Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill Mansion

Tarrytown, NY

Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill Mansion

On the former estate of Mark Twain, Tappan Hill Mansion overlooks rolling hills, the Hudson River, and the distant Palisades. Combining a private mansion with the charm of a country setting, it is a tranquil oasis just 45 minutes from midtown Manhattan. With bridal suites, indoor-outdoor ceremony areas, and a marble-floored rotunda to welcome guests, the venue is also famous for its superb Abigail Kirsch food and service. Tappan Hill is perfect for hosting intimate gatherings to Mansion-wide celebrations for 500. The Hudson Room is ideal for smaller weddings, while the Pavilion Room hosts larger gatherings. Both rooms have expansive glass, stunning backdrops and all the requisite amenities — everything to make your wedding a night to remember.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010

81 Highland Avenue, Tarrytown, NY (914) 631-3030

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Alison F

Tappan Hill Mansion is truly the perfect wedding venue. From the ceremony space, reception space, food to the staff, everything was perfect. Our main goal with our wedding was to provide a wonderful experience for our guests - and that's why we picked Tappan Hill! The venue is... Read More easy to get to from Westchester and NY (close to the Metro North and Sheraton / Marriott hotels nearby). There is tons of parking, including valet, and you can have the ceremony and reception in the same place! From the moment guests arrive, they can feel at home. The Tappan Hill staff was always incredibly responsive, and our event coordinator, Ed, was a true professional. He is a wedding expert, and asked all of the right questions ahead of time, so everything ran incredibly smoothly. He spoke with all of our vendors individually, prior to the event, and coordinated everything perfectly. The outdoor ceremony space is gorgeous, and all of the food was delicious. We picked from a PowerPoint list of all food options (unfortunately no tasting!) The cocktail hour provided lots of delicious finger food and drink. At the reception, each table gets its own waiter, and the staff is very accommodating with allergies and dietary restrictions. Everything ran smoothly with the event setup (thanks to Ed and the staff, we didn't have to think about anything!) and the event was seamless as well. Most importantly, all of our guests had a fabulous time! Many said it was the best wedding they ever attended!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Abbi S

We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding. The level of professionalism and organization from the entire staff is outstanding and allows you to really just enjoy your wedding day. We were lucky enough to have Ed Steinberg as our coordinator and we could not be... Read More more thankful. Ed is just incredible. He is organized and meticulous down to every minor detail. He is steps ahead in his planning and thinking and makes the day run so smoothly. He is also such a calming to presence to have on an understandably stressful day. Ed was truly such a huge part in making our wedding the best day of our lives. He even played the drums with the band!!! The rest of the Tappan Hill staff are also amazing and attentive, they were on top of anything and everything we could have possibly needed. In addition to the stunning setting, inside and out, the food is absolutely incredible and the variety of options to choose from is endless. We still have family members calling to talk about how amazing the food was. Our wedding was everything we hoped for and more and we owe so much of that to Ed and the incredible staff at Tappan Hill! We could not more highly recommend Tappan Hill!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Rebecca

We just had our wedding this June at Tappan Hill Mansion. It truly was even more perfect and beautiful than I ever could have imagined it to be! A few of my friends told me that I should be prepared to have something go wrong during the wedding and to just let it happen and not... Read More stress...they said that this always happens at every wedding... I am not exaggerating when I say that absolutely everything was as wonderful, stunning, joyous and incredible as I hoped it would be. Ed Steinberg was the man who made this all possible. Of course Tappan Hill is stunning, both inside and out, and the professionalism that goes along with having an Abigail Kirsch venue means that you will have the very best food, staff and event know-how, but Ed was the one who made all of the details and planning come to life in the most amazing and perfect way possible. He was our event manager as he was true to his word when he said that "he would take care of everything on our wedding day"! He was always five steps ahead and somehow made sure that I was taken care of with warmth and clarity and that everyone in my bridal party, my family, my groom and his family, were all attended to, guided and helped in every possible way they needed. Along with Ed, I must highlight the incredibly delicious food! My guests are still talking about the food 3 weeks later. I highly recommend Tappan Hill Mansion, Ed Steinberg and Abigail Kirsch!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Kristen R

