Central Ohio's #1 Honeymoon & Destination Wedding

Exotic Caribbean resorts? Overwater bungalows in Tahiti? Sipping wine in Italy? Let us help you achieve your travel dreams and inspire you with our firsthand experiences. Our expertise in worldwide destinations has provided us with real insight to help us create completely customized itineraries. We specialize in Honeymoon trips and Destination Weddings. No matter where in the world you want to go to celebrate your incredible Destination Wedding, we can get you there and make it a trip-of-a-lifetime, for you and your guests. We provide personalized services to make the best day of your lives unforgettable, such as group discounts, wedding registries, added amenities and insurance. We can save you time and money, all while taking the stress of planning a wedding off your shoulders.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Honeymoon Planning, Planning

7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

5064 Cemetery Road, Hilliard, OH (614) 771-6200

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Natalie P

My husband and I worked with Jeanie from Active Travel for our Honeymoon to the Bahamas. This was our first time going through a travel agency and we wont hesitate to do so again! Jeanie was so helpful from the beginning to the end. I remember in our initial meeting, being very... Read More impressed by Jeanie's knowledge of the places and resorts they offered. She had first hand experience and was able to provide detailed insight into some of the pro's and con's which was so so helpful! I figured the communication would stop here after we booked our vacation but it didn't! Instead, she constantly checked in with us, making sure we were good to go and getting us ready for the trip. Her follow through was incredible. Of course the Monday we were flying out our airline had a worldwide computer system failure. If we hadn't had Jeanie there to back us up every inch of the way, we would have been totally lost. She truly went above and beyond - from rescheduling our flights, making sure we had a hotel voucher, calling our resort to have them prepare for our late arrival, to even having the resort extend our trip a day and throw in a complimentary massage. I can't thank Jeanie and Active Travel enough for all they did to help and support us! Would HIGHLY recommend.

2017-12-05T15:37:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. We are always here to help!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Autumn B

We just got back from our Honeymoon to Sandals LaSource, Grenada and it was absolutely PERFECT- thanks to Tara at Active Travel! We had absolutely the best time. We were at first unsure of where we wanted to go, so we spoke with Tara about our interests/honeymoon priorities, and... Read More we couldn't have chosen a better place! Neither of us work the typical "9-5" schedule, and Tara was very willing to work around our schedules and was quick to reply with any questions we had, even though most of the time I was texting her in the evening or occasionally on weekends. She was SO sweet and helpful- we left for our honeymoon the night of our wedding, and she did the airline check-ins for us to save us some time and stress! I would highly recommend Tara at Active Travel to anyone with travel needs, and look forward to working with Tara in the near future.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Suzanna O

We had to plan out honeymoon last minute and my panicked husband sat with Jeannie and his panic turned soon to excitement ! She had great suggestions and even got us upgraded services and a better room with the most amazing view! She helped us plan a dream honeymoon and without... Read More her help we would not have had this amazing experience!! Thank you Active Travel! You have new customers for life!!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Diana B

Jeannie was wonderful to work with! She made our planning and traveling experience so easy and smooth. There are so many different elements that go into planning a wedding and it was wonderful to have all of the honeymoon plans just taken care of. We booked our trip about 8... Read More months prior, stayed in touch throughout the planning process (booking excursions, special dinners, etc.) and then met the week prior to our wedding to pick up all of our travel plans and plane ticket information. She was very helpful and kind during the planning process. We will certainly reach out to Active Travel for future travel!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Kyle E

We used Jeannie with Active Travel to help us plan our destination wedding in Jamaica. We desired a destination wedding to keep stress low. We assumed Jeannie would be a helpful resource and central contact for our guests. Turns out we were terribly, terribly mistaken. Here's... Read More why... Trying to get in touch with Jeannie is a nightmare. You may call during business hours but if she's unavailable staff says she'll call back. She is very inconsistent with how she get's back to you. There were several instances when I would call but she would email my husband or I would email her and she would text me. Some days my husband would call her and she'd call me back. Jeannie failed to ensure rooms were booked for our family members despite them booking nearly a year in advance and paying a deposit. Jeannie called less than 2 months from our wedding date to inform me that the four rooms we thought were reserved for our immediate family weren't reserved and the resort was sold out. Ultimately we arranged to move our wedding to Sandals Whitehouse instead of Negril. This broke my heart. My hopes for a stress free wedding planning process turned into the opposite. Once we changed resorts, we essentially micromanaged Jeannie to ensure all details were accurate moving forward. Jeannie's information about wedding inclusions was inconsistent with the Sandals wedding planner. Jeannie said Active Travel would pay for extra guests at the 30 min reception. Jeannie claimed to have "thrown in" a 1 hour cocktail reception upgrade and free rehearsal dinner. However, these were included based on the number of rooms our group booked. In fairness, Jeannie obtained us a spa credit and a unique arch that we had expressed interest in only after we requested some type of compensation for the added stress. Warning signs! We should have seen the signs when we changed our wedding date and we were charged a fee despite us paying for travel insurance that she recommended. I'm sure Jeannie has a large number of clients, she consistently confused us with another couple and didn't learn to associate our names with our wedding details until the fiasco. She had excuses for every mistake. She blamed the room booking failure on her wholesaler. We had used Jeannie once before for a trip to Punta Cana, DR where she booked us at the wrong resort but ultimately fixed it. Overall we had an amazing destination wedding at Sandals Whitehouse and fabulous honeymoon at Sandals Ochi! Sandals consistently took great care of us and we have zero complaints about our experience once there. We are planning on going back. Next time though, we will book directly through Sandals; as we did our first time, without any issues.

