Above

Staten Island, NY

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Featuring the only rooftop ballroom in all of Staten Island, New York, Above is a desirable reception venue among engaged couples. Not only are there panoramic views of the city's bridges from 10 stories up, but the place is also so elegant that few decorations are needed. The bride and groom are welcome to arrange for a private tour and once a room is rented, the happy couple is paired with a professional wedding coordinator to make planning a cinch. A list of available spaces at this venue are found below.

Rooftop Ballroom. With 20-foot high floor-to-ceiling windows, to-be-weds receive an unobstructed view of the city from the hotel's only reception space. The Rooftop Ballroom measures an impressive 6,500 square feet and welcomes as many as 325 friends and family members for the wedding of a lifetime. The 4,000 LED illuminated crystals really light up the ballroom and the dance floor provides plenty of space to try out your favorite moves.

Outdoor Terrace. Just off the rooftop ballroom is a beautiful outdoor terrace. This space features comfortable seating, romantic fire pits and even a few cabanas. The bride and groom are welcome to use this area to host a cocktail hour before the start of the reception.

To-be-weds don't have to worry about catering, as the facility has some of the top chefs who prepare the most delicious meals that are sure to be raved about for years to come. The modern American cuisine features butler-passed hors d'oeuvres, such as farmers market vegetable and goat cheese strudel, shrimp wonton with plum dip and Thai chicken in lotus cups with fire roasted peanuts. When it comes time for the entrees, you are able to choose between rosemary and garlic crusted rack of New Zealand lamb, pesto crusted chicken breast with roasted garlic beurre blanc and macadamia and sesame crusted sea bass. If anyone on your guest list requires vegetarian or gluten-free dishes, this is easily arranged.

Just as tasty as the main course, the wedding cake by Jackie’s Cake Boutique is sure to impress. The coordinator arranges for mixologists to provide refreshing cocktails at your reception and on the day of the wedding, the couple receives the attention of a bridal attendant and maitre d'. If you'd like the services of a disc jockey, that is attended to by the wedding coordinator.

As an added bonus, the bride and groom are given a suite for their wedding night. In addition to that, a bridal suite is provided during the day of the event so that the ladies in the wedding party can get dressed in a relaxing atmosphere. The bridal suite has a mannequin to keep the wedding dress wrinkle-free, a wet bar for drinks and plenty of mirrors for double checking your look. A few more perks are listed below.

• Handicap accessible
  • Tuxedo valet
  • Wireless Internet access

Above, Staten Island’s Rooftop Wedding Venue

Above is a sophisticated rooftop wedding venue connected to the Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island. The rooftop features an open air wraparound terrace with panoramic views of the New York City skyline along with cabanas, fire pits, an open kitchen, and a modern cocktail hour and after party with a dramatic 50-foot-long Calacatta marble illuminated bar. One floor below, guests will experience modern seasonal American cuisine in a stunning metropolitan ballroom with 20-foot floor-to-ceiling windows, a single-slab Carrera marble candle wall, Venetian glass infused wallpaper and a dramatic light fixture with 4,000 Swarovski crystal LED lights. Above towers 10 stories atop stylish hotel rooms and suites; perfect for the honeymoon couple, bridesmaids and guests.

$$$$ – Expensive

Ballroom, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1100 South Ave, Staten Island, NY (718) 477-2100

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 7/03/2015 Elina F

This was the first venue we visited, and we knew that it was the one. We wanted to see a few more venues just to make sure, but after visiting another top choice and being completely unimpressed after seeing Above, we decided we found the perfect place. Jennifer Finch was... Read More amazing, we worked out a price and since we didn't meet the minimum guaranteed number of guests, we were able to add on a raw bar and some other goodies for the left over $. Jenn was extremely helpful throughout the whole process, and easily accessible by e-mail. The food was amazing, our cocktail hour received tons of compliments, and everyone kept talking about it for days. The venue was just gorgeous- our reception area took everyones breath away, and we had simple centerpieces (cala lilies and candles around the tall vases). The rooftop cocktail hour area was beautiful and spacious with plenty of sitting space, standing space, and the outdoor area was beautiful with its fire pits! The ceremony space was nice, they have a large structure already built so you could dress it up, or leave it alone. We encountered a little bit of a hiccup when there were silver structures erected behind the building that could be seen from the ceremony space, but Jen and Mr. Nicotra tried to accommodate us and offered us other alternatives (we still liked the original space so we kept our ceremony there) Everything was perfect. Our bridal attendant was amazing, our maitre'd was great, as far as I know, there were no problems and everything was taken care of. We received a complimentary bridal suite after the wedding and it was beautiful. There was a gift for us on the bed from Mr and Mrs Nicotra, rose petals, our bags and flowers were in the room, and our bridal attendant saved us some food because we werent able to try it during the day itself. Overall it was an amazing day, amazing venue, amazing people, and I could not be happier with Above, Mr & Mrs Nicotra, Jen, and everyone else who helped out!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Kara C

