Andover Country Club

Bow2008
Bow2007

60 Canterbury St., Andover, MA

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Alicia M

I don't even know where to begin ! Our experience with the ACC was absolutely amazing-there aren't even enough words to explain! We met Colleen when we originally toured the country club- she was extremely kind and professional and was patient with all our questions! Shorty... Read More after touring and getting some information, we decided to book our ceremony and reception there. We loved that the rooms were floor to ceiling windows and that we could get married outside in the garden- we also loved that there was a 'Plan B' in case there was inclement weather ! The price was within our budget; shockingly cheaper than many places with much more to offer and beautiful greenery and areas with flowers and trees for pictures afterwards! We were assigned Julia as our Event Manager- she was incredible! There are simply (still) no words to describe how amazing, patient and kind she was from start to finish. We met her one night to go over every detail of the wedding- she was professional and offered great advice and options when reviewing our original plans of what we wanted. She would respond to my emails within 24 hours and was even able to make a change with seating with less than 24 before the start of our wedding! Julia always offered help and communicated via email and in person with every question- there were a lot of them, but she always had advice or guided me with options in the right direction. I couldn't have asked to be assigned a more competent and wonderful person to work with! The day of, she checked in frequently to make sure we were all doing okay. She was flexible with check-in in regards to our wedding party and other guests that would be coming (we had a ceremony start of 4pm, but check in as 3pm- she was able to arrange early check in for all our guests!). Julia arrived in the late morning to go over the time and planning of the day. She checked in frequently to ensure we were doing great and kept me posted as to what vendors were there and what was delivered and all set up- it was relieving to me to know that she could be the 'eyes and ears' and let me know everything was going according to plan ! She kept us updated on timing as we got closer to the ceremony time. She was awesome! Julia took us out on the golf cart after the ceremony to take photos on the golf course near the willow tree and fountain. It was all just amazing! Julia checked in here-and-there throughout the reception to make sure we knew what we were supposed to do next (when dinner was coming out, cutting the cake, etc.). It was an absolutely amazing experience. The way the room looked was breathtaking. Julia took us down to the see the reception room before the ceremony started and it was just an overwhelming and emotional experience for me, my family and bridal party. I had kept her posted on everything I wanted to have in the room, the layout form (completed that she provided us with), napkins, favors..you name it- she executed it perfectly just as we had discussed. Our expectation, which wasn't high at all, was completely surpassed. I owe so much to the Andover Country Club, Colleen and most of all, Julia for such an amazing and breathtaking day. Our wedding day will always be a beautiful, peaceful and incredible memory for me (us) because of all their hard work, advice, kindness, patience and professionalism. I would refer anyone to ACC...our wedding was so amazing.!

2016-09-28T08:38:12 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you for sharing how wonderful your experience was at the Andover Country Club and so glad that Colleen and Julia made your day better than you could have dreamed. Best wishes to you both.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016

Andover Country Club was the venue for my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception on June 10, 2016. We could not have been happier with how everything turned out --- from the initial planning stages right through to the actual event. We first visited Andover Country Club a... Read More year before the wedding, in June 2015. I was initially a little apprehensive about the venue, concerned that the cost might be exorbitant and that we might not quite fit into country club society. Both fears were immediately allayed by our wedding planner Kate Crayton. She was absolutely fantastic; very professional, welcoming, responsive to our questions, and was extremely accommodating to specific ideas and requests. My daughter had a very good rapport with Kate, which made communication between them go smoothly. Major planning events between in initial contract and wedding included the food tasting event in early 2016 and the final meal and table decisions a month or so before the wedding. My daughter and her then fiance attended the food tasting event and really enjoyed this. The food was outstanding and this helped them formalize their thoughts on the menu. Kate was very flexible with the final meal and bar decisions we came to a month before the wedding. This level of customer service made the process very easy and took a lot of stress off us all. During the wedding rehearsal, the ceremony, and the reception, Kate played an active role guiding and directing activities, prompting with cues, working behind the scenes, etc. She really helped all go off as perfectly as possible. Last, a few words about the venue itself and the food: both were outstanding and exceeded our expectations. The garden for the ceremony was perfect, and provided a beautiful location for photos immediately following the ceremony. My daughter and her husband loved riding out onto the course in a golf cart for a few pictures of just the two of them. The Trumpeter’s room was perfect for our wedding guests (around 145 people), and we enjoyed having the Terrace available for extra space. We received many positive comments from family and friends about the quality of the food. We concurred; it was the best banquet food any of us had ever had. On top of all this, the overall cost was LESS than we had anticipated spending a year ago, which provided additional money for my daughter and her husband to save for other expenses. I highly recommend Andover Country Club as a wedding venue.

