Act 3 Catering

Serving the Greater Seattle and Tacoma area

Food with Flair!

Turn your wedding reception into an affair to remember. Act 3 Catering is a family-owned business. We know that your wedding is a celebration of family and your special day deserves the absolute best in catering services. Call us for a tasting.

Cuisine

American, Indian, Italian, BBQ, Fusion, Specialty

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

15665 Nelson Place, Tukwila, WA Serving the Greater Seattle and Tacoma area (425) 251-9102

Delish!

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Jessica L

Our wedding venue gave us a list of three different catering companies that were approved to use at the location. After researching the selected few online Act 3 appeared to be the best fit for our wedding. After our first consultation, Donna invited my fiancé and I to one of... Read More the many free "meet and greet" buffet style dinners that they hold for prospective clients. We were very pleased with what we saw and tasted. However, Act 3 was a little on the pricy side (costing us a total of over $6,000.00) we were very pleased with the presentation, professionalism, and service we received from the catering on our wedding day.

YUM.

Reviewed on 8/31/2013 Emma L

First thing I have to say, my husband and I LOVE food and love to cook. And we live in Seattle, which, makes us spoiled as to many incredible restaurant options. Act 3 food was delicious. The food choices were delicious, varied, and fitting seasonally as need be.... Read More Everything was so fresh, so flavorful, and so good. I can't even count how many compliments we received on the food. And, to top it off, whoever said you don't eat at your own wedding was wrong! They MADE SURE we got to eat during the reception (even being so kind as to carry my plate for me so that I wouldn't risk getting my dress dirty!) AND we got to take leftovers in the limo on our way out. So great.

Amazing Food!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Suzanne G

I've been to weddings with buffets, but none where they made it so beautiful! It wasn't just a bunch of warming dishes on a table with a table cloth, they added so much decoration that fit the theme/colors of your wedding. I have to say, the prime rib was a HUGE hit! It was... Read More the most tender and succulent prime rib that we have ever enjoyed! A perfect medium rare! My husband said the horseradish was the best he had ever had as well. The food was delicious and our guests were very pleased. I would say though that they did clean up the buffet a little too early. Some guests hadn't had an opportunity to get any prime rib because they were going to come back for it when they brought the next round out from the back. But overall, so very pleased with the level of service provided by Act 3. Shall I ever want to throw a party or have an event catered, I would definitely come to ACT 3 first. Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Chinok C

They are very professional and made the day extra special. Even though there was last minute seating changes, the team was very accommodating and quick to understand what needed to happen.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Kristin C

We went with the buffet and it was simply clean and organize set up from how they set the buffet area to basically waiting tables and filling waters/ beverages for the guests. They even served our “wedding” cakes which were mini cupcakes. And all of those services were included... Read More in the cost. They offer for a reasonable price to do something called table settings pre-set which includes setting the silverware and napkins on the tables to really give it that refined look. Overall the service was great and as far as the food went, it was truly a hit with the guests.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Mackenzie K

Delicious food, got compliments all night! Easy to work with and plenty of opportunities to taste the food. We did family style and their service on the wedding day was fabulous!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Shelby I

Act 3 was fantastic, from the beginning to the end of the process. They are professional and organized, which is a good thing because I was FAR from organized when dealing with them. They handled all my screw-ups with aplomb. Moreover, the food was absolutely delicious. We had... Read More the Pacific Rim buffet and received many compliments about the food. Finally, the service provided during our wedding reception was remarkable. The servers were friendly and attentive- at one point, one of them even took the initiative to bring me water after a particularly rigorous dance session. Overall a wonderful experience that helped make our wedding completely magical.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Rachael H

Seriously amazing! The food was incredible and the service was beyond what we expected. They were very accommodating and flexible with us in the planning process and walked us through each step. We were on a very tight budget and they helped us get everything we wanted within... Read More our price range. We met with a few other caterers before meeting with Act 3 and the experience we had with them far exceeded the meetings with the other caterers. They are very honest, professional and upfront with all of their prices and the wide variety of options they offer. They were a very important aspect of the wedding and it would not have been as special without all of the hard work they put into making our day great.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Rebecca R

I cannot say enough great things about these caterers. Markelle was our point of contact and was absolutely amazing, always there for last minute questions and making sure everything went smoothly. The event staff themselves were great! When my fiancé and I were busy taking... Read More pictures they made sure we could have some of our food and water ready without worrying, and were always friendly and smiling. I've never felt more personally catered to! The food itself was amazing and something my guests kept talking to me about afterwards! I highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed!

