Aberdeen Manor Ballroom and Event Center

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

216 Ballantrae Street, Valparaiso, IN

Don't look anywhere else

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Cathryne D

I will never be able to stop saying enough wonderful things about Aberdeen Manor. I had my wedding and reception there and from the day I chose them as my venue until the very last minute before we left the night of my wedding, they were right there helping me along the way to... Read More make sure my wedding was everything I wanted. Denna, Megan, and Trey and the rest of staff do an amazing job! I also got my invitations from their shop "Affairs" and they were better than I ever could have imagined. You won't be disappointed with anything. Ask any questions you want and they are right there to guide you. The food is delicious. The staff is amazing. The garden, chapel, and ballroom are gorgeous and they are always finding new ways to make it even better. I definitely recommend choosing them over anyone else.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Shari B

We had an outdoor ceremony and reception at Aberdeen Manor on June 11, 2016. It was absolutely beautiful! We worked with Lauren and Trey who both made our day perfect. They work with you on every last detail. We received so many compliments on our wedding day ranging from the... Read More food to the decor. We did appetizers before dinner, as well as the chicken bruschetta or prime rib for dinner. All of the food tasted great! The outdoor ceremony area was beautiful, as well as our reception decor. We loved our hanging cake table and the crystals hanging from the ceiling! Aberdeen is great at working with all of our various vendors as well. Everyone we worked with at Aberdeen Manor was a pleasure to work with and made our day absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Jessica V

Aberdeen is your one stop venue. Seriously, our wedding was so beautiful, and the food was delicious. All of our guests rave about our wedding and tell us how amazing it was. I haven't heard one complaint. Megan and her team really worked hard for us and it paid off. I had... Read More my dream wedding and I didn't have to break the bank. The value Aberdeen offers couples is incredible. No need to shop around, come to Aberdeen and book.

Reviewed on 4/24/2016

Our experience with Aberdeen was exceptional! We worked with Lauren, and she was absolutely attentive and involved through the entire process. The staff is superb, the venue is gorgeous, and every last detail made it our dream wedding! Could not have asked for a better... Read More experience. We highly recommend Aberdeen Manor if you truly want a personal, beautiful, and unforgettable event!

Reviewed on 2/06/2016 Brittany N

I know this is SEVERAL months late but I did want to take the time to thank the AMAZING people at Aberdeen and rave about the venue a little bit. My husband and I were married in October and chose Aberdeen as the place it will all go down. Not only was the venue BEAUTIFUL, we... Read More loved how the chapel and reception hall were literally across the street from each other so that cocktail hour could start minutes after the ceremony ended. I can't tell you how many people came up to Craig and I after the wedding and commented on how elegant and gorgeous everything was. I also had people telling us that the staff at Aberdeen were so attentive and helpful. It rained a tad on our wedding day (good luck right??) but the guests stated that the staff walked with them and held umbrellas over their heads while they walked from the chapel to the reception hall. They also helped me and did the same, so there weren't any makeup/hair disasters (phew!). Speaking of the staff, I want to single one person out who helped us in SO many ways; Megan. Megan was our wedding coordinator and the most amazing person ever I can't literally say enough about her. Starting from the first meeting we had with her, I knew that she had everything under control. Megan was so organized and detailed it actually calmed me down (I'm a tad control-freakish). I had so many weird questions that came up that I asked Megan and she responded to my emails almost instantly. She really helped take a lot of pressure off of the planning in the beginning. On rehearsal day, our minister actually showed up almost an hour late. Megan didn't miss a beat, she walked everyone through the rehearsal herself and stood in the place of the minister so that everyone knew where they were going (crisis averted!). On wedding day, Every time we needed something Megan was RIGHT there to help. My sister was having trouble bustling my dress and we were fighting with it for a while before the rehearsal started. Megan happened to come into the chapel at that exact time and helped bustle the dress! Literally nothing (that I can point to) went wrong on wedding day and I truly believe it is because the Aberdeen staff is SO well educated and planned in this scene that they know exactly what to do. Guests even told me how great the bartenders were and how nice everything flowed together. I can't say enough about Aberdeen Manor. I am so happy and grateful that Craig & I chose this as our wedding venue. The food, staff, hall, chapel were all top notch. Aberdeen made the greatest day of our lives even better than we could have imagined. Thank you thank you thank you all, Brittany & Craig Kouris

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Mandy R

My Husband and I just got married at Aberdeen two weeks ago and everything was absolutely amazing! We had our ceremony in the garden and then our reception in the ballroom. Everything went so smoothly thanks to our wonderful wedding coordinator! Everything from the decor to the... Read More food was incredible. Aberdeen helped give us an incredible day we will never forget!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Christina R

I can not possibly say enough wonderful things about Aberdeen Manor or the genuine people they have working there!! They took my vision and made my dream come true! My guests all had a fantastic time and raved about the food, the ambiance and every little detail of my wedding.... Read More Many family and friends told both my husband And I that it was by far the best wedding they he ever attended. I would recommend Aberdeen Manor to anyone getting married.