2016-06-29T12:18:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! Best wishes to your daughter and her new husband and please keep us in mind for all your family celebrations!

Excellent service and great food ,easy to work with!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Being a wedding coordinator I deal with different vendors all over the place in different states.So I encounter many different people and situations. Working with the Andover Country Club was great! The place was Classic and elegant with beautiful huge widows overlooking the... Read More golf course . It was clean which seams to be a luxury these days. The service was excellent! From the people at the front desk to the waitstaff and setup crews. The manager was always available during the planning and was very accommodating. She was actually the same person who coordinated that day which is often not the case in other places. The food was presented beautifully and tasted great.The chef couldn't have been more helpful with different options and suggestions with the food. Having hotel rooms there is a big plus . Which are very nice and specious. They also have a very large area for pictures that you could also use for a ceremony place. Some people might be leery to have a wedding there because they do more than on wedding at a time. But let me tell you that they are very capable to make this happen without you even know there is another wedding going on or another bride there! Also a lot of people think they are expensive because they are situated in Andover. And that is definitely a myth ! They are very reasonably priced. I highly recommend this venue for whatever event and vision you have in mind.

2015-10-27T07:48:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the awesome review! We love working as a team with wedding coordinators and hope to work with you more in 2016!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Brittany E

I am beyond happy that my husband & I booked Andover Country Club for our wedding on 10.21.2016! We had both our ceremony and reception there! Our ceremony was held in the Canterbury room and our reception was in the Trumpeters room. The Trumpeters room is beautiful even when it... Read More is not set up. There are gorgeous views of the golf course from both rooms. Our event manager was Kate Crayton & she was awesome!! She did such an amazing job setting up the room! When we walked into the room after cocktail hour I was blown away by how beautiful everything was! It was truly stunning!! Kate checked in with us many times during the day & got us drinks and appetizers during the cocktail hour while we were busy taking pictures. She was so helpful and awesome to work with. The food was delicious! In fact it was SO good that we had a hard time narrowing our choices down! Being able to stay over upstairs in their hotel is a HUGE plus! The rooms were big and had gorgeous views! There is also a lounge area in their hotel where your guests who stay over can gather and hangout! We loved our venue so much that we plan on starting new traditions such as attending their Easter brunch with our families! We also plan on dining in their restaurant & staying over at their hotel on every anniversary! Thank you so much Andover Country Club! You made our wedding day a dream come true!

2016-10-30T11:58:50 Response from the vendor

We'd love for you to join us for Our Holiday Brunches and your anniversary! Thanks for the great review, we were thrilled to be a part of your special day. ps. our website has our Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet information, you can start your new family... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Elaina A

The Andover Country Club was the perfect place to get married! My husband and I were so excited with the ease of the entire process and so thankful for Kate Crayton, who was an unbelievable planner throughout this experience. Although it rained on our wedding day, we got married... Read More under the covered balcony and it was still absolutely beautiful! We wouldn't trade our experience for anything, and we would easily recommend this venue to anyone!

2016-10-24T08:43:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your great review and despite the rain we are glad you were still able to get married outside on our covered terrace!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Cheryl B

Andover Country Club was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. Everything went exactly as planned. The entire staff who worked the wedding were wonderful, the food was phenomenal and the venue was beautiful. I lost count on the number of guests who commented on how... Read More fabulous everything was. And our event planner, Kate Crayton, was the best! Thank you, A.C.C. for helping make this special day so memorable!

