Abbington Distinctive Banquets

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Abbington Distinctive Banquets in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, has been hosting weddings since 1969 and has helped thousands of couples get married and celebrate their special day. From the moment you first pull up under its sheltering porte cochere, you suspect to be treated to a lovely and memorable dinner and dancing. When you step into the elegant and luxuriously appointed ballrooms your suspicions become delightful reality.

Abbington Distinctive Banquets has three amazing ballrooms to host your reception. These rooms combine into the Grand Ballroom total of 15,000 square feet of event space with the capacity for up to 1,300 guests.

Foyer. Subdued pastels, plush seating and ornate architectural elements add glamour while 5,500 square feet of extra floor room makes this a lovely cocktail hour or overflow area for up to 300 people.

North Ballroom. Step through the double doors between two stately white columns flanked by elegant chairs and artwork. Enter a room gleaming with crystal chandeliers, sand-colored walls and creamy white trim. Architectural accents, like molding and columns, make walls seem regal. Carpeting is in a neutral weave that looks rich and understated at the same time. There is plenty of space for a maple dance floor and Palladian windows at one end let in abundant light. The bar is art-deco-style with bold tiles and a shiny marble top backed by mirrors. Maximum capacity is 350 guests or 200 for a seated banquet.

Center Ballroom. In the same decor as the North and South Ballrooms, this space has a coffered ceiling and room for a drapery-backed stage for the head table or band. This ballroom also has its own bar identical to the North Ballroom's bar. Access this ballroom through the main hallway, which features a dramatic sweeping staircase. The Center Ballroom can be further subdivided into two sections which each hold up to 225 guests.

South Ballroom. Nearly identical to the other two ballrooms, these three ballrooms may be combined into one huge event space or used individually. Like the other ballrooms, there are supporting columns, but there is also great flexibility in how you arrange the tables. This space has its own bar and a large section of hardwood flooring. It accommodates up to 350 guests for cocktails.

Bridal Room. As tastefully decorated as the rest of the facility with a lounge area, it includes a vanity table with large mirror and a restroom with toilet and sink.

Abbington Distinctive Banquets has breakfast, brunch, break, lunch, dinner, appetizer, reception and bar and wine menus. It offers a combination banquet menu with two entrees and happily customizes its menu to suit your group's tastes.

Abbington Distinctive Banquets waives bartender fees after a certain amount in liquor sales per bartender. Guests are treated to white-glove service and floor-length table linens and other banquet furnishings are included in your catering fees.

Abbington Distinctive Banquets is located in Chicago's corporate technology corridor. It's poised right next to Morton Arboretum where you can have a lovely garden ceremony before your big banquet. It's also a great spot for a destination wedding reception due to the following perks:

• Less than one mile to hotels
  • Nearest airport is 16 to 25 miles
  • Public transport one-mile away
  • On-site garage and valet parking
  • Easy to access from I-290, I-88 and I-355

The "The Jewel of the Western Suburbs."

Setting the standards for excellence in wedding receptions and special events. Impeccable Service * Exceptional Cuisine * Elegant Surroundings * Attention to Every Detail NEW: Outdoor Patio coming soon!! This will be a beautiful extension off of our North Ballroom: http://www.abbingtonbanquets.com/weddings/patio/

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

3s002 Route 53, Glen Ellyn, IL (630) 942-8600

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Erica V

All I can say is INCREDIBLE. From the room decor to the white glove service to the unbelievable food- our wedding reception was perfection. The high vaulted ceilings combined with the beautiful chandeliers was a sight to behold with all our uplighting and room decor. We cannot... Read More say enough good things about the Abbington and their staff. All our guests have been raving about the service and food.

