The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Agave Estates in Katy, Texas features Spanish Mission style architecture and simple décor for a rustic yet elegant wedding. With palm trees, bold flower gardens and towering native trees, the property is a stunning backdrop for romantic wedding photos. Indoors, natural wood and a neutral background provides a warm atmosphere for ceremonies or receptions. Couples can choose from one of three venues at Agave Estates. Each venue offers both indoor and outdoor spaces.

Agave Road. Agave Road features a large patio with a freestanding stone fireplace that is perfect for wedding ceremonies. Set in a 30-acre nature sanctuary, the venue provides a setting of palm trees, lush greenery and vibrant gardens for a beautiful outdoor wedding. The site accommodates up to 280 guests and it includes the use of a 10,000-square foot building.

Agave Rio. Agave Rio accommodates 100 to 120 guests. The venue features water fountains, towering trees and a cottage-style building. A fireplace, exposed wooden beams and neutral décor provide the atmosphere for a romantic reception inside the Agave Rio.

Agave Real. Agave Real offers both indoor and outdoor space for ceremonies and receptions. The Grande Salon is an indoor venue that is suitable for up to 200 guests. The site features a bell tower, a pool and stunning wood-and-stone architecture.

Agave Estates is a boutique-style venue that offers all-in-one wedding packages. The Wedding and Reception package includes four hours for the reception and a half an hour for the ceremony, as well as catering, linens and tableware. Some decorations, such as candles and centerpieces are provided. Outside vendors like florists and photographers are welcome.

Invitations, chairs, tables, lighting and sound are included in the Wedding and Reception package. An on-site officiate is available for all ceremonies and a lapel mic is provided for the officiate. An event coordinator is available for a 90-minute planning session two weeks before the wedding, plus day-of event coordination.

Catering is also included in the Wedding and Reception Package. Couples can choose from one of three caterers for their events. A beer and wine package is included, as well tea, coffee and water. Cakes and cake service are also provided. Outside catering and outside alcohol aren't allowed.

Several upgrade options are available from Agave Estates. Some of the options for upgrades include paper lantern decorations, enhanced lighting, the addition of a candy bar and upgraded linens.

Photo booth packages, stationary packages and photography sessions are available through Agave Estates, along with a wide selection of additional services. Couples can enjoy exclusive use of the venue on the day of the wedding and the site is child friendly and wheelchair accessible. Bubbles are provided for the send off. Confetti, rice and other thrown items aren't allowed.

Agave Estates is a simple choice for couples who want all-inclusive wedding packages. The venue offers a wide range of services and all wedding packages include the following perks:

• Bride's and groom's suite included in all wedding packages
  • Stocked mini refrigerator in bride's and groom's suites

Award-Winning Collection of All-Inclusive Venues

Located in Katy, Texas and minutes from the fast pace of Houston, awaits a private estate that you'll find reminiscent of 'Old Mexico.' Relax, take a deep breath and let Agave Estates lead you to a special place where we will create memories to last a lifetime.

Ballroom, Estate, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

1138 FM 1463, Katy, TX (281) 395-5070

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 christina l

I cannot thank Agave enough for what they did for me and my husband. My day was magical because of them. We have received so many compliments from how beautiful the location is to the amazing customer service they all had. First I want to thank Brandi from the bottom of our... Read More hearts for taking the role into making sure our day was perfect. The whole planning was so easy because she always gave it 100%. The day was even better because of how well and organized she had everything. I can't stress enough how much me and my husband are thankful for having her through the planning. Tawyna from Agave Brothers did our floral and they turned out so beautiful and just how I wanted them to be. Ivan oh man he defiantly had the party going from mixing English to Spanish, one genre to another genre, such a fantastic MC, we loved his work. Jessie did our cakes and let me tell you I still get guest calling me that they are dying for more. That day everyone was waiting for me to have some sort of meltdown but thankfully for Agave Estates I had the most relaxed, best day of my life. Thank you so much. :)