Aberdeen provided a magical day

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

The entire staff at Aberdeen was fantastic. My daughter had a vision of the perfect wedding and they surpassed all of our expectations. They took care of everything down to the very last detail. We had the outdoor ceremony, cocktail reception and wedding all at the venue... Read More and not once did I or the mother of the bride have to worry about anything. Everything was in its place, complete professionalism throughout and everything was done on time. The food was fantastic and the comments from the guests were raving on what a perfect night it was. Thank you for a truly magical night

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Joselynn B

Megan and the rest of the Aberdeen crew made our wedding day absolutely perfect! They were able to accommodate all of my requests and more! The venue is beautiful and well maintained. Our food was hot and delicious. We couldn't have asked for anything better! Thank you Aberdeen... Read More team!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Armanda S

Aberdeen Manor is absolutely amazing! They helped me throughout the entire planning process. They make it so easy to have a wedding! Everyone always says something will go wrong on your wedding day...at Aberdeen they prove that those people are liars. My wedding day was beyond... Read More perfect. My guests are still raving about how wonderful the staff is and how beautiful the ballroom was. I highly recommend getting married here.

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Armanda S

Aberdeen Manor is absolutely amazing! They helped me throughout the entire planning process. They make it so easy to have a wedding! Everyone always says something will go wrong on your wedding day...at Aberdeen they prove that those people are liars. My wedding day was beyond... Read More perfect. My guests are still raving about how the staff is and how beautiful the ballroom was. I highly recommend getting married here.

My perfect day!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Alicia P

I was married at Aberdeen on 8/1/15. I had my wedding & reception there. I cannot begin to say enough good things about this venue. Everyone there that I interacted with was wonderful, but Lauren was my wedding coordinator & she was absolutely amazing! She was supportive... Read More throughout the entire process. Lauren and the rest of the Aberdeen staff made sure that our day went off without a hitch. Also, the food was amazing, several of my guests commented and said how good it was. You cannot go wrong having your wedding at Aberdeen.

Fourth of July Wedding

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Kathleen B

We had a wonderful event at Aberdeen! We used the gardens for the wedding ceremony and the ballroom for the reception! The event was seemless and we were very well cared for by the Aberdeen Staff. The food was excellent and the service was prompt and efficient. Our guests... Read More raved about every detail! Denna and her staff are the best! I would highly recommend this venue for a memorable and stree-free wedding!

Must have been a bad night...

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Malinda S

I have heard great things about Aberdeen, so when I was invited to a wedding there I was very excited! However, my experience as a guest was horrible. The chapel was stuffy and hot, the food was cold when they finally got to our table, and the bartender seemed less than pleased... Read More to get us our drinks. On top of that, I found the venue to be very outdated. Pretty disappointed with my experience at Aberdeen.

Perfect

Reviewed on 12/22/2014 Katelyn G

Every detail and aspect of Aberdeen was perfect. Talk about a venue that goes way above and beyond for their brides. I would plan a million weddings with them.

12/13/14 Wedding

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Alexis V

Thank you to the fabulous wedding/reception thrown at Aberdeen Manor! The staff was so friendly to work with from day 1. They went above and beyond with suggestions ranging from décor to vendors. All of our vendors were extremely pleasant and fun to work with. I would... Read More definitely recommend having your wedding or function at Aberdeen Manor. Thank you for making our day even more special. Alexis (bride)

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Jen K

There is so many good things to say about Aberdeen manor!! Place is amazing and beautiful!!! The staff is so friendly and helpful and it comes with a wedding planner which helped me tremendously!!! My stress levels we're very low because of Aberdeen manor I knew I was in good... Read More hands and things were going to be perfect which it was!! My wedding. Was amazing and beautiful!! The service was great food was beautifully plated and tasted amazing!!! It was worth every penny we spent! Icoudlt not have had a better wedding anywhere else!!!

Absolute Perfection

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Jacqueline H

I just got married at Aberdeen Manor and had the best wedding imaginable. We had our ceremony in the garden and our reception in their beautiful hall. Everything was perfect! Denna helped us every step of the way and is a perfectionist in her work. She is so knowledgeable and... Read More experienced in every area of wedding planning. I was very pleased from the food to the decor. Every last detail was spot on. All of our guests were raving about Aberdeen and how beautiful our wedding was. Aberdeen helped to give us our dream wedding and we could not be any more pleased. I highly recommend Aberdeen Manor and Denna. They are the best of the best!

Aberdeen Wedding in June

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Sonya T

We had our ceremony and reception at Aberdeen. It was AMAZING. Megan was our wedding planner and she was absolutely fabulous. She was quick to answer all of my questions while planning and she made sure the entire event ran smoothly! The venue was gorgeous and the service was... Read More great! We couldn't have been happier!

