Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill Mansion

Tarrytown, NY

Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill Mansion

On the former estate of Mark Twain, Tappan Hill Mansion overlooks rolling hills, the Hudson River, and the distant Palisades. Combining a private mansion with the charm of a country setting, it is a tranquil oasis just 45 minutes from midtown Manhattan.

Guest Capacity

Historic Venue

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

81 Highland Avenue, Tarrytown, NY

Top quality everything - cannot ask for more!

Reviewed on 8/29/2010 Yunting L

After months of searching for our wedding venue we decided to pick Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill. We wanted to have a worry-free wedding day and the level of service from Abigail Kirsch gave us very high confidence, not to mention that Tappan Hill Mansion is such a beautiful... Read More place with a classy style that we are sure our guests would appreciate. We are so happy that we made this choice as everything on our wedding day went absolutely perfect! Our event manager Kathy was incredible. The weather was very unpredictable that day with forecast of thunderstorm right at the time of our ceremony. I was so surprised to find out that the staff actually set up both indoor and outdoor space and Kathy absolutely waited until the last moment to make a call on where to direct our guests. During all this time we were busy with our photographer to have family photos taken and Kathy was so calm and made us not worry about anything. I am very impressed with her as she is definitely on top of everything and extremely pleasant to work with. The food and service are both top-notch and we received so much compliments from our guests and they all raved about the food - from the cocktail to dinner everything matches their 5-star reputation. We cannot be more pleased, and at the end we had a stress-free day and could totally enjoy it. I will not hesitate to recommend Abigail Kirsch to anyone and Kathy is absolutely the best!

Reviewed on 1/26/2011 Fabiola V

Our wedding was amazing. It was stress free thanks to our wedding coordinator, Kathy. The entire staff was wonderful. The food was delicious, the space was breathtaking! We have gotten so many compliment from our guest from everything from the food, to how helpful the staff... Read More was and the beauty of Tappan Hill. We are so happy with everything the entire staff made our special day memorable.

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 Kristin Q

Food was above & beyond what you could ever expect at a wedding. Service was good, staff was very nice to work with.

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015

We could not have asked for a better wedding. The venue, Tappan Hill Mansion is gorgeous, overlooking the Hudson River in the Hudson Valley. The service was outstanding and each employee was wonderful. The food was excellent and there were some fantastic choices. Our guests... Read More raved about it! Our event manager, Paul Richards was superb. He made everything go extremely smoothly and there was not one thing that was left undone. Any request made, he made happen! He was the reason our wedding was so fabulous! I would highly recommend this venue!

great service

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Emily S

everything was done without a hitch. I didn't have to worry about a single thing that day. The service of all the attendants, the event manager and wait staff was exceptional.

Excellent Service and a Great Event

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Sara H

Taipan Hill provided an excellent wedding for my husband and I. They have weddings down to a science so no detail gets overlooked. Paul, our coordinator was great to work with and kept all of the vendors organized, I had absolutely nothing to worry about the day of the... Read More wedding besides enjoying time with friends and family. Also the food was fabulous all of my guest commented on how great the food was. My only 2 critiques are: - If you are bride who doesn't really knows what you want, i.e you haven't been to a ton of weddings there are lot of choices to make and it can be overwhelming, Paul was great but a lot of times he would go through things faster than I could handle because I just had no idea what he was talking about. - We went through an outside vendor for our cake(they gave us a credit), I thought their designs were boring, while they said they could so something more elaborate for a fee they won't let you talk to the bakers directly to establish your idea before quoting you.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Debbie Z

Our wedding at Tappan Hill was even more beautiful than I could ever have imagined. In addition to the gorgeous venue and the incredible food, the staff is exceptional, especially Ed, our wedding event manager. He was incredibly responsive to any question or request throughout... Read More the process, unbelievably organized, and his attention to detail was amazing. From finding thread to sew on a button that fell off my dad's tuxedo shortly before the ceremony, to coordinating with the florist and seamlessly moving our ceremony indoors when it started raining a half hour before the ceremony, everything went off without a hitch! I did not need to worry about anything the day of the wedding because Ed had accounted for, thought of and handled anything I could possibly think of. Ed and the staff at Tappan Hill truly made our wedding perfect!!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Anastassia P

Tappan Hill truly did everything in their power to make sure our wedding went off without a hitch, and it did! The staff was always helpful and responsive during the planning process, and were able to accommodate most all of our requests. The saleswoman we dealt with, Caitlin,... Read More was as helpful as can be in the early stages of planning, and then our event manager Paul took over and did a phenomenal job. Many guests raved about how helpful and on top of things Paul was during out event, as he made sure it ran smoothly and successfully. We booked the Hudson room because we had a smaller wedding of about 80 guests. This was a great size although they certainly could have accommodated more guests if we had them. The outdoor garden we got married in was beautiful in early September, the cocktail hour with views of the Hudson was gorgeous, and the whole floor of the ballroom where our reception was is wood, so it's all a dance floor, and everyone had an amazing time! Best day of our lives, largely thanks to Tappan Hill!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015 Julie B

4 1/2 stars Tappan Hill Mansion is an excellent option for couples seeking an outdoor ceremony venue with a breathtaking view, a unique and airy cocktail hour locale, and a beautiful, large reception venue. Their food was spectacularly presented and delicious. They accommodated... Read More my gluten allergy and made sure I had several options to consume. Our event manager, Paul, was professional, super attentive, and responsive. Overall, our guests were very impressed by our wedding venue. We were surprised by the turnover of staff during our planning process. In addition, there was a calculation error in our event contract that impacted our subsequent budgeting. Despite this, the owner was incredibly responsive and quickly worked with us to resolve the issue. We truly had a wonderful wedding and would not hesitate to recommend Tappan Hill Mansion for your wedding venue!