2015-12-29T17:11:12 Response from the vendor

Christina you were an absolute blast to work with! I loved every second getting to be a part of your beautiful day. The two of you are completely perfect for each other I wish you the world! Brandi

amazing

Reviewed on 9/08/2012 ana f

love it so romatic with my husband

Great

Reviewed on 6/05/2012 Alicen M

Agave estates was absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Molly B

LOVED having our wedding at Agave Real!! Unbelievably beautiful venue, fabulous service, and couldn't have imagined our day without our coordinator Alyssa! She went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly and just like we wanted. The food was terrific, the DJ was... Read More great, and our guest had such a wonderful time - we heard so many times how well everything flowed and how beautiful it was! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone at Agave for making our wedding day so great!

2017-01-10T14:00:12 Response from the vendor

Molly! Thank you so much for your sweet words! I absolutely loved, LOVED working with you and Brad for your special day at Agave Real! Y’all were such a joy to work with and it was a joy to be your coordinator! Y’all are so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Laura J

Alyssa was such a sweetheart and I had a lot of fun working with her. She made sure everything went well on our day. And it did! It was to die for!!! The Agave Estates team also did an incredible job!!! Everyone keeps giving us compliments on how beautiful the venue/ everything... Read More was on our day. Could not have been more blessed to have our wedding there!

2017-01-10T13:58:28 Response from the vendor

Laura! Thank you for your kind review! You and Spencer were such a sweet, sweet couple and I loved working with you to help make your big day extra special! Y’all are one of the most genuine couples I have met and it was a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Laura J

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Dallas K

My husband and I got married at Agave Real and we received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was. We used Agave's catering company and the food was delicious! The staff at Agave Estates was such a joy to work with. We cannot thank our wedding planner Jessica Olvera... Read More enough for helping make our day a dream! She was wonderful to work with and made the planning process so easy. I would highly recommend Agave Estates!!

2017-01-06T10:20:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our Agave Staff and I truly appreciate it! We are thrilled to hear you and your guests had such a great time at your event. Agave Rio is a recent addition to our Agave Family and we are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Monica P

Agave Estates made our wedding an absolute dream! The entire planning process was about as stress-free as we could have hoped, and people are still telling us how much they loved it. The most incredible part is how well they personalize each wedding. I can't recommend them more... Read More highly, they're absolutely worth it.

2016-12-30T15:16:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you Monica! The Agave staff and I truly appreciate your feedback. Your fall inspired wedding was so beautiful. The rich fall colors and hints of autumn leaves and décor accents were so warming and elegant. Your intimate reception was so lively with traditional music... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Samantha D

My husband and I had our wedding at Agave Road and it was everything we ever dreamed our wedding to be! Alyssa was our coordinator and she was amazing! She definitely made our night easy and took care of the tiniest of things for me. The night of our wedding it rained and her... Read More calm attitude really helped me not to even care about the weather. Agave Estates did an outstanding job and we have received so many compliments on how beautiful our wedding was. Thank you so much to the Agave team! :)

2016-12-30T15:33:04 Response from the vendor

Samantha, thank you so much for your sweet words! It was an absolute joy planning with you and your sisters for your special day! I loved meeting all of your family members, friends and especially, little Sebastian! He’s the cutest! It was an honor coordinating... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Sandra S

Amazing! Everything turned out exactly like my husband and I envisioned. Alyssa was a fantastic coordinator. The food was delicious. Five stars.

