Amarante's Sea Cliff

New Haven, CT

Book Your Wedding with Amarante's Sea Cliff

A BALLROOM IN NEW HAVEN, CT

Wedding Gazebo. A walkway leads to a lovely white gazebo right at the water's edge, and an expansive lawn is perfect for setting up folding chairs for up to 200 guests.

The Inn. Couples who want a friendly affair with up to 150 guests will appreciate the intimate and elegant Inn at Amarante's Sea Cliff. The classic columns, custom window treatments and lovely place settings give the Inn a timeless aura for your banquet, and the relaxed setting allows guests to converse and visit with each other. A centrally located bar lets loved ones mingle, and the views from the deck are amazing.

The Grand Ballroom. With exposed beams, updated chandeliers, a dance floor and room for up to 280 guests, this elegant space has its own signature place settings, open deck, manicured lawns and strolling area along the seawall. This is a truly coastal wedding venue with views that constantly change in the harbor and sky.

Amarante's Sea Cliff is the exclusive catering vendor for Amarante's, but they do allow outside cakes and pastries. The venue provides place settings, tables, chairs, flatware and linens. Beverage service is also restricted to staff from Amarante's Sea Cliff, but they have an extensive collection of specialty drinks from which to choose. Bar ware and glass ware are available.

There is a minimum of 50 guests and a maximum of 280 attendees, and dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Themed parties are available with a very inventive menu at this event venue. Amarante's Sea Cliff has a preferred vendor collection which includes local florists, photographers and entertainers. The facility is decorated beautifully for holiday weddings for those couples who want a winter season vows exchange.

• Your own fireworks display can be arranged
  • Catering and lunch for local hikes and day trips
  • Yacht arrival or departure is available
  • Day of maitre 'd assigned to couple
  • Complimentary wedding coordinator with booking

Only at Amarante's Sea Cliff..

Boutique Style, Water View, Total Privacy The Amarante family has been entrusted for over fifty years to maintain this vintage facility with much care and love. It was designed in a Cape Cod style which has been maintained to keep the natural charm of yesteryear with all the conveniences of today.

Ballroom, Waterfront

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

62 Cove Street, New Haven, CT (203) 467-2531

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Bianica P

Amarante's was the perfect venue for my wedding. The views were just beautiful from the room. And the outdoor area for cocktail hour was amazing. By taking care of all the food, wedding cake, linens, and centerpieces, Amarante's made my wedding planning so much simpler! And on... Read More the wedding day everything was executed smoothly. The dinner was also delicious, we got many compliments from guests on the entrees.

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Shaniqua J

My wedding was absolutely fabulous. Food was awesome. Grace and Jose Jr. were very helpful and attentive. My wedding day went off without a hitch. The view and the grounds are awesome.

happy bride

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Ronnie Y

A venue that knows what they are doing. It was my second choice venue at the end of our search - the view was gorgeous but the buildings themselves weren't as estate like as I would have wanted. Due to unavailable dates at another beach side mansion we ended up booking with... Read More Amarante's & in retrospect it was for the better. Amarante's was not only a nice venue but came with a very experienced caterer & was much more affordable. The food was fantastic (never seen a piece of steak that big before my wedding day) & the staff on the day of went above & beyond to help us out & make sure things went smoothly. Probably would give 4.5 stars if half was possible for the lack of tasting and some delay in communication before the big day but everything on the day of worked out wonderfully!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Courtney B

We got married on September 8 and Amarante's was the perfect venue. Our wedding could not have been better. We were able to get married in the gazebo outside by the water and the sunset on the balcony was amazing. We originally booked at the Inn and then were transferred to the... Read More ballroom. The room was gorgeous and I could not have planned the look of the room better in my dreams. The food was incredible! The service was amazing and the package we ordered was not super expensive. Overall, I have nothing but good things to say.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Brianna V

Coming from out of town and planning our wedding from hundreds of miles away, the Amarantes staff really helped us with any questions we had and were quick to respond. Peter, Dawn & Grace are a great group. We booked almost 2 years in advance and they still honored every single... Read More thing that we had planned originally. The food was great, our guests raved about the open bar service, and I showed up on the wedding day with all of the decor in the right places. They really have the wedding day process down! The sunset outside is to die for also :)) great pictures her. N

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Courtney B

The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious, and all of our guests enjoyed themselves and had a good time. HOWEVER, at the last minute we were informed that we would have a stand in maitre d (who was a server and still had serving responsibilities during the evening). We were... Read More not given any horderves, our bridal party needed to tell the staff to come down to offer us drinks during pictures, and we were not served our meal (something we were explicitly told would happen) and all of these things seriously cut into our time to mingle with guests. As I said, it's a beautiful location but the staff is less than ideal when it comes to the bride and groom.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Misty M

