose from for our album. We received a link to our online picture gallery and got a dvd of our images in the mail within 2 weeks after our wedding – very fast and efficient! John was our videographer – he was very non-intrusive and I hardly noticed he was even videotaping! I can’t wait to get the edited DVD! I’m so happy we chose Abacus studios as our photographer/videographer vendor! I highly recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Brittney C

Abacus Studio was/is amazing! We had Michelle as our photographer, we've never met her prior to our wedding day but we felt as if we've known her for years. She also was a life saver for my zipper on my wedding dress and my husband's shoe laces. The best part was within a week... Read More after our wedding, abacus studio sent the digital copy of all our pictures. They look amazing!

2017-12-08T10:06:14 Response from the vendor

It is important to our company that you feel as comfortable as possible,which makes you more photogenic and the entire day a more pleasurable experience.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Erica P

Abacus was amazing from start to finish! Alex was excellent to work with in planning for the big day. Michelle was an absolutely amazing photographer, and she was even super helpful with getting ready. I felt like she was one of my bridesmaids! The photos came out unbelievably... Read More beautiful. We had a wedding at the Jersey shore, and the beach shots are exactly what I imagined! I cannot say enough good things about this photography group!

2017-12-08T10:06:46 Response from the vendor

As I tell every couple. I am here for you from the time you start working with Abacus and well past your wedding! Alex

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Colleen S

I used this company for my wedding. From start to finish I was very pleased with my choice. I met with Alex to book. He was very accommodating to my needs. I had John and Doug for my photography and videography package. Both called me two days prior to the wedding to confirm... Read More times and locations as well as talk about any ideas I had. The day of they were there capturing the moments but were not in the way. I received my pictures online within a week of the wedding. I can not want to see the sneak peek of the video. I would highly recommend this company.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Kerry S

We just recently had our engagement photo shoot (11/4/17) with Michelle and my fiance and I cannot say enough great things about how the day went! Michelle was friendly and funny right from the get go. She made us feel 100% comfortable the entire time, and we just had a blast... Read More with her. Michelle was extremely creative with the different poses she had us do, and with the different spots within our venue to take photos. We did our engagement shoot at Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ, which is a huge place and Michelle took her time with each photo and had no problem with walking around the grounds trying to find all the good spots for photos. She was extremely patient and thorough. I highly, highly recommend using Abacus Studios as your engagement/wedding photographer. They definitely do not disappoint! :) Also, I need to commend Alex, as well for his work with us. When we first met with him, he was extremely friendly and thorough with explaining all the different packages and everything Abacus Studios has to offer. He has answered every phone call and email right away and has always answered all questions. Again, I definitely recommend using Abacus Studios! :)

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Gina L

When we first met Alex, the owner of Abacus Studios, we were impressed not only with the quality of his studio’s work, but also with his enthusiasm, warmth, and sincerity in working with our budget. We have booked Abacus Studios for our wedding's photography, videography, and... Read More photo booth. As part of our package, we received a free engagement photography session. Doug, the photographer who took our engagement pictures, likewise gave great service and guidance. He suggested the place where we ultimately would have our engagement pictures taken, after learning that we were originally planning to have it somewhere that would charge us a fee. The venue that he suggested was a beautiful park with a botanical garden, bridge, and other spots that made for amazing pictures. It was everything that we could have wanted, and it did not cost anything. Through Doug’s eye and guidance, he got us into many different poses that felt natural. We have gotten so many compliments on the pictures from our engagement session that we now have the “problem” of choosing which ones to use for our Save the Dates. And of course, we are asking Alex and his team to design these Save the Dates, as we know that we are getting amazing value at a great price. We highly recommend Abacus Studios, and are looking forward to working with Alex, Doug, and the team for our wedding this July!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Melanie P

My husband and I DEFINTIELY recommend using Abacus Studios as your wedding photography vendor. We got married at the Crystal Plaza on September 22, 2017. We selected Abacus studios for our photographers after sitting with Alex, he was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and really made... Read More us feel comfortable. We weren’t 100% sure what we wanted in terms of photography package and he was awesome in talking through all the options! We ended up going with their Deluxe Photo Package and booking our photo booth with them as well as engagement photos. Throughout the whole process Alex and his team were extremely responsive to all our questions! Both Michelle and Lynette were amazing! From the time they each arrived to the end they had great idea and vision for our photos and were efficient with our time throughout the day. We just got the preview for our photos and they are AWESOME! It is impossible to select our favorite, they are really beautiful, but also capture the personalities of our family and friends and how wonderful the whole day was. We can’t wait to get our prints!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Anneka E