We could not have asked for a more perfect setting for our reception than Tappan Hill Mansion. From the moment we saw their photos here on The Knot, we knew that this was where we wanted our wedding, and after visiting we were not disappointed! We were so lucky to have Ed... Read More Steinberg as our event manager, and he went above and beyond to make sure our day went smoothly! From the moment we met with him to choose our menu to our final meeting with him the week of our wedding, we knew that we would be in good hands. Ed made sure that all of our toasts, special dances, speeches and cake cutting were right on schedule, and let us know throughout the night exactly what would be happening next. While there was no food tasting, it didn't matter because Abigail Kirsch is just that good! I guarantee that no one will be going home hungry! The cocktail hour was phenomenal and the dinner was even better. Our guests were raving all night, and we had multiple people tell us that they felt like they were at a five star restaurant instead of a wedding! Tappan Hill far exceeded our expectations and we could not have asked for anything better for our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Paul S

You will absolutely have the most exceptional experience here. We looked for what felt like forever for the perfect spot that didn't feel "marriage factory" or "cookie cutter", we wanted something that really felt special. The venue is absolutely breathtaking with sweeping views... Read More of the Hudson river valley, the food is dream worthy (Abigail Kirsch catering!), but beyond all that, the staff and the overall experience of planning our wedding was so warm, friendly, flexible, and stress free. We could not have executed a more perfect day or a day that was so uniquely us without the help of the staff, and especially our day of coordinator, at Tappan Hill. When the day came, we did not have to worry or thing about anything but getting married and celebrating with family, everything was handled so we could truly enjoy ourselves. The entire planning process with Tappan Hill was so easy; no question of ours was stupid or too big to ask, and every detail was went over with a fine tooth comb to ensure we had everything perfect. If you want a classy, intimate and personal, but rave worthy wedding you can not go wrong here. We can not recommend this place enough, and please consider inviting us to your wedding at Tappan Hill cause we can wait to go back! ;-)

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Lisa R

I truly cannot express what an incredible venue Tappan Hill is! The beauty of the location, the professionalism of the staff, and the quality of the food is unsurpassed. From the moment my husband and I set foot in Tappan Hill, we knew it was the venue of our dreams. We fell... Read More in love with the history (it was Mark Twain's former estate) and the beautiful location along the Hudson. It was also an easy 45 minute drive from downtown Manhattan, where our ceremony was held. While we had never been to a wedding at an Abigail Kirsch location, we had heard from many of our friends that the food was the best they'd ever had at a wedding. All these things put together meant that booking our wedding at Tappan Hill was a no brainer- and it was the best decision we could have made! Ed Steinberg was our event coordinator and he was truly outstanding. Working with him was a real pleasure- he was so thorough, professional, and thoughtful in his recommendations to create the perfect menu and timeline. The day of the wedding, Ed worked quietly behind the scenes to make sure that everything ran absolutely perfectly. He was able to triage everything so that my husband and I were able to enjoy every single moment of our reception- I didn't feel even for a second that I had anything to worry about, Ed had everything 100% under control. That feeling was the greatest gift we could have asked for. On top of that, everyone was right about the food-- it was INCREDIBLE! A month after our wedding our guests are still raving about the food, the quality of the servers, and the beauty of the venue. Thank you Tappan Hill & Ed for giving us and our guests the best wedding we could have asked for!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Dana P

I can't say enough good things about Tappan Hill. We had our wedding there a few weeks ago and it was SPECTACULAR. Our guests were coming up to us saying it was by far the best wedding they had ever been to. First class operation across the board - amazing food, breathtaking... Read More venue, and staff is highly detailed, personable and dedicated to providing you with the best day ever. And it truly was. Thanks to Paul and his staff for an incredible wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Amanda F

What a beautiful venue! The grounds and location are wonderful and created an amazing setting for our wedding. We worked with Paul Richards for our lead event coordinator and he was accommodating and attentive. He helped to coordinate with all our vendors so that timing went... Read More smoothly and our guests had a great night. I most appreciated that he was vigilant to make us feel as though we could be guests at our own wedding and everything else was taken care of!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Christina L