2017-12-05T17:16:00 Response from the vendor

Kyle and Paige, We take all feedback from our clients very serious. We regret that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Nonetheless, since the vacation we coordinated for you took place in May of 2015, we feel your continuing to post this... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Brittany B

We had an amazing honeymoon in Australia and New Zealand. Tara was also in touch with us during the travel!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Julia G

Jean was so patience on trying to price out so many dates for Beaches Negril. She convenenced me to book early and it saved us so much money, in the long run. With Jean’s knowledge of the islands this putout mind at ease. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Chloe T

The trip to St Marteen was amazing! The best part was the day trip to Anguilla!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jennifer M

Thank you so much to Tara Pena!! She was such an integral part to helping us plan our wedding! Everything ended up being flawless and most of it all due to her and all of her support! We had to change locations of our wedding at the last minute, and she made it all happen with... Read More minimal trouble, and was available every step of the moment, and made sure to handle all issues that came up. Thank you again for making our dream day the best that it could be!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Tarrah D

My husband and I worked with Tara at Active Travels. We actually found her at one of those bridal expos...she was doing her "spiel" and right away you can tell that this girl knows her stuff.. We started with a budget and told her our basic "must haves" in a honeymoon (privacy,... Read More good food, tropical). She recommended 3 different resorts but really helped us narrow it down to "the one" based on our preferences. We thought we wanted one room but she was able to sway us to a different one to better fit our needs...of course she was right. We went to Grenada and it was AMAZING. The food there was insane...oftentimes resort food is just okay. The locals were super friendly...it was very private...it was everything we ever wanted...and more! Tara was super responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. Would recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Sarah W

If you're doing a destination wedding or traveling for your honeymoon, you NEED to talk to Tara. Tara at Active Travel made our dream wedding in the Dominican Republic happen! We really couldn't have done it without her. Active Travel made all of our guest arrangements and... Read More communicated with the resort to make sure it was a perfect day. The whole trip was fabulous and much less stressful due to Tara's help. Tara was in constant contact with us and able to troubleshoot anything within minutes. Her input throughout our planning process was invaluable. Our honeymoon in Santo Domingo was also flawless. Can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Sarah R

What an awful experience! Outdated systems and absolutely clueless. Our honeymoon booking got completely screwed up and I realized it the week before our wedding. We were never even offered an apology.

2016-10-06T22:46:57 Response from the vendor

Can you please contact me at your convenience to discuss your honeymoon. 614-313-5500. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Katie S

We started out working with Carrie Peck at Active Travel to plan our honeymoon and she had several suggestions and could speak from personal experience about the places we were considering. However, when she left, she failed to inform us and we were continuing to email her... Read More with no response. Luckily, we got in touch with Jean Gualtieri, who took over the planning from that point and was able to provide us with great service. We had a great time in St. Lucia and appreciated the recommendation and the work they did to set it up for us!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Amanda

Tara was exceptionally helpful, and helped us to plan a destination wedding in under 4 months! She navigated us through last minute changes, and answered a few questions while we were ON vacation! She always texts back quick when I have questions, and even let me vent... Read More sometimes too. :) I'm already talking with her about what we're planning for next year!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Brooke W

Jean is fantastic and I'm so happy we went with Active Travel! We will be using her on our next trip :)

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Ashley W

Words cannot describe how terrific our experience was with Active Travel and it was all thanks to Tara! A honeymoon, let alone to the Rviera Maya was not something we thought we could afford. We told Tara our budget and our interests and she found us an amazing deal WITH direct... Read More flights!! She was so awesome to talk with and was always available even when our schedule didn't fit the typical 9-5. We were a little nervous with it being our first international trip and were suprised at how seamless the experience was. From leaving the airport to booking our excursions, everything was taken care of. I've recommended Tara to all of my engaged friends and we plan on using Active Travel for all our future vacations!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jena W

Jeanie is fantastic at travel planning! She covered all the details for us & really helped us pick the best place for us to spend our one and only honeymoon! The othet staff members r super nice & helpful as well. We r definitely lifers with active travel now!! 👍🏻

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Brian R

Working with Jeannie at Active Travel to plan our honeymoon has been wonderful. Her knowledge of multiple destinations we were considering and advice for each one was extremely helpful. She helped answer every question we had as we narrowed down all the final details and we have... Read More never been more excited for a trip. Jeannie helped with every aspect and made the process very easy. My fiancée and I highly recommend calling Jeannie at Active Travel to plan your next vacation!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Meleka M

