Abe & Jake's Landing

Lawrence, KS

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Ideal Space For Your Special Day!

We are a unique wedding venue located in the heart of Downtown Lawrence, Kansas. Complete with industrial charm and 15 floor to ceiling windows overlooking our patio and the beautiful Kansas River. Our 14,000 sq. ft. main event space is complete with a stage, large dance floor, high ceilings with exposed industrial beams and custom bar. Extra Perks: We have multiple rooms to utilize for all events surrounding your wedding. Our smaller spaces are perfect for bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, and bachelor/bachelorette parties.

Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Waterfront, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

8 East 6th Street, Lawrence, KS (785) 841-5855

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Jennifer F

We LOVED having our wedding at Abe & Jakes. Kiley made our planning process very easy. She was always one step ahead of us and made sure that we were always on the same page. Kiley was easy to get a hold of and always answered any questions promptly. The venue fit all of our 270... Read More guests very well. The whole evening of the reception we were getting compliments on what a unique, beautiful and fun venue Abe & Jakes was. We highly recommend Abe & Jakes to every couple looking for a wedding venue that will awe their guests.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Aimee Y

We had our ceremony and reception at Abe & Jake's Landing and holy cow, it was amazing! The entire process, from first meeting to wedding day was seamless. The venue is spacious and gorgeous enough that you don't have to over do it with decorations. Our favorite part was the... Read More large dance floor (of course) and the tall windows overlooking the river (gasp, so pretty!). We took 100% of our photos within the parameters of the venue and they were all Pinterest worthy shots- That was so helpful and timesaving! The staff was outstanding- day-of and during the planning process. We worked with Kiley and God bless her for putting up with us. We asked her so many questions, and she bent over backwards to make sure everything was answered promptly, our parents were happy and the day ran as smoothly as possible! She coordinates with all of the vendors so they know exactly what to do on the wedding day (believe me, you don't want to do be in charge of this). And the price we paid for the quality of service we got was a steal! Bonus, our photographers and videographer LOVED the venue! They said it was an ideal set-up with the natural lighting and tall ceilings. To anyone reading this review, I HIGHLY recommend Abe & Jake's Landing with full confidence that it will not disappoint! Seriously, you can't go wrong with them!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Morgan K

I wish I could give more stars here because Abe & Jake's was truly incredible! Kiley, the event coordinator here, is fantastic. She is so quick to reply to emails and calls and does her best to make every vision a reality. We had no problems at all with this site and she worked... Read More so hard to make sure everything ran smoothly and looked perfect for our day. I could not speak more highly of this venue!

Reviewed on 2/10/2018 Rachel V

I continue to get compliments on our reception. We had a lot of out of state guests and they said Abe & Jake's is the most unique, beautiful and cool venues they have seen. Kiley was a delight to work with. Always flexible and kept us informed. We had only 100 guests and it... Read More worked!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Dylan S

Venue is in a beautiful location and is aesthetically beautiful. The staff is incredibly helpful from the coordinating staff to the bar staff. They do what they can to accommodate your vision The only things I did not particularly like is: 1. It is a bit pricey. Especially if... Read More you want a Saturday reception. 2. The building is older. So be prepared for problems with older buildings. a. While there is an elevator for handicapped people. It has seen better days. My grandma said the doors got jammed. b.The air conditioner was spotty during our summer reception. i. However, back to the accommodating staff. They brought in repair men and fans for the guests.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Caitlyn N

LOVE Kiley at Abe & Jake's. Entire day was perfect!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Clayton M

My husband and I cannot stop raving over this venue! Kiley, the manager, was so helpful throughout the whole planning process. She answered my questions very quickly and thoroughly. It is such a unique venue! I loved everything about it from the twinkly lights to the grand... Read More staircase at the entrance. We have no complaints. We are so glad we chose this amazing venue for our reception!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Katelyn M

Wow, Abe & Jake's was absolutely perfect for our reception. The staff were so helpful and made me feel so at ease the week of the wedding. Decorating was easy because the space is already so unique and stunning. Guests were impressed and the dance floor was full all night. I... Read More would totally recommend Abe & Jake's - such a great space.

