Abernethy Center

Oregon City, OR

Book Your Wedding with Abernethy Center

A BALLROOM IN OREGON CITY, OR

Within walking distance of the Abernethy Creek and just a few blocks from the Willamette River, the Abernethy Center in Oregon City oregon, is an oasis of calm amid rich foliage. The venue is suitable for both indoor and outdoor ceremonies and receptions, with a range of options to choose from.

Abigail's Garden is set on more than three acres of picturesque lawns with a capacity of 300 people. Focusing on a white gazebo, the space is lovely as a traditional ceremony backdrop, while the site's reception tent with parquet-style flooring and checkered dance floor is popular for fair weather receptions. The garden is available May through October.

The Veiled Garden , nestled amid wooded hillside and a natural creek, is suitable for intimate outdoor ceremonies. A cobbled pathway makes a unique ceremony aisle that leads to the steps of a classic white gazebo.

The Abernethy Ballroom is a large indoor space with recessed ceilings, tasteful lighting and luxurious drapery in neutral tones.

The Abernethy Chapel stands out at the top of a hill with its 65-foot bell tower, arch windows, black vaulted roof and white exterior. The building houses private dressing suites for the bride and groom and can seat up to 285 guests in its main ceremony space. An additional area on the lower level can accommodate up to 80 for mingling with and greeting guests.

The Abernethy Center is a full-service event venue with a number of wedding packages, all of which include space rental, the services of the venue's catering and event staff who assist with planning, cake-cutting and setting up and clearing away provided tables and chairs. Linens and tableware are also provided.

The executive chef and his team welcome special requests. They accommodates changes to the chosen menu to personalize the meal for the couple or to meet special dietary requirements. The venue offers an extensive selection of hors d'oeuvres, entrees and sides, desserts and bar packages.

Ceremonies are coordinated with the assistance of a committed wedding specialist, who allocates a one-hour weekday rehearsal at no extra cost. Lapel microphones and speakers are available for the day.

The price for a ceremony and reception space combo is the same as for reception-only events and covers up to seven hours of event time, depending on the day of the week. There are minimum food and beverage spending requirements. Half of the rental fee and a security deposit are payable to make a reservation.

Couples considering the Abernethy Center should keep in mind the following extra benefits:

• Wedding party room service
  • Use of multimedia equipment, including LCD screen, projector and dimmer lighting
  • Patio paper lantern package
  • Bocce ball and croquet lawn games at Abigail's garden
  • Proximity to the accommodations, amenities and attractions of downtown Oregon City

You've waited your whole life for this!

At Abernethy Center, we have mastered the art of the event, along with all the service and details that go into making that event a success. The reason we are here, the passion that keeps us going, is this -- we are caretakers of the most important day in a couples lives.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden, Park, Church, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

606 15th St, Oregon City, OR (503) 722-9400

Magical wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Shari S

My husband and I were married in Abigail's garden followed by a tented reception on October 3, 2015. From the rehearsal to the actual wedding day everything went flawlessly. Sarah, our venue coordinator was kind, helpful, easy to follow and kept our group calm and on time. She... Read More was extremely attentive the day of the wedding, directed our vendors accordingly, offered her assistance at every turn and was just fabulous. Our hors d'oeuvres were waiting at our table with a glass of wine and water and was promptly followed by our entrees. No problem with us starving! And the food was absolutely delicious. I was worried that it wouldn't be hot, but they didn't disappoint and we received compliments all night about the quality of the food and the over all beauty of the venue. I really cannot rave enough about what an amazing and unforgettable experience we had. We have no complaints and would highly recommend Abernethy Center. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015

From the very beginning of the planning phases of our wedding, Elisabeth was always ready to answer our ten thousand questions, and handle any and all inevitable hiccups we ran into during the weeks before our event. From the moment we arrived at the venue on our Magical Day,... Read More Amy and the rest of the event staff were able to walk that very fine line of always being where they needed to be, while simultaneously never being in the way. The preparation, the professionalism, and the way they always managed to keep things calm and fun, are just a few of the reasons that the Abernethy Center and it’s staff will always be the first place I suggest when anyone is looking for an event venue.

