Alison Conklin Photography

Philadelphia , PA

Alison Conklin is an award-winning photographer for weddings, engagements, families, and children, as well as commercial photography for lifestyle and catalog shoots. She is known for her candid, bright, and emotionally-charged shots which have graced the pages and covers of numerous magazines.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Alison is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Nicole S

What I say ... Just go to her website, and you like the rest of us will understand why you MUST have Alison Conklin for your wedding photographer. Her and her husband Geoff are so professional, prompt, and deliver on what they know best ... Pure quality!! My... Read More wedding day was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks to Alison, I have every moment captured by her brilliant eye. Absolutely amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 shelley b

EXCEPTIONAL! EXCEPTIONAL! EXCEPTIONAL! I am trying to grab the attention of all brides-to-be. You must be sure to book Alison Conklin as your photographer. While Alison may be holding a camera she is truly performing magic before your eyes. Alison's creative eye will take... Read More any simple scene and turn it into a MAGICAL- truer than life setting. Take the time to review her web site's blog and galleries and you will instantaneously feel that you were a guest at all of those weddings. Alison's great flexibility and calm manner will keep the bride and groom, bridal party, et al at such ease that the most natural, unposed and candid photos will be yielded. I continue to be amazed at how Alison and Geoff (who assisted her at my daughter's wedding) were able to be there at all the "right moments" while not getting in people's way or view. I recently attended a wedding where the photographer was constantly blocking people's views, practically tripping us on the dance floor, and often shining bright lights in our eyes. Alison's photography is IMPECCABLE, NATURAL,EXCITING, STIMULATING and just downright BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Any bride-to be- should consider booking Alison Conklin Photography as soon as you set a date. Utilize her packages fully and she will provide you with an exceptional and fun engagement picture session which will wet your appetite for what will be coming at your wedding. Your selection of her services as your wedding photographer will REAP you many rewards, as her memorable photos will immediately take you back to the feelings of wonder and excitement you had on your special day. I cannot thank Alison enough for providing my daughter and then fiancee with a fun filled and creative engagement photo session. The resulting photos are amazing and required great creative thought and inspiration. I quickly saw that Alison was able to see Dara and Sal's bright personalities and great love for each other. This carried through to their wedding day where the pictures just draw you in and allow you to feel their joy and love for one another. I am so grateful that she placed a large sample of their wedding day on her blog, a short time after the wedding. Now that we have the full set of pictures I am so amazed by all the wonderful aspects of the day that she was able to capture, many that I, as mother of the bride was too busy to observe, or recall due to many blurred memories of the day. People always say that the day will go so quickly. Thanks to Alison and her creative eye, I will have all the wonderful moments of my daughter's wedding to cherish and revisit forever. I also want to thank Alison and Geoff, for making us feel like VIPs. Their constant state of "calm" put us at such ease and enabled her to catch the bride and groom's and bridal party and guests "best moments" . You want to laugh along with them. While at the same time she captured Dara and Sal's great love for each other with some of the most romantic and touching pictures I have ever seen. These photos continue to bring tears to my eyes each time I look at them, now a few months later. I know that my family's relationship with Alison Conklin Photography will be ongoing for many other important events in our lives.

Alison Conklin is the MOST amazing photographer

Reviewed on 5/01/2013 emily d

Alison (and her wonderful husband, Geoff) are incredibly talented artists. I cannot express how grateful my husband and I are for capturing moments that we will treasure for decades to come. Alison captures the MOST priceless moments, emotions and connections between people.... Read More I am truly in awe of her gift. She also somehow manages to take the most perfect photographs without ever being in the way...our families (and our entire bridal party) absolutely loved her. Not only is Alison talented, but I guarantee that you will also want to become friends with her. She is one of the most perceptive, patient, cheerful, generous and kind people I have ever met...and she effortlessly puts everyone at ease around her. I honestly cannot understand why any bride would choose a different wedding photographer - the images she captures are worth their weight in gold (just take a look at her website!) and she is an absolute pleasure to work with. I am already excited to work her with again in the future when my husband and I have children!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015

Alison and her husband are truly talented at what they do. The photos they are able to catch are simply amazing and breathtaking. They are also a pleasure to work with and two of the sweetest people I have ever met. Would highly recommend them for any occasion. Sister of the... Read More Bride

Best photographers ever!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Amy F

Alison and Geoff are the best of the best! They are super easy to work with, amazingly friendly, funny, professional... All the things you are looking for. Stop dilly dallying and hire them. It's like hanging out with you fun friends who also happen to be excellent... Read More photographers. They also create a fantastic high quality finished product, and were very responsive to all communications throughout planning. Worth every penny. Hire them.

