Amp'd Entertainment

(68)

Atlanta, GA

"Let's Take it To 11!"

The Official Home of REMIX'D WEDDINGS! Atlanta Turntablism Style DJs for Every Occasion! Hire us with comfort of knowing you are not bringing a "Tradional Wedding DJ" to your event! Voted The Best of Weddings by the Knot 3 Years in Row! Check Out our Reviews + Recommendations on the Knot!

$$

Music Types

80s, 90s, Classic Rock, Disco, Hip-Hop, International, Jazz, R&B, Top 40/Pop, Variety

Specialties

Ceremony DJ, Coordination Services, Lighting, MC Services

1500 Southland Circle, Atlanta, GA

Ready to dance?! Jordan is your guy!!!

Reviewed on 4/09/2015 laura f

Jordan with Amp'd was one of the easiest and most fun vendors we worked with during our wedding planning. He took the time to meet with us and talk about our expecations for the music playlist at the wedding. If you're looking for impressive entertainment at your wedding - and something that has the potential to break the mold of the typical wedding playlist, Amp'd is your go-to! My then fiance/now husband is a musician, and needless to say - we had pretty high expectations for our playlist and wanted the music to perfectly express our personalities and set the tone for the event. No "chicken-dance" or typical wedding songs for us - we had high demands for a unique and alternative playlist. Jordan knocked it out of the park - the music was perfect and our guests were clearly enjoying themselves! We wanted our guests to hear music they might not have been previously exposed to and it worked out perfectly. The music fit "us" and we partied until the lights came on! Jordan was professional, prompt and most importantly even danced with us!

AMP'D and DJ Hollan are amazing!

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Mitra M

DJ Hollan was simply fantastic. Not only was he great to work with from the very beginning but he was so professional throughout our entire wedding planning process. He really took time to get to know us and get feelers for what type of wedding party we wanted. He had a difficult task of playing not just western, modern music but also Persian music. He couldn't have done a better job. The dance floor was packed the ENTIRE party. He read the crowd perfectly and played a perfect combination of both types of music. Do you want to have the best party ever? Book Hollan. HE ROCKS!!! I couldn't recommend him enough and I'm hard to please!!

Mike and Amp'd are the best around!!!

Reviewed on 4/08/2014 Belinda S

I honestly don't have enough good things to say about Mike Walsh and Amp'd Atlanta. During the planning stages Mike was always available for any questions or concerns we had. He was incredibly thorough and asked all the right questions. Mike made great suggestions that made our evening spectacular. He was without a doubt the most reliable, professional, and helpful person we worked with throughout the whole wedding process. Night of, he kept the dance floor packed all night, everyone worked up a sweat! All of our guests complimented how great his music was. The two videographers we worked with that night were incredibly kind and captured great moments, we can't wait to see their footage. I truly wish we were planning another event just so we could work with Mike again. Hurry up and book him!

Very Pleased with Amp'd and Jordan!

Reviewed on 4/10/2015

Amp'd Entertainment and Jordan were friendly and professional right from the start! The occasion was my daughter's wedding at a beautiful venue. We are completely satisfied with Jordan's performance! Here are the details: Amp'd has a great website and the Client Portal keeps you updated on financials, arrangements, communication, playlist management, etc. Jordan arrived early on the day of the event and got his equipment set up without hampering the other event coordinators. But more importantly, Jordan saw things that needed to be done and went above & beyond the call of duty and stepped in and solved challenges not even related to his specific duties. Anywhere sound was needed, Jordan made it happen! We found that Jordan is not only an awesome DJ and Emcee, but a great Project Manager! He has extraordinary attention to detail. During the reception, Jordan performed his Emcee duties exceptionally - even observing when guests were not following instructions and professionally bringing things back under control. He did an excellent job managing the transitions between the various parts of the reception. Later, when the dancing started, Jordan's talent shone brightly! He is able to read the crowd and play the music that keeps them moving! Guests we thought would never dance were on the floor dancing!! I highly recommend Jordan and Amp'd Entertainment!

Great Job, Great Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/05/2015

Mike was our DJ. He met with us before the wedding so he would know what we were looking for during the wedding reception. He was extremely professional and had many great ideas and suggestions. We enjoyed looking at his sound equipment. My daughter (the bride) and I knew we would be good hands as he very much wanted everything to go according to her vision. He also has a good website for planning, too. The reception was wonderful. Mike was very professional throughout the day. The timing of all events during the reception went according to plan. Everything ran very smoothly. We had so many compliments on the DJ and his music. Everyone danced! Many people hoped they could have his play list. One guest particularly was very complimentary. This guest performed in a very popular cover band back in the day, was a DJ for many years and a band manager for another popular band. He was very impressed by Amp'd Entertainment's sound and equipment and his professionalism. We highly recommend Mike and Amp'd Entertainment.