It was absolutely an amazing and beautiful day! Our guests still cannot stop raving about how "perfect" everything was. You cannot get better than perfect, and it was incredible. The empanadas were amazing! But, I can easily say that about all the food. I just say that... Read More specifically about the empanadas because they were worth every extra penny. Everything we tried was so delicious! From the fresh food at the cocktail hour to dessert, it was a culinary delight for the taste buds. The service staff that I encountered, including the bartender, were professional and did a wonderful job. My friend was very impressed she was able to get her dirty martini and thought it was one of the best ones she had ever tasted. That reminds me: the red and peach sangrias. I almost did not do the signature drinks, and I am so glad I did. They were the best sangrias, I've ever tried. Finally, I saved the best for last: Ivan, headwaiter. He was wonderful! I feel like I meet very few people, who are doing what they love, and I definitely felt like Ivan loves his job. Even to the smallest detail, like having my favorite drink waiting on the sweetheart table for me, when we walked in (which I know is thanks to Dawn's meticulously note taking too), he had the night covered. I have to admit, it takes a lot to impressed me, and Ivan not only impressed but exceeded any and all of my expectations. Aramante's has an amazing team that made our night spectacular!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Amanda C

I cannot rave enough about Amarante's Sea Cliff. From start to finish I had the most perfect experience planning and having my wedding at this venue. Grace was truly wonderful to work with and organized the wedding of my dreams. On the day of, Ivan, my maitre d' provided top... Read More notch service for a smooth and flawless ceremony and reception. He walked me through the whole process and assured that everything went smoothly. The staff did an amazing job setting up my decorations and completely matching my vision. The food was incredible. My guests loved their entrees, which were chicken picatta and beef tenderloin. Cocktail hour Hors d'oeuvres were a hit as well! We also had a bacon egg and cheese station as our late night snack option. I can honestly say it was the best bacon egg and cheese I have ever had. They set up a table with fresh ingredients and made the most delicious sandwiches on warm croissants for our guests. Absolutely perfect! What I personally enjoyed as a bride was that my guests were able to mingle on the deck/patio connected to the ballroom. It really gave it a "party" feel and allowed for the guests (and myself) to really feel relaxed and enjoy the event! All night and the weeks to follow I've had people tell me it was the BEST wedding they have ever attended l (which means a lot coming from my guests!) Every transition throughout the event was perfect! The next day I went back to pick up a few things and Grace asked me how I thought it went. I started crying and told her that I can't even remember what i anticipated my wedding to look like and be because it genuinely exceeded any expectation I could of ever had. The setting was absolutely picturesque. I felt like I was at an inn in Watch Hill, Rhode Island rather than New Haven. Simply beautiful. FIVE stars to Amarante's for a truly perfect and personalized experience.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Pamela S

As a DJ/Photo Booth Owner, (It's All About You DJ Services, LLC) we work at many different venues throughout the State of CT, and Amarantes is one of the best that we have worked at. The staff is very accommodating, friendly and helpful!! There are many venues that are not... Read More helpful and quite frankly very rude to outside vendors, and staff, i.e., Anthony's Ocean View. I don't know why anyone would choose Anthony's Ocean View over Amarantes, as their staff are very rude, not accommodating and quite frankly their food does not even compare to Amarantes. Amarantes is very clean and beautiful and the food is incredible!! Anthony's Ocean View presents their food well, but with regards to taste and quality, Amarantes Sea Cliff ALL THE WAY!! We are writing this review because we feel the best and most honest reviews should come from the people who work behind the scenes and see how things are done and how guests are treated, etc. Sometimes things can appear to be on point from a presentation standpoint, but when you work behind the scenes and you see how a venue such as Amarantes treats their vendors and staff that speaks volumes for who they are. Special Shout Out to Grace, Jose, Darlene and their entire staff!! Again, we have worked hundreds of wedding venues, and if you are looking to make a decision for your Special Day between Anthony's Ocean View or any other venue, hands down, Amarantes Sea Cliff is the venue for your Special Day! Pam & Joe It's All About You DJ Services, LLC www.itsallaboutyoudj.com