Capturing Every Moment

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

The only photogrpaher I would reccommend to anyone would be Alison Conklin Photography. Both Alison and Geoff capture the moments that not all photographers do but that all clients want in their photos. Their photos don't feel staged or fake they capture all the real, precious... Read More moments on your special day. They made me and my husband feel comfortable taking photos which can somtimes be awkward. Alison has such a creative eye that made my photos look like they belonged in a magazine. I am so incredibly happy that I chose Alison Conklin Photograpgy.

Great people. Great Photos. Great Memories.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Alison and Geoff were the best choice for our wedding. They were very accommodating and fun to hang out with as we did TWO engagement shoots on TWO different coasts of the United States! The wedding day was relaxed but they still got great pictures of everyone getting ready... Read More and preparing for the big day. The photos of the ceremony were stunning from all angles. They also took some amazing shots during sunset at the receptions getting some amazing angles and colors that looked beautiful. I rate them an 11 out of 10!

The perfect memory

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kimberly P

For me, photography was the #1 priority for my wedding. It's the only lasting piece to be able to enjoy later. From my first email convo, Alison and her team were professional and warm. She delivered photos above and beyond my expectation. She truly captures magical light... Read More and beauty in her photos and I can not recommend her and her team enough. She is the sweetest person and just makes you so comfortable you forget she is taking your photos. My husband was very camera shy and she made him look like a natural. On the day of our wedding, her relaxed attitude helped calm my nerves and she got every shot I could have dreamed of. Her and her team are a very special find. Beautiful inside and out and create the most incredible photo moments I am going to be able to treasure forever. Alison thank you so much for everything you do! I would recommend Alison and her team to anyone that wants both beautiful imagery and an equally great experience working with her.

Magazine-Worthy Photography

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Lisa C

You cannot get a better photographer for your money. The talent & artistry involved in Alison's work is stunning, & you will not be disappointed. We hired Alison for a package which included our Engagement Session. This was a great way to get to know her, her to get to... Read More know us, & have a great time. We spent time at a farm near her in PA (Rodale Institute Farm) & it was incredible. We got an unbelievable number of images from the shoot, & got to play around & try so many things. Then came the wedding day! Our package also included her husband & co-shooter, Geoff. They work so well together - & you would barely notice they are there for all of the big moments - but they caught them all! While we did formal shots, my husband did some fishing, & the moment Alison captured ended up on the PhillyMag blog! Even the fish looked photo-ready! Also, there are photographers out there who may limit the number of photos you receive. For both our engagement & wedding photos we received more pictures than I could have ever imagined! It has been so hard choosing shots for save the dates & thank yous! The images that resulted from our big day take my breath away every time I look at them. If you want guaranteed amazing once-in-a-lifetime photography, Alison is your choice!

alison conklin ROCKS

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jacqueline R

She was poised, calm, easy going, professional, personal, and fun. I 100% suggest booking her for anything. I've been a bridesmaid more than I can count and she was nothing like I'd ever experienced. Our expectations were not just met, they were exceeded!! BOOK HER!

Absolutely Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Ever since Alison photographed my friend's wedding a few years ago, I started following her blog and admiring her work. When it came time for my own wedding, there was no question that I wanted to hire her. I live abroad but returned home to PA for my wedding, so as you can... Read More imagine, I had a lot to organise from far away. From my first email correspondence with Geoff, to my first meeting with Alison only a few months before my wedding, they were an absolute dream to work with. Alison has such a calm and warm demeanour, and she put me at ease from the very beginning. On the day of our wedding, she made the process of taking photographs feel so effortless and natural, and our wedding party felt just as comfortable as we did. We couldn't wait to see our proofs, and Alison was quick to deliver. Words can't even describe how amazing the photographs were. My husband and I looked through them for ages, and still do! Alison really managed to capture the spirit of the day, which was so important to us as it was the first (and probably last) time all our friends and family from two different countries would be in one place. Every reunion, first meeting, laugh, tear, crazy dance move...she got it all. She really gave us the most incredible gift, and we will cherish the photographs forever.