DJ Mike

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Kayla M

DJ Mike is the best! Also helped us with our videography. Kept everyone dancing the whole time! Attentive to our suggestions and musical stylings!

Fantastic DJ

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Alyssa N

Mike was the best DJ we could have asked for! Sometimes you go to weddings and no one dances- well that was absolutely not the case! Mike played songs that kept the dance floor completely full up until the very end of the wedding! We are still receiving compliments about how involved Mike was and how he truly made the crowd come alive! He listened to all of our requests (like shortening the length of father-daughter and mother-son dances) and was entertaining! We did give Mike a list if suggested songs but also gave him free range to play what he thought was best. Letting him choose is the way to go- he is the professional and chooses the best music for the certain crowd! We will recommend him to all of our friends and family for their upcoming events!

Great from planning to execution

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Kathryn F

I was very impressed with Amp'd. We communicated a number of times before the wedding and they were exceptional when it came to getting the exact versions of songs that I wanted for the ceremony and even using a piece of music that I edited to fit a certain amount of time. We also discussed them using their judgment in terms of deviating from my music play list during the reception in order to get people to dance. While I enjoy rap music, my original list did not have any on it in order to be more multi-generational. As a result, my DJ incorporated more dance/rap music to try to get people to dance, which did not happen. After trying, I would have preferred that he had gone back to my original choices more but in all fairness I did not say anything at the time because I was focused on other things. Great work, just be sure you stick to what you want or include caveats and they will follow your direction. All of this said, I would use them again.

Amped ATL - AWESOME

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

DJ Big H was awesome. Very easy to work with. Very easy to for everything, made our day less stressful! I would 100% recommend Amped Atl and DJ Big H. Kyle Adams

Awesome DJ services!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 RoseAnne H

We couldn't be happier with the job that Hollon with Amp'd Entertainment did with the sound for our wedding ceremony, and DJing our reception. His skill-set and specialization is one of a kind, the result of 15 years DJ experience and a lifetime of music appreciation. He is a great person to be around, and was so much fun to work with. He always had the perfect suggestion for our musical tastes, and is a virtual encyclopedia of the coolest tracks in the world! Plus he knows how to tailor them to your specific event. When the reception arrived, there were no surprises...except the level of participation from our crowd. Virtually everyone was on the dance floor, dancing and singing, and clapping along exuberantly throughout the duration of our final song (best send-off ever). In summary, we can't imagine our wedding with any other DJ. Hollon is a true talent, and a true professional. He'll take care of you for whatever special occasion or event you are planning.

Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Kim J

Hollon did a fantastic job at our wedding reception! The crowd enjoyed the music selections and had a great time dancing and celebrating. Thanks for a memorable night!

Amp'd Atlanta

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Amp'd Atlanta staff were all super easy & fun to work with from the very beginning of planning our wedding! DJ Bigg H aka Hollon was AWESOME!! He was great to work with, always prepared & very accommodating. We used him for our ceremony & reception and he did a fantastic job, playing the most perfect songs to set the mood! On top of being a great DJ, Hollon went above & beyond our expectations working with the other wedding vendors & our coordinator to assure everything was perfect! We could not have had a more awesome time!! We will definitely be using DJ Bigg H again in the future. We strongly recommend him for any event from weddings to house parties or corporate events. Thank you again Hollon!!

Best Dance Party Ever

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Julie F

We saw Amp'd Atlanta in action at a friend's wedding and knew we had to book them for ours as well. Mike made an effort to get to know our music preferences and the vibe we wanted for our reception. He was very professional and he was great at reading the crowd. In our humble opinions, it was the best wedding dance party we've ever been a part of. So much fun and everything we hoped it would be.

Best Dj ever

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Ali M

We could not have picked a better Dj! He was amazing! Jeremy kept the reception going the whole night. Everyone after said it was the best reception they had been too. He was very professional, fun, and full of life. He was Always on time. If you are anything like me, I was Lost at all that needed to be done/ decide and he helped us every step of the way. All around the best Dj I have heard and dealt with. Amp'd Atlanta is the way to go! Thank you Mike and Jeremy for all you did !