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Tina G

This venue was absolutely beautiful! We had the option to choose to have our wedding in the chapel or in the garden and could make our final decision the morning of the ceremony! The wedding consultant service that is included with booking ensures that you won't miss a single... Read More important detail. They have many different decoration and centerpiece options to choose from. The food was delicious. They even take care of the decorating and tear-down after the event so you can focus on the important matters of the day. I highly recommend this is a location to have both your wedding and ceremony!

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 liz B

Having our reception at the Aberdeen Manor was a great choice. The venue was beautiful, the food was excellent, and every single member of the staff, from the owner to the servers were top notch. They were flexible with every detail we wanted to make our own and took... Read More responsibility for coordinating everything on the day of the wedding so that I had to worry about nothing! I would recommend them to anyone!!! I am so grateful for everything they did to make our wedding absolutely amazing.

Best Experience

Reviewed on 11/02/2013 Rosanna T

If anyone knows me they know I'm very particular about the way things look and how an event flows so it wasn't easy to let someone else take the reigns. But I am happy to say I was nothing but pleased with everything at Aberdeen from beginning to end. Denna and the staff were... Read More always friendly and very helpful. I LOVE Denna so much I can't say it enough what an awesome person she is! She really knows her stuff down to every small detail! I ran into a few problems finding the right people to do all the other stuff like flowers, alteration etc. But Denna was always there to guide me trough it all. They also have a list of reputable vendors that will suit anyone's needs and the staff at Aberdeen will never steer you in the wrong direction. They help make your dream wedding into a reality. When they say one chance is all they need their not lying its the truth. If your reading this I'm sure your looking for a venue to have your perfect wedding at and I hope that my review helps you realize that this is the place and the cost is comparable to other places but the difference is Aberdeen is worth every penny. Thank you staff at Aberdeen and Denna for making this experience so amazing and for making me feel like a part of a family not just another face. Its been a month since our wedding and people are still talking about how beautiful everything was and how yummy the food was. And I'm here wishing I could live it over and over again. I will remember it forever.

Could Not Have Been Any Better

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Emily

I got married at Aberdeen Manor on September 20th 2013 and could not have been happier with my wedding. If you're looking for a venue that is a one stop shop for your wedding you have found it. The staff is amazing and extremely helpful. I did not have to lift a finger on my... Read More wedding day. If I had forgotten something they had it close by. You can create any wedding you desire. If you're on a budget or sky's the limit you can have your wedding here. I can't believe I almost didn't check out this venue and I am so happy I chose to have my wedding here. Everyone had a blast at my wedding and everyone could not stop complimenting on how beautiful the venue was from the amazing garden to the amazing reception hall. You should definitely consider having your wedding at Aberdeen, you will not be disappointed!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Jennifer F

If you live in the Northwest Indiana area and are looking for a vendor for your wedding, Aberdeen Manor should be on your list of places to check out! They absolutely gave us the wedding of our dreams! The owners are amazing and went above and beyond anything we could have ever... Read More expected! The owners and husband-wife team, Denna and Jim, make you feel like you are really part of their family. They are willing to work with any budget, small or large. Denna is a Wedding Planner and is full of surprisingly wonderful ideas! She will make sure that your wedding celebration includes all the personality of the bride and groom. Everything was taken care of by the wonderful staff at Aberdeen. I did not stress out throughout the entire process, because I knew Denna was on top of it! The evening of our wedding went off without a hitch! We expected SOMETHING to go wrong, but nothing did! The evening flowed from one stage into the next! Over a month later, our family and friends are still talking about how wonderful the evening was and how much fun they had that night! We wanted a celebration with our loved ones and we certainly got one! With my husband having family all over the place (Arizona to Texas to Florida and even Japan), we wanted to ensure that everyone enjoyed their time together. It was not just a wedding, but it was a family reunion of sorts! The entire weekend was a big celebration! Though we personally had no particular attachment to Valparaiso (I’m from Crown Point and my husband is from Tinley Park, IL), we couldn’t have found a more fitting location! If we could do it over again, I wouldn't even hesitate to get married and have the reception at Aberdeen Manor. Also, if you are looking for a venue with an outdoor setting for a wedding, the garden area is beyond beautiful! My husband, Justin, and I are very outdoorsy people and it was so fitting to be able to get married outside! We wanted a location that offered an outdoor area as well as a hall for the reception so that guests didn’t have to drive to a second spot after the wedding. We found exactly what we wanted and loved every minute of our celebration! We really enjoyed the evening because of all the hard work and time that the Aberdeen family put into making our night one to remember! Denna, Jim, Trey, Megan, Lisa, Carol, and all the other lovely people of Aberdeen, provided us with memories that we will forever cherish! We are very pleased and could not recommend the services at Aberdeen more! Thank you so much for making everything so stress-free and easy going! JF 06.14.2013

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Laura R

Organized, beautiful, and a terrific place to get married. My wedding was perfect.