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Amanda M

Abe and Jake's is a wonderful reception site. Our large guest list (300+) meant that we didn't have a lot of options for non-hotel spaces, and we wanted something that felt unique and had some natural light, but didn't factor in the totally unpredictable weather that is March... Read More in Kansas. This was the perfect mix of those elements, and the staff was absolutely great to work with.

Very Unique

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Kirsten D

Abe and Jake's is such a fun and unique venue. So glad we had our wedding reception there. The only thing I would've changed is that they need to be more helpful with guestimating how much alcohol you will need, etc. As a reception venue they need to offer more advice as they do... Read More this every week and we do this once in a life time. It's a gorgeous venue though!

Beatiful Venue, Terrible Staff

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Cassandra H

The venue is gorgeous. I had a major issue with the behavior of the staff, primarily the day of cordinator, getting drunk at my reception

Great, unique space for a large reception

Reviewed on 8/15/2015 Nicole H

I had a somewhat non-traditional wedding in that we chose to have a small family wedding, a small family dinner and a very large reception. We chose Abe & Jake's for the location of the family dinner as well as the large reception (including live band and open bar). We were able... Read More to use a smaller back room for an intimate family dinner (50 people) and the larger space for the 350+ person party. The space worked beautifully for us. There is ample parking and the elevator (old, but functional) was important to our older family guests. The space is so unique inside that it requires very little for decorating. Minus linens for tables and some candles, the space looked great 'as is' for the reception. Rosie, our coordinator at Abe & Jake's was phenomenal. Extremely detail oriented. She didn't miss a step - and even better - she didn't let me miss a step. I appreciated that Abe & Jake's has all of the tables, chairs and linens there at the event. I didn't need to go through a separate rental company. Just made it easy. Servers and bartenders the night of were fantastic. Very helpful and courteous. There are very few locations in Lawrence where you can have a gathering of this size. Please not on cost - $3,600 was for the space only. Linen charges, bar costs, etc. were in addition to the baseline rental fee.

Unique Venue with Great Staff

Reviewed on 12/12/2014 Susan T

My wedding ceremony and reception were both held at Abe & Jake's on a Sunday in November. My wedding combined Indian and American traditions, making for a unique ceremony that called for several special requests from the venue. Rosie from Abe & Jake's was an absolute pleasure... Read More and worked with us every step of the way to make sure that we were able to structure the event in a way that was accommodating to our unique needs. Really can't say enough about Rosie - she is an incredibly kind person who makes you feel like your event is just as important to her as it is to you. The entire staff at Abe & Jake's was great to work with through the planning process and during the event. They were also helpful in providing recommendations of other vendors that they had good experiences with in the past which is how we found our awesome DJ. Our wedding had just over 200 guests of all ages. The venue was accessible for our guests with physical limitations and was a great size for our group to transition from the ceremony to a cocktail hour to a dinner reception. The location is beautiful and the venue definitely has a "wow" factor, receiving countless compliments from our guests. The total cost listed includes the ceremony and reception fees, the bar tab and use of tables, chairs and linens. At least half of our guests traveled in from out of town and were able to stay at the adjacent hotel, which was very convenient for them and for us (no need to provide transportation helped cut costs). Definitely recommend this venue!

Beautiful Venue and Even More Beautiful Staff

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Celine G

My husband and I were recently married and held our reception at Abe and Jake's Landing. We were planning for over a year for the event and when we first came across Abe and Jake's we new immediately it was the place for us. It has amazing character and is in a perfect location... Read More in town. It is truly a stunning venue for a wedding reception and takes beautiful pictures. We had so many compliments from all of our guests (nearly 300 of them!) about how amazing it was. It is also pretty affordable when your considering a large event space for that many people. As if the quality and unique beauty of the venue isn't enough the staff that works there is 1000x as wonderful. They were so accommodating and easy to work with, prompt with responding to any questions or requests, always on time for meetings, very flexible, beyond friendly and nice, and they truly make you feel like your big day is just as big a day for them. I could go on and on, they are special people and fantastic to work with. If in the future we ever need a large venue for a party I would absolutely go back hands down. We have been married for just over a week now and are still receiving compliments from guests about what a great party and place it was. Thank you so much to Abe and Jake's for a wonderful day and I absolutely recommend every bride to check it out, it's the perfect large event space!