2017-05-19T15:44:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Our staff always strive to go above and beyond to ensure our clients have a smooth and very memorable event. Thank you for choosing ACT 3 as your caterer- it was certainly our pleasure to cater your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Katherine R

Act 3 was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They are easy to work with when planning and very professional the day of. The food was plentiful and good, the waitstaff professional and always there to help, and the bar tender friendly. I would definitely recommend... Read More Act 3!

2017-05-10T18:09:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for wonderful feedback from your wedding. It was our pleasure to cater this very special day. We always strive to give the best possible customer service to our clients!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Kaley T

We used this catering company for our wedding, and while the tasting was great, on the wedding day the chicken tasted dry and bland in comparison. Some of the staff I worked with leading up to the big day also got less and less friendly over time and became more curt, which was... Read More off-putting, but overall the food was good and we got what we wanted out of t.

2017-05-09T13:40:49 Response from the vendor

Hi Kaley: Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me yesterday regarding your wedding. We always appreciate and welcome any comments and suggestions to help us improve our services. In my communication with clients, I always strive to respond to emails... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Jennifer N

They were great! they had someone that made sure my husband and I got to eat. they waited on us all night; making sure we had food or drinks or whatever it is that we needed. They were on time, organized and was stressfree for us

2016-12-01T13:39:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It was our pleasure to cater this very special day for you and your husband. We wish you much happiness in your future married life!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Nicole S

We used Act3 Catering for our Laurel Creek Manor wedding. They were so great. We were able to do a tasting before hand and the coordinator assigned to our wedding, Donna, was so helpful. I emailed quite often with questions and she always responded very quickly. We also ordered... Read More our linens through their suggested vendor and Act3 set them up beautifully the day of. The food all tasted great at our wedding, I had multiple guests say the basil cream chicken was delicious and so was the strawberry harvest salad. There employees were all wonderful and we had a server assigned to us (bride/groom) and she went above and beyond. I am very happy with choosing to have Act3 cater our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Lisa G

We hired Act 3 Catering for our son and his bride's rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. They were fabulous! It was so nice to get constant compliments from the guests on the food and how delicious it was. Their staff not only treated us and the bride and groom like royality,... Read More but also every guests. Their years of experience shows in the details, planning, and presentation.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Emily F

Management in coordinating our contract and ensuring it was executed was piss poor as well as their communication. Seven months prior to our wedding we visited and did a tasting of the menu with my fiancé, both sets of parents and my acting coordinator. At that time I... Read More specifically requested the gold rimmed plates. My contract states so. I purposefully selected these plates because my entire theme was white and gold. The plates I got were plane jane white! Huge disappointment especially since we paid an extra arm and leg for the gold flatware to match it!!! Beyond disappointed and truly believe the cost of the flat war should be refunded. I wouldn't have wanted it if I went with plane plates but I asked for the gold rim. Also deeply disappointed in the communication. I received an email more than 14 days prior to my wedding at 10:30am stating a head count was needed by 2pm that day. No one tried to call me, my mother, or my coordinator. My contract stated this information was due 14 days prior. My cell at the time could only make and receive calls so the email wasn't found until 6pm. When attempts were made to contact them the next day the gal in charge of my account, who had emailed me, was not in the office or available! What a joke and unnecessary heart attack! Three and a half hours to respond with a head count? More than the 14 day contract stipulation? Wasn't available, no extra attempts made to contact us. Needless to say I would not recommend this company to anyone solely based on management. However the food was good and the staff that worked the venue the day of our wedding were above and beyond amazing! Very attentive to detail and possible needs. Your staff makes you look good in their hard work to prep/make food and serve your clients. Step up your act Act 3 in management and guarantee the service your contracts state along with improving your level of communication! If it hadn't been so close to my actual wedding day, when that email was sent, I would've dropped your services. I honestly considered it at the time. Just terrible.

2016-08-31T17:26:23 Response from the vendor

In response to the above referenced client. We are sorry to hear that you were displeased with our management and communication leading up to your event. ACT 3 Catering strives to give our clients the best experience possible. In our continued efforts, we graciously accept... Read Less Read More

Delicious food and wonderful staff!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Jennifer G

ACT 3 did a great job with our wedding! The food was delicious. My favorite were the Sausage stuffed mushrooms! I'm sad I only had 2! Ha- They were professional, organized, and extremely helpful. As soon as I arrived at the venue, the catering manager came right up to me and... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw made sure if I needed anything. She brought me water right away and checked in with me throughout the evening. It was such a special touch that she made sure I was taken care of. The bartender quickly learned what my drink of choice was and if he saw me coming- he had my drink ready to go! Guests commented how wonderful the food was all night long and even now! Food for a large group is expensive, but ACT III makes everything worthwhile. They are very easy to work with- our guest count changed from when we booked to when we needed to give the final number; I appreciate that ACT III gives you the flexibility to make changes. Other caterers wanted us to be locked in to a number 1 year out! And then upcharged you if you changed. ACT III understands weddings and events; they were helpful and courteous and delicious!!!