It's almost been a year since my husband and I got married and our friends still talk about how amazing our wedding was. Our wedding was unlike anything we, or any of our guests, had ever seen before. My husband, Joe, and I knew we wanted a constant cocktail hour (I mean,... Read More hey, it's basically the best part of a wedding) Above provided the "Rooftop Romance" package which all took place in their bar/club setting and was set up to be continuous passed/displayed food. That checked off one box but, I was pretty sure I wanted to get married outside. I took a look for the heck of it. When the elevator doors opened up into the venue, I fell in love. The room was fun and lounge-like, it had a beautiful terrace with cabanas and fire pits and it had a pizza oven/counter, which I think is one of the items that did it for me. Joe and I said we wanted our wedding to be like a typical get together with our friends, just a dressed up one, and that’s exactly what Above allowed us to have. Imagine it. The food is always being passed around, or set up for you to go take yourself, from appetizers to entrees to dessert. You never have to have a break in the party once it starts. Everyone eats and dances at their leisure (sometimes both at once). And the food was wonderful, everyone is STILL amazed at the “chicken and waffles” plates that were passed. I was concerned that this type of food set up would get messy but everything was passed in easy to serve/eat vessels. We had a ton of options for our courses and the venue’s partner cake-maker was AMAZING. Our cake was red velvet (dyed blue because our wedding colors were blue and orange, cake was orange and when you cut in, blue!) with a raspberry chocolate marshmallow ganache. It was SO delicious, people ate so much wedding cake. One of the BEST parts is that you don’t need to do anything once you choose the venue. The DJ is chosen for you (our DJ was amazing as well, Above has done a great job choosing who they partner with) and it’s a lounge/bar so you don’t NEED to get centerpieces or any of that stuff, of course you can, but you don’t have to-imagine the $ we saved! Also, NO SEATING ARRANGEMENTS. I’m not kidding when I tell you that choosing Above was a great decision not just for the atmosphere but because it makes the rest of wedding planning SO stress free. I’ll never forget how great our venue was and I won’t be able to because my guests will never let me, they might have loved it even more than Joe and me, which is a pretty great impression to have left. I look back at my wedding day and it was absolutely wonderful and exactly what I always pictured marrying Joe would be like. I don’t think I could have asked for anything more in a venue.

As my husband would say TENs,TENs,TENs!!!!!

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Jennifer G

I don't even know where to begin! I fell in love with Above after coming across the venue on The Knot. I had to see it in person. Being from Staten Island, my husband was a little hesitant at first because all he could envision was the lounge that he has been to on a Friday... Read More night. I said trust me, there is a ballroom that you must see. We met with our Salesperson/Planner, Jennifer Finch. As she took us through the room where the cocktail hour is held, all I kept thinking was I need to look no further. We then entered the elevator to go down to the ballroom, the doors open and it was breathtaking! The light colors, square tables,panoramic view of the city and the unique Crystal Chandelier!!! The room sells itself! Its like nothing I have ever seen which is exactly what I wanted. We thanked Jenn for her time and told her we would be in touch. We needed to visit one other place(which was your standard traditional room)before making the final decision. As we walked through this venue my husband turns to me and says, call Above tomorrow & tell Jenn we want to come in with our deposit. Now, Jenn warned us before we left and said that we should leave a deposit if we were serious about the room & the date. It was only going to be a few days so we didn't think anything of it. Well, we should have listened to her because we were too late and lost the date. Poor Jenn received an earful from me. As she walked into her office you could see that she was genuinely upset. I felt so bad since it was our fault but Jenn wanted to make it better and she did! Things happen for a reason and this sealed the deal for me. I knew we made the right decision and not to mention it turned out to be 60 degrees on a Saturday in late December!!! Fast forward to the day & everything went perfectly. If it didn't, we had no idea. The food was amazing! People still talk about it today. The lobster mac & cheese! Chicken & Waffles w/peaches! Braised Short Ribs!! My mouth is watering as I am writing this. I wish I could have taken all of the leftovers home! Jenn, and the rest of the staff (Jen the Bridal Attendant & Tommy the Maitre'D) were so attentive to me, my husband, our parents - totally exceeded all of our expectations. This venue is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY and anyone would be foolish not to have their special day held here. We are now starting to go through all of our pictures from the photographer and they don't look real! The pictures look like they are right out of a magazine! My husband & I have been married for 3 months and there isn't a day that goes by where we wish we had the opportunity to relive that day. I cant thank Jennifer Finch and Mr. & Mrs. Nicotra enough for making us feel like a King & Queen!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Ashley F