Nicole and Chris's Wedding

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Nicole L

The veiled garden at the Abernethy Center was the perfect setting for what turned out to be the perfect wedding! All the staff there was great, very helpful and attentive. The reception went off perfectly in the ballroom. We sort of customized our dinner, we had a fajita buffet... Read More and it was amazing. The food tasted great! The staff made sure the party flowed. Drinks were great too. We did margaritas as our signature drink. All of our guest have told us it was the best wedding they have been too. Was a great day and would love to do it again!!

2015-06-04T12:07:42 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that we were able to be a part of your special day and make it so your memory of it was as perfect as every girl always dreams her big day will be!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Hannah A

This was hands down the most beautiful wedding venue. They specialize in weddings, and they know what they are doing. You can put all your trust in them to get every detail right.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Audrey C

We would love to give this venue 4.5 out of 5 stars, but this site won't let us! Please read further to see why we are rating it the way we did. We had the pleasure of working with Karissa during our wedding planning process. She is incredible! She knows her venue so well that... Read More she was able to direct us towards certain decisions and choices that would help make our wedding perfect! She was consistent in communication, quick to respond, and so friendly. We absolutely loved spending our time with her! Our day of coordinator was Sarah. She was lovely, as well! Neither of us interacted with her very much (you will find that on your wedding day you are SO busy) but she was attentive, super nice, and was always there if we needed her. We were so happy with our Abernethy staff support! Let's talk about the venue. Two Words- ITS STUNNING! We toured both options, but went with the Abigail's Garden as our ceremony and reception site. It was important for us to have both events in one space, as well as be outside the entire time. The Abernethy opted for us to have this. It is absolutely gorgeous there. We toured it in January and loved it-- got married in September and were even more in love. If you choose either of their sites, you are sure to be pleased! Now onto the food. We are IN LOVE with The Abernethy chefs!!! If we could give 10 stars, we would to them!! We knew that when we started planning we would not want the traditional wedding food. They worked with us to create food that was special to us, unique to our wedding, and absolutely delicious. I cannot begin to tell you the number of compliments we received on our dinner. We STILL have people talking about our food and our wedding was two weeks ago. The chefs at The Abernethy Center are so talented and are willing to work with anyone to create the perfect menu for your wedding. I encourage you to think outside of the box and utilize their skills. There are unlike any other we found! Thank you, Chefs!! The reason why we are giving this venue 4.5 out of 5 stars is due to our bar situation. We had an fully stocked open bar for our entire wedding, as well has two bartenders and one bar back. We knew that our guests would be ready to drink and ready to party. After our ceremony, it became news to us that people were waiting upwards of 20 minutes for drinks, even with drinks being passed around outside of the bar line! We never wanted our guests to wait, let alone 20 minutes. With 2 bartenders and a bar back we expected to have our guests served within a reasonable time frame- especially for their first drink. When speaking with the bartenders, it appeared that perhaps it was one person's first night on the job. We are both from the service industry and have a lot of patience for this, however, it was reaching an extreme many points throughout the night. Is this enough to ruin our night or ruin our wedding? Absolutely not! It is no where near that. However, with us stressing the importance of a fully stocked bar ready to party, and then having the opposite, it was absolutely frustrating in the moment considering the finances we were putting forward to provide that for our guests. Despite our minor bar set back, we are absolutely happy with our choice to have our ceremony and reception at The Abernethy Center in Oregon City. We would do it again without any hesitation! Thank you for our making our special day a reality and many lifetime memories for us and our families!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Emily D

Just had our wedding in Abigail's Garden on 08/26/17. The whole thing turned out beautifully! Working with Karissa and Lindsey was excellent. They made it easy and simple. The catering services were able to cater to my families celiacs and created a menu that was not only gluten... Read More free, but also DELICIOUS! We got tons of compliments about the space, food and services of the staff. It couldn't of been a more perfect day for us. Thank you to all that helped in making sure me, my husband, our family and friends had a fantastic night!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 joy G

I could not have asked for anything more! The perfect venue (Abigail's Garden) for the perfect wedding - July, 2013.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Julie O

beautiful place, don't keep their promise and do things with out your permission

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Laurie D

We got married at Abernethy Center on April 9th and everything was PERFECT. We had our ceremony in the chapel and our reception in the ballroom. We were also able to use the veiled garden for pictures. I could not recommend Abernethy Center more! Fantastic staff, amazing... Read More communication, yummy food and a beautiful site! It was just a perfect day and we couldn't have done it without them!

