800 Miami Cir NE, Atlanta, GA (404) 846-3201

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Jacquelyn S

BRIDES BEWARE It took me five months to book my dance lessons with this studio, I had Friday night lessons booked with Eddie Ares since July 5th and I called Academy Ballroom to confirm on December 4th for lessons starting December 8th. Deborah called me back to notify me the... Read More lessons were canceled because Eddie Ares apparently does not work on Fridays. Deborah was exceedingly rude on the phone even though it was the studio’s error in full, she said “Eddie works very hard for his Friday nights off.” She said Chasity Smith would call me back. It has been over 24 hours and no one has called me back. My wedding day is within 30 days. Looking at my phone records, I called Academy Ballroom 8 times to book the lessons starting as early as February 3rd. I also have an email confirmation from Peter Koslowsky stating we would be working with Eddie Ares on Fridays, the confirmation email is dated July 5th. I am beyond disappointed with how poorly the studio handled the issue. The inconvenience to me is not simply rescheduling my dance lessons, it is all the holiday events and other appointments I did not schedule on Friday nights so I could make it to the lessons. Dance is a key part of the Wedding day and a personal highlight for me growing up as a ballet dancer. Academy Ballroom did not hold up their end of the agreement and did not make any effort to rectify the situation in a timely manner. I also cannot believe a co-owner would condone this behavior with absolutely zero interest in customer service. Please go with another studio, it is very clear these people could not care less.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Rachel L

This place is so fun! We started here with a groupon to introductory classes and ended up signing up for their "wedding package" of 5 private lessons to work on a choreographed wedding dance. Our instructor, Manoel Rodriguez, created a beautiful dance for us that blew everyone's... Read More minds at the reception. His wife Luiza was also on hand to help us with our technique and suggest steps for the dance. They are both super nice and work hard to make sure that their students enjoy themselves during class. My husband and I were not dancers by any stretch of the imagination but we had so much fun and felt much more comfortable about everyone watching our first dance once we learned the choreography. All the other instructors we encountered at the studio were very approachable and took the time to work with people individually, even in the larger group classes.