2016-10-24T08:48:02 Response from the vendor

You are welcome! So nice to hear this from a Parent of the Bride! We value our staff immensely as they are truly what sets our venue apart.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Angelica J

The Andover Country Club was extremely professional and helpful throughout every detail of our wedding. The grounds and 'Andover Room' were beautiful and clean not just the night of our wedding, but every visit prior leading up our day. Our coordinator was Julia, who was... Read More absolutely fantastic. She was extremely organized, attentive to every detail that we needed to go over and that I requested to include in the night and always quick to communicate back with me. Throughout the entire night, from the minute we arrived until we left, there was no problems at all with food, timing, or any other vendors that needed to coordinate with the Andover Country Club. They put on events all the time, so they have the utmost experience and the best suggestions for making your night go smoothly. I would recommend them to any couple seeking out a venue for their wedding, or really for any function.

2016-10-24T08:50:43 Response from the vendor

Please do keep us in mind for any other family celebrations and thank you for the 5 star rating. Our team makes it look easy because they truly love what they do.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Alyssa H

I was happy with the Andover Country Club for our October wedding, although I cannot go as far as to give it five stars, for the reasons referenced below. Here are the great things about the venue: - The location is beautiful for both guests to enjoy and for pictures - The wait... Read More staff was fantastic, very attentive to the guests and to my husband and me - The food was delicious (guests had a choice of pumpkin & cranberry stuffed chicken or prime rib and everyone loved them) - The ACC was able to accommodate my husband's gluten-sensitive family members - The room had a large dance floor that was set far enough away from the dinner tables. The room also had its own bar and the room overlooked the green. - We stayed right at the ACC that night in one of their lovely Jacuzzi suites. We were not required by the country club to book a certain number of rooms for guests Here are some places they could have improved on. - I would have liked a more attentive wedding coordinator. I am very much a planner, and I felt like I was on the back burner until our day drew nearer. By that, I mean an e-mail here or there would be left unanswered/answered late, or I would have to call the executive office to get someone else to help me (I suggest Traci, if you book the ACC! She was great!) From my wedding coordinator, I was receiving emails the day before the wedding when it could have been squared away long before that. She was also not as visible during the reception as I would have preferred. I had questions at the reception and no one to answer them without me having to go find her, which I wasn't going to do when I had a room full of guests. Fortunately, my husband and I booked incredible vendors (photography by Peter Clayman at NH Images and Bert at Ford Flowers) who went above and beyond that evening, so the day really went off without a glitch. Bert made sure the room was set up the way I wanted and Peter was able to direct when we should eat, when we should take pictures, when we should greet guests...etc. - There were a few miscellaneous things that could have been better as well. For some reason, there were no dishes next to the desserts. I guess guests were supposed to carry their pastries back to their tables with their hands? When my mom asked our wedding coordinator about the dishes, she responded by saying she would get my mother a dish...But my mom meant that the guests should have plates. Just a minor detail, I don't think guests noticed or cared much. - Speaking of pastries, when we booked the room, we were told we could bring in pastries from a reputable bakery, so long as they had insurance. So my husband and I booked a few of our favorite pastries from our favorite bakery (Topsfield Bakeshop) only to find out months later that we could not bring in pastries that were "perishable" because they didn't have room in the fridge but we were welcome to use the Andover Country Club for our baked goods. It ended up being fine, thanks to Topsfield Bakeshop. Overall, I am happy we booked at the ACC but I think 4/5 stars is fair.

2016-10-17T08:49:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. We do strive to make every event perfect for each couple and their guests and appreciate hearing about your event.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Liz E

We could not have been more pleased with Andover Country Club as our wedding venue! We would choose it again for future events and recommend Andover Country Club to others, with raving reviews! From the first meeting to tour with Barbara to the planning with Kate, every... Read More experience exceeded our expectations. Each encounter was professional, timely and positive. The rates were very competitive and the evening was unbeatable!

2016-10-11T09:45:42 Response from the vendor

We love comments like this! Thank you for the kind review and can't wait to have you back for future events.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Shannon C

Andover country club was the best decision we ever could've made for our wedding! Andover country club was the best decision we ever could've made for our wedding. From start to finish everybody was phenomenal to work with. For banquet Cordinator was amazing! She answered all... Read More the questions along the way and make sure that the event was perfection . It was the best price around as well as the food was so good . We highly recommend Andover country club for a wedding !