My husband and I just got married at Above in January. To explain our experience would be if you are looking to blow your friends and family away and take their breath away, this is the place. The rooftop ball room and cocktail hour room is absolutely stunning-beyond words. We... Read More definitely had the wedding of our dreams and SUE was amazing! She was so helpful and made the BEST recommendations. If you choose Above you will not be let down!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Nicole L

Everything was just perfect !!!! They exceeded my expectations

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Antonella V

Above was the first venue we visited on a friends referral to check out the space. The second I walked into Above, this was my venue! I checked out three more venues just to say I did, there was absolutely no comparison. My wedding coordinator was Sue. She was the most patient,... Read More helpful, and sincere wedding coordinator a bride could possibly want. Above exceeded my wildest expectations. From the unbelievable food, beautiful space and decor you truly will be blown away. I could not say enough about how wonderful everything was. I highly recommending checking it out, ask for Sue!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Graziella l

Wow! Not sure where to begin. I guess I will start with Jennifer Finch (Jenn) my really awesome wedding coordinator/planner. From the day I met Jenn she was not only accommodating, but also genuinely excited and interested in my big day. She knew the ins and outs of my entire... Read More event, and could be called on for just about anything. Jenn made my dream wedding happen at truly THE most beautiful venue imaginable. Above is the most wonderful place you will visit. I am telling you, once you walk into the grand ballroom, you will FALL IN LOVE! I want to have my wedding all over again, to just enjoy the party as a guest, that is how truly wonderful the place is. The elegance and attention to detail they show at the venue made this a night to treasure for everyone. The food was more than one can imagine, and it was truly incredible! Jenn accommodated our party who has severe allergies, and was sure to avoid using certain oils in all the foods cooked. It was like being in a dream. The venue is gorgeous, our pictures will be cherished for a lifetime. I cannot in words explain just how amazing Above is! If you are looking for a modern, elegant, and classic wedding venue, you NEED to go to Above. Call and ask for Jenn. She will be your dream come true. Thank you very much to the entire staff at Above, we are so lucky to have had such a wondeful wedding with you guys!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 John C

Two words come to mind when thinking of Above; world class. From the moment we walked in the door and met Jennifer Finch, we new we were in the right place. The professionalism and hospitality made us feel at home. We planned our wedding in less than 3 months and Jenn and her... Read More staff were there every step of the way guiding us in the right direction. From the moment we arrived on Friday evening with car loads full of stuff, Jenn took control and allowed us all to be guests at our own wedding. We are amazed by the attention to detail, the quality of the food, and the professionalism of the staff. From planning to execution we never heard the word no, and even headaches were cared for. Our bridal attendant Jackie was outstanding and went ABOVE and beyond the entire night. We never had to ask for a single thing, almost as if she was reading our minds. Our Maitre'D Jeff coordinated a flawless affair and communicated with us throughout the evening. Chef Matt is definitely the king of the kitchen and we cannot wait to come back to have more of his food. Jenn works with the best vendors and we cannot be more grateful for the choices we had. Even Mr. and Mrs. Nicotra, the owners of the hotel and venue, were present overseeing the evening and checked on us the entire weekend. If you want to feel special and apart of an even bigger family, have your wedding at Above.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Mary P

My daughter had her wedding there, and in was a memorable night for everyone. The venue was gorgeous and had so many wonderful elements. We had the outside ceremony, and then inside for the cocktail hour in a beautiful rooftop area and then to the reception with gorgeous... Read More lighting and tables. Our guests were very pleased with the entire night. Our wedding planner Sue was fantastic. She made sure everything was addressed and perfect. We couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Marina K

The vision: A ton of delicious and eclectic food, top shelf liquor flowing, romantic ceremony, sexy and fun reception, no hiccups, perfection. The verdict: It was the greatest night of our lives, and three months later, it STILL is. Guests still call to this day expressing... Read More what a great time they had, and that was most important for us. This was a truly spectacular, not at all average wedding. Perfectly executed, we cannot say enough about Jennifer or Carroll. They were calm, helpful, easy to work with, so sharp, on top of their game from the day we met to the day after the wedding, and genuinely love their jobs because I feel like this friendship will last a lifetime. My heart breaks for anyone who doesn't get married at Above.

