Alexander Homestead

Charlotte, NC

Garden Weddings & Rustic-Elegant Barn Receptions

Welcome to Alexander Homestead, a Queen Anne Victorian wedding/reception venue in Charlotte. Here you’ll experience the elegance you deserve and the convenience you need. We are an all-inclusive wedding venue where you leave the details to our experts, making your special day all it should be.

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

4717 Shamrock Drive, Charlotte, NC (704) 737-1023

If I could give 6 stars I would!

Reviewed on 2/17/2015 Katie T

Trust your gut if you have ANY inkling to contact or visit this venue - the reviews are true. I reached out to check on availability for a very fast approaching date, and was shocked at the level of service and responsiveness I received on my inquiry from Renee. So... Read More personable and professional, she immediately got me the information I requested, and shortly after scheduled a time for me to visit the venue. The hook was in as soon as I walked onto the property. It's a hidden gem. The entire team was fantastic to work with. They have 'preferred' vendors and require that you use their in house caterer, but honestly, having planned the wedding using everyone they recommend....I could not imagine using anyone else. Our day was perfect...our officiant Jim Lytle won everyone's hearts, the food was great, Pink Petunia flowers were immaculate, DJ Rich kept everyone on the dance floor, the cake from Nona's was delicious, and Garrett with Carolina Portrait Designs is beyond amazing. Like everyone else, I have to compliment Christi West. I swear she could coordinate a wedding in her sleep if she wanted to. ANY question or concern I had, I would email or call, and I got my answer (not exaggerating) immediately. There was never a time she had to 'check on' or 'look into' anything, which I found so impressive. Since we had such a short time frame to plan (5 months), this was key. She worked with me on incorporating every minor detail of what I had in mind for our ceremony and reception, from self-made items to seating arrangements...and she seemed happy to do it. You can tell she genuinely cares and wants your wedding day to be special and care-free, and that's exactly how it went. Everything flowed smoothly, and I owe that largely in part, if not completely, to her efforts, experience, and talent. She goes above and beyond - she even helped my Mom bustle my dress at the reception! You can't ask for anything better! Thank you to everyone involved with our big day at Alexander Homestead - it was everything I had always imagined and ever wanted...but better! :)

2015-02-19T11:26:55 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for this wonderful review! We are so happy we were able to surpass your expectations! All the best to you both, Renee and Christi

Way better than I can Imagine! Best day of my Life for sure!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Tu H

Hands down the best venue in Charlotte, NC and the best experience you are going to find! PLUS for a really fair and reasonable price! We book this venue about 11 months before our wedding. The factors on why we initially chose this place is because it was incredibly gorgeous... Read More and hidden. Unless you come onto the venue's property, you have no idea what it has to offer. It provides privacy by being gated, and convenient to downtown or university area. The venue offers catering, cake, DJ and Photography (only requirement is to use their caterer, besides that the others are recommendations). It made our process so easy to just deal with one person for everything. And this one person was the key to making our wedding successful and spectacular and eventually "she" is the reason why I would recommend anyone to pick this venue. Her named Christi West. She is an amazing wedding coordinator! The level of service she provide is incredible. No doubt she will make sure that the Bride will not have to worry about anything on the wedding day, but to enjoy and relax...which is what I did! Her staff members are PROS! They know what they are doing, I was never once worried at all about something being messed up. They were so nice, our guest invited them to the awesome photo booth for pictures! Our DJ from A.H. was amazing, we had guests immediately asking for his number for other events. and our cake was spectacular. Overall, I believe that I had the best wedding I could ever ask for in my life and it was all due to Alexander Homestead and their incredible team! and best of all I did not break my bank....You can't ask for more than that!

