Aldie Mansion

Doylestown, PA

Aldie Mansion

Enjoy the incomparable New American Cuisine of Jeffrey Miller Catering at Bucks County's most exquisite wedding venue. The 1927 Tudor Mansion features wood burning fireplaces, leaded glass, carved paneling, period fountains and a Grand Ballroom.

Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

85 Old Dublin Pike, Doylestown, PA (215) 348-3509

Amazing wedding experience!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Stephanie W

My wedding was at Aldie on September 27, 2013, and it was perfect! Aldie was the first venue we looked at, and we fell in love with the space. It had just the right amount of indoor / outdoor space, and was oozing with character. It was a beautiful day, so we were able to have... Read More our ceremony outside by the amazing tree! Our coordinator Kim was so easy to work with, and very accommodating. The caterer is Jeffrey Miller, and although you are restricted to this caterer, the food is amazing, everyone raved about it! I wouldn't have changed a thing, and I am a super picky lady! Things can get pricey when they add up, but I hear it's pretty much similar to other venues and caterers, but it was all worth it.

best day of my life!

Reviewed on 11/21/2012 Kelly H

I was married at Aldie Mansion on June 21st, 2013. The entire experience was overwhelmingly wonderful and surprisingly easy. The mansion is so beautiful. We had so many guests raving that it was ‘the best wedding they had ever been to’. Everyone who has seen the photos... Read More online that our friends and family posted, has said (first: how beautiful I was) how amazing the mansion is! The landscaping is so well it done, it heeds no further decoration. The lights in the ballroom that are spotlight the centerpieces really make the place come alive. It was wonderful to have the ceremony and the reception all in one place. The perfect combination of rustic and elegant. The food was delicious. JAM does such a great job. And the service was fast and friendly! Our coordinator was so helpful and knowledgeable from the very beginning. I am so grateful for her! I haven’t been to many weddings, and had never been in one- so I needed all the help I could get! She asked me all the right questions, and was so understanding and flexible when I had a change or a last minute addition (night before the rehearsal!). It was the best day of my life, and I contribute so much of it to Aldie.

Love the Aldie!

Reviewed on 8/22/2012 Emmy S

My fiance and I are getting married at the Aldie in October, and we love it! The grounds and the mansion itself are beautiful. We first visited the Aldie on a cloudy day in February, and the grounds and the main party room still looked beautiful. The bride and grooms rooms are... Read More very spacious also, which was important to us. Staff is very organized and helpful, and the exclusive caterer there, JAM, is amazing. We can't wait to eat the delicious food and desserts! Highly rec!

Reviewed on 2/21/2018 Allison T

Our wedding at Aldie Mansion was exactly what we imagined and more! Having our wedding in December, we were very impressed by their holiday decor which was elegantly decorated in each room of the mansion. It also snowed on our wedding day, further highlighting the beauty of the... Read More venue and created an extra special ambiance. The food and service was exceptional. We loved that the menu options varied from the traditional wedding food that you see at every other wedding. Bar service was quick, cocktail hors d'oeuvres were plentiful, dinner was delicious and efficient, and the cake was out of this world! Planning was so easy, special thanks to our coordinator! So much so that we kept thinking we weren’t doing enough work leading up to the big day, but it was really just that the Jeffrey Miller team had it completely under control. It was so nice to not have to worry about a single thing the day of the wedding and just enjoy it to the fullest. Guests cannot stop raving about this unique and beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Brittany C

We had our wedding at Aldie Mansion in May 2017 and it was more than we could have asked for! The venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff at JAM is awesome. Shelley was our planner and she was great - her helpfulness and attention to detail in planning really helped us relax... Read More and enjoy the day when it came. 6 months after our wedding and people are still raving about the venue and food! I would recommend both JAM and Aldie in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 11/23/2017 Melissa S

We had our wedding at Aldie Mansion in September 2017 and couldn't have asked for a better day! My husband and I are both architects, so we were drawn to the unique charm of the Aldie Mansion, and knew immediately that we wanted to get married there. We loved that we had the... Read More entire mansion to roam around, and all the guests loved being able to play lawn games and mingle on the outside terrace with the band for cocktail hour. JAM catering provided amazing food! The hor d'oeuvres were a great variety, and they had a ton of add on options to choose from. The main meat and cheese table was absolutely amazing! It was great that they also provided a cake - and the flavors and decorations to choose from were perfect for us! We received tons of compliments on the venue, food, and overall day from our guests. We would recommend Aldie Mansion to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Elaina M