Beautiful Venue and Amazing staff!

Reviewed on 11/07/2013 Katherine K

If you are planning a wedding in the Lawrence area, I would highly recommend Abe and Jakes. The venue is very beautiful! It has a lot of character with exposed brick, iron railings, wood floors and a wonderful balcony that overlooks the river. We had over 250 people at my... Read More daughters wedding and had plenty of space. I can not say enough nice things about Rosie, the coordinator at the venue. She is amazing! Very helpful, friendly and easy to work with. Rosie allowed us in multiple times to measure for different decorations we were planning on using. She returned our calls promptly and was helpful when we asked for advice. Can't say enough about what a wonderful experience we had at Abe and Jakes!

Gorgeous and Easy

Reviewed on 11/05/2013

I loved working with the folks at Abe and Jake's to plan my wedding reception. The customer service was quick, friendly, and helpful. The venue is beautiful--an historic two-story former factory with hardwood and brick floors, windows looking out on the Kansas River, and warm,... Read More beautiful light. We hardly needed to decorate at all, since the space itself is so cool. It's truly a secret treasure--I had guests who had lived in Lawrence for years and had no idea it was there. The customer service was also fantastic. The staff was very attentive and organized, making planning a dream.

Remarkable Venue enhanced by great customer service

Reviewed on 10/19/2013

I simply cannot say enough positive things about this venue. It is a truly beautiful space for a wedding ceremony and reception. It is a very versatile space that is capable of accommodating either large or small groups. Our guests absolutely loved it! And the decorating we... Read More did was minimal, as the space is so remarkable that it really speaks for itself. There is a grand staircase leading into the venue that makes for a quite breathtaking aisle for a bride to descend during a wedding ceremony. Also, the staff at Abe and Jake's Landing have wedding receptions and ceremonies down to a science. Their staff were all so friendly and accommodating and patient with us throughout the wedding planning process. Every experience we had with each of them, every bit of communication and correspondence we shared with them was positive and pleasant. Rosie and Leila in particular made the process much less stressful for me simply because they are so good at what they do. If you are searching for an exceptional wedding venue with outstanding employees that is also very affordable, this is the place for you! You will not be disappointed!

Perfect Space for all Couples

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Danae G

We got married on 7/27, and we were so lucky to get into Abe & Jake's! They removed a lot of the, umm, quirky features during renovations, and we were thrilled with the outcome. The refinished floors are gorgeous. We were also excited because Abe & Jake's has so much... Read More character on its own, we really didn't have to bring in many decorations at all. The open loft style is perfect for a reception, and really is a one of a kind venue. There are different levels and areas to hang out in, but it is still open enough that you can see everyone. We had a large number of out of town guests, so being located next to the hotel was a necessity. They are were so complimentary of the venue. Rosie was by far the best contact person to work with out of all of the different vendors we used for our wedding. She was always quick to respond to questions, and was so flexible to make things work for us. It was a stress-free day, and I will give her the credit for such a successful day! Definitely recommended!

Best Reception Ever

Reviewed on 8/09/2013 Lindsay K

My husband I were married on July 20, 2013. I had gone to KU and knew I loved Abe & Jake's as a reception site as I used to go there when it was an actual bar. When we went to visit and meet with Rosie for the first time, we booked it almost immediately. The renovations to the... Read More space were amazing and Rosie was the most wonderful event coordinator to work with. She made us feel like family from day one, we grew so attached to her- which is not often found when working with multiple vendors. Abe & Jake's was the perfect space for our 500 guest count. The staff was amazing, no one ever waited in line for a drink, they helped ensure our 4 food vendors were set up properly, and the entire reception (all 7 hours of it) ran completely smoothly. Our guests were so impressed with this space, we're still receiving compliments on having our reception at Abe & Jake's. I am beyond thrilled we chose this as our reception venue as it was our dream come true space. Thanks to Rosie for making it all happen and Leila and the team for running our event perfectly!