2014-07-05T12:34:03 Response from the vendor

I guess you can get a better review then this one. Best day of your life?? That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! Welcome to the AH family! Renee and Christi

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Andrea C

Alexander homestead was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Christi is absolutely amazing. She really does care about all of her brides and making sure that their day is absolutely perfect for your special day. I highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Sarah D

Our wedding at Alexander Homestead was an absolute dream. Christ West was our coordinator and she made everything so easy for us. Fast responses, problem solver, and worked with all of our vendors to make our day a dream come true! We booked AH without even stepping foot into... Read More the venue, we knew this was the place we wanted to get married! I have not regretted that decision since the day that we made it! You will not go wrong if you choose to get married here!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Jennifer G

Our wedding day was perfect and we owe so much of that to Alexander Homestead. Kristin Thomas and Christi West answered every single question we had and made sure that we felt comfortable every step of the way. We received so many compliments about every aspect of the day. We... Read More could not have done it without all of their input. Do yourself a favor and book this place. You will have ZERO regrets!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Nicole N

Flawless.... I recently got married at Alexander Homestead on Friday April, 21, 2017. I can't thank Christi and her staff enough for a wonderful, smooth, and stress-free event. Every detail question, text message at random hours and concern regarding the weather was always... Read More answered with a calming ease by Christi. She is absolutely wonderful and made my life so easy. I went with all the vendors they recommended and I must say I am so happy that I did. We have heard nothing but praise and how much fun all of our guest had. I would recommend anyone thinking about getting married here to absolutely do it! You wont regret it!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Heather B

Alexander Homestead was everything I could have dreamed of for my wedding day! The setting is beautiful... from the ceremony outside with beautiful gardens to the reception inside the rustic barn. The guests were wowed that such a venue existed in such proximity to uptown... Read More Charlotte. I love that they have a bridal suite area just above where all the guests come in. It is furnished with a refrigerator, couches, tables, and has a full bathroom. Christi (wedding coordinator) was AMAZING!!! She's so helpful and ran everything so smoothly so I had absolutely no stress on the day of the wedding. All of the vendors go through her and not you!! Makes it a much more enjoyable experience as a bride. We also used the house DJ and he was fabulous! He literally played "straight fire" as my husband would say. We had a blast! Also you should definitely use their recommended photographer- Carolina Portrait Designs! They were able to capture each and every moment of the day, especially the fun at the reception! Alexander Homestead exceeded our expectations... if we could get married again we do it all the same at Alexander Homestead. Do yourself a favor and book your wedding venue here!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Erinique L

We had such an excellent experience working with the entire Alexander Homestead crew especially our wedding coordinator Christi, through this whole process. They were absolutely amazing! My mother just went on and on about how they were so on the ball and so helpful and just... Read More down right awesome. Everyone had such an amazing time and they LOVED the venue. I keep hearing about it weeks later when I run into my friends and family. I had several people come up to me and ask about how they would be able to use your beautiful facility for all types of events. We will never be able to thank you all enough. The venue was absolutely beautiful. They truly made our day so extra wonderful. Christi even took the time to help my sister get me all bustled up. I can't say enough about Alexander Homestead. Perfection!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Lindsay S

Perfection. This one word sums up not only our wedding day, but the planning, coordination, and team at the Alexander Homestead. From our first tour and booking with Renee, I knew that we found the right spot and team to work with. The grounds are magnificent, and with a 68... Read More degree wedding day we were able to take full advantage of the beautiful gazebo and open aired barn. Christi West is a gift from above and made planning my wedding day a breeze. She is professional, friendly, kind, caring, and one of the most gracious people I’ve encountered in the wedding industry. She is there to answer questions by email, phone, or text, and never rushes you off or delays in her responses. She is such an asset to the homestead and all brides that are lucky enough to have her help plan their big day. Our guests keep telling us how much they loved the ground, food, and general ease of the wedding. There was no stress on the big day, thanks to the professionalism of the full staff that all work so hard for you and your guests. I highly recommend all brides to look at this venue, and trust the team at Alexander Homestead to ensure that your day is really what dreams are made of.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016

Where do I even start?! I am so very fortunate to have had such an amazing experience planning my wedding. I got married about a month ago at the Alexander Homestead! From the first time we toured the venue all the way to the end when we were getting in the limo, everything... Read More went flawlessly. Renee, Christi and Kristin were so nice and easy going, they were such a pleasure to work with. The grounds are gorgeous and they work very hard to make sure you have an exceptionally good day! I can't say enough about this team and the entire experience. I still have family and friends telling me how great of a time they had. You know it's a good wedding when a month later it's still being talked about :) I can't thank you all enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Morgan R