Yes Yes!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Stefanie P

As soon as I visited the Abbington, I knew it would be where I would have my wedding. The high ceilings and chandeliers are beautiful and very impressive-looking. We worked with Alyssa, who was awesome - I had a million questions and she was patient and quick to answer. We were... Read More even able to chat with the chef, Phil, who helped ease my mom's nerves. My family is Italian and full of tough critics, but they LOVED our reception. Lots of compliments on the food (particularly the filet mignon). Overall, I loved everything about the venue. The food was great, every staff member we worked with was friendly and helpful, and the decor looked beautiful. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Lynette E

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the Abbington. Words will not do this venue justice! Tara started working with us very early on, answering questions and providing a ton of support. Other staff members were also extremely helpful each time we called with... Read More questions. Everything was very straightforward and we always felt confident that we were being well cared for. The Abbington connected us with an amazing baker and florist as a part of our package deal. The food there was as excellent as the service. We were well cared for by Diane during our reception and she made sure that our food was brought to our sweetheart table when we were ready and that it was never taken away before we were finished with it (we were up and around a lot during dinner so this was super important to us). We have been receiving compliments on all meals from the beef and chicken options to the vegetarian option. The sweets table was gorgeous and delicious. The late night snack was also a hit! We had a few hiccups during our ceremony at another venue, one that was pretty serious, but with as much stress as that bought, once I reached the Abbington, my stress melted away because I knew that everything would be completely fine there... and of course it was! Tara stayed connected with us throughout the reception and ensured that all was well. I would 100%, without a doubt, recommend the Abbington Distinctive Banquets to anyone, especially those looking for a beautiful ballroom with great, flexible service and amazing food. They made our day even more special than it already was! James and Lynette 6-13-15

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Amanda G

I cannot get over how perfect my night went. The guest all loved the venue and could not stop raving about the overall service. I had never been the venue before and neither had my husband. We just couldn't pass it up and I am so happy we followed our gut because it was a... Read More perfect night. The staff is fantastic! I have been recommending this venue to many friends and suggest to at least make an appointment. Its worth your time!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jorie J

The Abbington was great! Tara, the event coordinator for our wedding was amazing. She was so sweet and accommodating. Always very helpful with any questions we had and was always available when we needed her. We have had numerous compliments from friends and family as to how... Read More friendly the staff was and how beautiful the venue looked. Also the food was delicious! We have not had any negative feedback and our wedding went off without any problems. We would absolutely recommend the Abbington to anyone looking for a venue!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Brittany A

Tara and her staff were incredible to work with! We had our wedding reception at The Abbington on June 4, 2016 and it was absolutely perfect. We booked this venue a year and a half ahead of time and throughout the entire planning process, Tara was always extremely responsive and... Read More helpful. Our wedding reception was equally fantastic and the food was incredible. People are still talking about how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was! I would absolutely recommend this venue to any couple looking for the perfect location for their big day. You will not be disappointed! Thank you all again for everything! - Brittany & Eric (06.04.2016)

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Victoria E

I had my wedding here in June 2016. Friends and family prepared me for things that would go wrong and not to worry about details that were out of my control (HA, yea right!). I'm not lying when I say the reception was perfect and I think I owe a great deal to The Abbington. I... Read More was very organized and timely, which definitely helps, but Kathy made sure my day was perfect. She was able to answer all of my questions, accommodated my requests and more importantly made me feel like not only a bride, but the most important bride. With the calendar full a year in advance, she made us feel as though we were a priority and just as important as any other wedding they had even though we had a smaller wedding at 100 guests. The food was excellent and the staff was extremely attentive even wrapping up our food so we could actually eat and enjoy it a different day. Our captain set up and tore down the room with all my décor and flair and was better than I could have envisioned, literally taking my breath away. Let your tension melt away with Kathy and the fabulous staff. If we had to do it all again, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Zenieda

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Abbington Distinctive Banquets and it was beautiful. Working with Tara and the staff helped to make the planning go as smoothly as possible. The staff was always patient with my many questions. When we had some last minute... Read More changes, 3 days before the wedding, Tara did everything to make sure we had everything we needed. Abbington works with a baker and florist, which helped me to know my cake and flowers to arrive intact and beautifully. These secondary places did well in representing Abbington. My guests have had nothing but great things to say about the waitstaff at Abbington. Everyone was blown away by how attentive the staff was and how amazing the food tasted. I am so happy we chose Abbington Distinctive Banquets for our wedding. Thank you so much for all your help and support during the planning.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Stephanie m