2016-06-13T15:27:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your great review, we are glad we could help make sure day perfect!

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Cary I

I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful it was to work with the Andover Country Club, for our daughter's wedding. From the onset of planning, absolutely everything was seamless. Julia was our wedding coordinator. She is professional, creative, capable, accommodating and very... Read More sweet on top of everything else. Every request was delivered with ease. I think what I appreciated the most was that the team listened. Jessica at the front desk was a complete pleasure. Her organizational skills and humor took any stress away... she is delightful! The food was, in a word, amazing. We had a really fun menu that the guests are still talking about. Presentation was beautiful. Staff was attentive and just really professional and nice...All the venues the CC suggests to use are top notch and professional. All in all, our experience was completely wonderful. If we ever need a venue again for anything, this will be the place. I would jump to work with the same team again. Thank you all for your hard work and for making our daughter's wedding a fairy tale. Grateful and impressed!

2016-03-21T09:23:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so happy you loved working with Julia and her team as well as all our preferred vendors. best wishes to you both!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Wismel G

THEY ARE THE BEST!! The staff there are amazing to work with and food was DELICIOUS! Everyone complimented on how great the food and place was during and after my wedding. I had both the ceremony and the reception at the country club and it went like a dream it was that... Read More perfect.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Mariah T

I just toured at The Andover Country Club last weekend and the entire venue was breathtaking! The staff was quick to respond to us and was able to fit us right in for a tour. They were unbelievably helpful and answered all of our questions without making us feel overwhelmed! The... Read More function rooms were all beautiful with floor to ceiling windows that overlooked the golf course. We are looking to have our ceremony there as well and their garden was stunning, even at this time of the year! We so look forward to moving forward with The Andover Country Club!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Netta K

Andover Country Club is truly an amazing place to host your event. We had our wedding ceremony and reception there on August 2nd, 2015. The venue was beautiful, the staff was excellent and the day turned out to be an unforgettable and precious day for us. We were truly... Read More pleased with everything at Andover Country Club from beginning to end -planning stages to the fruition of our perfect wedding. We can't say enough and just give high praise to Andover Country Club for making our wedding day the fantastic and memorable day that it was. Thanks!!

2015-10-26T09:33:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review! Best wishes to you both.

THE BEST VENUE!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Erica R

I can't say THANK YOU enough to the entire ACC staff for making my wedding a truly incredible affair! My wedding coordinator Traci Pacy was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was extremely friendly, helpful, and prompt in her responses to me. On the big day she was cool,... Read More calm, and collected and worked well with my wedding planner and vendors to ensure the event went flawlessly. The serving staff worked so hard and were all very polite and professional. Chef Elaine was also very accommodating! The food was absolutely AMAZING! While we opted for a church, the gardens are a very beautiful location to hold your ceremony and take photos. Honestly everything about the venue is beautiful! (I personally love the floor to ceiling windows and fireplace!) ACC also has hotel rooms on site which was very convenient for the bridal party and out of town guests. We received so many compliments from our guests who were blown away by every aspect of the wedding. I couldn't be happier with my wedding day thanks to ACC and strongly recommend you hold your wedding or other big event there!

2015-10-23T16:12:17 Response from the vendor

You are so very welcome! Everyone here at the ACC loves what they do and we love getting to know each and every couple so that we can help plan their dream wedding. Best wishes to you both.

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Jennifer S

We chose the Andover Country Club because it is an absolutely beautiful venue. We worked with Traci and she was great! I emailed her thousands of times with so many requests and she always responded so quickly and always accomodated every request! On the day of the wedding I... Read More did not have to worry about a thing. Every time I had a questions or was wondering what I should do next she was there to with the answers. She even made sure that I ate dinner! We were really happy with our venue choice and we received many compliments about how great the food was and how beautiful the venue was. No complaints!

Amazing wedding venue!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Marissa B

My husband and I had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Andover Country Club. Our ceremony was outside and it was absolutely breathtaking. The grounds of ACC are so beautiful that we did not need to provide any decorations of our own. We had our reception in the... Read More Canterbury room, which looked formal and elegant. The best thing about ACC is the food! It is unbelievable! We still have guests talking about how delicious their meals were. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, especially our event manager. Everyone at ACC was happy to meet any requests. They kept our wedding fun and stress free! I have never been to a wedding at such a fantastic venue!

