Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill Mansion

Historic Venue

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010

81 Highland Avenue, Tarrytown, NY

Top quality everything - cannot ask for more!

Reviewed on 8/29/2010 Yunting L

After months of searching for our wedding venue we decided to pick Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill. We wanted to have a worry-free wedding day and the level of service from Abigail Kirsch gave us very high confidence, not to mention that Tappan Hill Mansion is such a beautiful... Read More place with a classy style that we are sure our guests would appreciate. We are so happy that we made this choice as everything on our wedding day went absolutely perfect! Our event manager Kathy was incredible. The weather was very unpredictable that day with forecast of thunderstorm right at the time of our ceremony. I was so surprised to find out that the staff actually set up both indoor and outdoor space and Kathy absolutely waited until the last moment to make a call on where to direct our guests. During all this time we were busy with our photographer to have family photos taken and Kathy was so calm and made us not worry about anything. I am very impressed with her as she is definitely on top of everything and extremely pleasant to work with. The food and service are both top-notch and we received so much compliments from our guests and they all raved about the food - from the cocktail to dinner everything matches their 5-star reputation. We cannot be more pleased, and at the end we had a stress-free day and could totally enjoy it. I will not hesitate to recommend Abigail Kirsch to anyone and Kathy is absolutely the best!

Amazing

Reviewed on 1/26/2011 Fabiola V

Our wedding was amazing. It was stress free thanks to our wedding coordinator, Kathy. The entire staff was wonderful. The food was delicious, the space was breathtaking! We have gotten so many compliment from our guest from everything from the food, to how helpful the staff... Read More was and the beauty of Tappan Hill. We are so happy with everything the entire staff made our special day memorable.

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 Kristin Q

Food was above & beyond what you could ever expect at a wedding. Service was good, staff was very nice to work with.

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Peter T

Tappan Hill exceeded every expectation in every way possible. Our wedding coordinator, Paul, was absolutely amazing and took care of every detail we could think of, and plenty of others we didn't think of. The entire staff went so far out of their way to ensure we had the most... Read More amazing ceremony and reception. You could not possibly have a better food and venue combination

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Cristina U

I had my reception in the Hudson Room and Tappan Hill Mansion and it was perfect. All the guests raved about the food and the service. Our event planner was Paul and he went above in beyond to guide us along the way and we appreciated his true honesty and feedback. That day,... Read More Paul was very attentive and flexible in slight last minute changes that occurred. For this reason we are grateful for this. My wedding was 2 weeks ago and I still am already craving the food and our wedding cake. I promise you, the guests will not leave hungry.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Alison F

Tappan Hill Mansion is truly the perfect wedding venue. From the ceremony space, reception space, food to the staff, everything was perfect. Our main goal with our wedding was to provide a wonderful experience for our guests - and that's why we picked Tappan Hill! The venue is... Read More easy to get to from Westchester and NY (close to the Metro North and Sheraton / Marriott hotels nearby). There is tons of parking, including valet, and you can have the ceremony and reception in the same place! From the moment guests arrive, they can feel at home. The Tappan Hill staff was always incredibly responsive, and our event coordinator, Ed, was a true professional. He is a wedding expert, and asked all of the right questions ahead of time, so everything ran incredibly smoothly. He spoke with all of our vendors individually, prior to the event, and coordinated everything perfectly. The outdoor ceremony space is gorgeous, and all of the food was delicious. We picked from a PowerPoint list of all food options (unfortunately no tasting!) The cocktail hour provided lots of delicious finger food and drink. At the reception, each table gets its own waiter, and the staff is very accommodating with allergies and dietary restrictions. Everything ran smoothly with the event setup (thanks to Ed and the staff, we didn't have to think about anything!) and the event was seamless as well. Most importantly, all of our guests had a fabulous time! Many said it was the best wedding they ever attended!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Abbi S