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Elena A

My husband and I selected Amarante's Sea Cliff after visiting early this year. We booked it the same day as our visit. The minute we drove up we were taken by the view! Peter, Grace and Dawn all made us feel so comfortable and we loved the family owned feel. Planning the whole... Read More wedding from DC things was a little hard for us. Peter and Grace helped us out every step of the way and always made sure we felt comfortable with how things were taken care of. They were wonderful and easy to work with throughout the whole planning process. They truly wanted nothing more than a perfect day for my husband and I. They invited us for a tasting and after that we knew that the view, the service and the food would truly knock the socks off our guests! During the wedding we heard non-stop compliments of how delicious the food was & how wonderful the service is. We were lucky enough to catch most of our cocktail hour and let me tell you it was worth it. The sunset, drinks and the food were all amazing! With the touch of our rented gold chiavari chairs, the ballroom was stunning. The staff set up everything exactly how I dreamed of it. I cannot thank them enough for being a part of our big day & truly making it the best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Krista O

Amarante's is a good, reasonable place to get married. I'm not someone that grew up dreaming about my wedding and didn't even have a Pinterest before getting engaged, so while my fiancé and I wanted to have a fun wedding, we didn't want to break the bank. Pros: reasonable... Read More pricing, beautiful views of the New Haven harbor and good food. Our Maitre de Susana was also very helpful on the day-of and Grace was helpful during the rehearsal. The decor in the ballroom is also very pretty. We did not like the layout of the Inn because we had a band and it would have made it difficult for folks to see the band. Cons: We had some confusion upon booking and leading up to the date that caused some unncessary stress. We booked our wedding in late August for an October wedding the next year, for an outdoor ceremony and ballroom reception. Typically, the evening ceremony begins at 6:30 pm. However, in October, it would be dark at that time! Amarante's didn't bother mentioning that when we booked, and we only realized when a photographer mentioned it. I realize that's also our fault, but it still felt a little shady. Amarante's said they could potentially push the time back to 5:30, but would at least be able to push to 6:15, depending on events going on in the morning in the ballroom. Which just meant we had to wait until the last moment to order our invites. Not a big deal, but added stress. When following up a few months prior, I was informed that there was another wedding in the Inn, and the ceremony was at 3:30 pm. This was not an option we were informed of. The ceremony times presented to us at the sales pitch we're 11 am for the daytime slot and 6:30 pm for the evening. This impacted us in 2 ways- we couldn't really do first look on the grounds, and it made parking more challenging for our guests. I went into the agreement knowing there was the potential for a second evening wedding on the grounds, but not a second ceremony. So, while I thought it would feel like we were the only wedding for at least the ceremony, that turned out not to be the case. We were also told there would be plenty of parking, but I observed that a few of my guests had to park in the street. We had a fabulous wedding and tons of fun, but I would just suggest that couples be very careful upon booking that you know exactly what the logistics will be. There is definitely something to say for a venue that only hosts 1 wedding each day, instead of multiple- i.e., day and evening slots and 2 buildings. You're just going to pay a lot more if you book at that type of venue. So, the savings was worth it for us but the headaches might not be for another bride and groom.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Emma S

My fiance and my two best friends and I toured here when we were looking for a waterfront venue for our May wedding. I had emailed with Peter before we went, and he sent me sample menus with pricing, and we scheduled a tour. The pictures on their website and their menus were... Read More amazing. We had high hopes. The first thing we noticed when we arrived was the small and full parking lot. This is advertised as a handicapped accessible venue (my fiance is in a wheelchair) and not only could we not find a handicapped space, but the only space we could find was way out on the edge of the property. We got up on the porch (not accessible unless someone can help push the chair) and went inside, only to find an event going on. We were quickly ushered back outside and someone went to get Peter. After several minutes, Peter showed up and took us out back to the waterfront. When we asked about going inside, he said they had a event and we couldn't see either building. So what was the point of scheduling a tour? The grounds were beautiful. Imagining the sun setting over the water in May was a beautiful mental picture for our wedding. However, the grounds weren't accessible either. The only way to get down to the waterfront was down a very steep paved driveway that my fiance needed help on. And going back up the driveway was impossible without two people pushing (he only weighs 150lbs and I push him and carry him all the time - it was not his weight that was so tough). We all sat on the deck and discussed our options and asked Peter some questions. He immediately made us feel as though we were not important to him, and it didn't matter if we didn't book with him because he knew other couples would come along. For example, when he asked us how we met, we said online, and before we could elaborate he said, "oh, I've heard better stories." We felt like, we know you have, but this is our story, and it's important to us. When we got to pricing, he looked at the menus I had printed out from HIS email, told me that they were all wrong and he had no idea how I'd gotten them, and gave us new ones that were far out of our budget. We also asked about getting dressed at the venue. He said that only the bride could dress there. The groom, groomsmen, and bridesmaids all had to get ready elsewhere. When we asked about their centerpieces (flowers in vases) and whether we could lean a small photo up on each piece, he said we could either use theirs or ours, but no mixing. Overall, we were so unhappy with this venue, mostly because of Peter and his policies. There was another reviewer on here who mentioned feeling like this place was just a wedding factory, and that's exactly how we felt. The grounds are very beautiful, but I can't even comment on the insides because we weren't allowed in. Everything about Peter was unhelpful, and quite the opposite of where we ended up booking (for a better price and more flexibility - Merlot on the Water). Everything about the venue we chose is what we wanted, and the owner (Victoria) couldn't be more willing to move things around and let us make our day OUR DAY. We made up our own menu, we're moving furniture around to make room for a photo booth, we can use a mix of her centerpieces and ours, and she has let us tour three times with no problems. I wish I could recommend Amarante's because of its setting, but the bottom line is I can't in good conscience wish this place on a couple looking for their own beautiful day.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Karina Z