Staff was exceptional. Food was perfect. And the final details of the room came together elegantly! Special thank you to Alyssa and Tara.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Helen R

We had a great experience with Kathy at Abbington Banquets! From our first meeting, Kathy was very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in us and our wedding. You can tell she really likes what she does. I left feeling that she would do everything in her power to make... Read More everything perfect on our wedding day. We were not disappointed! The whole process went smoothly. Kathy was always quick to respond to emails or phone calls and followed up with us leading up to the wedding. Our wedding day was wonderful! The room was set up so beautifully and exactly how we had discussed. There was no event the day before our wedding, so my mom, sister, and I were able to go in and set up our centerpieces. The room looked stunning. I loved the staircase for us to use during introductions, and it worked out perfect that day. I also loved having the bridal room upstairs to be able to have my own bathroom that was big enough for a wedding dress :) The food was fabulous! It was so delicious! I received SO many compliments on my wedding food. Everyone loved it. We had so much fun at our wedding, and the room was beautiful. Thank you, Kathy!!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Cari

We cannot say enough good things about the Abbington. The venue was elegant, the service was impeccable. Alyssa was amazing to work with. We got so many compliments from our guests about the staff and service!

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Kristie R

I would use this venue over and over again! His was e most perfect night and the staff were all so attentive to everything my husband and I needed! Paulette was absolutely amazing, I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to put my trust into for this very special... Read More night!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Stephanie E

Tara at the Abbington was extremely helpful with all things associated with the wedding. She answered all of my questions and helped with every step along the way. I would highly recommend the Abbington. We had a beautiful reception and we did not have any issues. We were... Read More extremely please and beyond happy with the service and appearance of the Abbington.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Jena S

We cannot thank Abbington Distinctive Banquets enough. They were so easy to work with, Tara helped us organize everything and she was very organized and responded promptly to e-mails and phone calls. She stayed with us the entire night to make sure everything went smoothly,... Read More and it did!! The servers were very attentive and so nice, they even helped us pack everything up at the end of the night. The food was amazing, all of our guests enjoyed their meals, the fillets were cooked perfectly. The Abbington also has several partners and items that are included with the hall, this helped our budget a lot.

Wedding and reception

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Carl S

From start to finish excellent, great customer service, great follow through , the open house was very informative, the day of the wedding every one was very professional. The food was top grade and the staff was unbeatable with charm and elegance.

Best night ever!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Rebecca M

Tara was our wedding coordinator, and she did a fabulous job. She made sure everything was where it needed to be, and took care of our needs (Ex. Food allergies). The night of our reception was incredible. The room was gorgeous, food was delicious, and the service was fantastic.... Read More Everyone kept telling us how it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Thank you so much for all that you did!

Fab-u-lous

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Ann Z

The Abbington was fabulous! I absolutely loved this venue. From the moment I walked into the south ballroom, I knew that this was it! I love the chandeliers they are gorgeous; those are what first caught my eye as we were touring the banquet hall. Not only does The Abbington... Read More have ballrooms that look beautiful, but the employees make your night beautiful as well! Everything was perfect the night of my wedding. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening. The food was delicious, and so many people complemented us on what we chose to have served. We signed 2 years in advance at The Abbington, so we were able to receive a few perks with our deal, which was wonderful since we are only a couple of 24 year olds getting married and paying for it all ourselves. For our hor de'vors we served shrimp, chicken quesadillas, and bacon wrapped water chestnuts, for dinner we chose the chicken Marsala with mashed potatoes & vegetables, and for dessert our cake was served with ice cream. First off, I was really worried our bridal party wouldn't be able to enjoy the hor de'vors; however, I was totally wrong! The Abbington servers brought some up to the bridal party suite as we waited to be called by the DJ for our introductions. Dinner was delicious & everyone loved how the Abbington provided a cleansing pallete after the soup and salad (we chose baked potato soup and the country salad), but before dinner. Let me just say, TARA IS WONDERFUL & ALL OF THE ABBINGTON EMPLOYEES make sure the bride and groom are enjoying themselves. It was fantastic! I couldn't say anything better about The Abbington, our reception was better than I expected it to be and we received so much positive feedback from our attendees! I strongly recommend Abbington Banquet Halls to anyone who asks about my wedding!