2016-12-23T10:25:46 Response from the vendor

Sandra, thank you for the review! I’m so glad your wedding was everything you guys dreamed of and it was an honor to be your coordinator to help make sure everything ran perfectly! Best wishes to you guys and your marriage! -Alyssa

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Stacy B

If you are a Bride who wants her day to go flawlessly without having to lift a finger, then this is your venue!!! EVERYTHING is included in their package, so al you have to do is go to the venue and pick out everything that you want. Jess was an amazing planner, Amanda did an... Read More awesome job on our invitations (which are so worth the money you pay!!!), the bouquets and flower arrangements Tawnya made for us were absolutely beautiful and I cannot even begin to express how thankful I was for Alyssa for being an AMAZING wedding coordinator. Everything went so smoothly I never even lifted a finger. The food, DJ, and wait staff were also top notch. We had a bit of a problem with our bartender, and apparently he has a bad rep but I never noticed him because I was having too much fun with everything else! I could not have asked for a better wedding day. THANK YOU AGAVE!!!!

2016-12-23T10:26:21 Response from the vendor

Stacy, thank you so much for your review! I had an absolute blast planning and coordinating y’all’s wedding! Everyone was so much fun and so gracious and I loved getting to know you, Matt and your family! You were easily one of the sweetest brides... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Naomi G

Jessica Olvera was such a pleasure to work with! She made wedding planning so stress free and kept me in check when I started to stress. Everything from the venue to bridal and grooms quarter and iur awesome DJ were perfect! Thank you for making my wedding day so magical!!

2016-12-13T16:18:25 Response from the vendor

Hello Naomi, thank you for all of your kind words our Agave staff and vendors greatly appreciate it. Our Agave team and vendors work meticulously to make every aspect of your wedding truly magical. We try and create a stress free process for you and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Elizabeth Y

I loved this venue!!! I truly loved every minute of my time prepping and day of wedding! I couldn't ask for a better coordinator who truly was amazing! The staff was very friendly and did help in every aspect of the wedding. The venue itself is gorgeous for an elegant rustic... Read More look! The experience is one I will cherish forever and they made my day the best I could ever have hoped for and more!

2016-12-08T13:35:47 Response from the vendor

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for your endearing words! You and Jonathon were such an easy couple to work with and I loved meeting all of your friends and family! Your wedding was so beautiful and it was an honor being your coordinator for your special... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Prasant A

The setting was beautiful, their help was amazing, the food was wondering, and the overall experience was priceless.

2016-12-13T16:17:45 Response from the vendor

Hello Jennifer & Prasant, thank you for your feedback. At Agave we try to make every moment a priceless aspect of your wedding. All vendors and staff work tirelessly to ensure your event is everything you always dreamed it would be. On behalf of Agave... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Mariela G

My wedding was not what I expected. It exceeded my expectations by far! My day could not be more magical than it was. I was not stressed at all, I was not worried about anything going wrong because Jessica was taking care of everything. She is an angel for making that day the... Read More best and most perfect wedding for us. My guests could not stop talking about the venue and how amazing our wedding was. Some of them even said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. All the ladies from agave were so amazing to work with from the stationery, to the florist and the coordinator they all were so patient and so kind with me through out the entire planning process. When I saw the finished product of all their work together I just couldn't believe how beautiful and perfect everything was! Thank you Jessica, Amanda B, Amanda H, Tawnya, Brittany, Kimberly and all the agave Team!!

2016-12-13T16:10:56 Response from the vendor

Hello Mariela, you were such a pleasure to work with! We are so glad to hear you had such a magical day. At Agave we try to create perfection in every wedding we do because you deserve nothing but the best! On behalf of Agave... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/02/2016

Our wedding at Agave was PERFECT! We've received so many compliments on how beautiful everything was and we hardly decorated. The venue is just that gorgeous on its own. The best part was how easy the planning was becuase it's all inclusive. I'm so happy we went with Agave!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Jovani D

Agave Estates is definitely THE place to hold a wedding, especially Agave Road. From beginning to end everyone on the team works and caters to your needs. I have absolutely no complaints. Jessica Olvera was my wedding coordinator and she was the sweetest and most cooperative... Read More individual to work with. From allowing my drastic wedding detail changes to constantly and continuously checking in with me, she made the process so much easier. Additionally, Amanda and Tawnya are incredibly amazing. They responded to all my questions and replied to my emails immediately. They also gave me great suggestions. The cake from Jessie was to die for, and Ivan, the DJ, was the seriously the best I could ever ask for. I highly encourage this venue! You will not regret it :)