We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding. The level of professionalism and organization from the entire staff is outstanding and allows you to really just enjoy your wedding day. We were lucky enough to have Ed Steinberg as our coordinator and we could not be... Read More more thankful. Ed is just incredible. He is organized and meticulous down to every minor detail. He is steps ahead in his planning and thinking and makes the day run so smoothly. He is also such a calming to presence to have on an understandably stressful day. Ed was truly such a huge part in making our wedding the best day of our lives. He even played the drums with the band!!! The rest of the Tappan Hill staff are also amazing and attentive, they were on top of anything and everything we could have possibly needed. In addition to the stunning setting, inside and out, the food is absolutely incredible and the variety of options to choose from is endless. We still have family members calling to talk about how amazing the food was. Our wedding was everything we hoped for and more and we owe so much of that to Ed and the incredible staff at Tappan Hill! We could not more highly recommend Tappan Hill!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 J C

Incredible, beautiful venue. Everything was perfect, and Ed is a superbly competent wedding manager (I highly recommend that you don't hire a planner beforehand and just rely on Ed; he knows what he's doing and is extremely good at it). The ceremony outside was gorgeous, and... Read More everyone in the TH team was a pleasure to work with. I experienced no stress on my wedding day thanks to Tappan Hill's excellent organization and management, and was able to absorb and immerse myself in every minute of the ceremony and events after. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Azadeh Z

We can't say enough about how amazing our experience was with Tappan Hill. From the initial meeting to the end of our wedding celebration the staff and service was outstanding! They truly let us feel like guests at our own wedding. Throughout the entire event our guests gushed... Read More over the beauty of the venue, the exquisite food and excellent service.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Rebecca

We just had our wedding this June at Tappan Hill Mansion. It truly was even more perfect and beautiful than I ever could have imagined it to be! A few of my friends told me that I should be prepared to have something go wrong during the wedding and to just let it happen and not... Read More stress...they said that this always happens at every wedding... I am not exaggerating when I say that absolutely everything was as wonderful, stunning, joyous and incredible as I hoped it would be. Ed Steinberg was the man who made this all possible. Of course Tappan Hill is stunning, both inside and out, and the professionalism that goes along with having an Abigail Kirsch venue means that you will have the very best food, staff and event know-how, but Ed was the one who made all of the details and planning come to life in the most amazing and perfect way possible. He was our event manager as he was true to his word when he said that "he would take care of everything on our wedding day"! He was always five steps ahead and somehow made sure that I was taken care of with warmth and clarity and that everyone in my bridal party, my family, my groom and his family, were all attended to, guided and helped in every possible way they needed. Along with Ed, I must highlight the incredibly delicious food! My guests are still talking about the food 3 weeks later. I highly recommend Tappan Hill Mansion, Ed Steinberg and Abigail Kirsch!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Rachel A

We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding. Tappan Hill was absolutely perfect and I still can't get over how beautiful to entire place was. Ed helped make our day run incredibly smoothly and answered any and all questions leading up to the big day. Our guests... Read More are still raving about how good the food was and the entire wedding itself. We love Tappan Hill!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Laura T

Everything about Tappen Hill was amazing! The venue, the views, THE STAFF, and THE FOOD!! Our guests couldn't stop raving about the food from cocktail hour through dessert and of course the entrees!! Paul at Tappen Hill was great to work with and recommendations were greatly... Read More appreciated. During our early consultations he never once pushed an item from the menu on us or make recommendations that were beyond our agreed upon budget. On the day of our ceremony and reception, Paul's staff made everyone feel welcomed. Paul himself went above and beyond to help us keep the day moving slowly to ensure there was plenty of time to eat, drink, and dance the night away. I highly recommend Tappen Hill as it is top notch!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Renee H

Top Notch Everything! The best of the best in Westchester. The level of service was spectacular. A breathtaking view, that allowed for a romantic ceremony. Ed was wedding planner and made sure everything was done exactly to plan, as well as, providing advice where needed. Ed... Read More and his staff were a pleasure to work with and paid attention to detail on the night of. The food was delicious – that our guests are still raving about! It was a worry free day that we didn’t have to think twice about something, because it either was already done or handled in the matter of seconds. Truly an amazing venue!