The venue is gorgeous. I had my surpise bridal shower here. I didn't know the location until I arrived and it was breath taking. We looked at similar venues but the prices weren't even comparable. The staff was helpful setting up and cleaning up. There was a vast array of food... Read More (buffet style) and the food was very tasty. The best part. They have you any good left over to take home. I had breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a week

Poor Service

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Jenny S

While it looks very pretty on-line, I have been extremely disappointed with the lack of service. I had stumbled across Amarantes Sea Cliff in my search for a wedding venue on the water. I got so excited when I viewed the website that I immediately asked for pricing, but that's... Read More where my excitement ended. While the pricing was great, the response rate has been sub par. I sent an email to Peter on a Saturday with no response, I then followed up by calling the main number in which I received no response. While Peter did end up responding a few days later, it was too late, as my fiance and I had moved on to another venue. We did let Peter know that we would reach out at a later date if we were still interested. After a few conversations, we choose to view this establishment. I sent an email on Friday night (not expecting a response), so Saturday at 10:00 and again at 11:00 and again at 12:00 I tried to call this establishment to schedule a viewing and I got voicemails. I tried calling the the business office and got voicemails, if this is any indication of how I will be treated once I am a customer NO THANKS! I like to speak to people not voicemails. If I can't get a hold of someone as a potential customer. I don't expect it to be any different as a customer. All I ever wanted to do was view this establishment and maybe book my wedding, but the lack of response has been unsettling. Brides to be please don't waste your time. There are venues out there who do want your business and who will pick up the phone on a Saturday.

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Lauren D

I selected Amarante's Sea Cliff after visiting early last fall. The minute you drive up you are taken by the view! When I met with Peter and Grace I knew they had my best interest at heart. They were wonderful and easy to work with throughout planning and wanted nothing more... Read More then a perfect day for my husband and I. After our tasting we knew that the food would knock the socks off our guests and boy did they deliver! Everyone complimented them on the taste and tenderness of the beef. Having that myself I can say WOW amazing! Although I missed cocktail hour for photos all of the guests were excited with all the options and the fact that the trays were never empty. I had a personal attendant by my side the whole day who walked me through everything like a trusted side kick! She was amazing and I will never forget her! The ballroom is beautiful and lets talk about the back drop of the sunset through the big windows!! I had the most perfect weather as it clearly "never rains" at Amarante's! I cannot thank them enough for a wonderful day and memorable experience with a fantastic price I would recommend them to everyone and anyone who is willing to listen!!

highly recommended

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Katelyn M

we had our ceremony and our reception at Amarantes and I would highly recommend this to anyone searching for a beautiful location with reasonable prices. Amarante's wedding coordinator Grace went out of her way on the day of my wedding to give me the ceremony I wanted. The... Read More weather had been somewhat of an issue all day long and she knew tha tmy heart was set on an outdoor wedding. She told me that they "treat every wedding as if it were their own daughters wedding" and that they would do everything they could to get me outside. There was a small window of opportunity and we took it! the staff wiped down all of the outdoor furniture and quickly set up for an outdoor ceremony. The result.... amazing skyline in all of my photos! The food at the cocktail hour and reception were also amazing! My husband also bought some nice cigars that he wanted to display at the reception as a cigar bar of sorts. Amarante's loved ythat idea and not only set up the cigars and humidor but also set up a Cognac station. It was a hit, all of the guys loved it! Amarante's staff also surprised us and our guests with cheeseburger sliders later in the evening which I thought was a really nice touch. I cant help but mention that you really do get the most for your money at this location. I searched through a lot of venues and truly felt this was the most reasonable in cost. I highly highly recommend Amarantes sea cliff.