2016-12-13T16:16:38 Response from the vendor

Hello Jovani, thank you so much for your kind words the Agave team and I truly appreciate it! Your journey with us was truly special to me. It was wonderful to see your planning process unfold from booking to wedding date. You were such a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Cynthia M

I knew the moment I stepped foot at Agave Road I would have my wedding there. The more I met the staff and toured the venue I fell in love with it. We did not stay within our budget, the venue is pricey with its all inclusive package. We also wished it could have lasted longer.... Read More Alyssa Martinez, made great recommendations and was always a text away. Our florist Tawnya, met our expectations and more, her creativity and love her job shows in her work.

2016-12-01T12:48:33 Response from the vendor

Hi Cynthia! Thank you for kind words about Agave, Tawyna and myself! You and Octavio were such a fun couple and I’m so glad that everybody had a wonderful time! I hope y’all had a great honeymoon and I send all my love to you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Abby H

Agave estates was by far the best choice we made when planning our wedding. This venue is absolutely stunning, everybody who attend our wedding complemented the ambiance and location. We had zero experience in wedding planning and they made the process seamless and beautiful.... Read More Everybody was super nice and easy to work with. Our coordinator Alyssa was simply amazing, her attention to detail was impeccable. She was very easy to work with and always went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

2016-12-01T12:21:21 Response from the vendor

Hi Abby! Thank you so much for your sweet words! I absolutely loved working with you and Rene! Y’all are such a sweet couple and it was so fun making your day exactly what you want it to be! I hope y’all had an amazing... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Britaini F

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our wedding at Agave Road. I can't tell you how absolutely amazing it is to book a venue that literally takes care of everything! Not only that, but all of their options for food, cake, invitations, etc are so classic and wonderful. I truly... Read More couldn't have been more pleased with my wedding day. The bride quarters are stunning! Everyone pays such detail into making sure you truly get the wedding day of your dreams. Alyssa was our wedding coordinator and she did such an amazing job at giving us the wedding of our dreams. She even set up our wedding decorations and centerpieces while I got ready upstairs! Her and the rest of the Agave team went above and beyond and I couldn't recommend them more! 5 stars to any Agave venue. You wont be disappointed!

2016-11-03T15:45:10 Response from the vendor

Britaini, thank you for your sweet words! I loved working with you and Jared on your special day and y’all were so easy to coordinate for! Easily, y’all are one of the sweetest couples out there and it’s so clear how much you guys love... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Neesha O

I cannot begin to say enough great things about Agave Estates. I decided that this was the place for our wedding from the moment we arrived and met with Steve. Steve ensured us that everything concerning the wedding could be handled right in house. DJ, officiant, flowers,... Read More lighting, photography, and even catering. Along the way I was nervous about who my officiant and wedding coordinator would be and I must say that with out a doubt I could not have asked for a more perfect team of people who were in every way understanding of my vision. Alyssa Martinez you were the icing on the cake. Everyone should have a coordinator like you. Alyssa was patient, organized, knowledgeable, kind, creative, and most of all timely. Thanks a million. Tawnya (florist) wow you were amazing. Angelo (officiant) you brought back a comfort and calm when discussing our plan for our ceremony, Ivan (DJ) you let us be ourselves thank you! Amanda Bayer, and everyone who played a part in this amazing experience. We give you 10 stars and would do this all over again.

2016-12-01T15:55:05 Response from the vendor

Neesha! Thank you so much for your kind words! You, your mom, Ursula, and your Maid of Honor, Jennifer, were such a joy to work with and your wedding was absolutely stunning! Everybody at your wedding was so kind and appreciative and I am so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Neesha O

2016-12-01T15:35:25 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Katelyn B

When we first started looking at venues Agave was the very first venue we went to and we immediately fell in love with it. The ambiance is amazing. From the first time we started communications with Amanda in regards to the contract through the day after our wedding, we received... Read More only fast responses and all of our questions answered. Our coordinator was amazing! I didn't feel stressed about anything during the process because of Alyssa. Alyssa was the best and she was so patient with me changing things and then changing them back. Our wedding went better and looked more amazing than I could have ever imagined. This is definitely the venue to choose!