I cannot say enough good things about the AH crew! From the initial walk through and up until the day of my wedding, they were there to help in any way they could. I live out of town so planning a wedding long distance was a challenge but both Christi and Kristin were constantly... Read More there to answer any questions or give me directions on what I needed to do next. Kristin was my day of coordinator and my day would not happened without her. She was everywhere all at once and made everything flow so seamlessly, I cannot thank her enough. The venue is even more beautiful in person and I would recommend this team time and time again!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kaley E

I just recently got married here on September 16th, 2016. First off I would like to say how amazing the venue coordinated with my budget, never once did I feel like this was just a business deal they treated me and my family like we were one of their own. I had the privilege of... Read More having Christi as my day of coordinator. Every time I felt stressed about anything or procrastinated (and oh did I procrastinate) she always handled everything for me. The venue was so beautiful beyond imagine and made that night that much more special. Everything ran so smoothly the day of, we literally had no problems. Everyone said this was the best wedding the had ever been to. Not saying that to brag, I'm saying this because everyone kept telling us it was because of the atmosphere of the venue and that was all Alexander Homestead and their amazing staff that gave 150%. I highly recommend this venue!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Bess C

From the moment I visited the Alexander Homestead I knew it was a very special place. I met with Renee first and she was so sweet and helpful, I fell in love instantly and knew it was going to be a perfect location for our Charlotte wedding, because even though it is in... Read More Charlotte's city limits, it feels totally rustic and far away from everything! The wedding coordinator, Christi, is seriously the most amazing human and SO helpful. I was one of those brides that really tried to do it all myself but had tons of questions for her though out the process. She was always quick to answer and help! And then, as the wedding week approached, so did Hurricane Matthew. I dreamt and planned for a year for an outdoor wedding at the gorgeous gazebo, but the Saturday that Hurricane Matthew hit made it impossible. Christi talked to me about a back up plan a few days before and we made it happen! The Alexander Homestead is unique in that it has a built-in rain plan in the atrium, which is built off of the back of the barn. So it's nice to have comfort knowing that SHOULD it rain, you will be covered. Literally. And Christi makes it all happen. Everyone has said how BEAUTIFUL and FUN our wedding was and I believe it myself. It was perfect despite the very inclement weather, and if it can be perfect in those conditions it can be perfect in ANY condition! The food is delicious, you're able to bring your own beer & wine which will save you a ton of money, and AH has service partners...DJ, Florist, Pastor, Baker, and more that made it so easy to coordinate everything. They do a lot of the work for you. And you SERIOUSLY need to use Nona's Sweets for your desserts...we got the cupcakes from there in four different flavors. They were TO DIE for. The best cupcakes on the face of this planet, I wish I could have one right now :) Anyways, you won't have any regrets at this gorgeous venue or working with the people. It's an amazing balance of elegant and rustic in the venue so if that is what you're going for, you've found it! Everything is just so wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jess S

We absolutely loved this venue and our day was perfect. Christi is so helpful and everything I wanted she was able to do for me. Planning an out of town wedding was somewhat stressful but she put my mind at ease with every concern that arose. My guests loved the DJ (Rich Lange),... Read More the string trio, and the beautiful table arrangements which were set. The food was above average, I wish we could have done a tasting prior. The floral arrangements (Pink Petunia) were small but you get what you pay for with flowers and we ended up using our larger arrangements from the rehearsal dinner. We used a cigar roller and bus transportation and Christi collaborated with the outside vendors. It was such a lovely fall day and our recommended photographer (Michael Board) captured everything we wanted. We loved the marriage enrichment classes that were offered even though we were not able to partake in them. The night was seamless and I wish we could relive it! We couldn't have imagined a better experience. Thank you to Renee and Christi for all of your help on such a wonderful day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Nicole R

Let me start by saying that this venue is absosltely beautiful. We looked at multiple venues, and there was no place that compared. I do feel the rules are a little more strict than I would have liked, in terms of curfew and flexibility. I do feel this venue is more focused on... Read More quantity, in terms of how many weddings they can squeeze into one weekend, which can cause some issues with organization and accommodating your specific needs. BUT... I will say that Christi (my event coordinator from Alexander) was fantastic. She did her best to make sure my day was special. She worked very closely with me and was very responsive. She really knows her stuff! I do feel they should have more than 1 person helping the event coordinator the day of the wedding, in order to make the process smoother to ensure the timeline goes accordingly. At the end of the day, this venue is worth every dime. I am so grateful for Christi and her staff. Thank you for all you have done!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Meredith R

