Aldie Mansion

Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning

85 Old Dublin Pike, Doylestown, PA (215) 348-3509

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Jessica B

I have loved the Aldie Mansion for years before we were planning our wedding. The estate is a beautiful hidden gem in Doylestown, PA. The location is so beautiful, you do not need to add much to the space to make it wedding special. Kim and the staff at Aldie/JAM Catering... Read More were wonderful to work with and very responsive to all of our questions and requests. They are willing to work with you to tailor your wedding day to your specifications and budget. For us, that meant biscuits instead of rolls with dinner. It really is the little things! My husband and I really appreciated the private cocktail hour in the bridal suite. Kim and her team prepared us a mini spread of all the cocktail offerings with champagne just for us to enjoy! It was a very special moment I will always treasure. Lest I forget! The winter fires were a wonderful touch for our November wedding. It was such a beautiful day. I cannot recommend Aldie Mansion enough for your wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Michael G

The staff at JAM is making it very simple to plan the wedding. They are helpful in many aspects beyond just the reception. JAM provided us with a great lists of local hotels, transportation companies, and etc.

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Danielle G

Aldie mansion is beautiful and so spacious for all of the guest. I fell in love with the romeo and Juliet balcony and knew I wanted my ceremony and reception here. Kim B. showed us several of the other JAM venues but I kept picturing the balcony. So we decided for a fall... Read More wedding. The staff has been incredible so far. Planning a wedding from have way across the country seems almost impossible but Crissi my planner is making it so much easier. While home over the holidays she was willing to meet with us for almost 4 hours so week could so the bulk of the planning 10 months in advance because we definitely would not be able come back for a while. The location is beautiful and the staff is fantastic

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Meghan C

It seems that most brides run into at least one crisis on their wedding day, but not me with Aldie! Our event coordinator was Sue and she made everything stress free and simple. She always responded to my emails or calls from day one of booking all the way up to the day before... Read More when I needed to add an extra guest. On the day of she was always there checking in with me and our parents to make sure everything was as we wanted. JAM cateoring was amazing! The food was delicious and the staff was wonderful! Our family and friends we so impressed by the space and the food. My husband and I couldn't have asked for anything more to make the day perfect!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Valerie R

Absolutely wonderful! For reasonable prices, especially compared to other Bucks Co. venues, we had a fabulous wedding. The grounds are beautiful and the food is delicious. Our wedding coordinator, assigned to us through JAM catering, made sure the day ran smoothly. Our guests... Read More raved about the whole evening. Aldie is the best!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 hazel g

We fell in love with Aldie Mansion the first time we saw it because it was historic and romantic. We signed the contract with Heritage Conservancy and Jeffrey A Miller catering more than a year before our wedding date. The tasting event was a gastronomic experience (advise- do... Read More not eat the day prior) and helped us pick out menu items. About 3 months prior to our wedding date, Kim Bates, our wedding coordinator, set the wheels in motion and everything came out perfectly. She went through our menu selections thoroughly and made very helpful suggestions. She drew a map of the venue so we could plan where everything was going to be. She mapped out the entire event by the minute. She suggested having dance sets in between dinner courses. She was very flexible regarding personal decorations we wanted to use. While we were getting ready, one of the bridesmaids had a hemming emergency and we needed an iron. Kim found one and delivered it to the bride's suite. It down-poured the entire afternoon of our wedding day. We planned for a ceremony outdoors. Half an hour before our ceremony was about to start, the rain turned into a drizzle. Kim and her team quickly moved chairs out to the patio. We had a wonderful, intimate, super-romantic ceremony by the fountain. The toast while we were on the balcony made it even more special. We could not have picked a better venue. Our guests are still raving about how beautiful the venue was, how good the food was, and how well the festivities flowed. Kim, Tessa, and their team did an awesome job and we can't say enough superlatives about them. If you are thinking of getting married in Bucks County, you will be missing out if you did not have it at the gorgeous, historic Aldie Mansion, savor JAM catering's wonderful menu, and work with a wonderful team of wedding professionals. Hazel and Ken 5/13/2016