So Happy with Amarante's

Reviewed on 6/05/2014 Melissa D

I’m so happy we planned our wedding at Amarante's Sea Cliff, New Haven! The ball room was beautiful; the planning staff was easy to work with and the service the day of the wedding was perfect. I rate the overall experience 100%.

Amazing day

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Sophia V

Amarantes was the ONLY place we looked at. We had so many referrals that it was hard not to go with them. They were professional from the very beginning. They have been in the business long enough to know what they are doing! They were so helpful with everything. The day of the... Read More wedding i did not have to worry about a thing! They took care of everything and I was able to enjoy my reception even that much more. I had soooo much fun at my wedding reception that it did not feel like my wedding! Highly recommend Amarantes!!!! No need to go anywhere else!

The best decision we made

Reviewed on 11/25/2012 Marlyn C

everything turned out just as beautiful as promised the vendors that are recommended are worth looking into too! Thank you Peter and Grace!

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Nicole S

Amarante's was the only venue I looked at and coming from a very indecisive bride that means a lot! I knew right away that was where I wanted my reception. The know what they are doing and planned a perfectly flawless evening. They are well organized and didn't miss a beat.... Read More I love that it is a family owned business and know they take pride in what they do. Grace, Peter, and Jose were wonderful and answered all my questions and requests during the planning process. For the service and view from the deck you cannot beat the price value! We were married in the ballroom, which personally I like much better then the layout of the Inn, but both are nice. We had great weather and had cocktail hour on the deck, which was amazing! I barely ate but I was told the food was GREAT! I wanted a cigar station outside and they threw in a Cognac bar with it (it's included in the open bar bill). It was a big hit! Downside could be that two weddings can go on at the same time, but I wouldn't have known! Also parking could be an issue, I shuttled my guests so no problems there but something to look out for maybe? Also no bridal suite.. again which I didn't mind at all. But a heads up for any brides that are looking for that :) Overall everything was WONDERFUL! Highly Reccommend!

good fustrations

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 jennafer a

Amarantes Sea Cliff has a beautiful view and the venue was amazing I would recommend Amarantes they make wedding planning easy and stress free. The owner Grace was wonderful. However, I expected more from the hosts. The hosts were unhappy that I was having my pictures done... Read More during cocktail hour and kept telling my photographer to hurry up. When I explained to them we need an extra half hour to take pictures and to please stop rushing my photographer. The host then went and got my dad to come and scold me for taking so long. Later, when my Pastor was filing out our marriage cert the host told him the wrong city. This mistake has stopped me from getting our marriage cert. almost two months later and I still haven't changed my name.

bride

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Kelly F

Absolutely unbelievable service, attention to detail and concern for our needs. The food was DELICIOUS - everyone raved about their meal. Amazing views, sunset was terrific!! AWESOME place :)

Great location and great value!

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Lori T

This was truly the best place for our wedding. Our maitre d was amazing. She met us in the parking lot when we arrived, told us everything we needed to do and the rest of the night went by flawlessly. If it hadn't been for her that night I don't know what would have... Read More happened. The food was perfect, and our guests truly agreed. Our friends and family were commenting on the food,drinks, location and service after the wedding. Peter and Grace were a pleasure to work with as well. We had 190+ guests and the room was perfect for that. We had the photobooth in the room and there was still enough room for everyone to move around and dance.

Wedding of my dreams!!!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2012 Samantha T

My husband and I were married at Amarante's on Saturday, May 19, 2012. I cannot brag enough about Amarante's. From the food, to the service, to the atmosphere...everything was simply perfect! If you are a bride to be in CT, I would highly recommend looking at Amarante's!!... Read More Grace and Darlene were extremely helpful in accommodating all of our special requests. They set up our cigar/scotch station and candy bar with minimal guidance. All of my friends and family raved about the food at the cocktail hour and at dinner. We selected the Classic package. With all of the craziness going on around your wedding, Amarante's made it so that you were not stressed out and made it so that you didn't have to think and make decisions the day of. The staff was very professional, the ground are beautiful and the food was out of this world! We feel like every single penny spent with Amarante's was well worth it. I had an incredible wedding day :)

Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/02/2012 Brittany T

Everything was simply amazing here. They were an awesome venue, all of the wait staff was extra helpful and accommodating before and during the wedding. The food was out of this world, every time I talk to someone who was at my wedding they rave over the food, the cocktail hour... Read More and dinner! Grace and Peter were awesome during the whole planning as well. We loved every detail they provided.