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015

We could not have asked for a better wedding. The venue, Tappan Hill Mansion is gorgeous, overlooking the Hudson River in the Hudson Valley. The service was outstanding and each employee was wonderful. The food was excellent and there were some fantastic choices. Our guests... Read More raved about it! Our event manager, Paul Richards was superb. He made everything go extremely smoothly and there was not one thing that was left undone. Any request made, he made happen! He was the reason our wedding was so fabulous! I would highly recommend this venue!

great service

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Emily S

everything was done without a hitch. I didn't have to worry about a single thing that day. The service of all the attendants, the event manager and wait staff was exceptional.

Excellent Service and a Great Event

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Sara H

Taipan Hill provided an excellent wedding for my husband and I. They have weddings down to a science so no detail gets overlooked. Paul, our coordinator was great to work with and kept all of the vendors organized, I had absolutely nothing to worry about the day of the... Read More wedding besides enjoying time with friends and family. Also the food was fabulous all of my guest commented on how great the food was. My only 2 critiques are: - If you are bride who doesn't really knows what you want, i.e you haven't been to a ton of weddings there are lot of choices to make and it can be overwhelming, Paul was great but a lot of times he would go through things faster than I could handle because I just had no idea what he was talking about. - We went through an outside vendor for our cake(they gave us a credit), I thought their designs were boring, while they said they could so something more elaborate for a fee they won't let you talk to the bakers directly to establish your idea before quoting you.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Debbie Z

Our wedding at Tappan Hill was even more beautiful than I could ever have imagined. In addition to the gorgeous venue and the incredible food, the staff is exceptional, especially Ed, our wedding event manager. He was incredibly responsive to any question or request throughout... Read More the process, unbelievably organized, and his attention to detail was amazing. From finding thread to sew on a button that fell off my dad's tuxedo shortly before the ceremony, to coordinating with the florist and seamlessly moving our ceremony indoors when it started raining a half hour before the ceremony, everything went off without a hitch! I did not need to worry about anything the day of the wedding because Ed had accounted for, thought of and handled anything I could possibly think of. Ed and the staff at Tappan Hill truly made our wedding perfect!!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Anastassia P

Tappan Hill truly did everything in their power to make sure our wedding went off without a hitch, and it did! The staff was always helpful and responsive during the planning process, and were able to accommodate most all of our requests. The saleswoman we dealt with, Caitlin,... Read More was as helpful as can be in the early stages of planning, and then our event manager Paul took over and did a phenomenal job. Many guests raved about how helpful and on top of things Paul was during out event, as he made sure it ran smoothly and successfully. We booked the Hudson room because we had a smaller wedding of about 80 guests. This was a great size although they certainly could have accommodated more guests if we had them. The outdoor garden we got married in was beautiful in early September, the cocktail hour with views of the Hudson was gorgeous, and the whole floor of the ballroom where our reception was is wood, so it's all a dance floor, and everyone had an amazing time! Best day of our lives, largely thanks to Tappan Hill!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015 Julie B

4 1/2 stars Tappan Hill Mansion is an excellent option for couples seeking an outdoor ceremony venue with a breathtaking view, a unique and airy cocktail hour locale, and a beautiful, large reception venue. Their food was spectacularly presented and delicious. They accommodated... Read More my gluten allergy and made sure I had several options to consume. Our event manager, Paul, was professional, super attentive, and responsive. Overall, our guests were very impressed by our wedding venue. We were surprised by the turnover of staff during our planning process. In addition, there was a calculation error in our event contract that impacted our subsequent budgeting. Despite this, the owner was incredibly responsive and quickly worked with us to resolve the issue. We truly had a wonderful wedding and would not hesitate to recommend Tappan Hill Mansion for your wedding venue!

Wonderful and Memorable

Reviewed on 4/18/2015 Michele P

We had our reception at Tappan Hill, we loved the views and the beautiful detail in the mansion and most of all had heard wonderful things about the Food! Paul was our Event Manager and so wonderful to work with. Once we were within 2 months of our wedding we met with Paul to... Read More go over details and menu, etc. It was so comforting how organized and on top of things he was. He made sure we were happy with everything and followed up with us here and there to make sure there was nothing else we needed. On our wedding day he made sure we were able to get to our cocktail hour and had everything we needed. During the reception he was always accessible in case we needed everything. Such wonderful service! I can't even begin to talk about the food, but the fact that we have family members calling a month later to tell us how good the food was, should tell it all. My only recommendation would be to make sure someone gets you a plate of food from the cocktail hour so you don't miss out on all of the amazing food you picked. Tappan Hill was everything we wanted and more. Thank you Paul and Tappan Hill staff for such a wonderfully memorable night!