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Alyssa W

If you talk with our guests, they would probably give Aldie a 5/5. The setting is beautiful, which helped to make for a wonderful day. However, there were behind-the-scene issues that caused me to give a lower rating. Things to be aware of: -A novice wedding planner that seemed... Read More as though she didn't know the entire system -Items that weren't set up on time (when the first guests had arrived, they stated that the pre-ceremony beverages weren't set up) -We felt like it was all about the $$ (we asked to start 30 minutes earlier, and we were willing to pay money to do so. We were told no because they could potentially book another event beforehand, even though this was three months out and there were slim chances of another wedding ) -Day of service--When we were doing our photos during cocktail hour they brought out a small tray of appetizers for our entire bridal party, needless to say, I didn't get to try much. When a server was asked to bring more out, they never came back. During the reception family member grabbed drinks for me and my husband, it wasn't until our wedding planner left and the team captain took over, did a server offer to get us drinks. -I was excited to use their florist, only to find out they don't work holidays Our wedding was beautiful and it was a spectacular day filled with love. But, if I were to go through the wedding process again, I may search a little more before I settled on Aldie Mansion.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Rachel H

We chose to have our wedding at the Aldie Mansion in Doylestown. The venue is absolutely beautiful. Jeffrey Miller (JM) catering have the exclusive contract for catering in the venue. I’ll start with the positives. JM provided excellent food on the night. I’ve been to lots of... Read More weddings and JM's food was exceptional, many of our guests commented on how incredible the food was. From the hors d'oeuvres to the dessert – we couldn’t have been happier with the presentation and taste. Unfortunately, we can’t say the same about the service. Amongst all these glowing reviews it might be that JM just had an off-night. Either way, when they charge as much as they do, you expect a level of professionalism, far beyond what we experienced. Food service: Dessert was brought out almost an hour after it was scheduled to be. By the time it was served all of the guests had left their tables. Most of the dessert went uneaten. I did witness a member of JM staff help themselves to a mini-cheesecake in full view of guests – so at least someone got to try it! Table-service during meal: We paid extra for 2 bar staff to service the tables with wine during the meal. For this we received 1 visit to the table with wine during the meal. I had to get-up twice from the table to ask the server to come back and serve again, and I was the groom so I imagine every other table received even less service. Missing alcohol: JM’s instruction is that leftover alcohol is to be taken off premise on the night of the wedding and we duly obliged – taking everything that was given to us by the bar staff. 6 days after the event, we realized that there was a significant amount of alcohol missing that I knew we hadn’t used. Only when I took this up with JM, was I informed that they had 8 bottles of liquor and 4 bottles of wine of ours still onsite. Boxed-meals: JM is supposed to box and provide you with the wedding cake and no-show meals to take home as well as two complimentary boxed meals for the bride and groom. We received none of these. Dancing staff: The staff were very friendly so we had no issue when early in the night, they joined in dancing with the guests. In hindsight, if they had spent more time focusing on doing their jobs, we feel we wouldn’t have had many of these issues. Staff was also extremely comfortable with helping themselves to cookies at our cookie bar that served as favors for guests. Lighting: For anyone considering Aldie Mansion, you’ll know the lights on the oak tree are a major sell of the venue. During the evening I noticed they hadn’t been turned on. I asked the staff to turn them on but they never were. JM have placed the blame on the venue – advising that they did try and that there was a technical issue. Miraculously the lights were working both before and after our event.

Gorgeous venue, amazing food!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Jackie F

It sounds like a cliché, but as soon as I walked into Aldie Mansion I could easily envision having my wedding there. It's elegant and sophisticated without being stuffy. Kim, our coordinator, was great. She answered all my questions along the way and really helped make the... Read More day a success. Our guests raved about the location and the food. The courtyard outside was perfect for cocktail hour and the ballroom fit our crowd of near 150 flawlessly. I absolutely loved the ceremony space outside too - you can't go wrong out front by the fountain, out back near the sprawling oak tree or near the gazebo. All of the spaces require minimal decoration! We were able to coordinate dropping off alcohol and decor beforehand, which saved a lot of time. We were also sent off with lots of extra food, which was a lifesaver - we didn't have to cook before leaving for our honeymoon! All of the staff made us feel welcome and kept the evening running smoothly. I highly recommend Aldie Mansion - it made our wedding dreams come true!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