Once I found Alison, there was no one else!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Amy G

Like much of my wedding inspiration, I found Alison through a series of random Pinterest clicks. But once I found her, I was hooked. I looked through so many of her previous wedding blogs, and I loved how each one told I story. I could feel the emotions jumping off each... Read More photo, and I didn't even know the people! I did my due diligence and met with several other photographers. But at the end of the day, I kept comparing them to Alison's work that I had seen. I knew I couldn't go with anyone else on my wedding day. My husband and I live in NJ but we decided to take a trip down to Philly to meet with Alison in person. In her laid-back and calm style, she walked us through the services she offers and confirmed our beliefs that she was the one for us. She traveled up to us to do our engagement photos the summer before our wedding. I had never been photographed before, so I felt a little awkward and nervous. But Alison was great, asking us questions to get to know us as individuals and as a couple. This helped us to feel at ease and look as natural as possible. On the wedding day, Alison and Geoff were an amazing team. They were there when we needed them without being distracted. They made sure to capture each photo we wanted but also went with the natural flow of the evening. All of the bridal party commented on how easy they were to work with. And I loved that Alison kept reminding the guys to take off their sunglasses-- a small detail I am so grateful for! The pictures turned out more beautifully than I could imagine! I would recommend Alison to any future brides. She's worth it.

Better than The Best!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Kathryn H

Choosing Alison to photograph our wedding was not even up for discussion when my husband and I began planning our wedding. I have never been the girl that was dreaming of her "perfect wedding", but I began following Alison's blog after she photographed one of my friend's... Read More weddings because I felt so engaged in the pure emotion captured by her photos (even of complete strangers). A wedding day is a very special and very intimate experience, and I knew Alison's sensitivity and creativity would capture our love, happiness and those all-too-fleeting moments in a way that no one else could. With each picture of Alison's that my husband and I look at, we feel overcome by the emotion of that split-second - a stolen glance from my husband, my parents dancing together, our friends laughing, suspended mid-dance move. If a picture is worth a thousand words, Alison's photos are truly priceless.

The Best of the Best

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 Meghan B

First, their talent. Alison and Geoff work in such a way that you can can literally relive your wedding day through their pictures because they get the moments - the tug at your heartstrings moments, the ones you look back on and remember the most. They are fully invested and... Read More engaged in the dynamics of the day and beautifully capture them on camera. Everyone looks better through their lens - gorgeous, loving, happy and genuine. On an interpersonal level, Alison and Geoff are people you want on your wedding day. They are so easy to be around - friendly, funny but know when and how to blend in seamlessly so as not to divert attention. They were so discreet while we were getting ready, during our ceremony and reception but you'd never know it from their pictures. I can't recommend them highly enough!

The ACP experience

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Jessica T

My now husband and I saw Alison's pictures well over a year before our September wedding and from the first picture we both were in agreement that we had to have Alison photograph our wedding. We can not say enough wonderful things about ACP it truly is such an experience to... Read More work with Geoff and Alison. From getting ready to the last kiss of the day Alison and Geoff were there to capture every special moment. I received my pictures back in such a timely manner and they came back beyond expectations. When Alison showed us our pictures I was left with tears in my eyes and butterflies in my stomach, my pictures were absolutely stunning and we were so excited to share them with our friends and family. I honestly can say I brag to everyone that I was lucky enough to get the best wedding photographer a bride could ask for Alison and Geoff truly do provide an amazing experience and these two certainly are masters of their craft with the talent and personality to match. You can not go wrong with ACP as no other photographer even compares to what you get with Alison!!!!

wonderful people/professionals

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Elizabeth H

I had been following Alison's blog since she did a friend of ours wedding almost 3 years ago. I love how she and Geoff are able to capture so much emotion in a picture. I found myself tearing up at pictures of people I didn't even know! Having Alison do our wedding was... Read More probably the first decision I made during the planning process. We decided to choose a package that included engagement pictures. During the engagement session, Alison was so nice and down to earth. She made us feel very comfortable. She asked questions to get to know us, and also shared some of her own stories. The pictures she took on that day were beautiful. For the wedding day we had both Alison and Geoff. My husband loved Geoff. He was really funny and easy going during the "getting ready" part with the guys. After the wedding we had a short time to get pictures taken and Alison and Geoff were super efficient and professional. We got the USB of the pictures super quick and the website they give you to navigate online is also very easy to use. I've gotten so many complements on the pictures and have suggested her to every bride that asks!

Incredible Photographers. Amazing People

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Roni R

My partner and I were recently married and were lucky to have Alison and Geoff as our photographers. They were a joy to work with before and during our wedding. They worked with our vision of the wedding and were completely attentive to our goals for the day (including... Read More integrating our dog into it)! Alison had creative ideas about pictures to take that highlighted our venue and that fit our personalities. Alison and Geoff were great through all of the family photos, remaining patient with all of the personalities and keeping us all on track. They made us feel comfortable and special the entire day. The pictures are amazing. Alison and Geoff captured the day beautifully. Alison has a gift for catching the subtle smiles or glances and making them the most beautiful pictures ever.

alison conklin is amazing.

