Abacus Studio (Photography + Video + Photo Booths)

New Jersey, New York and tri-state area

Trusted to capture your most important life evnts!

You spend months, years, your whole life, planning your wedding. You invest a great deal of time and money perfecting every detail, don't let just anyone capture your wedding day. Abacus Studios will ensure that your memories will be preserved forever! Abacus Studios offers each client personalized service and years of experience you can trust. Our staff will ensure your special day is captured with the highest level of professionalism and creativity in the wedding and event industry, without breaking the bank. Our passion for what we do is clearly seen in our reviews, left by couples just like you. Call or e-mail us today for pricing and availability.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2010

4475 South Clinton Avenue, South Plainfield, NJ New Jersey, New York and tri-state area (908) 822-1220
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Michelle P

My husband and I booked Abacus for our 5/12/17 wedding at the Crystal ballroom. From the beginning we felt like we were in good hands as the owner Alex is a very friendly and makes you feel right at home. We got the photography and video package which was very affordable for us.... Read More The day of our wedding we had Michelle for photos and John for video. Michelle did such an AMAZING job with all the pictures she took for us. You can tell that she truly loves her job and is very passionate about photography. She was so sweet and extremely helpful throughout the day. She even helped with getting my dress bustled! John was behind the scene with the video, but he was very professional throughout the day & we cannot wait to see our wedding day through his lens. We are very appreciative of the service both Michelle and John provided for us. We cannot wait until we see our pictures and video! Thank you again for everything.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Lorena E

Michelle did such a wonderful job with our wedding photos. She captured all of the important details and our photos are absolutely stunning! She took so many amazing shots, we do not even know which one to choose! Michelle was so accommodating and friendly from the moment we met... Read More her. She was so relaxed and made our photo taking effortless and fun! I would recommend choosing her to capture your wedding day. You will not be disappointed! We are so thankful for Alex and his awesome staff!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Nancy A

I just wanted to take the time to thank you and your staff for an amazing job photographing and videoing our wedding! I forgot our photographers name but she was great! Her energy and enthusiasm was non-stop which made everyone relaxed and pumped up! She was so down to earth,... Read More professional and above all FUN! We loved her!!! Damien the camera man was just as great! He was helpful and attentive. My guest loved the print out photos from our Deadpool "photobooth". I couldn't have asked more and I will definitely recommend your company to anyone looking for photography! I was highly impressed! Thank you so much! From the first consultation to the wedding day, you and your staff were fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Mitchell R

Alex and his team really impressed us throughout the process. Not only did they capture every special moment but they made us feel like we were absolute rockstars! We are so thrilled that we can now look back at remember our wedding day so vividly. Abacus Studio offers a can't... Read More miss photographer and videographer.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Adele G

Look no further for your photographer. This photography company was recommended to me by a coworker. First, Alex is a pleasure to work with. He is easy to reach and responds immediately to any questions/concerns. We had our engagement session with Doug last a week ago and we... Read More were impressed with how easy and fun it was. Doug had a great eye for finding the best places in the park we chose to capture artistic, natural looking pictures. The pictures were fantastic. Thank you again Doug.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Cheryl F

Abacus Studio was phenomenal to work with. They exceeded my very high standards of photography excellence in style, quality and deliver ability. I worked closely with Alex on all aspects of designing the package which would suit our financial constraints as well as what we... Read More wanted - and Doug Davies did a wonderful job on the photos. They are stunning! I can not wait to get prints made of these photos as they are magazine quality pictures. Thank you Doug and Abacus for helping to make our photography dreams of our wedding come true!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Michael N

Michelle is the best photographer they have and highly recommended. Damien who did the videography did an awesome job recording all the important stuff on our wedding day. Lastly Alex is a great guy and will give you the best deal when booking with abacus and a pleasure to talk... Read More with as well.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Melissa F

I just had my engagement shoot with Doug! It was such an awesome time!! I can't wait to see the pictures and I am very excited for my wedding day!! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Iliana C

Michelle was an absolute dream to work with!! Not only was she professional she was relatable and my family even commented to me how nice Michelle was and how she was everywhere we needed her to be without even being asked. Michelle truely made my special day even better because... Read More I knew she was capturing all the moments I wanted. I am so happy I went with not only Abacus studios but with Michelle, she's a rockstar!

2017-03-01T08:41:08 Response from the vendor

Your review and kind words are so greatly appreciated. Michelle works very heard and take beautiful pictures. She takes every wedding personally, which is clearly seen by the experience couples have with her. Great Job Michelle and Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Elizabeth A

Abacus Studios was AMAZING! From the moment we met Alex, we knew we wanted to work with them; he was easy to talk to and understood what we wanted. They also offered very reasonably priced packages as compared to others we had researched. Then the process leading up to our... Read More wedding day was very simple. We had selected Michelle and I can not be happier that we did!! Words cannot describe how fabulous Michelle was! She felt like an old friend and was so incredible to work with during the day; she made everything so easy and seamless. Our bridal party, family and friends all commented on how terrific she was. She captured every special shot we asked for and so much more!! Our pictures are gorgeous and I don't know how we will chose! In conclusion, we highly recommend Abacus Studios and Michelle... you will not be sorry!!