Delicious

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Liz B

These were one of the preferred caterers for our venue, and all of the other vendors for our venue said they were our favorite, so we looked into them first. The food was delicious, and they have pretty good packages, or you can pick and choose your own menu ideas. They do a... Read More pretty good job of setting the tables and decorating the buffet table to your wedding colors. It's nice that they have connections with a good priced linens supplier, so I didn't have to find a supplier to rent from on my own, one less bill. The coordinator I worked with was very helpful, though a little unavailable during the very busy wedding season. The service was great, and the servers made sure my husband and I sat down and actually enjoyed our food. We got a lot of compliments on the meal. One complaint we did get from guests though was that their wine/beer glasses were taken away when they were almost all full.

WOW!!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Wendy W

We chose Act 3 based on many wedding show tastings as well as their reputation. We could not have been any happier with the food, the staff, or the service. Donna was amazing to work with and provided many helpful suggestions on linens, food pairings, alcohol needs, and time... Read More frames. Everyone commented on how amazing the food was. The staff was courteous and friendly, more like additional guests. They helped create a seamless event for us. The staff did an amazing job on the buffet table decor, it matched our theme perfectly. They definitely take pride in their work, and it shows!

Wedding food that tastes like restaurant food.

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Kelsey B

We had Act 3 do the catering for our wedding and were SO happy with the service. We worked with Donna when choosing a menu and figuring out details. She is an excellent communicator and helped create something that not only worked with our budget, but was delicious! My... Read More husband and I are wedding photographers, so we eat a LOT of wedding food. Some is great, but some is not. THIS was the best. The salad was not soggy and the food was HOT! Both two things that were very important to us. Besides doing the catering, they set the tables and cleaned them off. It really saved a lot of work for us and our families! We would hire them again in an instant! So great!

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Alida K

Delicious food, good quantities, an event planner (Donna H.) who stayed connected and communicated well with what was needed and desired for the wedding. Presentation of the buffet tables was beautiful, with Act 3 providing their own decorative "Highs and lows" and adding in... Read More touches of the wedding colors. The lead and his assistants at the wedding, were very attentive and provided excellent service to our outdoor wedding. Act 3 is great for such an event, in that everything is self-contained and the staff can function as a totally independent unit. Very pleasant and professional staff, who are non intrusive during the festivities, while continuing to make sure that things run smoothly. Donna is more than willing to help with recommendations for additional needs(such as a bakery or event rentals) to make your special day come together.

6.29.13 Wedding

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Katy H

Working with Act 3 was helpful as we had no experience planning weddings. The representatives were knowledgeable, responsive and accommodating. We had some communication issues due to our original rep leaving the company half way through but we worked through it. Everyone was... Read More happy with the food and the display was beautiful.

caterer

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Joanna K

Caterer was great! Guests loved the food, servers were so great when it came to helping us set up and clean up.

Act 3 Catering is awesome!

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Savannah M

We chose Act 3 Catering out of a list of preferred vendors for our venue Laurel Creek Manor. Not only were the staff incredibly friendly during the open house, but during the event they were nothing but wonderful. They cooked the food well and made sure everyone was satisfied.... Read More After the ceremony the staff asked my husband and I if we needed any beverages. In addition, they personally served us during the reception and provided us with any refills. We had a pleasure working with Donna and would recommend Act 3 to anyone wanting great food and service at their wedding.

Amazing from start to finish!

Reviewed on 4/22/2013 Cory O

Act 3 Catering was amazing from start to finish. Even during the planning process they were so flexible and willing to let us do as much or as little as we wanted. This allowed us to have an incredible menu and full bar that still fit in our budget. Everyone loved the food and... Read More the presentation was beautiful. The staff during the event was so attentive and was willing to accommodate whatever requests we had. Catering was our biggest ticket item and I have no regrets about how much we spent. It was worth every dime!!!

Best prime rib ever!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Ashley D

The meal was so delicious . Guests were raving on the amazing taste and good quality! The presentation was so pretty and very classy! I reccomend them!