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Hannah J

We used the Chapel for the ceremony. Just beautiful! and the coordinator ran the wedding very well. The reception banquet hall is also beautiful! And the food is to die for. As with any venue, be sure you know exactly what the contract states will be included, but Michaela was... Read More great to work with! They ran the reception so I didn't have to think about a thing but enjoying myself. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Sarah H

I got married in Abigail's Garden a month ago, and it was absolutely the best day, ever! Everything went perfectly, in most part, thanks to Abernethy Center and its staff. I have to credit Abernethy with helping me find some amazing vendors, such as my photographers (Steele... Read More Photography), and ceremony musicians (Duo Con Brio). My husband and I were given a packet that contained info on preferred vendors, which led us to the aforementioned vendors, who contributed in our perfect day! So, you can say that the Abernethy Center was beyond helpful from the start. They invited us to a Chef's preview a few months before the wedding so we could sample delicious food, and decide on our dinner menu. We filled out a menu worksheet, which our event specialist, Elizabeth kept until our in person details meeting took place. At this meeting, we were able to discuss not only menu, but timeline/set up etc. Discussing these details in person definitely helped to alleviate some wedding planning stress, especially since we found out Abernethy was was willing to work with us on some timeline/set up issues we had come across. They were very kind, understanding, and helpful! On rehearsal day, we were greeted by our ceremony specialist, Lindsey. She was very sweet and helpful! She lined us up and ran us through our processional/recessional and let us practice until we felt confident that wedding day would go smoothly, and guess what? It did! From our arrival on site to our departure, everything went perfectly. Lindsey was there to guide us through everything and field any vendor questions so that my husband and I could relax and enjoy our day. Service from the staff was exceptional the entire day! The food was delicious- we received lots of compliments on it! We had a dessert bar, and Abernethy even worked with us and made us a Smore's bar, which was a HUGE HIT! Everyone (especially my husband and I) enjoyed our time in Abigail's Garden! Everything was SO BEAUTIFUL and turned out PERFECTLY!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Hanna d

Our wedding in Abigail's Garden came together perfectly! We could not be more pleased by how magical the event turned out. All of our guests were blown away - many said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. In the tent, we opted for lanterns, no draping, and the... Read More affect was perfect. The Abernethy staff and coordinators were very friendly and helpful - and very responsive to my many emails filled with questions! These guys are PROS. They have a system in place and will help guide you through the entire process. Especially since this was a "destination" wedding for us, Abernethy made planning from out of state a breeze. Thank you all for making our day so special.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Sarah J

This place was seriously beautiful! I can't believe how good my pictures looked. We were in the Veiled Garden with a ballroom reception and it was an amazing setting. The ceremony felt like we were far away from everything, even though we were right in town. The ballroom was a... Read More fantastic place for a reception. The getting ready room had plenty of space, the go-to woman for the day was incredibly helpful. They were so on top of everything, I can't believe how smoothly everything flowed. I know they always so that something always goes wrong at a wedding, but absolutely nothing did. We did a morning wedding, with a brunch reception and a mimosa bar. I worked with Elizabeth to put together a perfect menu, bar selection, table design, everything. They were very reasonable, and totally willing to go over things time and again to make sure that it was all just right. I cannot say enough good things about the food. We served brunch, and everything was beyond delicious. People have been complimenting me on the food ever since the wedding. Some of the best food they've ever had at a wedding. I would absolutely recommend the apple smoke bacon. I know bacon doesn't sound like a fancy wedding treat, but seriously, it was the best bacon I've ever had in my life! And the setting was just so beautiful. It looked like something out of a fairy tale. It was perfect for our morning wedding, as the sun was just coming through the leaves as the ceremony began. Several people inquired about how to book the Abernethy Center for themselves. It is seriously one of the most beautiful wedding venues in the Portland area. I cannot recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Sarah L