We had our wedding after Christmas in 2017 at Aldie Mansion. It worked out perfectly because the already beautiful venue was decorated from the holidays. It was stunning and helped with budget! Also, I can't say enough good things about my experience with Jeffrey Miller... Read More Catering (JAM!) The food was awesome! We were out of town for the group tasting but we were able to send my in laws to get the input. My father-in-law made it very obvious that we missed a spectacular presentation! When it comes to planning, I am not one for details and can be easily overwhelmed when making decisions. Luckily, Jeffrey Miller Catering provides a wedding coordinator. We had Kim Bates as our wedding coordinator. All of her suggestions were perfect! Her attention to detail was spot on, she responded promptly if I had a question, she provided a detailed itinerary which was super helpful when coordinating with my other wedding professionals, and she was very helpful the day of. My guests are still talking about the food, service, and beautiful venue. I would highly recommend JAM, Aldie Mansion, and Kim Bates.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Diane R

Our daughter and son-in-law were married January 6th 2017 at Aldie Mansion. Every part of the day exceeded our expectations. The mansion was still decorated for the Christmas holiday and added to the ambience of our winter wedding. The dusting of snow in the morning made the... Read More grounds spectacular for wedding pictures. Kim and her staff made our experience wonderful. Kim`s guidance thru the entire process of planning the wedding very comfortable. Our only compliant was the night went too quickly. Thank you for making the day very special for our family.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Rachael U

I could not imagine a more perfect place to have a wedding than Aldie Mansion. I knew it was the place not even halfway through our tour- the building itself is absolutely gorgeous, the grounds are picturesque, the ballroom is unique and elegant, and the tree is an absolute... Read More dream come true. I was NOT wanting a cookie-cutter country club ballroom and I found that in Aldie. The Mansion is full of character and it was the perfect space to host both my ceremony and cocktail hour/reception. During my cocktail hour, I had guests tell me this was the best wedding venue they'd ever been to... and the wedding wasn't even halfway through yet! I'm so happy that Aldie Mansion was the beautiful venue I had always pictures for my wedding!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Jessica B

I have loved the Aldie Mansion for years before we were planning our wedding. The estate is a beautiful hidden gem in Doylestown, PA. The location is so beautiful, you do not need to add much to the space to make it wedding special. Kim and the staff at Aldie/JAM Catering... Read More were wonderful to work with and very responsive to all of our questions and requests. They are willing to work with you to tailor your wedding day to your specifications and budget. For us, that meant biscuits instead of rolls with dinner. It really is the little things! My husband and I really appreciated the private cocktail hour in the bridal suite. Kim and her team prepared us a mini spread of all the cocktail offerings with champagne just for us to enjoy! It was a very special moment I will always treasure. Lest I forget! The winter fires were a wonderful touch for our November wedding. It was such a beautiful day. I cannot recommend Aldie Mansion enough for your wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Michael G

The staff at JAM is making it very simple to plan the wedding. They are helpful in many aspects beyond just the reception. JAM provided us with a great lists of local hotels, transportation companies, and etc.

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Danielle G

Aldie mansion is beautiful and so spacious for all of the guest. I fell in love with the romeo and Juliet balcony and knew I wanted my ceremony and reception here. Kim B. showed us several of the other JAM venues but I kept picturing the balcony. So we decided for a fall... Read More wedding. The staff has been incredible so far. Planning a wedding from have way across the country seems almost impossible but Crissi my planner is making it so much easier. While home over the holidays she was willing to meet with us for almost 4 hours so week could so the bulk of the planning 10 months in advance because we definitely would not be able come back for a while. The location is beautiful and the staff is fantastic

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Meghan C

It seems that most brides run into at least one crisis on their wedding day, but not me with Aldie! Our event coordinator was Sue and she made everything stress free and simple. She always responded to my emails or calls from day one of booking all the way up to the day before... Read More when I needed to add an extra guest. On the day of she was always there checking in with me and our parents to make sure everything was as we wanted. JAM cateoring was amazing! The food was delicious and the staff was wonderful! Our family and friends we so impressed by the space and the food. My husband and I couldn't have asked for anything more to make the day perfect!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Valerie R

Absolutely wonderful! For reasonable prices, especially compared to other Bucks Co. venues, we had a fabulous wedding. The grounds are beautiful and the food is delicious. Our wedding coordinator, assigned to us through JAM catering, made sure the day ran smoothly. Our guests... Read More raved about the whole evening. Aldie is the best!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 hazel g