Over-the-Top Wedding Venue in Lawrence, Kansas!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Nicole H

We were so thrilled when Abe & Jake's sold a year ago and they opened up the 2013 calendar. We immediately booked our daughter's wedding reception there. We had been looking in Kansas City for similar venues but could find none that compared in beauty or value. From the very... Read More beginning, Rosie Robertson walked us through every step of the planning process. She was very accessible, knowledgeable, organized and professional. The night of our event (August 3, 2013) could not have been more perfect. Everything was just as expected. Our out of town guests from California were awed and amazed at the venue. Recent renovations surprised the Lawrence residents. Another plus is that the Springhill Marriott is right next door to the venue and downtown is just steps away. There is a lovely outdoor deck overlooking the Kansas River that was popular with our guests. All of the staff were very efficient and worked hard to ensure that everything ran smoothly. The bartending staff was especially good. I do not remember people waiting in line for drinks. We cannot say enough about Abe & Jake's being the perfect wedding reception venue. Thanks to Rosie and her staff for making our daughter's dream come true! Signed, a very happy Mother of the Bride in Lawrence, Kansas.

Reviewed on 7/24/2013

Abe & Jake's is a wonderful event space. We were excited to use it for our themed wedding. It fit in perfectly! The overall ambiance of the building really added to what we hoped for in our special day. The new renovations made the space even more charming. Plus, the event... Read More coordinator, Rosie, is truly amazing! She is helpful, sweet, and can answer any questions about the venue before you need to ask. I would definitely recommend Abe & Jake's to anyone in need of a venue for their wedding or other large event.

Happy Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 6/29/2013 Dawna E

Oh my goodness...where do I start? Our adventure with Abe & Jake's started almost 2 years ago when we were looking for a venue for my daughter's wedding reception. The building was up for sale but we loved the venue and most of all we loved working with Rosie. Long story... Read More short, the building sold and it was uncertain if it would still be used for events such as wedding receptions. We checked into "Plan B" but was not as happy as we were with Abe & Jake's. At the last minute, before we signed on the dotted line, we called one last time, just in case Abe & Jake's was available. Good news!!! Just the week before the new owners had opened up the 2013 season and the venue was our's if we still wanted it!!! We were extremely happy and relieved to have found the venue of our dreams for the happy event. Rosie is an absolute delight to work with. We cannot express our gratitude enough to her for all she did for us. The day and night of the event proved we were right in selecting Abe & Jake's. The outside vendors that went in to set up have told us how helpful the staff was. That evening they were all very professional, yet personable. The venue looked beautiful and with it's own character made my daughter and new husband's reception a night to remember. We had many comments about what a great place it was. I wouldn't be surprised if some of our younger guests check into using Abe & Jake's in the future. I've tried to put into words here how happy we were with our choice of using Abe & Jake's for our event. I hope I have done it justice...it was wonderful and our memories are happy ones. Thank You, Rosie and Abe & Jake's staff for all you did in helping to make June 22, 2013 one of the happiest nights of our lives.

Abe & Jake's Landing

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Erin Z

Our non-profit organization hosted it's signature fundraising event at Abe and Jake's Landing and could not have been more pleased with our experience. The staff made every effort to accommodate our needs, going beyond our expectations with exceptional service and attention to... Read More detail that is rarely a priority to large venues. We felt they were a part of our team and committed to helping us make our event as successful as possible. The venue is incredibly unique with a lovely view of the Kansas River seen through large windows on the north wall, which also features a usable outdoor deck space. The building is expansive enough to hold hundreds of guests, yet the various seating and bar areas and use of natural materials and warm lighting make the space feel intimate. We have planned events of varying size and purpose at many different venues and highly recommend Abe & Jake's Landing. Whether for a wedding and/or reception, business function or fundraiser, you simply won't find a better option in the area. We look forward to working with them for years to come.

Abe and Jakes landing

Reviewed on 12/12/2012 Rebecca M

So helpful, Rosie is a wonderful event coordinator for this location.

Absolutely fantastic

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 Stephanie H

Rosie, the wedding cooridinator is one of the most personable and honest women I have ever met. She was organized, extremely helpful in the planning process and always available as well as quick to respond to emails. Beyond her professional demeanor, she was one of the most... Read More caring and sweetest people we have ever met. The venue speaks for itself. Built into an old barbwire factory on the KS River, it is such a massive event space with all types of quirky art work. It is unlike your typical hotel ballroom and allows for so much personalization that I would highly reccommend this venue to anyone!