My husband and I got married on August 11, 2017 and we chose Abacus Studios to capture the moment and we don't regret it one bit. They provided A1 service through the entire process. We met Alex back in January and he welcomed us with open arms. He made us feel so comfortable... Read More and he did not pressure us to book with him which we liked. He listened to our needs and he made it all happen. It was a pleasure working with Michelle, John and Doug. They were all so pleasant and professional throughout the entire day. Michelle was with me from bridal preparation to the reception. She is absolutely amazing and would choose her again in a heartbeat. My ladies met her for the first time on our wedding day and they couldn't stop talking about how great she was. Doug took care of my guys prior to the ceremony and they loved working with him. He took some amazing shots at the house. John captured all our special moments via video and he did a wonderful job. We returned from our 10 day honeymoon and received our CD with photos in the mail now that is fast service. You will not be disappointed with Abacus Studios. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Shaina D

We used Abacus for our July wedding. We booked them far in advance and took advantage of their offer for free engagement photos also. Our photographer was Doug, and he did a great job. He sent us an email link of our pictures from both events within 10 days, and we later... Read More received a CD copy that allowed us to print our own pictures. He took a ton of great pictures so we had quite a large selection to pick from! Doug was professional and took all of the specific shots we asked for. He also accommodated our preferred location for first look photos, and was very efficient in getting our photos done before the ceremony so we could enjoy the rest of our day.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Mitchell R

Alex and his team really impressed us throughout the process. Not only did they capture every special moment but they made us feel like we were absolute rockstars! We are so thrilled that we can now look back at remember our wedding day so vividly. Abacus Studio offers a can't... Read More miss photographer and videographer.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Adele G

Look no further for your photographer. This photography company was recommended to me by a coworker. First, Alex is a pleasure to work with. He is easy to reach and responds immediately to any questions/concerns. We had our engagement session with Doug last a week ago and we... Read More were impressed with how easy and fun it was. Doug had a great eye for finding the best places in the park we chose to capture artistic, natural looking pictures. The pictures were fantastic. Thank you again Doug.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Cheryl F

Abacus Studio was phenomenal to work with. They exceeded my very high standards of photography excellence in style, quality and deliver ability. I worked closely with Alex on all aspects of designing the package which would suit our financial constraints as well as what we... Read More wanted - and Doug Davies did a wonderful job on the photos. They are stunning! I can not wait to get prints made of these photos as they are magazine quality pictures. Thank you Doug and Abacus for helping to make our photography dreams of our wedding come true!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Michael N

Michelle is the best photographer they have and highly recommended. Damien who did the videography did an awesome job recording all the important stuff on our wedding day. Lastly Alex is a great guy and will give you the best deal when booking with abacus and a pleasure to talk... Read More with as well.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Melissa F

I just had my engagement shoot with Doug! It was such an awesome time!! I can't wait to see the pictures and I am very excited for my wedding day!! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Lorena E

Michelle did such a wonderful job with our wedding photos. She captured all of the important details and our photos are absolutely stunning! She took so many amazing shots, we do not even know which one to choose! Michelle was so accommodating and friendly from the moment we met... Read More her. She was so relaxed and made our photo taking effortless and fun! I would recommend choosing her to capture your wedding day. You will not be disappointed! We are so thankful for Alex and his awesome staff!

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Michelle P

My husband and I booked Abacus for our 5/12/17 wedding at the Crystal ballroom. From the beginning we felt like we were in good hands as the owner Alex is a very friendly and makes you feel right at home. We got the photography and video package which was very affordable for us.... Read More The day of our wedding we had Michelle for photos and John for video. Michelle did such an AMAZING job with all the pictures she took for us. You can tell that she truly loves her job and is very passionate about photography. She was so sweet and extremely helpful throughout the day. She even helped with getting my dress bustled! John was behind the scene with the video, but he was very professional throughout the day & we cannot wait to see our wedding day through his lens. We are very appreciative of the service both Michelle and John provided for us. We cannot wait until we see our pictures and video! Thank you again for everything.

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Nancy A

I just wanted to take the time to thank you and your staff for an amazing job photographing and videoing our wedding! I forgot our photographers name but she was great! Her energy and enthusiasm was non-stop which made everyone relaxed and pumped up! She was so down to earth,... Read More professional and above all FUN! We loved her!!! Damien the camera man was just as great! He was helpful and attentive. My guest loved the print out photos from our Deadpool "photobooth". I couldn't have asked more and I will definitely recommend your company to anyone looking for photography! I was highly impressed! Thank you so much! From the first consultation to the wedding day, you and your staff were fantastic!

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Iliana C

Michelle was an absolute dream to work with!! Not only was she professional she was relatable and my family even commented to me how nice Michelle was and how she was everywhere we needed her to be without even being asked. Michelle truely made my special day even better because... Read More I knew she was capturing all the moments I wanted. I am so happy I went with not only Abacus studios but with Michelle, she's a rockstar!