Wonderful and Memorable

Reviewed on 4/18/2015 Michele P

We had our reception at Tappan Hill, we loved the views and the beautiful detail in the mansion and most of all had heard wonderful things about the Food! Paul was our Event Manager and so wonderful to work with. Once we were within 2 months of our wedding we met with Paul to... Read More go over details and menu, etc. It was so comforting how organized and on top of things he was. He made sure we were happy with everything and followed up with us here and there to make sure there was nothing else we needed. On our wedding day he made sure we were able to get to our cocktail hour and had everything we needed. During the reception he was always accessible in case we needed everything. Such wonderful service! I can't even begin to talk about the food, but the fact that we have family members calling a month later to tell us how good the food was, should tell it all. My only recommendation would be to make sure someone gets you a plate of food from the cocktail hour so you don't miss out on all of the amazing food you picked. Tappan Hill was everything we wanted and more. Thank you Paul and Tappan Hill staff for such a wonderfully memorable night!

Tappan Hill

Reviewed on 6/07/2014 Pretima P

Tappan Hill was the perfect setting and venue for our May, 2014 wedding! The service, staff, food and ambiance gained us so many compliments!

Absolutely Incredible- The Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Christina M

I don't know what else to say but WOW! We could not be happier with our choice of wedding venue! We did not have our ceremony at Tappan Hill, only reception, but our experience was perfect. People are still talking about how amazing our wedding was (top 3 even) and how the... Read More food and atmosphere were just incredible. We chose Tappan Hill particularly for the food (AMAZING! "Best food I've ever had at a wedding.") and we ended up getting so much more. The whole team at Tappan Hill are so friendly and are willing to take care of your every need. We had an "incident" during the reception and our Maitre d' took care of the whole thing without us knowing (I didn't find out until the next day). We highly recommend using the Tappan Hill Mansion for your wedding!!

Perfection, Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Jeff S

They will handle it, they will make it incredible, they will take the stress away. And they will never tell you something is impossible. Ever. Tappan Hill is expensive but it's worth every penny. Since our wedding multiple people have told us how incredible the food was... Read More ("most delicious wedding food ever!" is a common refrain) and the setting, service, and preparation were impeccable. Part of choosing Tappan was for the outdoor, river & valley setting, but we got a rainy day. The setup in the main ball room was so beautifully done that guests didn't even know it wasn't the plan and were still blown away. One piece of advice I would give though is to make sure your photographer is prepared with indoor photo plans in case of rain. Our formal pics were taken in the cocktail space and many didn't come out well. I'm sure we could have found a better spot in Tappan (the entry foyer, ball room, etc) if we'd thought to point it out. Most importantly - and if you're getting married and NOT focusing on this, you need to - Tappan's attention to detail and quality of day-of coordination is shockingly, stunningly, staggeringly high. Ed, Ed, Ed is the MAN. The first time we met with Ed Steinberg, months before the big day, we knew we were in good hands. He will have every minute, every detail consdiered, details that even crazed couples won't have thought of, and he'll have them well in hand minute by minute at Go-time. He was prepared for every eventuality, he took everything off our plate, he Make It Happen. He genuinely wants you to have a wonderful day and it shows. It's truly impressive. As for him by name. Tappan will work with you. Not once in our entire planning period or wedding weekend did we ask for something and have them say "that's impossible." Not once. They worked with us. They did new things at our request. They made it fly. This, to us, was invaluable. We had a terrible experience with the hotel we used for our guests (the biggest negative for Tappan is that hotel options in the area are limited), a place that never said "Yes" to anything, it heaped stress on us for months. Ed and Tappan Hill made our lives easy and our wedding incredible.

Ideal Wedding

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Stephanie L

My husband and I got married at Tappan Hill in May, and it was really our dream wedding. The ceremony space for the Pavillion Room is absolutely beautiful, and at our 6:30 pm ceremony with the sun going down it was truly breathtaking. The space for the cocktail hour is lovely... Read More and spacious, as opposed to many other venues that herd you onto a small patio. The Pavillion Room itself is very elegant and looks stunning when complete with tablecloths and centerpieces. The food was absolutely perfect, from the cocktail hour to the dinner to the cake. We could not have been more pleased with the quality and quantity of the food- both were just right. We worked with Gabe as our event manager, and he was the best! He worked with us on a number of aspects of the wedding and was always kind and funny. He made sure our event went off without a hitch, taking care of so many little details that we hadn't even thought of. Tappan Hill is really a top class wedding venue- beautiful, great food, great service. You won't regret it!