We fell in love with Aldie Mansion the first time we saw it because it was historic and romantic. We signed the contract with Heritage Conservancy and Jeffrey A Miller catering more than a year before our wedding date. The tasting event was a gastronomic experience (advise- do... Read More not eat the day prior) and helped us pick out menu items. About 3 months prior to our wedding date, Kim Bates, our wedding coordinator, set the wheels in motion and everything came out perfectly. She went through our menu selections thoroughly and made very helpful suggestions. She drew a map of the venue so we could plan where everything was going to be. She mapped out the entire event by the minute. She suggested having dance sets in between dinner courses. She was very flexible regarding personal decorations we wanted to use. While we were getting ready, one of the bridesmaids had a hemming emergency and we needed an iron. Kim found one and delivered it to the bride's suite. It down-poured the entire afternoon of our wedding day. We planned for a ceremony outdoors. Half an hour before our ceremony was about to start, the rain turned into a drizzle. Kim and her team quickly moved chairs out to the patio. We had a wonderful, intimate, super-romantic ceremony by the fountain. The toast while we were on the balcony made it even more special. We could not have picked a better venue. Our guests are still raving about how beautiful the venue was, how good the food was, and how well the festivities flowed. Kim, Tessa, and their team did an awesome job and we can't say enough superlatives about them. If you are thinking of getting married in Bucks County, you will be missing out if you did not have it at the gorgeous, historic Aldie Mansion, savor JAM catering's wonderful menu, and work with a wonderful team of wedding professionals. Hazel and Ken 5/13/2016

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Alyssa W

If you talk with our guests, they would probably give Aldie a 5/5. The setting is beautiful, which helped to make for a wonderful day. However, there were behind-the-scene issues that caused me to give a lower rating. Things to be aware of: -A novice wedding planner that seemed... Read More as though she didn't know the entire system -Items that weren't set up on time (when the first guests had arrived, they stated that the pre-ceremony beverages weren't set up) -We felt like it was all about the $$ (we asked to start 30 minutes earlier, and we were willing to pay money to do so. We were told no because they could potentially book another event beforehand, even though this was three months out and there were slim chances of another wedding ) -Day of service--When we were doing our photos during cocktail hour they brought out a small tray of appetizers for our entire bridal party, needless to say, I didn't get to try much. When a server was asked to bring more out, they never came back. During the reception family member grabbed drinks for me and my husband, it wasn't until our wedding planner left and the team captain took over, did a server offer to get us drinks. -I was excited to use their florist, only to find out they don't work holidays Our wedding was beautiful and it was a spectacular day filled with love. But, if I were to go through the wedding process again, I may search a little more before I settled on Aldie Mansion.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Rachel H

We chose to have our wedding at the Aldie Mansion in Doylestown. The venue is absolutely beautiful. Jeffrey Miller (JM) catering have the exclusive contract for catering in the venue. I’ll start with the positives. JM provided excellent food on the night. I’ve been to lots of... Read More weddings and JM's food was exceptional, many of our guests commented on how incredible the food was. From the hors d'oeuvres to the dessert – we couldn’t have been happier with the presentation and taste. Unfortunately, we can’t say the same about the service. Amongst all these glowing reviews it might be that JM just had an off-night. Either way, when they charge as much as they do, you expect a level of professionalism, far beyond what we experienced. Food service: Dessert was brought out almost an hour after it was scheduled to be. By the time it was served all of the guests had left their tables. Most of the dessert went uneaten. I did witness a member of JM staff help themselves to a mini-cheesecake in full view of guests – so at least someone got to try it! Table-service during meal: We paid extra for 2 bar staff to service the tables with wine during the meal. For this we received 1 visit to the table with wine during the meal. I had to get-up twice from the table to ask the server to come back and serve again, and I was the groom so I imagine every other table received even less service. Missing alcohol: JM’s instruction is that leftover alcohol is to be taken off premise on the night of the wedding and we duly obliged – taking everything that was given to us by the bar staff. 6 days after the event, we realized that there was a significant amount of alcohol missing that I knew we hadn’t used. Only when I took this up with JM, was I informed that they had 8 bottles of liquor and 4 bottles of wine of ours still onsite. Boxed-meals: JM is supposed to box and provide you with the wedding cake and no-show meals to take home as well as two complimentary boxed meals for the bride and groom. We received none of these. Dancing staff: The staff were very friendly so we had no issue when early in the night, they joined in dancing with the guests. In hindsight, if they had spent more time focusing on doing their jobs, we feel we wouldn’t have had many of these issues. Staff was also extremely comfortable with helping themselves to cookies at our cookie bar that served as favors for guests. Lighting: For anyone considering Aldie Mansion, you’ll know the lights on the oak tree are a major sell of the venue. During the evening I noticed they hadn’t been turned on. I asked the staff to turn them on but they never were. JM have placed the blame on the venue – advising that they did try and that there was a technical issue. Miraculously the lights were working both before and after our event.