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Marina K

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Sparkle L

This was the first venue my husband and I visited. After seeing this place - nothing else compared in the slightest. My husband and I got married at Above in September of this year. Sue V. was introduced as our wedding planner and thanks to her our experience at this... Read More establishment has been nothing short of amazing. Sue made sure that my husband and I were satisfied with every aspect of our wedding- always putting us first in her mind before making any kind of decision. Sue became a friend in addition to a wedding planner. My husband and I decided to have a "cocktail style" wedding in which we had the ceremony in the ballroom and our reception on the rooftop. Before the ceremony, the bridal attendants could not have been more helpful- they made sure our husband and I had everything and anything we needed to make the day go as smooth as possible. The ceremony was breathtaking with the glass encased walls to see the amazing view Above has to offer. The reception is when the fun really began! The food was delicious! (I am a big foodie so that was extremely important to me). There was such a variety for our guests to choose from (about 20 dishes) while having the tapas style food which allowed our guests to be able to taste all that there was to offer. The music took our wedding over the top. From the minute we met Mike (our DJ) he instantly understood the fun vibe we wanted to have at our reception. He made sure the music was exactly what we wanted and needed for our style of wedding. Our cake was beautiful thanks to Jackie's Cakes, who works directly with Above. The cake was not only beautiful on the outside but delicious too. I will recommend this establishment to ANYONE who is interested in having a fun and phenomenal event - a special thanks to Sue for making our vision come true. It will never go unappreciated

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer T

The Above at the Hilton Garden Inn could not be any more perfect for a wedding venue! The entire staff including Sue, the coordinator, Jeff the maitre'd, and Jacklyn the bridal attendant, were so accommodating, attentive, and professional. The venue itself was outstandingly... Read More beautiful! Of course, the food was incredible and there were more options to choose from than I could ever count! I have had several outstanding events at the Hilton before, but the Nicotra's really out-did themselves with this event. I wish I could repeat my wedding, just so I can have another event at the Above and I would highly recommend this venue to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Shawana L

If I could give it 10 stars, I would! I can not say enough about how amazing my wedding day was! The venue is stunning & modern, just as my husband and I wanted. The minute we stepped in the ballroom we knew this was THE PLACE. Thank you to Sue Vaiana who was amazing from... Read More beginning to end! Super helpful and encouraging and made us feel super comfortable. You can truly trust her to make your day amazing. Jacqueline was also great and treated me like a queen all night. A day we will truly never forget!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Erica O

If you are looking to plan the wedding of your dreams, Above Ballroom will make it all come true. My wedding was August 20th 2016 and I wish I can relive that day every single day of my life. Being from New Jersey and my husband is from Staten Island, I really wasn’t as familiar... Read More with this venue as he was. I wanted my wedding venue to be something different, amazing and simply spectacular. After doing much research and visiting many halls in New Jersey and Staten Island, my husband and I decided on Above and I couldn’t be ANY happier with our decision!!! From the beginning to end I worked closely with wedding coordinator, Sue. Who is literally a wedding coordinator Goddess! She was on top of everything and was super easy to work with!! The night of our wedding was simply a fairytale. The food was incredible, and the service was on point. our Maître D’ and bridal attendant were there at all times, making sure the service was meeting our standards! We had family and friends from all over the country come celebrate with us and they are still talking about how delicious the food was, and how gorgeous the venue was. The cocktail hour had so many different options to choose from and the amount of food was endless. Our 3 course choices for the reception were also so delicious, my guest were so full by the time their main course came, they wrapped it go! The party didn’t end at the reception, we rented the rooftop bar and continued the party upstairs until 2 am. We had an open bar, DJ and an outside food vendor come to complete the amazing day! Sue also helped me coordinate our after hour party at the rooftop! Overall, I had a vision for my wedding, between the flowers, the DJ, outside vendor for after party, Sue and her staff worked with them so flawlessly to help make the vision a reality. It was everything I could imagine and so much more. My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Above ballroom to future brides and grooms, because it was truly the best day of our lives.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Linda T