Reviewed on 7/11/2015 Yesenia O

From the moment we walked through the doors we knew the Abbington was our reception venue. It's a stunningly beautiful venue, truly a gem. For the quality of service and the beauty of the venue you're really getting the most for your money. The food is not your standard banquet... Read More food, it is beautiful in presentation and tastes even better! We worked with Kathy and she was always pleasant, professional, and accommodating. Kathy and her staff helped to make our wedding a dream come true by taking our vision and turning it into a reality. The service was outstanding. Our guests are still talking about The delicious food and exceptional service. It rained on our wedding day so the Abbington served as a great plan B for a photo setting. I can't thank Kathy and her staff enough for making our wedding truly unforgettable!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015

The Abbington was the perfect venue for my wedding. Me and my husband just got married on June 6, 2015 and the night was perfect. When I first viewed the hall, I knew that this was the place to hold our reception. The staff was so nice and friendly and Tara was amazing! They... Read More were very good with sending reminders and working with us if we had any special accommodations. The night of the wedding, the staff made sure to check in with me and Michael to make sure we were well taken care of. The room was beautiful, cake was amazing, drinks spectacular! Thank you Tara and The Abbington for making me and Michael's wedding night one to remember! xoxo Mr. & Mrs. Michael Brown Jr

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Tracy G

We worked with Tara in having our wedding reception at the Abbington on April 18, 2015. She was wonderful! She was always available if we had a question. Everything was very organized and ran smoothly the day of the wedding. Tara even checked in with us that evening to make sure... Read More everything was as it should be. I would/will recommend the Abbington to anyone looking for a place to have any sort of celebration.

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Meghan M

We had our wedding at the Abbington on March 21, 2015, and it was exactly what we were looking for! We had a large guest list (400+), so many venues were unable to accommodate our large families, but the Abbington did so with ease. They were extremely helpful and attentive... Read More (quick responses when I emailed them which was a huge plus for me!) from the first meeting we had with Mike and Tara until the day of the event-even the next day when we picked things up guests had left behind! The staff was so wonderful and helped make our day go that much more smoothly. The food was delicious and we still get compliments on finding such a great venue. If you are looking for a great experience and great staff to work with, definitely contact the Abbington!

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 Jordan L

Tara was absolutely amazing to work with! It was a breeze to do the planning with her. The food was incredible and the sweet table was unlike anything we'vr ever seen. This truly is a place that cares about the bride and groom and how they want their day to be!

Reception Perfection

Reviewed on 11/29/2014 Lauren M

The Abbington was fantastic! They made our reception absolutely perfect. Not only were they a great price point but they worked with us to have every detail the way we wanted. The cake and flower centerpieces were included and both were stunning! Tara was a gem to work with and... Read More made us at ease with everything that was going on. I highly recommend the Abbington. Not only did they make my wedding reception perfect they also did my Best Friend's wedding the year before and hers was just as fantastic.

Awesome Venue

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Ami M

Abbington was fantastic the day we walked in to check out this venue. Tara was fabulous to work with. The place was perfect when we arrived. Everyone complimented the place and the food was amazing. I would definitely recommend this venue if your looking for a place to have... Read More your wedding.

Dream reception!

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Jamie C

My husband and I got married on Nov. 7th at the Abbington and couldn't have asked for a better reception! We worked with Kathy, who was not only amazing but extremely funny, and Dian was our floor captain! They both were phenomenol and made this the most stressless part of our... Read More wedding planning. Kathy always answered our questions promptly and was very knowledgeable with the business. Dian went above and beyond any request we had and made the evening run seamlessly. The food was delicious and the bartenders and servers were super nice! The interior of the Abbington was absolutely beautiful! People even raved how amazing the bathrooms were! We couldn't have asked for anything more! Thanksto the Abbington and their staff for making our wedding everything we could have ever hoped for!