JAM was a great company to work with. When searching for a venue, I worked with Angela (who is in charge of Tyler Arboretum and Anthony Wayne). When she found out my mom lived across the country, she came with me to Aldie. I feel in love with Aldie when I visited and really... Read More appreciated Angela's care and support. The staff at Aldie were just as caring. Planning the wedding was stressful, but Sue (my coordinator) was quick to answer my emails and texts. She was able to calm me down and assure me that she and the staff will take care of everything. And they really did. It rained on the day, but I know Sue and the staff made everything run smoothly. They made sure that my husband and I were fed and hydrated (with alcohol and with water). Our time line didn't go as plan, but Sue keep an eye on the time and never rushed us. It was truly a crazy day, but our guests told us that the food was amazing and the venue was gorgeous (even in the rain). We used Buttercup as our florist and they were so accommodating to our budget and to what I envisioned. One of our guest loved it so much, that she told her engaged daughter about Aldie and they will be having their wedding there next summer. You really can't go wrong with Aldie Mansion. If you need something, you just ask and they will do everything they can to make your wedding easy and perfect.

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Madeline B

Our wedding was everything we could have wanted. The mansion is absolutely beautiful, and the event staff were incredibly sweet and accommodating. Our coordinator through Jeffrey Catering was so wonderful. She was very attentive to both me and my husband, and took the time to... Read More understand what we were looking for in our day. She was very reliable and professional, but fun to work with! The food Jeffrey Catering provided was delicious and everyone had great things to say about the appetizers and dinner. I would highly recommend Aldie Mansion as a venue for future events for people looking for a vintage style, great staff, and an overall easy planning experience.

Wedding review

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Capri C

All the venues I looked at didnt even compare to Aldie Mansion. The moment I walked into aldie I knew it was where I wanted to get married. We booked at Aldie about a year and a half to two years before our wedding date. On the day of the wedding we knew what to except on the... Read More wedding day, aldie had everything planned which made the night flow well. Our maitre de was easy to talk to and to found. She helped with anything. They had a tasting that everyone was invited to which was nice because you could smaple what food you would like. The one down fall from picking aldie was having to supply your on alcohol which wasn't terrible, just inconvenient. Also at the end of the night you must leave with everything, so my family memebers and I were running around collecting things. Aldie worked well with my other vendors.

A Perfect Evening

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Angelina C

Our reception at Aldie was perfect - we couldn't have asked for a better evening. The staff was AMAZING - especially Shelley who helped us extensively before the big day. Everything ran smoothly and on time and we were really able to enjoy the party! The tables were set... Read More beautifully and the staff followed all our instructions. The mansion was STUNNINGLY beautiful all lit up at night and our guests loved the ambiance and set up. The library ended up being the perfect size for a mostly indoor cocktail hour. The food was perfect and the apple cider donuts at the end were fabulous. We would wholeheartedly recommend this venue!!

Test

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

Test

Great Party!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Laura S

I was recently a guest at Aldie Mansion for my friends wedding. It was spectacular! The food was amazing, ambiance incredible and service outstanding. My friend had her ceremony outside and dinner in the ballroom. We had so much fun! She had every detail figured out. A... Read More signature drink to start the night and at the end of the night we were given hot cookies to go. Perfect spot!

The place says it all

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Meredith M

As someone who grew up in Doylestown, it was a no brainer to consider Aldie Mansion for our wedding even though we live in Philadelphia. The gorgeous interior and exterior of the property made for unbelievable photographs and an amazing outdoor ceremony in the front courtyard.... Read More Our guests loved enjoying the cocktail hour on the back patio and roaming the property to take in all the sights. The staff was really accommodating by allowing us to spend much of the day there leading up to our wedding. This made it super easy because it eliminated lots of travel. They were very helpful at the end of the evening and the clean up/pick up the following day was simple. Our point person had great communication throughout all of the planning and the person on call that evening took care of everything. We'd love to relive the evening again and again!