I am a wedding and event planner in Columbus. Jean and her team have taken care of many of my clients, so it was only naturally that I go to her for our own family vacation. They were so patient as I changed dates and hotels a few different times. I will continue to recommend... Read More them!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Great working w Jeannie and Carrie. Good knowledge of destinations and resorts Will use them again.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Kayt D

We used Active Travel for our honeymoon to Sandals Grande Antigua and were very pleased! We worked with Tara and she was SO sweet and helpful! She was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls, and was able to answer all of our questions. She was also very helpful in... Read More helping us book excursions, and giving us pointers for traveling to a Sandals resort, because this was our first time going to one. We really enjoyed working with her and would recommend her to any of our friends who are looking to use a travel agent. Jeannie was also very helpful in helping us decide on which Sandals resort to choose. She recommended Grande Antigua and it bypassed ALL of our expectations! We had one minor issue with the billing of our final balance, but Tara and Jeannie went above and beyond to help us resolve our issue. This was our first experience using a travel agent, and overall we were very pleased! We had issues with flight changes, forced overnights, etc. and were so thankful for Tara's help. The wedding planning was stressful enough, but we didn't have to worry about the stress of planning our honeymoon because Tara took care of everything! Thanks again for helping us have the honeymoon of our dreams!! :)

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Erin S

The ladies at Active Travel are great! We just spent a week in Antigua on our Honeymoon and we couldn't have done it without Jean! Highly recommend Active travel for your honeymoon planning.

Perfect honeymoon thanks to Jean at Active Travel!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Laurel S

We ran into Active Travel at a bridal show in Columbus last winter and they were very friendly from the start and seemed liked they would be extremely helpful to me and my groom in planning our honeymoon for that summer. We just had no idea how to go about actually booking our... Read More honeymoon. Any other vacation, we might not have such trouble with, but this was a major deal! We did not want to mess it up! So we met with them at their office in Hilliard and had told them that we were thinking of going to Antigua for our honeymoon. We had done our research online before our appointment and had found an all-inclusive resort that was smaller and intimate than say a Sandals would be. We wanted that exactly, a nice quiet adult-only resort, that had private huts right on the beach and still had a few activities to do, like water sports or couple’s massages. However, I was thinking that it would also be nice to split up the week and go to a Sandals as well which would have even more activities to do and more restaurants to eat at, and more of the party feel, not that I am some crazy party type, but I thought that it would be a nice mix for me and my groom after we get to relax a few days. He agreed after he saw it all come together at the appointment. We weren’t sure what we were doing on our own before, but Jean had helped us price both resorts out separately for one week and then both resorts together split up, 3 nights at one, 4 nights at the other. I figured it would save us a little doing it that way versus just one resort all week, and it did turn out that way. Plus, it added an extra dose of excitement getting to switch resorts halfway and experiencing a different theme to our honeymoon. Jean (and everyone we had talked to about it after that day) had said that what we were doing was a great idea, splitting the week between two places, and visiting the calm relaxing one the first half. It was going to give us time to wind down from the wedding! Jean made it all clear to us, going over the cost, but most importantly, she made our dream happen. If it weren’t for her making a few phone calls and attempts at getting the specific rooms that we would LOVE to have, we wouldn’t have been able to get those ourselves. But she worked her magic as the travel agent. She was able to book us the rooms we wanted AND get our whole airfare booked too (at a price lower than what we could have found ourselves). However, later on, we found out that the first resort we were going to visit (only 3 nights) needed a deposit of 3-nights-worth which was obviously our entire stay there. Our deposit to Active Travel already included Sandals' cost so we ended up having Jean cancel our airfare then so that we could go ahead and book the other resort too, or else we could have lost that amazing waterfront suite! We handled the airfare on our own a couple months later, and it wasn't really an issue at all. As for the other transportation, Jean had taken care of it all for us. We had taxi’s ready for us at the beginning and end of our trip. I honestly can’t recall any issues we had with Active Travel. They had made everything easier for us and had truly given us the best honeymoon we could have ever had! We strongly recommend that you give Active Travel a try in planning for your trip!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jim B

Jean really helped planning our trip to sandals Antigua and understanding the difference between the rooms. Her confidence and excitement really convinced me to book they active travel.

Hawaii Honeymoon

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Active Travel took care of everything for us, airfare, car rental & a gorgeous view from our room. Sandy at Active Travel even sent us maps & other "need to know" info from other clients that have been there. We knew everything we needed before we even left. Normally I would've... Read More done my homework on Hawaii but thanks to Sandy, I didn't need to.

Meet The President

Jeannie Gualtieri

With 107 countries in my passport (so far!), you can be assured that you're in the care of an expert with real-life insight. My agents and I strive to create a luxury travel experience while working within each client's personalized needs, interests and budget. As an internationally recognized travel agent, I have relationships with representatives of tourist boards, hotels and resorts across the continents. This enables me to VIP my clients for exclusive and romantic benefits. Let me take the stress out of the numerous details of planning...leaving you to enjoy your trip of a lifetime!