My daughter got married 2 weeks ago and the guests are still talking about how wonderful her reception was. The Above was amazing, the view was unbelievable, the food was delicious, and the staff was simply on point the entire evening. We started our cocktail hour in the Above... Read More Rooftop where the most delicious selection of small plates, passed hors d'oeuvres, and brick oven pizzas were served to our guests. Once the reception began I was completely impressed by the magnificent staff. The food tasted amazing and the presentation was wonderful. After the reception we returned once again to the Above Rooftop for the after party where we all danced and continued to have an unbelievable time, there was no one that wanted it to end! Our event planner was Sue, I can't say enough about her and the enormous help she was with the planning and execution of every detail. If you are planning a wedding or an event of any kind please do yourself a favor and consider the Above at the Hilton Garden Inn, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Jennifer N

We had our wedding at the Above just a few weeks ago and people can't stop talking about the service, staff, food, and the overall great experience of our wedding. Everything couldn't have been more perfect! The food was terrific and the presentation was excellent. Sue was... Read More our event planner and immediatley from the first meeting saw our vision for our wedding. We were constantly in touch with each other because I lived in West Palm Beach, FL and even thou I made several trips to Staten Island she was an amazing help. From start to finish everyone at the Hilton Garden Inn was more than professional and willing to make our experience an amazing one. We were able to relax and totally enjoy our wedding knowing every member of the staff was working to make our wedding experience to be more than we could have ever imagined. All I can say is that if you are planning a wedding please go and see the Above venue you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a venue to take care of the whole package from rehearsal dinner to after party the Hilton Garden Inn is deffinately the place for you. It was the best decision we ever made to have our Dream Wedding at the Above!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 kate s

I got married here in October of 2015. We knew the moment we saw the space at Above that this is where we would get married. I honestly do not know where to start in my praise of this space and the people who work there. We worked with Jennifer Finch from day one and she made... Read More sure that everything ran smoothly in the planning process and on the day of. She was an incredible resource throughout. The day of our wedding went perfectly, largely because of the staff. From the Nicotras, to Jennifer, to the day of staff - everyone was lovely and went out of their way to make sure the day and night went off without a hitch. The space itself is so beautiful. We were able to do very simple flower arrangements and decorations, because the space needed very little to make it look special. Our guests were blown away by the cocktail hour space and the reception space itself. We had our ceremony in the reception space and it was turned around quickly during the cocktail hour. Our guests have not stopped talking about the food - every few weeks one of my friends, family members or friend of my parents tells me it is the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Some notes about the food - our tasting was such a wonderful experience. We truly felt like we were getting a personalized menu and the chef was so helpful. Also, during the cocktail hour, we had our own private space where we were brought all of the cocktail hour food before heading out to greet our guests. Jenn made sure we were eating! I grew up on Staten Island so getting married in this space was very special to me. It felt like I was always surrounded by family. My husband is not from Staten Island and was equally impressed and felt the same. The majority of our guests were not Staten Islanders - and they were as impressed as we were. This is a venue that would impress no matter the location. I cannot emphasize that enough. The venue combined with the owners and staff made this the perfect place for our wedding. They really made you feel like your event was the only thing happening, even though it is part of a bustling hotel. I could not recommend Above highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jen A

Our wedding was more beautiful than anything we could have imagined. Everything ran smoothly and seamlessly, which allowed my wife and I to simply sit back and enjoy the day. We held our ceremony in the ballroom and had a full club style reception upstairs with open buffet. The... Read More venue was stunning, we saved thousands by only needing minimal floral decorations. The entire process, from booking to the complimentary drink the day before to calm our nerves, our planner, Jennifer Finch, was incredible. We always felt cared for, as if ours was the only wedding she cared about. She had so many great ideas to help make the day perfect, was kind and professional when our parents had questions, and reassured us that we never had to worry. The venue is a perfect place for same sex couples. We actually met Jen at a gay and lesbian wedding convention. We would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Christina S