Look no further!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Shannon C

There are not enough words to express my gratitude and praise of this group. Especially DJ Bigg H (Hollon). He went above and beyond to ensure that my wedding with my wife was a hit. Going as far to create a one of a kind mash up of our songs. Guests at our wedding said he was the best they have ever heard and you would be very pleased to have him spin for you. I also want to note, not that it should matter, but if you are a same-sex couple like us, looking for a great DJ, give him a call! He treated us with respect and threw an amazing party and I think we were his first. Check these guys out!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Kate G

Hollon did an amazing job. He made sure everything was just how we wanted it. He was responsive and easy to work with. All of our guests had a blast! HIGHLY recommended.

Best DJ!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 Laura H

Both my husband and I are music nerds so this was probably the most important vendor to book for us. When we met with Mike we found a fellow music nerd who, it turns out, worked in radio the same time that my husband did and we ended up talking for way longer than we should have! Once booked, Amp'd had an incredibly easy website to work with and we got to add all of our songs by the events of the day (e.g. Billie Holiday during the cocktail hour, David Bowe during the seated buffet, etc.). If they didn't have a song in their database they would get it for you and Mike did an awesome job MC'ing the night. He makes sure that if you don't want requests from all of your drunk wedding guests he won't do it and he certainly won't be playing any cheesy music like the Macarena :D So much fun and well worth it. Our only regret was that we booked our photobooth before we knew that Amp'd also offered this service as I'm sure that would have been excellent too!

Class Act

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 K F

Mike was awesome. Super nice, super responsive, super talented. He worked with us to accomplish what we wanted to, including timing of certain songs. I docked a point just because he announced the Best Man and Best Woman together, but we had asked him to do so separately to drag out their intro song; Minor detail. He is great at what he does. You can tell how professional he is by his song transitions. HIs website is really easy to use, and he really uses your requests.

Excellent DJ choice!

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Kylee S

Mike did a great job as the DJ for our wedding. Working with him up to the event was very simple. Mike did a great job playing music that would get all of our guests on the dance floor, and he kept the dance floor packed the entire night!

Whitney Snuggs

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Whitney J

Amp'd Atlanta provided the music for my wedding ceremony and reception. Mike Walsh did a fantastic job choosing just the right songs to play to keep the party going. His unobtrusive style, professional demeanor, and expertise in his field made for the perfect night! I would highly recommend Amp'd Atlanta for DJ services.

Just what every wedding needs

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Colleen W

Just what every wedding needs! Photo booths are still all the rage and our guests had a great time. The attendants arrived early and had everything set up in time for people to use the booth! There were great props provided; we didn’t have to supply anything at all. The photobooth ran smoothly all night long so we never had to worry/think about it. At the end of the night, we got our memory book right away! This was one of the best parts… in the hustle-bustle of wedding day business, you don’t get to say hello to everyone! But right away, at the end of the night, we were able to definitively see that everyone had a great time, and they all left us adorable messages to read in the book. Everything was perfect! The booth itself was cute and everyone was telling us how much fun they had using it. We had people out on the dance floor dressed in the props which made for great shots later as well! Thanks for everything, we highly recommend going with AmpdAtlanta  !!

Amp'd Atlanta DJ is Awesome

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Ashley S

I am glad we went with Amp'd DJ. Mike and his team did an amazing job with out reception. They kept the people out on the dance floor and followed everything on the timeline precisely. I would definitely recommend you guys to anyone I know with a wedding coming up. Thank you so much for making our wedding day memorable.

Go DJ!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Avril H

Spectacular Dj's everyone will love! My guests had a fabulous time and I kept telling me how the music was awesome!

Best Wedding DJ Experience!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Brittany S

A friend referred Mike Walsh, and it turned out to be probably the best referral we got for the wedding! We purchased the top package that came with lighting, and it was absolutely gorgeous. Mike was reliable throughout the entire process and answered all of my emails very quickly, and we had several phone conversations as well where he really put my mind to ease about everything because he knew exactly what to do! He was so easy to work with! Everyone was on the dance floor ALL night! He also provided my ceremony music, and it was very lovely as well. He's the best! I highly recommend AMP'D Atlanta to anyone!

Awesome!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Jessica K

Mike was a joy to work with! He was very hands on in checking in with my husband and I throughout the process! He was spot on in providing us classy and fun music during every part of our Reception! I could not have asked for a better DJ and will definitely refer him to all of my friends! It was such a pleasure working with him and if you need a great DJ, don't think twice about it, just give Mike a Call!

Send Email