Aldie has it all: setting, food, service

Reviewed on 9/08/2014

This beautiful venue is the ideal setting for a special occasion. We held both of our daughters' bat mitzvah parties at Aldie. The facility is beautiful. The food is better than you will find anywhere else... And I know because we have been to many, many affairs and the device... Read More is warm and inviting. The staff is extremely professional.

A Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Kristin R

I titled this review, "A Fairy Tale Wedding" for many, many reasons. The venue is breath taking, with a balcony overlooking the courtyard fountain and the amazing gardens creates an illusion that makes you feel like you are no longer in Bucks County. The Aldie Manison along with... Read More JAM Catering, and Buttercup Florist made our day/night AMAZING!!! From the very beginning of the planning stages to the last few minutes of the night everything was just better than I could've ever imagined. Our night went off with out a hitch and if there was one, my Husband(!!!!!) and I did not know of it or even noticed it, everything was handled with class and care. The staff at the Aldie Mansion are phenomenal, please ask for Kim B or Tess, as they were great to work with! The food provided by JAM Catering was out of the world! Our parent's received so many compliments on the food as well as the presentation. I would also have to say the tasting that JAM puts on is like no other and gives you a true sense of how amazing the food will be on your special day. Last but, not least was JAM's new floral division, Buttercup Florists. I told Tom, I just wanted simple yet elegant flowers for my day and he made it happen and then some! All of our bouquets were gorgeous and lasted the entire evening, the center pieces were just as perfect with so many people trying to take one home at the end of the evening. Just fantastic! If you are looking to have a BEAUTIFUL wedding look no further!! The Mansion itself is amazing, but JAM and Buttercup really make this place the WHOLE package! This was a truly amazing night for us and we couldn't have been happier with our choice!

The perfect venue!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Shannon M

As a new bride I know how challenging it can be to pick a venue. You want the perfect place at an affordable cost, and you also want to work with people who truly care about your needs, wants, and budget. I had such a pleasant experience with Aldie Mansion. Shelley was our... Read More planner and she really made our wedding dreams come true. She was able to get us everything we wanted in our budget. She never said we can't afford something. She always found a way to work with us. The grounds are incredible and the setting is the most romantic setting I have ever seen. Our guests are still raving about the staff, food, the mansion, and that fabulous tree! They have menu options and prices for everyone's budget and you will not be disappointed with this venue. Also, come wedding day... have no fear! They will make sure everything runs as smoothly as you planned and these girls(the planners) really know what they are doing! I would give them 10 stars if that was an option :)

Experienced and On Top Of It!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Melissa D

My fiance and I chose the Aldie after looking at only one other location, and fell in love. The mansion itself is breathtaking both inside and outside, and the staff clearly knew how to get things done. Having a knowledgable and experienced staff was really important to us since... Read More we were planning our wedding from overseas and couldn't really show up at the venue to work through details. Kim, our event coordinator, even Skyped with us! We were able to drop off items (alcohol, decor, etc) the night before *our wedding was on a Friday night* and on the day of the wedding we were allowed to come to the venue as early as 1pm (the wedding was at 7pm) to start getting ready. We had both our ceremony and reception on site, which felt very smooth and natural. The girls had a gorgeous bridal suite upstairs to get ready in, and the guys had a sort of lounge (complete with TV, video games and foosball) to get ready in. I can't stress enough how amazing the staff were, leading up to and on the wedding day. When we came with extra flowers, they found extra vases and put them out. They put out pretty much everything for us :). Tessa, our "captain", even created a mini-bouquet for me to throw in what I think was under five minutes when I decided that I didn't want to throw my real bouquet! My guests loved the servers and especially the bartender, who many remembered by name. Overall, you really get a lot of bang for your buck here and can rest easy that everything is being taken care of!

Beautiful Venue, but...

Reviewed on 4/20/2014 Mariel S

The Aldie Mansion is absolutely beautiful. The house and property is stunning! Many of our guests commented that they loved the location. However, be prepared for poor communication at times and to pay extra for little things such as additional tables. However, we wouldn't have... Read More chosen to have our wedding anywhere else!