We had our wedding at above and it was simply amazing. The food was so delicious and the service was outstanding. It was our fairytale wedding that we always wanted. Our wedding planners Jennifer and Carroll and Sue were excellent. They helped us with all of our needs and went... Read More above and beyond to make sure we had everything we dreamed of. Tom our maitre d was great he made sure everyone got what they wanted all night. Our bridal attendant Victoria was awesome. She spent the whole day making our day wonderful too from helping us get ready to walking down the aisle and making sure we were accomodatted all day. I highly recommend above to other people planning their weddings, because we cannot say enough good things about the place. We were also very pleased with our other vendors as well. Chad from Carroll's florist made stunning center pieces that we got so many compliments on, Anthony and Gary from Platinum Entertainment who had the party and the dance floor pumped and packed all night, and Mike from Premier Digital who took so much time to take certain pictures we wanted and much more that we were happy he thought of.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Victoria D

I got married at above two months ago and had the most amazing experience. My wedding day was perfect and everyone working at above made sure my day went smoothly. I can't say enough wonderful things about the venue and Sue, who I worked with. She was so accommodating to my... Read More family's and husbands requests and made a stressful process so much easier. Our guests are still talking about how amazing our wedding was. The food was incredible and everyone loved everything.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Patsy C

Upon stepping inside the venue space, we immediately loved the place. The gorgeous open view of city landscape in the distance and the foliage. When Jennifer told us about the “Rooftop Romance” package, we were sold. Who doesn’t want the whole wedding night to be a cocktail... Read More hour?! No seating arrangements to worry about. And what seem like never ending food coming out of the kitchen. It was great for everyone to eat, dance, and drink at their own pace. The ceremony space which was the Event Above’s ballroom was just as amazing. We had the sun setting as we read our vows. It was a night we won’t forget. Everything went smoothly since you work with preferred vendors for the DJ/MC and the Cake. It went smoothly throughout the night.

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Christina

I had my dream wedding at above in September 2015. Everything was absolutely perfect and everything we could have asked for. Sue was amazing and made the entire process so easy and calm. The food was unbelievable and I am still getting compliments from my guests to this day!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Victoria S

I just spoke to the manager and Mr. Sanchez has assured me things being done to rectify the situation. We are being given a full refund, and were offered a free stay/dinner. He said they are training the staff to ensure this never happens to anyone else. I am really happy... Read More someone took the time to speak to me personally. It meant a lot, because it goes to show you that Hilton's guests are not just faceless dollar signs. Weddings are their business, and they care about their business and they care whether you have a good experience or not. For most people, your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and I can't thank Mr. Sanchez enough for turning this situation around and leaving us with a better impression. This was the original review, and I'm sorry I was so mad when I wrote it: We had 14 rooms in a block at Hilton Garden Inn and only half of the guests got their welcome bag. Where they put the others? I don't know. It's really awful to spend so much time on something only to find out your guests never got them. No explanation. We had our luggage checked at the front desk to hold for us after the ceremony and they said they would bring it up to our rooms - they didn't. We had to go to our room only to find it wasn't there and go back downstairs. The front desk harassed me for a credit card while I was standing in my wedding dress to check in - meanwhile, they already had a card on file. We were told we would have 1 shuttle to drop guests off and 2 shuttles on the way back and only 1 of them showed up. Lastly, we went to Above for the after party and were told we would all get in without a cover - meanwhile, no one told Above so they started SEARCHING US LIKE CRIMINALS and wanted to charge us the cover. My husband had to go back to the front desk and scream his head off until they finally sent a manager to Above to tell them to let us in. After we called to tell them all that went wrong, we were only comped like $100 off our room. They should have given it to us for free.

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Melissa G

My husband and I got married at Above almost a year ago, and I can still go on and on about all the things I absolutely LOVED about it. Since the moment I walked into the ballroom I knew this was the perfect spot for my winter wonderland wedding. I can not fully express how... Read More amazing our wedding coordinator Sue was. Planning the wedding with her was a breeze and I was never worried that the day would be anything less than perfect. She made us feel such at ease and the entire experience could not have gone any smoother. The night of the wedding, the entire staff was exceptional. Everyone was pleasant, professional and helpful to every single one of my guests. My bridal attendant Jen was amazing. It poured the entire night of our wedding and from the moment my car door opened she was there to greet me with an umbrella and did not allow a single drop of rain to touch my head while she got soaked. She was so sweet and helpful throughout the entire night. The food throughout the cocktail hour and reception was AMAZING I wish I could've eaten everything. Jen made sure we tried everything we wanted to, but my dress only had so much room to expand. Our guests still talk about what an awesome experience they had from the food, service and all around atmosphere, all of which I contribute to The Above. I could not have asked for a more perfect night and wish we could do it all again!