2017-03-01T08:41:08 Response from the vendor

Your review and kind words are so greatly appreciated. Michelle works very heard and take beautiful pictures. She takes every wedding personally, which is clearly seen by the experience couples have with her. Great Job Michelle and Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Elizabeth A

Abacus Studios was AMAZING! From the moment we met Alex, we knew we wanted to work with them; he was easy to talk to and understood what we wanted. They also offered very reasonably priced packages as compared to others we had researched. Then the process leading up to our... Read More wedding day was very simple. We had selected Michelle and I can not be happier that we did!! Words cannot describe how fabulous Michelle was! She felt like an old friend and was so incredible to work with during the day; she made everything so easy and seamless. Our bridal party, family and friends all commented on how terrific she was. She captured every special shot we asked for and so much more!! Our pictures are gorgeous and I don't know how we will chose! In conclusion, we highly recommend Abacus Studios and Michelle... you will not be sorry!!

2016-11-28T13:02:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you Liz! I am always thrilled to read reviews which exemplify our commitment to providing each couple with the absolute best service and incredible images. Thank you Michelle and Damian for being so great!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Natasha F

Instant connection with Alex during our first meeting. There was no pressure to sign a contract with him and before I left his office a contract was signed. I love Abacus Studios! The staff are very professional, all my questions were answered timely no matter what time I sent... Read More an email. They were extremely accommodating. I used Abacus for my Engagement Dinner and my wedding. I love the way my photos came out especially my wedding photos. Additional services used was photo booth and step and repeat. My wedding guest loved both options.

2016-11-17T10:29:25 Response from the vendor

Our staff has been together for many years, which is why we have the chemistry needed to provide every couple with a great experience, great service and a great final product! Thank you.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Mia G

Alex's team was amazing from the beginning until the end of our wedding planning process. His staff were excellent, friendly, and knowledgeable. We are so happy with how everything turned out and cannot wait to see the finished products!

2016-11-10T10:50:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind word. Our attention to detail and focus on customer service starts with your first call or e-mail to our studio. I am thrilled to see that your engagement shoot, was a great experience with amazing images. Thank you to Michelle... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Kelly T

Absolutely book Abacus! I found them through The Knot App shortly after I got engaged this past May. With my wedding two weeks ago (10/16/16) I knew back then I was going to have to book quickly. Alex, the owner, responded to my message immediately. He gave me all of the... Read More details/options & was really patient &professional with me with I asked a 1000 questions back and forth every time my parents and my now Husband had questions. I was on the fence with what I had wanted, so I didn't book right away, and not once was Alex pushy or like a car salesman. I ended up picking them because of the great price, the package, & customer service. They were able to make the package to what I wanted & what I was able to afford, plus the photobooth too! I had so many quotes that were outrageous prices, (well over $5000) that I was worried at first at how much more affordable they were, yet I am 100% happy with how the day went, how my pictures came out, and how much I paid- Win Win! My wedding was only 68 people because we wanted it small & affordable- Abacus still treated me just as importantly as any other wedding! My photographer was Michelle, Alex set up the photobooth and we were able to make a timeline of the day with Damian. Everyone was so organized, sent me information, a photo sheet to fill out with important information of my wedding party names, parents names, and even the pictures and ideas I had that I really wanted to do. Day of the wedding came, and Michelle made me feel as though we were best friends- she was happy, supportive, funny, caring, personable and attentive-- never pushy, in the way, missing, or the type that stood out- like many photographers do at a wedding. She captured every "formal" picture that my husband and I wanted, and even did creative shots as well as the usual wedding shots. I had people coming up to me during the wedding asking if I had known her personally because she blended in so well, and was some how able to be everywhere all the time. Within less than 5 days I got my website link ! I browsed while on the honeymoon & within a few days of my final payment I got my cds delivered via mail. I have zero regrets about booking them, I'm so glad I took the chance after seeing them on the knot!

2016-11-03T12:55:45 Response from the vendor

Word cannot express how proud I am to receive such an amazing review. Our commitment to each and every couple is clearly seen in our reviews and I thank both the couple and our amazing staff for providing outstanding products and services, at affordable prices,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Alexa C

Loved working with Alex. Doug and Damian were on time, and they were patient and funny throughout the day. We really enjoyed working with them. Our photos are so pretty and we have so much to choose from. I just got married 10 days ago and I'm already viewing my images. Thanks!

Alex

Kean Graduate. I love to travel and I love people. This is why the wedding and event industry is perfect for me. I have had the pleasure of meeting people from every walk of life and I am excited to see who I will meet next.