Aldie Mansion

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Stephanie F

We loved our experience with Aldie Mansion, they made our unbelievably rainy wedding day gorgeous, timeless, and classy. Jeffrey Miller food was once again, to DIE for- I can't tell you how many compliments we got about the Salmon Pad Thai, which before trying it sounded... Read More disgusting. And despite the fact that the only piece of cake I had was shoved in my face by my husband, it was DELICIOUS, and I still wish I had gotten to eat more of it. My only complaints would be about the service of the planning staff- there was often confusion about dates and times leading up to the wedding. After the wedding, they did not return our cake knife, which had been my parents. We contacted them about it several times to which they responded that they sent it home and we must have it. Eventually, on the third trip back to the Mansion to try to find it, they showed us where they put the silver that's been left behind- BIG SURPRISE- it was there! I'm just glad we recovered this family treasure.

Amazing wedding experience!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Stephanie W

My wedding was at Aldie on September 27, 2013, and it was perfect! Aldie was the first venue we looked at, and we fell in love with the space. It had just the right amount of indoor / outdoor space, and was oozing with character. It was a beautiful day, so we were able to have... Read More our ceremony outside by the amazing tree! Our coordinator Kim was so easy to work with, and very accommodating. The caterer is Jeffrey Miller, and although you are restricted to this caterer, the food is amazing, everyone raved about it! I wouldn't have changed a thing, and I am a super picky lady! Things can get pricey when they add up, but I hear it's pretty much similar to other venues and caterers, but it was all worth it.

Somewhat disappointing, but overall lovely

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Danielle K

Aldie Mansion is gorgeous. There is no denying it. I was THRILLED when I found out they offer a "bistro" menu, which is less expensive than their regular menu. We found out after booking that they would then try to tack on money here and there. They tried to charge an extra... Read More dollar for the salad we picked, and they even tried to add on a cost PER PERSON to "set up a display for the hors d'oeuvres." How is that not part of the package, and how would you charge a per person fee for the display?? At the end of the day, I was able to get rid of all the added on costs per person, and our wedding day truly was beautiful. I have to admit that the manager there, Kim, is miserable. Please avoid her at all costs if possible. One last thing... when I signed the contract and sent in our deposit check I received a phone call from the aforementioned Kim who advised me we owed them more money. I reviewed the contract again, and let her know we paid the correct amount. She then told me that they had put the incorrect amount on the contract, but since the rates were posted online we should have known better. She said we owed her another $1500!! At this point, she was so rude that I did not even want to discuss helping her with the mistake she had made. I told her I couldn't do anything to help her now because it was a signed contract. She still insisted we pay her more! She even tried to tell me that we had to pay because it was for the Heritage Conservancy, and they do so much good in the communities that it would basically be offensive for me not to cough up more money. I ended up having to involve my outside wedding planner, who threatened the Heritage Conservancy to never send another bride to any of their venues, and then AND ONLY THEN did they actually agree to abide by the contract that THEY had sent to ME. It put a sour taste in our mouths right off the bat. From that point forward, we were constantly nervous that they would try to get money out of us another way, and though they tried, we were very diligent with our bills and would not pay more than the thousands upon thousands we were already paying. I hate to say it, but Jeffrey Miller and the manager Kim are ruining wedding planning for the beautiful Aldie Mansion venue. The venue itself is absolutely outstanding!!!

Gorgeous location...decent food...worth the money

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Cori K

Despite being slightly more expensive than the other venues I looked at (mostly due to the rental fee, which I swore I would never pay...but this place was worth it!) Aldie Mansion has plenty of menu options to make it work for your budget. The venue is just incomparable for its... Read More idyllic setting, gorgeous building, and also for being a one-stop shop. The caterer is on-site and exclusive, which means you don't have to shop for a caterer (one less thing to deal with), and the kitchen is on-site so the food is fresh, hot, and delicious. Weeks later, everyone is still raving about the location and the food. The included wedding coordinator was helpful and responsive, and the day of she was great, but leading up to the event she seemed scattered, mixing wedding details and taking a few days to respond via email (probably a reasonable amount of time, but to a bride planning a wedding even minutes seem like days). Everything turned out great though. My day went smooth, no airplanes flew overhead during the ceremony (it was like they knew!), the weather was great, food was fantastic...couldn't have asked for anything more!