I found the Abernethy Center through wedding magz and decided they were exactly what I wanted for the price I wanted to pay. I decided on a thursday afternoon, 3pm, I choose the veiled garden and ballroom so I could have an outdoor factor and inside eating w/ AC and the freshest... Read More food. It truly made the venue worth the bucks paid! Unfortunately, about 5 months before the wedding my wedding specialist with venue quit and I had to switch specialists. This pretty much made me have to go over things again and might have overall impacted the quality of my day. I worked with Elizabeth for the last months, she is very sweet, professional and super responsive. They included catering which was a huge mark off my list and the food the day off was AMAZING. I have recieved nothing but great things from guests about it! For a wedding venue I would expect the following things to have not have happened. First things first, when decorating, thankfully we got to do it after rehearsal, the tablecloths were the WRONG COLOR! I couldn't believe it, and luckily it went with the rest of the colors still so I did decide to keep it, but come on people! Secondly, originally I was told my sweetheart table would be round, with a gray table and purple napkins (opposite of my other tables) I was surprised to find a rectangular table with a black tablecloth (a server table really). Thirdly and most importantly, my day of coordinator Lydia did not take her job as seriously as I would have liked. Lydia either did not insure things were done and liked to make excuses for everything. Also, there was wedding crashers or people from another wedding CONSTANTLY coming into the venue! WTF! I would think a venue or Lydia could handle something like this. Guests sat down and even signed my guest book, was a stupid mess and was not ideal. Overall, I had a great day but with most of the mistakes I felt didn't need to happen and were ultimately on the venue, the choice is up to you!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016

Abigail's garden is a beautiful location... I had my wedding in July and the weather ended up being great. I recommend draping the tent if you decide to have your wedding in Abigail's Garden it adds sophistication and flare to any outside wedding. My soda bar was a hit with all... Read More my guests it was a great way to add a personal touch, making our own signature drinks.. Make sure you know what you want before hand as they have so much to offer it can be overwhelming...

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Phuong Nam D

Abigail's garden at Abernethy Center was beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a better venue to celebrate our wedding. They were responsive and attentive to detail. The catering was delicious, I had so many compliments from the guests. I definitely recommend this venue to... Read More everyone.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Jessica R

We are very, very happy we had our wedding at Abigail's Garden at Abernethy Center!! From the very beginning their staff was professional, friendly, and genuine. It was evident that our event coordinator and our day of specialist truly cared about us and wanted to help us make... Read More our wedding beautiful and special in every way that they could. We loved their inclusive service, that really set them apart from other vendors we looked at. Our ceremony and reception spaces looked absolutely amazing, the sound system worked great, not to mention that their chefs are amazing; all of our guests kept raving about the food! The staff at Abernethy know weddings inside and out. They pay attention to the little details and are attentive to the needs and wants of the bride and groom. We have nothing but positive words to say about our experience. We would highly recommend Abernethy Center!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Molly N

My husband and I were just married at this venue a few weeks ago and we had the absolute best wedding day! Our ceremony was in the chapel and the reception was in the ballroom. Elizabeth was very helpful during the whole wedding planning process. Our ceremony specialist Sarah... Read More was the sweetest and she made the whole day run so smoothly. All of my guests were so impressed with the food and they thought both the chapel and ballroom looked beautiful. I can't think of anything negative to say!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Anna M

The food and atmosphere were amazing!! Absolutely stunning venue!! And the day of coordinator was so very kind. She definitely made the day all about me and my husband!!!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Kayli S

I was in a wedding here recently and everything seemed to be going great until we met the "manager" of the ballroom area. She first introduced herself by yelling at the entire bridal party. I walked into the bridal suite while this was happening and was not sure why she... Read More was yelling, something about alcohol. I looked around the room and saw no alcohol in the room. Then, after we were finished with the ceremony, the bridesmaids and I briefly returned to the bridal suite. We noticed that all of our purses and bags had been searched through, with things thrown on the floor. Apparently one of the bridesmaids had some outside alcohol in a bag, and the entire bag was taken. None of us were in the room while our bags were being searched since we were all in the wedding ceremony. Later, I asked a server if I could see the manager. I explained to her that an employee had searched through our personal belongings during the wedding ceremony. I also explained that while one bag did have alcohol in it, the rest of our bags did not and we felt like our privacy was invaded when somebody came into the room while we weren't present to search through our things. At first she tried to lie about it, and then she said "If somebody hadn't broken the policy then I wouldn't have searched through your bags and purses." So it was the manager herself that searched through our belongings! I tried again to explain that this was an invasion of privacy and her only responses were to accuse me of bringing in alcohol (it was not me) and ask why the culprit would not speak to me herself. I tried again to explain that it was not about the alcohol, but the fact that ALL of our bags and purses were rifled through. All she would say was "What do you want me to do about it now?" I have never encountered such a rude person in a hospitality environment. The strict no-outside-alcohol policy would not have been a problem in itself, but the means to enforce the policy are outrageous and violating. I would never recommend this venue to anybody after experiencing such a violation of privacy and a mentally unstable and rude manager.