2016-11-15T12:23:04 Response from the vendor

Katelyn, thank you so much for your sweet review! You and Shaun were such an easy couple to work with and it was an honor being your coordinator! Your wedding was full of fun and happiness and I could tell how loved you guys are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Arianna G

Agave was such a wonderful venue! Starting with the most important part: our wedding coordinator, Jessica. Jessica was very professional and a pleasure to work with. We had an excess of guests at the end and they helped me make last minute accommodations in catering and in... Read More seating. It was also very helpful that Jessica was bilingual so she could communicate with my spanish speaking family very easily. Jessica allowed for me to come visit the venue as many time as I needed and she also answered all my questions! Next, the place is absolutely stunning! My guests still rave about how beautiful it was: warm yet spacious, very unique but elegant. My favorite part about it was all the little candles they lit everywhere and also the outdoor pool gave us some really cool pictures. My guests could be inside and outside, near the dance floor or near the bar, perfect for everyone. One thing I have to mention: it is so well decorated, I barely added any additional decorations! I even did rose petals only on the tables and it looked really elegant and sweet. That being said, they have an awesome decorator who will help you enhance the room and tables as much as you may need! The food had smaller portions than what was presented at the tasting. I think the chef was trying to please us and might have over promised a few things, while not communicating with the venue, so I think in turn the portions were affected and were smaller than we expected. In the end, the food was DELICIOUS and they give you a little bit of different things (2 sides, 2 entres, bread roll) so it was still satisfying and allowed for us to dance all night without getting hungry. Along with this, the chef helped us plan out our menu and was incredibly flexible and generous by giving us a few extra appetizers! The only thing I would suggest for other brides to be cautious about would be the bartender. I never asked for her name and never really thought it would be important, but it is! I should have asked for a bartender that has worked with latin american crowds because they tend to drink more than average (but do not get beligerent.) She would not permit for husbands to get a drink for their wives (meaning, give them two drinks) or serve the same person a few times in a row (for example a husband taking a drink for himself, then taking it to the table, and then going to get another drink for his wife.) Someone even told me that if you would tip her she would not be that strict, which I guess is to be expected, but it was still unpleasant. Sadly, I received multiple complaints about her, almost everyone in my family felt comfortable enough to mention it to me, because I never had any interactions with her. I am sure she is great and I don't think that was a reflection of the venue itself at all, but I think I should have better prepared by having a conversation with them about my guests and how they expect to be served at a bar. All in all, Agave was great! The space was awesome, Jessica stayed at the wedding the whole night, the music and lights were great, the send off was beautiful and I highly recommend it to ANYONE for any event, not just a wedding! THANK YOU AGAVE AND JESSICA!

2016-11-15T11:37:31 Response from the vendor

Hello Arianna, thank you SO much for your kind words. It was such a pleasure working with you and Miguel to plan your special day! What a great celebration! Your band, Marisela y su son karibe, was sensational - always keeping everyone on the dance... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Victoria B

The Agave team was fabulous. The ability to work with one team to execute ALL elements of our big day was priceless, especially for someone planning from a distance. The team not only does a top notch job, they give you the sense that they really care about making your dreams... Read More come true. Amanda, Tawnya and Nancy are phenomenal. Our wedding is still the talk of the town and I owe much of the credit to the Agave team. Much appreciation!!!

2016-09-21T16:14:47 Response from the vendor

Victoria, thank you for your such kind review! I am so happy to hear that while living in another state, the planning process was so easy! Everything about your wedding was absolutely stunning! We all wish you both a long and happy marriage! -Nancy Anderson