Amazing Food, Service and Locale

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Sarv T

This venue was pricey but worth it. They made my day truly perfect with their service, attention to detail, beautiful location and -- of course -- their food which my guests couldn't stop raving about. My venue coordinator, Gabe, was also a real pleasure to work with. My... Read More mind was at ease knowing he was looking after every detail.

5 stars for a reason

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Jacqueline H

Having a wedding at Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill Mansion came at a price but it was well worth it. From the minute we toured the venue we felt welcomed and were assisted by helpful, knowledgable professionals. Our personal event planner was flawless and took care of all the... Read More vendor coordination leaving me with nothing to worry about. The food was beyond words. A variety of options prepared by world-class chefs. We were told by multiple guests that it was the best food and the best wedding cake that they had ever had. The views were breath-taking and provided our photographers with a variety of options during the day/night. I cannot say enough about Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill Mansion, they really helped to coordinate and put on a wedding to remember.

Elegant and Tasty

Reviewed on 2/10/2013 Heather M

Our November 2012 Wedding at Tappan Hill was amazing! Our guests had an incredible time, and raved about the food and the experience. The Cookies and Cream Cake may have been the best thing I have ever eaten...ever...it was soooo good. It is worth mentioning that I have a severe... Read More nut allergy, and Tappan Hill made sure that I felt safe eating every dish at the wedding. The grounds themselves were gorgeous, and there were plenty of great places to take pictures. The transition of our indoor ceremony space to our reception space was flawless, and they did succeed at making the same space look different, which was very important to us. I should note that they have an amazing outdoor space as well for the ceremony, and it was our choice to use the indoor location. We had Gabe as our personal consultant. On the day of the wedding, he made sure that everything ran without a hitch, anticipating our every need, and ensuring that all of our expectations were met. Prior to the day of we were not as confident that it would run as smoothly. While Gabe was great in our personal meetings with him, he seemed to miss some of the finer details when talking on the phone or communicating by email, resulting in us sometimes having to repeat our requests. However, with that said, everything turned out exactly as we had hoped.

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Doreen M

I loved this venue 20 years ago when friends were married there and I loved it for my wedding. The mansion is beautiful, the staff is so accomodating, professional and nice. The food is amazing (taste and presentation). We had absolutley no complaints.

Amazing Reception

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Maggie N

Tappan Hill Mansion was the most amazing location for our wedding reception. The mansion is absolutely gorgeous, the views of the Hudson are breathtaking, the food is unparalleled and the service is impeccable. Gabe was an absolute dream to work with. He made the entire... Read More evening run smoothly and his attention to detail ensured that every aspect of our wedding reception was absolutely PERFECT. Gabe went above and beyond to make sure our guests had an unforgettable evening. Our guests raved about the food, service, and beauty of the location. I could not have dreamed of a more perfect, beautiful location for our wedding. A HUGE thank you to Gabe and the Tappan Hill staff for ensuring our wedding was perfect and unforgettable--not just for us but for all of our guests as well.

Great location, service, and most important,

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Connie Z

great food!!! It's a fantastic venue!

Great wedding venue - beautiful views

Reviewed on 8/31/2012 Jennifer S

My wedding was on 8/5/12 and everything went super smoothly Kathy was my event coordinator and she was amazing- I didn't worry about a thing other than the weather (which amazingly held out - had ceremony outside and it rained about 10 minutes after we all were inside for... Read More cocktail hour). Food was amazing.

Incredible Venue!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2012 Ashley M

My husband and I absolutely loved our wedding at Tappan Hill in Tarrytown NY. The staff were amazing and my guests cannot stop commenting on how wonderful the food and service were. From the moment of our first meeting, everyone was so accommodating, helpful and let you know... Read More that the day is only about you and what you want. If you are looking for not only a beautiful venue along the Hudson, but a place with exceptional food and service, this is the place to choose!

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Elena G

Tappan Hill was simply incredible in helping us plan and execute my wedding. Kathy, our Event Manager, is simply a wedding genius. She was so helpful, efficient, friendly, and every other positive adjective you could use for someone. Our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception ran... Read More smoothly and without a single hiccup thanks to Kathy and her team at Tappan Hill. It goes without saying that the food was out of this world. People were also so impressed by the attentiveness of the staff. If you want a guarantee that you're wedding will be out of this world, then look to Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill!!

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 6/15/2012 Sharon S

We cannot say enough good things about our experience at Tappan Hill Mansion! From the first day we walked in until the end of our wedding night, we received the best service and loved everyone we met! The venue is beautiful for an outdoor wedding and has a romantic, vintage... Read More feel for the reception. The food was outstanding! Kathy, our event manager, was absolutely fantastic! Kathy made everything run so smoothly that we did not have to worry about a single thing but having fun! Between the venue, the food and the excellent service - we couldn't have asked for a more special wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/07/2012 Crystal M