Tappan Hill

Reviewed on 6/07/2014 Pretima P

Tappan Hill was the perfect setting and venue for our May, 2014 wedding! The service, staff, food and ambiance gained us so many compliments!

Absolutely Incredible- The Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Christina M

I don't know what else to say but WOW! We could not be happier with our choice of wedding venue! We did not have our ceremony at Tappan Hill, only reception, but our experience was perfect. People are still talking about how amazing our wedding was (top 3 even) and how the... Read More food and atmosphere were just incredible. We chose Tappan Hill particularly for the food (AMAZING! "Best food I've ever had at a wedding.") and we ended up getting so much more. The whole team at Tappan Hill are so friendly and are willing to take care of your every need. We had an "incident" during the reception and our Maitre d' took care of the whole thing without us knowing (I didn't find out until the next day). We highly recommend using the Tappan Hill Mansion for your wedding!!

Perfection, Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Jeff S

They will handle it, they will make it incredible, they will take the stress away. And they will never tell you something is impossible. Ever. Tappan Hill is expensive but it's worth every penny. Since our wedding multiple people have told us how incredible the food was... Read More ("most delicious wedding food ever!" is a common refrain) and the setting, service, and preparation were impeccable. Part of choosing Tappan was for the outdoor, river & valley setting, but we got a rainy day. The setup in the main ball room was so beautifully done that guests didn't even know it wasn't the plan and were still blown away. One piece of advice I would give though is to make sure your photographer is prepared with indoor photo plans in case of rain. Our formal pics were taken in the cocktail space and many didn't come out well. I'm sure we could have found a better spot in Tappan (the entry foyer, ball room, etc) if we'd thought to point it out. Most importantly - and if you're getting married and NOT focusing on this, you need to - Tappan's attention to detail and quality of day-of coordination is shockingly, stunningly, staggeringly high. Ed, Ed, Ed is the MAN. The first time we met with Ed Steinberg, months before the big day, we knew we were in good hands. He will have every minute, every detail consdiered, details that even crazed couples won't have thought of, and he'll have them well in hand minute by minute at Go-time. He was prepared for every eventuality, he took everything off our plate, he Make It Happen. He genuinely wants you to have a wonderful day and it shows. It's truly impressive. As for him by name. Tappan will work with you. Not once in our entire planning period or wedding weekend did we ask for something and have them say "that's impossible." Not once. They worked with us. They did new things at our request. They made it fly. This, to us, was invaluable. We had a terrible experience with the hotel we used for our guests (the biggest negative for Tappan is that hotel options in the area are limited), a place that never said "Yes" to anything, it heaped stress on us for months. Ed and Tappan Hill made our lives easy and our wedding incredible.

Ideal Wedding

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Stephanie L

My husband and I got married at Tappan Hill in May, and it was really our dream wedding. The ceremony space for the Pavillion Room is absolutely beautiful, and at our 6:30 pm ceremony with the sun going down it was truly breathtaking. The space for the cocktail hour is lovely... Read More and spacious, as opposed to many other venues that herd you onto a small patio. The Pavillion Room itself is very elegant and looks stunning when complete with tablecloths and centerpieces. The food was absolutely perfect, from the cocktail hour to the dinner to the cake. We could not have been more pleased with the quality and quantity of the food- both were just right. We worked with Gabe as our event manager, and he was the best! He worked with us on a number of aspects of the wedding and was always kind and funny. He made sure our event went off without a hitch, taking care of so many little details that we hadn't even thought of. Tappan Hill is really a top class wedding venue- beautiful, great food, great service. You won't regret it!

Amazing Food, Service and Locale

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Sarv T

This venue was pricey but worth it. They made my day truly perfect with their service, attention to detail, beautiful location and -- of course -- their food which my guests couldn't stop raving about. My venue coordinator, Gabe, was also a real pleasure to work with. My... Read More mind was at ease knowing he was looking after every detail.

Start a Conversation!