2016-11-28T13:02:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you Liz! I am always thrilled to read reviews which exemplify our commitment to providing each couple with the absolute best service and incredible images. Thank you Michelle and Damian for being so great!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Natasha F

Instant connection with Alex during our first meeting. There was no pressure to sign a contract with him and before I left his office a contract was signed. I love Abacus Studios! The staff are very professional, all my questions were answered timely no matter what time I sent... Read More an email. They were extremely accommodating. I used Abacus for my Engagement Dinner and my wedding. I love the way my photos came out especially my wedding photos. Additional services used was photo booth and step and repeat. My wedding guest loved both options.

2016-11-17T10:29:25 Response from the vendor

Our staff has been together for many years, which is why we have the chemistry needed to provide every couple with a great experience, great service and a great final product! Thank you.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Mia G

Alex's team was amazing from the beginning until the end of our wedding planning process. His staff were excellent, friendly, and knowledgeable. We are so happy with how everything turned out and cannot wait to see the finished products!

2016-11-10T10:50:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind word. Our attention to detail and focus on customer service starts with your first call or e-mail to our studio. I am thrilled to see that your engagement shoot, was a great experience with amazing images. Thank you to Michelle... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Kelly T

Absolutely book Abacus! I found them through The Knot App shortly after I got engaged this past May. With my wedding two weeks ago (10/16/16) I knew back then I was going to have to book quickly. Alex, the owner, responded to my message immediately. He gave me all of the... Read More details/options & was really patient &professional with me with I asked a 1000 questions back and forth every time my parents and my now Husband had questions. I was on the fence with what I had wanted, so I didn't book right away, and not once was Alex pushy or like a car salesman. I ended up picking them because of the great price, the package, & customer service. They were able to make the package to what I wanted & what I was able to afford, plus the photobooth too! I had so many quotes that were outrageous prices, (well over $5000) that I was worried at first at how much more affordable they were, yet I am 100% happy with how the day went, how my pictures came out, and how much I paid- Win Win! My wedding was only 68 people because we wanted it small & affordable- Abacus still treated me just as importantly as any other wedding! My photographer was Michelle, Alex set up the photobooth and we were able to make a timeline of the day with Damian. Everyone was so organized, sent me information, a photo sheet to fill out with important information of my wedding party names, parents names, and even the pictures and ideas I had that I really wanted to do. Day of the wedding came, and Michelle made me feel as though we were best friends- she was happy, supportive, funny, caring, personable and attentive-- never pushy, in the way, missing, or the type that stood out- like many photographers do at a wedding. She captured every "formal" picture that my husband and I wanted, and even did creative shots as well as the usual wedding shots. I had people coming up to me during the wedding asking if I had known her personally because she blended in so well, and was some how able to be everywhere all the time. Within less than 5 days I got my website link ! I browsed while on the honeymoon & within a few days of my final payment I got my cds delivered via mail. I have zero regrets about booking them, I'm so glad I took the chance after seeing them on the knot!

2016-11-03T12:55:45 Response from the vendor

Word cannot express how proud I am to receive such an amazing review. Our commitment to each and every couple is clearly seen in our reviews and I thank both the couple and our amazing staff for providing outstanding products and services, at affordable prices,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Alexa C

Loved working with Alex. Doug and Damian were on time, and they were patient and funny throughout the day. We really enjoyed working with them. Our photos are so pretty and we have so much to choose from. I just got married 10 days ago and I'm already viewing my images. Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Trista R

From the moment we met Alex we knew we wanted them to photograph our wedding. There professionalism made us feel very comfortable from start to finish. Michelle was our photographer and her personality fit right in with the wedding party. She made the day that much more special.... Read More She helped us both get dressed and photographed it in a way that made us feel comfortable. She captured every moment of the day in an elegant way. If we had a special request she made it happen. It was truly a pleasure to work with Michelle and the team at abacus!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Sarah T

I could NOT have asked for anything better, our photographer captured exactly what we wanted, she was fun and we all had a great time. Photo turn around time was super fast!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016