Gorgeous venue, amazing food!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Jackie F

It sounds like a cliché, but as soon as I walked into Aldie Mansion I could easily envision having my wedding there. It's elegant and sophisticated without being stuffy. Kim, our coordinator, was great. She answered all my questions along the way and really helped make the... Read More day a success. Our guests raved about the location and the food. The courtyard outside was perfect for cocktail hour and the ballroom fit our crowd of near 150 flawlessly. I absolutely loved the ceremony space outside too - you can't go wrong out front by the fountain, out back near the sprawling oak tree or near the gazebo. All of the spaces require minimal decoration! We were able to coordinate dropping off alcohol and decor beforehand, which saved a lot of time. We were also sent off with lots of extra food, which was a lifesaver - we didn't have to cook before leaving for our honeymoon! All of the staff made us feel welcome and kept the evening running smoothly. I highly recommend Aldie Mansion - it made our wedding dreams come true!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

JAM was a great company to work with. When searching for a venue, I worked with Angela (who is in charge of Tyler Arboretum and Anthony Wayne). When she found out my mom lived across the country, she came with me to Aldie. I feel in love with Aldie when I visited and really... Read More appreciated Angela's care and support. The staff at Aldie were just as caring. Planning the wedding was stressful, but Sue (my coordinator) was quick to answer my emails and texts. She was able to calm me down and assure me that she and the staff will take care of everything. And they really did. It rained on the day, but I know Sue and the staff made everything run smoothly. They made sure that my husband and I were fed and hydrated (with alcohol and with water). Our time line didn't go as plan, but Sue keep an eye on the time and never rushed us. It was truly a crazy day, but our guests told us that the food was amazing and the venue was gorgeous (even in the rain). We used Buttercup as our florist and they were so accommodating to our budget and to what I envisioned. One of our guest loved it so much, that she told her engaged daughter about Aldie and they will be having their wedding there next summer. You really can't go wrong with Aldie Mansion. If you need something, you just ask and they will do everything they can to make your wedding easy and perfect.

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Madeline B

Our wedding was everything we could have wanted. The mansion is absolutely beautiful, and the event staff were incredibly sweet and accommodating. Our coordinator through Jeffrey Catering was so wonderful. She was very attentive to both me and my husband, and took the time to... Read More understand what we were looking for in our day. She was very reliable and professional, but fun to work with! The food Jeffrey Catering provided was delicious and everyone had great things to say about the appetizers and dinner. I would highly recommend Aldie Mansion as a venue for future events for people looking for a vintage style, great staff, and an overall easy planning experience.

Wedding review

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Capri C

All the venues I looked at didnt even compare to Aldie Mansion. The moment I walked into aldie I knew it was where I wanted to get married. We booked at Aldie about a year and a half to two years before our wedding date. On the day of the wedding we knew what to except on the... Read More wedding day, aldie had everything planned which made the night flow well. Our maitre de was easy to talk to and to found. She helped with anything. They had a tasting that everyone was invited to which was nice because you could smaple what food you would like. The one down fall from picking aldie was having to supply your on alcohol which wasn't terrible, just inconvenient. Also at the end of the night you must leave with everything, so my family memebers and I were running around collecting things. Aldie worked well with my other vendors.

A Perfect Evening

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Angelina C

Our reception at Aldie was perfect - we couldn't have asked for a better evening. The staff was AMAZING - especially Shelley who helped us extensively before the big day. Everything ran smoothly and on time and we were really able to enjoy the party! The tables were set... Read More beautifully and the staff followed all our instructions. The mansion was STUNNINGLY beautiful all lit up at night and our guests loved the ambiance and set up. The library ended up being the perfect size for a mostly indoor cocktail hour. The food was perfect and the apple cider donuts at the end were fabulous. We would wholeheartedly recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

Great Party!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Laura S

I was recently a guest at Aldie Mansion for my friends wedding. It was spectacular! The food was amazing, ambiance incredible and service outstanding. My friend had her ceremony outside and dinner in the ballroom. We had so much fun! She had every detail figured out. A... Read More signature drink to start the night and at the end of the night we were given hot cookies to go. Perfect spot!

The place says it all

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Meredith M

As someone who grew up in Doylestown, it was a no brainer to consider Aldie Mansion for our wedding even though we live in Philadelphia. The gorgeous interior and exterior of the property made for unbelievable photographs and an amazing outdoor ceremony in the front courtyard.... Read More Our guests loved enjoying the cocktail hour on the back patio and roaming the property to take in all the sights. The staff was really accommodating by allowing us to spend much of the day there leading up to our wedding. This made it super easy because it eliminated lots of travel. They were very helpful at the end of the evening and the clean up/pick up the following day was simple. Our point person had great communication throughout all of the planning and the person on call that evening took care of everything. We'd love to relive the evening again and again!