Too Expensive

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Marissa G

The Abernathy Center is beautiful and I always dreamed of getting married there. But the price is way too much. The hardest part is that you have to use there catering, and that's where all the dollars add up. Also, you will need to book this venue about a year in advance if you... Read More want a decent date. I am bummed I couldn't get married here for budget reasons, but it would be great for a bride with a big enough budget.

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 2/08/2015

I got married 6 months ago at the Abernethy Center in Abigail's Garden. My Event Specialist was Laura and she was absolutely the best to work with through the whole wedding planning process and it definitely was the best day of my life! Laura is the most nicest person and... Read More definitely reassures you that your wedding day will be great and I would definitely recommend her to anyone that is getting married at the Abernethy Center. On my wedding day my wedding officiant was 45 minutes late and my day of coordinator Amy, made me feel at ease and not to worry that everything would be ok. Amy had the caterers serve my guests appetizers and wine before the ceremony while we waited on the wedding officiant and after the wedding my guests told me how well that all worked out and I was so happy everyone was pleased and I can't thank the Abernethy Center enough for making those changes to make my guests happy while we waited on the wedding officiant. Overall having my wedding at the Abernethy Center was a great decision and I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!!!

My wedding was perfect!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Sarah A

I have nothing negative to say about the Abernethy Center. Not going to lie, it's not cheap, but it was worth every penny. I really appreciated the military discount. I started working with Laura from the day we booked the venue to the week of the wedding (over a year time... Read More frame) and she was the absolute best. I probably asked her literally a thousand questions and e-mailed her a bunch but she was always patient with me and always got back to me. At the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, we worked with Amy who was also super Awesome :] Her and my coordinator worked very well together. The chapel and the ballroom were extremely beautiful and elegant. The staff, every single person, the coat check, servers, etc, were all polite, professional, just excellent all around. The food was AMAZING. It's like the kind of food you get at 5 star restaurants. I got the "silver birch" table runners that looked amazing with my winter theme. The lighting was perfect. It was nice that they had a projector and screen built into the ceiling, one less thing to worry about. They made sure everything flowed smoothly and went according to the timeline. I don't know what else to say, everything was just perfect.

So happy with the Abernethy!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

Laura was amazing! She was so helpful with planning our wedding and always quick to respond to my numerous emails. The day of, all the staff were extremely helpful and I didn't need to worry about a thing. Beautiful venue and great food, too!

Fairytale come true!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Dakota M

After our first venue suddenly fell through on us, we frantically searched for a second-best option with less than 2 months to spare! Probably the most stressful time of my life. Somehow, and I still don't know how it wasn't booked, the Abernethy center had a spot available for... Read More us. As soon as I toured Abigail gardens, I was instantly grateful that our first venue fell through because Abernethy jumped from what we thought would be our second-best choice to the venue of our dreams. Not exaggerating. The bare bones of the venue are enough in itself to make for a magical wedding, but when coupled with your personal style & decoration, it comes alive. Nearly all of my guests came to us at some point and said it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever been to! I feel that a lot of that credit goes to the unfailing help & support of the Abernethy crew. During the process of planning, Elizabeth helped me through every concern and question I had. Even up until the night before the wedding day! When the day came, I was able to relax and enjoy every moment, knowing that everything was in good hands. And I think, that, is the most priceless thing for a bride. To be able to enjoy your special day, knowing that the people you hired, are professionally and immaculately taking care of every detail you spent hours on hours planning for! The reception was seamless. Thank you Abernethy center for making my wedding dreams a reality!