PERFECTION!!!! My husband and I are SO happy that we chose the Tappan Hill Mansion for our wedding. After looking at a ton of venues we knew this was the one! Even though it is stunning what won us over was the staff! Caitlin and Paul were a pleasure to work with; so incredibly... Read More professional and helpful, they made the entire process a joy. Paul was a god send and made sure my entire day went perfectly, and it did! The food is INCREDIBLE, all of our guests keep raving about it! Everything about this venue is incredible, the best day ever!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Laura P

I can't say enough great things about this venue. It's beautiful, the food is fantastic (people are still telling me how delicious everything was weeks later!) and they are so on top of all the details that I didn't have to worry about a single thing. They provide a day-of... Read More coordinator (we had Ed) which is so wonderful. He tended to our every need and made sure the day went off seamlessly. I recommend this to anyone looking for a beautiful, hassle free venue on the Hudson!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Michelle C

Tappan Hill was the best choice we made. Everyone we worked with from Candace at booking to Ed our unmatched wedding coordinator was a pleasure to work with. I was so floored by the professionalism and level of service. Ed was a dream. He made our evening so easy. We didn't have... Read More to worry about a thing. Our guests are still raving about the food. You can not ever go wrong with Abigail Kirsch Catering. Add the gorgeous tappan hill setting and service by pros like Ed and you have a dream wedding.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Sarah R

We fell in love with the beautiful Pavilion Room at Tappan Hill Mansion after looking at a number of different venues throughout Westchester and northern New Jersey. Working with Tappan Hill, Paul, and the rest of the staff made the entire process of wedding planning a breeze.... Read More As type-A people we were already relatively organized so all we had to do was pass along our desires which were flawlessly executed. The food was exceptional, people are still telling us a month later how wonderful our wedding was! What a perfect day!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Tamara S

We fell in love with Tappan Hill the moment we walked in. We wanted a vegan wedding and the Abigail Kirsch team made a vegan menu just for us. The food was amazing - even our skeptical meat eating guests raved about it. Our coordinator, Paul, was the best! He was so great... Read More leading up to the wedding and paid attention to every detail. He was responsive and patient with all of our questions, anxieties, and last minute changes. He was also great on the Wedding Day - everything went so smoothly! We'd recommend Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill to anyone looking for a Westchester wedding venue and advise the you request Paul!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Peter T

Tappan Hill exceeded every expectation in every way possible. Our wedding coordinator, Paul, was absolutely amazing and took care of every detail we could think of, and plenty of others we didn't think of. The entire staff went so far out of their way to ensure we had the most... Read More amazing ceremony and reception. You could not possibly have a better food and venue combination

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Cristina U

I had my reception in the Hudson Room and Tappan Hill Mansion and it was perfect. All the guests raved about the food and the service. Our event planner was Paul and he went above in beyond to guide us along the way and we appreciated his true honesty and feedback. That day,... Read More Paul was very attentive and flexible in slight last minute changes that occurred. For this reason we are grateful for this. My wedding was 2 weeks ago and I still am already craving the food and our wedding cake. I promise you, the guests will not leave hungry.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 J C

Incredible, beautiful venue. Everything was perfect, and Ed is a superbly competent wedding manager (I highly recommend that you don't hire a planner beforehand and just rely on Ed; he knows what he's doing and is extremely good at it). The ceremony outside was gorgeous, and... Read More everyone in the TH team was a pleasure to work with. I experienced no stress on my wedding day thanks to Tappan Hill's excellent organization and management, and was able to absorb and immerse myself in every minute of the ceremony and events after. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Azadeh Z

We can't say enough about how amazing our experience was with Tappan Hill. From the initial meeting to the end of our wedding celebration the staff and service was outstanding! They truly let us feel like guests at our own wedding. Throughout the entire event our guests gushed... Read More over the beauty of the venue, the exquisite food and excellent service.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Rachel A

We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding. Tappan Hill was absolutely perfect and I still can't get over how beautiful to entire place was. Ed helped make our day run incredibly smoothly and answered any and all questions leading up to the big day. Our guests... Read More are still raving about how good the food was and the entire wedding itself. We love Tappan Hill!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Laura T