2015-09-28T11:37:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you Marissa for the great review! Best wishes to you and Tom and feel free to send us some photos!

Beautiful grounds, great service!

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Erin W

We had our wedding in the Trumpeters Room at Andover Country Club with about 150 guests. The entire planning process was seamless and all club staff were so incredibly responsive and easy to work with. Our banquet manager, Traci, was lovely and very helpful. She made sure our... Read More actual day went smoothly and that any hiccups were ironed out quickly. She gently pointed us in the right direction to keep our day and evening running smoothly and on time. Our ceremony on the covered terrace was beautiful, especially with all of the spring blooms, and really eliminated any worry I had about potential rain. Food was great and I've received compliments on the bar service as well.

wedding coordinator

Reviewed on 3/26/2015

The staff at the country club went out of their way to accommodate us in every aspect. From the service to the food . The managers and the chef were excellent and the waitstaff great. If there were a negative. I would say the bartenders were greedy .We had an open bar which they... Read More already got paid their gratuity and they still were leaving money everywhere on the bars wanting more tips!

Andover Country Club

Reviewed on 2/12/2015 Leah P

We held our daughters wedding at the Andover Country club on January 17, 2015. It was a Large wedding with 288 people. We were extremely HAPPY with all the venue had to offer. Every aspect of the wedding was held at the Andover Country Club from the rehearsal dinner to the... Read More brunch for our hotel guest the following morning. We were able to reserve the entire venue, all three function rooms, (one for the ceremony, one for the cocktail hour, one for the reception) and all 25 guest rooms (which was very convenient for our guests). The wedding coordinator Tracy Pacy was exceptional, catering to our every wish (she even organized a beer tasting with a local brewery for entertainment during cocktail hour). All the food was outstanding and the serving staff were very polite, respectful and professional, our guests truly enjoyed all the food. The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL, being a winter wedding, we did not take a lot of pictures outside (although the grounds are gorgeous), however the venue had lovely fireplaces and pianos which made a wonderful background for a winter wedding. Overall, I would say the day was PERFECT. Thank you to everyone at the Andover Country Club for making our daughters wedding day so SPECIAL.

FABULOUS

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Madilyn R

The grounds were perfect for pictures and the staff was amazing. The whole day went smoothly and perfectly!

Exceeded my expectations

Reviewed on 9/18/2014

Thank you so much to Andover Country Club for exceeding my expectations. Everything was done right, the way I wanted it. You guys made my day a very special one. The pictures looked great also thanks to your beautiful gardens! You guys catered to our every need and even gave... Read More us a wedding planner, David Peterson, who was amazing. I would recommend this venue to everyone! Thanks (By the way my price includes an open bar for 100 people and open buffet!) You can't beat the prices!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 DeAnn L

I have been married for about a month now and everyone is still talking about how amazing our wedding was! Food was great, despite the weather they were able to accommodate whatever we wanted! Rain didn't even matter! David was our banquet manager and was there whenever we had... Read More questions was a smooth process! My husband and I couldn't be happier! Highly recommend.

Gorgeous/Affordable Venue

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Jen A

I would highly recommend the Andover Country Club to anyone looking for a venue outside of the city. They were extremely easy to work with and went above and beyond to accommodate my needs. The grounds are gorgeous and if you're looking for an onsite ceremony, the garden is... Read More perfect for this. The garden is also great for pictures. The food is excellent and Elaine, the chef, is more than willing to work with you on your menu. I also can't say enough about Traci Pacy, one of the wedding coordinators at Andover Country Club. She was a pleasure to work with and extremely responsive. Tracy does not miss a beat when it comes to the planning process and the day of your wedding. She keeps your event on track and makes sure everything goes smoothly. I didn't worry about a thing and I'm definitely a worrier!

Absolutely Beautiful

Reviewed on 3/19/2014 Julie H

The Andover Country Club was amazing for my March 2014 wedding. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, but the food was incredibly delicious, the staff were GREAT and everything just came together perfectly. Traci was our wedding coordinator and she was fantastic. All our... Read More guest said after that it was the best wedding they had been to.