Abacus Studio did a great job on our wedding day. I too am a professional photographer in addition to being very meticulous and extremely organized person, so I had a day of time line itinerary laid out down to the minute. Our photographer, Michelle and video-grapher, Damian... Read More had flowed it to the T. (Even though it rained for the most part of the day, the minute it stopped we took advantage of the garden in Nanina's in the Park where I was having my ceremony and reception). Michelle and Damian were extremely friendly and upbeat. My entire wedding party was raving about their friendliness and excitement throughout the day. I wish it could have lasted longer, our day went by so fast. As organized as I was there were some shots I thought of after the fact, but what I had mentioned I wanted, Michelle made sure I got those shots before she left for the night. (For example, I had a cousin who flew in from Italy and I had to make sure I got a picture with him and Michelle made sure that happened). None the less, there will always be something you forget to take a picture of on the day of your wedding, but my overall experience with Abacus Studio was amazing. With the same shooting style as me (thought I did take notes, because we got some really nice shots) I'm happy I hired them for our wedding. Alex the owner, is very friendly and down to earth, so easy to talk to. I emailed him anytime I had a question and he responded promptly. He even popped in during the reception to make sure everything was going to plan. We also had a photo booth that Abacus Studio provided, but with the running around and saying hello to guests, my husband and I didn't have the chance to take any pictures in it, however. We heard our guests had a nice time using it. Because of the rain our reception was cut short. Our ceremony was to be outside but had to move it inside and that took time to set up. If that didn't happen we would have had more time to take photo booth pictures, see more of our guests and ultimately have more time to take pictures outside as I requested, but you cannot predict mother nature. Overall, Andy and I were happy to have chosen Abacus Studio, they did a great job. I give the studio 4 starts because we haven't seen our pictures yet. We can't wait to see them and video. Thank you! Jenny and Andy Lai

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Christina R

Amazing!!! I don't even know where to begin. We are so incredibly happy with everything Abacus provided for us. We had Michelle and Doug for our photography and Damian for our videography. Everyone was so attentive and listened to EVERY request I had for specific pictures. They... Read More knew the timeline and even set alarms to stay on time! We just got our proofs back yesterday and I cried looking at them. The pictures captured everything so perfectly that I felt like it was my wedding day again. We are so excited to see our video and layout our album! I would recommend Abacus to everyone!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Lillian C

Alex, the owner of Abacus Studio, is awesome. He is super friendly, nice, and worked with us on our budget. Great with responding to questions and concerns. We got to work with Doug, Michelle, and Damian. Michelle and Damian were both super friendly and nice and laughed with... Read More us through the whole process which made the day feel carefree and lovely. Doug was definitely more serious but was great at directing shots and making sure he got the best shot. We truly enjoyed working with this team. You can tell it's a small business and they remember their clients and care about their special day. I'm so happy I didn't go with one of the bigger companies that have a bunch of random photographers. We got a TON of pictures from them after the wedding, they captured our wedding perfectly and we were so happy with the results. They were also SUPER patient and accommodating with all my crazy picture requests (one involved the whole wedding party of 18 people running away from the ocean, and they helped us photoshop a shark jumping out of the ocean haha) Would recommend them to any of our family or friends. We actually miss seeing them because they were so nice haha! Miss you guys and thanks so much for a perfect day!

2016-08-02T10:30:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you. I am happy to hear that the things which we believe makes our company great, and the experience couples have with Abacus studios great, is clearly seen and experienced by our clients. Check Out the Shark pic on our facebook page and web... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Sarah D

We had an amazing experience with Abacus Studios for our May 27, 2016. We worked with Michelle and Joe on the day of and they were great. They were easy to work with and the photographs came out amazing. We also found that Abacus was a wonderful value for the service and highly... Read More recommend them to anyone looking for wedding photography!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Susan F

Amazing time!! Michelle was amazing!! Abacus Studios is absolutely amazing and accommodating!! Would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 4/07/2016

We chose Abacus Studios for our Wedding and worked with JC, Michelle and Damian and all the reviews are spot on! They were flexible on what we wanted and the price. On the day of the wedding it was very smooth and we received our gallery the week after our wedding. The photos... Read More are amazing and we cannot wait to begin working on our album. Thank you Abacus!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016

The staff of Abacus studio were awesome. They made my special day even more special. Thank you so much for your work! Love to work with you guys!!

2016-04-04T15:48:21 Response from the vendor

Thank it a privilege to capture a couple wedding. Thank you for your feedback and kind words.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Courtney G

Let me start this off with I hate pictures of myself so I knew finding a photographer for our wedding was going to be a challenge. Abacus studio was the first place we spoke with and they set the bar VERY high for the other studios we met with. I was picky in the sense that I... Read More don't like staged pictures, I think they look set up and not genuine but Alex and team assured me that they would take quality pictures in a style that I would love, and they were right. We worked with Michelle and she was AMAZING. She fit right in with our wedding party and didn't even bat an eye when the groomsman were getting a little crazy while taking pictures. The pictures she took were amazing and I loved every single one of them, it was hard to only pick a handful for our book! She made me feel comfortable taking the pictures and also gave great suggestion of different places we could go to get great shots. I had a little issue that happened while getting out of the car to go to the church (car grease all down my dress) and I was very upset to say the least. She calmed me down (so not part of her job description) and made sure not 1 picture showed the black grease and she delivered! I would recommend (and have) Abacus studio to anyone who is looking for a top notch studio that is responsive and answers questions long after your special day is over.

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Elaine P

wonderful company and team of experts! Michelle and Damien captured the most wonderful moments of the day and the pictures were absolutely beautiful! I recommend this team to anyone!

Alex

Kean Graduate. I love to travel and I love people. This is why the wedding and event industry is perfect for me. I have had the pleasure of meeting people from every walk of life and I am excited to see who I will meet next.