Everything about Tappen Hill was amazing! The venue, the views, THE STAFF, and THE FOOD!! Our guests couldn't stop raving about the food from cocktail hour through dessert and of course the entrees!! Paul at Tappen Hill was great to work with and recommendations were greatly... Read More appreciated. During our early consultations he never once pushed an item from the menu on us or make recommendations that were beyond our agreed upon budget. On the day of our ceremony and reception, Paul's staff made everyone feel welcomed. Paul himself went above and beyond to help us keep the day moving slowly to ensure there was plenty of time to eat, drink, and dance the night away. I highly recommend Tappen Hill as it is top notch!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Renee H

Top Notch Everything! The best of the best in Westchester. The level of service was spectacular. A breathtaking view, that allowed for a romantic ceremony. Ed was wedding planner and made sure everything was done exactly to plan, as well as, providing advice where needed. Ed... Read More and his staff were a pleasure to work with and paid attention to detail on the night of. The food was delicious – that our guests are still raving about! It was a worry free day that we didn’t have to think twice about something, because it either was already done or handled in the matter of seconds. Truly an amazing venue!

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015

We could not have asked for a better wedding. The venue, Tappan Hill Mansion is gorgeous, overlooking the Hudson River in the Hudson Valley. The service was outstanding and each employee was wonderful. The food was excellent and there were some fantastic choices. Our guests... Read More raved about it! Our event manager, Paul Richards was superb. He made everything go extremely smoothly and there was not one thing that was left undone. Any request made, he made happen! He was the reason our wedding was so fabulous! I would highly recommend this venue!

great service

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Emily S

everything was done without a hitch. I didn't have to worry about a single thing that day. The service of all the attendants, the event manager and wait staff was exceptional.

Excellent Service and a Great Event

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Sara H

Taipan Hill provided an excellent wedding for my husband and I. They have weddings down to a science so no detail gets overlooked. Paul, our coordinator was great to work with and kept all of the vendors organized, I had absolutely nothing to worry about the day of the... Read More wedding besides enjoying time with friends and family. Also the food was fabulous all of my guest commented on how great the food was. My only 2 critiques are: - If you are bride who doesn't really knows what you want, i.e you haven't been to a ton of weddings there are lot of choices to make and it can be overwhelming, Paul was great but a lot of times he would go through things faster than I could handle because I just had no idea what he was talking about. - We went through an outside vendor for our cake(they gave us a credit), I thought their designs were boring, while they said they could so something more elaborate for a fee they won't let you talk to the bakers directly to establish your idea before quoting you.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Debbie Z

Our wedding at Tappan Hill was even more beautiful than I could ever have imagined. In addition to the gorgeous venue and the incredible food, the staff is exceptional, especially Ed, our wedding event manager. He was incredibly responsive to any question or request throughout... Read More the process, unbelievably organized, and his attention to detail was amazing. From finding thread to sew on a button that fell off my dad's tuxedo shortly before the ceremony, to coordinating with the florist and seamlessly moving our ceremony indoors when it started raining a half hour before the ceremony, everything went off without a hitch! I did not need to worry about anything the day of the wedding because Ed had accounted for, thought of and handled anything I could possibly think of. Ed and the staff at Tappan Hill truly made our wedding perfect!!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Anastassia P

Tappan Hill truly did everything in their power to make sure our wedding went off without a hitch, and it did! The staff was always helpful and responsive during the planning process, and were able to accommodate most all of our requests. The saleswoman we dealt with, Caitlin,... Read More was as helpful as can be in the early stages of planning, and then our event manager Paul took over and did a phenomenal job. Many guests raved about how helpful and on top of things Paul was during out event, as he made sure it ran smoothly and successfully. We booked the Hudson room because we had a smaller wedding of about 80 guests. This was a great size although they certainly could have accommodated more guests if we had them. The outdoor garden we got married in was beautiful in early September, the cocktail hour with views of the Hudson was gorgeous, and the whole floor of the ballroom where our reception was is wood, so it's all a dance floor, and everyone had an amazing time! Best day of our lives, largely thanks to Tappan Hill!