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Danielle L

where do i even start... alison is such an amaaaaazing photographer. not only is she super talented, she is one of the nicest human beings on this planet. we used her for our engagement and wedding. five years later we are still getting compliments on our wedding photos. since... Read More then she has become a friend and turned into our family photographer and shot some of our new milestones, my pregnancy and our little girl. she is the best and we would recommend her for your big day!!!!!!

The most breathtaking photographs

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Mallorie C

There is only one way to describe the Conklins: a gift. Despite living in Manhattan we were extremely familiar with the Conklins from weddings we had previously attended in PA. As a NYC bride, I had a pool of well-known, accredited wedding photographers at my finger tips,... Read More but the Conklin's work stood out and spoke to me. They capture you being you! My most honest, candid, natural and emotional moments are featured in our wedding photographs. They also have an appreciation for editorial shots (style!) and capture those looks beautifully. They traveled to NYC for our engagement session, no questions asked- super easy and flexible - despite being out of state. They are both incredibly professional and most importantly, the kindest, sweetest, most genuine people. They are the ultimate husband and wife dream team that will be right alongside you through the joy of your day. I absolutely cherish our engagement and wedding photographs. They are everything to me. It was almost impossible to choose the shots that I wanted to frame..I am in love with every.single.shot. They are artwork. Our wedding photographs have been featured in Style Me Pretty, BRIDES, Things Remembered Catalog and many more blogs/social media accounts and it is all because of these two! We care for Alison and Geoff as family and recommend them to every newly engaged couple we meet!

Picture Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Elizabeth R

My husband and I were so happy with our decision to choose Alison Conklin Photography for our wedding! We didn't get a videographer and surely didn't need it... The pictures captured so much emotion, that it was like reliving the day all over again! There were moments where you... Read More didn't even know your photo was being taken. We would definitely recommend Alison Conklin Photography hands down!

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

I met Alison briefly when I was a guest at a friend's wedding. I had heard from the bride how amazing she was, and I passed along the compliment to her when I met her at the reception. She was working with her husband, Geoff, and they worked so seamlessly together. They were... Read More everywhere snapping away, and yet, you hardly noticed. I saw a blog post of the pictures when they were ready and I was literally BLOWN AWAY. I was at this wedding, yet she somehow captured things I missed and made everything look even more breathtaking. Immediately, I decided to book her for family portraits and was excited to see her magic with my own family. We have family pics done yearly, and I will NEVER use anyone but Alison. Hers were by far the most amazing ones we have ever had done. I was so glad to meet her at this wedding, and happy to say we now use her yearly.

I Knew I Wanted Alison Before I Got Engaged!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Erin B

The minute I saw my college roommate's wedding photos in 2011, I knew that I wanted Alison to be my photographer when I got married. After I got engaged, I immediately emailed Alison and lucky for me, she was available. I had no doubt that she was going to deliver. I... Read More communicated with Geoff, Alison's husband, throughout the planning process and he always responded timely and answered any questions that I had. Alison met us in White Plains, NY on a cold December day for our engagement photos. She has such an ability to see the beauty in abstract places. I was so happy with the results of our engagement shoot that I asked Alison to make our guest book out of them. Alison and Geoff came to NY the night before my wedding so that they would not hit the dreaded Friday Long Island traffic and be late. Geoff went to my husband’s parent’s house and shot the boys getting ready, while Alison continued onto the venue to scout out the location and wait for my arrival. Taking photos the day of the wedding was a breeze! I feel like I rarely saw Alison and Geoff during the wedding, yet they captured every moment. We are beyond grateful to have had Alison and Geoff at our wedding. Now we have memories to last a life time!

Amazing Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Jacqueline

Alison and her husband, Geoff, were amazing to work with! They are so sweet and professional and their work speaks for itself. They also responded very quickly to any questions that I had leading up to my wedding. I LOVE my wedding photos and could not be happier with my choice... Read More to ask Alison to photograph my wedding day.

Wedding 06.14.14

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Lauren S

Alison and Geoff are everything you imagine and more... As soon as we became engaged Alison was our first contact to ensure availability. We initially chose Alison Conklin Photography for the beauty captured through her lens by using natural lighting, candid approach and... Read More creating a timeless style. You quickly learn, Alison and Geoff are much more than photographers with their down to earth personalities, personal touches, hands on guidance and patience; i would go as far to say day-of therapists. Their calming presence, ability to make you feel comfortable in front of the lens is what allows those special moments to be captured forever with their beautiful touch. There aren't enough words to rave about Alison and Geoff, we love them and wish we had reasons to see them again! They are simply one of a kind, a power duo to say the least!

An Artist!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 abby g

I've known Alison for several years and have worked with there professionally and privately. I can honestly say that I've never seen such an artistic twist to wedding photography as she has to offer. And she proves it over and over again! I recommend her to all of my clients.