The Alexander Homestead is the perfect place for a wedding! It was absolutely beautiful! Christi was amazing to work with and made us feel so special and taken care of the entire time. The staff was wonderful, the food was delicious, and everyone had a blast. It was perfect!... Read More We would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Alexis C

The Alexander Homestead is THE most amazing venue and truly made my wedding day perfect. From the gardens, to the gazebo area, to the bridal suite, to the barn, every aspect of The Homestead is just beautiful. Planning my wedding out of state stressed me out but Christi West was... Read More there every step of the way and made me feel at ease. The staff is so friendly and it is so apparent that they truly want their clients to have the most incredible day possible. I highly recommend this venue. It is SO unique and you will have the best memories of your wedding day.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

My girlfriend got married here and she found out that the owner Caroline is a hateful B! This lady disrespected one of her employees right in front of us and the poor girl started crying! After I saw that I went and asked her what she did and she told me that caroline is... Read More disrespectful to all the employees and everyone hates her. She said the only reason the place is a success is because the staff is amazing. It has nothing to do with caroline's leadership. Don't waste your money with this place and please don't give another dollar to this lady she deserves much less in life.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Victoria G

My husband and I are so impressed with the Alexander Homestead. They made our day incredibly special and were extremely accommodating. Tell them what you want the day to be like, and they mean it when they say they will make it happen! They went above and beyond to make our... Read More wedding exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

I give the AH 10 stars!!!! Christi worked tirelessly to create a personal wedding for my daughter and her groom, and the result was exactly the "garden elegance" that we were hoping for! As a mother planning a wedding in Charlotte from another state, with guests coming from... Read More all over the country, I relied on each of the AH preferred vendors (photographer, officiant, master of ceremonies, florist, musicians, and candy supplier), and each one was fantastic! The entire event was even better than I had hoped it would be. And when Christi opened the barn doors at about 10 pm during the reception and my daughter saw the twinkly lights in the garden and our guests were able to watch the dancing standing under the stars in the cool night air, I knew that we had made the best choice of venue for this most special celebration. Thank you for everything Christi and the AH staff! Deb Giaimo

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Kerry S

I can't even put into words how absolutely amazing this venue was, and the people who run it are even better! The venue itself is gorgeous and a perfect place for the rustic wedding I was going for. Our guests stayed uptown so within the weekend they got to experience uptown... Read More city life and then this hidden gem right outside the city. Christi was our coordinator and could not have been more accommodating and helpful during this whole process. Weeks before the wedding I would text her at all hours of the day and night about minor details I had questions about and within minutes she would respond. She put me at ease with the whole thing and come the wedding day I had zero worries. Best part, she wasn't just there for me every month and day leading up to the wedding, she was there the day of to make sure everything went as planned!!! Her day of coordinator Kristen was also there to help out, and these two made an amazing team! They truly are an all inclusive venue and having someone handle all communication with vendors was fantastic! All I had to do was plan the initial meeting to pick out what I wanted, but all other details down to deposits were handled by Christi. We used an outside vendor for our cupcakes, and Christi even handled all communication for day of coordination with them. I could go on and on, but if you are looking for a beautiful venue, someone who can carry out all your wedding dreams, and an all inclusive venue, Alexander Homestead is the place to go!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Jason F

To say Alexander Homestead is "amazing" would be an understatement. This really is the perfect place for a wedding! They have EVERY detail covered. You won't have to worry about a thing. We were so impressed with the beauty of the venue & the level of service provided. I... Read More would HIGHLY recommend AH to any bride & groom!! Trust me, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Erin G

We loved this venue and our guests did, too! As a bride planning a wedding from out-of-state within six months, they made it extremely easy to get all the major details narrowed down on time. Major decisions are easy to choose from and give you time to make more personalized... Read More decisions like decor. Our coordinator was always available to answer questions throughout the planning process. They went above and beyond to help us find a date and time that worked well for us and our budget!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Grace F

The wedding coordinator Christi is nothing short of amazing! She went out of her way multiple times to help us get everything done. The venue was stunning and they're catering is wonderful.

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 FATIMAH A

The venue was amazing! Christi West was super nice and a great help. My special day was very special. Thank you so much.